D L X

Re: Updated: American Airlines Increases International Presence, Makes First Entrance Into Africa

Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:45 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
Yawn. Boring. Why wouldn't they try MIA-JNB and give DL some competition?

Because then you'd all be saying AA is just copying DL again.

(Meanwhile, DL still doesn't serve HKG.)

Ishrion

Re: Updated: American Airlines Increases International Presence, Makes First Entrance Into Africa

Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:00 pm

D L X wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Well... it's not that DL "still doesn't serve" HKG. They recently backed out of HKG flying from SEA.

AA has purely never tried JNB.

BA744PHX

Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:12 pm

Ishrion wrote:
D L X wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Well... it's not that DL "still doesn't serve" HKG. They recently backed out of HKG flying from SEA.

One can argue DL & UA never tried CMN....
UA Gold 2019, DL Silver 2019
Upcoming flights
UA EWR-EZE-EWR, EWR-YYZ-EWR, EWR-PHX-EWR, EWR-NRT-EWR
NH NRT-BKK-NRT
TG BKK-HKT-BKK

x1234

Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:23 pm

AA actually has BA Comair feed in South Africa out of JNB to nearby destinations or DUR and CPT. I bet if they tried MIA-JNB it'd be profitable. Africa suffers from a lack of competition from the US and yields are still high.

grbauc

Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:06 pm

jetsetterusa wrote:
Its kinda sucks to see DFW-TLV to only have 3 times a week.... I am surprised its not daily!

Yea it’s testing the waters for sure.
At least we can put too rest all the silly TWA employees owed money for being the reason they’re not flying to Israel to bed.
I’ve been arguing with people about that for years.

Prost

Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:18 pm

How about we concentrate on American Airlines on an American Airlines post?

aemoreira1981

Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:32 pm

x1234 wrote:
AA actually has BA Comair feed in South Africa out of JNB to nearby destinations or DUR and CPT. I bet if they tried MIA-JNB it'd be profitable. Africa suffers from a lack of competition from the US and yields are still high.

The problem might be more a lack of a suitable plane. Remember that JNB-MIA is about 7020 nmi, but also the elevation of JNB (5600 feet). That may be why UA is testing CPT (at sea level) service seasonally instead of JNB. DL can make ATL-JNB work because they have the B77L. That and the A359 (280t) may be the only twin-jets capable of doing JNB-MIA without a significant payload hit (SA is leasing two frames from LA that will be returned to LA by HU soon for JNB-JFK).

x1234

Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:37 pm

I have heard rumours now that QF or AA wants to fly DFW-MEL based on the success of SYD-DFW but DFW-MEL's distance is only a little shorter than PER-LHR. If AA fly's it it needs to update their pilot agreement. Plus the 789 in AA's config is denser than QF. I'm willing to be QF will launch MEL-DFW with AA launching seasonal LAX-MEL, resuming LAX-AKL (year round) and AA or QF launching DFW-BNE. For Japan one of the DFW-NRT frequencies is replaced by HND and JL takes over ORD-NRT and LAX-NRT completely (since its driven by connections (NRT) and not local O&D for HND) and AA keeps the 77W on LAX-HND (and onward domestic Japan connections via HND and some Asian destinations).

aemoreira1981

Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:03 pm

x1234 wrote:
I have heard rumours now that QF or AA wants to fly DFW-MEL based on the success of SYD-DFW but DFW-MEL's distance is only a little shorter than PER-LHR. If AA fly's it it needs to update their pilot agreement. Plus the 789 in AA's config is denser than QF. I'm willing to be QF will launch MEL-DFW with AA launching seasonal LAX-MEL, resuming LAX-AKL (year round) and AA or QF launching DFW-BNE. For Japan one of the DFW-NRT frequencies is replaced by HND and JL takes over ORD-NRT and LAX-NRT completely (since its driven by connections (NRT) and not local O&D for HND) and AA keeps the 77W on LAX-HND (and onward domestic Japan connections via HND and some Asian destinations).

Would make much more sense on QF metal, but QF only has 8 B789s right now, and there's only one B789 for slack. QF would need to have at least 16-18 B789s, since I would also argue that SYD-DFW should be down-gauged to a B789 as well (when launched, only the A388 could do that route, but in a QF configuration, the B789 can as well). You need at least two B789s for each additional North American Dreamliner route.

Ishrion

Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:10 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
x1234 wrote:

Would make much more sense on QF metal, but QF only has 8 B789s right now, and there's only one B789 for slack. QF would need to have at least 16-18 B789s, since I would also argue that SYD-DFW should be down-gauged to a B789 as well (when launched, only the A388 could do that route, but in a QF configuration, the B789 can as well). You need at least two B789s for each additional North American Dreamliner route.

From what people are saying, the main reason the A388 is being kept on SYD-DFW is for First Class profitability. Switching to the 789 would lose F on the route.

BNAMealer

Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:11 pm

x1234 wrote:

I'd love to see DFW-MEL, but I don't think that would happen until QF gets more 787's.

What about DFW-AKL on AA metal?

JonNYC

Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:15 pm

BNAMealer wrote:
What about DFW-AKL on AA metal?

Highly likely.

On the AA NRT/HND stuff, funny to go back when it seemed out-of-the-question far-fetched:
https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/1137 ... 34688?s=20

BNAMealer

Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:29 pm

Ishrion wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:
x1234 wrote:

From what people are saying, the main reason the A388 is being kept on SYD-DFW is for First Class profitability. Switching to the 789 would lose F on the route.

Is F really that important on the route?

I'd rather see it downgauged to the 789, but add DFW-MEL as well so we don't have to go all the way to LAX to connect to MEL.

Ishrion

Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:39 pm

BNAMealer wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:

Is F really that important on the route?

I'd rather see it downgauged to the 789, but add DFW-MEL as well so we don't have to go all the way to LAX to connect to MEL.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/air ... xas-top-10

Given that it's the 3rd most profitable route from Dallas... I'd assume F would have a huge impact.

x1234

Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:54 pm

SYD-DFW is the main route for Australian corporate traffic to Eastern North America & Northern Latin America. F is a big seller on the route (and Australian corporate's have more liberal employee J policies than American companies). The need for a faster route to Melbourne bypassing LAX is HUGE for Australian corporate's with some of the largest global Australian companies HQ'ed in Melbourne (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne#Economy "Melbourne houses the headquarters of many of Australia's largest corporations, including five of the ten largest in the country (based on revenue), and five of the largest seven in the country (based on market capitalisation)[159] (ANZ, BHP Billiton (the world's largest mining company), the National Australia Bank, CSL and Telstra, " Remember Melbourne has the 2nd largest population in Oceania after Sydney at 5 million (and Auckland's is only at 1.45 million). DFW having the infrastructure it has is going to be the new gateway to Oceania. I believe leaving the A380 on SYD-DFW and adding a daily 789 MEL-DFW isn't too much capacity at all. Remember North America-Oceania yields are still HIGH due to no low cost competition (going via Asia takes ages longer with the exception of Perth for Eastern North America for the one-stops).

B1168

Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:16 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
x1234 wrote:

I asked why A380 made sense on QF7/8 and was told that the 14 first class seats on them sell quite well...... 787-9 just don't get one of that.

B1168

Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:20 pm

x1234 wrote:
SYD-DFW is the main route for Australian corporate traffic to Eastern North America & Northern Latin America. F is a big seller on the route (and Australian corporate's have more liberal employee J policies than American companies). The need for a faster route to Melbourne bypassing LAX is HUGE for Australian corporate's with some of the largest global Australian companies HQ'ed in Melbourne (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne#Economy "Melbourne houses the headquarters of many of Australia's largest corporations, including five of the ten largest in the country (based on revenue), and five of the largest seven in the country (based on market capitalisation)[159] (ANZ, BHP Billiton (the world's largest mining company), the National Australia Bank, CSL and Telstra, " Remember Melbourne has the 2nd largest population in Oceania after Sydney at 5 million (and Auckland's is only at 1.45 million). DFW having the infrastructure it has is going to be the new gateway to Oceania. I believe leaving the A380 on SYD-DFW and adding a daily 789 MEL-DFW isn't too much capacity at all. Remember North America-Oceania yields are still HIGH due to no low cost competition (going via Asia takes ages longer with the exception of Perth for Eastern North America for the one-stops).

Just being curious, Jetstar is flying Melboune/Sydney-Honolulu. It would not prompt the ages of extra time via E.Asia, does not necessitate any foreign country visit (for US that is) and have ample connectivity to continental America, even on LCCs (though Southwest's service is on par with the US3s on domestics anyway). Do you think it should count as a "low-cost competition"?

BNAMealer

Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:47 am

x1234 wrote:

That’s a lot of capacity though, a daily A380 and a daily 789? That’s over 5,000 seats every week. And when project sunrise is ready, they’ll likely be flying from JFK and ORD too. So I don’t know how QF could launch DFW-MEL and keep the A380 on DFW-SYD.

Ishrion

Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:57 am

BNAMealer wrote:
x1234 wrote:

That’s a lot of capacity though, a daily A380 and a daily 789? That’s over 5,000 seats every week. And when project sunrise is ready, they’ll likely be flying from JFK and ORD too. So I don’t know how QF could launch DFW-MEL and keep the A380 on DFW-SYD.

It's probably less than 4500 seats a week given that DFW-SYD is currently 6x weekly and certain seats are blocked.

But the A380 will be gone eventually and they'll lose first class, unless Qantas is planning for F on future aircraft like Project Sunrise?

Adding a daily MEL-DFW would be an increase of 55% capacity. The JV will definitely strengthen connections, but a daily flight seems too much at the beginning. Perhaps a 3-4x weekly flight would suffice from the start.

BNAMealer

Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:00 am

Ishrion wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:
x1234 wrote:

It's probably less than 4500 seats a week given that DFW-SYD is currently 6x weekly and certain seats are blocked.

But the A380 will be gone eventually and they'll lose first class, unless Qantas is planning for F on future aircraft like Project Sunrise?

Adding a daily MEL-DFW would be an increase of 55% capacity. The JV will definitely strengthen connections, but a daily flight seems too much at the beginning. Perhaps a 3-4x weekly flight would suffice from the start.

I’m pretty sure DFW-SYD will (sooner or later) go back to daily now that the jv is in place, but I forgot about the blocked seats. You’re right, a 3-4x weekly flight would be sufficient to start, but the question is, are they interested and do they have a spare 787 for it?

millionsofmiles

Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:33 am

Ishrion wrote:
D L X wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Yes. Delta failed in HKG.

millionsofmiles

Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:44 am

HPAEAA wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:

No, Delta's 321 is going to have 3 more seats than AA's even after AA is done with the Oasis reconfiguration.

At the moment DL's has like 12 more seats than legacy AA and 6 more seats than legacy US 321s.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/aircraft/airbus/a321

Delta's website shows a 189 and 191 seat configuration?

Delta originally had a plan to have more seats that AA however they quickly backtracked a few years ago based on customer & FA feedback, here’s one article: https://onemileatatime.com/delta-removing-seats/

If Delta were truly concerned with passenger and flight attendant feedback, they wouldn’t have opted to keep the Spaceflex galley/lav configuration with lavatories so narrow a passenger can’t turn around; a flight attendant jumpseat hanging off of the lav door, creating all sorts of problems if a flight attendant either wants to sit for a few minutes or if severe turbulence hits and the flight attendants have to sit, potentially trapping a passenger in the lav; half a galley unit with carts stowed behind each other requiring flight attendants to, in some cases, crawl underneath.

Not even AA opted for this uncomfortable and unsafe galley/lax configuration on their NEOs.

SurlyBonds

Re: Rumor: American to make huge announcement

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:28 am

Insertnamehere wrote:

It is the same thing as Europe to Hawaii. Yes demand exists but it will most likely be super low yielding tourism and the business traffic that does exist will usually stop over first in NY or Chicago.

That's also quite the assertion. Setting aside the fact that London to Hawaii will probably eventually happen (a separate discussion), there would be a lot more business traffic from Tokyo to Florida, but the idea that all of "stops in NY or Chicago first" is highly conclusory -- you've no evidene for it at all, and that argument would apply to nearly every other US gateway to Asia except California.

Insertnamehere wrote:
Latin America connections are already easily filled at JFK for big destinations like Buenos Aires and Rio, Dallas, or Mexico City and can be easily filled up front for premium traffic.

I said Miami is an entrepot for business in Latin America generally - not merely that it is a transit hub. Latin American businesses have offices in Miami. Latin American businesspeople often have homes there. Real meetings take place in Miami. It is like "Londongrad" is for doing business in Eastern Europe.

That having been said air traffic connectivity would exist as well. There are multiple hubs in Europe through which one can fly between the US and India, for instance. And MIA will always have service to more Tier 2 Latin American/Caribbean cities than JFK. Not everyone's final destination is Buenos Aires.

x1234

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:14 pm

Anyone know when the 2nd announcement this week is? I'm guessing its probably the same day this week (Thursday).

Ishrion

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:20 pm

x1234 wrote:
Anyone know when the 2nd announcement this week is? I'm guessing its probably the same day this week (Thursday).

Tuesday or Thursday are when route announcements are released.

klwright69

Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:57 pm

I applaud AA for thinking outside the box with these routes. Pretty neat stuff.
3x/week for TLV/DFW seems like kind of a farce to me. And stacking up against the competition they must know that theirs is a joke. EL AL, UA, and DL have Israel so well covered at this point.... with.... DAILY flights and multiple gateways.
DL didn't make ATL/TLV work, but it may for AA from DFW, who knows? 3x a week isn't a bold effort. UA especially has made inroads into TLV while AA just dawdled. This should be at least be daily.
I suppose better late than never, but why not JFK, PHL, MIA, CLT, or even LAX for TLV? They all make more sense than DFW (well maybe not LAX, but I am sure it's a big market on its own).

I have been reading this forum for many years. Let's all applaud AA. They finally entered back to old TWA territory with a TLV flight. This has been one of the hottest topics here over the years. It's a done deal folks!
Last edited by klwright69 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MAH4546

Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:01 pm

klwright69 wrote:
3x/week for TLV/DFW seems like kind of a farce to me. And stacking up against the competition they must know that theirs is a joke. EL AL, UA, and DL have Israel so well covered at this point.... with.... DAILY flights and multiple gateways.
DL didn't make ATL/TLV work, but it may for AA from DFW, who knows? 3x a week isn't a bold effort. UA especially has made inroads into TLV while AA just dawdled. This should be at least be daily.
I suppose better late than never, but why not JFK, PHL, MIA, CLT, or even LAX for TLV? They all make more sense than DFW (well maybe not LAX, but I am sure it's a big market on its own).

I bet if DFW works well, they can go daily by adding the other four frequencies from MIA or, less likely, PHL.
a.

by738

Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:19 pm

can we expect any more Europe for the 'second announcement' should there indeed be one?

grbauc

Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:23 am

MAH4546 wrote:
klwright69 wrote:

I bet if DFW works well, they can go daily by adding the other four frequencies from MIA or, less likely, PHL.

agree....

LAXdude1023

Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:36 am

klwright69 wrote:

I have been reading this forum for many years. Let's all applaud AA. They finally entered back to old TWA territory with a TLV flight. This has been one of the hottest topics here over the years. It's a done deal folks!

DFW-TLV makes no sense to me. Bringing back PHL would have made more sense. If it didn’t work from ATL, I fail to see how it will from DFW. But kudos to AA for trying something outside the box.
Religion is the root of evil...

grbauc

Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:40 am

ABEguy wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:
ABEguy wrote:
Someone posted on here earlier, and I agree. If delta announced another route to AMS in 767, everyone on here would be celebrating how innovative they are. AA announces Africa, more secondary cities in Europe, and more to come next week in Australia and NZ, and it’s boring. Sounds good.

And on beautiful 787s pretty much all of AA's new routes. Not 767s and 330s like DL's most international routes.

Not to mention that a lot of those new routes are not served by any other US airline.

Also, I can only imagine the backlash on here if AA did not serve places like Hong Kong and New Zealand at all like DL doesn't.

To me, not serving Hong Kong, Asia's London and New York, is rather embarrassing.

But this forum never fails to surprise us so...

Exactly. And let’s not forget how AA is stuffing people into an a321 like sardines with the 190 seat oasis retrofit, while deltas a321 is roomier with 192 seats and the limiting recline recently announced.

It's 2019 we should all know that the TAIL is wagging the dog on the internet on many many subject matters. The vocal few make it seem like the majority believe a certain way along with human prejudices.
Manipulation from a few on the internet can cloud reality and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Also Foreign governments have done and use it to deliberately deceive and yet were still surprised. I don't believe there is a conspiracy going on A-NET.

DL has been on a positive roll for a while and human internet behavior nature is to label and freeze things with one narrative. Fact People change and Airlines changes. Getting the narrative to change on the net takes some doing.

AntonioMartin

Re: Rumor: American to make huge announcement

Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:46 am

sprxUSA wrote:
PHX de-hubbing LOL....

I'm a Delta fan...but I also love my local airport so....grrrrr... :lol:

grbauc

Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:47 am

LAXdude1023 wrote:
klwright69 wrote:

DFW-TLV makes no sense to me. Bringing back PHL would have made more sense. If it didn’t work from ATL, I fail to see how it will from DFW. But kudos to AA for trying something outside the box.

Leaving the TLV hole was mistake. Leaving PHL TLV should not of happened. They definitely have the right aircraft now imop. I believe it was the US/HP thinking that caused it.
Best thing out of this route is the TWA narrative is gone dead for AA not flying to Israel.

AntonioMartin

Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:51 am

As a Delta fan, I say grrr to the thread's title... :lol:

Ishrion

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:21 am

LAXdude1023 wrote:
klwright69 wrote:

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.co ... ardingArea

Subsidies.

windycity613

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:52 am

Here is an update
Tel Aviv eff 09SEP20 New route, 4 WEEKLY 787-9. The following schedule does not specify operational days as OAG schedules listing for the week of 11AUG19 listed until 10SEP20. Reservation to open in October 2019
AA018 DFW2220 – 1910+1TLV 789
AA015 TLV2205 – 0505+1DFW 789

LAXdude1023

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:22 am

Ishrion wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
klwright69 wrote:

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.co ... ardingArea

Subsidies.

Ahhhh....
Religion is the root of evil...

Ishrion

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:27 am

windycity613 wrote:
Here is an update
Tel Aviv eff 09SEP20 New route, 4 WEEKLY 787-9. The following schedule does not specify operational days as OAG schedules listing for the week of 11AUG19 listed until 10SEP20. Reservation to open in October 2019

Wait, when was it 4x weekly? The newsroom is still displaying 3x weekly? Did they add another frequency?

chepos

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:31 am

Ishrion wrote:
windycity613 wrote:
Here is an update

Wait, when was it 4x weekly? The newsroom is still displaying 3x weekly? Did they add another frequency?

It may be an error, flight was just announced last Thursday at 3 X a week, doubt it was already upped to 4 weekly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

windycity613

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:05 pm

Ishrion wrote:
windycity613 wrote:
Here is an update

This is what Routesonline is reporting.
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-11aug19/

windycity613

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:13 pm

The Israel Ministry of Tourism will award American 750,000 Euro / $840,000 for opening the TLV route and operating the flight for at least 1 year.

In Hebrew https://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340, ... 30,00.html

gregn21

Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:55 pm

sagechan wrote:
I guess it does squeeze into range from DFW as well. Just see it as a LAX route. Be surprised if the XLR doesn't do quite a few domestic Transcons to LAX and it's doesn't take much to run a daily down to PPT. LAX is already an A320 crew base anyway.

Is it possible for an A321T as currently configured to make it from LAX to PPT? I think this would be the easiest way to get service going.

On the other hand, keep in mind AA is partners with TN, who fly multiple daily wide bodies between LAX and PPT.

sagechan

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:11 am

gregn21 wrote:
sagechan wrote:
I guess it does squeeze into range from DFW as well. Just see it as a LAX route. Be surprised if the XLR doesn't do quite a few domestic Transcons to LAX and it's doesn't take much to run a daily down to PPT. LAX is already an A320 crew base anyway.

Is it possible for an A321T as currently configured to make it from LAX to PPT? I think this would be the easiest way to get service going.

On the other hand, keep in mind AA is partners with TN, who fly multiple daily wide bodies between LAX and PPT.

Not sure what the range on the T is. It's a CEO so even in it's light config it probably can't. Winds may be too much for the normal config of the neo which is fairly dense. The TN agreements could very well make it not worth it. Personally, just think its an interesting route that the XLR would Excel at.
717, 733, 734, 738, 744, 752, 763, 772, 77W, 789, A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A359, MD88, CRJ, CR7, CR9, DH1, DH2, DH3, S340, ER4, E170, E175, E190/CO, NW, US, AC, NH, AA, UA, DL, WN, WS, SK, VY, LA, QF, AR, AV, MH, KA

jmc1975

Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:59 am

gregn21 wrote:
sagechan wrote:

Even if it had the range, the A321T is such a premium-heavy, high CASM aircraft for a leisure market that it would not be anywhere near competitive with UA’s 787s out of SFO.

x1234

Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:29 pm

https://soundcloud.com/american-airlines-internal-news

That just came out. Vasu Raja says there will be an announcement "later" before the end of the year of the new Pacific routes out of LAX.

Miami
Topic Author

Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Rumors of AKL.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

UpNAWAy

Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:34 pm

Thanks x1234,
Sounds like a new Wide-body Order is going to be needed soon.

dfw88

Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:44 pm

UpNAWAy wrote:
Thanks x1234,
Sounds like a new Wide-body Order is going to be needed soon.

No, not really. Two things here:

1) AA already has plenty of widebodies. The reason they're flying so many 787s domestically this winter (such as between DFW and PHX) is because they need places to put the extra widebodies that are supposed to be flying to the South Pacific. So this winter, you could say they have too many (though, with the MAX out it's also a bit convenient to have the extra lift domestically).

2) While the initial 788s that start arriving next year are to replace the 767s, the next batch of 789s is mostly expansion (some will replace the older 772s), so AA has their widebody plans pretty well figure out.

I wouldn't expect an order any time soon, unless the 797 comes to fruition and AA decides they want some.

FSDan

Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:12 pm

x1234 wrote:
https://soundcloud.com/american-airlines-internal-news

That just came out. Vasu Raja says there will be an announcement "later" before the end of the year of the new Pacific routes out of LAX.

Good to hear from that clip that the remaining JFK international flights are doing better, and that AA seems to have long term plans for NYC as the 321XLRs and 787s start arriving.

It sounds like the new LAX international service is tied to getting access to additional TBIT gates. So perhaps we shouldn't expect any new service for W20. Also, an announcement "later this year" would indicate that the new service probably won't start until sometime next year.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

PlaneMad134

Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:53 am

Is the 2nd announcement supposed to be today?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos