Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TWA772LR
Topic Author

Future of Boutique?

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:50 am

Boutique Air is an interesting outfit in the US airline industry. I've heard it's a fun place to work and a great for in the door for employment in the industry.

For a while they have been carving out their niche for business travel using FBOs as well as EAS markets. Their codeshare arrangement with United is a huge step for them to grow and definitely increase cash flow.

But what about the future? Will they remain part 135? Invest in jets? Team up with SpaceX for suborbital flights to the other side of the world for the ultimate moonshot (ba dum tiss)? Kidding on the last one!

Personally, I'd like to see them become a kind of United Connection providing more p2p service between UA hubs and small cities while hitting mid size cities in between; just for example ORD-Paducah-MEM-El Dorado, AK-IAH, or LAX-Yuma-LAS-TEX-DEN. And it would be cool to see the globe on a PC12.

Any insight/thoughts?
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

Gulfstream500

Re: Future of Boutique?

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:19 pm

Boutique has some point to point stopping in EAS destinations, which can be cheaper than the big guys. People may begin to take these routes simply because it’s cheap first class.
So... when will the Northwest DC-9s be retired?

WN732

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:40 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
Boutique Air is an interesting outfit in the US airline industry. I've heard it's a fun place to work and a great for in the door for employment in the industry.

For a while they have been carving out their niche for business travel using FBOs as well as EAS markets. Their codeshare arrangement with United is a huge step for them to grow and definitely increase cash flow.

But what about the future? Will they remain part 135? Invest in jets? Team up with SpaceX for suborbital flights to the other side of the world for the ultimate moonshot (ba dum tiss)? Kidding on the last one!

Personally, I'd like to see them become a kind of United Connection providing more p2p service between UA hubs and small cities while hitting mid size cities in between; just for example ORD-Paducah-MEM-El Dorado, AK-IAH, or LAX-Yuma-LAS-TEX-DEN. And it would be cool to see the globe on a PC12.

Any insight/thoughts?

I absolutely love Boutique. I've done their MCE-LAX and MCE-OAK flights and they were always 100% full. (I know that means nothing $ wise.) Although the PC12 is technically small, it is definitely one of the most comfortable rides I've been on. I hope that they can gain more momentum in Central CA. There are many markets left behind since the Great Lakes days, that could use them. They have smaller aircraft that are cheaper to operate, which could make it viable.

SyracuseAvGeek

Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:08 am

What does everyone see for the future of Boutique?
- They are currently bidding for around 4-5 EAS cities

- They are ending two cities (Clovis, NM and Thief River Fall, MN) as they lost both of those contracts to Denver Air Connection.

- Clovis, NM was the first EAS city the airline was awarded back in 2014, sad to see it go to someone else

- Their partnership with UA continues and to some degree they have one now with AA.
"I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list."

32andBelow

Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:22 am

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:
What does everyone see for the future of Boutique?
- They are currently bidding for around 4-5 EAS cities

- They are ending two cities (Clovis, NM and Thief River Fall, MN) as they lost both of those contracts to Denver Air Connection.

- Clovis, NM was the first EAS city the airline was awarded back in 2014, sad to see it go to someone else

- Their partnership with UA continues and to some degree they have one now with AA.

There’s going to be a lot of flying available in Alaska after the rona is over

lightsaber

Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:45 am

Please start a new thread if a thread goes stale for 6+ months.
Winter is coming.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos