Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

aircountry
Topic Author

What has caused the IAH International Terminal build delay?

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:50 am

What happen to IAH new international terminal at MLIT and the old terminal C north hasnt demolish. See this https://www.click2houston.com/news/inve ... ake-flight

Whats wrong Houston Mayor screwing up for delay?

I remembered someone posted about China Eastern Airlines want to serve IAH and nothing show up and few international airlines want to serve IAH, but MLIT and city of Houston keep delay too much.

LH658

Re: What happen IAH new international terminal keep delay too much?

Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:56 pm

Interesting, I thought work has already started.. Terminal D project has been delayed since like 2011/2012. There was one press conference out back then, that EK wanted it own independent lounge.

Blockplus

Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:05 pm

See mayor Turner. He got into office and all of the bid and awarded contracts for construction companies by the previous administration we considered null and void because he felt they weren’t awarded to enough minority and woman owned companies. So, he started the whole process over. To make sure his cronies would be awarded contracts. I believe it has gone to court. But, this is the same Turner that has started a war with the fire fighters.

tys777

Re: What has caused the IAH International Terminal build delay?

Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:50 pm

Please keep the discussion on topic and refrain from personal attacks.

Also, remember that we are a global forum and that not everyone speaks English as a first language.

FriscoHeavy

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:36 pm

Terminal D is very easy to use, though a bit boring. But hey, it's very functional. With that said, I really hope they replace it with an enlarged (more gates) international terminal. It would really compliment Terminal E and the existing parts that have been torn down/remodeled.

Does anyone know what the latest rendering are of what Terminal D is supposed to look like when completed and when it may be done?
Whatever

AAIL86

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:40 pm

Blockplus wrote:
See mayor Turner. He got into office and all of the bid and awarded contracts for construction companies by the previous administration we considered null and void because he felt they weren’t awarded to enough minority and woman owned companies. So, he started the whole process over. To make sure his cronies would be awarded contracts. I believe it has gone to court. But, this is the same Turner that has started a war with the fire fighters.

Source(s)?
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason - Benjamim Franklin

YoungDon

Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:38 pm

Blockplus wrote:

That's exactly the opposite of how it went down as far as I understand. Both the current and previous city controllers had issues with how the procurement process went down and held up awarding the contracts. Turner's actions were consistent with the recommendations of both controllers.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/p ... 819268.php

As far as the firefighters went, the mayor explained exactly what would happen if the pay parity referendum passed. He was against it because it was fiscally irresponsible. We decided not to believe him which is why we're in the position we are now.

With all that being said, this has definitely dragged on far too long even after the rebidding process and both the mayor and the city controller should be held to account for that. But the idea that the current administration is completely to blame for these delays is false.

IAHWorldflyer

Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:42 pm

Mayor Turner did indeed cancel previously awarded contracts and rebid them. The same construction company won it back. But work has not really started on much of anything. Blockplus may not have sources to back his claim up, but what he says does have some credence locally in Houston.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/new ... r-iah.html

https://www.chron.com/business/article/ ... 228403.php

LAXdude1023

Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:55 pm

Blockplus wrote:

No sympathy for the firefighters. They walked out of the process on their own and tried to get a raise from the voters who don’t have the authority to give it. He said there would be layoffs if it passed. It passed, there were layoffs. No one can say they were surprised.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

aircountry
Topic Author

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:21 am

Houston Mayor Turner keep screwing up for wasting time and money to rebuilt the new MLIT (Mickey Lealand International Terminal). He is the one ripped the contract and start all over and now nothing start to rebuilt on MLIT. Look at United Airlines paid to built the new terminal C north and its done! UA gave the old terminal C to city of Houston to take care of it but I noticed UA planes still park at old T C north for resting not as schedule flights. Something fishing going on at Mayor of Houston and HAS Mario Diaz wont tell the information why delay too long. Thanks to KPRC 2 Houston investigation on them.

Read the quote from Tony Buzbee said "I would fire the airport director immediately. I would have a full audit done of all money spent so far and how we are going to spend ... going forward immediately," mayoral candidate Tony Buzbee said.

If he win then for sure to fire right away and speed up to finish the job. So when the is election coming up?

COflyerBOS

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:39 am

Tony is a nut. He has zero chance to win. Republicans winning city wide will be hard, especially ones who park tanks in front of their houses, have weird “robberies” by what appears to 1) be a hooker and 2) art insurance fraud.

aircountry
Topic Author

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:44 am

Here is the master plan for MLIT and look up on page 37 and now I dont know what look like after new design. http://system.gocampaign.com/netisd_org ... INAL_R.pdf

from old posted viewtopic.php?t=607569

Blockplus

Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:14 pm

I didn’t think I remembered it wrong. Unless this article https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/new ... r-iah.html
Uses the word minority a different way than it came across.

The previous administration’s bidding process had no legal reason to scrap the bids, but they did anyway https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chron. ... 228403.php

The perception of impropriety in the city of Houston comes from the “pay to play” shenanigans that have been plaguing the council And the mayor.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chron. ... 953260.php
https://texasscorecard.com/houston/hous ... -petition/
The petition failed.

Turner has a transparency problem in other things too..
https://www.dolcefino.com/2019/06/03/ma ... f-secrecy/

LAXdude1023

Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:30 pm

COflyerBOS wrote:
Tony is a nut. He has zero chance to win. Republicans winning city wide will be hard, especially ones who park tanks in front of their houses, have weird “robberies” by what appears to 1) be a hooker and 2) art insurance fraud.

Yeah. Buzbee is a Trump stooge and Trump is unpopular in the city of Houston. He has no chance. Bill King has more of a chance but Turner will probably win again.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos