sagechan

Re: Updated: American Airlines Increases International Presence, Makes First Entrance Into Africa

Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:09 am

onwFan wrote:

I don’t think AA would drop their DFW-NRT flight. Although that being their only NRT route is also not good news, unless they are launching a flight from another hub.

I'm honestly not sure what is going to be with NRT. I'm list 1 of the NRT flights cancelled (and moved to HND.) Whether AA keeps LAX (I'm assuming no) or adds another destination (my LAS suggestion) is the interesting part.

Moving the NRT flights from DFW & LAX to HND would leave AA with 10x weekly frequencies under current schedule at NRT. If they drop ORD down to 1 daily NRT from DFW. They could keep that, drop that, keep LAX/DFW, or add a city or drop NRT. Lots of options there with that only moves a couple of frames around.
717, 733, 734, 738, 744, 752, 763, 772, 77W, 789, A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A359, MD88, CRJ, CR7, CR9, DH1, DH2, DH3, S340, ER4, E170, E175, E190/CO, NW, US, AC, NH, AA, UA, DL, WN, WS, SK, VY, LA, QF, AR, AV, MH, KA

mfe777

Re: Updated: American Airlines Increases International Presence, Makes First Entrance Into Africa

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:07 am

Ishrion wrote:
x1234 wrote:
SurlyBonds, I can't find it right now but someone posted the Asia PDEW numbers for MIA/FLL/PBI and MIA/FLL/PBI-NRT/HND is 25-30 passengers daily. That's NOT enough for a non-stop flight. I should correct myself and say it's not there's no market, there's no market for a NON-STOP flight. Heck even MCO has higher PDEW to Tokyo with all the Japanese Mickey tourism. PLUS all the Latin business capitals are now served from LAX & DFW with LATAM code-shares too with the only exception of PTY but that market is *A dominate (and COPA already flies PTY-SFO/LAX).

Again, why don’t you quote them instead of saying their name?

Looks like I’ve gotta repeat myself.

DFW-TYO has a PDEW of 60, yet it has 3 daily flights.

There might not be a demand in local market, however, the possible connections from MIA are valuable.

To be clear that PDEW number for DFW-TYO was from 2014/2015, before JAL returned, before Toyota relocated their American HQ to DFW, before many Toyota related Japanese firms followed, and before an additional 500,000+ residents, many Asian immigrants, moved to the DFW area. I would not be surprised if DFW-TYO PDEW has increased significantly since 2014.

More importantly, what is the ratio of the business/first passenger demand to TYO from DFW versus MIA?

TTailedTiger

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:23 am

Yawn. Boring. Why wouldn't they try MIA-JNB and give DL some competition?

onwFan

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:49 am

sagechan wrote:
onwFan wrote:

I don’t think AA would drop their DFW-NRT flight. Although that being their only NRT route is also not good news, unless they are launching a flight from another hub.

I'm honestly not sure what is going to be with NRT. I'm list 1 of the NRT flights cancelled (and moved to HND.) Whether AA keeps LAX (I'm assuming no) or adds another destination (my LAS suggestion) is the interesting part.

Moving the NRT flights from DFW & LAX to HND would leave AA with 10x weekly frequencies under current schedule at NRT. If they drop ORD down to 1 daily NRT from DFW. They could keep that, drop that, keep LAX/DFW, or add a city or drop NRT. Lots of options there with that only moves a couple of frames around.

(If I may dare to say) Actually, AA could also just hold on to NRT for a year or two when (yeah, not ‘if’) DL drops MSP-HND and/or one other route... I don’t see DL succeeding in convincing the DOT to move their HND slots to another destination (if AA requests one). My prediction is that MSP-HND withdrawal would be coupled to SLC-ICN launch.

Atlwarrior

Re: Rumor: American to make huge announcement

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:16 am

Jo8338 wrote:
727LOVER wrote:
millionsofmiles wrote:

NO. AA bought TWA’s LHR route authorities. AA did not buy any Pan Am LHR routes. UA bought Pan Am’s LHR routes but only retained MIA-LHR temporarily.

CORRECT....and also, DL did not buy Pan Am, they purchased Pan Am's Atlantic division. The bulk of MIA went to UA

Anyway, looks like MIA didn't get anything anyway....as least from this round. Perhaps next week.

MIA -TLV would have made much more sense for both EZE confections and a response to LY.

I think with Dallas large mega-churches presence, the Tel Aviv flight to probably makes more sense for travel to Jerusalem.

HPAEAA

Re: Rumor: American to make huge announcement

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:44 am

mfe777 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
x1234 wrote:
SurlyBonds, I can't find it right now but someone posted the Asia PDEW numbers for MIA/FLL/PBI and MIA/FLL/PBI-NRT/HND is 25-30 passengers daily. That's NOT enough for a non-stop flight. I should correct myself and say it's not there's no market, there's no market for a NON-STOP flight. Heck even MCO has higher PDEW to Tokyo with all the Japanese Mickey tourism. PLUS all the Latin business capitals are now served from LAX & DFW with LATAM code-shares too with the only exception of PTY but that market is *A dominate (and COPA already flies PTY-SFO/LAX).

There might not be a demand in local market, however, the possible connections from MIA are valuable.

To be clear that PDEW number for DFW-TYO was from 2014/2015, before JAL returned, before Toyota relocated their American HQ to DFW, before many Toyota related Japanese firms followed, and before an additional 500,000+ residents, many Asian immigrants, moved to the DFW area. I would not be surprised if DFW-TYO PDEW has increased significantly since 2014.

More importantly, what is the ratio of the business/first passenger demand to TYO from DFW versus MIA?

I think it will really boil down to the slot timings, Last time I went through NRT the connections had great timing and transiting between AA/JAL was seamless, I’ve transited HND as well with AA, the inbound worked ok but on return, all the options at HMD featured a day layover (unless you went to NRT)... I know the timings have gotten better, but for HND really have the same connection options at this point? DFW & ORD probably rely on this pretty heavily.

Atlwarrior wrote:
Jo8338 wrote:
727LOVER wrote:

CORRECT....and also, DL did not buy Pan Am, they purchased Pan Am's Atlantic division. The bulk of MIA went to UA

Anyway, looks like MIA didn't get anything anyway....as least from this round. Perhaps next week.

MIA -TLV would have made much more sense for both EZE confections and a response to LY.

I think with Dallas large mega-churches presence, the Tel Aviv flight to probably makes more sense for travel to Jerusalem.

DFW is probably the right experiment for AA with TLV, they have no competition in the region and they can convert a lot of 2 connection trips to single connection trips as a result (most traffic currently flows over LHR with BA), assuming this goes well, we probably could see increased service/additional hubs in 2021... Keep in mind Most if South America is in recovery at this point from an economic downturn, it maybe a couple years before they’ve fully recovered.
1.4mm and counting...

Super88

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:44 am

AA will be flying to TLV from DFW and another city, Casablanca in Africa, not sure what city and service to Poland will begin, not sure of city

ctrabs0114

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:25 am

x1234 wrote:
Only UA is successful in TPE because of the software powerhouse of Silicon Valley and the hardware powerhouse of Taiwan (its Silicon Island after all) with business from the likes of TSMC, Intel and all the Taiwanese computer OEMs like ASUS and Foxconn. DFW-TPE maybe successful due to the high tech nature of Dallas but there is already IAH-TPE so I don't know how successful it will be (and Dell in Austin, the main user of the flight is a drive away from IAH for the EVA Air flight).

Then again, it's not a significantly major difference in driving time between Dell's HQ in Round Rock and DFW (2:55 via I-35/35W) compared to Dell HQ to IAH (2:45 via US 290). AA could grab some of that traffic for a hypothetical DFW-TPE flight from UA's IAH-TPE flight on top of the high tech industry around North Texas.
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW, SAT, ORD, SLC, SEA, DTW; B73G (WN x3), B738 (WN, AA, DL), A20N (NK), MD83 (AA), B788 (AA x2), CS1 (DL), 739 (DL), 712 (DL)
Next: AA: DFW-PHL (752), PHL-MIA (763), MIA-LAX (77W), LAX-DFW (789)

FSDan

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:48 am

Ishrion wrote:
x1234 wrote:
I can't find it right now but someone posted the Asia PDEW numbers for MIA/FLL/PBI and MIA/FLL/PBI-NRT/HND is 25-30 passengers daily. That's NOT enough for a non-stop flight. I should correct myself and say it's not there's no market, there's no market for a NON-STOP flight.

The possible connections on the NRT end could be just as valuable. I believe I remember hearing that MNL, TPE, and HKG are the biggest Far East markets from MIA, with HKG being more premium and the other two being higher-volume. If timed correctly, I think a flight that could serve all three of those markets with a seamless one-stop itinerary could do well.

That said, I'm not sure whether MIA or PHL would be higher priority for a nonstop to East Asia.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

FSDan

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:54 am

TTailedTiger wrote:

Boring? Do you remember the AA of 10 years ago? If you had told me back then that AA would be serving CMN, KRK, PRG, BUD, and DBV, I wouldn't have believed you...

LAXdude1023

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:55 am

ctrabs0114 wrote:
x1234 wrote:
Only UA is successful in TPE because of the software powerhouse of Silicon Valley and the hardware powerhouse of Taiwan (its Silicon Island after all) with business from the likes of TSMC, Intel and all the Taiwanese computer OEMs like ASUS and Foxconn. DFW-TPE maybe successful due to the high tech nature of Dallas but there is already IAH-TPE so I don't know how successful it will be (and Dell in Austin, the main user of the flight is a drive away from IAH for the EVA Air flight).

Then again, it's not a significantly major difference in driving time between Dell's HQ in Round Rock and DFW (2:55 via I-35/35W) compared to Dell HQ to IAH (2:45 via US 290). AA could grab some of that traffic for a hypothetical DFW-TPE flight from UA's IAH-TPE flight on top of the high tech industry around North Texas.

DFW nor AUS or even IAH are that big to TPE itself. IAH-TPE exists to feed Southeast Asia.
Religion is the root of evil...

LAXdude1023

Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:03 am

mfe777 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
x1234 wrote:

Yes its higher, but not what Id call significant. The below is from 2018:

https://i.imgur.com/Wr8QKdm.png

FSDan

Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:12 am

onwFan wrote:
sagechan wrote:
So for the second part/TPAC announcements, thoughts?
My guesses for AA * is what I think will actually be announced

LAX-MEL* very likely
LAX-BNE possible, depends on if QF needs frames
LAX-AKL*- return to year round or very short no-fly season
LAX-CHC*- seasonal
LAX-NRT - dropped
LAX-PPT - seasonal (unlikely or XLR in a few years)
DFW-AKL* - seasonal
DFW-KIX - low chance but possible
DFW-NRT*- 1 cancelled
ORD-NRT* - cancelled, JL goes 2x daily
LAS-NRT or LAS-HND on JL

Note that sagechan only suggested they'll drop one of their existing 2x daily DFW-NRT flights, but I don't think it's out of the question that AA would drop NRT altogether (although that's also far from a certainty). In the video, Vasu made a passing comment about continuing to de-emphasize ORD as a transpac hub, which probably means cutting their remaining 3x weekly ORD-NRT flight. I think that makes perfect sense for AA if JL keeps their existing daily ORD-NRT and starts up ORD-HND with one of their new HND frequencies. At LAX, it also seems reasonable for AA to drop their NRT flight and let JL serve LAX-NRT while AA flies 2x daily LAX-HND.

At DFW I think AA will definitely cut one of their NRT flights in favor of moving it to HND (no way DFW needs 4x daily TYO flights!). That would leave AA with 1x daily flight at NRT and 3x daily at HND. Here's where I could see things going one of a few different ways:
    1) If AA has TYO flights from other U.S. hubs on the radar (MIA, PHL, or maybe even PHX), I could see them keeping NRT open. A flight from one of those hubs to TYO would probably do better at NRT due to the broader array of onward international connections, and their relatively smaller Japan O&D.
    2) If AA doesn't plan on connecting any more hubs to TYO in the near future, I could see them bailing on NRT entirely and possibly moving that flight to either DFW-NGO or DFW-KIX.

OmerMaz

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:51 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:
OmerMaz wrote:
DFW-TLV? And I thought we'll never see AA again in here ("The lawsuit", codesharing with LY, etc, etc...)
It seems to me that they want to fight UA head on when it comes to connetions in NA.

Yeah, kinda late in respons but that's a shocker for me.

Anyway, congrats to AA! I'm pretty sure it'll benefit both American and Israeli travelers alike.

In an attempt to sustain the state’s anti-Boycott Divestment Sanction law, the Texas AG noted that Israel is their fourth largest trading partner. Thus, there is somewhat of a business case for DFW-TLV, but the B789 at AA, unlike at UA, isn’t premium heavy. It would make more sense to resurrect the route from PHL.

It's better to start this route "slowly but surely", if things work out well, it might be even upgauged to a 77W.
The same happened with UA's SFO-TLV, it began as aweekly service on a 788, and now it's daily 77W.

golfingboy

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:28 am

I think AA will maintain 1x daily frequency to NRT. JL's Asia network is weak outside of Japan/Korea and doesn't have a huge connecting network relative to their Asian competitors.

TYO (JL) for Japan/Korea/Taiwan/Phillipines
HKG (CX) for SE Asia, India, and certain Chinese destinations
PKX (CZ) for China and some SE Asia destinations

So AA can really make their TYO focus more about US-Japan. Moving NRT to HND makes a lot of sense.

redwingspilot

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:25 pm

FSDan wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Boring? Do you remember the AA of 10 years ago? If you had told me back then that AA would be serving CMN, KRK, PRG, BUD, and DBV, I wouldn't have believed you...

Also the VP of Network Planning has said time and time again that economics of that flight with the aircraft AA has is not worth it. DL makes it work having the 777-200LR, while yes AA has the 787 and 777-300, their view is that the aircraft is better served elsewhere. Flying to JNB/CPT you're limited to pretty much the O&D of those destinations with a little bit of connecting within South Africa on Comair, whilst CMN they're viewing it as the gateway to Africa by partnering with RAM.

guccio

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:38 pm

But it will stop flying to Bolivia since November!

ABEguy

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:55 pm

Someone posted on here earlier, and I agree. If delta announced another route to AMS in 767, everyone on here would be celebrating how innovative they are. AA announces Africa, more secondary cities in Europe, and more to come next week in Australia and NZ, and it’s boring. Sounds good.

Detroit313

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:03 pm

ABEguy wrote:
Someone posted on here earlier, and I agree. If delta announced another route to AMS in 767, everyone on here would be celebrating how innovative they are. AA announces Africa, more secondary cities in Europe, and more to come next week in Australia and NZ, and it’s boring. Sounds good.

And on beautiful 787s pretty much all of AA's new routes. Not 767s and 330s like DL's most international routes.

Not to mention that a lot of those new routes are not served by any other US airline.

Also, I can only imagine the backlash on here if AA did not serve places like Hong Kong and New Zealand at all like DL doesn't.

To me, not serving Hong Kong, Asia's London and New York, is rather embarrassing.

But this forum never fails to surprise us so...

ABEguy

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:09 pm

Detroit313 wrote:
ABEguy wrote:

And on beautiful 787s pretty much all of AA's new routes. Not 767s and 330s like DL's most international routes.

Not to mention that a lot of those new routes are not served by any other US airline.

Also, I can only imagine the backlash on here if AA did not serve places like Hong Kong and New Zealand at all like DL doesn't.

To me, not serving Hong Kong, Asia's London and New York, is rather embarrassing.

Exactly. And let’s not forget how AA is stuffing people into an a321 like sardines with the 190 seat oasis retrofit, while deltas a321 is roomier with 192 seats and the limiting recline recently announced.

Ishrion

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:17 pm

ABEguy wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:
ABEguy wrote:

Exactly. And let’s not forget how AA is stuffing people into an a321 like sardines with the 190 seat oasis retrofit, while deltas a321 is roomier with 192 seats and the limiting recline recently announced.

Thought DL’s A321s has 189 seats?

Not a big difference, anyways. I thought people were more mad at AA for opting for BYOD rather than IFEs, while Delta’s A321 features IFEs.

BuildingMyBento

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:31 pm

Amused by CMN, Unsurprised by KRK/PRG, Disturbed by TLV.

Wondering if AA would start BOS-NRT (I reckon JL is doing well on that route)?

Detroit313

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:31 pm

Ishrion wrote:
ABEguy wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:

Not a big difference, anyways. I thought people were more mad at AA for opting for BYOD rather than IFEs, while Delta’s A321 features IFEs.

No, Delta's 321 is going to have 3 more seats than AA's even after AA is done with the Oasis reconfiguration.

At the moment DL's has like 12 more seats than legacy AA and 6 more seats than legacy US 321s.

dmstorm22

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:33 pm

ABEguy wrote:

While I don't fully agree, it is interesting that people get way more excited about a secondary city in the US getting TATL service than a US airline starting a route from a hub to a secondary EU or Asian city.

chepos

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:36 pm

BuildingMyBento wrote:
Amused by CMN, Unsurprised by KRK/PRG, Disturbed by TLV.

Wondering if AA would start BOS-NRT (I reckon JL is doing well on that route)?

Why would AA start BOS NRT???
1.) BOS, not an AA huh
2.) AA’s JV partner already operates the route, if more frequency is needed JL would operate the route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

chepos

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:44 pm

dmstorm22 wrote:
ABEguy wrote:

While I don't fully agree, it is interesting that people get way more excited about a secondary city in the US getting TATL service than a US airline starting a route from a hub to a secondary EU or Asian city.

Let’s clarify,

If it is DL adding secondary US to CDG/AMS people on this site are ecstatic,

If it would be AA or UA it would lead to complains and outrage. Case in point, you hear some of our RDU fan boys complain that AA should hand the route to BA or just let DL operate it on a 757 or 767, just because.

Fly the Flag!!!!

FSDan

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:15 pm

Detroit313 wrote:
ABEguy wrote:

I don't know where you've been recently, but DL's received plenty of backlash for not serving HKG... Also, DL's the only one of the US3 that is routinely accused of "only flying to partner hubs" despite the many unique destinations they serve such as JNB, LOS, ACC, PDL, AGP, NCE, DUS, STR, NGO, and MNL.

Maybe I just see all this because I don't have a vested interest in any one of the US3, and thus can equally enjoy cool route adds by any of them. To me, ORD-PRG and PHL-CMN on AA are really cool, EWR-CPT and SFO-MEL on UA are really cool, BOS-EDI and JFK-BOM on DL are really cool. Why can't we all just enjoy commercial aviation during this boom time?

onwFan

Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:29 pm

FSDan wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:
ABEguy wrote:

I don't know where you've been recently, but DL's received plenty of backlash for not serving HKG... Also, DL's the only one of the US3 that is routinely accused of "only flying to partner hubs" despite the many unique destinations they serve such as JNB, LOS, ACC, PDL, AGP, NCE, DUS, STR, NGO, and MNL.

Maybe I just see all this because I don't have a vested interest in any one of the US3, and thus can equally enjoy cool route adds by any of them. To me, ORD-PRG and PHL-CMN on AA are really cool, EWR-CPT and SFO-MEL on UA are really cool, BOS-EDI and JFK-BOM on DL are really cool. Why can't we all just enjoy commercial aviation during this boom time?

Haha...sure. It is not all black and white. For example, AA is expanding from fortress hubs emphasizing on how they can connect so many destinations 1-stop. But given their recent on-time performance, it is highly unlikely that any of these connections have even the slightest chance of being actually made :P :P :P.

That being said, I honestly think AA announcing seasonal service to Eastern Europe and CMN and slowly thinking about expanding the season dates is far more "huge" than DL announcing another year-round flight into CDG or AMS only to make it seasonal after 6 months (for which fans have huge justifications :P).

BOS-LIS was a good add by DL. But I am not sure if DL can make BOS-FRA/MUC/ZRH work. Will be interesting to see what DL adds out of BOS next summer.

MIflyer12

Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:46 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:

Jack Welch answered that a long time ago. https://www.inc.com/erik-sherman/think- ... e-not.html

Some destinations aren't going to have demand to support multiple (US) carriers. One might think CMN to be one; AA's flight will likely preclude service by AA from EWR or DL from JFK (with NYC already seeing plenty of flights from Royal Air Maroc).

JNB takes ULH aircraft from any point in the U.S. ATL has big advantages in frequency and origin count in the U.S. vs. MIA. DL has operated ATL-JNB successfully for a decade with the 77L.

RainerBoeing777

Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:35 pm

onwFan wrote:
FSDan wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:

Haha...sure. It is not all black and white. For example, AA is expanding from fortress hubs emphasizing on how they can connect so many destinations 1-stop. But given their recent on-time performance, it is highly unlikely that any of these connections have even the slightest chance of being actually made :P :P :P.

That being said, I honestly think AA announcing seasonal service to Eastern Europe and CMN and slowly thinking about expanding the season dates is far more "huge" than DL announcing another year-round flight into CDG or AMS only to make it seasonal after 6 months (for which fans have huge justifications :P).

BOS-LIS was a good add by DL. But I am not sure if DL can make BOS-FRA/MUC/ZRH work. Will be interesting to see what DL adds out of BOS next summer.

I doubt that DL launches BOS-FRA / MUC / ZRH too much competition with Lufthansa and Swiss, if DL wants more European destinations from BOS the most likely would be FCO, MXP, BCN, MAN among others
CX - JL - LH - KE - KL - SQ - QR - QF - TG

jetsetter629

Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:42 pm

Here's what I don't understand from the whole concept of flying to CMN to code share with AT on West Africa routes...ALL of their flights to region (DSS, LOS, NIM, ABJ, etc) depart between 10 pm and 12 am. So unless the plan on flying a daylight flight eastbound, there will be LONG connections to the rest of the continent.

Ishrion

Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:49 pm

Detroit313 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
ABEguy wrote:

No, Delta's 321 is going to have 3 more seats than AA's even after AA is done with the Oasis reconfiguration.

At the moment DL's has like 12 more seats than legacy AA and 6 more seats than legacy US 321s.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/aircraft/airbus/a321

Delta's website shows a 189 and 191 seat configuration?

x1234

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:00 pm

What AA can do in the meantime is codeshare on Royal Air Maroc's JFK, IAD, BOS & MIA flights to Casablanca for now and connections further into the African continent.

LAXdude1023

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:33 pm

Ishrion wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
ctrabs0114 wrote:

DFW nor AUS or even IAH are that big to TPE itself. IAH-TPE exists to feed Southeast Asia.

https://www.anna.aero/2018/03/07/dallas ... -searches/

That doesnt really mean anything. Its still around 35 PDEW.

gregn21

Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:24 am

Is there a set date for the announcement of the second round of this announcement?

HPAEAA

Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:37 am

Ishrion wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

https://www.delta.com/us/en/aircraft/airbus/a321

Delta's website shows a 189 and 191 seat configuration?

Delta originally had a plan to have more seats that AA however they quickly backtracked a few years ago based on customer & FA feedback, here’s one article: https://onemileatatime.com/delta-removing-seats/
1.4mm and counting...

Ishrion

Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:38 am

gregn21 wrote:
Is there a set date for the announcement of the second round of this announcement?

Willing to bet it'll be either Tuesday or Thursday. I believe that's when every route announcement by AA has been released.

Detroit313

Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:51 am

So, the new routes to Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic are until the end of October according to the press release.

Does anyone know if Athens from ORD has been extended to include October too in 2020? It ends at the end of September this year. There is nothing about the length of seasons of other routes in the press release other than the new ones.

I would think if the brand new ones are until the end of October then Athens would be too considering how well it's been doing. It would be nice to have an official confirmation though.

parrotta

Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:41 pm

FSDan wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

AA served BUD for a while daily JFK flights in 2010-12 to feed Malevs network in OneWorld.

chepos

Updated: American Airlines Increases International Presence, Makes First Entrance Into Africa

Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:05 pm

parrotta wrote:
FSDan wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

AA served BUD for a while daily JFK flights in 2010-12 to feed Malevs network in OneWorld.

AA first launched BUD on April 2011, I believe it intended to operate year round. After launching service it was made seasonal. When Malev went belly up early in 2012 AA decided to not return. DL flew JFK-BUD during that time as well.

Fly the Flag!!!!

NWADTWE16

Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:37 pm

Would anyone mind summarizing what "actual" was announced and why two parts? I cant read nine pages of arguing and would truly like to know
I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list!

sagechan

Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:39 pm

NWADTWE16 wrote:
Would anyone mind summarizing what "actual" was announced and why two parts? I cant read nine pages of arguing and would truly like to know

New service
PHL-CMN 3x weekly, seasonal 757
DFW-TLV 3x weekly, year round 789
ORD-KRK 5x weekly, seasonal 788

New routes
ORD-PRG 5x weekly, seasonal 788
ORD-BUD 4x weekly, seasoanl 788
PHL-KEF daily, seasonal 757

Increases frequency
PHL-DBV - daily
PHL-TXL - daily

Cancelled
PHL-BLQ
DFW-KEF
717, 733, 734, 738, 744, 752, 763, 772, 77W, 789, A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A359, MD88, CRJ, CR7, CR9, DH1, DH2, DH3, S340, ER4, E170, E175, E190/CO, NW, US, AC, NH, AA, UA, DL, WN, WS, SK, VY, LA, QF, AR, AV, MH, KA

Varsity1

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:17 pm

PHL-KEF could be a 737 or A320. A lot less resource 'intense' than DFW or CLT,
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

ckfred

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:29 pm

AMollenhauer9 wrote:
ckfred wrote:
After reading all of the comments about Doug Parker, the question I have is whether the unions now regret supporting Parker and his efforts to have US buy AA out of bankruptcy. Any thoughts? Of course, the unions initially like every AA CEO, grew to dislike him strongly, then missed him when the next CEO started to irritate them.

That said, what would be surprising (in a good way) would be AA trying to rebuild ORD as a major year-round gateway to Europe. Frankly, that probably won't happen until the new Terminal 2 is built at ORD, to handle international traffic for UA and AA.

American used to fly to Paris and Manchester year round and couldn't make it work. Gate space is not the issue in the winter time.

The gate space issue is with arrivals at Terminal 5. Knowing the City of Chicago, the expansion of Terminal 5 will give priority to new carriers or to carriers wanting to add service to cities never before served from Chicago. So, for AA to get arrival gates, once the expansion is completed, it would have add routes from cities it has not previously served from ORD.

sagechan

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:54 pm

Varsity1 wrote:

KEF is apparently included in the JV with IAG/AY, therefore requires lie flat seats.

Varsity1

Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:51 pm

sagechan wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:

KEF is apparently included in the JV with IAG/AY, therefore requires lie flat seats.

The only option then seems to be an A321T or 757..
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

NWADTWE16

Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:19 am

sagechan wrote:
NWADTWE16 wrote:

New service

New routes

Increases frequency
PHL-DBV - daily
PHL-TXL - daily

Cancelled
PHL-BLQ
DFW-KEF

Thank you kindly =-)

I thought this was going to be a Yuuuuge announcement? oh well, moving along
I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list!

Ishrion

Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:37 am

NWADTWE16 wrote:
sagechan wrote:
NWADTWE16 wrote:

New service

New routes

Increases frequency
PHL-DBV - daily
PHL-TXL - daily

Cancelled
PHL-BLQ
DFW-KEF

Thank you kindly =-)

Aaaaaand gotta say this again.

For starters, this route announcement is divided into two. One will be next week.

In my opinion, this is a huge announcement.
AA's finally going to fly into the 6th continent, Africa.
AA will be the only U.S. carrier serving Poland.
AA finally returns to Israel.
AA adds more capacity to PRG/BUD.
AA finally moves its KEF flight to a better location.
AA cancels BLQ, which never made much sense.
AA increases DBV/TXL to daily which is great.

Mboyle1988

Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:38 pm

NWADTWE16 wrote:
sagechan wrote:
NWADTWE16 wrote:

New service

New routes

Increases frequency
PHL-DBV - daily
PHL-TXL - daily

Cancelled
PHL-BLQ
DFW-KEF

Thank you kindly =-)

What exactly would constitute a huge announcement in your mind? I think three new destinations and six new routes is pretty big.

ABEguy

Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:12 pm

Mboyle1988 wrote:
NWADTWE16 wrote:
sagechan wrote:

New service

New routes

Increases frequency
PHL-DBV - daily
PHL-TXL - daily

Cancelled
PHL-BLQ
DFW-KEF

Thank you kindly =-)

What exactly would constitute a huge announcement in your mind? I think three new destinations and six new routes is pretty big.

Delta starting 757 service from CLE-CDG probably.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos