wexfordflyer

Re: Irish 8/19

Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:16 pm

OA260 wrote:
LY ad

Very cheap and tacky looking ad! Looks more like an add to entice stag parties.
Come with me, there's a place I want you to see, where the leaves are dark, I've got a hiding place in central park.

Shamrockmaple

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:35 pm

Noticed Delta have non stop flights to Boston from Dublin for the Christmas and New Year period

5 flights per week Fri - Tues 20th December to 7th January Operated with 767-300

Eirules

Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:44 pm

Shamrockmaple wrote:
Noticed Delta have non stop flights to Boston from Dublin for the Christmas and New Year period

5 flights per week Fri - Tues 20th December to 7th January Operated with 767-300

Surely it’s only a matter of time until DUB-BOS on DL goes year round?
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

OA260

Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:55 am

Ryanair flight to Dublin Airport delayed due to HEAT as passengers forced to leave luggage behind to help take off

They told passengers that they needed to reduce the weight of the plane in order to take off

A Ryanair passenger has described her confusion after their plane couldn't leave because of heat which led to their luggage being removed in order to reduce weight for take-off.

Joanna was on Ryanair flight FR1391 from Thessaloniki to Dublin that was supposed to leave the Greek city at 2:05pm on August 26.

She told Dublin Live that they were delayed and stuck inside the plane for two hours because of the scorching weather.

Joanna said: "The reason for the delay was because of the high temperatures, It was 37C at the time of take off.

www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/ryan ... y-16834844

---

Belfast City Airport to improve terminal access for taxi passengers

George Best Belfast City Airport has started work to reconfigure the front of house area to improve access to the terminal for passengers using taxi and bus services.

The announcement comes as the airport is set to continue its agreement with Value Cabs to work as its preferred taxi provider.

The contract has been in place since 2013 and was recently renewed for three years with the option to extend for a further two years.

Lisburn-based Earney Contracts has been appointed to carry out the front of house works, which are expected to be completed by the end of the month.

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/uk- ... 48737.html

OA260

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:58 am

Looks like EI DVK operating DUB-ACE took off and then had to turn back just off the coast of Kinsale. Looks like EI DES will operate the flight later today.

wexfordflyer

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:19 am

OA260 wrote:
Looks like EI DVK operating DUB-ACE took off and then had to turn back just off the coast of Kinsale. Looks like EI DES will operate the flight later today.

Smoke in the cabin apparently
Come with me, there's a place I want you to see, where the leaves are dark, I've got a hiding place in central park.

leghorn

Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:26 pm

New CEO at Ryanair DAC.
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/tra ... -1.4002429

Mick is still the top dog.

OA260

Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:40 pm

Aer Lingus flight from Dublin to Lanzarote forced to turn back due to strange 'smell' on plane

Flight attendants were experiencing ‘watery and itchy eyes’.

An Aer Lingus holiday flight was forced to make a U-turn over the Celtic Sea and return to Dublin Airport this morning after the crew reported a "smell" on board.

Flight EI-776 from Dublin to Lanzarote in the Canary Islands, departed at around 7.52am and was about 30 minutes into its journey when the flight crew advised air traffic controllers that they would need to return to Dublin.

The crew had been in contact with the airline’s operations centre and advised them that the cabin crew had detected a smell in the passenger cabin.

The crew initially reported that no one had displayed any signs of being affected by the smell but that they would monitor the situation for a while.

Soon afterwards, when the Airbus A320-200 jet was about 100 kilometres south of Cork, the flight crew further advised air traffic control that cabin crew members had reported experiencing some side effects.

www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/aer- ... e-19038018

EI321

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:27 pm

Cityjet allegedly considering a stake in Adria airways. They are in the wet leasing business and have a fleet of CRJs.

https://www.exyuaviation.com/2019/08/ci ... erest.html

KIRFlyer

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:39 am

Hi All,

Two questions for you all. I’m thinking of getting some EI and FR vouchers for travel. Any major things to watch out for when buying em? I’ve heard horror stories in the media about them. I know the country you purchase em in, is the only country that you can start your journey.

Family member is thinking of flying EI KIR-DUB-EDI self connecting. Can they use the connections facility in T2? The Dublin Airport website says if you are self connecting, you can’t use it.

EIBPI

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:51 am

KIRFlyer wrote:
Hi All,

Family member is thinking of flying EI KIR-DUB-EDI self connecting. Can they use the connections facility in T2? The Dublin Airport website says if you are self connecting, you can’t use it.

Both flights on Aer Lingus? Can your family member not do a multi-city booking on Aerlingus.com and get it on a single ticket?

ClassicLover

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:56 am

KIRFlyer wrote:
Hi All,

Two questions for you all. I’m thinking of getting some EI and FR vouchers for travel. Any major things to watch out for when buying em? I’ve heard horror stories in the media about them. I know the country you purchase em in, is the only country that you can start your journey.

I've had an EI voucher before, which was given to me as a work prize. I had absolutely no issues whatsoever redeeming it for flights. It was purchased in Dublin and I used it for a return trip from Dublin. I'd say you'll be fine with vouchers for either company. There's no real issue, as long as the person redeems them before they expire.

If Dublin Airport says you can't use the connections facility in T2 when self-connecting, that would be your answer. It's not like security in Dublin takes a long time anyway, especially now that summer is ending. If they are concerned, tell them to pay the €6-8 for Fast-Track security in Dublin. That's always very fast.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

AmricanShamrok

Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:12 am

KIRFlyer wrote:
Hi All,

There are some restrictions with EI vouchers (from personal experience). One being you can't use it to redeem flights that include a partner airline even if booked on one ticket on EI.com (for example I wanted to use it for SNN-BOS-ORD connecting with B6 and couldn't).

JAmie2k9

Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:55 am

KIRFlyer wrote:
Hi All,

Probably wont apply in this case however you can only use one voucher per booking with EI and FR.

KIRFlyer

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:45 am

EIBPI wrote:
KIRFlyer wrote:
Hi All,

Both flights on Aer Lingus? Can your family member not do a multi-city booking on Aerlingus.com and get it on a single ticket?

The app and website won’t allow you book a whole return journey from KIR to EDI on the one booking. Majority of destinations out of KIR are all in the US. Bit ridiculous!

KIRFlyer

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:49 am

ClassicLover wrote:

I've had an EI voucher before, which was given to me as a work prize. I had absolutely no issues whatsoever redeeming it for flights. It was purchased in Dublin and I used it for a return trip from Dublin. I'd say you'll be fine with vouchers for either company. There's no real issue, as long as the person redeems them before they expire.

If Dublin Airport says you can't use the connections facility in T2 when self-connecting, that would be your answer. It's not like security in Dublin takes a long time anyway, especially now that summer is ending. If they are concerned, tell them to pay the €6-8 for Fast-Track security in Dublin. That's always very fast.

Cheers for the advice on the vouchers. I’m assuming if the cost of the flight is less than the voucher, the voucher balance isn’t lost and can be used towards another flight. Or if the cost of the flight is greater than the voucher, than the user pays the balance in cash.

I agree that security in DUB isn’t that bad, but when arrival and departure are around an hour apart. Every minute counts, and that’s without any delays.

KIRFlyer

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:51 am

AmricanShamrok wrote:
There are some restrictions with EI vouchers (from personal experience). One being you can't use it to redeem flights that include a partner airline even if booked on one ticket on EI.com (for example I wanted to use it for SNN-BOS-ORD connecting with B6 and couldn't).

Cheers for these pointers. It’s good to know. Vouchers will most likely be used on flights between ORK and EDI direct.

KIRFlyer

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:27 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:

Probably wont apply in this case however you can only use one voucher per booking with EI and FR.

That is also good to know! Cheers.

AmricanShamrok

Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:58 pm

G-XWBA, one of BA's new A350-1000s is doing circuit training at SNN at the moment if anyone is in the vicinity.

LAXffDUB

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:33 pm

I've noticed the EI flights to Florida for the next two days have been either cancelled or retimed due to the storm. That has me wondering about the personal safety of those crews. I'm guessing there is one in MCO who were expecting to work the return. What happens to them? Are they now part of the exodus of people trying to leave; deadheading back? Or do they simply "shelter in place"? And for the MIA flights, would the crew on the inbound flight be expected to remain, or do they also deadhead back on the turnaround?

Eagleboy

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:17 pm

Situations can be different in each location but EI will ensure their staff are safe. 2 years ago crew operated to MIA and deadheaded straight back

Skyblue39

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:26 pm

Came off the AA Dallas service again this afternoon. I routed DUB-CLT-DFW and DFW-DUB on the inbound. The return was 90% full in Y.

qf789

Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:14 am

Please continue discussion in Irish 9/19

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1430457
Forum Moderator

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos