edealinfo

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - September 2019

Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:15 pm

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news ... 00988.html

With Hyderabd home to all the tech majors with GIANT offices, why aren't international airlines like Lufthansa, Air France, KLM, and United not tapping into it???? Lufthansa, KLM, or Air France may be better placed because of the shorter stage length and their breadth of connections to Europe and North America. Since Lufthansa started a second daily to BLR, this means that they are less likely to start service to HYD than Air France and KLM.

Sometime back, when Jet was alive and well, I had read an article that KLM was interested in starting 3X weekly to HYD but that plan never got off the ground. But KLM, instead started 3X to BLR.

So, what in your opinion is the most likely European carrier to start service to HYD? [British Airways already services HYD and is probably having a ball while other European carriers are sleeping at the wheel].

unrave

Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:31 pm

Blerg wrote:
Wasn't there a plan to build a second airport in New Delhi?

Not exactly in Delhi but 80km to its south. Tenders will likely be called before end of the year
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself

Blerg

Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:55 pm

unrave wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Wasn't there a plan to build a second airport in New Delhi?

Not exactly in Delhi but 80km to its south. Tenders will likely be called before end of the year

Cool but I suppose it won't be opened any time soon. Does the government have any timeframe within which it wants to finish it? Hopefully they have good transport links with the city.

binayak

Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:08 pm

edealinfo wrote:
JOYA380B747 wrote:
India's biggest loss w.r.t global aviation (so far) - Being an Australasia-Europe stopover.

How could this be true? For instance, SYD to LHR passes through China and no where through India
http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=LHR-SYD

MEL- LHR (only passes at the very edge of India's far eastern states that doesn't have an international airport)
http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=LHR-MEL

Perth -LHR only skims through southern India
http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=LHR-per

So, if I understand that maps correctly, India is not an ideal stop over point from Australia to London. Maybe, I am not understanding your viewpoint or logic.

It's not always about great circle distances .
You should go back in history and see why BA / QF stopped in India in their flights b/w AUS and EU . And I'm talking about the time when kangaroo routes used to be one stop only .
In fact till 2003 , SQ operated SIN-BOM-MAN route !
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today

sibibom

Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:26 pm

Some alleged renders of the Navi Mumbai Airport has been leaked in another forum, It is grander than even Mumbai Airport! Lots of wavy steel, wood and glass...with a couple of gardens in the middle!

please note: Its unverified, but details of the layout are clearly the site of Navi Mumbai airport

CaliguyNYC

Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:14 pm

edealinfo wrote:
https://www.livemint.com/companies/news/49-lifts-15k-staff-area-of-65-football-fields-all-about-amazon-hyderabad-hq-1568302600988.html

With Hyderabd home to all the tech majors with GIANT offices, why aren't international airlines like Lufthansa, Air France, KLM, and United not tapping into it???? Lufthansa, KLM, or Air France may be better placed because of the shorter stage length and their breadth of connections to Europe and North America. Since Lufthansa started a second daily to BLR, this means that they are less likely to start service to HYD than Air France and KLM.

Sometime back, when Jet was alive and well, I had read an article that KLM was interested in starting 3X weekly to HYD but that plan never got off the ground. But KLM, instead started 3X to BLR.

So, what in your opinion is the most likely European carrier to start service to HYD? [British Airways already services HYD and is probably having a ball while other European carriers are sleeping at the wheel].

My guess is the business class traffic just isn’t there. If HYD gets a lot of outsourcing tech jobs, those employees might not get J class travel. Also the immigrants in the US from HYD area (the majority not all) are relatively recent when compared to those that came in 60/70/80’s. It is the older VFR that has established themselves in the US and is now paying for J class as the retire / get on in age. That is all I can think of. Otherwise it makes no sense. BLR is driven off of business traffic and BOM is driven off of business plus affluent local residents and affluent VFR.

edealinfo

Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:12 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
https://www.livemint.com/companies/news/49-lifts-15k-staff-area-of-65-football-fields-all-about-amazon-hyderabad-hq-1568302600988.html

My guess is the business class traffic just isn’t there. If HYD gets a lot of outsourcing tech jobs, those employees might not get J class travel. Also the immigrants in the US from HYD area (the majority not all) are relatively recent when compared to those that came in 60/70/80’s. It is the older VFR that has established themselves in the US and is now paying for J class as the retire / get on in age. That is all I can think of. Otherwise it makes no sense. BLR is driven off of business traffic and BOM is driven off of business plus affluent local residents and affluent VFR.

could Air France, Lufthansa or Klm make it work with aircraft that relies on fewer business class seats......,..assuming they have premium-lite figured aircraft.

edealinfo

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:04 pm

According to IATA, currently 4 airports in India (Delhi, Bombay, Madras, and Calcutta) are "Level 3 slot-coordinated facilities" which means that these airports don't have either the runway, ramp or gate capacity to handle all of the flights that commercial airlines, cargo carriers and other air service providers would like to operate there.

I guess this means that getting slots to these airports are "prized". I hope Visatra, the airline that I am rooting for, jumps on any slots that will open up at these 4 airports before the competition ups the ante, and goes for slots just for the sake of getting it while it is available (and worry about profitability later).

Separately, the Level 2 airports (i.e., restrictions on prime time slot availability) are below

Ahmedabad
Bangalore
Calicut
Hyderabad
Jaipur
Trivandrum

Are any of you surprised by any of the Level 2 airport listings?

I am surprised that Goa and Pune are not on the Level 2 and 3 list. I always thought these 2 airports had major constraints.

edealinfo

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:49 pm

edealinfo wrote:
According to IATA, currently 4 airports in India (Delhi, Bombay, Madras, and Calcutta) are "Level 3 slot-coordinated facilities" which means that these airports don't have either the runway, ramp or gate capacity to handle all of the flights that commercial airlines, cargo carriers and other air service providers would like to operate there.

I guess this means that getting slots to these airports are "prized". I hope Visatra, the airline that I am rooting for, jumps on any slots that will open up at these 4 airports before the competition ups the ante, and goes for slots just for the sake of getting it while it is available (and worry about profitability later).

Separately, the Level 2 airports (i.e., restrictions on prime time slot availability) are below

Ahmedabad
Bangalore
Calicut
Hyderabad
Jaipur
Trivandrum

Are any of you surprised by any of the Level 2 airport listings?

I am surprised that Goa and Pune are not on the Level 2 and 3 list. I always thought these 2 airports had major constraints.

Separately, the 6 largest India cities are presumably BOM, DEL, HYD, BLR, MAA and CCU. Which is the 7th and 8th largest City?

edealinfo

Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:49 am

edealinfo wrote:

Separately, the 6 largest India cities are presumably BOM, DEL, HYD, BLR, MAA and CCU. Which is the 7th and 8th largest City?

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the ... india.html

VTORD

Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:19 am

edealinfo wrote:
And, what's the logic of Vistara opening Indore as a new route from Delhi? I understand that they also opened Udaipur and Jodhpur as additional destinations but the logic for these were that tourists were willing to shell $ for a full service flight.

Significant manufacturing - automotive, pharma, packaging. Have been hearing some buzz about IDR coming up as a start up hub over the last 18 months now but don't hold me to that though. I would assume Indore is also very convenient for the GoI folks who visit the note press about an hour out in Dewas. I would expect to see UK starting BOM-IDR as well sooner than later. Business ties + deep cultural and familial ties between Maharashtra, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh esp., the Gwalior-Indore-Dhar-Dewas belt.

edealinfo

Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:49 pm

VTORD wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
I would expect to see UK starting BOM-IDR as well sooner than later.

What you said about Indore provides good reasoning for starting flights there. BOM- IDR, though would depend on slot availability at BOM

Do you know how many of jet's slots Vistara received? I think it was something like 44 slots (or 22 slot pairs). If this is the case, how many of the 22 slot pairs have they already utilized?
Last edited by edealinfo on Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edealinfo

Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:49 pm

Tatas worried about AirAsia India growth; unlikely to bid for AI

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/ec ... 402282.ece

edealinfo

Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:53 pm

Vistara to switch India Singapore flights from B737 to 3 class Airbus A320 neo in October 2019

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/bus ... 578877.cms

vadodara

Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:31 pm

VTORD wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
And, what's the logic of Vistara opening Indore as a new route from Delhi? I understand that they also opened Udaipur and Jodhpur as additional destinations but the logic for these were that tourists were willing to shell $ for a full service flight.

Significant manufacturing - automotive, pharma, packaging. Have been hearing some buzz about IDR coming up as a start up hub over the last 18 months now but don't hold me to that though. I would assume Indore is also very convenient for the GoI folks who visit the note press about an hour out in Dewas. I would expect to see UK starting BOM-IDR as well sooner than later. Business ties + deep cultural and familial ties between Maharashtra, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh esp., the Gwalior-Indore-Dhar-Dewas belt.

Commercial hub for Madhya Pradesh, one of the larger Indian states. About time it got decent connectivity.

In addition, expect connectivity to improve along states VTORD noted.

edealinfo

Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:14 pm

While the Tata's say that there is a plan for Vistara, they say that Air Asai India (ASI) things are a bit unclear. Given such a situation, couldn't Vistara swallow ASI? I mean ASI uses A320's -- the same aircraft operated by Vistara so all that is required is a exterior paint job, employee retraining, and free meals. Vistara would get all the slots that ASI has (especially at prime airports) and the combined entity's presence would expand significantly. Heck, Vistara could even continue to operate the aircraft as all economy seats but with full service -- they actually already do with 1 aircraft which they obtained from the now defunct WOW Airlines of Iceland.

If Visatra does what I suggest there is nothing more to lose by not going after Air India, whose only attraction are its slots. They also will never have to worry about waiting infinitely for ASI to receive approval to fly abroad.

Of cours,e Air Asia Malaysia would have to sell out their 49% stake and the Tata's could make them a fair offer that covers their investment in ASI + a little extra for saying goodbye.

So, what do you think are chances of this happening?

edealinfo

Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:19 pm

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... 424945.ece

Airlines may keep Jet slots, foreign rights till March-end

edealinfo

Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:25 pm

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/in ... 136652.cms

Vistara plans revamp of its frequent-flyer programme
It will use "dynamic" modeling for redemption of points so as long as a seat is available, it will be available for its value as reward redemption.

edealinfo

Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:26 pm

Air India posts net loss of Rs 8,400 crore in 2018-19, aims to turn operationally profitable in FY20
https://www.businesstoday.in/current/co ... 79159.html

edealinfo

Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:29 pm

International in name, but no overseas flights
https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... 426383.ece

On the other hand, the State government is pursuing with the Centre to get the city airport designated as a Point of Call (PoC) destination. A PoC status to an airport as part of the bilateral agreement allows international carriers to operate flights. In July, Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri told the Lok Sabha that PoC status is not being given to any airport in the country. He also said A.P. had requested for the status to Vijayawada Airport for two UAE-based carriers — Emirates and flydubai or Dubai Aviation Company, a state-owned low-cost airline.

It may be noted that the city airport was given the ‘international’ status in August 2017 and the previous government too made all efforts to get the airport a PoC status.

edealinfo

Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:34 pm

Vijayawada set to get 4 new flights to Visakhapatnam & Hyderabad from October 1
https://www.apherald.com/Politics/ViewA ... October-1/

abrelosojos

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:36 am

RemoFlyer wrote:

No self respecting Star FF would set foot on AI. There is a slew of one stop options to India from IAD.

= I am a GS and a Lifetime 1K, and I would fly AI without any qualms. Their ground service leaves a whole lot to be desired, but in-flight is rather good.

Saludos,
Alex
Live, and let live.

CollegeAviator

Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:51 am

IndiGo adds Guangzhou service from mid-Oct 2019

Indian low-cost carrier IndiGo last week filed additional new route to China, with the scheduling of Kolkata – Guangzhou route. From 17OCT19, Airbus A320 aircraft to operate this route on daily basis.

6E1376 CCU2040 – 0250+1CAN 320 D
6E1377 CAN0350 – 0505CCU 320 D

From Airlineroute.net

Blerg

Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:32 am

Are they offering connection in CCU hence the night flight?

sabby

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:11 am

Blerg wrote:

Or simply increasing the utilisation. Indian passengers have been successfully trained over the decades to think it is the norm for International flights to operate at late night or early morning. I believe Kolkata also has business ties with China, so O&D demand is there.

unrave

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:27 am

Blerg wrote:

CZ flies 2x daily to DEL so IndiGo has probably picked the next best thing.

unrave

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:46 am

edealinfo wrote:

Zero. Such an acquisition will flout shareholding norms

edealinfo

Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:42 pm

unrave wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

How could it if Tata’s And Singapore acquire 51percent/ 49 percent in Air Asia India and then merge it with Vistara in which they have identical shareholding?

vadodara

Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:47 pm

Blerg wrote:

HKG bypass; they will continue to pick holes in the hub & spoke airline networks.

My guess a flurry of new services to SE Asian destinations from DEL, CCU, MAA and possibly from BOM/BLR.

edealinfo

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:04 pm

vadodara wrote:
Blerg wrote:
My guess a flurry of new services to SE Asian destinations from DEL, CCU, MAA and possibly from BOM/BLR.

I wouldn’t be surprised. In a recent meeting with airlines, the Minister said that bilaterals would not be increased, particularly to the Gulf, and that airlines need to explore connecting Indian cities to ASEAN countries, specifically, for which they are not currently constrained by bilaterals.

I

edealinfo

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:01 pm

Info forgets to take luggage of all the passengers on the Delhi to Istanbul flight!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiat ... 2019-09-16

VTORD

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:06 pm

^^ More than likely a payload issue IMHO. But still if they had to remove the entire flight's bags, that's a worrying sign for sure. Does anyone know what the baggage allowance is for 6E's IST flights?

VTORD

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:27 pm

edealinfo wrote:
What you said about Indore provides good reasoning for starting flights there. BOM- IDR, though would depend on slot availability at BOM

Do you know how many of jet's slots Vistara received? I think it was something like 44 slots (or 22 slot pairs). If this is the case, how many of the 22 slot pairs have they already utilized?

48 is what they received in Mumbai. I am not sure when exactly they started adding BOM - XXX (non-DEL) but back of the envelope google search should put them at or just above the half way point including the last 3. So assuming that I am not off by a lot, they have some breathing space in terms of slots.

edealinfo

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:49 pm

VTORD wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

48 is what they received in Mumbai. I am not sure when exactly they started adding BOM - XXX (non-DEL) but back of the envelope google search should put them at or just above the half way point including the last 3. So assuming that I am not off by a lot, they have some breathing space in terms of slots.

Aah, this is good news. I openly root for Vistara in the hope that someday they will be a truly be in the leagues of world class players. At some point in Jet’s history, I thought they were terrific particularly their staff, but in the last few years before they collapsed, I thought their service deteriorated. Heck their soggy sandwich meal in a paper lunch box on an India to Gulf flight was the last straw for me.

edealinfo

Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:06 am

VTORD wrote:
^^ More than likely a payload issue IMHO. But still if they had to remove the entire flight's bags, that's a worrying sign for sure. Does anyone know what the baggage allowance is for 6E's IST flights?

Problem has now run 2 days in a row! indigo says that because of the sting headwinds they need to substitute luggage for more fuel. I just don’t understand why the can’t instead do a tech stop

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news ... 37412.html

vadodara

Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:05 am

edealinfo wrote:
I wouldn’t be surprised. In a recent meeting with airlines, the Minister said that bilaterals would not be increased, particularly to the Gulf, and that airlines need to explore connecting Indian cities to ASEAN countries, specifically, for which they are not currently constrained by bilaterals.

I

So lots of airlines such as BA, CX, EK etc are protected by virtue of those airports being slot controlled. However, they own several slots at Indian airports. Only way the govt. can protect its new entrants.

To protect the traveling class, the govt. can liberalize service to 2/3 tier airports.

juliuswong

Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:50 am

edealinfo wrote:
VTORD wrote:

Problem has now run 2 days in a row! indigo says that because of the sting headwinds they need to substitute luggage for more fuel. I just don’t understand why the can’t instead do a tech stop

You just can't simply do a tech stop without proper ground handling put in place. 6E did not plan the route to have tech stop because under normal and certain extreme circumstance, the A321 should be able to handle the load. However in some rare cases, it may not but it is not normal occurrence. There are a lot of paperwork between both countries and operating companies need to be put in place before one can do tech stop. They also need to inform their passengers of the tech stop prior to them doing booking. Imagine what the passengers would think if 6E did tech stop when the passengers expected non stop flight? I am sure 6E management is now aware of the shortcoming and working to rectify the issue.

Just for your information, prior to MH cancelling their CDG flight, in last few days of operation they restricted all passengers' baggage allowance due to strong headwinds. They were using B772ER back then, so such issue does not limit to 6E only.https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-as ... r-two-days
- Life is a journey, travel it well -

srkSJC

Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:33 am

Business news wire reports - Livemint/Bloomberg - Air India assets bonds issue worth Rs 7000 crore oversubscribed. Full tranche of Rs 20,000- 25,000 crore which is debt of Air India is expected to be mopped up. While this is welcome news and points out to the steady scale of disinvestment procedure it needs to be seen how the rest of the estimated Rs 28,000-25,000 crore is going to be managed.

Another strange thing is that why various media outlets in India and some in the foreign media space continue to report overall debt as Rs 59,000.00 crore. When the 50% debt shaved off (no matter where it ends up it is just not there on the books of Air India atleast) then why keep repeating the old story. Seems to me that the editorial policy is to somehow paint the present government is being unable to go for big bang reforms despite having giant mandate(and in turn fuel the discontentment all around it {for once i think entire business news media should target the employee, pilot and cabin crew union for becoming a stumbling block to the whole disinvestment exercise}). Few names come to my mind - Latha Venkatesh, Tamanna Inamdar amongst the many.

srkSJC

Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:38 am

edealinfo wrote:
VTORD wrote:

Maintain a close eye on the situation and update when the bags are reunited with the passengers. It is easy to get agitated with wayside press reports on such issues. The problem is indian passengers (the ones who fly on or prefer to fly on 6E) are now realizing what the hassles of travelling international are. If i am not wrong 9W used to routinely offload passenger bags from their ATR72 flights out of Jaipur in summer due to weight restrictions. International flights operate on a wide envelope of weather conditions..It is time we get used to it and not react to every news item as an impending apocalypse.

srkSJC

Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:41 am

edealinfo wrote:
unrave wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

How could it if Tata’s And Singapore acquire 51percent/ 49 percent in Air Asia India and then merge it with Vistara in which they have identical shareholding?

There are multiple issues of ownership which is entangled with listed and unlisted companies, foreign nationals owning shares and having board positions, plus cross holding norms. Too much of a mess to simply untie and get a dress.

unrave

Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:41 am

CNBCTV18 reports that Rahul Bhatia and the CEO of Turkish Airlines met the Civil Aviation minister to request additional flying rights to Turkey. Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

VTCIE

Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:43 am

While there is plenty of discussion on why HYD will not be able to step up to the level of BLR, despite having the advantage of a privately-run airport, what about MAA? Does it also suffer from low business traffic? Is it viewed as mostly an industrial destination (hence ANA NRT–MAA)? For what reasons have AF/KL not bothered to fly to MAA, while at the same time rushing to fill the gap in BLR after 9W collapsed?

Perhaps on a related note, MAA generally get older aircraft from long-haul carriers. SQ flies the A330 rather than the A350/777, and LH flies the A340. MAA was one of the last destinations to have regular service on the EK non-ER 777-300s (A6-EM* series) with the morning (EK545) flight, when other cities have almost always had the latest aircraft on all EK frequencies. Of course the retirement of the old A6-EM* family has nullified this distinction.

CollegeAviator wrote:
IndiGo adds Guangzhou service from mid-Oct 2019

Indian low-cost carrier IndiGo last week filed additional new route to China, with the scheduling of Kolkata – Guangzhou route. From 17OCT19, Airbus A320 aircraft to operate this route on daily basis.

6E1376 CCU2040 – 0250+1CAN 320 D
6E1377 CAN0350 – 0505CCU 320 D

From Airlineroute.net

With this, CCU has become a big Southeast Asian hub for 6E, with service to HKG, SGN, HAN and now CAN, in addition to the standard BKK and SIN. Also on the cards is RGN. Perhaps a second Chinese destination is next: either CTU (6E has scheduled DEL–CTU) or KMG (MU flies KMG–CCU).

It will not be long before 6E starts routes like GAU–BKK. GAU deserves international service from Indian airlines.
In grieving remembrance of the thousands of people who lost their lives on ET-AVJ, PK-LQP, XA-UHZ, S2-AGU, CP-2933, SU-GCC, EI-ETJ, D-AIPX, PK-AXC, 9M-MRD, VT-AXV and above all 9M-MRO, besides many more. Your deaths are not in vain. Safety first, always.

sibibom

Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:03 am

unrave wrote:
CNBCTV18 reports that Rahul Bhatia and the CEO of Turkish Airlines met the Civil Aviation minister to request additional flying rights to Turkey. Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

They are going to get nada! And deservingly so.

Yakamoz

Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:08 am

sibibom wrote:
unrave wrote:

Why?

unrave

Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:21 am

Yakamoz wrote:
sibibom wrote:
unrave wrote:

Why?

Geopolitics.

avier

Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:46 am

VTCIE wrote:
With this, CCU has become a big Southeast Asian hub for 6E, with service to HKG, SGN, HAN and now CAN, in addition to the standard BKK and SIN. Also on the cards is RGN.

CCU- RGN was announced a while back, and begins in a few days from now.

vadodara

Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:30 pm

avier wrote:
VTCIE wrote:
With this, CCU has become a big Southeast Asian hub for 6E, with service to HKG, SGN, HAN and now CAN, in addition to the standard BKK and SIN. Also on the cards is RGN.

Likely logic will be additional services to SE Asia from other airports.

edealinfo

Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:10 pm

Yakamoz wrote:
sibibom wrote:
unrave wrote:

Why?

Simple. They support Pakistan’s position over India’s as it relates to Kash, and then they ask for like 10 additional daily frequencies . They just don’t know how to play this politically even though the writing is on the wall. Their best chance is to have asked for an additional frequency to Amritsar alone which is the aviation minister’s constituency and obtained local business and religious support for the flight which would give the minister enough political cover to provide the right to that 1x daily flight without stirring a hornet’s nest. But, the dummies, instead, ask for the moon. too bad they don’t have formal courses on effective lobbying in India.

unrave

Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:23 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Yakamoz wrote:
sibibom wrote:

Why?

Simple. They support Pakistan’s position over India’s as it relates to Kash, and then they ask for like 10 additional daily frequencies . They just don’t know how to play this politically even though the writing is on the wall. Their best chance is to have asked for an additional frequency to Amritsar alone which is the aviation minister’s constituency and obtained local business and religious support for the flight which would give the minister enough political cover to provide the right to that 1x daily flight without stirring a hornet’s nest. But, the dummies, instead, ask for the moon. too bad they don’t have formal courses on effective lobbying in India.

Did they really ask for 10 daily frequencies?

avier

Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:36 pm

vadodara wrote:
avier wrote:
VTCIE wrote:

Likely logic will be additional services to SE Asia from other airports.

CCU/DEL remain safe bets for such launches. They can test the waters in that region from these two cities. They can even look towards the more affluent northeast asia, to places like South Korea/Taiwan/Japan on their A321Neo XLR's.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos