SDUMIA
Topic Author

Azul awarded CGH slots

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:11 am

Azul was awarded slots in CGH and now will start SDU-CGH “ponte aérea” with 34 daily rotations.

This is awesome news. Glad to see an additional airline in this busy route now dominated by G3 and LA.

https://veja.abril.com.br/economia/azul ... s-diarias/

dcajet

Re: Azul awarded CGH slots

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:21 am

These are some of the slots held previously by Avianca Brasil, right?
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"

SDUMIA
Topic Author

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:52 am

dcajet wrote:
These are some of the slots held previously by Avianca Brasil, right?

Correct. They might also get additional slots in CGH if MAP or Passaredo, which were also awarded O6 slots, cannot meet operational requirements.

ITSTours

Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:20 am

Seventeen flights per direction? That is a huge start.

zkojq

Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:40 am

ITSTours wrote:

Indeed. Where will they get the aircraft for this?
First to fly the 787-9

Jomar777

Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:45 am

Checked their website.
Although it is great to have them on the Ponte Aerea, thier prices are quite high.
I am booked to fly LATAM between SDU and CGH for 1/2 of the price Azul is offering now. And I know GOL's tickets are not far off from LATAM's too too.

Pyrex

Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:35 pm

ITSTours wrote:

Yeah... I wonder if any airline anywhere in the world ever launched a new route with that much frequency / capacity right off the bat.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

dcajet

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:31 pm

Pyrex wrote:
ITSTours wrote:

Yeah... I wonder if any airline anywhere in the world ever launched a new route with that much frequency / capacity right off the bat.

CGH-GRU is one of the top routes in the world in terms of volume, and the most prestigious within Brazil. Azul is going to compete head to head with the incumbents JJ & G3. They just can't launch the route with a couple of daily flights.

gatibosgru

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:36 pm

Pyrex wrote:
ITSTours wrote:

It's hard to compare CGH-SDU to any other route in the world. There is plenty of demand between the 2 cities and Brazil's road and rail systems are not at all at a level to accomodate all of this traffic. Having 2 virtually downtown airports to connect these 2 hubs in less than an hour makes the "Air Bridge" sustainable, and that doesn't even include connecting traffic.
@DadCelo

Pyrex

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:38 pm

dcajet wrote:
Pyrex wrote:
ITSTours wrote:

CGH-GRU is one of the top routes in the world in terms of volume, and the most prestigious within Brazil. Azul is going to compete head to head with the incumbents JJ & G3. They just can't launch the route with a couple of daily flights.

I have flown the route a couple of times, and fully understand the unique circumstances here. Plus, you are effectively just replacing lost capacity in the route from the Denise of Avianca Brasil. Still, find the situation interesting.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

OA940

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:46 pm

Jeez that's a lot of capacity. I assume they're gonna keep some E1s for a while longer to be able to operate the route.
A350/CSeries = bae

runway23

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:55 pm

dcajet wrote:
Pyrex wrote:
ITSTours wrote:

I'm not sure there's a lot of air demand for CGH-GRU. CGH-SDU on the other hand...

dcajet

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:14 pm

runway23 wrote:
dcajet wrote:
Pyrex wrote:

I'm not sure there's a lot of air demand for CGH-GRU. CGH-SDU on the other hand...

Oops... still early in the AM in SFO! CGH-SDU indeed!

Rafabozzolla

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:27 pm

zkojq wrote:
ITSTours wrote:

The flight is quite short, and ground time minimal, so they won´t need many extra planes to operate the route. On top of that, and for the sake of frequency on the CGH-SDU market, they´re cacelling some flights to CWB and POA out of CGH, freeing up some planes.

SDUMIA
Topic Author

Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:22 am

Jomar777 wrote:
Checked their website.
Although it is great to have them on the Ponte Aerea, thier prices are quite high.
I am booked to fly LATAM between SDU and CGH for 1/2 of the price Azul is offering now. And I know GOL's tickets are not far off from LATAM's too too.

I booked last night SDU-CGH mid September. Paid R$ 186,00 (about US$ 46.00)with seat assignment and piece of checked luggage! That’s about 1/4 of what LA and G3 are charging for the same day and time. They also had promo for award ticket. 3,000 Tudo Azul points

Also, during August they will able to operate out of SDU with E195 on the auxiliary runway while the main runway is repaved. LA and G3 will transfer to GIG for over a month

Rafabozzolla

Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:50 pm

Rafabozzolla wrote:
zkojq wrote:
ITSTours wrote:

The flight is quite short, and ground time minimal, so they won´t need many extra planes to operate the route. On top of that, and for the sake of frequency on the CGH-SDU market, they´re cacelling some flights to CWB and POA out of CGH, freeing up some planes.

It´s been reported by the media that AD is effectively cancelling all flights between CGH and both POA/CWB in order to meet demand for the SDU operations.

Jomar777

Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:46 am

SDUMIA wrote:
Jomar777 wrote:
Checked their website.

I booked last night SDU-CGH mid September. Paid R$ 186,00 (about US$ 46.00)with seat assignment and piece of checked luggage! That’s about 1/4 of what LA and G3 are charging for the same day and time. They also had promo for award ticket. 3,000 Tudo Azul points

Also, during August they will able to operate out of SDU with E195 on the auxiliary runway while the main runway is repaved. LA and G3 will transfer to GIG for over a month

I have October2019 Flights. Because of the E2, I thought about booking with Azul and then cancelling my LATAM ones (despite I get good AVIOS from the flights).

Maybe their October prices are not as good then...

solracfunk14

Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:05 pm

Jomar777 wrote:
SDUMIA wrote:
Jomar777 wrote:
Checked their website.

I have October2019 Flights. Because of the E2, I thought about booking with Azul and then cancelling my LATAM ones (despite I get good AVIOS from the flights).

Maybe their October prices are not as good then...

E2 it`s not going to start the Ponte Aerea right in the beginning, don`t expect til december

ojjunior

Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:27 pm

For those wondering if there's demand for another player for CGH-SDU market:

http://www.discoveringsaopaulo.com/2012 ... t.html?m=1

Thibault973

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:31 pm

SDUMIA wrote:
Jomar777 wrote:
Checked their website.

They couldn’t have dreamt of a better way to start being the lone operator on the most premium route in the country for weeks ahaha, offering return at under 50$ at that !

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos