EarlyLateORD

Re: Predictions of new routes in the Delta-LATAM alliance

Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:39 am

EarlyLateORD wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:
Delta and LATAM make the largest airline alliance in the Americas, in turn Delta has partners such as Aeromexico and WestJet further strengthening the alliance
My presictions for Delta
GRU-DTW returns
GRU-ATL happens to be operated with Airbus A350
GRU-JFK happens to be operated with Boeing 777
GIG-JFK happens to be operated throughout the year
GYE-ATL new service
LIM-JFK new service
BSB-ATL returns

My predictions for LATAM
AUS-GRU new service
ATL-GRU new service
LAX-GRU new service
MCO-GRU increase in frequencies and capacity
ATL-SCL new service
ATL-LIM new service
LAX-LIM capacity increase
SJC-GRU new service
BOS-LIM new service

What are your predictions for these new partners?

I would love to see MSP-BOG or LIM. MSP-MEX has some limitations as several of Aeromexico's deep South America flights are day flights that don't connect in MEX. It would also be great to have better timing connectivity between MSP-MIA and LATAM's South America flights. I always find it frustrating that MSP-MIA on AA/DL arrives about 30 minutes after AA's 11AM bank of flights to CTG/MDE/etc. When we go to MED, we generally fly to MIA the night before, then take the morning bank to MDE, versus landing in MDE at 9 PM.

Adam

MIflyer12

Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:13 pm

717atOGG wrote:
Since the Delta/LATAM partnership makes MIA much more strategically important in the DL network, I wouldn't be surprised if they resume LAX/SLC-MIA and start SEA-MIA, all once daily to facilitate SA connections.

Facilitating LATAM connections at MIA has a few BIG problems. (Relying on a Wikipedia MIA LATAM destination list and ITA Matrix schedules for the week of 1/5/2020.)

1. There isn't a single daily LATAM destination from MIA that isn't already served by DL from ATL - not one.

2. LATAM has quite the range of departure times from MIA. (Maybe they could consolidate them but they haven't, suggesting aircraft utilization, slots availability, gate availability, or local market time-preference issues.)

destination, MIA departure time, frequency

REC 1730 Th, Sa

FOR 1630 xTh Sa

GRU 0805 daily, 1710 daily

LIM 0100 daily, 1640 daily

EZE 2015 daily

Belem 0205 Su Tu

PUJ 0825 Su 0845 Sa

So, how do you want to schedule DL's new incoming flights to connect to these, over that 17-hr departure window? From what U.S. non-hub cities can you rationalize new DL flights to connect to a few non-daily flights REC/FOR/BEL?

aemoreira1981

Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:19 pm

EarlyLateORD wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:
Delta and LATAM make the largest airline alliance in the Americas, in turn Delta has partners such as Aeromexico and WestJet further strengthening the alliance
My presictions for Delta
GRU-DTW returns
GYE-ATL new service
LIM-JFK new service
BSB-ATL returns

My predictions for LATAM
AUS-GRU new service
ATL-GRU new service
LAX-GRU new service
ATL-SCL new service
ATL-LIM new service
SJC-GRU new service
BOS-LIM new service

I would love to see MSP-BOG or LIM. MSP-MEX has some limitations as several of Aeromexico's deep South America flights are day flights that don't connect in MEX. It would also be great to have better timing connectivity between MSP-MIA and LATAM's South America flights. I always find it frustrating that MSP-MIA on AA/DL arrives about 30 minutes after AA's 11AM bank of flights to CTG/MDE/etc.

Adam

AM could retime those flights to be a late evening arrival and a departure near midnight for destinations with only one flight a day.

usflyer msp

Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:55 pm

EarlyLateORD wrote:
I would love to see MSP-BOG or LIM. MSP-MEX has some limitations as several of Aeromexico's deep South America flights are day flights that don't connect in MEX. It would also be great to have better timing connectivity between MSP-MIA and LATAM's South America flights. I always find it frustrating that MSP-MIA on AA/DL arrives about 30 minutes after AA's 11AM bank of flights to CTG/MDE/etc.

Adam

I have that same frustration with MSP-MIA flights. I have a friend in medical school in Grenada and every time I visit him I have to spend the night in Miami in at least one direction. AA's morning flight leaves at 5am on some days to connect with the 11am bank but it is very inconsistent (right now the 5am departure is only on Sunday and Monday).

onwFan

Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:57 pm

RainerBoeing777 wrote:
My presictions for Delta
GRU-DTW returns
GYE-ATL new service
LIM-JFK new service
BSB-ATL returns

My predictions for LATAM
AUS-GRU new service
ATL-GRU new service
LAX-GRU new service
ATL-SCL new service
ATL-LIM new service
SJC-GRU new service
BOS-LIM new service

LA cannot even make LIM-SFO, LIM-IAD or GRU-LAS work. And people are already thinking about GRU-SJC/AUS. Awesome!

EddieDude

Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:42 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
[AM could retime those flights to be a late evening arrival and a departure near midnight for destinations with only one flight a day.

I think AM will also cut its codeshare and mileage relationship with Gol and enter into a new ones with LATAM. Perhaps AM will relaunch MEX-GIG (788), and perhaps LATAM will make GRU-MEX all A359 instead of a mix of A359 and 763ER.
Upcoming flights:
April/May: AM MEX-SCL 788 (J), AM EZE-MEX 789 (J).

J343

Re: Delta buying 20% of LATAM

Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:19 pm

Will this increase LATAM and Delta's market share at MIA? AA's market share at MIA is currently 60+% and wonder what's going to happen after the deal.

DeltaMD90

Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:20 pm

Even with this deal, the strength of DL, and the weakness AA has showed of late, DL in MIA will be an uphill battle. I see DL and LATAM integrating their networks nicely with current DL hubs playing a big role, but I don't see much in the way of DL MIA additions beyond their hubs and focus cities.

Say what you want about AA but they're still a huge airline with a lot of business ties. They'll defend DFW, MIA, CLT etc, it won't be another JFK

jfk777

Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:33 am

RainerBoeing777 wrote:
My presictions for Delta
GRU-DTW returns
GYE-ATL new service
LIM-JFK new service
BSB-ATL returns

My predictions for LATAM
AUS-GRU new service
ATL-GRU new service
LAX-GRU new service
ATL-SCL new service
ATL-LIM new service
SJC-GRU new service
BOS-LIM new service

AUS & SJC to GRU is ambitious. BOS to LIM would be better if it were BOS to GRU. GRU to LAX is a very long route and AA flies it currently, it would be a bloodbath. Where are all the extra airplanes coming from for all these routes ? Not enough A350, 787 or 777 to go around with current commitments and all these expansion flights.

Ishrion

Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:51 am

jfk777 wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:
My presictions for Delta
GRU-DTW returns
GYE-ATL new service
LIM-JFK new service
BSB-ATL returns

My predictions for LATAM
AUS-GRU new service
ATL-GRU new service
LAX-GRU new service
ATL-SCL new service
ATL-LIM new service
SJC-GRU new service
BOS-LIM new service

AUS & SJC to GRU is ambitious. BOS to LIM would be better if it were BOS to GRU. GRU to LAX is a very long route and AA flies it currently, it would be a bloodbath. Where are all the extra airplanes coming from for all these routes ? Not enough A350, 787 or 777 to go around with current commitments and all these expansion flights.

Ironically GRU-AUS/SJC was listed as a possibility in the AA/LATAM joint venture application. Now with Delta, it seems like a higher possibility.

LAXdude1023

Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:14 am

Ishrion wrote:
jfk777 wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:
My presictions for Delta
GRU-DTW returns
GYE-ATL new service
LIM-JFK new service
BSB-ATL returns

My predictions for LATAM
AUS-GRU new service
ATL-GRU new service
LAX-GRU new service
ATL-SCL new service
ATL-LIM new service
SJC-GRU new service
BOS-LIM new service

Ironically GRU-AUS/SJC was listed as a possibility in the AA/LATAM joint venture application. Now with Delta, it seems like a higher possibility.

There no local market to either of those cities from GRU.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

MastaHanky

Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:35 pm

As expected, DL is connecting a few dots in MIA - adding MCO, TPA, RDU and SLC:

MCO: 5x daily
RDU: 2x daily
SLC: 1x daily
TPA: 5x daily

https://news.delta.com/delta-bolsters-mia-network-support-industry-leading-partnership-latam

bnatraveler

Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:43 pm

I just sent a note to Delta to try and understand when they will start allowing for mileage earn into SkyMiles. I have a flight with LA (LA coded) via Chile in March.

tphuang

Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:47 pm

MastaHanky wrote:
As expected, DL is connecting a few dots in MIA - adding MCO, TPA, RDU and SLC:

MCO: 5x daily
RDU: 2x daily
SLC: 1x daily
TPA: 5x daily

https://news.delta.com/delta-bolsters-mia-network-support-industry-leading-partnership-latam

That's interesting. Pretty good places to start on top of additional flights from their core hubs.

Lootess

Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:57 pm

That settles it, MIA expansion from east coast focus city gateways. DL-LATAM MIA codeshares will be the easiest starting point by Summer 2020.

janders

Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:16 am

LATAM moves up its departure from oneworld,

LATAM Airlines Group will end its membership in the oneworld® alliance effective 1 May 2020, following the group’s decision to leave the alliance.

https://newsroom.aviator.aero/latam-to- ... -may-2020/
"We make war that we may live in peace." -- Aristotle

bnatraveler

Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:22 pm

https://news.delta.com/delta-and-latam- ... -codeshare

• Delta frequent flyers benefit from reciprocal mileage earn and redemption for flights flown on/after April 1
  • Delta code now added on flights operated by LATAM’s affiliates in Colombia, Ecuador and Peru, giving customers more travel options
  • Additional codeshare agreement reached for flights operated by LATAM Airlines Brazil
  • Delta to co-locate at LATAM’s São Paulo/GRU hub

onwFan

Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:47 am

Interesting that there is no mention of codeshare with LAN Argentina. After all, AR is the one which will get screwed up the most. Will they at least be given the benefit of a premature departure from SkyTeam (or) made to suffer like CZ did till their contract expires?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos