Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

freakyrat

Re: SRQ new service announcement Aug 13

Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:05 pm

SRQLOT wrote:
Some 8 new seasonal routes! Congrats SRQ!! But again no real option for anyone in Chicago. For me Bloomington Illinois would have been a jackpot an hour+ away from my home in Plainfield, if anything maybe could have taken the Amtrak from Bloomington but again nope.

Des Moines, Iowa; Flint, Michigan; Fort Wayne, Indiana; Knoxville, Tennessee; Louisville, Kentucky; Rockford, Illinois; St. Louis, Missouri; and South Bend, Indiana.

https://www.sarasotapost.com/business/2 ... egiant-air

Well we still have that Spirit announcement at some point lol

Cheaper parking at SBN and a lot less crowded than MDW or ORD. Better for people that live south of Chicago than in Plainfield.

drdisque

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:04 pm

SRQLOT wrote:
Some 8 new seasonal routes! Congrats SRQ!! But again no real option for anyone in Chicago. For me Bloomington Illinois would have been a jackpot an hour+ away from my home in Plainfield, if anything maybe could have taken the Amtrak from Bloomington but again nope.

Des Moines, Iowa; Flint, Michigan; Fort Wayne, Indiana; Knoxville, Tennessee; Louisville, Kentucky; Rockford, Illinois; St. Louis, Missouri; and South Bend, Indiana.

RFD, which is getting service, is about 20 miles closer to Plainfield than BMI.

Unless they change their mind about GYY, Allegiant will be serving Chicagoland from RFD and to a lesser extent, MKE, for the foreseeable future.

G4 is growing really fast in FNT as they opened it less than 2 years ago I think. SRQ will be the 5th Florida destination on G4 from FNT. I'm surprised they haven't tried LAS or IWA, but there are deeper connections between Southeast/Mid Michigan and Florida than the West.

drdisque

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:06 pm

My guesses made yesterday after SBN was announced:

SBN - already known
RFD - Correct
IAG - Incorrect
BLV - Correct
HTS - Incorrect
SWF - Incorrect

Honestly I would've hoped I'd do better than 2 of 5.

727LOVER
Topic Author

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:13 pm

For SRQ,

if DEN is returning...that's 38 destinations !
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

SRQLOT

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:16 pm

drdisque wrote:
SRQLOT wrote:

RFD, which is getting service, is about 20 miles closer to Plainfield than BMI.

Unless they change their mind about GYY, Allegiant will be serving Chicagoland from RFD and to a lesser extent, MKE, for the foreseeable future.

G4 is growing really fast in FNT as they opened it less than 2 years ago I think. SRQ will be the 5th Florida destination on G4 from FNT. I'm surprised they haven't tried LAS or IWA, but there are deeper connections between Southeast/Mid Michigan and Florida than the West.

Definitely true on the distance although by the time you account for traffic i can could get to Bloomington faster. Now for north part of Chicagoland that’s definitely the case, but even then it can be 2 hours with traffic. Same here in SRQ area. I can get to Tampa in 1 hour, 1:15-1:20 on the Howard Franklin Bridge if there is a backup (which most often it is) or almost same from I75 or I can go to Fort Myers which is 20 miles farther in about 1:15.
LO LH CL BA AZ WN UA DL AA B6 NK G4 F9
717 733/7/8/9/M8 744 752/3 763 788 319/20/21 332/3 M90 RJ85 CR9 Q400 E7/95 (PA28,152)

dfwjim1

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:52 pm

Slightly off topic but G4 really has the west coast of Florida well covered.

FWAERJ

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:17 pm

freakyrat wrote:
SRQLOT wrote:

Cheaper parking at SBN and a lot less crowded than MDW or ORD. Better for people that live south of Chicago than in Plainfield.

SBN is a better choice for those that live in Northwest Indiana than ORD or MDW, too, due to direct South Shore Line train access. Having lived in Chicago once upon a time, it beats the Dan Ryan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B721/722/731/732/733/735/73G/738/739/742/752/753/762/763, A300/319/320, DC-9/10, MD-82/83/88/90, ERJ-140/145, CRJ-200/700, Q200, SF340, AS350

Oceanic

Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:47 pm

What gate(s) does Allegiant use at SRQ? Sadly the arrivals/departures feature on SRQ's website no longer displays gate info :(

WeatherPilot

Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:17 pm

Oceanic wrote:
What gate(s) does Allegiant use at SRQ? Sadly the arrivals/departures feature on SRQ's website no longer displays gate info :(

G4 uses Gates 9 and 11 at SRQ.

stl07

Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:40 pm

Wonder if this sw Florida bulk up is to aid sunseekers resort?
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

dlatl37

Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:51 am

I think they made a mistake by adding PGD-MEM instead of SRQ-MEM... Delta flys so many from SRQ-ATL-MEM

Pellegrine

Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:39 am

As long as AA keeps the DCA flight on an ERJ with F I'm gucci.
We fly JETS, we don't fly donkeys.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos