Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jumbojet
Topic Author

MINT and other Service Cuts to JetBlue, starting 9/1

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:01 pm

If already posted, please merge/delete.

Are things that bad at Blue? I know some of these changes were announced several years ago as part of a strategy to reduce costs by up to $300M but some of these ideas seem ludicrous and will undoubtedly affect the customer experience,

Some highlights;

At BOS, all A320/321's will only have one cleaner clean the plane, focusing only on the bathroom. The 2nd cleaner, who's job was to vacuum the carpet, will get cut. Blue says this will save turn time at BOS. Really? Blue thinks that eliminating the guy/gal that vacuums the carpet is going to help turn a plane? Ultimately its going to save them money but now passengers are going to notice a very dirty plane. Not the place you want to cut costs if you ask me. Do other airlines brush off on the vacuuming? I know on DL flights, I usually see a team of anywhere between 2-4 cleaners tackling each plane.

Catering cuts, Blue will now try to get two round trips out of each plane before restocking the onboard snack options instead of the usual restocking at each hub, Again, times are that bad at Blue that snacks are getting cut? Its bad when your front line employees have to start apologizing for things like dirty planes and no snacks, especially when your competitors are adding options, Blue is taking away,

MINT cuts, which are the riskiest.

No more whole fruit, apples and oranges for snacks
No more Grey Goose and Bulliet Bourbon, to be replaced by Tito's and Jack (huge downgrade)
Cutting the box for the decorative Milkbar cookie at the end of the flight - though the cookie remains
No more Raaka Chocolates

Quote from the article

None of these cuts alone would likely be seen as enough to consider the product significantly degraded. But seeing them as a group, and at a time where some competitors are upping service standards, there may be reason for concern.

MIXED MESSAGES

JetBlue’s service cuts come against the backdrop of a new advertising campaign – “Just Alright Doesn’t Fly Here” – launched earlier this month. The campaign highlights the better customer service levels and on-board experience that the carrier offers relative to the competition. With the service changes in play, however, delivering on that promise of a better passenger experience becomes more challenging.

One of the best parts of flying with JetBlue is the passion its front-line staff have for the company. That’s easier to deliver when the product supports it. Faced with apologizing for broken systems, dirty planes and running out of beverages is a bear on that crew and makes for a much harder work environment. And when crew start quipping among themselves, “I guess just alright does fly here” that can lead to bigger problems down the line.

Thoughts?

https://paxex.aero/2019/08/jetblue-mint-catering-cuts/

Delta777Jet

Re: MINT and other Service Cuts to JetBlue, starting 9/1

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:06 pm

Probably still better than flying AA !

HardeesBiscuit

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:17 pm

it's not like many airlines are doing things as well as mint... so they can probably get away with it unfortunately

Cubsrule

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:23 pm

jumbojet wrote:
If already posted, please merge/delete.

Are things that bad at Blue? I know some of these changes were announced several years ago as part of a strategy to reduce costs by up to $300M but some of these ideas seem ludicrous and will undoubtedly affect the customer experience,

Some highlights;

No more whole fruit, apples and oranges for snacks
No more Grey Goose and Bulliet Bourbon, to be replaced by Tito's and Jack (huge downgrade)
Cutting the box for the decorative Milkbar cookie at the end of the flight - though the cookie remains
No more Raaka Chocolates

Quote from the article

This is difficult for the carrier to get right. These changes are annoying (I virtually always get a piece of fruit out of any carrier’s snack basket when it’s offered), but it’s hard to argue with a straight face that any of these changes will drive booking behavior for me. But that’s different for each passenger. For instance, the new bins that DL put on many of the Airbus narrowbodies are a huge value add for me. Passengers who always check bags or only have very short trips probably don’t care.

WeatherPilot

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:32 pm

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

CobaltScar

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:37 pm

I'm glad this article was released. How passengers don't demand professionally cleaned planes for their trips is way beyond my understanding, especially in this era of so many new and old contagions rearing their head. Now people have to sit among the crumbs that fell out of other passengers mouths? yikes

CobaltScar

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:39 pm

Also reduced catering means they are going to run out of various drinks too right? Good luck getting ginger ale on that last leg.

airlineworker

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:51 pm

CobaltScar wrote:
I'm glad this article was released. How passengers don't demand professionally cleaned planes for their trips is way beyond my understanding, especially in this era of so many new and old contagions rearing their head. Now people have to sit among the crumbs that fell out of other passengers mouths? yikes

Passengers demand? Those days are long gone. The cattle car mentality has been with us for years. Passengers vote with their wallets and all the majors are about the same, squeeze in more seats, charge for early boarding, end seats, two more inches of leg room, etc.
Air travel is not what it used to be many years ago, the new normal is here to stay.

DL747400

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:54 pm

With these types of cuts, it will become easier for DL to gain more ground, especially in BOS as they are ramping up the number of destinations and daily flights.

Bluewho

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:06 pm

I feel like this was leaked from FAs. Now no doubt the company is OBSESSED with EPS but I haven’t seen 1 cleaner yet also. As far as mint goes I have seen a bunch of waste and really we need a decorative box?

I have no doubt they have looked at this and been like well we keep throwing apples and oranges away or this and that so why keep them? If you are telling me you are going to delta because of a decorative box well I don’t know what to say.

As far as the alcohol goes that just lines up with core anyway, I prefer bullet over jack but Tito’s over absolute so I guess it’s a push.

Let’s not get all excited Delta crew this doesn’t mean you are taking over Boston.

Also read they “exterminated” with it not that is policy.

Abeam79

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:19 pm

DL747400 wrote:
With these types of cuts, it will become easier for DL to gain more ground, especially in BOS as they are ramping up the number of destinations and daily flights.

I hope your joking, cause fruits have made a difference on how a passenger bookings? Customer surveys have been out saying that b6 is the preferred product. On b6 in Boston, you get more legroom, now that delta reduced leg groom on their airbus, free WiFi, and much higher array of snacks and way more expansive entertainment package than delta. This is new the new market driver, not fruits and cookies, most of which been thrown away anyhow.
Plus all these supposedly “adds” by delta in Boston is on outsourced small regional jets with bare minimum product, ie no seatback entertainment, WiFi, legroom, etc

shamrock137

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:25 pm

Some of these are a shame, dropping Bulleit for sure, but other changes bring them in line with other carriers. JetBlue is one of the few carriers that fully cleans the aircraft on every turn, outstation or hub. Most give a full clean at the hub and on demand or light clean only at the out station, think just trash and maybe a wipe-down of the lav if the FA requests it. Catering... mixed bag there. If they do it right it could work. Again, they're really only doing what most other airlines already do, and in some cases, offering more. Part of what must make it tough for them is the variety of offerings they have, and the fact that they offer a beverage and snack service on every flight. DL on the other hand doesn't do drink services on flights less then 350 miles, or snack service on flights less then 250 and most of their regional flights don't carry the full choices of snacks.

I wonder if these changes to catering will force B6 to be more conservative on catering in line with DL.
Last edited by shamrock137 on Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dcaproducer

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:47 pm

HardeesBiscuit wrote:
it's not like many airlines are doing things as well as mint... so they can probably get away with it unfortunately

Delta flies a D1 equipped aircraft on BOS-LAX and I’d say that hard/soft product competes very well with Mint.

GripenFan

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:52 pm

WeatherPilot wrote:
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Best one-line summary of a thread I've ever seen! Bravo!!!

hiflyeras

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:58 pm

AS tried to cut the cleaning to a minimum years ago...one cleaner at outstations, two at hubs with only RON's getting a decent go-over. it didn't last as the customer complaints about dirty planes shot through the roof.

BMWdrvr75

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:59 pm

Sounds like Blue is getting ready for their merger with Southwest....The only thing they need to do now is dump the carts and bring back tray service...

airbazar

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:14 pm

DL747400 wrote:

dcaproducer wrote:
HardeesBiscuit wrote:

Delta flies a D1 equipped aircraft on BOS-LAX and I’d say that hard/soft product competes very well with Mint.

It's also significantly more expensive. At BOS, DL and B6 have some overlap but ultimately they cater to different customers. Just as an example, B6 has no catering and no lounges while DL serves you a hot meal and has lounges. But to get the DL service you have to pay more.
At BOS that's strategy is in part born out of necessity. DL's terminal is smaller and DL has a lot fewer gates to play with so they have to focus on quality over volume. DL will never be able to match B6 on volume from BOS for as long as B6 stays in business and DL is limited to terminal A.
Last edited by airbazar on Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiowa

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:14 pm

Delta777Jet wrote:

or DAL!!

chonetsao

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:19 pm

Delta777Jet wrote:

Have you actually flew AA equivalent of Mint on the JFK LAX routes? At least AA has 2-4 cleaners for its planes. AA first class cookies is always good. And the sundae?

clrd4t8koff

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:27 pm

jumbojet wrote:

What a joke! This is a huge downgrade??? Tito's is only the most popular vodka in the USA right now and Grey Goose is garbage. It used celebrities to endorse their products to come across as a premium vodka, but that didn't last long.

As for the difference between Bulliet and Jack - yeah, nobody is going to lose sleep over that. But keep pushing your "huge downgrade" agenda :rotfl:

clrd4t8koff

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:33 pm

DL747400 wrote:

Ha, what a joke. As someone who fly's DL primarily out of BOS (work contract) there's no way DL will ever compete with B6 as long as they keep adding destinations on CR9's and E175's vs B6 on A320/321's. DL couldn't even make lie-flat's work on BOS-SFO, yet B6 is increasing BOS-SFO to 5x & 6x daily lie flats. On top of that B6 has premium cabins from BOS - SEA, LAS, SFO, LAX, SAN and BGI. DL has premium cabins to one domestic market from BOS, which is LAX. B6 owns the domestic premium market out of BOS and will continue to.

The only place DL has ground to gain from BOS is to Europe and they're doing their darnedest to preempt B6.

Cubsrule

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:39 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
DL747400 wrote:

Ha, what a joke. As someone who fly's DL primarily out of BOS (work contract) there's no way DL will ever compete with B6 as long as they keep adding destinations on CR9's and E175's vs B6 on A320/321's. DL couldn't even make lie-flat's work on BOS-SFO, yet B6 is increasing BOS-SFO to 5x & 6x daily lie flats. On top of that B6 has premium cabins from BOS - SEA, LAS, SFO, LAX, SAN and BGI. DL has premium cabins to one domestic market from BOS, which is LAX. B6 owns the domestic premium market out of BOS and will continue to.

The only place DL has ground to gain from BOS is to Europe and they're doing their darnedest to preempt B6.

I’m struggling with how the hard product on the E75 is worse than a B6 Airbus? PTVs I guess?

clrd4t8koff

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:47 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
DL747400 wrote:

I’m struggling with how the hard product on the E75 is worse than a B6 Airbus? PTVs I guess?

PTV's, free wifi, much larger cabins, more 'even space options' vs. DL's 'economy comfort.' B6 has 42 even more space seats on the A320 vs. DL's 12 Economy comfort on the E175.

On the premium routes (B6 MINT 321 vs. DL 757) - Free wifi on B6, staggered 2-2/ 1-2 lie flats vs DL's 2-2. Sliding doors for more privacy on B6.

Cubsrule

Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:05 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:

PTV's, free wifi, much larger cabins, more 'even space options' vs. DL's 'economy comfort.' B6 has 42 even more space seats on the A320 vs. DL's 12 Economy comfort on the E175.

On the premium routes (B6 MINT 321 vs. DL 757) - Free wifi on B6, staggered 2-2/ 1-2 lie flats vs DL's 2-2. Sliding doors for more privacy on B6.

Remind me how many F seats are available on B6’s non-Mint aircraft?

EK77WNH

Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:16 pm

I’m surprised B6 doesn’t run an advertisement saying “All we fly are mainline jets.” The more RJs DL throws at BOS, the more that difference stands out.

Lemieux

Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:22 pm

Delta777Jet wrote:

Surely the guy with the username "Delta777Jet" won't be biased at all lmao. AA's premium product on transcon routes blows anything else out of the water, especially DL

alasizon

Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:30 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

What a joke! This is a huge downgrade??? Tito's is only the most popular vodka in the USA right now and Grey Goose is garbage. It used celebrities to endorse their products to come across as a premium vodka, but that didn't last long.

As for the difference between Bulliet and Jack - yeah, nobody is going to lose sleep over that. But keep pushing your "huge downgrade" agenda :rotfl:

Not only is Tito's more popular currently; but there was an airline (I think it was US) that ran a small focus group and found that passengers were more likely to buy a second drink if they were consuming Tito's or Ketel One compared to Grey Goose and Smirnoff. While that is irrelevant when it comes to Mint and their complimentary offerings; it still shows that passenger satisfaction is likely higher with Tito's.

This probably is also a cost saving measure when it comes to catering; the more drawer packouts you have, the higher the cost.

DL747400

Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:32 pm

airbazar wrote:
It's also significantly more expensive. At BOS, DL and B6 have some overlap but ultimately they cater to different customers. Just as an example, B6 has no catering and no lounges while DL serves you a hot meal and has lounges. But to get the DL service you have to pay more.
At BOS that's strategy is in part born out of necessity. DL's terminal is smaller and DL has a lot fewer gates to play with so they have to focus on quality over volume. DL will never be able to match B6 on volume from BOS for as long as B6 stays in business and DL is limited to terminal A.

Not on my recent DL flights. ATTENTION BOSTON: It doesn’t cost any more to fly DL and get all of the amenities and perks of a quality, high-performing global carrier.

FlyHappy

Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:39 pm

elminating a single groomer seems like the wrong place to save a pretty small amount of money.
if anything, adding more groomers strikes me as the better way to reduce turn time (if that's really the true motivation).

pax of all classes quickly forget and forgive small things like snack or booze choices, but dirty planes leave a lasting impression on everyone.

bad move.

STT757

Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:48 pm

BMWdrvr75 wrote:
Sounds like Blue is getting ready for their merger with Southwest....The only thing they need to do now is dump the carts and bring back tray service...

I know you were probably joking. But I was wondering if WN's recent moves of cutting EWR and the recent BOS cuts wasn't meant to remove overlap where regulators might raise concerns during a merger.

I don't think WN cares about the mixed fleet issue anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bluewho

Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:57 pm

DL747400 wrote:
airbazar wrote:

Not on my recent DL flights. ATTENTION BOSTON: It doesn’t cost any more to fly DL and get all of the amenities and perks of a quality, high-performing global carrier.

Oh my
People of Boston welcome GODs favorite airline

Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:00 pm

Delta777Jet wrote:

United is far worse. I am loyal to AA and had no bad experiences so far this year. But at United, totally the opposite. I flew them twice this year after avoiding them for years and both times the staff was rude, for planes were dirty and worn and the device was atrocious.

trueblew

Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:13 pm

FlyHappy wrote:
elminating a single groomer seems like the wrong place to save a pretty small amount of money.
if anything, adding more groomers strikes me as the better way to reduce turn time (if that's really the true motivation).

pax of all classes quickly forget and forgive small things like snack or booze choices, but dirty planes leave a lasting impression on everyone.

bad move.

Bingo. This is a horrible, awful short-sighted move. Typical BS-ix.

With more cleaners, turn time could be dramatically reduced and crews would be able to clean more aircraft. I've read complaints from customers regarding dirty cabins and trash in seat-back pockets.... well, yeah. That's what you get with an airline trying to skimp on cleaners and guilt tripping their employees on pass travel into playing amateur cabin cleaner while blocking the egress of the paying passengers.

alasizon

Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:31 pm

trueblew wrote:
FlyHappy wrote:

bad move.

Bingo. This is a horrible, awful short-sighted move. Typical BS-ix.

With more cleaners, turn time could be dramatically reduced and crews would be able to clean more aircraft. I've read complaints from customers regarding dirty cabins and trash in seat-back pockets.... well, yeah. That's what you get with an airline trying to skimp on cleaners and guilt tripping their employees on pass travel into playing amateur cabin cleaner while blocking the egress of the paying passengers.

Adding more cleaners doesn't necessarily improve turn time. There is a physical limit to how much the cleaners can swim upstream during deplaning and also a limit as to how many you can get on a plane before they begin to trip over one another.

toltommy

Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:45 pm

FlyHappy wrote:

bad move.

Yes and no. For a carrier the size of B6, that's a substantial labor reduction in a day. But at what cost. By last flight of the day, the plane is likely going to be pretty dirty. Will the standard RON cleaning on overnights be good enough to handle?

Question for those in the know: Is the cleaner being cut a B6 employee, a contract employee, or a mix depending on station? The answer could be driving the cost, and the need to cut said cost.

jfern022

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:05 pm

Lemieux wrote:
Delta777Jet wrote:

Surely the guy with the username "Delta777Jet" won't be biased at all lmao. AA's premium product on transcon routes blows anything else out of the water, especially DL

But that means you have to fly AA and deal with their surly staff. Everyone, and I repeat everyone is miserable there and it shows.

KLMatSJC

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:07 pm

EK77WNH wrote:
I’m surprised B6 doesn’t run an advertisement saying “All we fly are mainline jets.” The more RJs DL throws at BOS, the more that difference stands out.

Because with the 2x2 config of the 190s, no one will be able to tell the difference between that and a CRJ-200.

AA737-823

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:30 pm

I've always thought JetBlue planes had dirty cabins. At least, in my limited experience.
But nowhere NEAR as disgusting as my flights on Sun Country and Frontier this summer. Both of those were like a used chewing gum museum.

KLMatSJC wrote:
EK77WNH wrote:

Because with the 2x2 config of the 190s, no one will be able to tell the difference between that and a CRJ-200.

If you're trying to convince even the dumbest of a.net users that the E190 is basically the same cabin experience as a CRJ-200, you're going to get laughed off of your dial up modem connection.

jayunited

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:34 pm

United under Smisek tried to get 2 round trips worth of catering snacks out of some flights, it failed right out the gate. The idea looks good on paper but what the bean counters are not revealing is the actual truth. In order to get 2 round trips of catering to fit in the existing space you have to reduce the overall amount of catering for each individual flight. Galleys only have so much space, most narrow body galleys can carry round trip catering without cutting selection or the amount of catering boarded but when you add the additional round trip you can not carry what you normally would for a single flight or a single round trip flight do to lack of space.
This is purely a cost cutting move it has nothing to do with shaving time off the turn and in the end it will only hurt B6 not help them achieve their goals.
The same applies to cutting the cleaning crew down to 1 person on the turn, it will not improve turn times and passengers will quickly notice dirty airplanes unless B6 expects their FA's to step in and become de facto cleaners in between flights.

Bluewho

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:34 pm

KLMatSJC wrote:
EK77WNH wrote:

Really?

maverick4002

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:41 pm

Looks at post title, looks at OP, ....oh lol

Bluewho

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:16 pm

toltommy wrote:
FlyHappy wrote:

bad move.

Yes and no. For a carrier the size of B6, that's a substantial labor reduction in a day. But at what cost. By last flight of the day, the plane is likely going to be pretty dirty. Will the standard RON cleaning on overnights be good enough to handle?

Question for those in the know: Is the cleaner being cut a B6 employee, a contract employee, or a mix depending on station? The answer could be driving the cost, and the need to cut said cost.

Again this is a blog post and not an official JetBlue policy.

But cleaners are outsourced as of around 2012 or so been that way in the hubs for many many years.

MR27122

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:23 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

Zero. Yet, you didn't know that already? <sarcasm> :smile:

Our corp-contract is w/ B6 outta BOS. LAX/SFO/LAS/SEA/SAN we all fly Mint. I don't drink alcohol, thus that "change" is meaningless...@ least to me. The loss of fresh fruit sucks...the food in Mint is "okay". A perception exists that Mint food is great & unique (tapas style)...after >5-7 flights it all tastes the same....which for me is fresh fruit & sleep 'cause I don't eat the food...so the loss of fruit is indeed a loss....ohh the cookie, it kinda sucks so not much concern over packaging. AA for all the present negatives still has the best damn Cookies in the sky!! (subjective) :stirthepot:

The BIG difference is that in 5 years as a Mosiac, I've always been "upgraded" to an Even-More-Space seat (& "apologized" to when it's a middle & I decline)...approx 6 flights a month x 12 months =72 flts x 4 yrs =288 upgrades. I'm averaging 100% upgrades to more-space....what would my % be upon DL?

Cubsrule

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:30 pm

MR27122 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:

Our corp-contract is w/ B6 outta BOS. LAX/SFO/LAS/SEA/SAN we all fly Mint. I don't drink alcohol, thus that "change" is meaningless...@ least to me. The loss of fresh fruit sucks...the food in Mint is "okay". A perception exists that Mint food is great & unique (tapas style)...after >5-7 flights it all tastes the same....which for me is fresh fruit & sleep 'cause I don't eat the food...so the loss of fruit is indeed a loss....ohh the cookie, it kinda sucks so not much concern over packaging. AA for all the present negatives still has the best damn Cookies in the sky!! (subjective) :stirthepot:

The BIG difference is that in 5 years as a Mosiac, I've always been "upgraded" to an Even-More-Space seat (& "apologized" to when it's a middle & I decline)...approx 6 flights a month x 12 months =72 flts x 4 yrs =288 upgrades. I'm averaging 100% upgrades to more-space....what would my % be upon DL?

Are you counting exit rows as analogous to Even More Space? If so, you’d bat close to 1.000 as a gold or better on DL.

Bluewho

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:39 pm

MR27122 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:

As a mosaic definitely write in and tell them how you feel.

usxguy

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:43 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

Does this put the catering more in line with Core? (ie - different liquor packs for Mint v Core?)

KLMatSJC

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:45 pm

AA737-823 wrote:
If you're trying to convince even the dumbest of a.net users that the E190 is basically the same cabin experience as a CRJ-200, you're going to get laughed off of your dial up modem connection.

I'm saying the exact opposite. Obviously there's a huge difference, but for those who don't look at (or care) about the aircraft that they fly on (which is 99% of the general population), there might not be.

Iloveboeing

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:47 pm

.....and they're charging for checked bags and adding other fees. What happened to David Neeleman's "bringing humanity back to air travel?"

grbauc

Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:37 pm

airlineworker wrote:
CobaltScar wrote:

Passengers demand? Those days are long gone. The cattle car mentality has been with us for years. Passengers vote with their wallets and all the majors are about the same, squeeze in more seats, charge for early boarding, end seats, two more inches of leg room, etc.
Air travel is not what it used to be many years ago, the new normal is here to stay.

I find it funny a Airline will admit to not cleaning there plane. Is there a SCE rule that they have to announce such things? Why even call attention to it.

gatibosgru

Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:37 pm

What an awesome pissing contest this thread has become.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos