Ishrion

Re: Rumor: American to make huge announcement

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:09 pm

727LOVER wrote:
Is this going to be INTL only?
Seems to early to announce domestic routes for next summer.

Around this time last year AA announced the huge international route shakeup. This will most likely be the same.

Domestic routes that began in March/April/June were announced in October/November.

747megatop

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:11 pm

Byrdluvs747 wrote:
Lets be real here. There are only three "huge" things that AA can do at this point.

1) Fire Dougie
2) Flights to Africa
3) Flights to India

Everything else is shuffling the deck chairs.

hondah35 wrote:
"We are pleased to announce that we have managed to create a lab clone of former AA executive Scott Kirby..."

A Crandall clone would be much more effective.

Flights to India/Africa or for that matter any new market is not huge. Just a new route.

System wide all encompassing huge accross markets (as suggested) would be :

1) AA exiting OW and joining *Alliance or SkyTeam.
2) AA announces joint venture with EK (not sure why they would do that....but...something huge).
3) AA to shutdown ORD hub and spread the dehubbed hub accross LAX/DFW/JFK/PHL; reduce ORD to just a O&D focus city.

or....

4) AA announces merger/JV with Aeroflot (collusion with the Russians LoL). :D :D

Scarebus34

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:14 pm

Seems like a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment

flybry

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:21 pm

jetblueguy22 wrote:
Finally admitting defeat in JFK.

That was United ;) ..and they've come to regret it big time!

ethernal

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:28 pm

For a network planner, announcing multiple new international routes is a huge announcement. For most customers, it's not huge. So, yeah, agree that folks are going to be disappointed.

9w748capt

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:32 pm

BWIAirport wrote:
9w748capt wrote:
Miamiairport wrote:
Probably a bunch of new International routes, possibly to Africa. For most AA FFs (elite) it won't mean much. Not anything that is going to impact most flyers.

Huh? How would AA adding destinations/a continent not impact AA FFs?

I think their point was, if someone flies JFK-DFW weekly for work for example, it won't mean a thing to them if they add PHX-HND.

Ok but what about those that fly PHX-LAX-TYO on a regular basis? If we're throwing around PHX-HND then obviously there must be demand on that route, and it would be safe to assume most of them connect through LAX. So do businesspeople that fly to Tokyo in J or F regularly not count as AA FFs? Only the weekly DFW-LGA (a commuter on that route is far more likely to use LGA not JFK) flyers count as AA FFs?

9w748capt

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:38 pm

747megatop wrote:
Byrdluvs747 wrote:
Lets be real here. There are only three "huge" things that AA can do at this point.

1) Fire Dougie
2) Flights to Africa
3) Flights to India

hondah35 wrote:
"We are pleased to announce that we have managed to create a lab clone of former AA executive Scott Kirby..."

Flights to India/Africa or for that matter any new market is not huge. Just a new route.

Are you kidding me? AA restarting India or entering Africa isn't big news? Is that a joke? An airline starting service to an entirely new continent isn't a big enough deal for you? Does AA currently fly 10 routes to Africa or am I missing something? And you must not be aware that India is a huge, emerging market with a lot of demand to the US (low yielding no doubt but there is demand all the same). So how is AA (potentially) re-entering India not a pretty significant development?

x1234

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:51 pm

BA deploys the A380 on the following destinations outside of North America; DXB, JNB, HKG & SIN. AA should go after these cities. SIN is too far (payload limited from LAX). They already fly to HKG, DXB has too much ME3 competition but they should try to fly to JNB from MIA considering the DL flight sells out in J all the time.

737max8

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:53 pm

DFW-CPT with a fuel stop in Brazil on the way back?

I wish :D
The thoughts and opinions expressed in my comments do not represent that of any airline or affiliate.
Flown on: 717 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 7M8 744 744ER 752 753 762 763 772 773ER 788 789 A319/20/21 A332 A333 A343 A359 A388

747megatop

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:57 pm

9w748capt wrote:
747megatop wrote:
Byrdluvs747 wrote:

1) Fire Dougie
2) Flights to Africa
3) Flights to India

Are you kidding me? AA restarting India or entering Africa isn't big news? Is that a joke? An airline starting service to an entirely new continent isn't a big enough deal for you? Does AA currently fly 10 routes to Africa or am I missing something? And you must not be aware that India is a huge, emerging market with a lot of demand to the US (low yielding no doubt but there is demand all the same). So how is AA (potentially) re-entering India not a pretty significant development?

Calm down; nothing to get excited and worked up about. India - US non stops are nothing new; multiple carriers have done it and are doing it over the past decade. AA has done it before and if it restarts it..it is nothing new OR significant OR huge. Just another headline among many other headlines in the aviation news.
My response was specifically to this line from the original post “this announcement is going to be a big sweeping thing rounding up everything - Europe, Oceania, supposedly Japan stuff too." ....for all you know this may be 100% rumor...but if it were true then what could be so huge that is all sweeping and rounding up everything? Certainly not an announcement of restarting India non stop or for that matter announcement of ORD/JFK-Australia non stop or for that matter LAX-PER non stop.

SaabFA71

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:07 pm

They're getting A220s? A split 50/50 order of 100/300s with additional options for 100 more.
I used all of my sick days, so now I'm calling in dead.

jetsetterusa

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:07 pm

I wish it would be LAX-MNL and LAX-HKT :(
Crazy Day Tripper

apodino

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:12 pm

PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:
SESGDL wrote:
etops1 wrote:
Announcement will be made on Thursday .New international routes covering Europe ,Asia ,and Oceana..

And considering how AA's widebody fleet really isn't going to grow anytime soon, it will also likely include a number of cuts as well (although they'll either not be included with this announcement or it will be buried somewhere within the announcement so as to minimize the cuts).

Jeremy

Exactly.

Based on here:
https://americanairlines.gcs-web.com/st ... c50ba5b932

AA will retire 9 763s and take delivery of 12 789s in 2020.

Almost certainly whatever is being announced is going to have be offset by cuts and/or include OneWorld partner flying.

Here is the question though? When exactly in 2020 are the 763s being retired? If its at the end of the summer, and half of the 789s are delivered before then, you do have an increase for the summer time. So there is some room for growth here, especially if AA decides to just allow ORD-NRT to be flown on alliance metal and frees up their own metal to do other things.

As for possible speculation on future routes.

LAX-SYD may get upgraded back to a 77W. Remember this was the original plane on the route before the previous administration denied the JV. Now that the JV is back on, this might make sense.
LAX-MEL seems possible.
DFW-HND will replace one AA DFW-TYO with the other remaining at NRT.
LAX-TYO may end up going entirely LAX-HND leaving JL metal on NRT.
With WOW gone, DFW-KEF may be moved to PHL where it makes much more logical sense.
LAX-ICN seems like it has to happen at some point, this is the glaring hole in Asia from LAX right now.
I think TXL stays, but BLQ may be done. DBV seems like it may go daily.
HEL seems likely someday given the One world connections.
Could AA go back to BRU?
And of course there are some secondary Europe markets you know will be added. The question is which ones. STU, GVA, WAW, and VIE are a few that come to mind that lack AA service. Also of note is that MXP is not served from either CLT or PHL, but it is still served from JFK and MIA.
Lastly, would AA finally allow BA to operate the RDU flight, and free up metal for hub routes?

winstonavgeek

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:19 pm

Here is my opinion. Somebody in another thread said 3 new PHL Routes. My guesses are PHL-HEL, PHL-CMN/TLV, PHL-MXP. The Oceania shakeup will mostly affect LAX and DFW. I'm expecting DFW-BNE as well as LAX-BNE and/or LAX-MEL. The Japan announcement will probably be underwhelming and will probably just cover the new HND slot allocations. The only other change I see is an axe for ORD-NRT with JAL replacing the route.

jplatts

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:20 pm

AA could add DFW-HEL, PHL-HEL, DFW-KUL, ORD-DME, DFW-DME, and PHL-DME nonstop service since AA's oneworld partners AY, MH, and S7 have their main hubs at HEL, KUL, and DME.

tjcab

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:32 pm

AA. Just make the announcement when you are ready. I can't stand all this "about to make..." what's the point?

9w748capt

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:52 pm

jplatts wrote:
AA could add DFW-HEL, PHL-HEL, DFW-KUL, ORD-DME, DFW-DME, and PHL-DME nonstop service since AA's oneworld partners AY, MH, and S7 have their main hubs at HEL, KUL, and DME.

Hahahahha wow ... DFW-KUL! That's a good one. You really think they'd start KUL before SIN? LMAO

onwFan

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:52 pm

If it is indeed going to be "a big sweeping thing", I should hope for at least the following:-

1. Asia: LAX-ICN or TPE - It has been rumored for a while: https://blueswandaily.com/seoul-los-ang ... new-route/
2. Africa: At least one of MIA-JNB or PHL-CMN
3. Oceania: Two of LAX-MEL/BNE or DFW-MEL/BNE/AKL is to be expected of course given the AA/QF JV approval
4. Europe/Middle East: A few of PHL-DUS/WAW/KRK/TLV/BRU/MXP (but what a pity they cannot make FRA/MUC work!) with a few drops from JFK (yeah but where are all these JFK slots going to go?)

I wouldn't bet on it, but how about DFW/LAX-CAN, an authority that is still open (before UA jumps on it)? I would think CAN/PKX-ORD would be a CZ route. In retrospect it would make sense they were not interested in the PEK/PVG authorities.

I think AA has embraced the strategy of creating an overall positive impression by announcing all route cancellations in combination with a huge announcement of route launches.
Last edited by onwFan on Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by738

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:53 pm

GLA-PHL would be a welcome return or GLA-JFK as DL seem to have carried good loads, although like EDI none running 'full'

BN727227Ultra

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:54 pm

New paint? lololol

adamblang

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:05 pm

I'll confess I quickly skimmed –

Are we still guessing or has something actually been announced?
146 319 320 321 332 333 343 717 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 763 764 772 773 789 AR1 AT4 CNA CR2 CR7 DC9 ER3 ERD ER4 E70 E75 E90

YoungDon

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:08 pm

adamblang wrote:

Still guessing, nothing yet.

DolphinAir747

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:11 pm

adamblang wrote:

Knowing this website, would you actually expect anything but 200 replies of pure speculation before anything substantive is actually announced? :lol: :lol: :lol:

A few posts said the announcement would come tomorrow (Thursday).

jplatts

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:14 pm

9w748capt wrote:
Hahahahha wow ... DFW-KUL! That's a good one. You really think they'd start KUL before SIN? LMAO

MH is currently the only airline in Southeast Asia that is in the oneworld alliance, whereas SQ and TH in Southeast Asia are in the Star Alliance. SkyTeam also has GA and VN in Southeast Asia.

While I agree that AA adding DFW-SIN or LAX-SIN are possibilities if there is enough demand, KUL is the only major oneworld alliance hub in Southeast Asia. AA would have MH's FF base in Malaysia in addition to its FF base in the U.S. to support nonstop service to KUL if AA adds nonstop service to KUL from one of its U.S. hubs.

usairways85

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:18 pm

Why does HEL keep coming up. I don’t think AA has made any hint that they want to serve HEL for whatever connection opportunities AY can provide.

DolphinAir747

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:24 pm

jplatts wrote:
9w748capt wrote:

MH is currently the only airline in Southeast Asia that is in the oneworld alliance, whereas SQ and TH in Southeast Asia are in the Star Alliance. SkyTeam also has GA and VN in Southeast Asia.

While I agree that AA adding DFW-SIN or LAX-SIN are possibilities if there is enough demand, KUL is the only major oneworld alliance hub in Southeast Asia. AA would have MH's FF base in Malaysia in addition to its FF base in the U.S. to support nonstop service to KUL if AA adds nonstop service to KUL from one of its U.S. hubs.

The problem with KUL is it's very far (DFW-KUL would be the world's longest flight), low-yielding (not much premium.business traffic like what SIN has), and not a major market from the US. AA isn't particularly close to MH, and MH's connection opportunities in KUL add nearly nothing that can't be flown over HKG with CX.

Delta28L

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:25 pm

Africa finally starting to connect with Royal Marco that’s going to be joining OW in the next year?

777Mech

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:26 pm

Miami wrote:
x1234 wrote:
zakuivcustom, there is NO market for MIA-NRT/HND

That is false but whatever you say.

I bet there's a market. What airline flies MIA-TYO?

RemoFlyer

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:27 pm

The SM post put out yesterday offers some good (albeit a little bit twisted) clues for each of the new routes, with some geographical knowledge necessary:
Water falling in a basin, waterfall reminds you of Victoria falls, a little twist would get you to waterfalls in Victoria (which there are plenty near MEL) so MEL it is (from LAX I would guess).
Inflatable toy is maybe a beach toy or a boat, together with the sunscreen later I would guess two(since there are 2 clues) of the three Nice Malaga or Istanbul.
The marionette is eastern european, together with the vodka and ice drink, as well as the clear liquor bottle (eastern european and nordic) I would guess (3 clues so three routes) - PRG(from Chicago), KRK (from Chicago probably) and HEL from DFW. All of these have been mentioned in some presentation or the other as well as in rumors on various sites.
The mortar and pestle could be anywhere - Mexico, Thailand, India or Africa, I am guessing spice markets and Casablanca (from PHL)
The pepper grinder is of course signifying pepper, the plant that changed civilizations and launched numerous empires, native to southern and western India. Again based on geography and comments at AA presentations etc. I would guess BLR(given the proclivity of AA to go to places where it doesnt have to compete, and also BLR being under served currently since the demise of 9W).

We will see if my detective work pans out!

DLHAM

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:29 pm

usairways85 wrote:
Why does HEL keep coming up. I don’t think AA has made any hint that they want to serve HEL for whatever connection opportunities AY can provide.

I think theres a reason why HEL has very little US connections: local market not that huge, not the biggest leisure destination. Its a Oneworld Hub but located too far off northeast for western/middle europe to US connections. Russia / Eastern Europe - HEL - US works but should be covered pretty well by existing AY flights, where AA surely has codeshares on. So they already serve USA-HEL nonstop indirecty. So no need to send their own metal there, to make competition to their "own" flights in a limited market.

But I could bei completely wrong of course!
Last edited by DLHAM on Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Instagram Account: Instagram

9w748capt

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:29 pm

DolphinAir747 wrote:
jplatts wrote:
9w748capt wrote:

The problem with KUL is it's very far (DFW-KUL would be the world's longest flight), low-yielding (not much premium.business traffic like what SIN has), and not a major market from the US. AA isn't particularly close to MH, and MH's connection opportunities in KUL add nearly nothing that can't be flown over HKG with CX.

This. DFW-KUL would be about as logical an add as PHL-OVB. After all S7 has a large hub in Novosibirsk!

9w748capt

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:31 pm

RemoFlyer wrote:
The SM post put out yesterday offers some good (albeit a little bit twisted) clues for each of the new routes, with some geographical knowledge necessary:
Water falling in a basin, waterfall reminds you of Victoria falls, a little twist would get you to waterfalls in Victoria (which there are plenty near MEL) so MEL it is (from LAX I would guess).
Inflatable toy is maybe a beach toy or a boat, together with the sunscreen later I would guess two(since there are 2 clues) of the three Nice Malaga or Istanbul.
The marionette is eastern european, together with the vodka and ice drink, as well as the clear liquor bottle (eastern european and nordic) I would guess (3 clues so three routes) - PRG(from Chicago), KRK (from Chicago probably) and HEL from DFW. All of these have been mentioned in some presentation or the other as well as in rumors on various sites.
The mortar and pestle could be anywhere - Mexico, Thailand, India or Africa, I am guessing spice markets and Casablanca (from PHL)
The pepper grinder is of course signifying pepper, the plant that changed civilizations and launched numerous empires, native to southern and western India. Again based on geography and comments at AA presentations etc. I would guess BLR(given the proclivity of AA to go to places where it doesnt have to compete, and also BLR being under served currently since the demise of 9W).

We will see if my detective work pans out!

Agree with most of what you're saying, but it's hard to see AA starting BLR before BOM or DEL. Frankly I'm just as shocked that AA is actually considering India, especially without an Indian partner.

usflyer msp

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:32 pm

I don't get the obsession with HEL some people have. HEL is a useless hub for a NA carrier - you are are overflying all of Europe except for the former Soviet states and if AA wanted to have connectivity there they could just relaunch DME . I am very doubtful about HEL.

lhrnue

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:33 pm

Merger with Airbus. New company name American Airbus.

mfe777

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:36 pm

My crazy mind thinking of ways to interpret some these clues:

Water filling box- Fill "PHL," sink "Helsinki?"
Mortar, Mix, Pestle- MXP?
Stirring or mixing ice- something with Iceland?

usflyer msp

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:37 pm

DolphinAir747 wrote:
jplatts wrote:
9w748capt wrote:

KUL is such a low yield market that CX does not even fly there (KA does). AA is not coming.

sagechan

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:41 pm

usairways85 wrote:

HEL seems to be a 321XLR route to me. I dont get DFW, but PHL to HEL would open up pretty good connections to SE Asia from east coast. AY being a JV partner allows full integration as well. No idea on the all import $ part of that though.
717, 733, 734, 738, 744, 752, 763, 772, 77W, 789, A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A359, MD88, CRJ, CR7, CR9, DH1, DH2, DH3, S340, ER4, E170, E175, E190/CO, NW, US, AC, NH, AA, UA, DL, WN, WS, SK, VY, LA, QF, AR, AV, MH, KA

Byrdluvs747

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:43 pm

747megatop wrote:
Byrdluvs747 wrote:

1) Fire Dougie
2) Flights to Africa
3) Flights to India

Africa/India may not be huge for BA or EK, but if we keep the discussion strictly related to AA, it is huge. Africa would be a first, and India gives AA a south Asia presence again.

747megatop wrote:
System wide all encompassing huge accross markets (as suggested) would be :

1) AA exiting OW and joining *Alliance or SkyTeam.
2) AA announces joint venture with EK (not sure why they would do that....but...something huge).
3) AA to shutdown ORD hub and spread the dehubbed hub accross LAX/DFW/JFK/PHL; reduce ORD to just a O&D focus city.

or....

4) AA announces merger/JV with Aeroflot (collusion with the Russians LoL). :D :D

Sure, we could also add

- AA sells all widebodies and becomes a purely domestic airline
- AA buys used MH/SQ/EK A380s to fly JFK-LAX
- AA announces PHX-DME

However, I prefer to stick with realistic possibilities, and Africa/India would be huge in regards to AA's network.
The 747: The hands who designed it were guided by god.

jplatts

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:44 pm

9w748capt wrote:
DolphinAir747 wrote:

This. DFW-KUL would be about as logical an add as PHL-OVB. After all S7 has a large hub in Novosibirsk!

I understand that AA adding DFW-KUL nonstop service will probably not happen with KUL being so far from DFW and low-yielding. I also agree that AA can already offer 1-stop connecting service to KUL and other major Southeast Asia destinations from its DFW, LAX, and ORD hubs through HKG or TYO.

I also agree that AA is unlikely to ever serve OVB nonstop from any of the U.S. hubs, even though OVB is one of two major hubs for S7 along with DME.
Last edited by jplatts on Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

qf789

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:44 pm

AA to offer more premium economy seats then any other US carrier

http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/20 ... oom_Alerts
Forum Moderator

jbs2886

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:45 pm

qf789 wrote:
AA to offer more premium economy seats then any other US carrier

http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/20 ... oom_Alerts

Posted above, but I don't think this is the announcement, which is route related apparently.

mfe777

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:48 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
I don't get the obsession with HEL some people have. HEL is a useless hub for a NA carrier - you are are overflying all of Europe except for the former Soviet states and if AA wanted to have connectivity there they could just relaunch DME . I am very doubtful about HEL.

HEL is a Oneworld hub, isn't slot constrained and expensive like LHR, has good connections to Russia/Eastern Europe, and also could help efficiently connect the Northeast US to Finnair's decent sized East and Southeast Asian network.

For example, PHL-HEL-BKK is much shorter and more efficient than a PHL-ORD-NRT-BKK routing.

Even from DFW, DFW-HEL-DEL is about 500nm less than DFW-LHR-DEL. DFW-DEL via HEL is also about 1000nm less than DFW-DXB-DEL on Emirates, which would be their competition on the route.

HEL isn't going to supplant LHR or MAD as a main Oneworld connecting point from the US but it certainly could have some use.

zakuivcustom

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:49 pm

jplatts wrote:
9w748capt wrote:

The only problem with DFW-KUL is that, well, AA doesn't have a plane that can fly that. It's even longer than EWR-SIN.

Side note - it doesn't matter that MH is the sole OW carrier in SE Asia. CX/KA is right there to capture pretty much all Malaysia-US traffic, as does JL. Plus Malaysia is simply not a high yielding destination.

777Mech wrote:
Miami wrote:
x1234 wrote:
zakuivcustom, there is NO market for MIA-NRT/HND

That is false but whatever you say.

I bet there's a market. What airline flies MIA-TYO?

And my original post was semi-trolling...

As I've always said about MIA-TYO - the demand is not zero, but there's a reason why nobody bothers with it - there's just not enough demand.

usflyer msp wrote:

Agree - there's a reason why AY themselves barely fly to US (21 weekly flights to 4 destinations) - demand is limited to O&D to Finland, maybe Russia, but not much else.
Free Hong Kong! Free China!

N292UX

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:50 pm

If the rumors about 3 PHL routes are accurate, then I'd say for sure one will be PHL-MXP. I'll say another one will be PHL-BRU. As for the 3rd route... I really don't know. Could be CMN. Could be TLV. If it's another European route, it could be anything. Places like BLQ weren't expected at all in AA's previous PHL announcement, so it wouldn't shock me if they throw a wild card at us. Surprised no one has mentioned GVA either. That seems like a possibility.

braniff2hav

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:54 pm

How on earth does AA see that Krakow would work for them, when they cannot make a very popular region of Italy (the #1 or #2 most visited country in Europe) work with BLQ. The problem is AA does not market their destinations with a passion of any sort. They load flights and think they will take off just by showing up on a screen. They have no true committment to these markets, hence they come and go. A market such as BLQ is ripe for the picking - on a seasonal basis. Turkey would be a great market as well in my eyes.

YoungDon

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:56 pm

sagechan wrote:
usairways85 wrote:

HEL seems to be a 321XLR route to me. I dont get DFW, but PHL to HEL would open up pretty good connections to SE Asia from east coast. AY being a JV partner allows full integration as well. No idea on the all import $ part of that though.

I agree, the only way this makes sense is from PHL and even from there I can't see it being high volume. I don't see how it makes any sense whatsoever from DFW.

hoons90

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:56 pm

onwFan wrote:

1. Asia: LAX-ICN or TPE - It has been rumored for a while: https://blueswandaily.com/seoul-los-ang ... new-route/

I doubt that AA will be able to get more slots at ICN. LX was turned down for slots at ICN for next year.

http://www.slotkorea.kr/site_kaso/common/ICN.png
The biggest mistake made by most human beings: Listening to only half, understanding just a quarter and telling double.

jcc747

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:58 pm

Really hoping there’s legs to DFW-AKL... I mean it’s not that much further than IAH-AKL on Air NZ

Also wish we had PHL-YYT... maybe someone smarter than me can explain why YHZ and not YYT?

airlineworker

Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:08 pm

Max Q wrote:
Ditch their ridiculous ‘livery’ and go back
to their epic polished aluminum

I agree, the present livery looks like a second grade art class scribble. The AA on the tail was a classic and could be spotted in a crowd.I heard years back that airbus aircraft are not able to be polished as they use a different type of aluminum. Just what I heard.

hibtastic

Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:30 pm

by738 wrote:
GLA-PHL would be a welcome return or GLA-JFK as DL seem to have carried good loads, although like EDI none running 'full'

I think they will probably move to a larger aircraft at EDI first before reinstating GLA. AA from JFK seems to Europe seems to be on the way out anyway.

EDI TATL routes looked pretty full to me in June at least:

JFK - 95%
ORD - 92%
EWR - 92%
IAD - 86%
BOS - 90%
PHL - 88%

Of course the only one that is AA there is PHL and it’s performing well for one of its first few months of operation.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos