Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BravoOne

Re: Cathay Pacific to cut capacity

Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:20 pm

I think this might be an ideal time to visit HKG what with the crowds being minimal in many places. Friends tell me you can easily avoid most of the hot spot with minimal effort.

Ishrion

Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:30 am

On the other hand, American Airlines says "Demand for Hong Kong flights in smaller decline than expected during protests".

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/hon ... e-expected

Antarius

Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:49 am

lalib wrote:
leftcoast8 wrote:
I was hoping to see Cathay restart HKG-BKK-KHI and compete with Thai, but I guess that's out of the question anytime soon. Maybe CA or CZ will try it out of PEK/CAN? (CA has a triangle route via Islamabad, but no direct PEK-KHI flights.)

I feel so bad for Hong Kong, I know another Tiananmen is unlikely since there are too many cameras, but PRC can still do a lot of muscle-flexing and damage short of shooting protesters. I live in Vancouver which has a large population of both Hongkongers and Mainlanders so I have more than a few opinions about this matter, but those will have to wait for the Non-Aviation forum.

You never know. CX needs to tap other markets as a result of the slow down they are experiencing coupled with Thai airways that is struggling financially.

In addition to the usual HKG BKK KHI Why not try something different HKG SIN ISB as well.

The only reason TG holds the market from Pakistan to Bangkok is because there is no direct flight alternative

Is there any evidence to suggest that this is profitable? Especially with multiple carriers?
2020: SFO DFW IAH HOU CLT MEX BIS MIA GUA ORD DTW LGA BOS LHR DUB BFS BHD STN OAK PHL ISP JFK SJC DEN SJU LAS TXL GDL

Arion640

Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:26 am

UPlog wrote:
Its going to be bad for quite some time the way things are looking in HK, and CX will certainly have to consider additional cuts and cost savings at this rate.

Swire group should have enough money coming from elsewhere to keep them going if worst comes to worst. They aren’t your typical stand alone airline.

lalib

Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:50 am

Arion640 wrote:
UPlog wrote:
Its going to be bad for quite some time the way things are looking in HK, and CX will certainly have to consider additional cuts and cost savings at this rate.

Swire group should have enough money coming from elsewhere to keep them going if worst comes to worst. They aren’t your typical stand alone airline.

(Sorry Mods need to touch upon a little bit of politics here to illustrate that its not all about tourism and business getting back to normal)

I am currently living in HK.

The tactics of the protesters has become specific recently. For example certain F&B businesses have been boycotted here since the owners of the conglomerates were outspoken against the Protesters. These businesses are now suffering. We are talking about less than 10 customers (tourists probably) for one of their branches at their busiest times

CX is in the same league for what they did earlier on when they sacked FA's, Pilots, and CEO

CHRISBA35X

Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:51 am

BlatantEcho wrote:
^^^
Interesting. Have two trips to Hong Kong coming up for tourism/fun.

Haven’t had a single concern or thought once about not going. It’s interesting what scares people these days - or, perhaps, let’s them justify their own fears.
Love the city and the food, can’t wait to go back.

Exactly my view as well. If i see a demonstartion, i'm walking away. Its not difficult. No reason not to visit such a great city. I love HKG.

Flyingsottsman

Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:57 am

LAX772LR wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
HKG airport published its September figures. Pretty brutal results

TPE and SIN have got to be jumping for joy at all of this :(

I don't think TPE would be jumping up and down they have lived with China's threat over them for decades.

lalib

Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:58 am

Antarius wrote:
lalib wrote:
leftcoast8 wrote:
I was hoping to see Cathay restart HKG-BKK-KHI and compete with Thai, but I guess that's out of the question anytime soon. Maybe CA or CZ will try it out of PEK/CAN? (CA has a triangle route via Islamabad, but no direct PEK-KHI flights.)

I feel so bad for Hong Kong, I know another Tiananmen is unlikely since there are too many cameras, but PRC can still do a lot of muscle-flexing and damage short of shooting protesters. I live in Vancouver which has a large population of both Hongkongers and Mainlanders so I have more than a few opinions about this matter, but those will have to wait for the Non-Aviation forum.

You never know. CX needs to tap other markets as a result of the slow down they are experiencing coupled with Thai airways that is struggling financially.

In addition to the usual HKG BKK KHI Why not try something different HKG SIN ISB as well.

The only reason TG holds the market from Pakistan to Bangkok is because there is no direct flight alternative

Is there any evidence to suggest that this is profitable? Especially with multiple carriers?

I have no evidence or data to support profitability of CX returning to Pakistan. But there is demand out of Pakistan to the Far East and currently TG is all over it. My suggestion was that CX is better placed to gain from this route since they offer better connections to AUS, US West Coast and China. CX operated KHI for a number of years with 5x A330. Due to the attack on the cargo terminal they pulled out.

zeke

Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:34 pm

PW100 wrote:
As a tourist it was great: both flight legs my wife and I enjoyed the empty seat in the 3-3-3 A350. And no waiting line for the Peak Tram!

Where were you travelling from ?

The flights I have been operating have been very full thanks to the golden week and end of school holidays.
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News

longhauler

Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:03 pm

zeke wrote:
The flights I have been operating have been very full thanks to the golden week and end of school holidays.

I have noticed the same thing. Out of curiosity, I have checked the loads of the only two HKG flights we operate ... YYZ-HKG with the 300 seat Triple and YVR-HKG with the 450 seat Triple. Passenger loads have been solid with the premium cabins almost always full and Economy within 5-10 percent of being full.

I noticed the other day, that one of the 450 seat flights was 30 oversold!

It would appear therefore, that AC and moreso CX are managing capacity to demand. Of course CX will weather this downturn. Looking over the past few decades, they have done just that ... and they are still here!
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!

mercure1

Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:59 pm

According to GDS, Air Canada reducing YVR-HKG to as little as 4x weekly effective Nov 12th with some day of week cancellations through January 8th, when flight downgauges from 77W to 77L. Also 789 shown as equipment from March 29 onwards.
mercure f-wtcc

longhauler

Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:31 pm

mercure1 wrote:
According to GDS, Air Canada reducing YVR-HKG to as little as 4x weekly effective Nov 12th with some day of week cancellations through January 8th, when flight downgauges from 77W to 77L. Also 789 shown as equipment from March 29 onwards.

That is correct and would be an example of matching capacity to demand.

I notice that YYZ-HKG appears less affected than YVR-HKG. Likely because as much as a third of the YYZ flight’s passengers are connecting to the US and South America. Whereas far fewer connect to the YVR flight.
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!

LAXintl
Topic Author

Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:35 am

CX reported September traffic figures. Total pax down 7.1%. Inbound traffic to Hong Kong was down 38% !

Carrier termed the situation as “incredibly challenging”

“We continue to see a significant shortfall in inbound bookings for the remainder of 2019 as compared to the same snapshot last year,” Cathay Chief Customer and Commercial Officer Ronald Lam said in a statement on Friday

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/18/cathay- ... -bite.html
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

janders

Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:55 pm

LAXintl wrote:
Inbound traffic to Hong Kong was down 38% !

:eek:

Yikes!

Not sure how long any destination can support such ongoing decline.

Seems CX is trying hard to backfill with transfer traffic, but the yields must be so-so.
"We make war that we may live in peace." -- Aristotle

mercure1

Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:28 pm

Some financial news

Cathay Pacific (Hong Kong) has shelved plans for its first US dollar debt deal in 23 years, after global investors had balked at the pricing due to civil unrest in Hong Kong.
www.aviator.aero
mercure f-wtcc

n92r03

Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:27 pm

Scheduled to fly UA to HKG in a couple weeks and have been noting the loads on UA179/UA180 each day. Some days were 35%, others 50% and a few were 90%. Love HKG but with MTR not operating fully and pop up disruptions, not sure if will postpone trip. If was just me I'd go but have elderly people involved so have to think of them. Also, checking option if were to postpone until March and flights then are less than $600 RT (from TPA), cheaper than going to NYC in mid December for a long weekend. Unreal.

longtin23

Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:32 am

Despite the overall number of tourist dropped (probably because larger numbers of Chinese did not travel to HKG anymore, and tourist diversity is a problem here - too skewed to Chinese), CX has put too much focus on the China-HKG-rest of the world too much. This market probably makes the management thinks they don’t need to promote on other markets including transit via HKG, such as Australia-Europe/Canada or SEA-Japan.

Furthermore, CX is suffering from both HKGers boycott and Chinese boycott. The fact that CX has knees down to the Chinese government by firing those air/ground crew who do protests outside their shift or even just voice out opinion on personal social media. Chinese boycott because it’s a colonial-Hong Kong brand and has not done enough to be patriotic to PRC.

In fact, we do believe Chinese government wish to uproot CX for CA/other chinese carrier to take the market share at HKG.

mercure1

Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:24 pm

CX issues another profit warning. Says second half of 2019 to be ‘significantly lower’ than the first.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/tra ... -over-hong

The airline said its advanced bookings “continue to show weakness in both inbound and outbound travel”. Demand for business-class travel, one of the group’s most profitable segments, was also sluggish, posting a “double-digit” drop in October, which is generally a peak month for corporate travel.
mercure f-wtcc

J343

Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:40 pm

I have just flown with CX to DPS from LHR a few weeks ago.
CX252 - only a few seats vacant
CX784 - full
CX785 - only a few seats vacant
CX255 - full

planewasted

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:13 pm

At my company we are not allowed to travel to or via Hong Kong anymore. Exceptions need written management approval. Also, there has been reports of confiscated laptops. So laptops and mobile phones must now be completely cleared of company information before entering China.

huaiwei

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:23 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
HKG airport published its September figures. Pretty brutal results

TPE and SIN have got to be jumping for joy at all of this :(

Nah. The busiest route via HKG is TPE-HKG, with most transiting on to other destinations especially China. If HKG falls, it is likely TPE is also seeing less traffic going out.

And it is not as if the Taiwanese are going to travel to China or Europe via SIN. :D

Anyway now is a marvellous time to visit HK! This reminds me of the post-2014 protest period, where I could visit Victoria Peak without getting molested by selfie sticks and shoving mainlanders and have so much space to myself to roam around!
It's huaiwei...not huawei. I have nothing to do with the PRC! :)

LAXintl
Topic Author

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:55 pm

As part of investor update, they announced will delay delivery of 4 Airbus frames and speed up retirements. 2020 fleet plan will have 6 fewer aircraft than originally anticipated.

No plans to ground aircraft or offer unpaid staff leave yet.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/hon ... new-airbus

wedgetail737

Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:38 pm

I'm waiting for CX to suspend SEA because of their reductions, since it's the newest US destination.

YYZORD

Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:45 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
I'm waiting for CX to suspend SEA because of their reductions, since it's the newest US destination.

They won't suspend SEA with them already flying 2x daily to YVR

clrd4t8koff

Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:46 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:

SEA & IAD are the two I think most at risk. I've ready many times that IAD has struggled. Now with SQ in SEA I just can't see how CX makes SEA work when DL couldn't.

ba319-131

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:44 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

SEA & IAD are the two I think most at risk. I've ready many times that IAD has struggled. Now with SQ in SEA I just can't see how CX makes SEA work when DL couldn't.

- Quite a few A350-1000 operating flights on that route to IAD, we have no proof the route is struggling
111 732 733 734 735 736 73G 738 739,7M8 BBJ 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 764 772 77L 773 77W L15 D10 D30 D40 AB3 AB6 312 313 318 319 320 20N 321 21N 332 333 342 343 345 346 359 351 388 CS1 CS3 I86 154 SSJ CRJ CR7 CR9 CRK 145 170 175 220

jfklganyc

Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:28 pm

Man did Delta luck out pulling out when they did!

CX is in a pickle. This will be worse than SARS was for them. There is simply no quick resolution ... short of a bad resolution... for hong kong

lightsaber

Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:33 pm

ba319-131 wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

- Quite a few A350-1000 operating flights on that route to IAD, we have no proof the route is struggling

Hong Kong in general has an issue. No route is at the yield of pre-June judging by the economic impact. All newer routes are in trouble. I expect CX to differ deliveries and return leased aircraft.

Lightsaber
Winter is coming.

TWA772LR

Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:33 pm

Anecdotal, but my HKG-DUB flight on 2Nov was pretty full, only a handful of open seats and me and a couple other nonrevs got on. By the way, I'm not a fan of the lower back contours on CX's A350s and ssome older JQ A320's, they make it hard to find good sleep positions, and are uncomfortable unless you sit straight up.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

lightsaber

Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:35 pm

I just saw CX is differing deliveries before previously posting. Wise. This won't end soon.

planewasted wrote:
At my company we are not allowed to travel to or via Hong Kong anymore. Exceptions need written management approval. Also, there has been reports of confiscated laptops. So laptops and mobile phones must now be completely cleared of company information before entering China.

If confiscation of laptops/phones is true, or even believed, that will cut business tp/from China. Companies must protect IP.

Lightsaber
Winter is coming.

zeke

Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:48 pm

lightsaber wrote:
I just saw CX is differing deliveries before previously posting. Wise. This won't end soon.

We have actually just accelerated A350 deliveries, taken a few earlier than planned. This has allowed us some breathing room to do upgrades on the existing fleet. We have the highest daily utilisation on the A350.

Sure your not thinking of Hing Kong airlines ?

lightsaber wrote:
If confiscation of laptops/phones is true, or even believed, that will cut business tp/from China. Companies must protect IP.

Not aware of anyone getting laptops or phones checked inbound or transiting HKG.

Mainland China is a different matter, hear of people’s social media being checked however that has not changed in years. It is not new.
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News

LAXintl
Topic Author

Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:00 am

jfklganyc wrote:
This will be worse than SARS was for them. There is simply no quick resolution ... short of a bad resolution... for hong kong

SARS was specifically mentioned on the investor event, and the company said SARS experience was worse. SARS was a broader regional and even global event while this is a localized issue.

Today the company has the ability to refocus on transfer customers to offset local passenger drop. Yes ongoing discounting will cut yields, but they still have the ability to fill planes which was not the case during SARS when broader medical concern (and its hysteria) drove overall demand down.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:49 am

Some random notes from investor event:

o Increased focus on transfer customers to offset local decline. Offer more promo, etc

o With already announced flight reductions seeing good savings, but largely retaining revenue as customers accommodated on other services.

o Customer mix during this turmoil
- HKG Outbound: 25-30%
- HKG Inbound: 15-20%
- Transit: 45% (working towards 50%)

o Advance inbound December bookings have "worsened", but outbound while down, more stable.

o Top 3 markets for CX based on revenue:
1) Hong Kong
2) China
3) USA
China used to be 10%+, now below 10. Experienced big drop last 3 months.

o Delaying delivery of 4 Airbus aircraft and speed up retirements. 2020 fleet plan will have 6 fewer frames than originally anticipated.

o No plans to ground aircraft or offer unpaid staff leave yet. But prolonged impact could mean groundings and further route cuts.

SEPilot

Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:53 am

As a family traveler who goes from JFK to MNL as often as I can afford (working toward, but not yet at, once a year) I have flown CX and liked it very much. But since I usually book well in advance and am traveling with my wife, young daughter, and next time with my mother-in-law, I do not want to take any unnecessary risks. And with the many choices available I consider flying through HKG at this point an unacceptable risk. Not to our safety, really, but to unexpected delay. The thing is when we get to MNL we then have to fly MNL-DPL, which is usually booked solid a couple of weeks in advance. If we miss our flight we could be stuck in MNL for a week or two, which is highly unattractive. And while I liked our experience flying CX I did not like it well enough to take that risk, especially considering the wide variety of options available. And I am sure I am not alone. I feel bad for CX and their staff, which I found superb, but that is not enough for me to risk it. My latest trip (from which I have not yet returned) was on KE, which I also found excellent. I have also flown BR and DL; BR I would happily fly again, DL if they are the cheapest. So until it looks like long term stability has returned to Hong Kong it is off my list of acceptable stopovers.
The problem with making things foolproof is that fools are so doggone ingenious...Dan Keebler

mercure1

Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:39 pm

LAXintl wrote:
Some random notes from investor event:

o Increased focus on transfer customers to offset local decline. Offer more promo, etc

o With already announced flight reductions seeing good savings, but largely retaining revenue as customers accommodated on other services.

o Customer mix during this turmoil
- HKG Outbound: 25-30%
- HKG Inbound: 15-20%
- Transit: 45% (working towards 50%)

o Advance inbound December bookings have "worsened", but outbound while down, more stable.

o Top 3 markets for CX based on revenue:
1) Hong Kong
2) China
3) USA
China used to be 10%+, now below 10. Experienced big drop last 3 months.

o Delaying delivery of 4 Airbus aircraft and speed up retirements. 2020 fleet plan will have 6 fewer frames than originally anticipated.

o No plans to ground aircraft or offer unpaid staff leave yet. But prolonged impact could mean groundings and further route cuts.

Thank you for the notes.

It seems like CX is doing OK juggling a bad situation. The danger is if things escalate further (or directly impact airport) or the ongoing violence sets in for a prolonged period then things will truly get dicey at CX.
mercure f-wtcc

LAXintl
Topic Author

Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:48 am

CX cuts 2020 capacity. Instead of growing 3.1 percent will shink 1.4percent next year.

https://www.reuters.com/article/cathay- ... SL4N289217

mercure1

Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:44 pm

Surprised cut only ~5% for 2020.
mercure f-wtcc

JamesCousins

Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:59 pm

BlatantEcho wrote:
^^^
Interesting. Have two trips to Hong Kong coming up for tourism/fun.

Haven’t had a single concern or thought once about not going. It’s interesting what scares people these days - or, perhaps, let’s them justify their own fears.
Love the city and the food, can’t wait to go back.

I'm travelling to Taipei in the Summer, and the party I'm with have chosen to have a few days layover in Bangkok instead of HKG - that's the reality of this.
Q400, A320-200, A321-200, 737-500, 737-800, 747-400, 757-200, 787-9 // FCA, TOM, TUI, MON, MT, BA, VS, DL, BE, X9, OLY // Upcoming: W6 A320, W6 A321, EVA 77W, VS 787-9m AS A320, VS A35K, KLM E190, KLM 738, LS 737

zeke

Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:11 pm

Lufthansa wrote:
CX has had profit margin challenges over the last few years, in part due to mainland Chinese carriers competing.

The word competition would suggest some form of level playing field, the mainland Chinese airlines are state subsidized and going by a recent thread on here made a loss in the order of US$3.1 billion in the past year just on their international services.

viewtopic.php?t=1434035

Any guess what the loss would be including the domestic services ?

I must admit the mainland airlines seem to have the amazing ability to read things before they happen, it appears they managed to increase capacity in SZN and CAN before the events unfolded in HKG 6 months ago.

Who has benefited from this ?

Speedalive

Cathay Pacific to Cut First Class at ORD

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:17 pm

Cathay will be replacing the B77W on the HKG-ORD route with the A35K between June 1 and October 24, 2020. This will mean more seats, but also the removal of first class from the route. Looks doubtful that this will last for just the summer. Do you think there are any other routes at risk of loosing first class in the CX Network?

https://onemileatatime.com/cathay-pacific-chicago-a350/

MoKa777

Re: Cathay Pacific to Cut First Class at ORD

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:29 pm

Yep, will be interesting to know which routes can actually sustain F.
Never be proud. Always be grateful.

patrickw421

Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:33 pm

One thing in mind though, they have planned to return a few (I think 5?) 77W with F after the lease ends even before the whole protest happened. So even if the last 6 months didn't occur, there are a few routes going to have their F class gone anyway, until at least when 777X join the fleet, if there will be as many F routes as before which I doubt.

Scotron12

Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:24 am

Speedalive wrote:
Cathay will be replacing the B77W on the HKG-ORD route with the A35K between June 1 and October 24, 2020. This will mean more seats, but also the removal of first class from the route. Looks doubtful that this will last for just the summer. Do you think there are any other routes at risk of loosing first class in the CX Network?

https://onemileatatime.com/cathay-pacific-chicago-a350/

Reduction on HKG-JFK from 18 F to 6 F. Replacing 2x 773s with A359s from Oct 25.

LBA1432

Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:11 pm

BravoOne wrote:
I think this might be an ideal time to visit HKG what with the crowds being minimal in many places. Friends tell me you can easily avoid most of the hot spot with minimal effort.

I went to Hong Kong for a few days in December as a stopover between the UK and Australia and had an amazing time. Sadly the media portrayal is putting people off and it shows with reduced visitor numbers and capacity, even though you can easily avoid any unrest as a traveller.

User001

Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:27 pm

UK seeing some small cuts too.

LGW goes to 5 weekly for most of may.

MAN goes 6 weekly for May but does see the larger A350-1000 used

LHR goes from 35 to 28/29 weekly for May too.

sibibom

Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:37 pm

Where are all the B777-300ERs especially the ones with First going?

When is Cathay due to get B777X, any more soft demand, especially in higher classes, and I wouldn't surprised if Cathay moved the deliveries further down the line.

How many more A350s are due? They may delay those too if they could.

edealinfo

Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:49 pm

Was in Hong Kong 1 week ago. No sign of trouble or protests. MRT was fine. Best decision going to HKG . No lines at Disney HKG and no no crowds at HKG.

Just beware of restaurants that only have bills in Chinese. They cheat because they know you can’t read—-Thieves taking advantage of tourists. They think it’s their right to take advantage of ignorant foreigners who can’t ready their Chinese script.

edealinfo

Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:52 pm

Maybe they should cut down their Cathay Dragon flights as it is a disgrace to their Cathay Pacific standards

Kent350787

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:31 pm

MoKa777 wrote:
Yep, will be interesting to know which routes can actually sustain F.

I still find it interesting that the single BOS flight is 4-class.

Flew the week before Christmas and, as you’d expect, Y and PE were full, J only around 50%. Return flights tonight, and J appears only half full again.
S340/J31/146-300/F27/F50/Nord 262/Q100/200/E195/733/734/738/744/762/763/77W/788/789/320/321/332/333/345/359

LAX772LR

Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:34 am

edealinfo wrote:
Maybe they should cut down their Cathay Dragon flights as it is a disgrace to their Cathay Pacific standards

Even if there was some substance to this statement (have you ever even ridden Cathay Dragon?), CX would have a lot more important things to worry about at this point....
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos