Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
EA CO AS
Topic Author
Posts: 15768
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 8:54 am

Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:23 pm

https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/eastern ... omes-back/

They’d have been better off going with a whole new name like “Explorer Air Lines” or “Voyager Air Lines” to align with their new brand vision and business strategy. No need to retain the Eastern name and IP at this point. They’d be better off trying to monetize it to pay for their fleet of what are essentially 2001 Suburbans with 200K on the odometer...
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group
 
User avatar
enilria
Posts: 10309
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:36 pm

Charters to Cuba again, LOL?
 
vegas005
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:25 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:36 pm

Eastern is long gone....sadly...let it go---
 
globalflyer
Posts: 852
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:15 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:42 pm

I was an employee of the original Eastern Airlines. There will never be another Eastern and I hate that this outfit with follow the likes of Braniff and Pan Am and ruining the legacy name. This business plan makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Landing on every Continent almost on an annual basis!
 
AirFiero
Posts: 1548
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:03 pm

Good god, how does anyone read articles on Airways when the article keeps jumping up and down because of those damned ads?

What I could read of the article, the planned routes don’t make sense and they aren’t going to have a hub for connections?
 
User avatar
EA CO AS
Topic Author
Posts: 15768
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 8:54 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:12 pm

They’re running routes that make no sense with equipment that makes no sense. I hope they do well, but the reality is that based on their plans I’m putting the over/under for length of chartered service at 24 months and taking the under.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group
 
User avatar
EA CO AS
Topic Author
Posts: 15768
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 8:54 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:13 pm

Oh and Mark Porter? Has anyone ever even heard of this guy?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 3000
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:16 pm

Sounds about right, let’s get 55 767/777s and go to China from one of the most competitive markets in the world.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3063
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:19 pm

ikolkyo wrote:
Sounds about right, let’s get 55 767/777s and go to China from one of the most competitive markets in the world.


Well, they did apply for New York JFK to Anchorage to Jinan.
 
zakuivcustom
Posts: 3568
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:32 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:19 pm

Can people stop trying to revived airline brands that are dead?

And seriously, they are planning to start out an airline by flying JFK-GYE, JFK-GEO, and JFK-TNA?

Oh well, if Eastern 3.0 ever get off the ground, that is.

EDIT:
ikolkyo wrote:
Sounds about right, let’s get 55 767/777s and go to China from one of the most competitive markets in the world.


Well, they are planning to fly to TNA (Jinan), a city where you can book a tickets to/from US for ~USD400 round trip today.

Oh, and like anyone that's not from PRC know where in the world Jinan is.
Last edited by zakuivcustom on Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3063
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:23 pm

Bhaskara reasons that triangular routes, such as a potential Miami – Lima – Cuzco, would be a perfect example where legacy carriers wouldn’t dare to compete. Even American Airlines.


https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/1161639511660605441

:scratchchin:
 
jimbo737
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:18 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:24 pm

No domestic feed network at either end of the pipeline.

Double drops. There’s an innovative idea......in the ‘70’s.

Doomed, even if they find idiots prepared to sink money into this pipe dream.
 
nine4nine
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:27 pm

Goodness. That typeface font and logo are atrocious.
717, 727-100, 727-200, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 742, 748, 752, 753, 762, 763, 772, 77W, 787-10, DC9, MD80/88/90, DC10, 319, 220-300, 320, 321, 321n, 332, 333, CS100, CRJ200, Q400, E175, E190, ERJ145, EMB120
 
User avatar
leleko747
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:16 pm

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:44 pm

The whole Swift Air/ Dynamic/Eastern operations and management seem to be quite a mess, to be honest. I strongly dislike the usage of the Eastern brand at this point. It was nice when the revamped Eastern had the 737NGs and stuff, but seeing the Eastern name on 767s with irregular paintschemes is something quite annoying.
I wonder when people will understand:
Embraer 190 or simply E190, not ERJ-190. E-Jets are NOT ERJs!
Boeing 747-8, not Boeing 747-800. Same goes for 787.
Airbus A320, not Airbus 320.
Airbii does not exist.
 
danipawa
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:02 pm

55 B767/777.....
 
Gulfstream500
Posts: 478
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:30 am

Eastern Airlines scheduled ops return (again); destinations announced

Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:52 am

Sound familiar? The new Eastern Airlines is supposed to fly from JFK-ANC, Guayaquil (Ecuador), Georgetown (Guyana), and Jinjan (China). There is no expected date for the start of the airline, and the airline is to operate a fleet of Boeing 767s and 777s.

It appears as if a charter service is already here, and a new logo is on there website.

https://fortune.com/2019/08/26/eastern- ... s-returns/

https://onemileatatime.com/eastern-airlines-china/

https://goeasternair.com
Last edited by Gulfstream500 on Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
So... when will the Northwest DC-9s be retired?
 
Max Q
Posts: 8571
Joined: Wed May 09, 2001 12:40 pm

Re: Eastern Airlines returns (again)

Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:55 am

Certain names should be retired in perpetuity, Eastern is one of them
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.


GGg
 
MO11
Posts: 1513
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Re: Eastern Airlines returns (again)

Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:02 am

The "new" Eastern is the "old" Dynamic, and has been flying for a while.

Most recently discussed here:

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1429881
 
Gulfstream500
Posts: 478
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:30 am

Re: Eastern Airlines returns (again)

Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:10 am

MO11 wrote:
The "new" Eastern is the "old" Dynamic, and has been flying for a while.

Most recently discussed here:

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1429881


This thread is intended for the relaunch of scheduled operations.
So... when will the Northwest DC-9s be retired?
 
Ziyulu
Posts: 983
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:35 am

Re: Eastern Airlines scheduled ops return (again); destinations announced

Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:15 am

Are you sure it's not China Eastern?
 
zakuivcustom
Posts: 3568
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:32 am

Re: Eastern Airlines returns (again)

Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:23 am

Gulfstream500 wrote:
MO11 wrote:
The "new" Eastern is the "old" Dynamic, and has been flying for a while.

Most recently discussed here:

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1429881


This thread is intended for the relaunch of scheduled operations.


Umm...the Eastern 3.0 in that thread is the same as the scheduled operation you are talking about.

Ziyulu wrote:
Are you sure it's not China Eastern?


Nah...Air 123 :duck:

TNA is not a MU hub either way. It is a fair size base for SC (Shandong Airlines) under CA, while their only CONUS flight is operated by 3U (Sichuan),
 
HardeesBiscuit
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:46 am

Re: Eastern Airlines scheduled ops return (again); destinations announced

Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:51 am

My favorite airline from when I was a kid. I hope it makes it
 
airlineworker
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:20 am

Re: Eastern Airlines scheduled ops return (again); destinations announced

Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:53 am

Many today are too young to remember Eastern Airlines so the name has lost some of its value.
 
dmg626
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:24 am

Add it to the names from the glory days that should just be sent into the sunset, along with Pan Am version whatever. And while I’m at it, same with trying to resurrect old airframes, the 757 was great, but 30 yr old designs need to be thanked and retired.
 
OB1504
Posts: 3988
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:10 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:15 am

Any updates on this? Did they get the DOT approvals they were hoping for?

Given that they can't seem to keep their current fleet in the air with only minimal charter operations (and the Sunwing flying plagued with problems), I predict that returning to scheduled operations will be a disaster just like it was when Eastern 3.0 was still Dynamic. Why even bother with the Eastern name if they're going to throw away the legacy branding?
Last edited by OB1504 on Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2335
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:34 am

I like the paint scheme combo here with Eastern & Sunwing (20:04)

https://youtu.be/hyJzLrhnyqU?t=1204
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
SkyVoice
Posts: 422
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:38 am

To quote the late, great American football coach Bill Walsh, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results."
"Tough times never last. Tough people do." - Dr. Robert H. Schuller
 
travelsonic
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:59 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:53 am

From the website:
Our new logo is inspired by our rich and iconic history, and our future of being an “Explorer” brand is modeled after topographical maps. We have shifted the focus from the old Eastern Airlines multiple logo images to the “bird’s eye view” of the places we travel. We will retain and use the iconic “stick figure” logo from the original Eastern Airlines, but our main logo will be inspired by the places we fly.



So… their main corporate logo/mark is that with the abstract topographic map, but the aircraft themselves will be using the old hockey stick livery?
 
debonair
Posts: 3905
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:23 pm

Nothing beats the old, original Eastern livery, but I like this one a lot! :twocents:



I like their fresh approach, like their #NOBAGSLEFTBEHIND gurantee. Good luck for the start of Guayaquil, we will see how long the will stay... :white:
 
User avatar
RWA380
Posts: 5747
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:51 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:01 pm

debonair wrote:
Nothing beats the old, original Eastern livery, but I like this one a lot! :twocents:



I like their fresh approach, like their #NOBAGSLEFTBEHIND gurantee. Good luck for the start of Guayaquil, we will see how long the will stay... :white:


Watched this frame on flightradar24 flying LAX-EWR, taking off at around 11 pm on the 22nd - 23rd. It was a 9000 flight number, which on many airlines is a ferry flight.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M
 
strfyr51
Posts: 5094
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:58 pm

they do not intend to run a scheduled service They're cutting their teeth on Charter service which many other airlines have also done on Names you might never have heard of, Once they get their operating strategy down? You might very well see them in scheduled service as a 121 domestic, But until then? I would bet they fly as a 121 supplemental carrier. At least until they build their operations to a point they can support it. I've seen many 121 supplemental carriers who couldn't pass muster as a 121 domestic or international carrier, Arrow Air, World, Total Air , Rich International, Overseas National, Air National, Transamerica etc. They did what they did, Flew what they flew and went belly up! Hell! Mesa Airlines has been trying for YEARS to get out of the Regional feeder "Bag" . But their schemes always seem to go south. Why? Who Knows? Lack of Capital? Lack of Infrastructure? Lack of knowledge ? But they keep hanging in there. But I suspect they'll NEVER be one of the big majors until they're ready to risk going Bankrupt to TRY! David Neeleman is starting his second US airline after having started Jet Blue. I'd give them a better than even chance of success because chance favors the BOLD. If he doesn't succeed? You'll be seeing more airline consolidation in the future which may start the whining all over again with the "I can't get to my town on a direct Flight" whine yet again..
 
User avatar
SierraPacific
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 1:48 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:09 pm

strfyr51 wrote:
they do not intend to run a scheduled service They're cutting their teeth on Charter service which many other airlines have also done on Names you might never have heard of, Once they get their operating strategy down? You might very well see them in scheduled service as a 121 domestic, But until then? I would bet they fly as a 121 supplemental carrier. At least until they build their operations to a point they can support it. I've seen many 121 supplemental carriers who couldn't pass muster as a 121 domestic or international carrier, Arrow Air, World, Total Air , Rich International, Overseas National, Air National, Transamerica etc. They did what they did, Flew what they flew and went belly up! Hell! Mesa Airlines has been trying for YEARS to get out of the Regional feeder "Bag" . But their schemes always seem to go south. Why? Who Knows? Lack of Capital? Lack of Infrastructure? Lack of knowledge ? But they keep hanging in there. But I suspect they'll NEVER be one of the big majors until they're ready to risk going Bankrupt to TRY! David Neeleman is starting his second US airline after having started Jet Blue. I'd give them a better than even chance of success because chance favors the BOLD. If he doesn't succeed? You'll be seeing more airline consolidation in the future which may start the whining all over again with the "I can't get to my town on a direct Flight" whine yet again..


I believe they are going the scheduled route right now and you can buy a ticket right now on Dynamic (Cough Eastern now) to Guyana.

The route choice just shows that they are not at all serious about being a real airline but still want to be a 36th street operation.
 
OB1504
Posts: 3988
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:10 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:25 am

debonair wrote:
Nothing beats the old, original Eastern livery, but I like this one a lot! :twocents:



I like their fresh approach, like their #NOBAGSLEFTBEHIND gurantee. Good luck for the start of Guayaquil, we will see how long the will stay... :white:


That’s actually the Swift Air livery, which Swift Air is also in the process of phasing out now that they’re becoming iAero Airways.

You can’t leave any bags behind if the airplane never leaves in the first place.

SierraPacific wrote:
strfyr51 wrote:
they do not intend to run a scheduled service They're cutting their teeth on Charter service which many other airlines have also done on Names you might never have heard of, Once they get their operating strategy down? You might very well see them in scheduled service as a 121 domestic, But until then? I would bet they fly as a 121 supplemental carrier. At least until they build their operations to a point they can support it. I've seen many 121 supplemental carriers who couldn't pass muster as a 121 domestic or international carrier, Arrow Air, World, Total Air , Rich International, Overseas National, Air National, Transamerica etc. They did what they did, Flew what they flew and went belly up! Hell! Mesa Airlines has been trying for YEARS to get out of the Regional feeder "Bag" . But their schemes always seem to go south. Why? Who Knows? Lack of Capital? Lack of Infrastructure? Lack of knowledge ? But they keep hanging in there. But I suspect they'll NEVER be one of the big majors until they're ready to risk going Bankrupt to TRY! David Neeleman is starting his second US airline after having started Jet Blue. I'd give them a better than even chance of success because chance favors the BOLD. If he doesn't succeed? You'll be seeing more airline consolidation in the future which may start the whining all over again with the "I can't get to my town on a direct Flight" whine yet again..


I believe they are going the scheduled route right now and you can buy a ticket right now on Dynamic (Cough Eastern now) to Guyana.

The route choice just shows that they are not at all serious about being a real airline but still want to be a 36th street operation.


Their general approach to operations shows that they’re not ready to start scheduled service. Flights regularly leave hours late and aircraft are constantly breaking down.
 
User avatar
Springbok743
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:27 pm

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:43 am

OB1504 wrote:
That’s actually the Swift Air livery, which Swift Air is also in the process of phasing out now that they’re becoming iAero Airways.


so, is this livery subject to change as well? I found the EAL roundel thingy is rather unclear with the yellow in the top...
 
debonair
Posts: 3905
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:01 pm

Springbok743 wrote:
OB1504 wrote:
That’s actually the Swift Air livery, which Swift Air is also in the process of phasing out now that they’re becoming iAero Airways.

so, is this livery subject to change as well? I found the EAL roundel thingy is rather unclear with the yellow in the top...


OFF-TOPIC: https://worldairlinenews.com/2019/12/29 ... o-airways/
Every Eurowhite is better than this, sorry, excuse me... :yuck: :vomit:

SierraPacific wrote:
I believe they are going the scheduled route right now and you can buy a ticket right now on Dynamic (Cough Eastern now) to Guyana.


It starts as well with a "G" - but it's Guayaquil from january 12th 2020, which was last time in Ecuador and not Guyana... :whiteflag:
But true, Georgetown will be added next, but only from March 2020 - filling the gap left after the Fly Jamaica Airways crash.
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10892
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:08 pm

Double post delete
Last edited by Polot on Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10892
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:09 pm

Springbok743 wrote:
OB1504 wrote:
That’s actually the Swift Air livery, which Swift Air is also in the process of phasing out now that they’re becoming iAero Airways.


so, is this livery subject to change as well? I found the EAL roundel thingy is rather unclear with the yellow in the top...

AFAIK Eastern is transitioning to this livery for now:

 
User avatar
SierraPacific
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 1:48 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:59 pm

debonair wrote:
Springbok743 wrote:
OB1504 wrote:
That’s actually the Swift Air livery, which Swift Air is also in the process of phasing out now that they’re becoming iAero Airways.

so, is this livery subject to change as well? I found the EAL roundel thingy is rather unclear with the yellow in the top...


OFF-TOPIC: https://worldairlinenews.com/2019/12/29 ... o-airways/
Every Eurowhite is better than this, sorry, excuse me... :yuck: :vomit:

SierraPacific wrote:
I believe they are going the scheduled route right now and you can buy a ticket right now on Dynamic (Cough Eastern now) to Guyana.


It starts as well with a "G" - but it's Guayaquil from january 12th 2020, which was last time in Ecuador and not Guyana... :whiteflag:
But true, Georgetown will be added next, but only from March 2020 - filling the gap left after the Fly Jamaica Airways crash.


My apologies, I always associate Dynamic/Eastern with Guyana because of their last disastrous launch of scheduled service last time
 
KarlB737
Posts: 2869
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:51 pm

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:16 pm

vegas005 wrote:
Eastern is long gone....sadly...let it go---


I found the article very informative. It neither suggests success or failure in the effort of a Eastern 3.0. It also provides a complete history of Eastern 2.0 including what happened good and bad. I believe that do to the fact that the United States no longer has to rely on foreign oil this actually could be a very good time for a start up or a restart. I disagree with your pre-judging Eastern 3.0 instead of giving them a chance. No one is saying that the effort will be easy but let those involved give it a try.
 
debonair
Posts: 3905
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:45 pm

Polot wrote:
AFAIK Eastern is transitioning to this livery for now:



Well, the tail looks, hmmm, very white... Will it stay this way?
 
catiii
Posts: 3641
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:56 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
Oh and Mark Porter? Has anyone ever even heard of this guy?


No, but his Linkedin profile is a bit of a joke:

"I am passionate about the airline industry. Seeking to provide profitable business ventures for airlines in destinations, route planning, purchasing of aircraft, airport capitalization for underused airports. I enjoy and excel at research. I feel it is Vital For Smaller airlines to find Routes at the beginning that AA, Delta, United do not Fly to. I Am a Fan of Short Runway 737-800 Aircraft used by GOL airlines of Brazil. For it opens so many secondary Airports Like New Haven CT, and many Other in The Caribbean, Central and South America. I am Also Fan of Twin Otter as it allows an Airline to Serve Airports no major carrier currently serves as they lack short runway aircraft. Twin Otter-300 and newer Twin 400 series."
 
OB1504
Posts: 3988
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:10 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:02 pm

KarlB737 wrote:
vegas005 wrote:
Eastern is long gone....sadly...let it go---


I found the article very informative. It neither suggests success or failure in the effort of a Eastern 3.0. It also provides a complete history of Eastern 2.0 including what happened good and bad. I believe that do to the fact that the United States no longer has to rely on foreign oil this actually could be a very good time for a start up or a restart. I disagree with your pre-judging Eastern 3.0 instead of giving them a chance. No one is saying that the effort will be easy but let those involved give it a try.


Eastern 3.0 is not a new airline. It’s just a new name for the same Dynamic Airways that’s been around for a decade and still can’t manage to run a reliable operation.
 
jdh823
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:23 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:23 pm

Well the "first" flight has appeared on FR24 JFK-GYE 2D122. 12:30am departure out
 
jbooser
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:18 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:51 pm

Does that Swift Air have any relationship to the truck company Swift Transportation? That "S" logo is very identical to Swift Transportation's.
 
md83ftw
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:11 am

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:08 pm

KarlB737 wrote:

I found the article very informative. It neither suggests success or failure in the effort of a Eastern 3.0. It also provides a complete history of Eastern 2.0 including what happened good and bad. I believe that do to the fact that the United States no longer has to rely on foreign oil this actually could be a very good time for a start up or a restart.


I'm not sure that is the case - oil is a global market and although the US is close to being a net energy exporter, oil prices will still reflect global demand.

A loose comparison would be the price paid for LNG in Australia. This was once an abundant and cheap resource here, but the construction of export wharf facilities in the 2010s connected our once isolated market to that of the larger region and world. We (domestic Australia) are now the worlds second largest exporter of LNG, but we also have to now pay rates competitive with those of our neighbors (Japan, India etc) for the same unit of gas, ie significantly more than we ever have before.
 
MO11
Posts: 1513
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Re: Eastern Air Lines v3.0 - new logo and plans...

Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:38 pm

jbooser wrote:
Does that Swift Air have any relationship to the truck company Swift Transportation? That "S" logo is very identical to Swift Transportation's.


It did, but not any more. The Swift Air FBO (in Phoenix) and Swift Air Management still share common ownership with Swift Transportation.

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos