gokmengs

Re: Turkish Aviation September 2019

Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:01 pm

TK787 wrote:
gokmengs wrote:
Took a trip to TZX for the weekend with TK from IST. O
Rant complete:)

I hear your rant :)
Yes, I've been to TZX few times, took the 330 there also, crowded lounge. I hear all that.
About the bussing at IST and long taxi times. I think runway 3 is going to help the Domestic flight taxi times, not the INT flights.
One thing you don't see very often at IST is empty jets being moved around between gates and remote stands. Instead of bussing people, I wonder if they can have the pax disembark at a gate and then move the jet to Domestic or International Pier while empty, where ever it needs to go??

I remember spending long hours at FRA or JFK for a connection and you'd be surprised how many jets are being towed around, don't see this being done much at IST old or new. Probably much easy and less liability to bus people around than move 250 million $ aircraft, but others do why can't TK? I don't think transfer pax love the bus ride after 14 hour flight from the other side of the world they should make it user friendly. Just my 2 cents
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa

mafaky

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Well I can understand your complaints about that bussing practice, esp. at the arrivals. If the arriving plane comes from an international destination (particularly from a long haul one) its not a a nice welcome for not given you the privilege to disembark thru a PPB. But if you do, it may probably take you a longer time to stroll, even when using those escalators, to reach the baggage claim area. The bus trip will be shorter. Similar comments for the domestic arrivals particularly if the plane docks at G8-9-10-11 area.

I don't really know why, especially TK don't like moving emptied planes between piers. But if you want to do this there has to be 4 qualified personnel to tow a plane from one gate/pier to another. Plus a pushback vehicle (naturally) and the tower's permission depending on the availability of the apron traffic. In this sense TK will surely find it unpractical.

My imagination now tickles me: Whenever that second terminal (which will be approx. 1.5-2 km distant from the present one and physically will be a twin of the first...) sooner or later opens; I'm pretty sure the present terminal will be dedicated only to TK & Star Alliance, but it's also highly probable Domestic Terminal will also occupy part of that second terminal. If TK is reluctant to move empty planes around on the first terminal, they will be even more reluctant to tow empty planes from one terminal to the other! Encouraging, eh!???
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.

TK105

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:18 pm

mafaky wrote:
Whenever that second terminal (which will be approx. 1.5-2 km distant from the present one and physically will be a twin of the first...) sooner or later opens; I'm pretty sure the present terminal will be dedicated only to TK & Star Alliance

Do you really think that TK should allow other Star Alliance members use its own terminal at IST? Especially after the situation at MUC, as TK forced to move to Terminal-1 which has a quality level below average Balcanique Airport.
The future is in the skies.

mafaky

Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:50 pm

TK105 wrote:
mafaky wrote:
Whenever that second terminal (which will be approx. 1.5-2 km distant from the present one and physically will be a twin of the first...) sooner or later opens; I'm pretty sure the present terminal will be dedicated only to TK & Star Alliance

Do you really think that TK should allow other Star Alliance members use its own terminal at IST? Especially after the situation at MUC, as TK forced to move to Terminal-1 which has a quality level below average Balcanique Airport.

Well, indeed a "diplomatic solution" will be needed. Maybe, things may get changed at MUC when things develop in IST side???

What's TK's status for TK in other countries/airports associated with Star Alliance members? I'm not much familiar in that area. I think, in all Star associated airports there's no dedicated terminal for a particular Star airline.

"Biz gönlü zengin milletizdir!!!"
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.

Blerg

Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:31 pm

Didn't LH discontinue it's code-share with TK? It would be awkward for them to be moving into a common Star Alliance terminal at IST without a code-share agreement.

gokmengs

Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:36 pm

mafaky wrote:
Well I can understand your complaints about that bussing practice, esp. at the arrivals. If the arriving plane comes from an international destination (particularly from a long haul one) its not a a nice welcome for not given you the privilege to disembark thru a PPB. But if you do, it may probably take you a longer time to stroll, even when using those escalators, to reach the baggage claim area. The bus trip will be shorter. Similar comments for the domestic arrivals particularly if the plane docks at G8-9-10-11 area.

I don't really know why, especially TK don't like moving emptied planes between piers. But if you want to do this there has to be 4 qualified personnel to tow a plane from one gate/pier to another. Plus a pushback vehicle (naturally) and the tower's permission depending on the availability of the apron traffic. In this sense TK will surely find it unpractical.

My imagination now tickles me: Whenever that second terminal (which will be approx. 1.5-2 km distant from the present one and physically will be a twin of the first...) sooner or later opens; I'm pretty sure the present terminal will be dedicated only to TK & Star Alliance, but it's also highly probable Domestic Terminal will also occupy part of that second terminal. If TK is reluctant to move empty planes around on the first terminal, they will be even more reluctant to tow empty planes from one terminal to the other! Encouraging, eh!???

Thank you for your reply I am aware by saying the passengers it’s quicker for the passengers yes but is it more convenient I am not sure its just not a flawless transfer imo. Interesting point with 2nd terminal (when is it scheduled to open btw?) I think TK better get used to towing planes between gates.

mafaky wrote:
TK105 wrote:
mafaky wrote:

"Biz gönlü zengin milletizdir!!!"

:lol:
You are one of my favorite anet user mafaky keep em coming:)

mafaky

Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:44 am

@ gokmengs :

Thank you for your reply I am aware by saying the passengers it’s quicker for the passengers yes but is it more convenient I am not sure its just not a flawless transfer imo. Interesting point with 2nd terminal (when is it scheduled to open btw?) I think TK better get used to towing planes between gates.

Aaah, the 2nd "Terminal !!! Well there are and will be a lot of discussions about it, particularly about its service-ready date and its housing. One case is pretty clear (from my insider information), though it hasn't been publicised yet: it will still be on the east side of the present terminal and most probably on the same altitude and it will be a replica of the current one from the outside and dimensions, and also enjoying a similar pax capacity. The inside build up may be pretty much different.

I will be making (calculating) some prophecies for the dates, within the next "couple of days; but they will all be in Turkish. So for those of you who may get interested pls. give me a notice with a PM and I will provide you with the links to my findings to your PM boxes in return. :bigthumbsup:

unrave

Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:46 am

Indian media is reporting that Turkish Airlines CEO Bilal Ekşi and IndiGo co-founder Rahul Bhatia met the Indian aviation minster on Monday to request increase in flying rights. Current bilateral entitlements are 14 weekly frequencies for each side, all of which have been exhausted. TK has been trying - for years - to get more rights to India. The diplomatic relationship between the two countries is complicated to there's no saying if this request will be approved.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways

ushuaia

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:18 am

18.09.2019 - Public Disclosures

The Incorporation has decided to start operating scheduled flights, based on market conditions, to Xi'an, China.

Source:
https://investor.turkishairlines.com/en ... isclosures

LAXintl

Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:29 pm

Turkish citizens 18 year of age and older with biometric chip-enabled passports can use the eGates border control at IST.

From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

stylo777

Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:36 pm

LH/TK relations have been difficult during a time - I think it was around 2011/12 - when executives didn't get along with each other. Accordingly, codeshares have been cancelled and cooperation reduced to minimum. On the other hand, both have equal shares in SunExpress thus getting along with each is somewhat required.

Looking at it from different angles, I believe, at this point LH would benefit more from a codeshare than TK. TK already flies to many, many points in North- and Southamerica which in former times was the main feed ex. Turkey via FRA/MUC. In contrary TK flies to much more destinations in Africa and Asia from which LH could benefit a lot. It's a smart move and I don't believe anything will change in near future; however, to my understanding there is a mutual understanding of cooperation on Star Alliance level (e.g. dedicated terminals, lounges, passenger and baggage handling). And thats pretty much about it. Personally, I always see TK similar to EK: huge network generating it's own feed without the crucial need of partnership with other airlines. Whatever cooperation is there is mainly driven by politics and about slots, flight rights, etc. (my personal opinion on this...)

aldrigsomandre

Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:57 pm

stylo777 wrote:
LH/TK relations have been difficult during a time - I think it was around 2011/12 - when executives didn't get along with each other. Accordingly, codeshares have been cancelled and cooperation reduced to minimum. On the other hand, both have equal shares in SunExpress thus getting along with each is somewhat required.

Looking at it from different angles, I believe, at this point LH would benefit more from a codeshare than TK. TK already flies to many, many points in North- and Southamerica which in former times was the main feed ex. Turkey via FRA/MUC. In contrary TK flies to much more destinations in Africa and Asia from which LH could benefit a lot. It's a smart move and I don't believe anything will change in near future; however, to my understanding there is a mutual understanding of cooperation on Star Alliance level (e.g. dedicated terminals, lounges, passenger and baggage handling). And thats pretty much about it. Personally, I always see TK similar to EK: huge network generating it's own feed without the crucial need of partnership with other airlines. Whatever cooperation is there is mainly driven by politics and about slots, flight rights, etc. (my personal opinion on this...)

Is there a possibility of a new expanded partnership?

Rom1

Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:41 am

ushuaia wrote:

The Incorporation has decided to start operating scheduled flights, based on market conditions, to Xi'an, China.

Source:

Nice addition with traffic coming from both end of the route, will they target mostly Chinese tourists to Europe or the opposite?
Quite surprising that they haven't focused on higher populated cities in China to expand? Chongqing or Hangzhou in particular!

Rank City Population (Metro Area)
1 Guangzhou 44,294,245
2 Shanghai 35,965,403
3 Chongqing 25,165,500
4 Beijing 22,500,000
5 Hangzhou 21,102,000
6 Wuhan 19,780,644
7 Chengdu 18,000,000
8 Tianjin 16,000,000
9 Xi'an 13,569,700

Delta28L

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:16 am

Rom1 wrote:
ushuaia wrote:

Source:

Nice addition with traffic coming from both end of the route, will they target mostly Chinese tourists to Europe or the opposite?
Quite surprising that they haven't focused on higher populated cities in China to expand? Chongqing or Hangzhou in particular!

1 Guangzhou 44,294,245
2 Shanghai 35,965,403
3 Chongqing 25,165,500
4 Beijing 22,500,000
5 Hangzhou 21,102,000
6 Wuhan 19,780,644
7 Chengdu 18,000,000
8 Tianjin 16,000,000
9 Xi'an 13,569,700

Probably they can’t get authorization to start certain routes due to the Chinese government protecting the Chinese airlines. Sichuan connects Chengdu and China southern connects Wuhan so five of the nine cities have direct flights to turkey.

A321Lufthansa

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:22 am

aldrigsomandre wrote:
stylo777 wrote:

And TK was even kicked off from T2 at MUC. Same is about VIE - they’ve never got a place in *A T3.
Last flown aircrafts: A21N TC-LSF < B738 TC-JVY < E190 D-AECF < B77W VP-BGC < A320 VP-BOM < A320 VQ-BES < A320 OE-LBO < A21N CS-TJO < A21N CS-TXC < E190 CS-TPQ < A319 F-GRXC < A321 F-GTAH < B738 SP-LWF < E175 SP-LII

mafaky

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:39 am

Delta28L wrote:
Rom1 wrote:
ushuaia wrote:

Source:

1 Guangzhou 44,294,245
2 Shanghai 35,965,403
3 Chongqing 25,165,500
4 Beijing 22,500,000
5 Hangzhou 21,102,000
6 Wuhan 19,780,644
7 Chengdu 18,000,000
8 Tianjin 16,000,000
9 Xi'an 13,569,700

Probably they can’t get authorization to start certain routes due to the Chinese government protecting the Chinese airlines. Sichuan connects Chengdu and China southern connects Wuhan so five of the nine cities have direct flights to turkey.

Add to that there's that Onur Air's adventure for flying to Chongqing, since 2017, which never materialised. In fact, they first got slots for Chengdu, which were later changed to Chongqing. (But there are also rumors that Onur Air will be sold to some Chinese Carrier or some Chinese Venture...)

aldrigsomandre

Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:38 pm

A321Lufthansa wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:
stylo777 wrote:

And TK was even kicked off from T2 at MUC. Same is about VIE - they’ve never got a place in *A T3.

Fascinating indeed. I reckon LH is bitter that TK is a viable option for travel for Germans and Austrians.

gokmengs

Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:52 pm

Regarding the TK and LH bitterness, I remember way back when I mean I'm talking when the 310's were when the 340's were new in the fleet, LH was TK's biggest competitor and number 2 in the market for Turkey to International markets (I remember reading this on a newspaper and being shocked) Star Alliance for sure helped TK a lot but TK now brings a lot to the table with destinations not offered by anyone in the alliance but TK. TK should be competitive and not succumb, as mafaky would say ne kadar ekmek o kadar kofte:))) If LH is not accommodating to TK, TK should be the same way. I believe TK's closest members in the Alliance are SQ, NZ and NH this only comes from anectodal evidence as I see their code shares on the board more than others.

LAXintl

Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:35 am

Pegasus Airlines sold its 49% stake in Kyrgyz subsidiary Air Manas.

https://atwonline.com/airlines/pegasus- ... line-stake

Rom1 wrote:

1 Guangzhou 44,294,245
2 Shanghai 35,965,403
3 Chongqing 25,165,500
4 Beijing 22,500,000
5 Hangzhou 21,102,000
6 Wuhan 19,780,644
7 Chengdu 18,000,000
8 Tianjin 16,000,000
9 Xi'an 13,569,700

Its not that TK did not focus, its what the Chinese offered. Turkey was offered access to Xian and Xiamen back in the spring and chose Xian in May.

LAXintl

Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:07 am

The LH-TK discussion a bit ironic since it was LH that sponsored TK into Star.

Also if one remembers back to 2012, German Chancellor Angela Merkel had suggested the carriers enter into deeper partnership including “joint management”, so there was definitely interest intensify the cooperation between LH and TK at the time.
From rumors that I heard, much of this "joint management" was LH buying a stake in TK and trying to run it like LX, OS, SN etc. Obviously not something Turkish side would agree to become submissive to German management especially as TK was the growth path and LH was stagnant and loss-making at the time.

mafaky

Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:27 am

LAXintl wrote:
The LH-TK discussion a bit ironic since it was LH that sponsored TK into Star.

Also if one remembers back to 2012, German Chancellor Angela Merkel had suggested the carriers enter into deeper partnership including “joint management”, so there was definitely interest intensify the cooperation between LH and TK at the time.
From rumors that I heard, much of this "joint management" was LH buying a stake in TK and trying to run it like LX, OS, SN etc. Obviously not something Turkish side would agree to become submissive to German management especially as TK was the growth path and LH was stagnant and loss-making at the time.

Well, the rumors that I have also heard for those "2012 proposals" are exactly the same as above but in addition Germany said/promised to provide all the finance (possibly partly as cash and mostly as long term/low interest credit) needed for building Istanbul Airport from scratch... (That "bonus carrot for the rabbit!")

mxp

Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:35 am

Good day and regards everyone. Just left TK 738 in MXP coming from SAW in business and was great like always. I tried to log yesterday the 789 that was schedule to AYT but was changed to 773ER. Anyway i have a question about 3 Aircraft registrations i spotted in SAW when taking. An Azur 763,a Shaheen A333 and an Aircraft completely scrapped except for cockpit tail. If anyone can help me thx.
Regards
Alberto

TK787
Topic Author

Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:30 pm

Hello there,
Another one from me, probably just had one of my most bumpiest flight over the Atlantic on TK4 last night. Both meal services had to be abandoned after starting. Full flight on -LND. gokmengs, you would have enjoyed the 9 minute taxi to BPiers :) at 5:30am

GoldenArrow

Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:17 pm

mxp wrote:
Good day and regards everyone. Just left TK 738 in MXP coming from SAW in business and was great like always. I tried to log yesterday the 789 that was schedule to AYT but was changed to 773ER. Anyway i have a question about 3 Aircraft registrations i spotted in SAW when taking. An Azur 763,a Shaheen A333 and an Aircraft completely scrapped except for cockpit tail. If anyone can help me thx.
Regards
Alberto

The Shaheen Airbus A332 at SAW is ex AP-BMK. It is a former KLM bird. The lessor is Aergo Capital. The next customer should be Jordan Aviation.

The Azur 763 is VP-BRA (ex El Al). I think it was prepared at SAW and will be delivered soon to Azur.

Source: planespotters.net

LAXintl

Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:28 am

As promised additional LAX frequencies.

Effective June 2020

TuWeFrSu
TK179 IST-LAX 0835-1220
TK180 LAX-IST 1400-1305+1
A350-900

Daily flight remains on 77W.

Blerg

Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:53 am

LAXintl wrote:

Effective June 2020

TuWeFrSu
TK179 IST-LAX 0835-1220
A350-900

When is the first A350 expected to join the fleet?

gokmengs

Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:21 am

LAXintl wrote:

Effective June 2020

TuWeFrSu
TK179 IST-LAX 0835-1220
A350-900

Interesting flight number choice, god its so nice to read the 350 on a schedule release:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ist2014

Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:00 am

I think morning departure makes sense, it fits with all middle east particullary iran artivals, what about afternoon artival to istanbul, for which destinations it fits? Any idea, i think for middle esat dies not make sense

mafaky

Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:22 am

Blerg wrote:
When is the first A350 expected to join the fleet?

Some time in March 2020, the first 359 is scheduled to join TK Fleet.

LAXintl

Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:21 pm

On the A350, LAX becomes the fist longhaul route on the schedule, however both LHR and DXB are planned to start in April.

LAXintl

Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:29 pm

Turkey - Mongolia sign updated air service agreement.

Allows for additional seats and widebody use. Today TK serves Ulan Bator via Bishkek using 739s. I would imagine route go nonstop eventually.

ist2014

Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:15 pm

Still Very conservative bilateral
It means 3wx250 A332 (jna-jne have 250 seats)
Is Mogolistan airlines have sufficient capcity or which air line is dominant there? Chinesse?

Delta28L

Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:48 pm

ist2014 wrote:
Still Very conservative bilateral
It means 3wx250 A332 (jna-jne have 250 seats)
Is Mogolistan airlines have sufficient capcity or which air line is dominant there? Chinesse?

There’s MIAT Mongolian Airlines that flies internationally and there’s Hunnu Air that’s a smaller airline. Air China is the only Chinese airline that files to Mongolia at this moment.

LAXintl

Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:48 pm

MeCe wrote:
IAD will be 330 for a while, but how long I dont know.

333 to IAD was a brief substitution to allow ATL to start its 789 services on September 10th. IAD is now back to 789 which is planned for throughout the winter season.

Speaking of IAD, they will see a 2nd frequency also in 2020, starting April 27th.

MoThSa
TK187 IST-IAD 0855-1255
TK188 IAD-IST 1705-0955+1
787-9

AirbusA343

Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:20 am

TC-JTR, a TK A321, has been painted in a special Teknofest livery.

gokmengs

Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:47 am

AirbusA343 wrote:

Its been on a.net for a while. Made the top 5 one day

gokmengs

Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:51 am

LAXintl wrote:
MeCe wrote:
IAD will be 330 for a while, but how long I dont know.

333 to IAD was a brief substitution to allow ATL to start its 789 services on September 10th. IAD is now back to 789 which is planned for throughout the winter season.

Speaking of IAD, they will see a 2nd frequency also in 2020, starting April 27th.

MoThSa
TK187 IST-IAD 0855-1255
TK188 IAD-IST 1705-0955+1
787-9

So from the early looks of it TK strategy with the 787-9 for me is they will be used to open up long and relatively thin routes such as mex-cun (SEA-DFW-DET) and also to add frequency to 1 daily 777W routes. Which is great because LAX and IAD needed the extra seats.
Can’t figure out what the 350 missions will be, so many routes can come online with the addition of 787 and 350 exciting times for us:)

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:32 pm

By the way, TK A350 is getting there slowly but surely. Airbus line number 393's parts are arriving and TK's first frame is 403.

AirbusA343

Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:52 pm

gokmengs wrote:
AirbusA343 wrote:

Its been on a.net for a while. Made the top 5 one day

I haven't seen it, I thought it was worthwhile noting it here though. I only found out today because I was looking at what frames TK1993/4 has been getting this week and stumbled across a picture of JTR. I think it got the livery a week or two ago when it went to ISL for a while.

ankaraflyjet

Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:43 pm

Actually goes to early 70'ies when THY decided to purchase the DC-10s ordered by ANA and then allocated to THY by Mc Donnel Douglas. TK was the launch customer of DC-10 in Europe as a result, ahead of Swissair and KLM...

LAXintl wrote:
TK787 wrote:
According to Turkish Tourism minister by mid 2020 there could be 4 dailies between IST and Japan:
TK to Narita, Osaka and Haneda
ANA to IST.
What are the chances of this? Is there really this much demand between the two countries??

It's much more than just about Japan-Turkey demand. TK will sell connecting seats.

aldrigsomandre wrote:
There is a possibility if a rather comprehensive codeshare agreement between TK and ANA is signed before launch.

:checkmark: I fully expect closer cooperation.

Actually NH-TK relationship has interesting story and goes back to 1989 when then President Ozal personally got involved and worked to bring ANA in as advisory role to TK and also to help build technical knowhow for a future 747 fleet at TK. The 747 project was killed with the first Gulf War, but cordial relations between NH-TK have lasted.

YYZORD

Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:20 pm

Any updates on IST-YVR by TK? Shouldn't take them this long to make a decision if the Canadian government gave them permission to fly YVR 3x weekly? YVR can also serve SEA pax with shuttle buses between the two airports.

Ishrion

Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:53 pm

YYZORD wrote:
Any updates on IST-YVR by TK? Shouldn't take them this long to make a decision if the Canadian government gave them permission to fly YVR 3x weekly? YVR can also serve SEA pax with shuttle buses between the two airports.

Do they have the “authority” to operate the route (like Vietnam’s LAX/SFO/SEA/JFK/DFW) or did they actually apply to launch the route?

YYZORD

Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:20 pm

Ishrion wrote:
YYZORD wrote:

Do they have the “authority” to operate the route (like Vietnam’s LAX/SFO/SEA/JFK/DFW) or did they actually apply to launch the route?

They have the authority, just it all depends on TK's decision now.

BA

Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:46 pm

YYZORD wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
YYZORD wrote:

This article from last month mentions SEA, MCO, and LAS as on the radar for TK. If they're eyeing SEA, then I doubt they will also serve YVR.

https://www.dailysabah.com/business/201 ... h-airlines
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

YYZORD

Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:42 pm

BA wrote:
YYZORD wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

This article from last month mentions SEA, MCO, and LAS as on the radar for TK. If they're eyeing SEA, then I doubt they will also serve YVR.

https://www.dailysabah.com/business/201 ... h-airlines

This article was before the canadian government gave the green light to TK to serve YVR 3x weekly

LAXintl

Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:56 pm

gokmengs wrote:
So from the early looks of it TK strategy with the 787-9 for me is they will be used to open up long and relatively thin routes such as mex-cun (SEA-DFW-DET) and also to add frequency to 1 daily 777W routes. Which is great because LAX and IAD needed the extra seats.
Can’t figure out what the 350 missions will be, so many routes can come online with the addition of 787 and 350 exciting times for us:)

One difference is A359 is larger than than the 789, closer to 77W in seat capacity.

B747forever

Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:36 pm

LAXintl wrote:

Effective June 2020

TuWeFrSu
TK179 IST-LAX 0835-1220
A350-900

Great news! Glad to see them back for more than 1x daily.
Work Hard, Fly Right

gokmengs

Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:37 pm

LAXintl wrote:
gokmengs wrote:

One difference is A359 is larger than than the 789, closer to 77W in seat capacity.

Indeed. I’m aware of the capacity similarity hence I’m having a hard time predicting where they will be deployed. You might have a better idea as usual:)

Ishrion

Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:00 pm

YYZORD wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
YYZORD wrote:

Yes... they have the authority. I'm sorry to say, but this does not mean they'll actually fly it.

Like I said above, Vietnam Airlines has the authority by the DOT to operate SGN/HAN-TPE/KIX/NGO-SEA/SFO/JFK/LAX/DFW, but do you really think they'll operate some of those routes?

Another example is Norwegian's authority on a few U.S. routes:

Buenos Aires – Chicago.
Buenos Aires – Dallas.
Buenos Aires – Honolulu.
Buenos Aires – Los Ángeles.
Buenos Aires – New York.
Buenos Aires – Fort Lauderdale.
Buenos Aires - Orlando.
Buenos Aires – San Francisco.
Córdoba – Fort Lauderdale.
Mendoza – Miami.
Rosario – Fort Lauderdale.

None of which have begun.

The authority means they have it in their hands, if they ever want to fly the route.

mercure1

Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:12 pm

Nice to see TK offer additional frequencies on its U.S. service. This should help build network connectivity options even further.
No reason why TK cant eventually offer multiple daily flights to many longhaul destinations like other European airlines.

I saw photo another TK 77F is getting ready at Boeing. What number is this?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFAoX9dUYAIbQ3N.jpg
mercure f-wtcc

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos