marcogr12

Re: Wizz Air News & Expansion

Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:15 pm

Wizz is changing for W19 its LTN-ATH,SKG flights from afternoon/late evening to early morning/midday flights...Is there a reason? Does it have to do with slots for the new flights? I am only asking because a 550am departure from LTN is brutal..You literally leave sleepless and it's not the most convenient for families with little kids, esp. during the icy morning winter cold..
P.S. An off-topic question: has anybody subscribed to the Wizzair discount club? Is it worth its annual fee?
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..

Blerg

Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:30 pm

Wizz Air seems to be discontinuing CRL-LJU. The only remaining destination will be London.

konkret

Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:58 pm

Blerg wrote:
Wizz Air seems to be discontinuing CRL-LJU. The only remaining destination will be London.

Probably the consequence of Adria being given €4.5 million subsidy to fly Ljubljana - Brussels

Blerg

Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:39 pm

konkret wrote:
Blerg wrote:

Probably the consequence of Adria being given €4.5 million subsidy to fly Ljubljana - Brussels

True but I always though LJU would be a perfect base for them especially since ZAG is allergic to LCCs.

SCQ83

Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:51 pm

CRL-LJU was flown in a "W" pattern. I flew that route a couple of years ago and it was a Polish crew (so the plane was doing Poland-CRL-LJU-CRL-Poland).

Usually Ryanair and Wizz Air will avoid W pattern routes unless absolutely necessary.

Blerg

Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:22 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
CRL-LJU was flown in a "W" pattern. I flew that route a couple of years ago and it was a Polish crew (so the plane was doing Poland-CRL-LJU-CRL-Poland).

Usually Ryanair and Wizz Air will avoid W pattern routes unless absolutely necessary.

At the moment it's operated by a plane from the TSR base.

EIBPI
Topic Author

Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:31 pm

AirMitko wrote:
EIBPI wrote:
Ryanair beat Wizz Air Sofia to Athens (Wizz came in after Ryanair).
Ryanair beat Wizz Air Sofia to Cologne: Wizz Air operated the route for about two years before Ryanair flooded the market.
Wizz Air have had a few victories in Romania.

Ryanair had more wins at Sofia.
SOF-FCO was operated for years by W6 but now is only FR to CIA plus FB and AZ to FCO.
Also FR managed to chase out W6 from SOF- BHX and SOF-BRS.

Yers, SOF seems be down to six aircraft for Wizz Air. At its peak, it was eight aircraft two or so years ago.

SCQ83

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:00 pm

konkret wrote:

I don't really understand why the European Commission does not look after all those carriers in Eastern Europe that are heavily subsidised by their governments (corruption & nepotism 101).

Slovenia is the perfect example of a failed airline (Adria) in a very tiny market that would work much better without a home-based carrier and just with European low-cost carriers flying there and stimulating traffic with more affordable fares.

konkret

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:26 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
konkret wrote:

I don't really understand why the European Commission does not look after all those carriers in Eastern Europe that are heavily subsidised by their governments (corruption & nepotism 101).

Why should the Commission particularly focus on Eastern Europe? Shouldn’t the rules be the same for all countries and airlines involved? What about Alitalia, which is in my opinion the most obvious example of an airline kept alive by state support?

marcogr12

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:40 pm

Wizz is changing for winter flight times for LTN-ATH,SKG from afternoon/night time to early morning/midday flights..Does it have to do with slots for its new flights? I am asking because a 0550 departure is brutal esp.for families with little kids..You literally leave sleepless in the icy cold morning temps..
P.S. an off topic question: has anyone subscribed to the wizzair discount club? Is it worth its money?

SCQ83

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:53 pm

konkret wrote:
Why should the Commission particularly focus on Eastern Europe? Shouldn’t the rules be the same for all countries and airlines involved? What about Alitalia, which is in my opinion the most obvious example of an airline kept alive by state support?

Because in Eastern Europe / Balkans there are a lot of subsidised, crony airlines that impede healthy traffic growth. The Italian market is already well developed.

Places like Ljubljana will be much better off with low-cost carriers (Ryanair, Wizz Air) like SKP or BUD. That would bring more revenue to the country.

If you look at a place like Croatia, the airports doing better (SPU or DBV) are those where Croatia Airlines has less presence.

konkret

Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:22 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
konkret wrote:

Because in Eastern Europe / Balkans there are a lot of subsidised, crony airlines that impede healthy traffic growth. The Italian market is already well developed.

Places like Ljubljana will be much better off with low-cost carriers (Ryanair, Wizz Air) like SKP or BUD. That would bring more revenue to the country.

If you look at a place like Croatia, the airports doing better (SPU or DBV) are those where Croatia Airlines has less presence.

Sorry, but I don't follow your logic when you say that European Commission shouldn't apply same fair competition laws and rules to Alitalia because Italian market is "already well developed".

Obviously SPU and DBV are doing good because they serve areas very attractive for tourists and not because "Croatia Airlines has less presence". See how much of the traffic in SPU and DBV is seasonal.

Humberside

Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:23 pm

SCQ83 wrote:

Wizz have a long history of 'w' patterns and of having multiple flights between two non-base airports. Looking at the current network, for example there must be 4 into Nis (BSL/DTM/FMM/MMX), 2 into Lublin (EIN/TRF), 3 into Szczecin (BGO/SVG/TRF) and 5 into Ohrid (BSL/DTM/MMX/FMM/MXP). Without going through their network, I'd say they must be flying 20+ w pattern routes
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

holczakker

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:09 pm

A lot more (to Suceava, Kaunas, Lviv, Podgorica, Tirana, Pristina, Poznan, Tallinn etc etc).

MCTSET

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:12 pm

Any future bases in mind? I thought LJU when Adria goes down, but I’m not sure about anywhere else.

Blerg

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:38 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
konkret wrote:

Oh please... give me one example of how a foreign carrier was blocked by Adria. Aeroflot launched LJU while JP ended up suspending SVO flights. AF is doubling their presence in LJU this winter despite JP already flying to CDG while both easyJet and Transavia seem to be performing extremely well in Slovenia. So where exactly is the problem?

Slovenia is a small country sandwiched between Venice and Zagreb, it's not easy for them to compete for passengers in general.

As for the Croatian coast, OU was pushed out without the European Commission so the same can happen in other places as well. If people in eastern Europe and the Balkans don't mind their national airlines then why should you care? You should maybe mind your own business.

It's not like our region lacks in air connectivity.

Blerg

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:39 pm

MCTSET wrote:
Any future bases in mind? I thought LJU when Adria goes down, but I’m not sure about anywhere else.

I could see Tirana and Thessaloniki both becoming bases at some point in the future.

EIBPI
Topic Author

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:50 pm

Lauda/Ryanair considering a series of new VIE routes from summer 2020. Details tbc:
http://www.austrianaviation.net/detail/ ... pandieren/

Vasu

Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:51 pm

marcogr12 wrote:
P.S. an off topic question: has anyone subscribed to the wizzair discount club? Is it worth its money?

Depends on whether you think it’ll save you money. When booking a flight, do the maths (ie. Regular price - Wizz club price x number of travellers. Then compare that figure to the price of Wizz club,
Which lasts a year. Often you’ll save money by buying Wizz club membership even if you only use it once in the year!

Blerg

Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:54 am

EIBPI wrote:
Lauda/Ryanair considering a series of new VIE routes from summer 2020. Details tbc:
http://www.austrianaviation.net/detail/ ... pandieren/

With Ryanair attacking Wizz Air on all fronts, I wouldn't be surprised if Lauda does the same in Vienna. I am sure that even if they launch new routes, a lot of them will be in direct competition with Wizz.

SCQ83

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:19 am

Lauda is substantially bigger than Wizz in VIE. Of all the Wizz Air routes:

Lauda competing: Athens, Alicante, Billund, Eindhoven, Kiev (FR KBP/W6 IEV), Larnaca, Lisbon, Madrid, Málaga, Porto, Rome–Fiumicino, Stockholm–Skavsta, Tel Aviv, Tenerife–South, Thessaloniki, Valencia, Warsaw–Chopin.

W6 competing in different airports in the same city where Ryanair flies to: London–Luton (FR STN), Milan–Malpensa (FR BGY), Oslo–Gardermoen (FR TRF).

Lauda not competing: Bari, Bremen, Catania, Castellón, Cologne/Bonn, Dortmund, Eilat–Ramon, Gdansk, Kharkiv, Kutaisi, Malta (Air Malta flown), Naples, Nice

Lauda not competing in airports Ryanair doesn't fly to: Bergen, Chișinău, Cluj-Napoca, Niš, Ohrid, Pristina, Reykjavík–Keflavík, Tirana, Varna.

So there are not many routes left where W6 flies that Lauda does not fly to. IMO if FR is to launch new routes competing with W6, the most realistic would be the Italian destinations (Bari, Catania, Naples), Cologne, Kharkiv and Kutaisi, and adding a second airport in London/Milan (on top of STN/BGY).
Last edited by SCQ83 on Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

EL-AL

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:20 am

SMKCosmopolitan wrote:
konkret wrote:
SMKCosmopolitan wrote:
- Tel Aviv (unfortunately El Al protectionism prevents this for the moment, otherwise a no-brainer given W6's strong performance in Israel)

How exactly does LY prevent W6 from flying SEN - TLV?

Of course, LY can't prevent W6 to launch SEN-TLV. But their lobbying is at least partially to blame for the stalling negotiations between Wizz Air and Israel regarding the opening of a base in TLV (see link). https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... base-plans

This is not accurate. The Israeli authorities do not protect El Al against competition from Wizzair, their constant growth in Israel is proof of that, including very successful LTN-TLV flights, started at 4 weekly became daily in 2018. The government is indeed currently blocking both Wizzair and Ryanair from opening a base in TLV, but not to block more flights from Europe but in order not to allow them to fly domestic flights in Israel (TLV-ETM). That is because Israel's 2 major domestic airports closed in 2019 (SDV & ETH) and Israel's other airlines, Arkia and Israir, are lobbying hard to help both after loosing the profitable SDV-ETH route (sold around 200 USD for 280km RT flight). I assume that after the elections with new government formed, it will be solved.
every day is a good day to fly

EIBPI
Topic Author

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:04 am

EL-AL wrote:
This is not accurate. The Israeli authorities do not protect El Al against competition from Wizzair, their constant growth in Israel is proof of that, including very successful LTN-TLV flights, started at 4 weekly became daily in 2018. The government is indeed currently blocking both Wizzair and Ryanair from opening a base in TLV, but not to block more flights from Europe but in order not to allow them to fly domestic flights in Israel (TLV-ETM). That is because Israel's 2 major domestic airports closed in 2019 (SDV & ETH) and Israel's other airlines, Arkia and Israir, are lobbying hard to help both after loosing the profitable SDV-ETH route (sold around 200 USD for 280km RT flight). I assume that after the elections with new government formed, it will be solved.

There is no indication that the main purpose of a Wizz Air base would be to open domestic flights but rather to enable more flexibility in operations.

marcogr12

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:29 am

Blerg wrote:
MCTSET wrote:

I could see Tirana and Thessaloniki both becoming bases at some point in the future.

Does Albania have an open-skies agreement with the rest of Europe?

I don't think Wizzair would open a base in Greece (it would be great though) and go against FR where it has already established itselft as a serious competitor both in ATH and SKG, though to be fair there are many gaps to be covered yet esp. in the latter and less in the former where legacies have a big share of the market along with FR,U2..They do have to base somewhere their new 100+ plus planes coming and yields in the Med are spreading too thin..FR,U2,NO,VY,V7..So if we exclude airports like MAD,FCO,BCN,ATH, where would they logically open a new base? UK? BHX?BRS?LPL? or Germany in places like CGN,HAJ,NUE?

Blerg

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:34 am

marcogr12 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
MCTSET wrote:

I don't think Wizzair would open a base in Greece (it would be great though) and go against FR where it has already established itselft as a serious competitor both in ATH and SKG, though to be fair there are many gaps to be covered yet esp. in the latter and less in the former where legacies have a big share of the market along with FR,U2..They do have to base somewhere their new 100+ plus planes coming and yields in the Med are spreading too thin..FR,U2,NO,VY,V7..So if we exclude airports like MAD,FCO,BCN,ATH, where would they logically open a new base? UK? BHX?BRS?LPL? or Germany in places like CGN,HAJ,NUE?

Yup, there is an Open Skies agreement with Albania. Wizz Air has been slowly expanding there, adding destinations and frequencies. They have a large diaspora and are becoming a tourist destination. This year Tirana will even overtake Zagreb which is quite an achievement.

SCQ83

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:53 am

marcogr12 wrote:

easyJet is starting flights to Albania this winter. So I would expect sooner than later to see more destinations and other low-cost carriers. I would like to go to Albania but I have always find schedules/connections very inconvenient and prices over the roof.

marcogr12 wrote:

Somebody has mentioned DTM, which is a major airport for W6. Ryanair has bases in CGN and NRN, Eurowings its bigger base in the area in DUS, so Wizzair makes sense in DTM. It would be a bit like London (STN for Ryanair, LTN for Wizz Air and LGW for easyJet).

I recall also reading here EIN as a potential new base (W6 has also plenty of destinations there). Ryanair closed its base at EIN, so it could be an interesting entrance in the Benelux. The main issue is that EIN is slot-constrained.

marcogr12

Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:37 pm

FR has a base in DTM already so they would be going head to head again..

SCQ83

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:28 pm

marcogr12 wrote:
FR has a base in DTM already so they would be going head to head again..

FR doesn't have a base in DTM. Their closest bases are CGN and NRN, and Lauda in DUS.

I reckon the main issue with DTM is demand to Western Europe. Flying from DTM to Eastern Europe might be relatively easy because of the lack of competition in many routes in NRW. But to Western Europe? Other than London, holiday resorts (PMI, ALC, AGP), some VFR routes (SKG, OPO), I am more skeptical about the feasibility. Things like Valencia, Larnaca or Milan that work out of VIE might not work out of a smaller market like DTM, specially when more central CGN/DUS have already the same destinations offered by FR.

albertocsc

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:40 pm

marcogr12 wrote:
FR has a base in DTM already

No, Ryanair does not have a base at DTM, especially because of the night curfew. Is just a destination from other bases.

In the NRW area, Ryanair is based in NRN and CGN, and since the new Lauda base in DUS was opened, NRN has been slightly downsized.

Anyways, it would be nice to see Wizz opening a base in DTM and see how competition will grow.

Also it comes to my mind when Adria opened base in nearby PAD, but that did not last long. But we cannot really compare.

Blerg

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:55 pm

My guess is that MMX has more chances of becoming a base than DTM. Then again I don't know how likely it is with Swedish taxes.

SCQ83

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:53 pm

MMX has 0 chances of becoming a base.

Wizz Air is even cancelling MMX-VIE. If they cannot make Vienna work with no competition, there is no way for them to serve anywhere else in Western Europe from Malmo. Even Ryanair has canceled everything but KRK (including STN) and Norwegian everything but ARN. CPH is next door and it is a very competitive environment (easyJet, Norwegian and Ryanair).

MMX is only three types of traffic: 1) domestic Sweden, 2) sun charters and 3) gastarbeiter. W6 needs more urban routes to Western Europe to make those bases work (LTN, VIE) and MMX cannot support even London or Vienna competing with CPH's cheap fares next door. Not to mention Swedish costs are probably not the cheapest.

PatrickZ80

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:19 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
MMX has 0 chances of becoming a base.

Wizz Air is even cancelling MMX-VIE. If they cannot make Vienna work with no competition, there is no way for them to serve anywhere else in Western Europe from Malmo. Even Ryanair has canceled everything but KRK (including STN) and Norwegian everything but ARN. CPH is next door and it is a very competitive environment (easyJet, Norwegian and Ryanair).

MMX is only three types of traffic: 1) domestic Sweden, 2) sun charters and 3) gastarbeiter. W6 needs more urban routes to Western Europe to make those bases work (LTN, VIE) and MMX cannot support even London or Vienna competing with CPH's cheap fares next door. Not to mention Swedish costs are probably not the cheapest.

There might be no competition on the Malmö - Vienna route, however there is stiff competition on the Copenhagen - Vienna route. The city of Malmö is just as much served by Copenhagen airport than it is by it's own airport. The reason Malmö does have it's own airport lies in the past, before the bridge was built it was more difficult to get from Malmö to Copenhagen (you had to take a ferry). Ever since the bridge opened, the need for Malmö airport has become obsolete. Besides, Copenhagen has built a low-cost terminal (CPH Go) to accomodate the LCCs.

Danish taxes are a whole lot more friendly than Swedish taxes, this is the reason why a good number of airlines have shifted their flights from Malmö to Copenhagen. Ryanair used to be big in Malmö, now they completely pulled out. They fly to Copenhagen instead. Wizzair has split operations between the two airports, but I can see them follow Ryanair and shift more flights from Malmö to Copenhagen.

VCy

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:46 pm

Honestly, I truly believe that the next base will be LCA. It was even reported in the media that they were in negotiations with the local aviation authority about having 2 aircraft based in LCA which would later become 5.

http://www.newsincyprus.com/news/158962 ... -in-cyprus

EIBPI
Topic Author

Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:11 pm

I have my doubts about a Wizz Air base in DTM. I cannot see what value it would add. The airport is not at all slot constrained (together with Brexit, the LTN base was a slot grab), and it would create operational complications with the DTM's night curfew.

albertocsc wrote:
In the NRW area, Ryanair is based in NRN and CGN, and since the new Lauda base in DUS was opened, NRN has been slightly downsized.

A bit more than "slightly" downsized, and something that started before the Ryanair/Lauda ops in DUS. Ryanair will be down to 2 aircraft in NRN this winter (same as HHN).

MCTSET

Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:25 pm

Someone mentioned that opening a base in LCA would mean being unable to overfly Turkey. Is this true?, and if so is than only on aircraft flying from LCA or the whole of wizz air?

BasilFawlty

Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:18 am

Blue Air has a base in LCA and they overfly Turkey, so most likely not true.
'Every year donkeys and mules kill more people than plane crashes'

Blerg

Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:37 am

MCTSET wrote:
Someone mentioned that opening a base in LCA would mean being unable to overfly Turkey. Is this true?, and if so is than only on aircraft flying from LCA or the whole of wizz air?

They could overfly Turkey if they base planes with the Hungarian AOC. However if they get a Cypriot one then they wouldn't be able to do it. That said, without a Cypriot AOC they would have issues launching some of the regional flights. I think LCA-IKA would be a gold mine for them, even if they operate it on a summer seasonal basis.

As for Wizz Air in Malmo, I think taking MMX-VIE as an example makes little sense since VIE-CPH has been boosted in recent times with Lauda launching flights, Austrian Airlines increasing frequencies while Level tried the market as well (unsuccessfully though).
Vienna was their first Western European destination from Malmo because it was also their first (or second?) western European base. We will have to see how things proceed from there.

However I think eventually Sweden will have to take a chill pill regarding this aviation Jihad they have going on, especially as their aviation markets starts becoming less and less competitive. Once that happens chances of a MMX base will become even more realistic.

Blerg

Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:38 am

BasilFawlty wrote:
Blue Air has a base in LCA and they overfly Turkey, so most likely not true.

Blue Air has their Romanian registered planes in Cyprus.

SCQ83

Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:47 am

VFR traffic to Malmo can be served from any Eastern European base like they do now.

CPH-VIE makes a lot of sense. Any European market worth flying to is already very competitive out of CPH. So Malmo has nothing to do, they could not attract a single Danish passenger if they wanted.

Even Wizzair itself keeps opening more routes out of CPH. A CPH base would be more realistic than a MMX base.

Blerg

Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:07 am

Who said their primary goal would be to attract Danish travellers? How about offering more choices so that Swedes do not have to fly out of CPH?

PatrickZ80

Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:24 pm

Blerg wrote:
Who said their primary goal would be to attract Danish travellers? How about offering more choices so that Swedes do not have to fly out of CPH?

That doesn't make sense as from the city of Malmö it's easier to get to Copenhagen airport than it is to get to Malmö airport. On top of that, Denmark has a better tax climate so they can offer their flights cheaper out of Copenhagen.

Only Swedes this would apply to is those living beyond Malmö, a very parse populated area.

Blerg

Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:37 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:
Blerg wrote:

That doesn't make sense as from the city of Malmö it's easier to get to Copenhagen airport than it is to get to Malmö airport. On top of that, Denmark has a better tax climate so they can offer their flights cheaper out of Copenhagen.

Only Swedes this would apply to is those living beyond Malmö, a very parse populated area.

It will also depend on how successful they will be in Copenhagen, don't forget that the market is extremely competitive and their expenses are probably higher than in Malmo, tax climate or not. Copenhagen is not such a large market to start with, at least not when compared to places such as Dortmund, Vienna, Budapest... (city+catchment area)

EIBPI
Topic Author

Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:37 pm

I cannot see either a Copenhagen or Malmo base happening in the next years.

MCTSET

Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:55 pm

They are both expensive when comes to cost of operating particularly with few it is always more expensive, so I don’t think a base will be opened there, LTN opened after monarch collapse, a big market like Luton with cheap slots is irresistible, Vienna opened because of niki collapse and the subsidies, they wouldn’t step foot there if it wasn’t for that.

So Copenhagen and Malmö are both expensive to operate due to higher cost of living relative to Eastern Europe, not a huge market that needs to be jumped on, already plenty of service and I don’t see either airport giving subsidies to Wizz any time soon to place a few 320’s there overnight.

Blerg

Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:09 pm

Wizz Air has 271 aircraft on order, they will eventually have to open bases in the West even if taxes or costs are higher than in eastern Europe. The market in eastern Europe is not big enough to absorb all those planes.

PatrickZ80

Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:05 pm

Would Beauvais be a possible future base location? Ryanair and Wizzair call this airport "Paris Beauvais" and even though it's some distance from Paris it essentially serves the Parisian market. There's a frequent and rather cheap bus service between the airport and Paris which you can book through the airline. Beauvais isn't slot restricted, they should have plenty of room to grow there.

BasilFawlty

Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:55 pm

Beauvais has a very strict night curfew, which is also the main reason why Ryanair hasn’t opened a base there so far.
'Every year donkeys and mules kill more people than plane crashes'

Blerg

Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:28 am

I am actually surprised Wizz Air never tried to expand much more in Lyon especially since they are very weak in Geneva. It's not a small city and the local population is rather wealthy.

PatrickZ80

Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:06 am

Blerg wrote:
Iand the local population is rather wealthy.

Perhaps that's just the problem. Being an ULCC, they do better in areas where the population is less wealthy. In wealthy areas, people are more likely to pay a bit more and fly a full-service airline. In less wealthy areas, people can't afford that bit more and end up flying Wizzair.

SeanM1997

Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:11 am

Wizz Air will be not be returning to the London Luton to Verona route which had 2x weekly winter seasonal flights. These flights have been replaced by Castellon which have a subsidy on them.

From 23 November, Wizz Air will reduce its London Luton to Vilnius route from 7 to 5 weekly.The airline will launch 3 weekly London Southend to Vilnius flights on the date

Furthermore, in Winter 2019, Wizz Air will reduce its London Gatwick flights compared to S19. The route reductions are:

- Bucharest (from 7 to 6 weekly)
- Budapest (from 7 to 6 weekly flights)
- Cluj (from 7 to 5 weekly)
- Gdansk (from 7 to 6 weekly)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos