DFWandOMA

Re: Updated: American Airlines Increases International Presence, Makes First Entrance Into Africa

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:25 pm

Miami wrote:
More routes to be announced soon with Japan rumored to be included.

Fingers crossed for DFW-BCN!

mhkansan

Re: Updated: American Airlines Increases International Presence, Makes First Entrance Into Africa

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:26 pm

ckfred wrote:
After reading all of the comments about Doug Parker, the question I have is whether the unions now regret supporting Parker and his efforts to have US buy AA out of bankruptcy. Any thoughts? Of course, the unions initially like every AA CEO, grew to dislike him strongly, then missed him when the next CEO started to irritate them.

That said, what would be surprising (in a good way) would be AA trying to rebuild ORD as a major year-round gateway to Europe. Frankly, that probably won't happen until the new Terminal 2 is built at ORD, to handle international traffic for UA and AA.

I agree the seasonality of the ORD long haul hub is annoying for business travelers. Certainly routes like CDG, DUB,and FCO could be year round.

Furthermore, I that know Lufthansa and United have Germany pretty well wrapped up, but I still find it astonishing AA can't fly a single flight from ORD to the world's third largest economy.

Overall, I'm a little underwhelmed by the announcement.

OmerMaz

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:28 pm

DFW-TLV? And I thought we'll never see AA again in here ("The lawsuit", codesharing with LY, etc, etc...)
It seems to me that they want to fight UA head on when it comes to connetions in NA.

Yeah, kinda late in respons but that's a shocker for me.

Anyway, congrats to AA! I'm pretty sure it'll benefit both American and Israeli travelers alike.

AMollenhauer9

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:37 pm

ckfred wrote:
After reading all of the comments about Doug Parker, the question I have is whether the unions now regret supporting Parker and his efforts to have US buy AA out of bankruptcy. Any thoughts? Of course, the unions initially like every AA CEO, grew to dislike him strongly, then missed him when the next CEO started to irritate them.

That said, what would be surprising (in a good way) would be AA trying to rebuild ORD as a major year-round gateway to Europe. Frankly, that probably won't happen until the new Terminal 2 is built at ORD, to handle international traffic for UA and AA.

American used to fly to Paris and Manchester year round and couldn't make it work. Gate space is not the issue in the winter time.

Brandon757

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:39 pm

So if AA is moving KEF to PHL, and FI returns to DFW, will that mean that FI won the three way battle?

ualcsr

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:42 pm

airbazar wrote:
AEROFAN wrote:
So what is the announcement? Can someone who knows place a link in the very first post of this thread so that those of us who do not find drivel interesting do not have to slog through it...

I agree. The announcement should have been a new thread so we don't have to go thru 260 posts to find it.
But to answer your question, the announcement link is posted in reply #261.

ualcsr wrote:
Ha ha!! Quote fits perfectly for CMN. That said and although CMN is the business capital of Morocco, I recently spent nearly 8 hours there and the airport is a dump. RAK's airport is much nicer, but connections wise, CMN makes a lot more sense.

I don't think they are flying there for the connections at CMN.
Morocco is going thru the same growth in tourism from the U.S. that Portugal and Spain are going thru. Although Casablanca is not the preferred destination for tourists in Morocco, it's central location makes a good entry/exit point to visit the entire country. A flight from an East coast hub is also able to serve some of the Moroccan diaspora in the U.S.

I should've clarified that - meant onward connections within Morocco. It's easy to connect to most major Moroccan cities via air from CMN; not so much from other Moroccan airports even if, e.g., Marrakech's tourism industry is much larger and its airport much nicer than CMN. BTW, I flew Royal Air Maroc three times last year between Europe and Morocco and domestically and was pretty impressed.

AEROFAN

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:43 pm

airbazar wrote:
AEROFAN wrote:
So what is the announcement? Can someone who knows place a link in the very first post of this thread so that those of us who do not find drivel interesting do not have to slog through it...

I agree. The announcement should have been a new thread so we don't have to go thru 260 posts to find it.

ualcsr wrote:
Ha ha!! Quote fits perfectly for CMN. That said and although CMN is the business capital of Morocco, I recently spent nearly 8 hours there and the airport is a dump. RAK's airport is much nicer, but connections wise, CMN makes a lot more sense.

Morocco is going thru the same growth in tourism from the U.S. that Portugal and Spain are going thru. Although Casablanca is not the preferred destination for tourists in Morocco, it's central location makes a good entry/exit point to visit the entire country. A flight from an East coast hub is also able to serve some of the Moroccan diaspora in the U.S.

Thank you airbazar. Very much appreciated.

ozark1

Re: Rumor: American to make huge announcement

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:50 pm

airlineworker wrote:
braniff2hav wrote:
airlineworker wrote:

I agree, the present livery looks like a second grade art class scribble. The AA on the tail was a classic and could be spotted in a crowd.I heard years back that airbus aircraft are not able to be polished as they use a different type of aluminum. Just what I heard.

That livery is hideous, like a screaming child flying down the runway. They could class it up a great deal.

Believe it or not, the company let the employees vote on the new livery and it won. No accounting for taste.

You are absolutely WRONG. We did not VOTE on the new hideous scheme. If it was any employee group that was able to "vote", it would have been upper management only. The majority of us have far more taste than choosing a logo that looks like one for Greyhound, and the terrible choice to make that large AMERICAN in charcoal. I might be able to handle it if it were in a dark blue, but no opinion was ever taken from the employees.

greggariouspdx

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:07 pm

PHL-CNB is 3700 nm on a 757 ? No way I would sit in one of those miserable AA 757's for that long. Will there be payload restrictions to acheive that range ?

GSP psgr

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:08 pm

mhkansan wrote:
ckfred wrote:

I agree the seasonality of the ORD long haul hub is annoying for business travelers. Certainly routes like CDG, DUB,and FCO could be year round.

Furthermore, I that know Lufthansa and United have Germany pretty well wrapped up, but I still find it astonishing AA can't fly a single flight from ORD to the world's third largest economy.

Overall, I'm a little underwhelmed by the announcement.

In fairness, IIRC ORD-CDG is very close to year round, only stopping for something like 4-6 weeks in the dead middle of winter. Hopefully EI being brought into the IAG fold would eventually mean ORD-DUB going year round as well. As for Germany, maybe AA could work out some sort of codeshare deal withe Deutsche Bahn where they fly ORD-FRA and then connect passengers on through ICE trains to the rest of Germany as well as other points in Central Europe.

On the whole though ORD (and JFK)-Transatlantic sets up very poorly for the current management's view that every route should be profitable on it's own, and if it isn't then it should be cut (the one place where this doesn't apply is the LAX TransPac Operation, I think). Parker and Co aren't much for loss leaders, and seem to have a very low risk tolerance and an extremely short term view of network building. They don't at all seem interested in trying to spend the sweat and treasure of building a stronger transatlantic ORD operation that would put them on stronger market footing vis a vis United than they are now. Hence the extremely seasonal nature of a lot of their transatlantic operation. Their weaker hard product transatlantic doesn't help things either.

Super88

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:13 pm

DFW to DUB/MUC goes year around, DFW to India, code share on QF Australia and South Pacific flts....Africa on their own planes, cant see it but code share on someone

RainerBoeing777

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:22 pm

Miami wrote:
More routes to be announced soon with Japan rumored to be included.

I bet American will return its operations to Osaka (KIX)!
CX - JL - LH - KE - KL - SQ - QR - QF - TG

DolphinAir747

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:26 pm

Super88 wrote:
DFW to DUB/MUC goes year around, DFW to India, code share on QF Australia and South Pacific flts....Africa on their own planes, cant see it but code share on someone

Is any of this confirmed or just speculation?

gregn21

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:28 pm

RainerBoeing777 wrote:

From where? JL already flies KIX-LAX.

RainerBoeing777

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:32 pm

gregn21 wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:

From DFW
CX - JL - LH - KE - KL - SQ - QR - QF - TG

notconcerned

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:50 pm

RainerBoeing777 wrote:
gregn21 wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:

From DFW

US-KIX market is very weak, there are only 2 non-stop: JL KIX-LAX and UA SFO-KIX (maybe 4 if you count seasonal AC YVR-KIX and DL SEA-KIX). DFW-TPE probably has a bigger chance than DFW-KIX.

winter

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:50 pm

Forgive my ignorance, but what does AA do with all this capacity in the winter when these seasonal ORD flights aren’t operating? I’m curious how they mitigate the large seasonality in fleet utilization.

x1234

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:53 pm

Only UA is successful in TPE because of the software powerhouse of Silicon Valley and the hardware powerhouse of Taiwan (its Silicon Island after all) with business from the likes of TSMC, Intel and all the Taiwanese computer OEMs like ASUS and Foxconn. DFW-TPE maybe successful due to the high tech nature of Dallas but there is already IAH-TPE so I don't know how successful it will be (and Dell in Austin, the main user of the flight is a drive away from IAH for the EVA Air flight).

Judge1310

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:57 pm

jayunited wrote:
For UA to respond at ORD would require another re-banking of the entire afternoon and evening schedule. Currently at T1 no 787s can be parked on the odd side of the C concourse their wing span is to large and the do the length of the 788/9 they would stick out into the alley way preventing simultaneous taxi from taking place between the B and C concourse the C-side taxi line would need to be closed if a 788/9 were parked on the C-odd side.
UA can park 788/9s at C10, C16, C18, C20, B16, B17 with no issues but those gates are already full in the afternoon and evening with 77E/Ws A359s, A346s, and 748i, from UA, LH, and NH. C29 can also be used but you loose C31 because lead-in line for a wide body at C29 is in-between both gates. UA could reconfigure C24, B2 and B14 but again the problem is in order to park a widenedy with the wing span of 787 UA would need to reconfigure the space surrounding those gates and loos the adjacent gate when a wide body is parked at those gates. Between Q4 2019 and Q1 2023 UA will take delivery of 28 new wide bodies ranging from 77Ws to 789s and 78Js (A359 deliveries are not scheduled to begin until late 2022 so I've excluded them). UA will have their own announcement of new international destinations and as much as I would love to see tremendous international growth at ORD I don't think it will happen just yet because we don't have gates. I think UA will continue its international growth from hub like EWR, SFO, and IAD and perhaps DEN might see seasonal service to AMS or CDG. As far as ORD I think the best we can hope for is ORD-TLV in late 2020, or sometime in 2021.
Congratulations to AA at ORD summer 2020 is going to be great for them they certainly have added a lot of interesting destinations.

jayunited, thank you for the detailed analysis and explanation as to why UA can't "just add" new WB service out of ORD *at this time*... the other hubs can be used to start/enhance markets and when the time is right, ORD can (and most likely will) be invited to the soiree! :)

RvA

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:00 pm

ozark1 wrote:
airlineworker wrote:
braniff2hav wrote:

That livery is hideous, like a screaming child flying down the runway. They could class it up a great deal.

Believe it or not, the company let the employees vote on the new livery and it won. No accounting for taste.

You are absolutely WRONG. We did not VOTE on the new hideous scheme. If it was any employee group that was able to "vote", it would have been upper management only. The majority of us have far more taste than choosing a logo that looks like one for Greyhound, and the terrible choice to make that large AMERICAN in charcoal. I might be able to handle it if it were in a dark blue, but no opinion was ever taken from the employees.

Employees definitely did vote. The alternative was worse though.

alasizon

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:12 pm

winter wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but what does AA do with all this capacity in the winter when these seasonal ORD flights aren’t operating? I’m curious how they mitigate the large seasonality in fleet utilization.

Domestic & Caribbean flights and seasonal flights to Oceania. Hub-Hub in Nov/Dec is big.
Manager on Duty & Tower Planner

Detroit313

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:25 pm

Great additions.

AA is the only US airline to fly to Hungary, Poland, Morocco, Croatia and serve Athens from two different US cities.

Brickell305

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:32 pm

airbazar wrote:
AEROFAN wrote:

ualcsr wrote:

The VP of Network Planning at AA literally said that the flight was about Royal Air Maroc joining Oneworld and the fact that they can use the flight as the gateway to Africa.

caliboy93

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:48 pm

notconcerned wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:
gregn21 wrote:

From DFW

US-KIX market is very weak, there are only 2 non-stop: JL KIX-LAX and UA SFO-KIX (maybe 4 if you count seasonal AC YVR-KIX and DL SEA-KIX). DFW-TPE probably has a bigger chance than DFW-KIX.

There are plenty of nonstops from KIX to Honolulu.

kordcj

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:03 pm

Like AA does with every route, they chase a competitor out of the market, and then pull the route themselves. Krakow will not surivive with both LO and AA flying it. Only losers here will be the people of Chicago and Krakow when both carriers stop flying the route. Color me impressed if both carriers are still flying the route for Summer 2021.
The most obvious proof for intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't tried to contact us.

Prost

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:03 pm

Pretty exciting times at AA for their passengers and employees. I hope these routes are successful.

onwFan

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:06 pm

MLIAA wrote:
Doesn’t AA still codeshare with El Al?

Yes, but only from gateways in Europe to TLV: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -dec-2014/

Interestingly, this expansion of codeshare came just after they severed their frequent flyer relationship. I am assuming this was primarily because El Al was using B6 for onward connections within the US.

NYPECO

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Is there a way the announcement can be pinned to the top of this thread so that we don't have to scroll through hundreds of speculation posts to find it?

BravoOne

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:18 pm

Bet that half of these flight pairing don't last beyond the 2nd annual earnings report. Has a BNF ring to it for some reason.

JonNYC

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:28 pm

NYPECO wrote:
Is there a way the announcement can be pinned to the top of this thread so that we don't have to scroll through hundreds of speculation posts to find it?

So many crocodile tears over this, don’t people know how to use “the internet”?

http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/20 ... fault.aspx

Jo8338

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:40 pm

What is AA going to do with all the wide body capacity in the winter? I guess 788’s between ORD -PHX

QXfactor

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:43 pm

greggariouspdx wrote:
PHL-CNB is 3700 nm on a 757 ? No way I would sit in one of those miserable AA 757's for that long. Will there be payload restrictions to acheive that range ?

I thought the same thing, but KEFDFW is 3744 miles and takes no pax restrictions on the 757. Cargo takes almost a 50% hit westbound though. CMN is 47 miles shorter but much warmer. They both have really long runways (KEF = two 10000' runways, CMN = two 12000' runways) though. They haven't loaded the numbers yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it took a 60% cargo hit westbound, or if CMN cargo is more valuable than pax (which apparently it's not in KEF), possibly a minor seat restriction (<15 seats).

Still not my favorite plane to ride in for that long though... :roll:
Last edited by QXfactor on Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alasizon

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:44 pm

kordcj wrote:
Like AA does with every route, they chase a competitor out of the market, and then pull the route themselves. Krakow will not surivive with both LO and AA flying it. Only losers here will be the people of Chicago and Krakow when both carriers stop flying the route. Color me impressed if both carriers are still flying the route for Summer 2021.

So can you tell me who they chased off PHL-DBV/BUD/TXL and when they pulled those routes? AA is in the business of making money and they remain on the route as long as they believe they are making a good return on the route.

zakuivcustom

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:45 pm

x1234 wrote:
Only UA is successful in TPE because of the software powerhouse of Silicon Valley and the hardware powerhouse of Taiwan (its Silicon Island after all) with business from the likes of TSMC, Intel and all the Taiwanese computer OEMs like ASUS and Foxconn. DFW-TPE maybe successful due to the high tech nature of Dallas but there is already IAH-TPE so I don't know how successful it will be (and Dell in Austin, the main user of the flight is a drive away from IAH for the EVA Air flight).

There's the free shuttle that EVA Air runs between IAH and DFW Metroplex and Austin just to connect to the IAH-TPE flight also:
https://www.evaair.com/en-us/managing-y ... schedule/#
https://www.evaair.com/en-us/managing-y ... -services/

For TPE overall the "local" carriers (Mainly BR) simply has the advantage of both being "local" and having lower cost base. I've always found the market to be similar to ICN anyway (Except TPE is a smaller market as Taiwan has 1/2 the population of S. Korea).

IMHO if AA really want to try TPE, might as well just jump straight in and compete in that cutthroat LAX-TPE market.

Planes4you

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:47 pm

Super88 wrote:

American has already said they don’t fly on flying to India

Jo8338

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:49 pm

727LOVER wrote:
millionsofmiles wrote:
aircountry wrote:

No AA didnt buy Pan Am it was Delta bought it. Only AA bought Pan Am's LHR routes. Then no AA to honor PA.

NO. AA bought TWA’s LHR route authorities. AA did not buy any Pan Am LHR routes. UA bought Pan Am’s LHR routes but only retained MIA-LHR temporarily.

CORRECT....and also, DL did not buy Pan Am, they purchased Pan Am's Atlantic division. The bulk of MIA went to UA

Anyway, looks like MIA didn't get anything anyway....as least from this round. Perhaps next week.

MIA -TLV would have made much more sense for both EZE confections and a response to LY.

alasizon

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:49 pm

Jo8338 wrote:
What is AA going to do with all the wide body capacity in the winter? I guess 788’s between ORD -PHX

I would assume the upcoming "Part 2" of this announcement includes some seasonal Oceania routes during the Northern Winter. But yes, this upcoming November they plan to fly PHX-ORD 2-3x daily with 788s and then DFW 2-4x daily during the holidays with a 777/787 mix.

Super88

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:52 pm

with AA and India you never know what might happen, could be PHL India.... QF might end up starting DFW-BNE with 787

EvanWSFO

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:56 pm

rajincajun01 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:

Allegiant: Yay!! We're the only airline with naming rights on a NFL Stadium!

*Two days later*

American: FTFY. We now have the naming rights for a stadium with TWO NFL teams.

Technically three teams. The Rams and Chargers will use the new LA stadium, as do the Jets and Giants in Hew Jersey.

Think you misunderstood me. I was saying American’s stadium sponsorship was for two teams, outdoing Allegiant’s one.

Ah, ok. My bad.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

Ishrion

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:11 pm

x1234 wrote:
SurlyBonds, I can't find it right now but someone posted the Asia PDEW numbers for MIA/FLL/PBI and MIA/FLL/PBI-NRT/HND is 25-30 passengers daily. That's NOT enough for a non-stop flight. I should correct myself and say it's not there's no market, there's no market for a NON-STOP flight. Heck even MCO has higher PDEW to Tokyo with all the Japanese Mickey tourism. PLUS all the Latin business capitals are now served from LAX & DFW with LATAM code-shares too with the only exception of PTY but that market is *A dominate (and COPA already flies PTY-SFO/LAX).

Again, why don’t you quote them instead of saying their name?

Looks like I’ve gotta repeat myself.

DFW-TYO has a PDEW of 60, yet it has 3 daily flights.

There might not be a demand in local market, however, the possible connections from MIA are valuable.

ABEguy

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:18 pm

Jo8338 wrote:

Those aircraft will be doing seasonal winter flying to new Australia/New Zealand destinations. Announcement coming next week.

TryToFlySomeday

Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:04 pm

AA announcing PHL-CMN! It’s exciting!
    Pakistan's aviation sector is coming back. It won't be as strong as our eastern neighbor, nowhere close, but it's going to grow over time. Stand by and watch.

Born to Pakistani parents near ORD; raised and based near ORD.

JonNYC

Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:58 pm

TryToFlySomeday wrote:
    AA announcing PHL-CMN! It’s exciting!

Needless to say, if people didn't already half-expect it by now (due exclusively to my reporting on it,) it would be an absolute BLOCKBUSTER.

Over the many months, it became part of the background texture of things, having come a LONG way from when I first told the world exclusively of the possibility:
    https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/1048 ... 12897?s=20

Seemed crazy back then, now people treat it as a yawn.

Pretty much same for TLV.

zkojq

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:18 pm

incitatus wrote:
    gregn21 wrote:
    What about LAX-Europe? LH/UA have no competition in Germany now that AirBerlin is gone and AF/DL all but have a monopoly on CDG. Seems like there would be some room for Euro growth in a market as large as LAX.

As a seasonal route, instead of LAX-CDG which has a lot of service, LAX-NCE seems a lot more attractive.

LAX-NCE would be an excellent route. I'm surprised noone flies it already.
    First to fly the 787-9

dcajet

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:36 pm

Jo8338 wrote:

MIA -TLV would have made much more sense for both EZE confections and a response to LY.

Flying to Israel from Argentina via the US is way, way longer and makes almost no sense, unless the tickets are dirt cheap. It is much faster via MAD, BCN, FCO, IST, GRU or ADD, the latter via the new kid on the block at EZE, ET.
    "Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"

sagechan

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:46 pm

So for the second part/TPAC announcements, thoughts?
    My guesses for AA * is what I think will actually be announced

LAX-MEL* very likely
    LAX-BNE possible, depends on if QF needs frames
    LAX-AKL*- return to year round or very short no-fly season
    LAX-CHC*- seasonal
    LAX-NRT - dropped
    LAX-PPT - seasonal (unlikely or XLR in a few years)
    DFW-AKL* - seasonal
    DFW-KIX - low chance but possible
    DFW-NRT*- 1 cancelled
    ORD-NRT* - cancelled, JL goes 2x daily
    LAS-NRT or LAS-HND on JL
    717, 733, 734, 738, 744, 752, 763, 772, 77W, 789, A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A359, MD88, CRJ, CR7, CR9, DH1, DH2, DH3, S340, ER4, E170, E175, E190/CO, NW, US, AC, NH, AA, UA, DL, WN, WS, SK, VY, LA, QF, AR, AV, MH, KA

Ishrion

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:50 pm

sagechan wrote:

LAX-MEL* very likely
    LAX-CHC*- seasonal
    LAX-NRT - dropped
    DFW-AKL* - seasonal
    DFW-NRT*- 1 cancelled
    LAS-NRT or LAS-HND on JL

Can’t wait for DFW-PPT on the XLR... surprised me that it’s “in range”.

sagechan

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:57 pm

Ishrion wrote:
    sagechan wrote:

LAX-MEL* very likely
    LAX-CHC*- seasonal
    LAX-NRT - dropped
    DFW-AKL* - seasonal
    DFW-NRT*- 1 cancelled
    LAS-NRT or LAS-HND on JL

Can’t wait for DFW-PPT on the XLR... surprised me that it’s “in range”.

I guess it does squeeze into range from DFW as well. Just see it as a LAX route. Be surprised if the XLR doesn't do quite a few domestic Transcons to LAX and it's doesn't take much to run a daily down to PPT. LAX is already an A320 crew base anyway.
    717, 733, 734, 738, 744, 752, 763, 772, 77W, 789, A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A359, MD88, CRJ, CR7, CR9, DH1, DH2, DH3, S340, ER4, E170, E175, E190/CO, NW, US, AC, NH, AA, UA, DL, WN, WS, SK, VY, LA, QF, AR, AV, MH, KA

aemoreira1981

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:58 pm

OmerMaz wrote:
    DFW-TLV? And I thought we'll never see AA again in here ("The lawsuit", codesharing with LY, etc, etc...)
    It seems to me that they want to fight UA head on when it comes to connetions in NA.

Yeah, kinda late in respons but that's a shocker for me.

Anyway, congrats to AA! I'm pretty sure it'll benefit both American and Israeli travelers alike.

In an attempt to sustain the state’s anti-Boycott Divestment Sanction law, the Texas AG noted that Israel is their fourth largest trading partner. Thus, there is somewhat of a business case for DFW-TLV, but the B789 at AA, unlike at UA, isn’t premium heavy. It would make more sense to resurrect the route from PHL.

As for PHL-CMN, that’s connecting with future oneworld partner AT, although that B752 will struggle.

onwFan

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:59 pm

sagechan wrote:

LAX-MEL* very likely
    LAX-CHC*- seasonal
    LAX-NRT - dropped
    DFW-AKL* - seasonal
    DFW-NRT*- 1 cancelled
    LAS-NRT or LAS-HND on JL

I don’t think AA would drop their DFW-NRT flight. Although that being their only NRT route is also not good news, unless they are launching a flight from another hub.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos