flyiguy
Topic Author

WN to share MAX grounding reimbursement with workers

Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:50 am

WN has once again set a precedent of why employees LUV the company. Wonder if other CEO’s with MAX groundings will follow suit?

Here’s the link from Bloomberg:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... th-workers

FLY
The opinions I post are of mine and mine alone, not of the airline I work for.

lightsaber

Re: WN to share MAX grounding reimbursement with workers

Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:52 am

Suddenly all WN want to hold out for more compensation...

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

kiowa

Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:40 pm

flyiguy wrote:
WN has once again set a precedent of why employees LUV the company. Wonder if other CEO’s with MAX groundings will follow suit?

FLY

Not all employees love southwest and certainly not all passengers but they do have their share of fanboys to spread the spin.

737max8

Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:41 pm

lightsaber wrote:
Suddenly all WN want to hold out for more compensation...

Lightsaber

Nah, every comment I see from everyone at WN is how badly the planes are wanted back. This is a great move by WN, as Gary said this has effected everyone with lots of extra work, loss of capacity, etc.
The thoughts and opinions expressed in my comments do not represent that of any airline or affiliate.
Flown on: 717 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 7M8 744 744ER 752 753 762 763 772 773ER 788 789 A319/20/21 A332 A333 A343 A359 A388

Natflyer

Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:36 pm

Boeing hasn´t paid a single MAX customer one cent yet according to public knowledge. I am sure they won´t until the absolutely have to (court order?). At some point they might consider Chapter 11 bankruptcy and let a bankruptcy judge sort it out. That would guarantee it to take a long time.

BravoOne

Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:47 pm

Natflyer wrote:
Boeing hasn´t paid a single MAX customer one cent yet according to public knowledge. I am sure they won´t until the absolutely have to (court order?). At some point they might consider Chapter 11 bankruptcy and let a bankruptcy judge sort it out. That would guarantee it to take a long time.

No way Boeing is even close the BK as a result of the MAX debacle.

canyonblue17

Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:49 pm

Why would they let the company go through bankruptcy if they have already set aside $5+ billion to repay injured parties?
negative ghostrider the pattern is full

strfyr51

Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:54 pm

Natflyer wrote:

That's what Airbus might wish but Boeing isn't going CH-11 or CH-7 anytime soon. Boeing can bundle a bunch of contracts across the company and pay the money out of their reserves. They've got money coming in all 4 doors and stashed in all 4 pockets. There isn't even a chance the US Govt. would ever LET Boeing go under..

PSAatSAN4Ever

Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:55 pm

BravoOne wrote:
Natflyer wrote:

No way Boeing is even close the BK as a result of the MAX debacle.

Give it time. They have hundreds of attorneys and support staff working every day on contingency plans should anything even remotely approaching bankruptcy announce itself. Every major corporation does the same thing.

Should a decision come down that Boeing is required to pay VAST amounts of compensation - and we can debate endlessly over whether it is justified or not elsewhere - you can bet your bottom dollar that the first thing Boeing will do is file for Chapter 11 so as to protect its assets as best it can.

Good for WN for ensuring that its employees are well taken care of. Nothing is ever perfect, but WN has never seen its paid workforce as a "liability", as other companies do. Hopefully the MAX will get back in the sky soon!

planecane

Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:13 pm

Natflyer wrote:

At no point will they consider Chapter 11 bankruptcy to get out of paying compensation. A company can't just decide to file for bankruptcy to get out of paying certain liabilities. They have to be unable to make payments that are due. If the company has the funds/assets to pay, the bankruptcy court would just make them pay the whole amount owed anyway.

People end up in jail (most recent celebrity example Abby Lee Miller from Dance Moms) for trying to file for bankruptcy and hide assets that could have been used to pay liabilities.

Antarius

Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:50 pm

kiowa wrote:
flyiguy wrote:

FLY

Not all employees love southwest and certainly not all passengers but they do have their share of fanboys to spread the spin.

Luv em or hate em, one cannot deny that over their history, they have been an extraordinarily successful company.
2019: SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX OAK SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS BIS DOH BLR KTM MFM MEX MSY BWI DEN

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos