eagles94
Topic Author

British Airways A321 emergency evacuation in Valencia

Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:08 pm

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/05/british- ... -10523587/

Smoke in the cabin.

Seems many passengers first priority is wanting water.....

BlueberryWheats

Re: British Airways A321 emergency evacuation in Valencia

Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:38 pm

Wow, that's quite a bit of smoke!

Good to see the passengers stayed calm throughout, some were even laughing on that cabin video.

litz

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:02 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong ... but oxygen masks (dispensing .. you know ... oxygen) into a possible fire environment might not be the smartest possible move?

What do the procedures say about a manual deployment? Obviously the masks drop in a cabin pressure situation (which is what they're designed for) but what about fire/smoke situations?

upperdeckfan

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:32 pm

Spanish media is citing lack of info by BA and 10 pax sent to hospital for non-life threatening injuries.

Once again people can be seen taking hand luggage during evacuation
764, 789, 732,733,735,737,738,739,
752, 722, 717,74M,DC10,DC9,M82,
M83, M87, M88,310,319,320,321,332,
333, 343, 346,359,388,L1011,CR2,
CR7, CR9,CRK, E175,E190,ATR42,
DSH8, CS1,CS3

barney captain

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:41 pm

litz wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong ... but oxygen masks (dispensing .. you know ... oxygen) into a possible fire environment might not be the smartest possible move?

What do the procedures say about a manual deployment? Obviously the masks drop in a cabin pressure situation (which is what they're designed for) but what about fire/smoke situations?

You are 100% correct. Our procedures specifically prohibit the manual deployment of the O2 masks in a smoke/fire situation for this very reason. The masks are diluted oxygen and will be of little benefit at any rate.
Southeast Of Disorder

Bhoy

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:47 pm

litz wrote:

I thought you had to pull the mask down (which pulls a tripwire) to start the oxygen flow? So just deploying masks wouldn't actually introduce oxygen to the cabin?

FlyRow

Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:15 pm

There is some girl tweeting and taking pictures as well as the evactuation is started. What's wrong with people.

It could be your life or even more important. That of others. This time it was fine, but we all know they'de do it in a bigger emercency as well.

Nice, you are dead, and so are the people behind you, but at least you updated twitter before you died.
F70-F100-RJ85-RJ70-E190-319-320-321-733-734-735-737-738-752-753-763-764-772-744-380

SCQ83

Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:19 pm

FlyRow wrote:
There is some girl tweeting and taking pictures as well as the evactuation is started. What's wrong with people.

It could be your life or even more important. That of others. This time it was fine, but we all know they'de do it in a bigger emercency as well.

Nice, you are dead, and so are the people behind you, but at least you updated twitter before you died.

This guy made a video for Twitter inside. Then he is laughing because he said he took his cabin luggage with him in case it was burnt or they didn't allow him to take it after the evacuation

https://twitter.com/Dani_Merono/status/ ... 32544?s=20

Probably someone made some video for Instagram Stories. :D

qf789

Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:01 pm

upperdeckfan wrote:
Spanish media is citing lack of info by BA and 10 pax sent to hospital for non-life threatening injuries.

Like seen here, on a serious note its about time that these fools have the book thrown at them, they should be arrested and charged for endangering other passengers and not to mention the crew as well

https://twitter.com/Nickel23Matt/status ... 03971?s=20
Forum Moderator

aircatalonia

Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:37 pm

These A321 smoke incidents seem to be happening more and more often.

bennett123

Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:57 pm

Given the amount of smoke in the cabin, you would think people would realise that it was serious.

n729pa

Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:30 pm

FlyRow wrote:

Yes on the BBC page

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49243757

https://mobile.twitter.com/lucyaabrown? ... k-49243757

A terrifying experience but you've got time to stop to take pictures of the evacuation on board? Good job you weren't in front of me because I would have given you an almighty push to get you moving and everyone
off .... I hope you're happy now you have your 15 mins of fame.... next time if you want to film it stay in your seat and let everyone else get off first!

Some people honestly...social media has a lot to answer for sometimes and mainstream media don't help pampering to the sensationalism....

In 17 days time it is the anniversary of the Manchester air disaster, there people couldn't get off the plane quick enough and 55 perished, 34 years later we get our phones out and overhead luggage, then run to the media for attention.

Let's hope that we are not discussing this kind of thing on here one day after a loss of life due to a few selfish individuals.

OmerMaz

Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:20 am

aircatalonia wrote:

Can you please fill me up on other recent incidents?

Either way, I'm glad it ended on the ground without any life threatning injuries.

I do, however, agree that the aircrews, or curtain laws enforced by aircrews, will force passengers to evacuate ASAP reggardless of their belongings.
I have never been into such situation, and I hope I never will, but I think we can agree on "life before property", am I wrong?

Virtual737

Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:34 am

qf789 wrote:
upperdeckfan wrote:

Like seen here, on a serious note its about time that these fools have the book thrown at them, they should be arrested and charged for endangering other passengers and not to mention the crew as well

I think this is one of those situations where we cannot be too high and mighty because we wont know what we would do ourselves until we were in that exact situation. Its a bit like trying to answer what you would do if you were mugged.

Absolutely it has the potential to delay an evacuation and absolutely I would like to think I would do the right thing and just get out ASAP - I just don't know 100% that I would.

Its been discussed many times before and some say that locking the overhead bins would solve it, but this might just as easily cause more delay as people try to break them open.

Prosecuting people... I just don't see that happening, at least with any meaningful effect. In a high stress situation (such as an evacuation of a smoke filled plane), the legal consequences of grabbing a bag are probably not anywhere near the front of your mind.

Not to take away from the fact that taking your carry on bags will almost certainly delay the evacuation and that even 1 second of delay has the possibility of meaning life or death, but those that did leave their bags on board should get them back at the FIRST available opportunity. It should be one of the very first things that happens when it is safe to do so. I have no idea how long it took for the people in this incident, that did the right thing, to get their bags back, but I could quite easily believe that it was several hours.

YIMBY

Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:27 am

qf789 wrote:

When people panic they behave irrationally and do things that they would never imagine to do when calm. Therefore any punishment is of no help.
(Though it might not hurt if the evacuated luggage is systematically confiscated and given back after other passengers got their luggage from the plane, to discourage the very few that do it consciously and deliberately)

It would be important to announce and repeat not to take any luggage, though most people would not hear under emergency.

I see no other solution than restrict the cabin luggage: only items necessary on the flight, in a carriable handbag or backpack, never ever a hard trolley.

LaunchDetected

Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:44 am

Regarding the evacuation, the subject has been already widely discussed in the Aeroflot SSJ thread.

The passengers must have their health checked periodically now!
Caravelle lover

Boeing74741R

Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:41 am

bennett123 wrote:
Given the amount of smoke in the cabin, you would think people would realise that it was serious.

Those who insist on taking luggage with them during an emergency evacuation of this nature should look at the Manchester fire from 1985 (which was a real fire) and think again before grabbing that bag in an evacuation situation. We're told to remove high heels before using the slide - what will happen if someone's luggage pierces a slide rendering it unusable?

I know the Manchester fire didn't involve people dying due to people delaying evacuation to take their luggage, but having read up on the incident it's clear that more lives could have been saved if evacuation was carried out more quickly and if there weren't any other issues arising that impeded the evacuation...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_A ... Flight_28M
https://fearoflanding.com/accidents/acc ... -disaster/

Luggage and possessions can be replaced. People's lives can't.

RalXWB

Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:54 am

aircatalonia wrote:

Please furnish proof of your statement.

FatCat

Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:22 am

aircatalonia wrote:

and also strange odours. burnt oil, bleach, and my all times favourite, "old socks" ( i.e. http://avherald.com/h?article=4baacf22&opt=0 )
the avherald has a quite extensive documentation on accidents like this.
Aeroplane flies high
Turns left, looks right

peterinlisbon

Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:40 am

FlyRow wrote:

In the future planes won't need a black box. You can just check the passengers' Instagrams to see what happened.

upperdeckfan

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:07 am

YIMBY wrote:
When people panic they behave irrationally and do things that they would never imagine to do when calm. Therefore any punishment is of no help.
(Though it might not hurt if the evacuated luggage is systematically confiscated and given back after other passengers got their luggage from the plane, to discourage the very few that do it consciously and deliberately)

Virtual737 wrote:
[Prosecuting people... I just don't see that happening, at least with any meaningful effect. In a high stress situation (such as an evacuation of a smoke filled plane), the legal consequences of grabbing a bag are probably not anywhere near the front of your mind.

Just to remind you both that being on panic or highly stressed do not exempt you from the responsibility of your acts.

Not the best example but since smokers know they will be prosecuted if they lit a cigarrete on board you don't see that happening. I'm not a smoker myself but I guess heavy smokers can feel highly stressed on a long flight.

On a side note, it would be good to know something on the cause of the incident, spanish media is taking about an engine catching fire but from the pictures I've seen it doesn't seem clear to me. In any case, pax were quite fortunate it did happen on final approach to VLC.
DSH8, CS1,CS3

BrianDromey

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:55 am

The BA safety demonstration is very clear that people should being 'Absolutely nothing with you'...And I mean nothing For those of you who know Joanna Lumley, Gordon Ramsey and Absolutely Fabulous you might get the vaguely comedic reference.

I saw some photographs where evacuees brought backpacks with them and the overhead bins were closed (Door 2 or 3 L). If backpacks are on the floor I can see how people grabbed them as they evacuated. I wonder if the wheelie-cases were later in the evacuation and people had a chance to retrieve their wheelie bags from the overheads while in the aisle?

Lofty

Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:20 am

It is possible that some news outlets may see the APU as a engine.

I know some are saying they had to wait for the doors to open, could this be due to the crew waiting for the engines to shut down? Just imagine what happens if you blow a chute near an engine which is still running.

Virtual737

Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:28 am

upperdeckfan wrote:

Just to remind you both that being on panic or highly stressed do not exempt you from the responsibility of your acts.

Never for one moment thought it did.

upperdeckfan wrote:

Not the best example but since smokers know they will be prosecuted if they lit a cigarrete on board you don't see that happening. I'm not a smoker myself but I guess heavy smokers can feel highly stressed on a long flight.

I am a smoker. On a scale of 1 to 100 in terms of stress on a plane I'd put not being able to smoke at about 5 and an emergency evacuation with the cabin being full of smoke at about 95, so the example not only not the best, but completely the other end of the scale.

Now if one of those evacuees lit up while retrieving their bag...

LEJCargo

Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:36 am

I am a long time reader, but I decided to make an account here and rant a little bit after seeing some of the posts on Twitter regarding this incident.

I don't want to focus on people filming the evacuation and posting pictures on Twitter, thats another story. What bothers me, are the Tweets sent out after the incident blaming BA for "lack of information about the incident" 1 hour after the landing. 1 hour. I believe that after the landing and evacuation, passengers were counted multiple times to assure everyone is out safe, then fire departments had to check if there is a danger of fire/explosion with thermal camera, also medical attention was provided to people that were injured during evac (ankle sprains and some scratches are inevitable in these situations).

However some people just think that replying to their tweets from BA social media team is a priority. The plane didn't even divert, they landed in their intended destination so I don't really see what the hell do people expect.

I really feel bad for people working in customer relations with airline companies, since they have to deal with Twitter panic on a daily basis: just a few hours ago a tweet directed to easyJet received 5,000 retweets showing a passenger siting on a seat that was out of order. It turned out the picture was taken during boarding, and no one was siting there during the flight. But panic was triggered, some media picked it up already and here we are...

But I guess that is just the reality of social media and millions of people flying every day.

PlymSpotter

Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:34 pm

It would appear the aircraft taxied clear of the runway before evacuation. There are also reports of a 3-4 minute delay after landing, before the evacuation commenced.

If confirmed, this is pretty concerning. Saudia 163 comes to mind.
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

audidudi

Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:25 pm

Here's the initial report courtesy of The Aviation Herald:

http://avherald.com/h?article=4cb3a0d2&opt=0

hongkongflyer

Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:14 pm

what prevented them using L2 & L3?

Tristarsteve

Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:39 pm

It would suggest that the Nbr 1 engine was implicated, and the crew were told not to open them.
But it looks OK in the picture.

Kilopond

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:02 pm

BA seem to have quite a bit of bad luck with their 321 recently. On 26JUL G-EUXG performing as BA985 TXL-LHR had to return to her origin because of a burning engine. Bird stike has not been confirmed officially as the possible cause of the incident: http://avherald.com/h?article=4cad1e97

a36001

Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:08 am

It's all well and good to say "I'd push the person out of the way if they impede my exit while taking their crap with them" but no one can honestly say what their reaction would be in an emergency evac, not even the cabin crew or tech crew (my partner is crew and I know how well they are trained but even he says there is no way of telling), I'd like to say I am the type of person who would help the old lady at the door and onto the slides, but in reality, I could just as well push the old girl out the way and jump myself! again no one can honestly know how they would react!

The only way to settle the taking of hand luggage from the overhead bins in an emergency is to eliminate overhead bins all together and everything gets checked and we all suck it up and move on! If its to big for under the seat in front of you, its checked! This would be cabin crews dream scenario. I can imagine Pam Ann enforcing this rule!

Sadly I don't see that happening!

speedbird52

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:43 am

Virtual737 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
upperdeckfan wrote:

I think this is one of those situations where we cannot be too high and mighty because we wont know what we would do ourselves until we were in that exact situation. Its a bit like trying to answer what you would do if you were mugged.

Absolutely it has the potential to delay an evacuation and absolutely I would like to think I would do the right thing and just get out ASAP - I just don't know 100% that I would.

Its been discussed many times before and some say that locking the overhead bins would solve it, but this might just as easily cause more delay as people try to break them open.

Prosecuting people... I just don't see that happening, at least with any meaningful effect. In a high stress situation (such as an evacuation of a smoke filled plane), the legal consequences of grabbing a bag are probably not anywhere near the front of your mind.

Not to take away from the fact that taking your carry on bags will almost certainly delay the evacuation and that even 1 second of delay has the possibility of meaning life or death, but those that did leave their bags on board should get them back at the FIRST available opportunity. It should be one of the very first things that happens when it is safe to do so. I have no idea how long it took for the people in this incident, that did the right thing, to get their bags back, but I could quite easily believe that it was several hours.

Are you kidding me? Imagine if we said this about other incidents. "Driver veers into pedestrians because they were going to hit the car in front of them".

"I think this is one of those situations where we cannot be too high and mighty because we wont know what we would do ourselves until we were in that exact situation. Its a bit like trying to answer what you would do if you were mugged."

speedbird52

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:45 am

Taking your hand luggage is not an impulse reflex in a stressful situation: It is a carefully calculated and deliberately executed decision you contumaciously make. There is no way someone can "accidentally" take their hand luggage out.

HugoJunkers

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:59 am

eagles94 wrote:
https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/05/british-airways-flight-makes-emergency-landing-spain-smoke-fills-cabin-10523587/
Smoke in the cabin.

Interesting, "the oxygen masks did not deploy". Would oxygen masks ever be lowered to abate the risks of smoke inhalation for passengers? As someone who has suffered it from the vaporised plastic from an HV electrical flashover I can tell you it is extremely debilitating, a matter of seconds in severe cases. In my case I re-entered an area to check for colleagues and extinguish a fire. I think I was in there 20 seconds and could have lasted 40 seconds more. As far as passengers wanting water during and evacuation goes, I suspect that advances in aviation have reached a point where even lower IQ folk can afford to fly.

Etheereal

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:52 am

upperdeckfan wrote:

Hold on, are they talking about BA not releasing any info or passengers werent told anything by the FAs?
Last edited by Etheereal on Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
JetBuddy wrote:
"737 slides off the runway" is the new "Florida man"..

:lol:

Virtual737

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:52 am

speedbird52 wrote:
Are you kidding me? Imagine if we said this about other incidents. "Driver veers into pedestrians because they were going to hit the car in front of them".

I believe I'm totally missing your point. Are you comparing a driver that was already at fault for not paying attention and their actions thereafter to a passenger on a plane that is filled with smoke?

juliuswong

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:30 am

Hi all,

Kindly provide evidence/ proof when you are making a claim/ presumption/ view/ opinion, as per forum rule. Without such, we will delete your post.

Also, kindly observe common courtesy.

Thank you.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -

Viper911

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:46 am

HugoJunkers wrote:
eagles94 wrote:
https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/05/british-airways-flight-makes-emergency-landing-spain-smoke-fills-cabin-10523587/
Smoke in the cabin.

Interesting, "the oxygen masks did not deploy". Would oxygen masks ever be lowered to abate the risks of smoke inhalation for passengers? As someone who has suffered it from the vaporised plastic from an HV electrical flashover I can tell you it is extremely debilitating, a matter of seconds in severe cases. In my case I re-entered an area to check for colleagues and extinguish a fire. I think I was in there 20 seconds and could have lasted 40 seconds more. As far as passengers wanting water during and evacuation goes, I suspect that advances in aviation have reached a point where even lower IQ folk can afford to fly.

Oxygen masks in passenger cabin are not lowered in smoke situations as they not "smoke proof". Passengers will still inhale smoke with or without them, on the other hand, those smoke masks are feeding pure oxygen into the cabin which might have a potential fire going inside it...

Viper911

Armadillo1

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:59 am

about common fume issue - this is drop/leak oil through seals , burned and can get to bleed air.

i surprised about design allowed this, and more surprised about no sensors for this. Pilots must take canary on flight.

BaconButty

Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:46 am

Virtual737 wrote:
I think this is one of those situations where we cannot be too high and mighty because we wont know what we would do ourselves until we were in that exact situation.

I'm going to brave the wrath of a.net and agree with you. I know, of course, not to do this. I know to keep my passport and wallet handy, and to wear long trousers for the slides. I remember the Manchester fire well. But I also imagine standing up, the aisle chokka, the FA Stood by the doors waiting to open and deploy the slides. Say I've got a sense the evacuation is precautionary. And peering over at the locker inches from my head knowing it contains a bag which will be the difference between a miserable next few days or a tolerable one. It would be tempting.

Regardless, I think at this point it's been well established that this is what passenger behaviour will be, for better or worse. And nothing we can do will realistically alter that behaviour. And rather than getting upset about it, accept it and work with it. The industry needs to base evacuation tests and luggage policy around that behaviour. But we won't because we want the convenience of avoiding the baggage carousel. So I guess what's left? Live with the risk. How many fatalities have been demonstrably caused by that behaviour? I don't know. SU1492 is a possibility, but it seems that initial reports were off, and those at the back had no chance anyway. But in incidents like EK521, AF358 and OZ214 we didn't see any - though passenger behaviour might have been modified (in the latter two) by a sense of imminent danger. Personally I'd rather save my concern for the risks that really do kill people. We're at a point where poor aircraft design and a lack of regulatory oversight has recently sent 300 odd people to an early grave.
Down with that sort of thing!

aircatalonia

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:23 pm

juliuswong wrote:
Kindly provide evidence/ proof when you are making a claim/ presumption/ view/ opinion, as per forum rule. Without such, we will delete your post.

Just yesterday. The exact same thing again.

Lufthansa A321 near Nice on Aug 7th 2019, smoke on board

http://avherald.com/h?article=4cb4d1b5&opt=0

speedbird52

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:00 pm

Virtual737 wrote:
speedbird52 wrote:

I believe I'm totally missing your point. Are you comparing a driver that was already at fault for not paying attention and their actions thereafter to a passenger on a plane that is filled with smoke?

Yes.

upperdeckfan

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:34 pm

aircatalonia wrote:
juliuswong wrote:

Just yesterday. The exact same thing again.

Lufthansa A321 near Nice on Aug 7th 2019, smoke on board

http://avherald.com/h?article=4cb4d1b5&opt=0

IMO same incident in the same a/c type twice in less than a week suggest a trend........a disturbing one
DSH8, CS1,CS3

Aisak

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:49 pm

Viper911 wrote:
HugoJunkers wrote:
eagles94 wrote:
Smoke in the cabin.

Oxygen masks in passenger cabin are not lowered in smoke situations as they not "smoke proof". Passengers will still inhale smoke with or without them, on the other hand, those smoke masks are feeding pure oxygen into the cabin which might have a potential fire going inside it...

Viper911

Yes. The safety demo nobody pays attention to says it crearlo. In the event of cabin decompression.... If they were meant to be used in case of fire/smoke, they would have to be designed that way and safety regulations would say so.

It reminded me some time ago some dude complaining on Twitter, and of course later upgraded to mass media TV, that masks were not working properly upon being deployed in a decompression event. The clever passenger took a selfie noting that the plastic bag on the mask was not inflated, and thus there was not oxygen flowing. Of course, I agree oxygen was not flowing correctly to his brain, but I think it was not related to the cabin depressurization...

richierich

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:17 pm

BaconButty wrote:
Virtual737 wrote:
I think this is one of those situations where we cannot be too high and mighty because we wont know what we would do ourselves until we were in that exact situation.

I'm going to brave the wrath of a.net and agree with you. I know, of course, not to do this. I know to keep my passport and wallet handy, and to wear long trousers for the slides. I remember the Manchester fire well. But I also imagine standing up, the aisle chokka, the FA Stood by the doors waiting to open and deploy the slides. Say I've got a sense the evacuation is precautionary. And peering over at the locker inches from my head knowing it contains a bag which will be the difference between a miserable next few days or a tolerable one. It would be tempting.

Regardless, I think at this point it's been well established that this is what passenger behaviour will be, for better or worse. And nothing we can do will realistically alter that behaviour. And rather than getting upset about it, accept it and work with it. The industry needs to base evacuation tests and luggage policy around that behaviour. But we won't because we want the convenience of avoiding the baggage carousel. So I guess what's left? Live with the risk. How many fatalities have been demonstrably caused by that behaviour? I don't know. SU1492 is a possibility, but it seems that initial reports were off, and those at the back had no chance anyway. But in incidents like EK521, AF358 and OZ214 we didn't see any - though passenger behaviour might have been modified (in the latter two) by a sense of imminent danger. Personally I'd rather save my concern for the risks that really do kill people. We're at a point where poor aircraft design and a lack of regulatory oversight has recently sent 300 odd people to an early grave.

That's a pretty spot-on assessment, from my point of view. I agree with this completely. It's very easy to say 'leave the bag in the bin during an emergency' but I am sure there are a lot of us who would be thinking about grabbing our bag from the overhead in such a scenario if it were easily accessible and not terribly bulky. I have also travelled with my pet dog under the seat in front of me...I can tell you I would be grabbing his bag and taking him with me in an emergency, policy or not.

Love the Sid James photo, BaconButty. Carry On indeed.
None shall pass!!!!

cpd

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:48 pm

n729pa wrote:
FlyRow wrote:

Yes on the BBC page

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49243757

https://mobile.twitter.com/lucyaabrown? ... k-49243757

A terrifying experience but you've got time to stop to take pictures of the evacuation on board? Good job you weren't in front of me because I would have given you an almighty push to get you moving and everyone
off .... I hope you're happy now you have your 15 mins of fame.... next time if you want to film it stay in your seat and let everyone else get off first!

Some people honestly...social media has a lot to answer for sometimes and mainstream media don't help pampering to the sensationalism....

In 17 days time it is the anniversary of the Manchester air disaster, there people couldn't get off the plane quick enough and 55 perished, 34 years later we get our phones out and overhead luggage, then run to the media for attention.

Let's hope that we are not discussing this kind of thing on here one day after a loss of life due to a few selfish individuals.

And your pushing someone (and maybe knocking them over) is going to create a danger to the people behind you. So you are no better than the person with the phone. Everyone has to stay calm in those situations.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos