marcoantona
Topic Author
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:17 pm

Norwegian Air Argentina begins flights to Jujuy and Ushuaia

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:40 pm

Earlier today, Norwegian Air Argentina began operations between Buenos Aires/Aeroparque and Jujuy in northern Argentina.
LV-IQZ was the aircraft assigned for the first trip, a Boeing 737-800 with 189 seats equiped with wi-fi on board.
NAA will offer 2 weekly flights (Friday and Sunday) on this route with the following schedule:
DN6132 AEP 1155 JUJ 1410
DN6133 JUJ 1445 AEP 1650

Tomorrow it will be the turn of Ushuaia, southenmost commercial airport in the world, and gateway to Antarctica.
Ushuaia will be also served twice weekly (Saturday and Sunday) on the following schedule:
Saturday:
DN6120 AEP 0500 USH 0840
DN6121 USH 0925 AEP 1300

Sunday:
DN6120 AEP 1835 USH 2215
DN6121 USH 2300 AEP 0230

Apparently USH flights are performing really well as the inaugural one appears to be almost sold out.

In order to add these flights NAA re-scheduled some flights to fit them for their three-aircraft operation.
Some modifications are:
COR now 2 daily flights instead of 3.
IGR now 1 daily instead of 12 weekly.
BRC has gone from daily to 9 weekly.
NQN has gone from 4 weekly to 5.
SLA has been reduced from daily to 5 weekly.

Link in Spanish: https://aviacionline.com/2019/09/se-vie ... argentina/
 
VSMUT
Posts: 3016
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Norwegian Air Argentina begins flights to Jujuy and Ushuaia

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:49 pm

How is Norwegian Argentina working out? On the path to becoming profitable?
 
planeguy
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2001 4:42 am

Re: Norwegian Air Argentina begins flights to Jujuy and Ushuaia

Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:18 pm

This news means Norwegian will be the only carrier that flies to both the world's northern- and southernmost airports, Longyearbyen and Ushuaia.
 
User avatar
PatrickZ80
Posts: 3915
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 am

Re: Norwegian Air Argentina begins flights to Jujuy and Ushuaia

Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:20 pm

planeguy wrote:
This news means Norwegian will be the only carrier that flies to both the world's northern- and southernmost airports, Longyearbyen and Ushuaia.


Technically Ushuaia isn't the southernmost airport in the world, that would be Teniente R. Marsh Airport on King George Island, just off the coast of Antarctica. It is the only commercial airport in the whole continent of Antarctica, the only one with an IATA-code (TNM). This airport doesn't have any regular scheduled service, however Aerovias DAP frequently performs charter flights to the airport.
 
dcajet
Posts: 4115
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Norwegian Air Argentina begins flights to Jujuy and Ushuaia

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:17 pm

marcoantona wrote:
Earlier today, Norwegian Air Argentina began operations between Buenos Aires/Aeroparque and Jujuy in northern Argentina.
LV-IQZ was the aircraft assigned for the first trip, a Boeing 737-800 with 189 seats equiped with wi-fi on board.
NAA will offer 2 weekly flights (Friday and Sunday) on this route with the following schedule:
DN6132 AEP 1155 JUJ 1410
DN6133 JUJ 1445 AEP 1650

Tomorrow it will be the turn of Ushuaia, southenmost commercial airport in the world, and gateway to Antarctica.
Ushuaia will be also served twice weekly (Saturday and Sunday) on the following schedule:
Saturday:
DN6120 AEP 0500 USH 0840
DN6121 USH 0925 AEP 1300

Sunday:
DN6120 AEP 1835 USH 2215
DN6121 USH 2300 AEP 0230

Apparently USH flights are performing really well as the inaugural one appears to be almost sold out.

In order to add these flights NAA re-scheduled some flights to fit them for their three-aircraft operation.
Some modifications are:
COR now 2 daily flights instead of 3.
IGR now 1 daily instead of 12 weekly.
BRC has gone from daily to 9 weekly.
NQN has gone from 4 weekly to 5.
SLA has been reduced from daily to 5 weekly.

Link in Spanish: https://aviacionline.com/2019/09/se-vie ... argentina/


Have they dropped MDZ?

VSMUT wrote:
How is Norwegian Argentina working out? On the path to becoming profitable?


Norwegian does not report results broken down by each of the group's airlines.

PatrickZ80 wrote:
planeguy wrote:
This news means Norwegian will be the only carrier that flies to both the world's northern- and southernmost airports, Longyearbyen and Ushuaia.


Technically Ushuaia isn't the southernmost airport in the world, that would be Teniente R. Marsh Airport on King George Island, just off the coast of Antarctica. It is the only commercial airport in the whole continent of Antarctica, the only one with an IATA-code (TNM). This airport doesn't have any regular scheduled service, however Aerovias DAP frequently performs charter flights to the airport.


Very, very technically. USH can operate in any weather and receive any aircraft - from a C-172 to the 747. Try that either at TNM (which I assume can only receive DAP's BAe 146 during the summer time). So it is not an apples to apples comparison. For the purposes of Norwegian's claim it is perfectly fair. USH is the closest commercial airport to Antarctica where folks can fly from any part of the world with no change of plane required and be on a cruise ship literally an hour or two after having landed and on their way south.
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"
 
dcajet
Posts: 4115
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Norwegian Air Argentina begins flights to Jujuy and Ushuaia

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:43 pm

And the actual take off from AEP this morning on a lovely Buenos Aires spring.

https://twitter.com/ControllersAep/stat ... 1872654337
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"
 
marcoantona
Topic Author
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: Norwegian Air Argentina begins flights to Jujuy and Ushuaia

Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:22 pm

dcajet wrote:
marcoantona wrote:
Earlier today, Norwegian Air Argentina began operations between Buenos Aires/Aeroparque and Jujuy in northern Argentina.
LV-IQZ was the aircraft assigned for the first trip, a Boeing 737-800 with 189 seats equiped with wi-fi on board.
NAA will offer 2 weekly flights (Friday and Sunday) on this route with the following schedule:
DN6132 AEP 1155 JUJ 1410
DN6133 JUJ 1445 AEP 1650

Tomorrow it will be the turn of Ushuaia, southenmost commercial airport in the world, and gateway to Antarctica.
Ushuaia will be also served twice weekly (Saturday and Sunday) on the following schedule:
Saturday:
DN6120 AEP 0500 USH 0840
DN6121 USH 0925 AEP 1300

Sunday:
DN6120 AEP 1835 USH 2215
DN6121 USH 2300 AEP 0230

Apparently USH flights are performing really well as the inaugural one appears to be almost sold out.

In order to add these flights NAA re-scheduled some flights to fit them for their three-aircraft operation.
Some modifications are:
COR now 2 daily flights instead of 3.
IGR now 1 daily instead of 12 weekly.
BRC has gone from daily to 9 weekly.
NQN has gone from 4 weekly to 5.
SLA has been reduced from daily to 5 weekly.

Link in Spanish: https://aviacionline.com/2019/09/se-vie ... argentina/


Have they dropped MDZ?

Nop, but frequency remains unchanged with 3 daily services.
 
dcajet
Posts: 4115
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Norwegian Air Argentina begins flights to Jujuy and Ushuaia

Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:30 pm

Norwegian in Norway? Nope. Norwegian in Ushuaia, Argentina with a nice blizzard as a background.

https://twitter.com/aviacionline/status ... 4463501312
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"
 
marcogr12
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Norwegian Air Argentina begins flights to Jujuy and Ushuaia

Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:07 pm

So if Norwegian in Europe goes belly-up will the Southamerican entity remain unaffected?
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..
 
dcajet
Posts: 4115
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Norwegian Air Argentina begins flights to Jujuy and Ushuaia

Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:06 pm

marcogr12 wrote:
So if Norwegian in Europe goes belly-up will the Southamerican entity remain unaffected?


I doubt it...
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos