zuckie13

Re: AA Miami mechanic arrested for sabotaging aircraft

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:32 pm

Waterbomber2 wrote:
I think that there could be more to this story.
About every aircraft mechanic on Earth would know that obstructing the connectors to an air data computer woud cause warnings.
How do we know that this guy wasn't framed? It's easy to rush to judgement, especially with an Arabic name like that.

One of my biggest fears in my aircraft mechanic days was being framed by management. I was one of those guys who tried to do things right and management in MRO's don't like people who have their own minds. When management started coming after me over some reportings about illegal (and actually criminal) activity by the MRO, self-sabotage in its own right and outright dangerous non-compliant activity, that's when I decided that it was time to make a career change.

Maybe the fact that he admitted to doing it......

Polot

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:33 pm

Waterbomber2 wrote:
About every aircraft mechanic on Earth would know that obstructing the connectors to an air data computer woud cause warnings.
How do we know that this guy wasn't framed? It's easy to rush to judgement, especially with an Arabic name like that.

One of my biggest fears in my aircraft mechanic days was being framed by management. I was one of those guys who tried to do things right and management in MRO's don't like people who have their own minds. When management started coming after me over some reportings about illegal (and actually criminal) activity by the MRO, self-sabotage in its own right and outright dangerous non-compliant activity, that's when I decided that it was time to make a career change.

He admitted to doing it. He knew that it would cause warnings, his intent was to delay/cancel the flight and get overtime to fix the aircraft.

texl1649

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:34 pm

Waterbomber2 wrote:

How do we know? BECAUSE HE CONFESSED TO THE ACT, to the police, and because he was caught on video going into the relevant part of the plane. Goodness, do we need his mother to confirm it was him, on video, holding up a copy of his ID with his confession on tape, before some won't see a management conspiracy?

zuckie13

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:35 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
Should be attempted murder, 150 counts for sabotage of a critical flight component. Had that plane taken off, it likely would have crashed. The term the press was looking for was pitot tube.

As for the aircraft type, I suspect either a Boeing 737-800 or an Airbus A321.

You can only convict of attempted murder if you can prove that he intended to murder people. Intent is hard to prove, it would be his word against some expert of some kind. The fact that he intended to sabotage the plane to prevent it from taking off does not in and of itself equal intending to murder. That's how the law works. Plenty of other things he can be charged with though.

orcajet

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:47 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:

I think you are right, because of the distance the route is not normally served by mainline. Thursday AM however, AA ran an extra section on a B738 AA9245.... I would suspect that is the flight. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL ... /KMIA/MYNN

chepos

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:18 pm

SIDA privileges get revoked for much lesser offenses, can’t see this fool getting a SIDA at any airport. That is if he manages to avoid any jail time.

This incident occurred on 7/17, per the news report. Surprised it took this long for the media to get a hold of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

ual763

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:30 pm

zuckie13 wrote:
Waterbomber2 wrote:

Maybe the fact that he admitted to doing it......

Not to mention the fact, he was caught on video doing it.
From flying to the NOTAM office

ual763

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:32 pm

zuckie13 wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:
Should be attempted murder, 150 counts for sabotage of a critical flight component. Had that plane taken off, it likely would have crashed. The term the press was looking for was pitot tube.

You can only convict of attempted murder if you can prove that he intended to murder people. Intent is hard to prove, it would be his word against some expert of some kind. The fact that he intended to sabotage the plane to prevent it from taking off does not in and of itself equal intending to murder. That's how the law works. Plenty of other things he can be charged with though.

The jury will decide intent. Not to hard to prove with a good prosecutor, which AA and/or the state will definitely have.
From flying to the NOTAM office

Sooner787

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:46 pm

EBiafore99 wrote:
It will be interesting to see how this story resonates with flyers as it unfolds. I for one believe this is an individual acting on his own rather than a "union tactic". However, from a public perspective, I can see people questioning how many other mechanics could do the same thing with contract negotiations still pending. AA needs to be careful on its response.

We've been dealing with AA's problems all summer and we have some clients here in DFW who have status on AA
requesting Southwest and Delta simply cause they're on tight business schedules
and they can't afford flight delays.

spinotter

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:59 pm

millionsofmiles wrote:
Lock him up and throw away the key. Horrible and appalling for someone charged with responsibility for so many people’s lives.

Agree 100%. How could a mechanic whose job is to ensure passenger and crew safety do something like this? I hope there is a long term in prison. Are people crazier these days or is there just more opportunity for harm in our high-tech world?

BoeingGuy

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:06 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:

Seattle Times said 737-800.

BoeingGuy

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:09 pm

exFWAOONW wrote:
Glad the pilots got a warning light. The system works and everyone walked away safely.

What was this guy thinking. How does this help the mechanics’ cause ? It doesn’t, and will most likely destroy any sympathy the public had for them.

They would have a second line of defense too. They do an Airspeed check at 80 knots during takeoff. If the left and right Airspeed displays don’t match, they’ll reject the takeoff.

Sooner787

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:27 pm

At what point, would or could the FAA step in and conduct a wide scale audit of AA's maintenance program?

If so, what effect would it have on day to day ops at AA ?

EBiafore99

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:39 pm

I think the mechanic's action speak to a bigger issue that needs to be addressed. The whole process for airline-labor contracts needs to be looked at. At the end of the day, taking this many years to negotiate a labor contract is ludicrous. Everyone shares the blame (AA, union and government), but I personally put the majority blame on the government. If negotiations were left alone, there would be a "hammer" to encourage a contract (i.e. - strike). However, in the current process, the Federal mediator has to release the parties before a strike can occur. As history has shown, this is something mediators loathe to do. So, what do we have now...a contract negotiation drawn out for years, a summer full of delays and now this incident.

Look, what the mechanic did was wrong and he needs to be punished. However, ignoring the root cause of his actions (the negotiation process) means the door for this type of action stays wide open. Can you completely close the door? Probably not, but fixing the root cause could do a lot to make the opening much smaller.

gdg9

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:53 pm

Somebody earlier mentioned SIDA... while that's the least of his concerns now with federal charges, 49 CFR 1542.209(d) covers disqualifying offenses after conviction for obtaining a SIDA badge.

49 CFR 1542.209(d)(2) interference with air navigation
@dfwtower

atcsundevil

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:13 pm

Please keep the thread on topic. Too many posts have been distracting from the actual discussion at hand. In this case, it's best to discuss the known facts rather than engage in likely pointless speculation.

✈️ atcsundevil

william

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:16 pm

Has the Mechanic's Union put a statement yet?

DlTechops

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:33 pm

Waterbomber2 wrote:

So what I read said he was hurt financially by the negotiations taking so long so he was making his own overtime. Dont know if what i saw was the same as the OP posted (i didnt read it)
Pilots keep passengers safe. We keep the pilots safe.

Phoenix757767

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:40 pm

September, 6, 2019

The TWU/IAM Association condemns, in the strongest possible terms, any conduct by any individual that jeopardizes the safe operation of an aircraft. Safety is the number one priority for our IAM and TWU members involved in the maintenance and operation of aircraft. These members are the most highly trained safety professionals in the airline industry. As a result, the US air transportation system is the safest in the world. Any conduct that jeopardizes that safety is not tolerated or condoned by the leadership or members of our organizations.

http://www.twu-iam.org/2019/09/06/2307/

drdisque

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:49 pm

annnd the flight didn't even cancel.

AA2834 on Jul17 operated with a ~4.5 hour delay.

ABEguy

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:51 pm

blueflyer wrote:
spacecadet wrote:
What this guy did was clearly wrong and he should have all of his certifications revoked. But let's have a little perspective here. This was not dangerous. Pilots do not take off with inoperative air data computers.

Thank you! I was hoping for this kind of level-headed perspective.

ztarizona wrote:
I am so troubled by this story to hear that this is even in the realm of possibility these days. Being a maintenance crew is in some ways acting as a health officer for the equipment responsible for thousands if not millions of lives over their lifetime of service. What a total disgrace to the staff at AA who work long hours to do the right thing. This scandal is so shocking to me and trouble anyone who is a member of the flying public, putting their trust in God, their pilots, the maintenance staff, the flight attendants to keep them safe. I pray for extreme penalties in this case.

Gosh flying with you must be exhausting. People who work in the aviation industry from manufacturer to airline to service providers are people, not gods! They occasionally make (intentional) mistakes, and some of these mistakes cause the death of innocent people. Part of why the industry tries to put in place so many safeguards so these mistakes can be caught before they have disastrous consequences... as was the case with this one.

As for health inspectors... well they take bribes and inducements and have days when they don't care!

ABEguy wrote:
I know this is only one guy and not all AA mechanics, but the empathy I had for these guys is officially gone. If this is being done at union instruction, massive firings all across the system are in order.

Looks as though there's as much evidence this was done at the behest of the union as there is that you are posting on behalf of management...

Twu president john Samuelsen proudly proclaiming that AA can expect the bloodiest battle in history is part of it.
Last edited by ABEguy on Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drdisque

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:51 pm

orcajet wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:

I think you are right, because of the distance the route is not normally served by mainline. Thursday AM however, AA ran an extra section on a B738 AA9245.... I would suspect that is the flight. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL ... /KMIA/MYNN

This happened July 17, not yesterday.

The extra section yesterday was due to the hurricane.

goosebayguy

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:01 pm

I'm an aerospace engineer and I have to say that this story really scares me. Everyone I have ever worked with have been total professionals and take pride in doing a good job. This is truly shocking.

ltbewr

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:25 pm

One has to wonder about the supervision of these mechanics if able to do something so dangerously and intentionally wrong.

CobaltScar

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:28 pm

Let a judge decide what the nature of his crime was. I don't care what he has to say for himself. Sounds like terrorism to me. Lets see what the jury thinks.

kiowa

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:40 pm

CobaltScar wrote:
Let a judge decide what the nature of his crime was. I don't care what he has to say for himself. Sounds like terrorism to me. Lets see what the jury thinks.

Indeed. He is arrested and accused. Not convicted so far.

Waterbomber2

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:12 pm

Having read the article now, I see that he indeed confessed.
Not the smartest thing to do to get some overtime, but from there to call him a terrorist is a stretch too far IMO.

If you knew what management gets away with at MRO's across the globe, they should almost all be in jail.
How many times have I seen mechanics get asked to go into a wing that still contained wet fuel, without low voltage lighting and anti-static clothing, to do a job that wasn't even within the MRO's scope of work? That is criminal.

Phoenix757767

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:21 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
Pyrex wrote:
The only question is, when will the mechanic who found this out and reported the issue to management have a grievance filled against him/her for interfering in union negotiations, get kicked out of the union and have AA be forced to fire him because it is a closed shop?

Closed shops are illegal. Union shops are legal though. If the union were to try that, that would be a huge issue where American Airlines could claim Texas law applies (right to work) as American is based in Texas.

Closed shops are not illegal, the Railway Labor Act permits it, all unionized airlines are closed shop.

State Right to Work laws don’t apply to unionized airline employees as the RLA supersedes them.

KlimaBXsst

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:41 pm

Statistically speaking, I am unable to voice my opinion freely here on Airliners.net which truthfully IMO compromises our interest in airline safety, in view of some recent airlines tragedies across the world.

So rather than getting banned for anything so mundane, regarding airline mechanic reliability with airline mechanic reliability population statistics, I am refraining from comment. Mental health of airline mechanic populations is important and do bring into question if some airline mechanic populations can statistically perform with reliability consistently compared to national airline averages.

By NO means though am I suggesting the mechanic in this circumstance is mentally ill OR corporate culture at AA is failing to screen mechanics and airline personnel fully and comprehensively since the advent of post deregulation airline history.
Aesthetically the A 340 got it right!

TTailedTiger

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:55 pm

Waterbomber2 wrote:
Not the smartest thing to do to get some overtime, but from there to call him a terrorist is a stretch too far IMO.

If you knew what management gets away with at MRO's across the globe, they should almost all be in jail.
How many times have I seen mechanics get asked to go into a wing that still contained wet fuel, without low voltage lighting and anti-static clothing, to do a job that wasn't even within the MRO's scope of work? That is criminal.

No one will disagree with you that such behavior by an MRO should be criminal. I'm not sure why you are trying to diminish what this mechanic did. What if there had been a sensor failure and the crew wasn't alerted to the issue? If someone tried to shoot you and they missed, would that be ok? No harm done?

TTailedTiger

Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:00 pm

Phoenix757767 wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:
Pyrex wrote:
The only question is, when will the mechanic who found this out and reported the issue to management have a grievance filled against him/her for interfering in union negotiations, get kicked out of the union and have AA be forced to fire him because it is a closed shop?

Closed shops are illegal. Union shops are legal though. If the union were to try that, that would be a huge issue where American Airlines could claim Texas law applies (right to work) as American is based in Texas.

Closed shops are not illegal, the Railway Labor Act permits it, all unionized airlines are closed shop.

State Right to Work laws don’t apply to unionized airline employees as the RLA supersedes them.

All that means is that dues will be taken out of your paycheck whether you are a union member or not. The RLA does not allow the unIon to force membership on anyone.

jetblueguy22

Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:42 pm

ltbewr wrote:
One has to wonder about the supervision of these mechanics if able to do something so dangerously and intentionally wrong.

So what are they supposed to do? Have a supervisor for every employee?

Guy is an adult. He should be trusted to do his job. But hey, let’s make it seem like management was the problem here.

Talk about a quick way to turn what little support the union may have had into resentment. If the union doesn’t get what they want I know one person they can point the finger at.
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

n92r03

Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:42 pm

I can't believe someone can live somewhere for decades and not speak the language. Then to make $7000-$8000 per month... Sounds like a helluva deal. Greed is a terrible thing. Hopefully he gets to stay at the Gray-Bar Hotel for a long time.

ztarizona

Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:49 pm

blueflyer wrote:
spacecadet wrote:
What this guy did was clearly wrong and he should have all of his certifications revoked. But let's have a little perspective here. This was not dangerous. Pilots do not take off with inoperative air data computers.

Thank you! I was hoping for this kind of level-headed perspective.

ztarizona wrote:
I am so troubled by this story to hear that this is even in the realm of possibility these days. Being a maintenance crew is in some ways acting as a health officer for the equipment responsible for thousands if not millions of lives over their lifetime of service. What a total disgrace to the staff at AA who work long hours to do the right thing. This scandal is so shocking to me and trouble anyone who is a member of the flying public, putting their trust in God, their pilots, the maintenance staff, the flight attendants to keep them safe. I pray for extreme penalties in this case.

Gosh flying with you must be exhausting. People who work in the aviation industry from manufacturer to airline to service providers are people, not gods! They occasionally make (intentional) mistakes, and some of these mistakes cause the death of innocent people. Part of why the industry tries to put in place so many safeguards so these mistakes can be caught before they have disastrous consequences... as was the case with this one.

As for health inspectors... well they take bribes and inducements and have days when they don't care!

ABEguy wrote:
I know this is only one guy and not all AA mechanics, but the empathy I had for these guys is officially gone. If this is being done at union instruction, massive firings all across the system are in order.

Looks as though there's as much evidence this was done at the behest of the union as there is that you are posting on behalf of management...

As someone who works as a health professional I take pride in my work and responsibilities. I refuse to accept a "new normal" situation which is what you describe of " They occasionally make (intentional) mistakes, and some of these mistakes cause the death of innocent people" this framing of this argument in this way is typical of what I'd expect of sociopath or disturbed person, not a member of the flying public. I do not typically think about when I pay for a ticket whether or not the maintenance folks at that airline are engaged in a dispute that could endanger my life or lead them to sabotage an aircraft with 150 souls aboard. Looks like I'll spend a little more time thinking before booking my next ticket!
“The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” ― Issac Asimov

atcsundevil

Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:38 pm

Just a reminder to users that racist/bigoted comments are not tolerated on this site. Users will be warned or banned for such comments. If you can't engage in a discussion respectfully, then this isn't the site for you.

✈️ atcsundevil

TheOldDude

Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:15 pm

Is the mechanic's story reasonable? Airline mechanics are smart people. Surely they know of many ways to create overtime through actions that do not put a flight at risk. I'd like confirmation that (1) such actions do exist, and (2) such actions have been used before. If confirmation is given, the question then becomes why this mechanic chose this action at this time.

strfyr51

Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:38 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
Unfortunately this guy is going to get a slap on the wrist with just probation/community service & a small fine. He may not work for a major airline again but he will be working at some contracted/smaller firm in a matter of weeks.

the FAA takes a Dim view on Just about everything and they should revoke this idiot's Airframe and Powerplant cert as well as his FCC !
There can't be any mitigating reasons why he did this. He wasn't starving,, Putting people's lives at risk is Not what this is about,

EA CO AS

Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:05 pm

According to court records, he was previously employed at AS and was issued progressive steps of discipline for work performance, up to and including termination:

https://www.businessinsider.com/america ... erm=mobile
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

D L X

Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:39 pm

Waterbomber2 wrote:

If a factory worker were upset that wages were low and blew up the factory to send a message to management, would that be terrorism?

A: yes.

ewt340

Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:47 am

n92r03 wrote:
I can't believe someone can live somewhere for decades and not speak the language. Then to make $7000-$8000 per month... Sounds like a helluva deal. Greed is a terrible thing. Hopefully he gets to stay at the Gray-Bar Hotel for a long time.

Many expats who work for multinational companies like Nestle, Coca Cola, MIcrosoft, and people who work for their country's embassy in other countries tend to not speak any of the local language.

Especially if the person are english speaker. When they moved to places where many people speak English like India, Thailand or Singapore, they don't bother to learn at all.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:50 am

AA letter to employees:

Dear fellow team members,

At American, safety is the foundation that supports everything we do. It is what our airline is built on. We are entrusted to care for our customers and each other, and we know all of you take that responsibility seriously every time you come to work.

Recent news reports of an extremely serious incident that occurred over the summer are disturbing and disappointing to all of us. The allegations involve one individual who compromised the safety of one of our aircraft. Fortunately, with appropriate safety protocols and processes, this individual’s actions were discovered and mitigated before our aircraft flew. We have been cooperating with authorities in this matter and will continue to do so.

Since the time of this incident, we are in a different place. We are seeing some operational improvements with fewer aircraft out of service at the start of the day. And, importantly, we have promising developments on the negotiations front and are scheduled to resume that work with the National Mediation Board (NMB) on Sept. 16. Next to a shared accountability for the safety of our aircraft and an unwavering respect for the tech ops profession, we and the Association remain committed to reaching a joint agreement for one contract for our entire Tech Ops team.

We maintain full trust and confidence in our team members and the intentional design of our rigorous safety policies and procedures. And, we continually work with governmental authorities and other subject matter experts to review pertinent security protocols and determine where there may be opportunities to make enhancements.

American is home to more than 15,000 Tech Ops professionals, which is more than any other airline in the world. They are outstanding safety professionals, and we are extremely appreciative and proud of them and the profession they represent. We consider them to be the best in the business, and it is important to not let this incident change that view.

Thank you for all you do at American to ensure safe operations for our 130,000 team members and safe travel for our hundreds of millions of customers.

David Seymour
Senior Vice President, Integrated Operations

https://viewfromthewing.com/2019/09/06/ ... s-a-plane/
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

ctrabs0114

Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:54 am

It does make me wonder if this is an isolated incident or if there will be a more thorough review of AA flights which experienced major M/X related delays in the past few months. I would hope that this is an isolated incident, but it does give me some pause about flying out of MIA should the need arise in the future.

Now that I've read the article, I wonder how this guy was able to double-dip with AA and AS for a 10 year period. It might technically be legal, but I don't know if that's a common practice of if the suspect's dual employment was an outlier.
Last edited by ctrabs0114 on Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW, SAT, ORD, SLC, SEA, DTW, PHL, MIA, LAX; B73G (WN x3), B738 (WN, AA, DL), A20N (NK), MD83 (AA), B788 (AA x2), CS1 (DL), B739 (DL), B712 (DL), B752 (AA), B763 (AA), B77W (AA), B789 (AA)
Next: TBA

NWADTWE16

Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:54 am

Could the passengers class action sue American for this? I would think so...thoughts?
I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list!

D L X

Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:26 am

NWADTWE16 wrote:
Could the passengers class action sue American for this? I would think so...thoughts?

No.

PANAMsterdam

Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:48 am

Since the time of this incident, we are in a different place. We are seeing some operational improvements with fewer aircraft out of service at the start of the day.

What?! :wideeyed: So this is not an isolated incident but it looks like it has happened before, just on a lesser scale?
Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away!

Byrdluvs747

Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:33 am

It looks like AA's Summer from Hell is turning into the Autumn of Angst.

ABEguy wrote:
If this is being done at union instruction, massive firings all across the system are in order.

Can we tone it down a little. There is no way that the union instructed any member to sabotage an aircraft and put lives at severe risk.

ABEguy wrote:
Parker and company need to take the gloves off with this Kumbaya, we are all a big family blah blah blah.

Lets not pretend that Parker is an angel descending from heaven in all of this. The atmosphere that led to this incident was created under his leadership. The BOD really needs to vote him out.
The 747: The hands who designed it were guided by god.

Redd

Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:23 am

spacecadet wrote:
If it happens in the air unexpectedly, then potentially, with a particularly poorly trained crew. (Identifying and dealing with the loss of the ADC is one of the things you're trained on from the private pilot stage.)

If it happens on startup, where it's specifically one of the checks pilots go through, then no. This is why pilots have checklists.

Unfortunately, a logical explanation doesn't fill the need people have for sensationalism.

B757capt

Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:53 am

Sooner787 wrote:
At what point, would or could the FAA step in and conduct a wide scale audit of AA's maintenance program?

If so, what effect would it have on day to day ops at AA ?

This has already happened. The FAA issued public letters to AA and the joint unions about their “enhanced surveillance and auditing.” My contacts tell me the Feds are more visible than ever.
The views written by this user are in no manner the views of my employer and should not be thought as such.

peterinlisbon

Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:10 am

It's a very dangerous thing to mess with an aircraft. Even a problem with the In-Flight Entertainment system was enough to bring a plane down. This guy is a moron and he could have got people killed.

ChrisNH38

Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:43 am

They say that one bad apple shouldn’t spoil the bunch, but the public’s perception of unions and their ‘tactics’ can’t help but take a hit.
https://my.flightradar24.com/ChrisNH

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos