727LOVER
Topic Author
Posts: 8377
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Sun Country announces SRQ (regular service)

Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:39 pm

MSP-SRQ starts Dec 20, twice-weekly

Saw it on Facebook, then checked SY's site (bookable)

and finally an official announcement
https://srq-airport.com/srq-adds-sun-co ... t-paul-msp

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2019 ... on-airport

I say regular service because they've been doing charters to GPT for a few years.

More good news for SRQ

Last time SY served this route was 1995/96ish
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
SRQLOT
Posts: 320
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:05 pm

Re: Sun Country announces SRQ (regular service)

Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:50 pm

Last year when Sun Country announced Tampa and Ft Myers I was disappointed that SRQ wasn’t on the list considering they have been doing the gambling charters. So this is great news!!
LO LH CL BA AZ WN UA DL AA B6 NK
WAW KRK FRA LGW FCO ORD MDW LAS DFW ATL RDU BNA BHM BOS DTW FLL MCO RSW TPA SRQ
717 737-300/700/800/900/MAX8 747-400 757-200/300 767-300 787-8 319 320 321 330-300 MD-90 BAE146 CRJ900 Q400 E195 Piper Archer Cessna 152
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2229
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Sun Country announces SRQ (regular service)

Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:03 pm

The good times keep on rolling for SRQ...it's about time!
 
stlgph
Posts: 10974
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Sun Country announces SRQ (regular service)

Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:14 pm

and sesaonal MSP-Nassau service on Saturdays.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport
 
dfwjim1
Posts: 2207
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Sun Country announces SRQ (regular service)

Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:42 pm

727LOVER wrote:
MSP-SRQ starts Dec 20, twice-weekly

Saw it on Facebook, then checked SY's site (bookable)

and finally an official announcement
https://srq-airport.com/srq-adds-sun-co ... t-paul-msp

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2019 ... on-airport

I say regular service because they've been doing charters to GPT for a few years.

More good news for SRQ

Last time SY served this route was 1995/96ish


Nice for Sarasota but what does SRQ have to do with GPT?
 
SRQLOT
Posts: 320
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:05 pm

Re: Sun Country announces SRQ (regular service)

Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:22 pm

dfwjim1 wrote:
727LOVER wrote:
MSP-SRQ starts Dec 20, twice-weekly

Saw it on Facebook, then checked SY's site (bookable)

and finally an official announcement
https://srq-airport.com/srq-adds-sun-co ... t-paul-msp

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2019 ... on-airport

I say regular service because they've been doing charters to GPT for a few years.

More good news for SRQ

Last time SY served this route was 1995/96ish


Nice for Sarasota but what does SRQ have to do with GPT?



SY flies the gambling charters usually once a month some months where will be 2 flights, usually return on the 4th day. You should see the parade of wheelchairs, and the security checkpoint gets shut down!!!!!
LO LH CL BA AZ WN UA DL AA B6 NK
WAW KRK FRA LGW FCO ORD MDW LAS DFW ATL RDU BNA BHM BOS DTW FLL MCO RSW TPA SRQ
717 737-300/700/800/900/MAX8 747-400 757-200/300 767-300 787-8 319 320 321 330-300 MD-90 BAE146 CRJ900 Q400 E195 Piper Archer Cessna 152
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 1577
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Sun Country announces SRQ (regular service)

Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:26 pm

Hmm, I wonder what compelled them to announce this
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"
 
jplatts
Posts: 2715
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Sun Country announces SRQ (regular service)

Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:41 am

stl07 wrote:
Hmm, I wonder what compelled them to announce this


During the last 2 years, G4 has added nonstop service to SRQ from some cities in the Midwest, Northeast, and Southeast, and F9 has added nonstop service to SRQ from CVG, CLE, PHL, and TTN.
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 1577
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Sun Country announces SRQ (regular service)

Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:48 am

jplatts wrote:
stl07 wrote:
Hmm, I wonder what compelled them to announce this


During the last 2 years, G4 has added nonstop service to SRQ from some cities in the Midwest, Northeast, and Southeast, and F9 has added nonstop service to SRQ from CVG, CLE, PHL, and TTN.

Yes, I know
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"
 
dfwjim1
Posts: 2207
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Sun Country announces SRQ (regular service)

Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:32 am

SRQLOT wrote:
dfwjim1 wrote:
727LOVER wrote:
MSP-SRQ starts Dec 20, twice-weekly

Saw it on Facebook, then checked SY's site (bookable)

and finally an official announcement
https://srq-airport.com/srq-adds-sun-co ... t-paul-msp

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2019 ... on-airport

I say regular service because they've been doing charters to GPT for a few years.

More good news for SRQ

Last time SY served this route was 1995/96ish


Nice for Sarasota but what does SRQ have to do with GPT?



SY flies the gambling charters usually once a month some months where will be 2 flights, usually return on the 4th day. You should see the parade of wheelchairs, and the security checkpoint gets shut down!!!!!


Okay I see! SY runs those gambling charters out of FLL too and there are definitely a lot of seniors on board.
 
sunking737
Posts: 1455
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:33 pm

Re: Sun Country announces SRQ (regular service)

Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:48 am

stl07 wrote:
Hmm, I wonder what compelled them to announce this


Because we who live in Mn want a new place to go to each winter.
"Don't believe it unless its parked on the ramp, or printed in the schedule...SUBJECT TO CHANGE"

I'm a SUNDUCK......Worked for RC & SY @ MSP
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 1577
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Sun Country announces SRQ (regular service)

Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:07 am

sunking737 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
Hmm, I wonder what compelled them to announce this


Because we who live in Mn want a new place to go to each winter.

Are these new cities due to the STL cut last week because SRQ sounds a lot nicer than STL in the winter
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"
 
BAINY3
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:42 pm

Re: Sun Country announces SRQ (regular service)

Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:23 am

I've always been surprised that MSP-SRQ wasn't flown by anyone before, especially since the rest of Florida (especially RSW by comparison) is well-served from MSP during the winter, and the Sarasota-Bradenton area has been growing quickly and the SRQ catchment area serves over 1 million residents now. I mean, if HRL can support seasonal service on both DL and SY, I'm sure SRQ can. I wonder if DL will match. I suppose the previous strategy was to either funnel everyone through ATL or make them drive from TPA or RSW.
 
User avatar
Pellegrine
Posts: 2285
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:19 am

Re: Sun Country announces SRQ (regular service)

Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:12 am

Anecdotal but, I saw a lot of MN license plates (and Canadian) last time I was in SRQ.
oh boy, here we go!!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos