chepos

Re: MINT and other Service Cuts to JetBlue, starting 9/1

Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:40 pm

This thread has become a DL cheerleading thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

seat1a

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:06 pm

swatting flies instead of the elephants.

jfklganyc

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:17 pm

Can we stop calling JetBlue “blue”

Nobody that works there or works with them calls them “blue”

I have heard “BlueJet” but that’s about it for nick names.

B6 is in a bit of a spiral. Their employees are angry, their product is old, their planes are old, their IFE is old, their internet goes out over S Carolina , their on time rate is awful, and their management is unable to cut costs.

Phew

Next stop Europe.

Etheereal

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:22 pm

HardeesBiscuit wrote:
it's not like many airlines are doing things as well as mint... so they can probably get away with it unfortunately

Too bad, i really wanted to try out MINT
JetBuddy wrote:
"737 slides off the runway" is the new "Florida man"..

:lol:

SierraPacific

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:44 pm

JetBlue will just try and make the pilots clean the airplane again since that went oh so well.

American cost-cutting at its finest with only one loser (the consumer). Is the airline industry the only place where you can not clean your product and expect consumers to be okay with a dirty product?
Last edited by SierraPacific on Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluewho

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:06 am

jfklganyc wrote:
Can we stop calling JetBlue “blue”

Nobody that works there or works with them calls them “blue”

I have heard “BlueJet” but that’s about it for nick names.

B6 is in a bit of a spiral. Their employees are angry, their product is old, their planes are old, their IFE is old, their internet goes out over S Carolina , their on time rate is awful, and their management is unable to cut costs.

Phew

Next stop Europe.

Yeah the internet is free and there is 1 spot in SC big deal

As for the rest the 320s are being updated and you can’t tell me that product isn’t nice. The 190s I don’t know what they will do.

Definitely the employee morale is down thanks to the elt.

On the other hand JetBlue is still an Lcc so outing AA first or D1 from global airlines is hardly fair.

BasilFawlty

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:28 am

jayunited wrote:
The same applies to cutting the cleaning crew down to 1 person on the turn, it will not improve turn times and passengers will quickly notice dirty airplanes unless B6 expects their FA's to step in and become de facto cleaners in between flights.

Why not? Several European LCC's have been doing this for ages, the FA's (and quite often one or even both pilots will help too) do the quick cleaning of the cabin in between flights and the rest is being done properly during the night by a team of cleaners.
'Every year donkeys and mules kill more people than plane crashes'

millionsofmiles

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:41 am

Delta777Jet wrote:
Probably still better than flying AA !

Nonsense.

AA contracts between 2-4 cleaners on narrowbldh flights at each station. Delta is the one that’s been cited for filthy aircraft in several trip reports lately including at least one in Delta One between LAX and JFK.

AA’s three-class JFK-LAX/SFO continues to exceed the MINT service standard even before the cuts.

catiii

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:02 am

DL747400 wrote:
airbazar wrote:
It's also significantly more expensive. At BOS, DL and B6 have some overlap but ultimately they cater to different customers. Just as an example, B6 has no catering and no lounges while DL serves you a hot meal and has lounges. But to get the DL service you have to pay more.
At BOS that's strategy is in part born out of necessity. DL's terminal is smaller and DL has a lot fewer gates to play with so they have to focus on quality over volume. DL will never be able to match B6 on volume from BOS for as long as B6 stays in business and DL is limited to terminal A.

Not on my recent DL flights. ATTENTION BOSTON: It doesn’t cost any more to fly DL and get all of the amenities and perks of a quality, high-performing global carrier.

What perks? The ones you get if you’re diamond and higher from a devalued SkyMiles program?

I’ll take the superior pitch, IFE, and broadband on a mainline jet please rather then the so called perks of massive subcontracted CRJ and ERJ growth at DL.

juliuswong

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:05 am

Hi all, please stay on topic.

This thread is about JetBlue, not Delta.

Thanks!
- Life is a journey, travel it well -

catiii

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:12 am

jayunited wrote:
This is purely a cost cutting move it has nothing to do with shaving time off the turn and in the end it will only hurt B6 not help them achieve their goals.
The same applies to cutting the cleaning crew down to 1 person on the turn, it will not improve turn times and passengers will quickly notice dirty airplanes unless B6 expects their FA's to step in and become de facto cleaners in between flights.

You must have never flown JetBlue. Inflight, B6 nonrevs , and B6 cobus all clean and turn the airplane. In fact you lose your travel privileges es if you’re a non rev and you bail on the turn.

trueblew

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:20 am

catiii wrote:
jayunited wrote:
This is purely a cost cutting move it has nothing to do with shaving time off the turn and in the end it will only hurt B6 not help them achieve their goals.

You must have never flown JetBlue. Inflight, B6 nonrevs , and B6 cobus all clean and turn the airplane. In fact you lose your travel privileges es if you’re a non rev and you bail on the turn.

Which doesn't actually save time and irritates pax as they are trying to get off the plane and some idiot non-rev's rear end is in their face blocking the aisle while they dumpster dive in seat back pockets.

It's a psychological control tactic and has nothing to do with speeding turn times.

JRL3289

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:40 am

Despite the OP's insinuation, these changes will have no material impact on JetBlue's dominant position in BOS.

September11

Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:11 am

Nice try, JetBlue Airways
Airliners.net of the Future

catiii

Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:23 am

trueblew wrote:
catiii wrote:
jayunited wrote:

Which doesn't actually save time and irritates pax as they are trying to get off the plane and some idiot non-rev's rear end is in their face blocking the aisle while they dumpster dive in seat back pockets.

It's a psychological control tactic and has nothing to do with speeding turn times.

It actually does save time. But if you don’t think so then don’t do it.

“Psychological control tactic.” So laughable.

catiii

Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:25 am

September11 wrote:
Nice try, JetBlue Airways

Nice try how? What does that even mean?

catiii

Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:27 am

millionsofmiles wrote:
Delta777Jet wrote:
Probably still better than flying AA !

Nonsense.

AA contracts between 2-4 cleaners on narrowbldh flights at each station. Delta is the one that’s been cited for filthy aircraft in several trip reports lately including at least one in Delta One between LAX and JFK.

AA’s three-class JFK-LAX/SFO continues to exceed the MINT service standard even before the cuts.

Interesting. Point us to where objectively that has been determined?

trueblew

Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:37 am

catiii wrote:
trueblew wrote:
catiii wrote:

It actually does save time. But if you don’t think so then don’t do it.

“Psychological control tactic.” So laughable.

That's exactly what it is. You must not be familiar with B6 corporate philosophy.

And no it doesn't save time. Consider a turn with a crew change:

On Time Airways: Cleaners board the aircraft and pick up trash and cross seat belts while outbound FAs gather their bags and deplane, and the inbound FAs board, stow bags and do their checks. Cleaning is complete by the time the checks are complete and boarding commences immediately.

El Cheapo Airways: No cleaners. FAs and non revs pretending to be cleaners swim upstream during deplaning and block passengers from quickly exiting the aircraft. Once all the pax are finally gone, FAs are still dumpster diving while the inbound crew waits on the jetbridge. When they finish a few minutes later, they gather their bags and deplane, then the inbound FAs board, stow bags and do their checks. It's as slow as you can possibly make a turn.

CobaltScar

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:16 am

catiii wrote:
jayunited wrote:

No one cleans anymore except the FAs, be they the working crew or the non revs. Also the FAs will never sign a contract that keeps them cleaning the planes, so those temp agencies in BOS might not want to let those extra cleaners go.

chepos

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:33 am

When I nonrev (on any airline) I always cross my seatbelt and make sure all MY trash is removed. Usually give to the cabin crew during refuse pick up. While on duty if the cabin is filthy, after a long flight and the turn is tight i’ll pick up big trash and lend a hand to the cleaners.

That being said I have flown on WN many times and I see the crew picking trash up during the deplaning process. Off duty WN employees seem to pitch in as well to try and assist during the turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

TTailedTiger

Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:25 am

clrd4t8koff wrote:
DL747400 wrote:
With these types of cuts, it will become easier for DL to gain more ground, especially in BOS as they are ramping up the number of destinations and daily flights.

Ha, what a joke. As someone who fly's DL primarily out of BOS (work contract) there's no way DL will ever compete with B6 as long as they keep adding destinations on CR9's and E175's vs B6 on A320/321's. DL couldn't even make lie-flat's work on BOS-SFO, yet B6 is increasing BOS-SFO to 5x & 6x daily lie flats. On top of that B6 has premium cabins from BOS - SEA, LAS, SFO, LAX, SAN and BGI. DL has premium cabins to one domestic market from BOS, which is LAX. B6 owns the domestic premium market out of BOS and will continue to.

The only place DL has ground to gain from BOS is to Europe and they're doing their darnedest to preempt B6.

I don't have a horse in the B6 vs DL at BOS race but I'll take an E175 over any other airplane. Why would you prefer a cramped A320 with it's plethora of middle seats over a comfortable E175 with no middle seats?

gatibosgru

Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:32 am

chepos wrote:
This thread has become a DL cheerleading thread.

I'd say it's become a " "my" airline is better than yours" thread, from all sides.
Last edited by gatibosgru on Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
@DadCelo

MR27122

Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:43 am

Cubsrule wrote:
MR27122 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

Remind me how many F seats are available on B6’s non-Mint aircraft?

Zero. Yet, you didn't know that already? <sarcasm> :smile:

Our corp-contract is w/ B6 outta BOS. LAX/SFO/LAS/SEA/SAN we all fly Mint. I don't drink alcohol, thus that "change" is [email protected] least to me. The loss of fresh fruit sucks...the food in Mint is "okay". A perception exists that Mint food is great & unique (tapas style)...after >5-7 flights it all tastes the same....which for me is fresh fruit & sleep 'cause I don't eat the food...so the loss of fruit is indeed a loss....ohh the cookie, it kinda sucks so not much concern over packaging. AA for all the present negatives still has the best damn Cookies in the sky!! (subjective) :stirthepot:

The BIG difference is that in 5 years as a Mosiac, I've always been "upgraded" to an Even-More-Space seat (& "apologized" to when it's a middle & I decline)...approx 6 flights a month x 12 months =72 flts x 4 yrs =288 upgrades. I'm averaging 100% upgrades to more-space....what would my % be upon DL?

Are you counting exit rows as analogous to Even More Space? If so, you’d bat close to 1.000 as a gold or better on DL.

Yes, I'm counting exit-rows...I think they're slated as "More Space" when selecting a seat on B6 (I don't reserve my work trips...& I "gift" my points to family...The last time I booked a tix on B6 was Dec '17 BOS-EWR-BOS to go to a Jet's game....Jets WON!!). At 6'1" 170lbs seat pitch matters, not width. Admitadely I'm a LOUSY FF re loyalty programs...the simplicity of TrueBlue & my laziness = loyalty (& of course the corp-contract). My gripes w/ B6 are destinations like ABQ (I think they still fly into ABQ)---1 flight from JFK, forces a connection & the worst is Flight 718...last JFK-BOS that's chronically delayed & if canceled it just sucks & all you want is to GET HOME!!! Far worse life circumstances exist than flight delays/cancellations is my pre-disposition, but #718 is terrible. Our contract w/ B6 is "up" after 2020----& most of what I read re: DL is extremely positive, perhaps I will caste a vote---but for me, "learning" a new FF program is akin to reading the Canterbury Tales backwards. :D

Antarius

Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:08 am

CobaltScar wrote:
I'm glad this article was released. How passengers don't demand professionally cleaned planes for their trips is way beyond my understanding, especially in this era of so many new and old contagions rearing their head. Now people have to sit among the crumbs that fell out of other passengers mouths? yikes

You think a quick vacuum handles esoteric contagions? Oh dear.
2019: SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS DOH BLR KTM MFM MEX MSY BWI DEN

ctrabs0114

Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:13 am

BMWdrvr75 wrote:
Sounds like Blue is getting ready for their merger with Southwest....The only thing they need to do now is dump the carts and bring back tray service...

No, no, no ... the approved A.net rumor is supposed to be B6 merging with AS. Didn't you get the memo? :D

All joking aside, B6 might be at risk of alienating it's loyal F/F base at BOS with these moves.
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW, SAT, ORD, SLC, SEA, DTW, PHL, MIA, LAX; B73G (WN x3), B738 (WN, AA, DL), A20N (NK), MD83 (AA), B788 (AA x2), CS1 (DL), B739 (DL), B712 (DL), B752 (AA), B763 (AA), B77W (AA), B789 (AA)
Next: TBA

KCaviator

Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:37 am

EK77WNH wrote:
I’m surprised B6 doesn’t run an advertisement saying “All we fly are mainline jets.” The more RJs DL throws at BOS, the more that difference stands out.

LOL, yeah, because a 175 is soooooo much different than a 190. :roll: :roll: :roll:

DL747400

Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:52 am

clrd4t8koff wrote:
Ha, what a joke. The only place DL has ground to gain from BOS is to Europe and they're doing their darnedest to preempt B6.

And yet, we are talking about B6; an airline which is clearly in retrenchment mode as they attempt to pretty themselves up be acquired or merged. I’d say DL’s conservative approach makes a great deal more sense; adding service using aircraft appropriately sized for the early revenue streams in new markets, then moving to larger aircraft as markets mature and revenues grow.

Time will tell which approach is more successful in terms of supporting measured, profitable growth in BOS and which airline brand is around 5 years from now.
From First to Worst: The history of Airliners.net.

All posts reflect my opinions, not those of my employer or any other company.

Super80Fan

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:02 pm

DL747400 wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
Ha, what a joke. The only place DL has ground to gain from BOS is to Europe and they're doing their darnedest to preempt B6.

And yet, we are talking about B6; an airline which is clearly in retrenchment mode as they attempt to pretty themselves up be acquired or merged. I’d say DL’s conservative approach makes a great deal more sense; adding service using aircraft appropriately sized for the early revenue streams in new markets, then moving to larger aircraft as markets mature and revenues grow.

Time will tell which approach is more successful in terms of supporting measured, profitable growth in BOS and which airline brand is around 5 years from now.

Agreed, Delta is set up for long term success while Wall Street Airlines is set up for a merger/buyout partner.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

Bluewho

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:27 pm

DL747400 wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:

This is getting stupid and the ignorance on this site is AMAZING.

Slow conservative growth wins? Well in that case the winner is JetBlue because if anyone does conservative growth it’s them, you just killed your own point. Right now it’s Delta throwing everything at Boston after JetBlue grew that base over many many years starting with 1 gate and now over 30. Oh yes Delta moved back into their old terminal called themselves Boston’s global airline of “choice” (they are also Seattle’s how original) and said we win.

Again this is a BLOG you guys keep treating it like official JetBlue policy. No JetBlue isn’t dying and those saying it’s about to go T up are simply crazy.
And if you are going to say they can’t win customers there are a bunch of awards this year that counter that narrative.

So once again those with an agenda will suspend reality on here and insert their own.

catiii

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:33 pm

KCaviator wrote:
EK77WNH wrote:
I’m surprised B6 doesn’t run an advertisement saying “All we fly are mainline jets.” The more RJs DL throws at BOS, the more that difference stands out.

LOL, yeah, because a 175 is soooooo much different than a 190. :roll: :roll: :roll:

It is when you look at who’s flying it.

jumbojet
Topic Author

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:33 pm

the airline industry right now is still reaping big benefits from a robust and strong economy. Most airlines are investing in their fleets and amenities for its customers and now you have B6 taking things away. I don't consider the A320 cabin refurbishment an enhancement because they are after all reducing seat pitch and adding Even More Seats (EMS). It really is hard to think of B6 being anything other than a one dimensional airline; basically only narrow bodies, ultra conservative approach, chronically delayed flights. Even with service to Europe on the horizon, it will be tough for them to be anything more than a niche airline to most people. Doesnt make them a bad airline, will always be small potatoes in the general scheme of TATL flying - so if I was on the BOD at B6, I would think twice about cutting anything, especially to the MINT cabin.

catiii

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:34 pm

ctrabs0114 wrote:
BMWdrvr75 wrote:
Sounds like Blue is getting ready for their merger with Southwest....The only thing they need to do now is dump the carts and bring back tray service...

No, no, no ... the approved A.net rumor is supposed to be B6 merging with AS. Didn't you get the memo? :D

All joking aside, B6 might be at risk of alienating it's loyal F/F base at BOS with these moves.

How? How does it meaningfully impact the customer base in Boston?

catiii

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:36 pm

CobaltScar wrote:
catiii wrote:
jayunited wrote:

No one cleans anymore except the FAs, be they the working crew or the non revs. Also the FAs will never sign a contract that keeps them cleaning the planes, so those temp agencies in BOS might not want to let those extra cleaners go.

I’ve been on 30 flights in the last 4 months and all the nonrevs and cobus cleaned. If you’re on flights where they arent, you should turn them in.

catiii

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:40 pm

jumbojet wrote:
the airline industry right now is still reaping big benefits from a robust and strong economy. Most airlines are investing in their fleets and amenities for its customers and now you have B6 taking things away. I don't consider the A320 cabin refurbishment an enhancement because they are after all reducing seat pitch and adding Even More Seats (EMS). It really is hard to think of B6 being anything other than a one dimensional airline; basically only narrow bodies, ultra conservative approach, chronically delayed flights. Even with service to Europe on the horizon, it will be tough for them to be anything more than a niche airline to most people. Doesnt make them a bad airline, will always be small potatoes in the general scheme of TATL flying - so if I was on the BOD at B6, I would think twice about cutting anything, especially to the MINT cabin.

Another lie. Seat pitch, as you know, remains the same. EMS seats remain the same. Your thinking of DL where they put in the same spaceflex galley in the back and then reduced pitch.

Here’s the thing: you would have more credibility if you hadn’t demonstrated a pro Delta agenda at the expense of every other carrier. Your entire existence on this site has been to throw falsehoods against a wall in order try and prop up Delta and to see what sticks.

Now you’ll go hide because you seldom stick around.

Bluewho

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:47 pm

jumbojet wrote:

Wait you don’t consider a whole new cabin with a brand new much better entertainment system and still the most leg room in coach an investment or upgrade? Yeah your not biased.

jumbojet
Topic Author

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:57 pm

Bluewho wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

Wait you don’t consider a whole new cabin with a brand new much better entertainment system and still the most leg room in coach an investment or upgrade? Yeah your not biased.

Yes, the enhanced IFE is nice, but the reduced legroom and the adding of seats to the A320's is not. I guess you can call it a draw. I actually have two upcoming flights on B6. I am actually looking forward to it and hopefully they have the snacks I want and the plane is clean and the wifi works. Otherwise I won't be back.

According to SeatGuru, the cabin refresh sees EMC reducing pitch by up to 4 inches and core is being reduced by 2 inches. I dont know how you call that an enhancement....not a bias, just facts.

jumbojet
Topic Author

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:00 pm

Bluewho wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

See SeatGuru, still NOT the most leg room in coach. I guess you don't do your homework before you type.

Back on topic, dirty planes, planes without enough catering and reductions in service to MINT are not what I call good moves to make. B6, while a good airline, is not being run like one.

spacecadet

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:05 pm

grbauc wrote:
I find it funny a Airline will admit to not cleaning there plane. Is there a SCE rule that they have to announce such things? Why even call attention to it.

Every JetBlue crewmember on board a plane, including the pilots, is supposed to help clean the plane at every stop. Whether they all actually do or not... well, that's a different thing. But JetBlue has never relied much on professional cleaners. Their f/a's do most of the cleaning, and usually deadheading crew help out at the very least.

You can debate the merits of this system, but it's not exactly new.
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!

Bluewho

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:06 pm

jumbojet wrote:
Bluewho wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

Yes, the enhanced IFE is nice, but the reduced legroom and the adding of seats to the A320's is not. I guess you can call it a draw. I actually have two upcoming flights on B6. I am actually looking forward to it and hopefully they have the snacks I want and the plane is clean and the wifi works. Otherwise I won't be back.

According to SeatGuru, the cabin refresh sees EMC reducing pitch by up to 4 inches and core is being reduced by 2 inches. I dont know how you call that an enhancement....not a bias, just facts.

Well it’s going to depend on which plane you get. I will definitely admit they waited way way to long to update stuff. But I have been on the 320 with the first new mod and the 320 with the avant- system and they are very nice. You definitely can’t tell the reduction and it’s still the most leg room so it’s hard to argue anyone beats that. I would feel better if the entire fleet was already done but it isn’t. I will also agree management is definitely disconnected from the employees and takes their “culture” for granted.
But the idea that based on a blog post JetBlue is coming to end is a joke.

But if management finally learns the employees aren’t overly thrilled with them it would be good. There is always going to be a strain it’s the nature of the relationship but there has definitely been a more corporate type shift from the top.

Bluewho

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:08 pm

jumbojet wrote:
Bluewho wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

See SeatGuru, still NOT the most leg room in coach. I guess you don't do your homework before you type.

Back on topic, dirty planes, planes without enough catering and reductions in service to MINT are not what I call good moves to make. B6, while a good airline, is not being run like one.

Ok who has the most in standard economy leg room post it.
As far as homework goes please I would know via company email about these changes vs you going off a blog. But sure homework you got it.

Bluewho

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:09 pm

spacecadet wrote:
grbauc wrote:
I find it funny a Airline will admit to not cleaning there plane. Is there a SCE rule that they have to announce such things? Why even call attention to it.

Every JetBlue crewmember on board a plane, including the pilots, is supposed to help clean the plane at every stop. Whether they all actually do or not... well, that's a different thing. But JetBlue has never relied much on professional cleaners. Their f/a's do most of the cleaning, and usually deadheading crew help out at the very least.

Pilots ONLY if they are a nonrev NOT required on DUTY.

I’m not sure how long this policy will stay on cleaning. What once brought the airline together is no dividing it.
Last edited by Bluewho on Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jumbojet
Topic Author

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:12 pm

Bluewho wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
Bluewho wrote:

As far as homework goes please I would know via company email about these changes vs you going off a blog. But sure homework you got it.

First off, this topic is not about leg room. Its about cutbacks to JetBlues MINT and Core cabins. That said, lets stay on topic. I would be more than happy to contribute to a thread on 'legroom' if you, or anyone else for that matter wants to start one. But to quickly appease you, DL has plenty of planes that in their coach cabin with 32 inch of pitch, matching what B6 has.

Bluewho

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:16 pm

jumbojet wrote:
Bluewho wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

First off, this topic is not about leg room. Its about cutbacks to JetBlues MINT and Core cabins. That said, lets stay on topic. I would be more than happy to contribute to a thread on 'legroom' if you, or anyone else for that matter wants to start one.

So you can’t post it? Please start one on legroom and show me who has more in basic economy.
This thread is from a blog you found it’s all based off that, but not official JetBlue policy or cuts so actually it’s a pointless thread. (Not in a rude way)

catiii

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:43 pm

jumbojet wrote:
Bluewho wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

First off, this topic is not about leg room. Its about cutbacks to JetBlues MINT and Core cabins. That said, lets stay on topic. I would be more than happy to contribute to a thread on 'legroom' if you, or anyone else for that matter wants to start one. But to quickly appease you, DL has plenty of planes that in their coach cabin with 32 inch of pitch, matching what B6 has.

Except YOU brought up legroom first in the context of the cabin refresh. What a joke...

catiii

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:46 pm

jumbojet wrote:
DL has plenty of planes that in their coach cabin with 32 inch of pitch, matching what B6 has.

That you have to buy into which, as you know, is the reason why Delta can not claim they have the most legroom in coach. That’s not the case at JetBlue. 32” of pitch is the core offering that comes free.

Another demonstrably false post by you that’s easily refuted.

CobaltScar

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:30 pm

catiii wrote:
CobaltScar wrote:
catiii wrote:

I’ve been on 30 flights in the last 4 months and all the nonrevs and cobus cleaned. If you’re on flights where they arent, you should turn them in.

I've never claimed to work for them. But how should they be turned in? Hold up boarding while names are collected for those who refused blue gloves? And turned into who? And I suppose this reporting should be done off the clock on the employees time? You think pilots are going to get their travel privileges revoked for not cleaning?

I'm glad all your non revs help clean, but that is not what I've heard. It all sounds like a complete mess. pun intended

CobaltScar

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:34 pm

Antarius wrote:
CobaltScar wrote:
I'm glad this article was released. How passengers don't demand professionally cleaned planes for their trips is way beyond my understanding, especially in this era of so many new and old contagions rearing their head. Now people have to sit among the crumbs that fell out of other passengers mouths? yikes

You think a quick vacuum handles esoteric contagions? Oh dear.

There are many contagions that are contact only, like hep A.

Passenger uses bathroom, does not wash his hands. Then eats his chips, getting crumbs everywhere. Crumbs stay, new passengers get on board and seek to remove the crumbs from around them/their seats or their purse comes into contact with the food debris on the floor by their feet. Bingo

CobaltScar

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:45 pm

spacecadet wrote:
grbauc wrote:

We need to find out exactly what you mean by clean the plane. You mean take garbage out the seat-back pockets, make sure the seat-belts are on the seats, and crumbs are dusted off the seats, correct? If so then yeah I guess they clean the plane at every stop. Deadheading (and operating) pilots DO NOT clean nor are required to clean. Only the FAs have to, and theoretically all non-revs. Emphasis on theoretically.

What does cleaning entail at airlines with professional cleaners? Do they wipe down tray tables between flights? I assume the vacuum between every flight.

If it is true that the outbound crew cannot and do not enter the plane to start their checks until after the inbound crew is finished cleaning and departs, then I don't see how that saves time.

tphuang

Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:28 pm

DL747400 wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:

Last year, B6 had the highest growth rate among non-ULCC airlines. That's a lot of growth for an airline that is retrenching and about to be acquired or merged. And this year, the growth rate has only dropped due to A321NEO delays, but will still be the highest among non-uLCC airlines.

If you look at any metric. B6 has been doing nothing but adding and increasing its market share at BOS since DL started its buildup. And a lot of that is going to be in really low CASM A321s. Very soon A220, new A321NEO and reconfigured A320s will be all of over the place. Those will not only have low CASM, but also be market leading in terms of hard product. A lot of great report coming out about B6's phase A320 reconfiguration.

There is no metric where DL is even remotely as profitable as B6 in BOS. DL is in the very early stages of buildup, whereas B6 is in the middle or later stage of buildup. Is this a joke? At BOS's current yield level, there is no way any legacy airlines could be profitable.

KCaviator wrote:
EK77WNH wrote:

very soon, that will be A220s.

MINT cuts, which are the riskiest.

No more whole fruit, apples and oranges for snacks
No more Grey Goose and Bulliet Bourbon, to be replaced by Tito's and Jack (huge downgrade)
Cutting the box for the decorative Milkbar cookie at the end of the flight - though the cookie remains
No more Raaka Chocolates

as someone that would fly in J most of the time, none of this seems a big deal. And if you check FT's thread on this, no one is bothered by it. Liquor seems to be ahuge upgrade.

itripreport

Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:09 pm

As someone who flies both JetBlue and Delta often, sure JetBlue doesn't offer first class on many routes, but their free snacks, free wifi, free live tv, and great legroom makes up for it. Their mint routes, those cuts don't affect my will to keep flying them any more, since these are for the most part unnecessary cosmetic changes. Period, this is about JETBLUE, NOT DELTA

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos