Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

flyfresno

Re: AA CLT growth

Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:25 pm

AirFiero wrote:
flyfresno wrote:
chepos wrote:

It was SJC, and no ABQ is no longer served.

I feel like I was just in SJC and there was a CLT redeye. How long ago did that end?

I think it was last fall?

Ahhh ok. I was assuming that ABQ and SJC still had service. Does SMF still have 2X in the summer? I guess AA’s west coast to CLT service isn’t quite as robust as I originally thought.

Chuska

Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:49 pm

ABQ could definitely support a CLT flight. US Airways did a red-eye during the summer of 2015, after four years it should be given another chance.

usairways85

Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:22 pm

I thought Vasu hinted at Spain, Italy, and Germany as possible future TA destinations for CLT, especially with the XLR.

flyfresno

Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:26 pm

Chuska wrote:
ABQ could definitely support a CLT flight. US Airways did a red-eye during the summer of 2015, after four years it should be given another chance.

I wonder how many of these sorts of routes would suddenly make sense if AA had something like the A220?

chepos

Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:30 pm

usairways85 wrote:
I thought Vasu hinted at Spain, Italy, and Germany as possible future TA destinations for CLT, especially with the XLR.

What additional cities in Spain and Italy could be realistically added with that aircraft out of CLT? I mean BCN and MAD are already served, maybe MAD year round?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

kavok

Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:53 pm

AlexBrewster03 wrote:
I know there is a pretty big difference between the strengths of ATL vs CLT, but I’ve always wondered why AA cant sustain more international routes, especially year-round... I know very little about CLT so id love some answers

CLT is the poster child example of an airport that benefits from great geography. Simply put, CLTs great geographic location allows it to have much more US domestic & Caribbean/Mexico service than the local market could otherwise support, and which is why connecting pax make up a bigger percentage of the traffic relative to almost any other US hub.

So tons of connections, and relatively low O-D means the hub is built to serve people from elsewhere. And that geography works great for US domestic and Caribbean bound flights. But the double edge sword is that same geography is also not great for TATL and TPAC routes. So long story short, CLT is a smaller market O-D wise, and not geographically well suited for connecting pax on TATL or TPAC routes. Hence the limited number of international destinations outside the Caribbean.
Last edited by kavok on Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OlympicATH

Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:53 pm

sargester wrote:
AA as of right now is pretty limited is correct for international expansion until they get more gates to work with, CLT-ATH comes to mind in potential new seasonal routes, year-round ones would be like CLT-AMS and ZRH

I don’t think CLT-ATH would come before JFK-ATH.
I also think DL resuming ATL-ATH is more likely.

WPvsMW

Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:14 pm

DL's nonstoip ATL/HNL is always full, and premium priced. AA needs to start a daily CTL/HNL nonstop. The feed is there, esp. w/ AA pricing (AA is often more than $1K less than DL on a one-stop HNL to E. Coast in discounted F). If AA doesn't start it, HA "will", à la HNL/BOS

chepos

Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:32 pm

WPvsMW wrote:
DL's nonstoip ATL/HNL is always full, and premium priced. AA needs to start a daily CTL/HNL nonstop. The feed is there, esp. w/ AA pricing (AA is often more than $1K less than DL on a one-stop HNL to E. Coast in discounted F). If AA doesn't start it, HA "will", à la HNL/BOS

HA is not starting HNL-CLT, there is a bunch of markets HA would start before CLT.

Fly the Flag!!!!

WPvsMW

Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:36 pm

"will" was in quotes. a.nut protective punctuation. :)

BTW, what markets will HA start before CLT?

grbauc

Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:28 pm

ncflyer wrote:
Can’t CLT simply grow by adding more banks— not necessarily new destinations? This is one way ATL school CLT they run more flights to many of the cities mentioned.

I think AA needs to double down and add a new terminal/wing Charlotte before they can start adding banks. I think that’s where the real growth is for CLT
I know they wanna keep their costs in Charlotte Down CLT is a gem they really need to invest in it to keep it that way. CLT was my favorite connection hub during the US HP days.

sargester

Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:41 pm

OlympicATH wrote:
sargester wrote:
AA as of right now is pretty limited is correct for international expansion until they get more gates to work with, CLT-ATH comes to mind in potential new seasonal routes, year-round ones would be like CLT-AMS and ZRH

I don’t think CLT-ATH would come before JFK-ATH.
I also think DL resuming ATL-ATH is more likely.

They already have philly and ORD which counts for about the same amount of traffic as JFK, CLT ATH would be good for connections only of course, just like ATL ATH

MIflyer12

Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:22 pm

WPvsMW wrote:
"will" was in quotes. a.nut protective punctuation. :)

BTW, what markets will HA start before CLT?

OT, But I would guess Denver, Dallas and Chicago all before CLT. They're all dominated hub markets but they're also closer to the West Coast (meaning overflying fewer hubs than CLT) and much larger than CLT in O&D traffic. There just aren't that many cities in the Eastern Time Zone that see year-round non-stops to Hawaii. CLT just isn't in the same league as NYC, WAS, BOS and ATL for O&D.

How many origin airports for which CLT is a logical connection to Hawaii don't already have AA service to ORD or DFW?
Last edited by MIflyer12 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MIflyer12

Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:23 pm

duplicate after database error

BA744PHX

Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:05 am

WPvsMW wrote:

*needs & *will = not likely

Also US Airways ran CLT-HNL back in 2009-2010ish, this route frequently stopped in PHX for refueling I believe.

smflyer

Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:36 am

flyfresno wrote:
AirFiero wrote:
flyfresno wrote:

I feel like I was just in SJC and there was a CLT redeye. How long ago did that end?

I think it was last fall?

Ahhh ok. I was assuming that ABQ and SJC still had service. Does SMF still have 2X in the summer? I guess AA’s west coast to CLT service isn’t quite as robust as I originally thought.

SMF-CLT has always been 1x daily redeye.

chepos

Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:13 am

BA744PHX wrote:
WPvsMW wrote:

*needs & *will = not likely

Also US Airways ran CLT-HNL back in 2009-2010ish, this route frequently stopped in PHX for refueling I believe.

Yes, the 762 struggled on the route to say the least. The 332 could be used today but it would be too much aircraft, and I an not sure it is worth bringing the 788 to CLT just for HNL.

Fly the Flag!!!!

Dominion301

Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:34 am

uconn99 wrote:
American 767 wrote:
I think that they can still consider adding a few more underserved markets in the North East and South East, in the North East markets such as ALB, SYR, ROC, BUF, SWF, BDL and MDT, and in the South East markets such as SAV, HHH, MLB, ...look at what small markets on the East Coast that they are still not serving nonstop from CLT. And yes more small markets on the Midwest could be added, TVC and GRR for example. All of the markets I mention would be served by American Eagle, Envoy for example, with CR9 and E170 equipment. And that will provide additional feed on flights to major markets on the West Coast and Europe.

As already mentioned, AA serves most of the cities well outside of SWF who has no service to CLT. There could be some added frequencies (ALB, SYR, ROC, BUF, PVD) and some mainline upgrades (GRR, SAV, ROC, MDT) but for the most part all of the cities listed are well connected to CLT. How many banks does AA run out of CLT?

SYR-CLT- 4x daily (2x 738, 1x 320, 1x CR7)
ROC-CLT- 4x daily (4x CR9)
BUF-CLT- 3x daily (319/320)

It's amazing the effects to ULCC boom are having at SYR. SYR's the smallest city out of the 3, yet has the most capacity to CLT.

As for new CLT cities, I sure wish AA would bring back US' former YOW-CLT route. AA could easily add more transborder capacity to CLT without having to worry about international gates.

usflyer msp

Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:37 am

grbauc wrote:
ncflyer wrote:
Can’t CLT simply grow by adding more banks— not necessarily new destinations? This is one way ATL school CLT they run more flights to many of the cities mentioned.

I think AA needs to double down and add a new terminal/wing Charlotte before they can start adding banks. I think that’s where the real growth is for CLT
I know they wanna keep their costs in Charlotte Down CLT is a gem they really need to invest in it to keep it that way. CLT was my favorite connection hub during the US HP days.

How are they going to add more banks in CLT? They already have 9.

FX1816

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:01 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
flyfresno wrote:
I know this sounds crazy at first, but hear me out: FAT.

No, it's crazy on the 2nd and 3rd thought, too. When ATL-ONT has struggled over the years something like CLT-FAT has no chance. Be happy with the DFW frequencies. You wouldn't just be overflying DFW, CLT has less than half the O&D traffic of DFW.

ATL-ONT has struggled over the years? Yeah 23 years, 1985-2008 was quite a struggle. In fact since restarting in April it is struggling so much that they are going from 2 to 3 daily flights early next year but yes continue to spread that fallacy. CLT-FAT compared to ONT-ATL is apples to oranges.

SyracuseAvGeek

Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:58 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
uconn99 wrote:
American 767 wrote:
I think that they can still consider adding a few more underserved markets in the North East and South East, in the North East markets such as ALB, SYR, ROC, BUF, SWF, BDL and MDT, and in the South East markets such as SAV, HHH, MLB, ...look at what small markets on the East Coast that they are still not serving nonstop from CLT. And yes more small markets on the Midwest could be added, TVC and GRR for example. All of the markets I mention would be served by American Eagle, Envoy for example, with CR9 and E170 equipment. And that will provide additional feed on flights to major markets on the West Coast and Europe.

As already mentioned, AA serves most of the cities well outside of SWF who has no service to CLT. There could be some added frequencies (ALB, SYR, ROC, BUF, PVD) and some mainline upgrades (GRR, SAV, ROC, MDT) but for the most part all of the cities listed are well connected to CLT. How many banks does AA run out of CLT?

It's amazing the effects to ULCC boom are having at SYR. SYR's the smallest city out of the 3, yet has the most capacity to CLT.

As for new CLT cities, I sure wish AA would bring back US' former YOW-CLT route. AA could easily add more transborder capacity to CLT without having to worry about international gates.

One reason they had so much capacity on the SYR route in the first place is because SYR was a hub/focus city for them (Through Piedmont) in the late 1990’s and 2000’s. SYR had a US Airways club up until about 2005. I know that was a while ago, but the airline has a history in Syracuse
"I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list."

adamanbermuda

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:20 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
uconn99 wrote:
American 767 wrote:

Let alone the fact that HNL is pretty well served by AA already. AA is funneling southeast traffic through DFW/PHX/LAX depending on the origin city. Markets like CAE, CHS, VPS, RSW, JAX, ORF etc. with CLT geographically on the way to Hawaii already have direct service to DFW. There are so few markets in the southeast that are only see service to CLT that AA wouldn't able to fill a 332/333 and as said above AA won't bring 788 to CLT just to serve HNL. Only cities (towns more appropriate term) that currently aren't served to DFW are FAY, PGV, OAJ, EWN, DAB. Even with those all but PGV have ATL on DL as a 1 stop option.

Simple maths

cporcelli78

Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:25 pm

CLT-ISP is desperately needed!!!

grbauc

Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:45 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
grbauc wrote:
ncflyer wrote:

Is 9 the limit? Maybe a red eye bank. I miss the LAS redeye bank.
I’d love to know more about this subject. Does anyone know good resources on how airline hubs work banked rolling etc...

JohanTally

Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:08 am

9 banks is about the maximum while maintaining two shifts for employees. Going beyond 9 banks would require a fully staffed 3rd shift which might make sense but has yet to happen. They have added an extra bank on select nights around certain holidays and they extend pm employees shifts which puts them into overtime. 11/22 11/26 11/27 11/30 12/1 are the next days that have a 10th bank

Phoenix757767

Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:34 am

There are more than two shifts in CLT.

JohanTally

Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:59 am

Phoenix757767 wrote:

Yes obviously there are more than 2 shifts in CLT but a vast majority of AA/EN Gate/Ramp full-time Employees work roughly 0600-1430 or 1430-2300 and almost all of their part-time employees work somewhere between 0600 and 2300. I'm not saying it wouldn't work but it would require a substantial 3rd shift work group from a logistics standpoint. Also currently there are no airport concessions open after about 2200. I work in CLT and would love to see the operation continue to expand. Hopefully the CLT Airport Master Plan comes to fruition.

usflyer msp

Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:00 am

grbauc wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
grbauc wrote:

Is 9 the limit? Maybe a red eye bank. I miss the LAS redeye bank.
I’d love to know more about this subject. Does anyone know good resources on how airline hubs work banked rolling etc...

I would argue that once you grow past 6 banks you are essentially the same as a rolling hub. You basically have flights departing and arriving every other hour (sometimes less depending on how the banks are designed) from 5 am to 10 pm.

MGC1191

Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:49 am

JohanTally wrote:
Phoenix757767 wrote:

Yes obviously there are more than 2 shifts in CLT but a vast majority of AA/EN Gate/Ramp full-time Employees work roughly 0600-1430 or 1430-2300 and almost all of their part-time employees work somewhere between 0600 and 2300. I'm not saying it wouldn't work but it would require a substantial 3rd shift work group from a logistics standpoint. Also currently there are no airport concessions open after about 2200. I work in CLT and would love to see the operation continue to expand. Hopefully the CLT Airport Master Plan comes to fruition.

Thank you for spelling this out. I’m currently on the employee bus heading in to work and I was trying to wake up my brain enough to say this. We don’t need a daily 10th bank.
My words are my own and do not reflect my employer in any way, shape, or form.

CIDFlyer

Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:43 pm

FSDan wrote:
There's plenty of growth that could be achieved through upgauging. Lots of large RJs in CLT that could be upgauged to mainline.

Regarding domestic additions, CLT seems to do best with destinations east of the Rockies - various western destinations such as SJC and TUS have struggled when tried. Destinations like ICT, FSD, GRB, MLI, BMI, SCE, SWF, or ISP might be worth trying.

On the international front, Vasu Raja was pretty clear in a recent "Tell Me Why" that CLT is more or less maxed out on usage of the widebody gates. The 321XLR could open up some incremental growth (maybe CLT-MAN or CLT-AMS as summer seasonal, or CLT-MAD/CDG to year-round routes), but CLT is already very well served in the transatlantic market considering the size and location of the metro area.

the midwest destinations are a possibility for sure, CLT really seems to do well with midwest/heartland markets (CID is going up to 3 flights in December for example). I could see mainline upgrades from Eagle to OMA and maybe DSM.

Columbia MO is market I could see being added to CLT, as well as Springfield IL and Bloomington IL. I also think SWF and ISP noted above would be good adds also.

I believe AA is supposed to gain more gates on concourse A, 4 i think, and its been said that those gates would free up some gates on D that are currently handling domestic flights for some more international flights.

CLT is really a cool bustling hub! worlds 3rd largest airline hub to be exact, behind ATL/DL and DFW/AA. a pretty impressive feat!

FSDan

Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:48 pm

CIDFlyer wrote:
CLT is really a cool bustling hub! worlds 3rd largest airline hub to be exact, behind ATL/DL and DFW/AA. a pretty impressive feat!

3rd largest by departures, at least. Is AA at CLT bigger than UA at ORD by daily seats?
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

grbauc

Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:19 am

FSDan wrote:
CIDFlyer wrote:

3rd largest by departures, at least. Is AA at CLT bigger than UA at ORD by daily seats?

I would think so by a mile. I have no clue and will be interested to know also. I'm old enough to know not to trust my preconceptions. I'd still bet AA CLT well see..

washingtonflyer

Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:52 am

ATLFlyer1234 wrote:
On my rare connections through CLT I am reminded of how un-competitive the entire experience is compared to ATL. AA's horrible on-time performance and customer service, tons of walking between gates, heavily banked departures leaving minimal choice of departure time and coverage during delays, some gates still looking like they're from the 90's, lame lounge scene. Since almost anyone connecting here has the choice to do the same itinerary via ATL on DL, they should be doing more to make it an attractive choice for reasons other than price or pre-existing AA status.

Donno. I flew through CLT last Tuesday and the place looks much better. The renos in the B pier are basically done and it looks clean, bright and modern. The Admirals Club in B is pretty spiffy too.

CIDFlyer

Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:32 am

FSDan wrote:
CIDFlyer wrote:

AA has nearly 700 departures at CLT vs UA around 100 less at 600 or so. I'd venture CLT would also have more seats also but would be curious to see.

CIDFlyer

Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:37 am

washingtonflyer wrote:
ATLFlyer1234 wrote:
On my rare connections through CLT I am reminded of how un-competitive the entire experience is compared to ATL. AA's horrible on-time performance and customer service, tons of walking between gates, heavily banked departures leaving minimal choice of departure time and coverage during delays, some gates still looking like they're from the 90's, lame lounge scene. Since almost anyone connecting here has the choice to do the same itinerary via ATL on DL, they should be doing more to make it an attractive choice for reasons other than price or pre-existing AA status.

Donno. I flew through CLT last Tuesday and the place looks much better. The renos in the B pier are basically done and it looks clean, bright and modern. The Admirals Club in B is pretty spiffy too.

B is very nice...C and A are getting makeovers now followed by D and E. The new A is very nice, once AA goes into old A some connecting traffic will probably use concessions in new and old A.

CanadianRedneck

Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:47 am

Hoping that once old A is remodeled, AA moves some domestic routes over to those gates and makes some space in D for 1 or 2 int'l routes. Along with this, I could see some domestic adds in the near future.

airlineworker

Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:49 pm

cporcelli78 wrote:
CLT-ISP is desperately needed!!!

How about a CLT-HVN-ISP-CLT routing? 2-3 dailies should do quite well. At only 35 miles, it should be a quick flight. HVN has a Saturday only CLT-HVN-CLT flight that is well supported.

USAirALB

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:28 pm

CLT seems to really struggle with secondary destinations West of the Rockies.

US/AA tried CLT-TUS twice, once immediately after the HP merger, which lasted roughly a year or so. They brought it back again last year and it lasted a similar duration. Loads were great IIRC, but I think yields were terrible and I'm sure AA is just as happy connecting the traffic flows from TUS over PHX/ORD/DFW.

CLT-ABQ was also tried last year and was supposed to be a seasonal flight, but only lasted one season.

CLT-SJC seems like it would make sense, and lasted two seasons. As someone said above, the second year of the flight the season was longer, and I really thought the flight was going to go year-round, but then AA announced the route was going to be suspended.

CLT-SNA would make sense, and IIRC a couple of years back (around 2012 or so) I heard rumors that US had apparently secured slots for SNA-PHL/CLT and even had a preliminary schedule for the service (both were to use 757s) but nothing ever came of it.

US used to do CLT-EGE with a 757 but it was suspended around 2007/2008 IIRC. They are bringing PHL-EGE back this winter. AA launched CLT-MTJ I think two years ago, but I don't see it loaded in the schedule this coming winter.

The only successful Western-routes launched in the relatively recent past would be SLC/PDX/SMF, all of which fluctuate between once and twice daily flights at different times of the year.

If SJC/ABQ/TUS can't work, ELP/BUR/FAT/ONT are certainly not working.
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744ER, 752, 753, 762, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388

mikejepp

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:32 pm

USAirALB wrote:

US/AA tried CLT-TUS twice, once immediately after the HP merger, which lasted roughly a year or so. They brought it back again last year and it lasted a similar duration. Loads were great IIRC, but I think yields were terrible and I'm sure AA is just as happy connecting the traffic flows from TUS over PHX/ORD/DFW.

CLT-ABQ was also tried last year and was supposed to be a seasonal flight, but only lasted one season.

CLT-SJC seems like it would make sense, and lasted two seasons. As someone said above, the second year of the flight the season was longer, and I really thought the flight was going to go year-round, but then AA announced the route was going to be suspended.

CLT-SNA would make sense, and IIRC a couple of years back (around 2012 or so) I heard rumors that US had apparently secured slots for SNA-PHL/CLT and even had a preliminary schedule for the service (both were to use 757s) but nothing ever came of it.

US used to do CLT-EGE with a 757 but it was suspended around 2007/2008 IIRC. They are bringing PHL-EGE back this winter. AA launched CLT-MTJ I think two years ago, but I don't see it loaded in the schedule this coming winter.

The only successful Western-routes launched in the relatively recent past would be SLC/PDX/SMF, all of which fluctuate between once and twice daily flights at different times of the year.

Though not technically west of the rockies, how about COS?

USAirALB

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:47 pm

mikejepp wrote:
USAirALB wrote:

Though not technically west of the rockies, how about COS?

COS would be interesting because it could be flown with an E175, but I just don’t see it.
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744ER, 752, 753, 762, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388

HardeesBiscuit

Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:26 am

quite a bit of significant future development planned at Charlotte. this shows the ultimate build out from the master plan. I believe I read somewhere else that they will have equal number of gates as Atlanta and DFW once they're done.

http://www.cltairport.com/destination-clt/

JohanTally

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:31 am

This is the 10 year master plan
Last edited by JohanTally on Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohanTally

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:35 am

CLT 10 year master plan

CanadianRedneck

Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:19 am

Wishing that a satellite terminal was in the 10 year vision, but I guess taxiing to E will still be an hour in 2029 lol.

ualcsr

Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:32 pm

I just flew through CLT and used the concourse B Admiral's Club. It's way too small and overcrowded for the amount of passengers it receives. I don't know about the other concourse lounges, but if they're anything like the one in concourse B, AA needs to find a way to the size of the lounges to accommodate the large number of passengers).

JohanTally

Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:56 pm

The satellite terminal is in the 10 year master plan but for the life of me I can't figure out how to share the picture of it. E Concourse moves where the 5/23 crosswind runway currently sits and a 5th parallel runway is constructed east of 18L beyond NC Air National Guard. The setup would drastically improve departures and arrivals ability to taxi past one another. Currently there are multiple bottlenecks where a CRJ landing on 18R might take 45 minutes to reach a gate on E concourse. Not building a two-way taxiway north of the airport was a huge mistake.

Miamiairport

Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:50 pm

ualcsr wrote:
I just flew through CLT and used the concourse B Admiral's Club. It's way too small and overcrowded for the amount of passengers it receives. I don't know about the other concourse lounges, but if they're anything like the one in concourse B, AA needs to find a way to the size of the lounges to accommodate the large number of passengers).

AA needs another lounge at CLT. While C isn't as overcrowded as B it certainly can get packed. B is out of control at times-likely because it's new. IIRC years ago LUS was looking at a lounge in D but that never went anywhere. Also at least one of the lounges should have showers. C certainly looks like it has the capacity to install showers but I think cheap old Doug probably isn't very keen on the idea.

USAirALB

Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:59 pm

LUS used to have a lounge in D years ago. It closed around 2003/2004 and was used as a crew room after. The area where the lounge was located is now the Pinkberry food court area. The lounge wasn’t very large IIRC.

AVLAirlineFreq

Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:53 pm

Given its walking distance from everything else, E needs a lounge, too. But then again, E needs a lot of everything.

ahj2000

Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:49 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
Given its walking distance from everything else, E needs a lounge, too. But then again, E needs a lot of everything.

I would've thought when they were building the D/E connector, AA would've been all over the space. I suppose that American Express beat them to it/paid more. While I imagine that the Centurion club will allow a lot of people to switch over, it seems it's kind of on the wrong side of the airport.
There does have to be some way that AA and CLT can work out a way to get more amenities on E. Lots of people have tight connections on E that really don't allow time to schlep it all the way to the atrium.
-Andrés Juánez

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos