cledaybuck
Posts: 1539
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: UA to Tweak 737 MAX Order

Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:38 pm

nycbjr wrote:
TObound wrote:
You can really tell who in this thread has kids that they travel with.


This right here, with kids who wants to get a tablet out and connect and try and find something kid friendly, when you can just turn on live tv and have them watch nickelodeon!

I've done this several times, and it is no big deal. Of course, half the time he just wants to play the games that are on his ipad anyway (or if we are on G4 or F9, he doesn't have a choice).
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.
 
musman9853
Posts: 838
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 12:30 pm

Re: UA to Tweak 737 MAX Order

Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:28 pm

joeljack wrote:
musman9853 wrote:
767333ER wrote:
I don’t think you’ve ever had the chance to use an PTV newer than the ones from like 2007. The newest ones are HD and much bigger than 7”



Nah, I have. They're still awful compared to the QHD OLED panel in my pocket.


I know everybody is entitled to their own opinion but I completely disagree. I hate watch videos on my phone and never do it on a plane. Typically I would have a laptop in front of me and movie playing on the screen if there is one. Otherwise, I'm on my phone doing email and texting etc while watching something on a screen. If there isn't a screen, I just work. If there isn't wifi or a screen, I just sit there and it sucks.


Yeah, that's the difference between my generation and yours. I just got off a 16 hour flight. I was watching videos on my phone for 10, sleeping the rest. I completely ignored ek's Ife Right in front of me except to watch the landing and takeoff
Welcome to the City Beautiful.
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 1539
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: UA to Tweak 737 MAX Order

Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:39 pm

nycbjr wrote:
TObound wrote:
You can really tell who in this thread has kids that they travel with.


This right here, with kids who wants to get a tablet out and connect and try and find something kid friendly, when you can just turn on live tv and have them watch nickelodeon!

I've done it several times on several different airlines, and it is no big deal. Of course, half the time he just wants to play the games on his ipad anyway (and if we fly G4 or F9, he doesn't have a choice).
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.
 
bpat777
Posts: 669
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 1999 8:21 am

Re: UA to Tweak 737 MAX Order

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:52 pm

My main concern with in-flight streaming is many of the planes I fly on don't have power outlets or if they do the outlets don't work. And I hate arriving at my destination with a drained battery.
 
WayexTDI
Posts: 1229
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Re: UA to Tweak 737 MAX Order

Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:37 am

musman9853 wrote:
joeljack wrote:
musman9853 wrote:


Nah, I have. They're still awful compared to the QHD OLED panel in my pocket.


I know everybody is entitled to their own opinion but I completely disagree. I hate watch videos on my phone and never do it on a plane. Typically I would have a laptop in front of me and movie playing on the screen if there is one. Otherwise, I'm on my phone doing email and texting etc while watching something on a screen. If there isn't a screen, I just work. If there isn't wifi or a screen, I just sit there and it sucks.


Yeah, that's the difference between my generation and yours. I just got off a 16 hour flight. I was watching videos on my phone for 10, sleeping the rest. I completely ignored ek's Ife Right in front of me except to watch the landing and takeoff

Condescending response much?
 
User avatar
767333ER
Posts: 982
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:14 am

Re: UA to Tweak 737 MAX Order

Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:34 pm

musman9853 wrote:
joeljack wrote:
musman9853 wrote:


Nah, I have. They're still awful compared to the QHD OLED panel in my pocket.


I know everybody is entitled to their own opinion but I completely disagree. I hate watch videos on my phone and never do it on a plane. Typically I would have a laptop in front of me and movie playing on the screen if there is one. Otherwise, I'm on my phone doing email and texting etc while watching something on a screen. If there isn't a screen, I just work. If there isn't wifi or a screen, I just sit there and it sucks.


Yeah, that's the difference between my generation and yours. I just got off a 16 hour flight. I was watching videos on my phone for 10, sleeping the rest. I completely ignored ek's Ife Right in front of me except to watch the landing and takeoff

Oh I don’t think this is a generational thing because I’m in that phone generation and still don’t want to use my phone because how on earth am I supposed to prop it up without using my hands for hours on end. Oh right AA for example has the seatback mount thing, well a smartphone screen isn’t big enough to be viewed from that far.
Been on: 732 733 734 73G 738 752 763 A319 A320 A321 CRJ CR7 CRA/CR9 E145 E175 E190 F28 MD-82 MD-83 C172R C172S P2006T
 
musman9853
Posts: 838
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 12:30 pm

Re: UA to Tweak 737 MAX Order

Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:35 pm

WayexTDI wrote:
musman9853 wrote:
joeljack wrote:

I know everybody is entitled to their own opinion but I completely disagree. I hate watch videos on my phone and never do it on a plane. Typically I would have a laptop in front of me and movie playing on the screen if there is one. Otherwise, I'm on my phone doing email and texting etc while watching something on a screen. If there isn't a screen, I just work. If there isn't wifi or a screen, I just sit there and it sucks.


Yeah, that's the difference between my generation and yours. I just got off a 16 hour flight. I was watching videos on my phone for 10, sleeping the rest. I completely ignored ek's Ife Right in front of me except to watch the landing and takeoff

Condescending response much?


that was not my intention, and i apologize for that. poor word choice on my part.
Welcome to the City Beautiful.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos