Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Blueknows

Re: Rumor: DL announcing new BOS routes next week.

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:49 pm

SO Btv is competing for flights to BOS with ROC.It’s not a rumor.

https://www.mychamplainvalley.com/news/ ... to-boston/

They have been working on this for over 3 years.

joeljack

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:52 pm

Why not do a seasonal OMA-BOS daily on a E-175? It has no competition and I think that could work vs doing routes with competition. Start it every year on May 1st (To pick up Berkshire in OMA) and end it around October 1st when the weather and appeal of BOS tourism turns south.

Southwest did DSM-MDW for a few years, it had competition and didn't do well. They switched it to DSM-STL and now does pretty good from what I've read. Avoid competition makes money as long as there are enough passengers which there are plenty of passengers seasonally to do OMA-BOS. There are not enough passenger in January-February to do this route. Heck, even MCI-BOS is too thin in the winter!

RetiredNWA

Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:01 pm

Blueknows wrote:

This has nothing to do with the CEO of Delta Air Lines. How is it applicable to this thread? If they have been competing for three years with zero results, there is not much of a competition, is there?

Midwestindy

FSDan wrote:
777Mech wrote:
Where are they getting the frames for this expansion??

There are new 339s arriving, as well two more 359s early next year. The 339s should free up some 763s from SEA to take over 752 long haul routes or to start new services. Also, with NRT-MNL and NRT-SIN ending, that's two more 763 frames theoretically available. Another route from last summer that we know isn't returning is LAX-AMS (333). I believe there will be a few 763s retiring over the winter, but with the new frames coming online there should still be some capacity for expansion.

Another thought is that DL has been starting some of the new routes from the Northeast (e.g. JFK-PDL, BOS-LIS) with 75G/75H frames that are domestic configured aircraft with ETOPS. If DL were to start a route such as BOS-SNN or BOS-MAD, that could be a possibility.

Not sure on 767 retirements, but as you mentioned DL dropping NRT-SIN/MNL, in addition PDX-AMS/HND/LHR are moving to large a/c, plus some east coast routes going to the B764 should free up some B763s for TATL expansion even with accounting for aircraft retirement.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

iyerhari

FSDan wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:
A morning flight out of BOS to LHR?

VS already has that covered. Combined, DL+VS offer three daily on BOS-LHR: one morning and two evening flights.

If the CEO of Massport and Governor Charlie Baker are coming, it implies there are some big round of expansion other than a token set of flights to be added which are already being served. In the BOS thread, Vs4ever has stated that the gates should be fully functional in the next week or so. This also somewhat coincides with DL adds to DCA, ORD, EWR which are all going live on Sep 29. There would be some interesting adds for sure - hopefully enilria OAG thread on Sunday should give us an idea.

KMCOFlyer

Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:03 pm

DL is going to need to get creative with gate space at BOS. As far as I’m aware, DL currently has two wide-body gate on A that don’t require blocking any other gates (A13 and soon A18 whenever it’s ready) and has 4 other widebody gates that require blocking the gate next to it, essentially using 8 gates. With DL’s domestic growth in BOS, I don’t see how this can be sustainable unless DL moves all of its international departures to E.

cokepopper

Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:16 pm

Does anyone know the number of transatlantic flights Delta had this past summer from BOS? From what I’m hearing the number will be 11 for summer of 2020.

BDL757

Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:24 pm

cokepopper wrote:
Does anyone know the number of transatlantic flights Delta had this past summer from BOS? From what I’m hearing the number will be 11 for summer of 2020.

There was 7 (AMS, AMS, CDG, LHR, DUB, LIS, EDI) this summer plus 2 new routes announced for S20 (LGW and MAN). 7+2=9 so going up to 11 next summer coincides with a forthcoming announcement of 2 new routes.

B752OS

Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:27 pm

cokepopper wrote:

I believe it was this for summer 2019:

London Heathrow - 1 daily
Edinburgh - 1 x daily
Dublin - 1 x daily
Paris - 1 x daily
Amsterdam - 2 x daily
Lisbon - 1 x daily

panamair

Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:40 pm

FSDan wrote:
Another thought is that DL has been starting some of the new routes from the Northeast (e.g. JFK-PDL, BOS-LIS) with 75G/75H frames that are domestic configured aircraft with ETOPS.

As an aside, it looks like PDL is not coming back next summer.

WeatherPilot

Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:50 pm

Blueknows wrote:

So if DL is going after ROC that makes me think that They'd go after SYR and MDT too, the only remaining AAEagle routes. This would just leave AA mainline and to be honest I think AA would be ok with this. I doubt AA puts up much of a fight for these routes. Although I remembered reading somewhere that SYR was one of the fastest growing destinations from BOS, so whatever.

FSDan

Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:59 pm

panamair wrote:
FSDan wrote:
Another thought is that DL has been starting some of the new routes from the Northeast (e.g. JFK-PDL, BOS-LIS) with 75G/75H frames that are domestic configured aircraft with ETOPS.

As an aside, it looks like PDL is not coming back next summer.

As in it's not for sale, or it was confirmed by internal sources to be dropped? I wonder if they would just be moving it from JFK to BOS, or dropping it entirely?
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

VS4ever

Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:04 pm

KMCOFlyer wrote:
DL is going to need to get creative with gate space at BOS. As far as I’m aware, DL currently has two wide-body gate on A that don’t require blocking any other gates (A13 and soon A18 whenever it’s ready) and has 4 other widebody gates that require blocking the gate next to it, essentially using 8 gates. With DL’s domestic growth in BOS, I don’t see how this can be sustainable unless DL moves all of its international departures to E.

If they continue to use the 757’s for some of the flights they will be fine. Plus occasionally I believe they also use ‘A6, which is not fun due to space in the holding areas, but it can be done.
Long term if they really build out a major TATL network might have to make some tweaks to make it work, but when I was there yesterday there were flights st the 5pm time frame (while I was waiting for my AMS flight on a 333) that could be switched to other gates to free up space accordingly (LAX and ATLx2 I saw)
DL generally get their aircraft back to Terminal E in the noon-1pm window with the exception of the AMS later flight that comes in closer to 5, given the capacity constraints in E that will continue until the expansion is completed, that earlier window is really the only one available or earlier for their flights to return to E before the evening foreign carrier crush.

To me that combo screams places like BCN, because you can leave from A at 5, get to BCN around 6am, 2 hour turnaround and back in the chosen timeslot. These can be done once 5 more gates are in use and you don’t need to jump through hoops with gate blocking as much because it won’t matter as much.

9 flights already assigned for 2020, and should be more to come. Certainly interesting times for DL at BOS before you add in the further domestic options.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

ScottB

Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:06 pm

KMCOFlyer wrote:

It's not that difficult when you consider usage patterns for DL's gates as well as the times one might expect for transatlantic departures. 757s to relatively nearby European cities can depart in the late evening (think 9 or 10 pm) when demand for gate space is relatively low (the RON aircraft haven't all arrived yet). The A-Satellite gates, if memory serves, can all accommodate 757s without blocking adjacent gates. E is pretty much full at the hours DL would want to operate transatlantic departures so that's not really an option.

Ezra wrote:
with the new gates that DL is taking back in Boston, how many flights per day could they feasibly support?

Terminal A has 21 gates. I'm guessing that gets them close to 200 daily departures if they were aggressive, although IRROPS could be a mess. There are a couple of things I could see DL doing to squeeze out a bit more space. They could do a deal with AC which would see AC move to the former AA gates in the east side of B (where WN relocated) and build a sterile corridor between A11 and B1, gaining access to B1-B3. They could also take a page from AA's late 1990s playbook and reactivate the former Amelia Earhart General Aviation Terminal for RJ flights -- although the bus ride out there would be a major inconvenience.

FSDan

Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:08 pm

KMCOFlyer wrote:

Are you sure it's not 2 standalone widebody gates (767-sized) plus two swing gates that would block 3 narrowbody gates, for a total of 4 widebody gates? Going by Google Maps (which admittedly could be mildly out of date) it looks like if DL were to park 4 widebodies at the satellite concourse, they would still have access to 16 narrowbody gates throughout the rest of Terminal A. In the mornings there are no widebody departures and DL would have access to 21 gates.

Also, note that a good chunk of DL's transatlantic flights from BOS are on 757s, so there hasn't been a huge need for widebody gates thus far.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

AirFiero

Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:18 pm

iflykpdx wrote:
Hoping we'll see a daytime/morning flight for SJC finally.

This would make a lot of sense if DL is serious about making SJC a “focus city”. You’d think they’d at least connect SJC to all of its hubs.

iyerhari

Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:35 pm

VS4ever wrote:
To me that combo screams places like BCN, because you can leave from A at 5, get to BCN around 6am, 2 hour turnaround and back in the chosen timeslot. These can be done once 5 more gates are in use and you don’t need to jump through hoops with gate blocking as much because it won’t matter as much.

9 flights already assigned for 2020, and should be more to come. Certainly interesting times for DL at BOS before you add in the further domestic options.

VS4ever - all the DL seasonal adds - LIS, EDI, have added. DUB is scheduled to end sometime end of Oct. Doesn't that free up the gates that they have - summer maybe different discussion. Most of the recent DL TATL adds flown this year has been seasonal.

chepos

Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:44 pm

If it is true that PDL is getting the axe from JFK? It would make sense to move the flight to BOS, much bigger market out of New England.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

adamh8297

Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:27 pm

chepos wrote:
If it is true that PDL is getting the axe from JFK? It would make sense to move the flight to BOS, much bigger market out of New England.

Its not loaded yet so possibly not coming back.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

MIflyer12

Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:35 pm

chepos wrote:

Bigger market, yes, but also competition from Azores Airlines in BOS that they don't have in NYC. BOS doesn't have the connectivity of JFK, either.

There's no reason that DL shouldn't route some connections thru BOS - they can manage the low fares to preserve BOS O&D with married segment availability if they want - but I don't believe BOS on DL gets anywhere - not anywhere - the fraction of connecting passengers that DL sees thru ATL/DTW/MSP. Nor can they expect to: XXX-BOS to anything but the Canadian Maritimes or TATL requires backtracking.

freakyrat

Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:43 pm

jplatts wrote:
DL adding nonstop service to CLT, DFW, DEN, GRR, IAH, SDF, MSN, MEM, OMA, OKC, PHX, PDX, STL, SAT, and SAN out of BOS might happen as these are some of the top domestic destinations traveled to from Greater Boston that DL doesn't currently serve nonstop from BOS.

I think that DL will likely announce some additional domestic nonstop routes out of BOS in Fall 2019 as DL doesn't currently have nonstop service out of BOS to some of the top destinations traveled to from Greater Boston.

According to DOT data United was connecting a majority of their SBN-EWR passengers to BOS. Service is now seasonal and I do not have the currernt DOT data however just like in the case with GRR, SBN-BOS was a high demand market. Maybe a daily Skywest 50 seat RJ could do.

KMCOFlyer

Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:12 pm

FSDan wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:

Are you sure it's not 2 standalone widebody gates (767-sized) plus two swing gates that would block 3 narrowbody gates, for a total of 4 widebody gates? Going by Google Maps (which admittedly could be mildly out of date) it looks like if DL were to park 4 widebodies at the satellite concourse, they would still have access to 16 narrowbody gates throughout the rest of Terminal A. In the mornings there are no widebody departures and DL would have access to 21 gates.

Also, note that a good chunk of DL's transatlantic flights from BOS are on 757s, so there hasn't been a huge need for widebody gates thus far.

DL can have up to 6 wide-body gates at BOS. Gates A13 and A18 can handle up to a 764 without blocking any other gates. Gates A14 and A16 in the satellite concourse can handle wide-body, but Gate A15 can’t be used. In the main building, Gate A6 and A8 can handle wide bodies, but Gate A5 and A7 must be blocked off. So if DL used all of its widebody gates, there would only be 3 gates blocked off. My original number was a little off as I thought A17 had to be blocked off, but after looking at Google Maps, it appears A17 is okay and DL regularly uses it for narrow bodies during the PM TATL bank.

legend500

Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:14 pm

ScottB wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:
If its attacking B6 I could see CLT DFW PHX and RIC which are arguably the smaller/weaker B6 outposts from BOS that dont have DL competition

I think the most obvious holes right now for DL out of BOS would be CLT and DFW. They could probably be reasonably competitive with 3 daily E170/5 to CLT and 2 daily A220 to DFW (or even E175 to start).

I'd be pretty shocked if DL entered the DFW/DAL-BOS market. AA's already running 6 a day with 4 on 321/757s, B6 is running 2, and WN is running 2. Unless they're gonna do something crazy, like do a BOS-DAL and use the Mockingbird Chick-fil-a for parking, or decide to piss everyone off and make a sack of money with a BOS-ADS/AFW/TKI, I just don't see it happening.

However, SAT... would be an interesting choice. Getting nonstop service to BOS has been a goal for SAT for a long while, it avoids taking anyone on directly, and would be actual news for an SAT which desperately needs some good news.

RobertS975

Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:38 pm

I would love to see a return to daily year round service to RSW, mainline in season and OK to sub an E175 in summer although I suspect even then a smaller mainline plane would do well.

jbpdx

Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:57 pm

Delta PDX-BOS will eliminate JetBlue's pathetic commitment to the route.
^

DeltaMD95

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:08 pm

Any chance BOS-ORD will eventually go from all E175 to a mix with the 717? Ala LGA-ORD
Did you know that a Boeing 717-200 is really a McDonnell Douglas MD95-30? ;-)

DeltaRules

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:14 pm

The Dayton Daily News has, on at least one occasion, said BOS and MIA are at the top of DAY's list and DL would be the only logical airline to start it. Plus, DAY-BOS ran in the past with DL.

Probably not much of a shot, but you never know.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

jplatts

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:24 pm

legend500 wrote:
I'd be pretty shocked if DL entered the DFW/DAL-BOS market. AA's already running 6 a day with 4 on 321/757s, B6 is running 2, and WN is running 2. Unless they're gonna do something crazy, like do a BOS-DAL and use the Mockingbird Chick-fil-a for parking, or decide to piss everyone off and make a sack of money with a BOS-ADS/AFW/TKI, I just don't see it happening.

WN currently only operates 1 daily nonstop to DAL from BOS on Weekdays and Saturdays (plus a 2nd nonstop on Sundays), and WN will be reducing BOS-DAL nonstop service to seasonal starting on January 6th.

There are also some other Airliners.net commentators who have mentioned that DL still has a FF base in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, even though it has been almost 15 years since DL dehubbed DFW.

During the last 3 years, DL has also added many nonstop routes out of BOS that are in competition with B6 such as BOS-AUS/BUF/ORD/CLE/RSW/JAX/LAS/BNA/MSY/PHL/PIT/SFO/SAV/TPA. There is also nonstop competition from WN on BOS-AUS/CHI/BNA and nonstop competition from AA on BOS-ORD/PHL.

DL might be able to make BOS-DFW nonstop service work, even with competition from AA, WN, B6, and NK on BOS-DFW/DAL, with DL having a FF base in both the BOS and DFW markets to support DFW-BOS nonstop service and with DL being able to successfully compete against all 4 of these carriers on other nonstop routes out of BOS.

legend500 wrote:
However, SAT... would be an interesting choice. Getting nonstop service to BOS has been a goal for SAT for a long while, it avoids taking anyone on directly, and would be actual news for an SAT which desperately needs some good news.

I agree that the lack of BOS-SAT nonstop service is a huge hole in both markets, and I agree that DL adding BOS-SAT nonstop service is a possibility with DL still expanding domestically at BOS.

WidebodyPTV

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:47 pm

A few weeks ago, WN vacated Concourse A. DL subsequently began renovating the gates to its standards. Next week, it will add service to ORD, DCA and EWR. A deleted posting mentioned Bastain would be in BOS as part of a media event to christen the new gates (and highlight DL's new service). This is the most likely scenario; DL (at least in recent memory) has not hosted a media event to announce its upcoming transatlantic service.

There is no rumor that DL will announce new service; the OP found out about Bastain's visit and is merely speculating such. Among the (many unfounded) rumors the OP shared: "Rumor has it a 787 or 797 order is imminent ... [this information came] From the CEO himself. He talked about it at an employee event my friend was at yesterday."

aaflyer777

Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:59 pm

If the rumor is true then I think DL will definitely be announcing some new routes. I don't see why Bastian would come all the way to BOS just to announce that DL has 5 more gates now.

WidebodyPTV

Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:22 pm

aaflyer777 wrote:
If the rumor is true then I think DL will definitely be announcing some new routes. I don't see why Bastian would come all the way to BOS just to announce that DL has 5 more gates now.

When's the last time DL sent its CEO to a market to announce new service? It wasn't last month when DL announced new LGW and MAN service, and expanded LHR service, from BOS. Heck, it wasn't even several years ago when it announced the opening of the SEA transpacifc hub! And yet we believe Ed Bastian is headed to BOS to announce BTV, SBN or IND?

Next week, BOS will undergo a significant expansion for DL, with several new markets (including prime business markets ORD, DCA and EWR) and several new added frequencies. Additionally, several employees have reported that the airline will formally introduce its expanded facilities. If Bastian is indeed coming to BOS, I doubt this is a coincidence.

Let's also point out that when CEOs make these types of appearances -- regardless of whether it's to introduce new service or tout the expanded BOS operation -- they're generally media events. As of today, I see no evidence to support that DL has issued an invite to the media or any blogger.

cessna2
Topic Author

Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:06 am

777Mech wrote:

They have accelerated the A339 deliveries. 2020 will see 7 delivered versus the 4 planned. 2021 will see 11 versus the 9 planned. The A339 order book has also increased from 35 to 37 frames through 2024.

Dieuwer

Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:07 am

October 5th is not "next week".

SANFan

Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:15 am

IF there are announcements of new domestic routes coming soon, I wouldn't be completely surprised if BOS-SAN is one of them. It's a healthy market, SAN is a big, solid DL station, and BOS is obviously emerging as a focus city of size in DL's network.

Recently, both B6 and now even AS have increased their capacity on the route. In summer of 2020, I expect there will be at least 5 daily nonstops in the market just between those 2 cx. To me, that could be read as an indication that those 2 cx are seriously anticipating new competition in the market; DL would seem to be the logical assumption.

Could be way off but I certainly would love to see DL do some new flying out of SAN besides the 8 routes currently served -- all their hubs + LAS. I know they have a huge frequent flyer base here and I'm sure there are many of them flying to BOS!

bb

catiii

Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:25 am

WidebodyPTV wrote:
A few weeks ago, WN vacated Concourse A. DL subsequently began renovating the gates to its standards. Next week, it will add service to ORD, DCA and EWR. A deleted posting mentioned Bastain would be in BOS as part of a media event to christen the new gates (and highlight DL's new service). This is the most likely scenario; DL (at least in recent memory) has not hosted a media event to announce its upcoming transatlantic service.

There is no rumor that DL will announce new service; the OP found out about Bastain's visit and is merely speculating such. Among the (many unfounded) rumors the OP shared: "Rumor has it a 787 or 797 order is imminent ... [this information came] From the CEO himself. He talked about it at an employee event my friend was at yesterday."

Ding ding ding. We have a winner...

catiii

Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:40 am

cessna2 wrote:
777Mech wrote:

They have accelerated the A339 deliveries. 2020 will see 7 delivered versus the 4 planned. 2021 will see 11 versus the 9 planned. The A339 order book has also increased from 35 to 37 frames through 2024.

Don’t the proposed tariffs hit the 330 orders?

airlineworker

Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:18 am

ROA has no N/S to New England. A couple of CRJ-700's should do well.

PIEAvantiP180

Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:54 am

cessna2 wrote:
777Mech wrote:

That is good to hear regarding the accelelerated 330neo delivers. I have also read on here not to long ago that DL will be getting a few used 330 on lease. Can anyone confirm the validity of that info? I think DL could use as many added widebodies as they can get for more EU and Asia expansion.

Thank you

WidebodyPTV

Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:01 am

cessna2 wrote:
777Mech wrote:

How many 763ER are being retired? Earlier this year, DL discussed the possibility of expediting 339 deliveries and 763ER retirements. More recently, DL has stated it expects international growth to be around 2% next year. They've already announced a significant increase in capacity to LHR, as well as new service from BOS to LGW & MAN. That's going to put a dent in that 2%.

I expect we'll see additional changes next year. But I don't expect anything major, I don't expect it to be from BOS and I don't expect it to be announced at BOS next week.

PIEAvantiP180 wrote:
I have also read on here not to long ago that DL will be getting a few used 330 on lease. Can anyone confirm the validity of that info? I think DL could use as many added widebodies as they can get for more EU and Asia expansion.

There's no credible information to support the assertion that DL will be leasing used 330, nor was there. That "rumor" was reported by the person you quoted (the OP of this thread). DL had explored acquiring the delivery slots for WOW's 330NEO, but he inferred that information as DL was exploring leasing the ex-WOW 330.

DL just can't add "all the widebodies as [it] can get for more ... expansion." DL has to respond to its shareholders, who are sensitive about controlled growth, and has told them to expect about 2% growth next year.
Last edited by WidebodyPTV on Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

FlyingElvii

Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:10 am

iyerhari wrote:
FSDan wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:
A morning flight out of BOS to LHR?

VS already has that covered. Combined, DL+VS offer three daily on BOS-LHR: one morning and two evening flights.

If the CEO of Massport and Governor Charlie Baker are coming, it implies there are some big round of expansion other than a token set of flights to be added which are already being served. In the BOS thread, Vs4ever has stated that the gates should be fully functional in the next week or so. This also somewhat coincides with DL adds to DCA, ORD, EWR which are all going live on Sep 29. There would be some interesting adds for sure - hopefully enilria OAG thread on Sunday should give us an idea.

28 flights a day
between BOS and ORD, most being mainline. This should be fun....

NWADTWE16

Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:21 am

its about time this thread came back down to ground level. Not sure the obsession with DL being everywhere all the time. BOS is extremely gate constrained. The new terminal is for the hometown airline, B6. DL does very well with what they have and will add some more INTL and some more Domestic, but the cities mentioned in this fantasy thread were for the most part ridiculous.

and btw B6 does service DTW nonstop from BOS 3 times daily and has for the better part of a decade.
I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list!

tlecam

Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:54 am

NWADTWE16 wrote:
its about time this thread came back down to ground level. Not sure the obsession with DL being everywhere all the time. BOS is extremely gate constrained. The new terminal is for the hometown airline, B6. DL does very well with what they have and will add some more INTL and some more Domestic, but the cities mentioned in this fantasy thread were for the most part ridiculous.

and btw B6 does service DTW nonstop from BOS 3 times daily and has for the better part of a decade.

What new terminal?
BOS-LGA-JFK | A:319/20/21, 332/3, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 762, 763, 764, 787, 772, 744 || MD80, MD90

SANFan

Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:35 am

Oh well. Never mind!

bb

ScottB

Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:04 am

legend500 wrote:

One could make a very similar argument as to why DL wouldn't enter the BOS-CHI market -- frequent service on UA and AA to ORD along with WN to MDW, as well as multiple daily B6 and seasonal NK to ORD.

The reason DL would enter BOS-DFW is the same reason they're adding BOS-ORD: They need to serve most or all of the top O&D markets from BOS non-stop to be the preferred carrier for Boston-area business travelers. DFW/DAL was the #11 O&D market from BOS in 2018Q3 -- the only larger O&D market which won't have DL non-stop service from BOS as of next month will be DEN and I think that's an obvious addition for DL as well. The only other gaps in DL's coverage of the top 20 O&Ds from BOS are CLT & IAH/HOU.

cessna2
Topic Author

Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:24 am

WidebodyPTV wrote:
cessna2 wrote:
777Mech wrote:

How many 763ER are being retired? Earlier this year, DL discussed the possibility of expediting 339 deliveries and 763ER retirements. More recently, DL has stated it expects international growth to be around 2% next year. They've already announced a significant increase in capacity to LHR, as well as new service from BOS to LGW & MAN. That's going to put a dent in that 2%.

I expect we'll see additional changes next year. But I don't expect anything major, I don't expect it to be from BOS and I don't expect it to be announced at BOS next week.

PIEAvantiP180 wrote:
I have also read on here not to long ago that DL will be getting a few used 330 on lease. Can anyone confirm the validity of that info? I think DL could use as many added widebodies as they can get for more EU and Asia expansion.

There's no credible information to support the assertion that DL will be leasing used 330, nor was there. That "rumor" was reported by the person you quoted (the OP of this thread). DL had explored acquiring the delivery slots for WOW's 330NEO, but he inferred that information as DL was exploring leasing the ex-WOW 330.

DL just can't add "all the widebodies as [it] can get for more ... expansion." DL has to respond to its shareholders, who are sensitive about controlled growth, and has told them to expect about 2% growth next year.

I never said anything about DL acquiring used 330’s. I would ask you to verify that next time.

clrd4t8koff

Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:01 am

NWADTWE16 wrote:

Huh? The only new terminal at BOS coming is the new international terminal. It’s not FOR B6.

B6 started BOS-DTW in March of 2014 only 5.5 years ago. How is that the better part of a decade?

clrd4t8koff

Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:02 am

NWADTWE16 wrote:

Huh? The only new terminal at BOS is the new international terminal. It’s not FOR B6.

B6 started BOS-DTW in March of 2014 only 5.5 years ago. How is that the better part of a decade?

clrd4t8koff

Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:08 am

WidebodyPTV wrote:

Another poster has already come along to support the claim and said:

“This isn’t a rumor. Apparently the two new transatlantic flights were mentioned in a video with Ed on the DL intranet. So if you’re telling all the employees, it’s basically public lol.”

Stop bashing the OP.

VS4ever

Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:24 am

clrd4t8koff wrote:
NWADTWE16 wrote:

Huh? The only new terminal at BOS is the new international terminal. It’s not FOR B6.

You know fine well, when you get over 5 you round up to 10. Lol

And even further. E isn’t new it’s just being revamped completely
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

cokepopper

Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:29 am

It will be funny to read this thread after Ed makes his announcement of two new international routes from BOS while in BOS. (11 transatlantic flights a day S2020)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos