321neo
Topic Author
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:01 pm

Aer Lingus today commenced transatlantic A321LR operations, with its first A321LR EI-LRA operating the EI131 to Hartford. The beginning of a new era for Aer Lingus!

Video of inaugural departure:

https://youtu.be/vSPvUrrD4XE
 
FCAFLYBOY
Posts: 650
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:03 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:08 pm

Exciting times in Aviation. The A321LR May open lots of new markets, both for EI and other carriers such as TP.
Last edited by FCAFLYBOY on Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Posts: 6636
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:08 pm

Is this an all Y cabin 212 seats?
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.
 
321neo
Topic Author
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:13 pm

readytotaxi wrote:
Is this an all Y cabin 212 seats?


16 J & 168 Y in full long haul interior

See a CGI video of the exterior and interior here:

https://youtu.be/CxWIb-CCD4c
 
User avatar
gatibosgru
Posts: 1571
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:44 pm

Will SNN-BOS change to an LR? Does it have the legs to reach FLL/MIA?

Congrats to EI!
@DadCelo
 
behramjee
Posts: 4963
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:56 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:50 pm

321neo wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:
Is this an all Y cabin 212 seats?


16 J & 168 Y in full long haul interior

See a CGI video of the exterior and interior here:

https://youtu.be/CxWIb-CCD4c


Youtube is blocked at my office so can you please tell me if the J class cabin on board their 32Ls are normal J class seats or flat beds? Thank you.
 
UPNYGuy
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:51 pm

behramjee wrote:
321neo wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:
Is this an all Y cabin 212 seats?


16 J & 168 Y in full long haul interior

See a CGI video of the exterior and interior here:

https://youtu.be/CxWIb-CCD4c


Youtube is blocked at my office so can you please tell me if the J class cabin on board their 32Ls are normal J class seats or flat beds? Thank you.


They are similar to the B6 mint seats if I remember right.
 
eidvm
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:52 pm

behramjee wrote:
321neo wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:
Is this an all Y cabin 212 seats?


16 J & 168 Y in full long haul interior

See a CGI video of the exterior and interior here:

https://youtu.be/CxWIb-CCD4c


Youtube is blocked at my office so can you please tell me if the J class cabin on board their 32Ls are normal J class seats or flat beds? Thank you.


Full flat seats, Thompson Advantage seats same as their A330's and 757s.
 
321neo
Topic Author
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:55 pm

gatibosgru wrote:
Will SNN-BOS change to an LR? Does it have the legs to reach FLL/MIA?

Congrats to EI!


SNN-BOS & SNN-JFK will both have the A321LR from Summer 2020. The aircraft will also operate the early morning SNN-LHR.
 
321neo
Topic Author
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:19 pm

gatibosgru wrote:
Does it have the legs to reach FLL/MIA?


DUB-MSP is too far for the A321LR (A332 scheduled to operate this route once the B752s are gone) and that route is shorter than DUB-MIA/FLL.

Perhaps these routes could see the XLR when those arrive.
 
CairnterriAIR
Posts: 666
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:52 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:38 pm

Very nice, should be arriving shortly here. (I live a dozen miles from BDL). A nice new aircraft but bitter sweet as after 30+ years there are no longer any passenger 757’s serving the airport. The aircraft has had a long history with BDL, with EA, DL, UA, AA, US, NW, and EI all with 757 service. At one time there would be multiples on the ground at any given time. But indeed these new A321’s will serve the public here well.
 
User avatar
ElroyJetson
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 5:04 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:41 pm

Very happy for EI. The acquisition of the A321LR is a great move.
707 717 727 72S 737 733 737-700 747 757 753 767-300 764 A319 A320 DC-9-10 DC-9-30 DC-9-50, MD-82 MD-88 MD-90 DC-10-10 DC-10-40 F-100
 
airbazar
Posts: 9692
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:07 pm

321neo wrote:
gatibosgru wrote:
Does it have the legs to reach FLL/MIA?


DUB-MSP is too far for the A321LR (A332 scheduled to operate this route once the B752s are gone) and that route is shorter than DUB-MIA/FLL.

Perhaps these routes could see the XLR when those arrive.


DUB-MSP is well within the range of the LR with so few seats. If they plan to use the A332 it's because demand warrants it. DUB-MIA is borderline.
 
jetblueguy22
Posts: 3235
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:26 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:12 pm

Will be cool to see it when I get back to work on Monday. Bittersweet to see another 757 go, however. I believe that makes 5X the only regular 757 operator to BDL.
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club
 
User avatar
shamrock350
Posts: 5293
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:38 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:31 pm

Business:

Image

Economy:

Image

Shamrock350
 
TObound
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 12:54 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:46 pm

I am really curious on how much cargo room is left on these flights with the aux tanks.
 
User avatar
jaybird
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2001 4:23 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:51 pm

Hope someone gets a shot of the plane at BDL! :-)
 
FriscoHeavy
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:20 pm

By nature, I'm a Boeing fan, but this plane looks great from the inside out. Wonderful paint scheme (painting the engine nacelles made it great) and the seat colors look very nice and inviting. I wish it were a MAX-10, but I'd love to try their product on the A321 at some point. Well done EI.
Whatever
 
ajsljet45
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:54 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:51 pm

Got a couple very quick shots while exiting the terminal today.

Image

Image
 
uconn99
Posts: 369
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:52 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:00 pm

Sad to see the 757 go but a nice welcome addition to the general public. More than likely the last scheduled 757 passenger service into BDL.

Aer Lingus business class is fantastic. I flew BDL-DUB a couple years ago and was lucky to get one of the "pod" seats. Great service, nice seat, and above average food for transatlantic service.
 
P3guy
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:49 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:13 pm

I too have typically being a Boeing fan, mostly because of extensively flying Southwest and Alaska in the past. Have however loved experiencing the Ex Virgin America A320 New Alaska A32Xs, Jet Blue A32Xs. Aer Lingus does a nice job with the A330s and looking forward to a chance to fly their newest addition. Fair play to you Aer Lingus! Very bad timing for Boeing seeing all these new A321s coming on line, I hope the Max problems do not slow down the 737-Max10 development.
 
EINA320
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:17 pm

ajsljet45 wrote:
Got a couple very quick shots while exiting the terminal today.

Image

Image


It’s such a great looking aircraft. As much as I love the 757, I think I’ve a new favorite! You didn’t happen to take any videos/pictures onboard? I’m really looking forward to seeing a trip report of this aircraft soon.
 
peterinlisbon
Posts: 1518
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:29 pm

A quick checked showed you can get this flight for just £239 one-way. Not bad! I think with the A320neo and 737Max eventually we could have direct flights from Europe to every state in the USA.
 
TranscendZac
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:50 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:33 pm

What a time and what a plane. The A321 looks really good in that livery and especially with the new larger engines. The A321LR is a near 1 for 1 replacement for the 757 on what, 99% of all flights. The XLR ought to more fill in that last 1%.
Zac
 
CairnterriAIR
Posts: 666
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:52 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:42 pm

ajsljet45 wrote:
Got a couple very quick shots while exiting the terminal today.

Image

Image


Looks like they did a water cannon salute for it....fire equipment parked in front of the gates. (Either that or the nightly Ft Lauderdale passengers on the JetBlue did something they shouldn’t have.)
 
321neo
Topic Author
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:41 am

ajsljet45 wrote:
Got a couple very quick shots while exiting the terminal today.

Image

Image


Great to see the EI NEO beside metal of its partner airline B6!
 
321neo
Topic Author
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:50 am

 
oschkosch
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:41 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:08 am

321neo wrote:



Excellent pics, thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

Looks like new times are coming and A321LR plus XLR will be the planes making the new era exciting!
:stirthepot:
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23578
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:14 am

ajsljet45 wrote:
Got a couple very quick shots while exiting the terminal today.

Image

Image


Nice pics :)
 
Draken21fx
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:38 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:41 am

oschkosch wrote:
321neo wrote:



Excellent pics, thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

Looks like new times are coming and A321LR plus XLR will be the planes making the new era exciting!
:stirthepot:


Thats a strange J class sitting. Is it 1-2-1?

Also the colour scheme is different from the renderings and I see they havent removed the plastic protective film of the floor...looks awful and a bit kitsch.
 
BrianDromey
Posts: 2446
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:23 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:01 am

Draken21fx wrote:

Thats a strange J class sitting. Is it 1-2-1?

Also the colour scheme is different from the renderings and I see they havent removed the plastic protective film of the floor...looks awful and a bit kitsch.


Those shots are in the hangar in Dublin where work was done to bring the aircraft to EI standards. The plastic was removed before operations began!

J is the Thomson Vantage seat, its an alternating 2-1 configuration which does mean some window seats don’t have direct aisle access those are 2AK, 4AK and 6AK. There are 4 “throne seats” which are both aisle and window and ideal for solo travellers.

Here is a google maps tour of the cabin on he 757, which is similar but seats 12 instead of 16.
https://goo.gl/maps/hPEvxruRxeSoegmv5
 
Skyblue39
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:34 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:02 am

Draken21fx wrote:
oschkosch wrote:
321neo wrote:



Excellent pics, thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

Looks like new times are coming and A321LR plus XLR will be the planes making the new era exciting!
:stirthepot:


Thats a strange J class sitting. Is it 1-2-1?

Also the colour scheme is different from the renderings and I see they havent removed the plastic protective film of the floor...looks awful and a bit kitsch.


The floor covering was removed prior to entering into service. You honestly don’t believe it would fly on revenue service with that covering still in place?
 
oschkosch
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:41 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:06 am

Draken21fx wrote:
oschkosch wrote:
321neo wrote:



Excellent pics, thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

Looks like new times are coming and A321LR plus XLR will be the planes making the new era exciting!
:stirthepot:


Thats a strange J class sitting. Is it 1-2-1?

Also the colour scheme is different from the renderings and I see they havent removed the plastic protective film of the floor...looks awful and a bit kitsch.



Even though I think 2:2 seating in J is shit as I prefer aisle access from all J seats, the alternating 1-2-1 J class seating looks fabulous. They def. made the most out of it.
 
airbazar
Posts: 9692
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:07 am

Draken21fx wrote:
Thats a strange J class sitting. Is it 1-2-1?

That configuration has been used by a few airlines for years, most notably B6 and BA.
Some people prefer the "throne" seat but personally I prefer the window seat in the 2-seat row, because I have no problem jumping over people's legs and I really like looking out the window :)
 
leghorn
Posts: 898
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:13 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:32 am

That is a plane that will pay for itself every day of the year. So many marginal routes will become consistently profitable with that plane.
When BA see Aer Lingus getting so many European Destinations in on top of the transatlantic trips they'll embrace it too.
Pinch me because I'm being uncharacteristically optimistic.
 
Chasensfo
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:07 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:36 am

321neo wrote:
gatibosgru wrote:
Does it have the legs to reach FLL/MIA?


DUB-MSP is too far for the A321LR (A332 scheduled to operate this route once the B752s are gone) and that route is shorter than DUB-MIA/FLL.

Perhaps these routes could see the XLR when those arrive.

I thought the whole reason for the 757 on the route was the delayed arrival of the A321s, and the route had been long planned for the A321?

I am planning to take a trip to MSP sometime in the next 2-3 weeks and Aer Lingus 757s are my primary target while I'm out there, any idea when they are due to leave the route?
 
airbazar
Posts: 9692
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:37 am

leghorn wrote:
That is a plane that will pay for itself every day of the year. So many marginal routes will become consistently profitable with that plane.
When BA see Aer Lingus getting so many European Destinations in on top of the transatlantic trips they'll embrace it too.
Pinch me because I'm being uncharacteristically optimistic.

Humm, BA has been flying A321's in that configuration for years - well maybe not that many years but still... :)
https://seatguru.com/airlines/British_A ... A321_C.php
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23578
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:42 am

airbazar wrote:
leghorn wrote:
That is a plane that will pay for itself every day of the year. So many marginal routes will become consistently profitable with that plane.
When BA see Aer Lingus getting so many European Destinations in on top of the transatlantic trips they'll embrace it too.
Pinch me because I'm being uncharacteristically optimistic.

Humm, BA has been flying A321's in that configuration for years - well maybe not that many years but still... :)
https://seatguru.com/airlines/British_A ... A321_C.php


Indeed great aircraft ex BMI in the BA fleet since around 2012. Had many a good flight on them to Mid Haul destinations.
 
User avatar
Aisak
Posts: 865
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:56 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:33 pm

airbazar wrote:
Humm, BA has been flying A321's in that configuration for years - well maybe not that many years but still... :)
https://seatguru.com/airlines/British_A ... A321_C.php

Well, many years seems ok. First, those G-MEDx planes were flying in full BA colours, as British Mediterranean or bmed was a franchisee operator. Then, bmed was adquired by and integrated into bmi, so planes changed the livery but most flights retained the BA code via codeshare on BD.
Finally, the remaining of what was left of bmi was purchased and integrated into BA, so those MEDx planes have been providing good service to BA one way or another for “many years”
 
User avatar
cathay747
Posts: 1115
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:47 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:55 pm

OA260 wrote:
ajsljet45 wrote:
Got a couple very quick shots while exiting the terminal today.

Image


Nice pics :)


Did anybody else notice that the behind-the-wing exit is deactivated? Just like on most 739ER's. You can faintly see the exit if you zoom in on this pic, but it's not outlined. So I'm guessing that with the # of seats, it's not required? First time I've seen this on a 321LR.
Try a Little VC-10derness
 
User avatar
DLHAM
Posts: 372
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:10 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:14 pm

cathay747 wrote:
Did anybody else notice that the behind-the-wing exit is deactivated? Just like on most 739ER's. You can faintly see the exit if you zoom in on this pic, but it's not outlined. So I'm guessing that with the # of seats, it's not required? First time I've seen this on a 321LR.


Yeah there are different door configurations for different capacities. As follows:

Exit limits, front and rear door plus:

- one overwing exit = 165 passengers 
- two overwing exits = 195 passengers 
- one overwing exit and door 3 = 210 passengers 
- two overwing exits and door 3 = 240 passengers

Some Airlines have the exits like Aer Lingus, for example THY and Asiana. Also many have the configuration with one overwing exit deactivated, for example BA, NZ, TAP, American.
Edith: also one Airline comes to my head with only one Overwing Exit activated: La Compagnie.
My Instagram Account: Instagram
 
BlatantEcho
Posts: 2124
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2000 10:11 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:20 pm

I saw a TAP A321 on Flightradar24 approaching EWR a few weeks ago (from OPO).

I realized it was a new era upon us. This is going to continue what the 787 started. More and more point to point routes. It’s awesome and inspiring to see.
 
mcg
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:49 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:42 pm

peterinlisbon wrote:
A quick checked showed you can get this flight for just £239 one-way. Not bad! I think with the A320neo and 737Max eventually we could have direct flights from Europe to every state in the USA.


Wyoming? Mississippi?
 
peterinlisbon
Posts: 1518
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:53 pm

mcg wrote:
peterinlisbon wrote:
A quick checked showed you can get this flight for just £239 one-way. Not bad! I think with the A320neo and 737Max eventually we could have direct flights from Europe to every state in the USA.


Wyoming? Mississippi?


Perhaps eventually even the smaller states could support a flight to London with connections to the rest of Europe.
 
User avatar
Aisak
Posts: 865
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:56 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:07 pm

peterinlisbon wrote:
mcg wrote:
peterinlisbon wrote:
A quick checked showed you can get this flight for just £239 one-way. Not bad! I think with the A320neo and 737Max eventually we could have direct flights from Europe to every state in the USA.


Wyoming? Mississippi?


Perhaps eventually even the smaller states could support a flight to London with connections to the rest of Europe.


That will be hard to see as long as London runways are so constrained. DUB and Aer Lingus on the other hand have two main advantages: geography makes the route shorter and slots at DUB are not that hard to find.
 
EI564
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 9:05 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:18 pm

Chasensfo wrote:
I am planning to take a trip to MSP sometime in the next 2-3 weeks and Aer Lingus 757s are my primary target while I'm out there, any idea when they are due to leave the route?

Not till Summer 2020 at the earliest. It seems to be the last route that will have the EI 757s from Dublin.
 
User avatar
shamrock350
Posts: 5293
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:38 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:03 pm

Chasensfo wrote:
I thought the whole reason for the 757 on the route was the delayed arrival of the A321s, and the route had been long planned for the A321?

I am planning to take a trip to MSP sometime in the next 2-3 weeks and Aer Lingus 757s are my primary target while I'm out there, any idea when they are due to leave the route?


MSP was always planned to be a 757 with YUL being the first A321LR destination. After the delays from Airbus, YUL was postponed to Summer 2020 and BDL become the first A321LR route instead.

MSP will continue to be a 757 throughout winter and has tentatively been scheduled as a A332 from next summer.
 
smi0006
Posts: 2298
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:32 pm

When will EI start routing these 321s to Shorthaul flights between long haul decorous? Or has that already started? Any ideas on their shorthaul routes?
 
User avatar
airkas1
Head Screener
Posts: 7876
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:01 am

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:41 pm

 
Bhoy
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:50 pm

Re: Aer Lingus Commences A321LR Transatlantic Flights

Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:55 pm

peterinlisbon wrote:
Not bad! I think with the A320neo and 737Max eventually we could have direct flights from Europe to every state in the USA.

Hawaii?
Bit of a stretch even for an XLR surely? Or are we talking in general rather than just with a 320neo/max? Alaska is in range of the great circle distance (Anchorage is only 107 nautical miles further from Dublin than Miami), and the cabin size might work there. But Honolulu is almost twice the distance from Dublin than Minneapolis.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos