Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Adria (JP) threatened with jet impounding

Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:32 pm

LEJCargo wrote:
According to news today Adria may cease operation today if they don't get funds. They asked the govt for a 4 million € bailout to cover salaries and operational costs on Friday. Government said no, due to EU regulations and very bad balance sheets from Adria, so it is expected that Adria makes a decision about future operations today late in the evening.


Do you maybe have more information on this? I see tonight they have a single night flight, Tirana at 22.35, and that was cancelled. I wonder if it has something to do with what you wrote.
 
aircatalonia
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:50 pm

Re: Adria (JP) threatened with jet impounding

Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:40 pm

Blerg wrote:
Do you maybe have more information on this? I see tonight they have a single night flight, Tirana at 22.35, and that was cancelled. I wonder if it has something to do with what you wrote.


They also had Skopje and Pristina (JP810 and JP890) both at 22.40. But those have been removed from the airport's departure board altogether. They still show up on FR24 departure board, though.
 
LEJCargo
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:44 am

Re: Adria (JP) threatened with jet impounding

Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:52 pm

Blerg wrote:
LEJCargo wrote:
According to news today Adria may cease operation today if they don't get funds. They asked the govt for a 4 million € bailout to cover salaries and operational costs on Friday. Government said no, due to EU regulations and very bad balance sheets from Adria, so it is expected that Adria makes a decision about future operations today late in the evening.


Do you maybe have more information on this? I see tonight they have a single night flight, Tirana at 22.35, and that was cancelled. I wonder if it has something to do with what you wrote.


Ministry of Infrastructure has confirmed they received a letter from Adria CEO asking for 4 million (in form of state bank guarantee). They said the deadline is Monday at 21.00 otherwise they would have to cease operations. Secretary from the Ministry was on TV just 30 minutes ago and said that they will not provide it. There are two main reasons for it: Government already provided 3 million funds in 2016 for Adria, so EU law prohibits another financial injection and secondly Adria has not released their balance sheets for year 2018, so nobody actually knows what is the extent of their debt.
 
LEJCargo
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:44 am

Re: Adria (JP) threatened with jet impounding

Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:55 pm

aircatalonia wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Do you maybe have more information on this? I see tonight they have a single night flight, Tirana at 22.35, and that was cancelled. I wonder if it has something to do with what you wrote.


They also had Skopje and Pristina (JP810 and JP890) both at 22.40. But those have been removed from the airport's departure board altogether. They still show up on FR24 departure board, though.


Yes, in the last week a lot of flights are removed from departure board, because they are canceled a few days in advance.

Another hint that something is going on is the fact that there is a Brussels Airlines A320 in LJU right now which may be used for a "quasi PSO" to BRU for people working in the EU.
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Adria (JP) threatened with jet impounding

Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:25 pm

LEJCargo wrote:
Blerg wrote:
LEJCargo wrote:
According to news today Adria may cease operation today if they don't get funds. They asked the govt for a 4 million € bailout to cover salaries and operational costs on Friday. Government said no, due to EU regulations and very bad balance sheets from Adria, so it is expected that Adria makes a decision about future operations today late in the evening.


Do you maybe have more information on this? I see tonight they have a single night flight, Tirana at 22.35, and that was cancelled. I wonder if it has something to do with what you wrote.


Ministry of Infrastructure has confirmed they received a letter from Adria CEO asking for 4 million (in form of state bank guarantee). They said the deadline is Monday at 21.00 otherwise they would have to cease operations. Secretary from the Ministry was on TV just 30 minutes ago and said that they will not provide it. There are two main reasons for it: Government already provided 3 million funds in 2016 for Adria, so EU law prohibits another financial injection and secondly Adria has not released their balance sheets for year 2018, so nobody actually knows what is the extent of their debt.


Interesting, I guess we won't know until tomorrow morning. Unfortunately I fear their issues are just too big to be saved right now unless someone is willing to pump more money into them. Also, those 4 million they are asking won't last that long. How long has it been since they got €4.5 million for those Brussels flights?
 
LEJCargo
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:44 am

Re: Adria (JP) threatened with jet impounding

Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:30 pm

Blerg wrote:

Interesting, I guess we won't know until tomorrow morning. Unfortunately I fear their issues are just too big to be saved right now unless someone is willing to pump more money into them. Also, those 4 million they are asking won't last that long. How long has it been since they got €4.5 million for those Brussels flights?


That was in June I think. The problem is that the overall debt is estimated to be 35-50 million € and those 4 mil. are just to provide salaries and pay off some essential debt, so it will not save anything.

Edit: Newspaper "Finance" is now reporting that flight from CPH was the final flight of JP.
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Adria (JP) threatened with jet impounding

Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:35 pm

LEJCargo wrote:
Blerg wrote:

Interesting, I guess we won't know until tomorrow morning. Unfortunately I fear their issues are just too big to be saved right now unless someone is willing to pump more money into them. Also, those 4 million they are asking won't last that long. How long has it been since they got €4.5 million for those Brussels flights?


That was in June I think. The problem is that the overall debt is estimated to be 35-50 million € and those 4 mil. are just to provide salaries and pay off some essential debt, so it will not save anything.

Edit: Newspaper "Finance" is now reporting that flight from CPH was the final flight of JP.


I think they are hiding their articles behind a paywall, do you happen to have access to what is written?

Let's see what Star Alliance does now, they stand to lose the most tomorrow. Unlike ZAG, LJU has no Star Alliance airlines besides TK and LO.
 
scandinavian590
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Re: Adria (JP) threatened with jet impounding

Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:44 pm

It's over: "Adria Airways temporarily, on Tuesday and Wednesday, ceases flight operations"

Source: www.adria.si
 
LEJCargo
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:44 am

Re: Adria (JP) threatened with jet impounding

Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:47 pm

Blerg wrote:
I think they are hiding their articles behind a paywall, do you happen to have access to what is written?

Let's see what Star Alliance does now, they stand to lose the most tomorrow. Unlike ZAG, LJU has no Star Alliance airlines besides TK and LO.


Here is an update.

Statement from Adria is: flights are temporary suspended, there will be no operation on Tue and Wed. But we all know what temporary suspension means in the world of aviation.

This is reported by Slovenian Press Agency, which means its official...:(
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Adria (JP) threatened with jet impounding

Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:52 pm

Wow I guess this is really the end. Maybe it would be good to change the title of the thread.

I feel sorry for all of their passengers who are going to be stranded at various airports. Of course, they aren't that many but still.

I bet all of Adria pilots will use the next two days to travel to Vienna.
 
LDLT
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:03 pm

Re: Adria (JP) threatened with jet impounding

Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:57 pm

A "temporary" grounding for 48h, while they talk to potential investors and consider their options. Yeah, game over.
Their last flight

Image
 
VHTAE
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:19 pm

Adria Airways (JP) temporarily ceases operations

Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:59 pm

According to EX-YU Aviation News (source) Adria Airways of Slovenia has temporary ceased operations.

https://www.exyuaviation.com/2019/09/ad ... s.html?m=1
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Adria (JP) threatened with jet impounding

Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:02 pm

I can only imagine how somber the mood was onboard that flight.
 
alan3
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Adria Airways (JP) ceases operations

Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:06 pm

The Croatian government also had to infuse millions of $ into Croatia Airlines earlier this month.

I'm sure this won't happen due to nationalism and national pride, but would there be more strength in Slovenia-Croatia (and maybe even Bosnia) joint regional carrier? Maybe like an SAS type of set up? Just a thought.
 
VHTAE
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:19 pm

Re: Adria (JP) threatened with jet impounding

Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:37 pm

Well said. The European market is saturated with so many airlines at the moment. Regarding Ex YU they maybe should bring back JAT Yugoslav Airlines just a thought or wishful thinking... ;)
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 3227
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:06 pm

Is Air Serbia doing that well? This is a case where the JAT infrastructure may have been the best.
 
DDR
Posts: 1695
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Re: Adria (JP) threatened with jet impounding

Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:08 pm

VHTAE wrote:
Well said. The European market is saturated with so many airlines at the moment. Regarding Ex YU they maybe should bring back JAT Yugoslav Airlines just a thought or wishful thinking... ;)


That's actually not a bad idea. Set it up like SAS and it might actually work. But serious question, would the different nationalities be able to work together?
 
avek00
Posts: 3233
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:56 am

Re: Adria (JP) threatened with jet impounding

Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:19 pm

DDR wrote:
VHTAE wrote:
Well said. The European market is saturated with so many airlines at the moment. Regarding Ex YU they maybe should bring back JAT Yugoslav Airlines just a thought or wishful thinking... ;)


That's actually not a bad idea. Set it up like SAS and it might actually work. But serious question, would the different nationalities be able to work together?


SAS as a model of success? LOL.
Live life to the fullest.
 
alan3
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Adria (JP) threatened with jet impounding

Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:34 am

avek00 wrote:
DDR wrote:
VHTAE wrote:
Well said. The European market is saturated with so many airlines at the moment. Regarding Ex YU they maybe should bring back JAT Yugoslav Airlines just a thought or wishful thinking... ;)


That's actually not a bad idea. Set it up like SAS and it might actually work. But serious question, would the different nationalities be able to work together?


SAS as a model of success? LOL.


Obviously the point being whether countries can share an airline as opposed to every small European state having to have its own struggling flag carrier. Especially up against FR and U2.

SAS have had issues but they’ll be the ones left standing after Norwegian dies.
 
SCQ83
Posts: 5599
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: Adria (JP) threatened with jet impounding

Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:53 am

avek00 wrote:
DDR wrote:
VHTAE wrote:
Well said. The European market is saturated with so many airlines at the moment. Regarding Ex YU they maybe should bring back JAT Yugoslav Airlines just a thought or wishful thinking... ;)


That's actually not a bad idea. Set it up like SAS and it might actually work. But serious question, would the different nationalities be able to work together?


SAS as a model of success? LOL.


Former Yugoslavia is not comparable in any measure. CPH, ARN or OSL alone must have more passengers that all the former Yugoslavia airports combined. Those are very small markets and not particularly high-yield so there is no business reason for a national carrier. And even SAS is not a model of a successful airline partially because it is split between several countries.

Sooner or later those countries will go the Budapest or Skopje way. Only Air Serbia might remain.
 
oschkosch
Posts: 537
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:41 pm

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:36 am

Flightglobal confirms temp grounding:

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... vi-461035/

Adria Airways is halting all flights on 24-25 September, claiming that the measure is “temporary”.

All services from Ljubljana, Pristina and Tirana will be halted. The carrier states that it is trying to secure fresh capital to continue flight operations.

Adria says that it is “intensively searching” for a financial solution with potential – but unidentified – investors.
:stirthepot: :airplane: "This airplane is designed by clowns, who in turn are supervised by monkeys" :airplane: :stirthepot:
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:59 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:
Is Air Serbia doing that well? This is a case where the JAT infrastructure may have been the best.


Air Serbia does quite well actually. They launched 9 new routes from BEG this summer out of which 7 are year-round.This summer they had a crazy charter season, I think it grew by 10%. On top of that this winter they increased regional flights to Bucharest, Skopje and Tirana.

As for a pan-Yugoslav airline, why should we do it when most republics can't stand each other? There is a reason Yugoslavia collapsed. The whole project would collapse at the very beginning when they would try to decide where to base the HQ.

Adria could have made it but they made some bad, senseless business moves which led them to bankruptcy. They could have become some sort of a Balkan airBaltic.

Of course the Nordic countries are richer than the Balkan/ex-YU ones when they never had Communism or war. So comparing them makes little sense. Long term Balkan states have far more potential than the Nordic ones because they have a larger population so more potential. Look at what is happening in Poland right now or the Czech Republic or Hungary.
 
mxaxai
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:29 am

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:00 am

oschkosch wrote:
Flightglobal confirms temp grounding:

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... vi-461035/

Adria Airways is halting all flights on 24-25 September, claiming that the measure is “temporary”.

All services from Ljubljana, Pristina and Tirana will be halted. The carrier states that it is trying to secure fresh capital to continue flight operations.

Adria says that it is “intensively searching” for a financial solution with potential – but unidentified – investors.

Are their flights from other airports affected as well? JP seems to be operating several flights for the LH group.
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:07 am

mxaxai wrote:
oschkosch wrote:
Flightglobal confirms temp grounding:

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... vi-461035/

Adria Airways is halting all flights on 24-25 September, claiming that the measure is “temporary”.

All services from Ljubljana, Pristina and Tirana will be halted. The carrier states that it is trying to secure fresh capital to continue flight operations.

Adria says that it is “intensively searching” for a financial solution with potential – but unidentified – investors.

Are their flights from other airports affected as well? JP seems to be operating several flights for the LH group.


My guess is that LH made arrangements with the leasing companies in case JP goes bankrupt. Then again, are those new JP planes or the ones from about two days ago that were repossessed?
 
artflyer
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:08 pm

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:44 am

The biggest group of stranded passengers is a Polish national volleyball team supposed to fly today on Adria from AMS to LJU to play Slovenia in a semifinal of the European Championships. If Adria were to resume flights after two days, I would really start to believe in conspiracy theories;)
 
Toinou
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:21 am

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:58 pm

It seems that the suspension of Adria flights hit especially hard Lugano airport as Adria was flying all ZRH-LUG flights on behalf of LX.
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:12 pm

Air Serbia seems to be the first one to respond, they are increasing BEG-LJU from 12 to 14. They are also trying to fill the void in regional markets by increasing TIA from 6 to 11, SKP from 6 to 8.

Also they published rescue fares:

https://www.airserbia.com/en/special-ti ... passengers
 
debonair
Posts: 3695
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Adria Airways (JP) temporarily ceases operations

Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:26 pm

VHTAE wrote:
According to EX-YU Aviation News (source) Adria Airways of Slovenia has temporary ceased operations.

https://www.exyuaviation.com/2019/09/ad ... s.html?m=1


According to adria, flights to FRA will continue to operate. So it is not a grounding of the airline, only a "temporarely suspension of most of its routes".
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Adria Airways (JP) temporarily ceases operations

Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:30 pm

debonair wrote:
VHTAE wrote:
According to EX-YU Aviation News (source) Adria Airways of Slovenia has temporary ceased operations.

https://www.exyuaviation.com/2019/09/ad ... s.html?m=1


According to adria, flights to FRA will continue to operate. So it is not a grounding of the airline, only a "temporarely suspension of most of its routes".


That's a new development and I am sure LH paid for it because there are no LH Group airlines in LJU so they would have to rebook passengers on JU, AF, KL, TK and so on.
 
FluidFlow
Posts: 570
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:39 am

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:32 pm

Toinou wrote:
It seems that the suspension of Adria flights hit especially hard Lugano airport as Adria was flying all ZRH-LUG flights on behalf of LX.


You will have to travel by train:

https://www.swiss.com/ch/EN/various/breaking-news-2
 
LEJCargo
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:44 am

Re: Adria Airways (JP) temporarily ceases operations

Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:32 pm

Blerg wrote:
debonair wrote:
VHTAE wrote:
According to EX-YU Aviation News (source) Adria Airways of Slovenia has temporary ceased operations.

https://www.exyuaviation.com/2019/09/ad ... s.html?m=1


According to adria, flights to FRA will continue to operate. So it is not a grounding of the airline, only a "temporarely suspension of most of its routes".


That's a new development and I am sure LH paid for it because there are no LH Group airlines in LJU so they would have to rebook passengers on JU, AF, KL, TK and so on.


There would be only one FRA-LJU today and one LJU-FRA tomorrow carried out by WDL Aviation. Not sure who paid for the flight, but from what I hear its the obligation from Star Alliance. All Adria planes and staff are still grounded.
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Adria Airways (JP) temporarily ceases operations

Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:43 pm

LEJCargo wrote:
Blerg wrote:
debonair wrote:

According to adria, flights to FRA will continue to operate. So it is not a grounding of the airline, only a "temporarely suspension of most of its routes".


That's a new development and I am sure LH paid for it because there are no LH Group airlines in LJU so they would have to rebook passengers on JU, AF, KL, TK and so on.


There would be only one FRA-LJU today and one LJU-FRA tomorrow carried out by WDL Aviation. Not sure who paid for the flight, but from what I hear its the obligation from Star Alliance. All Adria planes and staff are still grounded.


But why should JP care about its obligations towards Star Alliance when they are going bankrupt?

I am surprised LH Group has not reacted towards this situation, I know Slovenia is a small market but still...
 
LEJCargo
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:44 am

Re: Adria Airways (JP) temporarily ceases operations

Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:58 pm

Blerg wrote:
LEJCargo wrote:
Blerg wrote:

That's a new development and I am sure LH paid for it because there are no LH Group airlines in LJU so they would have to rebook passengers on JU, AF, KL, TK and so on.


There would be only one FRA-LJU today and one LJU-FRA tomorrow carried out by WDL Aviation. Not sure who paid for the flight, but from what I hear its the obligation from Star Alliance. All Adria planes and staff are still grounded.


But why should JP care about its obligations towards Star Alliance when they are going bankrupt?

I am surprised LH Group has not reacted towards this situation, I know Slovenia is a small market but still...


They still haven't officially declared bankruptcy. And until they don't, nobody can trigger their emergency plan. It sucks for the customers, it sucks for LJU and it sucks for travel companies.

Basically they want to induce chaos to force the state to help them and they still want the money "no strings attached and no questions asked".
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Adria Airways (JP) temporarily ceases operations

Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:57 pm

LEJCargo wrote:
Blerg wrote:
LEJCargo wrote:

There would be only one FRA-LJU today and one LJU-FRA tomorrow carried out by WDL Aviation. Not sure who paid for the flight, but from what I hear its the obligation from Star Alliance. All Adria planes and staff are still grounded.


But why should JP care about its obligations towards Star Alliance when they are going bankrupt?

I am surprised LH Group has not reacted towards this situation, I know Slovenia is a small market but still...


They still haven't officially declared bankruptcy. And until they don't, nobody can trigger their emergency plan. It sucks for the customers, it sucks for LJU and it sucks for travel companies.

Basically they want to induce chaos to force the state to help them and they still want the money "no strings attached and no questions asked".


They have unfortunately turned into such a nasty business. I don't think anyone will come to their rescue and if they get money from the government, they would need much more as I am sure people would not trust them after all this drama.
 
Toinou
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:21 am

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:07 pm

FluidFlow wrote:
Toinou wrote:
It seems that the suspension of Adria flights hit especially hard Lugano airport as Adria was flying all ZRH-LUG flights on behalf of LX.


You will have to travel by train:

https://www.swiss.com/ch/EN/various/breaking-news-2


It is indeed the easy solution.
It is just an interesting development regarding LUG airport knowing that its future as a commercial airport was recently questioned given the future evolutions of train transport between the region and ZRH.
 
debonair
Posts: 3695
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:08 pm

Well in the past their were rumours by Lugano Airport, that ZIMEX would take over the route - having with the Beech1900 and/or ATR42 the perfect aircraft on offer.

However, ZIMEX later denied any involvement in talks with the canton of Ticino... But maybe the time has come?
 
pspfan
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:15 pm

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:32 pm

artflyer wrote:
The biggest group of stranded passengers is a Polish national volleyball team supposed to fly today on Adria from AMS to LJU to play Slovenia in a semifinal of the European Championships. If Adria were to resume flights after two days, I would really start to believe in conspiracy theories;)

The volleyball team was picked up today at AMS by a Polish AF 738
Fixit002Heavy
 
Toinou
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:21 am

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:41 am

debonair wrote:
Well in the past their were rumours by Lugano Airport, that ZIMEX would take over the route - having with the Beech1900 and/or ATR42 the perfect aircraft on offer.

However, ZIMEX later denied any involvement in talks with the canton of Ticino... But maybe the time has come?


Or maybe time has come to admit that it is time to pull the plug. I know the subject of link to the outside world is sensitive in Ticino but only a few in Lugano seem to care about this airport.
 
LEJCargo
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:44 am

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:32 pm

Update from CAA: Lessors have reclaimed all 3 Airbus 319s and 5 CRJ 900s. For all remaining aircraft a request to reclaim has already been addressed to CAA.

About the AOC: CCA has given a deadline until 2nd of October, for Adria to provide fresh capital, pay salaries, new lease contracts etc. if this is not presented, Adria will lose AOC on grounds of financial insolvency. AOC can be retracted with immediate effect if Adria declares bankruptcy or if CAA has any safety considerations.

I believe that Adria will formally announce bankruptcy today.
 
MikeyPHX
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:59 pm

They just announced suspending flights for two more days, Thursday and Friday today. No other declaration. Not handling it well, it’s 4 days of suspended flights now and no information for passengers. Usually some decision is made faster (like recent TC/Condor, good or bad, but faster) and the public is informed. After 4 days of suspended flights it will be hard to regain passenger trust.

Current announcement:
https://www.adria.si/sl/medijsko-sredis ... m-poletov/
 
juliuswong
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:00 am

LEJCargo wrote:
Update from CAA: Lessors have reclaimed all 3 Airbus 319s and 5 CRJ 900s. For all remaining aircraft a request to reclaim has already been addressed to CAA.

About the AOC: CCA has given a deadline until 2nd of October, for Adria to provide fresh capital, pay salaries, new lease contracts etc. if this is not presented, Adria will lose AOC on grounds of financial insolvency. AOC can be retracted with immediate effect if Adria declares bankruptcy or if CAA has any safety considerations.

I believe that Adria will formally announce bankruptcy today.


Updates on aircraft seizure are now streaming in:
Airbus A319 -111 1000 S5-AAX Adria Airways repossesed 25sep19 by lessor, parked at LJU (+ 4282 S5-AAP, + 4301 S5-AAR) ex F-GRHD
Canadair CRJ 900 15129 PH-ADO Samco Aircratt Maintenance ferried 20sep19 LJU-MST after storage since 15apr19, regd same day ex S5-AAL
Canadair CRJ 900 15283 S5-AAU Adria Airways last in svc 18sep19 STR-MUC prior return to lessor (+ 15284 S5-AAV 10sep19 TSR-MUC) ex C-GZQM
Source: https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=4

Another Star Alliance member bites the dust.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:45 am

And still no response from LH Group.

LO has announced that they will be increasing LJU from 7 to 8 weekly. JU and YM have already increased flights. Last night JU send its A319 to LJU due to increased demand after it released rescue fares.
 
LEJCargo
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:44 am

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:50 am

Blerg wrote:
And still no response from LH Group.

LO has announced that they will be increasing LJU from 7 to 8 weekly. JU and YM have already increased flights. Last night JU send its A319 to LJU due to increased demand after it released rescue fares.


Its just sad. All the employees have turned on the owners, which refuse to give a statement. Its basically 2 people from the top office that are holding employees, passengers and the country hostage.
 
jules48
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:25 pm

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:50 am

Cannot understand why a small country that relies heavily on tourism let this happen.Plenty more airlines will go soon as predicted and there will be 10-20 major carriers plus low cost left
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:10 am

LEJCargo wrote:
Blerg wrote:
And still no response from LH Group.

LO has announced that they will be increasing LJU from 7 to 8 weekly. JU and YM have already increased flights. Last night JU send its A319 to LJU due to increased demand after it released rescue fares.


Its just sad. All the employees have turned on the owners, which refuse to give a statement. Its basically 2 people from the top office that are holding employees, passengers and the country hostage.


At least pilots have the opportunity to move to Vienna and work for Lauda. Others will have a much harder time I guess. Such a shame that this whole story has finished like this.

Any news on what happened to Slovenian tourists who ended up without a flight back home?
 
LEJCargo
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:44 am

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:11 am

jules48 wrote:
Cannot understand why a small country that relies heavily on tourism let this happen.Plenty more airlines will go soon as predicted and there will be 10-20 major carriers plus low cost left


Well it shouldn't have been sold to such a stupid owner in the first place. So pumping money into it in this form is absolutely pointless.

But the problem is that majority of people don't understand, that such an airline will never be profitable. So they don't want state ownership of a loss maker. Unfortunately they don't see the big picture.
 
LEJCargo
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:44 am

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:16 am

Blerg wrote:
Any news on what happened to Slovenian tourists who ended up without a flight back home?


Travel agencies chartered some flights (TradeAir, FlyEgypt etc.). So far, there are no reports of people being stranded from people that booked a package holiday. Its a bigger problem with people that took a normal flight somewhere, since officially its still operational, so no real rescue flights happening...
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:19 am

I am impressed that LH is still selling JP flights on their website. Maybe they don't care as when JP goes bankrupt they will just introduce their own and reschedule passengers onto those?
 
debonair
Posts: 3695
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:41 am

Blerg wrote:
I am impressed that LH is still selling JP flights on their website. Maybe they don't care as when JP goes bankrupt they will just introduce their own and reschedule passengers onto those?


Not only LH - LX as well. swiss suspended the sale of Lugano only until September 27th - after this date you can still book flights "op. by adria airways", even all SAAB200 seems to be repossessed.
 
Weatherwatcher1
Posts: 429
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:14 pm

Re: Updated: Adria Airways grounded

Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:50 pm

jules48 wrote:
Cannot understand why a small country that relies heavily on tourism let this happen.Plenty more airlines will go soon as predicted and there will be 10-20 major carriers plus low cost left


I can see Wizz air taking up the tourism demand. Internationally backed Wizz Air is taking market share away from small airlines in the region with a product that better matches current demographics and demand. I don’t see why a government would want to fund a small airline against the international LCC powerhouses.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos