alecdplotkin

Re: Updated: American Airlines Increases International Presence, Makes First Entrance Into Africa

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:04 pm

FORT WORTH, Texas — American Airlines has the cure for the end-of-summer blues: new routes for next summer. Today, American unveiled its summer 2020 international schedule, which includes the following new service:

Philadelphia (PHL) to Casablanca, Morocco (CMN) begins June 4
Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) to Tel Aviv, Israel (TLV) begins Sept. 9
Chicago (ORD) to Krakow, Poland (KRK) begins May 7
ORD to Budapest, Hungary (BUD) begins May 7
ORD to Prague, Czech Republic (PRG) begins May 8

musman9853

Re: Rumor: American to make huge announcement

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:06 pm

airlineworker wrote:
braniff2hav wrote:
airlineworker wrote:

I agree, the present livery looks like a second grade art class scribble. The AA on the tail was a classic and could be spotted in a crowd.I heard years back that airbus aircraft are not able to be polished as they use a different type of aluminum. Just what I heard.

That livery is hideous, like a screaming child flying down the runway. They could class it up a great deal.

Believe it or not, the company let the employees vote on the new livery and it won. No accounting for taste.

I mean, I think it's the best livery on any commerical airline. Different strokes for different folks
Welcome to the City Beautiful.

jayunited

Re: Updated: American Airlines Increases International Presence, Makes First Entrance Into Africa

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:10 pm

ORD Boy 2 wrote:
I think DFW-TLV makes United respond. They may have ignored LY's ORD-TLV but they can't ignore AA. Expect a counter announcement from ORD (more likely) or IAH.

I don't think UA needs to respond to DFW-TLV, UA already fly 2x daily EWR-TLV, 1x daily SFO-TLV, and for now 3x weekly IAD-TLV. IAD-TLV may increase to daily by next summer or fall. There are rumors UA is looking to connect another U.S. hub to TLV, my personal opinion is ORD is probably at the top of the list followed closely by LAX. I don't see UA launching IAH-TLV any time soon.

QuawerAir

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:11 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:
A bit disappointed to see the announcement being this narrow as I expected to see several new routes. However, I'm glad they'll fly to Casablanca.

Wait, what? Five all-new routes for them on three different continents, and you're "disappointed" in some blah blah about "narrow?"

I was looking forward to this announcenent as I thought it would include more than one new route from both PHL and DFW. I'm also a bit disappointed since I wanted to see AA return to my home town, Helsinki and so far it hasn't happened. That's all... Of course, an arrival to a completely new continent and returning to the Middle East is a big thing.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.

lesfalls

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:15 pm

Seems to be big demand from the West Coast/Midwest for flighta to TLV but I question how they are going to reach out to the demand from MEX and EZE if they citizens from both countries need a visa to enter the country and re-checkin:

"All the service to Tel Aviv is clustered in the big coastal cities on the East and West Coasts," said Raja. "We have domestic demand from cities like Oklahoma City and Austin, and from international cities like Mexico City and Buenos Aires, where there's a lot of demand to Tel Aviv but there are really bad connections."-Vasu Raja

https://www.businessinsider.com/america ... 019-8?IR=T

MIflyer12 wrote:
There was the long thread on low/asymmetrical load factors to BLQ. When Delta couldn't make JFK-PSA work in partnership with Alitalia I never saw hope for PHL-BLQ.

ORD-KRK is interesting. I will surely test the Polish-origin market out of Chicago. NW's vaunted MSP-OSL didn't last long.

Why did DL operate the route for many years then? Surely DL's planning department wouldn't keep an unprofitable route around for the amount of time they flew JFK-PSA.

ORD-KRK surely will be aimed at american tourists as still many poles in the Chicago area are loyal to LO when it comes to speaking polish over english (no offense intended but is the case for all ethnic groups travelling back to the motherland).

Anyone know how big the Hungarian population in Chicago is though as it seems that LO has had little success in ORD and is positioning the aircraft to operate far greater flights to ICN instead (5x weekly) from BUD.
Last edited by lesfalls on Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lufthansa: Einfach ein bisschen mehr.

jetsetterusa

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:20 pm

Its kinda sucks to see DFW-TLV to only have 3 times a week.... I am surprised its not daily!
Crazy Day Tripper

lesfalls

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:20 pm

JAMBOJET wrote:
I'm sure this could easily change when United makes new ORD announcements but, for now, the difference in European seasonality and destinations total between AA and UA at ORD is astounding:

AA: Year-Round:
1. London

Seasonal:
2. Athens
3. Barcelona
4. Budapest
5. Dublin
6. Krakow
7. Paris
8. Prague
9. Rome
10. Venice

United Year-Round:
1. Amsterdam
2. Brussels
3. Frankfurt
4. London
5. Munich
6. Paris

Seasonal:
7. Dublin
8. Edinburgh
9. Rome

More dots at AA now, barely, but enormously more presence and volume by UA.

Now just have to wait for MAD year-around to come online and Southern Europe will be covered perfectly all year-around.

jayunited

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:34 pm

JAMBOJET wrote:
I'm sure this could easily change when United makes new ORD announcements but, for now, the difference in European seasonality and destinations total between AA and UA at ORD is astounding:

1. London

Seasonal:
2. Athens
3. Barcelona
4. Budapest
5. Dublin
6. Krakow
7. Paris
8. Prague
9. Rome
10. Venice

United Year-Round:
1. Amsterdam
2. Brussels
3. Frankfurt
4. London
5. Munich
6. Paris

Seasonal:
7. Dublin
8. Edinburgh
9. Rome

For UA to respond at ORD would require another re-banking of the entire afternoon and evening schedule. Currently at T1 no 787s can be parked on the odd side of the C concourse their wing span is to large and the do the length of the 788/9 they would stick out into the alley way preventing simultaneous taxi from taking place between the B and C concourse the C-side taxi line would need to be closed if a 788/9 were parked on the C-odd side.
UA can park 788/9s at C10, C16, C18, C20, B16, B17 with no issues but those gates are already full in the afternoon and evening with 77E/Ws A359s, A346s, and 748i, from UA, LH, and NH. C29 can also be used but you loose C31 because lead-in line for a wide body at C29 is in-between both gates. UA could reconfigure C24, B2 and B14 but again the problem is in order to park a widenedy with the wing span of 787 UA would need to reconfigure the space surrounding those gates and loos the adjacent gate when a wide body is parked at those gates. Between Q4 2019 and Q1 2023 UA will take delivery of 28 new wide bodies ranging from 77Ws to 789s and 78Js (A359 deliveries are not scheduled to begin until late 2022 so I've excluded them). UA will have their own announcement of new international destinations and as much as I would love to see tremendous international growth at ORD I don't think it will happen just yet because we don't have gates. I think UA will continue its international growth from hub like EWR, SFO, and IAD and perhaps DEN might see seasonal service to AMS or CDG. As far as ORD I think the best we can hope for is ORD-TLV in late 2020, or sometime in 2021.
Congratulations to AA at ORD summer 2020 is going to be great for them they certainly have added a lot of interesting destinations.

SCQ83

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:35 pm

lesfalls wrote:
Seems to be big demand from the West Coast/Midwest for flighta to TLV but I question how they are going to reach out to the demand from MEX and EZE if they citizens from both countries need a visa to enter the country and re-checkin:

"All the service to Tel Aviv is clustered in the big coastal cities on the East and West Coasts," said Raja. "We have domestic demand from cities like Oklahoma City and Austin, and from international cities like Mexico City and Buenos Aires, where there's a lot of demand to Tel Aviv but there are really bad connections.".

There are no bad connections from MEX or EZE to TLV. All the European majors connect those airports quite hassle-free. And there is TK (although with a stop-over in CUN/GRU).

EZE-TLV via DFW is much longer than flying via Europe.

EZE-MAD-TLV 8,459 mi
EZE-DFW-TLV 12,265 mi

No brainer.

727LOVER

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:41 pm

millionsofmiles wrote:
aircountry wrote:
millionsofmiles wrote:

Why would AA honor Pan Am’s MIA hub? Pan Am’s MIA operation went largely to United.

No AA didnt buy Pan Am it was Delta bought it. Only AA bought Pan Am's LHR routes. Then no AA to honor PA.

NO. AA bought TWA’s LHR route authorities. AA did not buy any Pan Am LHR routes. UA bought Pan Am’s LHR routes but only retained MIA-LHR temporarily.

CORRECT....and also, DL did not buy Pan Am, they purchased Pan Am's Atlantic division. The bulk of MIA went to UA

Anyway, looks like MIA didn't get anything anyway....as least from this round. Perhaps next week.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

airbazar

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:48 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:
A bit disappointed to see the announcement being this narrow as I expected to see several new routes. However, I'm glad they'll fly to Casablanca.

Wait, what? Five all-new routes for them on three different continents, and you're "disappointed" in some blah blah about "narrow?"

All but 1 are seasonal routes. I find it underwhelmed.

SCQ83 wrote:
I had suggested PHL-RAK in the past so I was not that wrong.
International tourism in Morocco is booming.

I agree. My wife does a lot of (high end tourism) business to Marrakech from N.America. Unfortunately all the recent adds from N.America are to Casablanca but she says her clients prefer to connect in Europe instead of CMN.

lesfalls wrote:

I don't see people from EZE connecting in DFW to get to Israel, that's a huge detour. But People in Mexico and Central America who can afford to travel to Israel likely already have a multiple year, multi-entry visa to the U.S.

cledaybuck

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:49 pm

QuawerAir wrote:

“Of all the airports, in all the towns, in all the world, they fly into this one”
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.

Brandon757

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:06 pm

Would be hilarious if El Al responded and added a flight TLV-DFW. I mean, AA does this to any International at DFW.

EvanWSFO

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:45 pm

rajincajun01 wrote:
gdg9 wrote:
AA announced they are sponsoring the Los Angeles Rams' new stadium. Is this the 'big' announcement?

Allegiant: Yay!! We're the only airline with naming rights on a NFL Stadium!

*Two days later*

American: FTFY. We now have the naming rights for a stadium with TWO NFL teams.

Technically three teams. The Rams and Chargers will use the new LA stadium, as do the Jets and Giants in Hew Jersey.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

USAirALB

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:49 pm

Ziyulu wrote:
AA bringing back meals on domestic flights greater than 2 hours.

Source?
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744, 752, 753, 762, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388

MLIAA

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:50 pm

Doesn’t AA still codeshare with El Al?
A319 A320 A321 A332 B712 B722 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B763 B764 B772 B788 MD80 S340 E140 E145 E170 E175 CRJ2 CRJ7 CRJ9

AEROFAN

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:13 pm

So what is the announcement? Can someone who knows place a link in the very first post of this thread so that those of us who do not find drivel interesting do not have to slog through it...

727LOVER

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:14 pm

USAirALB wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:
AA bringing back meals on domestic flights greater than 2 hours.

Source?

I'm assuming that was a guess or a wish
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

DFWandOMA

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:16 pm

With this apparent "round 2" happening next week, do we think that will include more Europe? Or just Japan and possible AU/NZ?

BNAMealer

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:17 pm

DFWandOMA wrote:
With this apparent "round 2" happening next week, do we think that will include more Europe? Or just Japan and possible AU/NZ?

There is another round of announcements coming?

UpNAWAy

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:22 pm

Corpsnerd09 wrote:
BLQ is being dropped but TXL and DBV are expanding

KEF is moving to PHL from DFW

BUD, PRG get ORD service. ATH keeps it

ORD adds KRK
PHL adds CMN

...and the oddball... DFW to TLV? Isn't that ignoring the largest Jewish/Israeli communities in North America in NY, Miami, Toronto? I guess it's not about the passengers.

They already have a lot of options the middle of America has few.

dcajet

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:23 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
lesfalls wrote:

"All the service to Tel Aviv is clustered in the big coastal cities on the East and West Coasts," said Raja. "We have domestic demand from cities like Oklahoma City and Austin, and from international cities like Mexico City and Buenos Aires, where there's a lot of demand to Tel Aviv but there are really bad connections.".

There are no bad connections from MEX or EZE to TLV. All the European majors connect those airports quite hassle-free. And there is TK (although with a stop-over in CUN/GRU).

EZE-TLV via DFW is much longer than flying via Europe.

EZE-MAD-TLV 8,459 mi
EZE-DFW-TLV 12,265 mi

No brainer.

No one in his/her right mind would go from EZE to TLV via the US unless it was a free/incredibly cheap ticket. EZE is very well connected to TLV with IB/AZ/AR&LY/TK and the new kid on the block, ET, the latter with great fares and a quick connection at ADD. There is also LATAM with one stop at GRU.
Last edited by dcajet on Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"

x1234

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:24 pm

https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/1159438278321430533

Jon says its rumored more route announcements NEXT WEEK!

Scarebus34

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:25 pm

Unless ORD is going to magically have more INTL arrival gates next year, this is going to be a disaster. T5 is already over utilized and this is just going to compound the problem. But hey, AA’s ops are already a disaster so it’s par for the course.
Last edited by Scarebus34 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chepos

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:26 pm

The rumored additional routes is the AA/QF JV routes, but I doubt it will be next week. There might be some trickle of additional European routes and route alignments in coming months. Like they have done in years past. Vasu will be in a second episode of Tell Me Why next week, there is were this next week second announcement rumor is coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

rajincajun01

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:29 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:
gdg9 wrote:
AA announced they are sponsoring the Los Angeles Rams' new stadium. Is this the 'big' announcement?

Allegiant: Yay!! We're the only airline with naming rights on a NFL Stadium!

*Two days later*

American: FTFY. We now have the naming rights for a stadium with TWO NFL teams.

Technically three teams. The Rams and Chargers will use the new LA stadium, as do the Jets and Giants in Hew Jersey.

Think you misunderstood me. I was saying American’s stadium sponsorship was for two teams, outdoing Allegiant’s one.
A319 A320 A321 A332 B1900 B717 B727 B737 B757 B767 B777 B787 CR2 CR7 CRJ9 E120 ERJ135 ERJ145 L1011 MD80 SF340 AvGeek Superstore

NYCAAer

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:30 pm

I’m surprised that AA is returning to TLV. I thought the whole reason why AA pulled out after the US merger was because they didn’t want to pay the pension obligations for the former TWA employees who are there.

wenders825

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:43 pm

NYCAAer wrote:
I’m surprised that AA is returning to TLV. I thought the whole reason why AA pulled out after the US merger was because they didn’t want to pay the pension obligations for the former TWA employees who are there.

that's been an a.net myth forever and JonNYC has confirmed several times it's not an issue

rjmf22

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:47 pm

JAMBOJET wrote:

1. London

Seasonal:
2. Athens
3. Barcelona
4. Budapest
5. Dublin
6. Krakow
7. Paris
8. Prague
9. Rome
10. Venice

United Year-Round:
1. Amsterdam
2. Brussels
3. Frankfurt
4. London
5. Munich
6. Paris

Seasonal:
7. Dublin
8. Edinburgh
9. Rome

And this is most likely how it will be for the foreseeable future. UA clearly has a more extensive ORD operation, and I see them adding new routes to counter this.
United Airlines

ualcsr

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:49 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:

“Of all the airports, in all the towns, in all the world, they fly into this one”

Ha ha!! Quote fits perfectly for CMN. That said and although CMN is the business capital of Morocco, I recently spent nearly 8 hours there and the airport is a dump. RAK's airport is much nicer, but connections wise, CMN makes a lot more sense.

Corpsnerd09

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:54 pm

hOMSaR wrote:
airlineworker wrote:
Believe it or not, the company let the employees vote on the new livery and it won. No accounting for taste.

Wasn’t the vote actually after the new livery was released, and it came down to either the current one, or the current one with the old tail (which didn’t really go together well with the rest of the painted fuselage and new “flight symbol,” all of which would have stayed anyway)?

Correct, the employee"vote" was so obviously made to have the new livery win it was pathetic.

Yonderlust

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:00 pm

NYCAAer wrote:

It was discussed in this thread a few months ago:
viewtopic.php?t=1421349&p=21315649

SurlyBonds

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:06 pm

x1234 wrote:
zakuivcustom, there is NO market for MIA-NRT/HND .

That's quite the assertion, especially without any evidence whatsoever to back it up. Japan *is* the third-largest economy in the world. The US is first, and Florida is one of its most important states. And Florida is also an entrepot for investment into Latin America, where there has historically been some Japanese presence.

I'd like to see some trade data, or seat numbers, stating that there is "NO market" between south Florida and Japan.

airbazar

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:13 pm

AEROFAN wrote:
So what is the announcement? Can someone who knows place a link in the very first post of this thread so that those of us who do not find drivel interesting do not have to slog through it...

I agree. The announcement should have been a new thread so we don't have to go thru 260 posts to find it.
But to answer your question, the announcement link is posted in reply #261.

ualcsr wrote:
Ha ha!! Quote fits perfectly for CMN. That said and although CMN is the business capital of Morocco, I recently spent nearly 8 hours there and the airport is a dump. RAK's airport is much nicer, but connections wise, CMN makes a lot more sense.

I don't think they are flying there for the connections at CMN.
Morocco is going thru the same growth in tourism from the U.S. that Portugal and Spain are going thru. Although Casablanca is not the preferred destination for tourists in Morocco, it's central location makes a good entry/exit point to visit the entire country. A flight from an East coast hub is also able to serve some of the Moroccan diaspora in the U.S.
Last edited by airbazar on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UpNAWAy

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:13 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:

Vasu said the plan is to make this AA African gateway with RAM coming into One World to develop African Routes that eventually will lead to flying AA metal from AA Hubs directly.
Very much like their relationship with BA at LHR has expanded direct European flying for AA.

The other thing I found interesting is he said the PHL summer routes did even better in year 2 after ORD routes were added for this summer. The didn't cannibalize instead a case of 2+2=5 I guess.

x1234

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:14 pm

SurlyBonds, I can't find it right now but someone posted the Asia PDEW numbers for MIA/FLL/PBI and MIA/FLL/PBI-NRT/HND is 25-30 passengers daily. That's NOT enough for a non-stop flight. I should correct myself and say it's not there's no market, there's no market for a NON-STOP flight. Heck even MCO has higher PDEW to Tokyo with all the Japanese Mickey tourism. PLUS all the Latin business capitals are now served from LAX & DFW with LATAM code-shares too with the only exception of PTY but that market is *A dominate (and COPA already flies PTY-SFO/LAX).

Sooner787

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:25 pm

jetsetterusa wrote:
Its kinda sucks to see DFW-TLV to only have 3 times a week.... I am surprised its not daily!

If this route does as well as I think it will, AA will add additional days.
Now is the start date Sept 2019 or 2020?

DFWandOMA

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:28 pm

Sooner787 wrote:
jetsetterusa wrote:

September 2020. Did anyone catch in the video that Vasu mentioned ORD-FCO might be going year-round? Maybe I misinterpreted it.

Insertnamehere

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:42 pm

SurlyBonds wrote:
x1234 wrote:

That's quite the assertion, especially without any evidence whatsoever to back it up. Japan *is* the third-largest economy in the world. The US is first, and Florida is one of its most important states. And Florida is also an entrepot for investment into Latin America, where there has historically been some Japanese presence.

I'd like to see some trade data, or seat numbers, stating that there is "NO market" between south Florida and Japan.

It is the same thing as Europe to Hawaii. Yes demand exists but it will most likely be super low yielding tourism and the business traffic that does exist will usually stop over first in NY or Chicago. Latin America connections are already easily filled at JFK for big destinations like Buenos Aires and Rio, Dallas, or Mexico City and can be easily filled up front for premium traffic.

airbazar

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:52 pm

Insertnamehere wrote:
SurlyBonds wrote:
x1234 wrote:

It is the same thing as Europe to Hawaii. Yes demand exists but it will most likely be super low yielding tourism and the business traffic that does exist will usually stop over first in NY or Chicago. Latin America connections are already easily filled at JFK for big destinations like Buenos Aires and Rio, Dallas, or Mexico City and can be easily filled up front for premium traffic.

It is nothing like Europe-Hawaii simply because that is 100% a leisure market while MIA-TYO would have a heavy portion of business passengers.
I don't disagree that it is challenging for an airline to justify tying up 2 frames for this route, especially AA who have been very conservative in their expansion. I think if it were to happen it's far more likely that we'll see JL fly this route rather than AA. JL has the right equipment for this route: the low density 788 which they used to start NRT-BOS a few years ago.
Last edited by airbazar on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lesfalls

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:53 pm

DFWandOMA wrote:
Sooner787 wrote:
jetsetterusa wrote:

September 2020. Did anyone catch in the video that Vasu mentioned ORD-FCO might be going year-round? Maybe I misinterpreted it.

I think he meant it was to extend the season on the flight but not year-around.

Delta777Jet

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:06 pm

Nice to see that AA is restarting TXL , but again with an aging 767? No wonder no one wants to fly with them. I mean I am a 767 fan , but flying AA in a 767 is like flying an airline in the 80‘s less the food options from the 80‘s !
B-717/722/737-200/300/400/500/600/700/800/900/B-747-100/200/400/SP/8i/B-752/3/B-762/3/4/B-772/LR/300ER/B-787-8/-9/DC-10-10/30/L1011-1/500/MD81/82/83/90/A-319/320/321/AB6/312/313/332/333/342/343/346/359/388/TU154/IL18/ATR42/72/DH4/DH3/E145/E170/190/CR2/7/9

FSDan

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:25 pm

Corpsnerd09 wrote:

Out of interest, what's the source for this? Internal info?
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

luckyone

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:30 pm

lesfalls wrote:
ORD-KRK is interesting. I will surely test the Polish-origin market out of Chicago. NW's vaunted MSP-OSL didn't last long.

ORD-KRK surely will be aimed at american tourists as still many poles in the Chicago area are loyal to LO when it comes to speaking polish over english (no offense intended but is the case for all ethnic groups travelling back to the motherland).

Anyone know how big the Hungarian population in Chicago is though as it seems that LO has had little success in ORD and is positioning the aircraft to operate far greater flights to ICN instead (5x weekly) from BUD.[quote="lesfalls"]

Sorry I really fouled up the quote...

Most of these routes are indeed geared toward summer tourism. Great for more options.

The Hungarian population in Chicago is small--less than 10,000 by 2010 census data. When I lived there I never came across a Hungarian restaurant, for what that's worth. Ohio appears to have the largest number of total Hungarian ancestry at 200,000, but as with most things in Ohio, nothing is concentrated and the population is dispersed across the state. If it means anything there is a terrific Hungarian restaurant in Shaker Square in Cleveland.

By state it goes:
Ohio 203,417
New York 157,863
California 133,988
Pennsylvania 132,184
New Jersey 115,615
Michigan 98,036
Florida 96,885

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... opulations

BNAMealer

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:31 pm

Is DL relaunching ATL-TLV a possibility now in response to this?

usairways85

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:36 pm

FSDan wrote:
Corpsnerd09 wrote:

Not sure if it is supposed to be public, because it is not included in the AA press release. But there is a graphic floating around the Internet with all of the changes including the TXL, DBV, KEF ones.

chepos

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:46 pm

FSDan wrote:
Corpsnerd09 wrote:

It was included in the internal announcement chart. It stated KEF moves to PHL, DBV and TXL return with increased frequencies and a longer season.

On the rumor front, PHL-BUD is supposedly going A330 next summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

JonNYC

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:52 pm

FSDan wrote:
Corpsnerd09 wrote:

Can view it here:

https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/1159 ... 99331?s=20

ckfred

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:14 pm

After reading all of the comments about Doug Parker, the question I have is whether the unions now regret supporting Parker and his efforts to have US buy AA out of bankruptcy. Any thoughts? Of course, the unions initially like every AA CEO, grew to dislike him strongly, then missed him when the next CEO started to irritate them.

That said, what would be surprising (in a good way) would be AA trying to rebuild ORD as a major year-round gateway to Europe. Frankly, that probably won't happen until the new Terminal 2 is built at ORD, to handle international traffic for UA and AA.

Miami
Topic Author

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:23 pm

More routes to be announced soon with Japan rumored to be included.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos