LAXintl
Topic Author

AA gets naming rights to new Los Angeles NFL stadium plaza

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:18 pm

That's a lot of money, and its not even naming rights for the actual stadium !

American Air to Spend $90 Million on L.A. Stadium Sponsorship
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ponsorship

=

American Airlines will pay $90 million over 10 years to sponsor the new home of the NFL’s Rams and Chargers, becoming the first official partner for the new Los Angeles Stadium.

American Airlines agreed to sponsor the 2.5-acre entertainment space that serves as main entrance to the $5 billion Inglewood, California, stadium, according to a person with knowledge of the matter.

American Airlines Plaza stands 10 stories high and has a capacity of about 15,000. It will be open to the public year-round, along with event days. The stadium is scheduled to open next year and host the 2022 Super Bowl. Neither the Rams, which Kroenke also owns, nor American would confirm financial terms of the deal.

=

From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

PSAatSAN4Ever

Re: AA gets naming rights to new Los Angeles NFL stadium plaza

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:11 pm

I wonder if the Spanos family (owners of the former-San-Diego-now-L.A. Chargers) have made a list of demands for tribute from AA for the naming rights...

That was total sarcasm, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Back to the topic: good for American Airlines. Other airlines have done the same, it's their turn now.

TVNWZ

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:19 pm

Spanos is just a tenant. Kronks owns the stadium.

catiii

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:32 pm

PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
I wonder if the Spanos family (owners of the former-San-Diego-now-L.A. Chargers) have made a list of demands for tribute from AA for the naming rights...

Back to the topic: good for American Airlines. Other airlines have done the same, it's their turn now.

Stan Kroenke owns the stadium.

azncsa4qf744er

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:54 pm

Wow. Where's Delta in this? UA have the United Airlines Field at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and now AA with this. I wonder if DL will join the bang wagon?

Web500sjc

Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:03 pm

azncsa4qf744er wrote:
Wow. Where's Delta in this? UA have the United Airlines Field at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and now AA with this. I wonder if DL will join the bang wagon?

It seams AA has the naming rights to the stadium’s entry plaza, not the stadium or field itself. 90 mil is a lot to pay when your name won’t even be mentioned in a broadcast.
Boiler Up!

TheFlyingDisk

Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:08 pm

Not related to the sponsorship deal, but I just have to ask, how does two NFL teams share one stadium?

It's like Arsenal & Chelsea sharing Emirates Stadium - kinda weird.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

toltommy

Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:21 pm

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
Not related to the sponsorship deal, but I just have to ask, how does two NFL teams share one stadium?

The New York Jets and New York Giants share MetLife Stadium. So it's been done.
A300/A310/A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/707/712/727/732/733/734/735/738/739/752/753/762/763/764/772/789/DC8/DC9-10/30/40/50/MD81/83/87/88/90/L1011-/250/500/CRJ200/440/700/900/EMB135/140/145/170/175/190/328Jet/F70/SF3/BE1/J31

PhilMcCrackin

Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:43 pm

TheFlyingDisk wrote:

Each team has their own facilities within the stadium and their own practice facilities at different locations. They alternate home games during the season or they play on different days within the same week. Interior signage within the stadium can quickly be changed for each team.

AtomicGarden

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:17 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:

Milan and Inter share the Giuseppe Meazza. So do Lazio and Roma. Flamengo and Fluminense in Brazil too. It's not uncommon.
You killed a black astronaut, Cyril! That's like killing a unicorn!

WayexTDI

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:49 am

azncsa4qf744er wrote:

The question is, is it really worth it? That's a lot of money for a limited exposure; money that might be better spent on global advertising or better hard product, which might yield a better return on investment.

ldvaviation

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:05 am

The more interesting part of the announcement are the images of the new T4/T5 at LAX.

Awhile back, AA released a video with the design, but pulled it.

In the video promoting the new sponsorship, the design remains the same. Hopefully, AA follows through.

https://www.therams.com/video/american- ... ywood-park

thekorean

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:07 am

Wonder money wise, how this deal compares to what Allegiant paid to sponsor the entire stadium?

DarthLobster

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:17 am

Wonder if all the bathroom stalls will be too narrow to fit in at Drunk Dougie Stadium.

PSAatSAN4Ever

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:29 am

catiii wrote:
PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:

Fortunately, yes. And he owns the Rams, the premiere team of the two. Kroenke and AA will be great business partners, with the Spanos organization in the shadows. The limelight, the glory, and the huge fan base Spanos believes he has merely by being in L.A. simply will not shine on the team no one really cares about and certainly only hires talent reluctantly.

But the Rams are big in L.A., and AA with the plethora of venues for multiple sports, getting your name on a new football stadium is always a good thing. The greedy capitalist pig in me loves hearing about successful business deals that will benefit both sides.

catiii

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:43 am

PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
catiii wrote:
PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:

Fortunately, yes. And he owns the Rams, the premiere team of the two. Kroenke and AA will be great business partners, with the Spanos organization in the shadows. The limelight, the glory, and the huge fan base Spanos believes he has merely by being in L.A. simply will not shine on the team no one really cares about and certainly only hires talent reluctantly.

But the Rams are big in L.A., and AA with the plethora of venues for multiple sports, getting your name on a new football stadium is always a good thing. The greedy capitalist pig in me loves hearing about successful business deals that will benefit both sides.

The Chargers will always be the west coast version of the Jets at the Meadowlands.

TheFlyingDisk

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:49 am

AtomicGarden wrote:
TheFlyingDisk wrote:

Milan and Inter share the Giuseppe Meazza. So do Lazio and Roma. Flamengo and Fluminense in Brazil too. It's not uncommon.

I totally forgot about Milan.

Anyways, it's quite funny how Stan Kroenke got AA to pay the naming rights to his US stadium & EK the naming rights to his UK stadium, what with the US3 vs the ME3 thing still on going.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

Sightseer

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:56 am

WayexTDI wrote:
azncsa4qf744er wrote:

The question is, is it really worth it? That's a lot of money for a limited exposure; money that might be better spent on global advertising or better hard product, which might yield a better return on investment.

I believe DL has been a sponsor of some sort at the Staples Center for several years now, though to my knowledge they don't have any naming rights.

WayexTDI

Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:23 am

Sightseer wrote:
WayexTDI wrote:
azncsa4qf744er wrote:

I believe DL has been a sponsor of some sort at the Staples Center for several years now, though to my knowledge they don't have any naming rights.

It seems Delta Air Lines held the naming rights to the main indoor arena in Salt Lake City from 1991 to 2006.
Still, question remains: is it really worth it? It appears DL doesn't think so as no sports venue currently holds the Delta Air Lines name.

gpasternak

Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:14 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
AtomicGarden wrote:
TheFlyingDisk wrote:

I totally forgot about Milan.

Anyways, it's quite funny how Stan Kroenke got AA to pay the naming rights to his US stadium & EK the naming rights to his UK stadium, what with the US3 vs the ME3 thing still on going.

I agree it is strange but not unheard of even in LA. Clippers and Lakers have shared the Staples Center for sometime, although that's coming to an end in the next 5 or so years. Maybe United will get naming rights to their new stadium haha.
Next flights: MKY-BNE-SYD-LAX-DEN-YYC-DEN-LAS-SFO-SYD-BNE-MKY

Pudelhund

Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:23 am

I hope this isn't the "big announcement" that was mentioned in the other rumor thread.

Bonafide

Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:35 am

Delta is the official airline of:
Atlanta Braves
Minnesota Twins
Detroit Tigers
New York Yankees
New York Mets
New York Knicks
New York Rangers
Pittsburgh Pirates
Cincinnati Reds
San Diego Padres
Saint Louis Rams
Saint Louis Cardinals
Buffalo Sabres
Utah Jazz
Los Angeles Lakers
Los Angeles Kings
Seattle Sounders
Chelsea Football Club
Syracuse University Athletics
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Staples Center
Yankee Stadium
Citi Field
Madison Square Garden; as well as all of its entities

If you go to any NY sporting event every stadium has huge Delta advertisements. They, along with aeromexico are big partners with LAFC

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos