Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 9
 
User avatar
EK413
Posts: 5574
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:11 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:54 am

I must say QF really missed the mark with the centenary colourscheme

A series of retro B789’s would’ve had more of an impact versus this logo jet concept.

Disappointed. Just my 0.02c


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!
 
tullamarine
Posts: 2590
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 1999 1:14 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:10 am

EK413 wrote:
I must say QF really missed the mark with the centenary colourscheme

A series of retro B789’s would’ve had more of an impact versus this logo jet concept.

Disappointed. Just my 0.02c


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not the most exciting. In some respects the addition of the old logos down the fuselage looks amateurish. It's disappointing they didn't go for a bigger program including acknowledging the TAA/Australian side of the business; maybe that is still coming.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR
 
moa999
Posts: 980
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:37 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:17 am

TAA / Australian not really relevant on an international aircraft such as the 787.

Still 3 A380s and plenty of 737s that need repaints
 
User avatar
EK413
Posts: 5574
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:11 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:20 am

tullamarine wrote:
EK413 wrote:
I must say QF really missed the mark with the centenary colourscheme

A series of retro B789’s would’ve had more of an impact versus this logo jet concept.

Disappointed. Just my 0.02c


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not the most exciting. In some respects the addition of the old logos down the fuselage looks amateurish. It's disappointing they didn't go for a bigger program including acknowledging the TAA/Australian side of the business; maybe that is still coming.


I was excited leading up to the unveiling.

Understand there are 2 x B737 retro jets but rolling out a series of retro jets on the widebody fleet would be far more effective on the international stage.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!
 
81819
Posts: 2008
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 9:13 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:38 am

It looks like the 100 year old theme revolves the various QF logos. A good learning opportunity that will stimulate talking about the history of QF.
 
melpax
Posts: 2070
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:13 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:46 am

tullamarine wrote:
It's not the most exciting. In some respects the addition of the old logos down the fuselage looks amateurish. It's disappointing they didn't go for a bigger program including acknowledging the TAA/Australian side of the business; maybe that is still coming.


A 717 in the 70's TAA livery would be just the business. It would look 'wrong' on a 738 since the only jets in TAA's fleet wearing this scheme were the DC9 & 727.



A 738 in the late 80's Australian scheme that the original 733's were delivered in?



Though, as discussed, it would be unlikely an A330 would be given a TAA paintjob since they also do international duty.....

Essendon - Whatever it takes......
 
TN486T
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:18 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:05 am

https://www.flightradar24.com/QFA9/227b269d

QF9 is late tonight (3 hrs). ??
 
QF744
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:05 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:30 am

EK413 wrote:
I must say QF really missed the mark with the centenary colourscheme

A series of retro B789’s would’ve had more of an impact versus this logo jet concept.

Disappointed. Just my 0.02c


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Agreed... quite possibly the worst special scheme a QF aircraft has ever worn!
OVER 150 FLIGHTS PER YEAR.
 
tullamarine
Posts: 2590
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 1999 1:14 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:32 am

An A330 in the Australian Airlines 767 livery would also be special.

717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR
 
jupiter2
Posts: 1739
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2001 11:30 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:38 am

tullamarine wrote:
An A330 in the Australian Airlines 767 livery would also be special.



Would suit a 787 better. It was a sensational livery though.
 
User avatar
eta unknown
Posts: 2876
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 5:03 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:26 pm

[quote="moa999"]TAA / Australian not really relevant on an international aircraft such as the 787.

True, but are those QF retro schemes relevant on 737's?
 
FL420FT
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:30 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:31 pm

QF6027 (VH-ZNI) has an ETA of 1330LT ex PAE to arrive into LAX at 1600LT on 15 October.
 
moa999
Posts: 980
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:37 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:34 pm

eta unknown wrote:
True, but are those QF retro schemes relevant on 737's?


Landing at Australian airports where your more likely to get more people who recognise the heritage livery - absolutely
(And size wise 737 is probably closest to the 707 used for RR2, granted RR1 was more of a 747 livery)

A TAA aircraft at LHR or LAX would have limited recognition.

I believe all of AAs 10+ heritage liveries are on domestic 737s - they use full heritage tail and stripe/paint, but have the modern AA titles with eagle logo and the oneworld badge
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11163
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:27 pm

OJU now been delivered from LAX to MWH to Rolls Royce

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/statu ... 50816?s=20
Forum Moderator
 
jupiter2
Posts: 1739
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2001 11:30 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:33 pm

qf789 wrote:
OJU now been delivered from LAX to MWH to Rolls Royce

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/statu ... 50816?s=20


Good to see her live on.
 
weebie
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:20 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:07 am

Anyone know the time this bad boy is leaving JFK on Friday night? Might go out for a spot on this monumental occasion.
 
User avatar
qf2220
Posts: 1982
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:10 am

tullamarine wrote:
An A330 in the Australian Airlines 767 livery would also be special.



Id prefer a 767 - perhaps QF will get some if they get new engines on the 764 frame......
 
brucetiki
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:36 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:12 am

I'm going to buck the trend here and say that I like the centenary scheme with the history of Qantas logos over their history.
The early bird catches the worm, the late bird will be featured on a You Tube video
 
User avatar
EK413
Posts: 5574
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:11 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:13 am

weebie wrote:
Anyone know the time this bad boy is leaving JFK on Friday night? Might go out for a spot on this monumental occasion.


21:30 Local


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!
 
smi0006
Posts: 2581
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:31 am

tullamarine wrote:
An A330 in the Australian Airlines 767 livery would also be special.



It was sad to see this livery go - it was one of my all time favs. I wish it could have been kept in some way, a blue/green version would have been amazing to showcase all elements of the Aussie landscape. The orange was fantastically eye catching!

Whilst I miss the 767, very hopeful we see QF go with some 797s should they ever be offered. Hopefully Boeing will one day offer one.

Looking forward to tracking the first JFK-SYD flights, whilst a trial always exciting to see something different and new in the industry.
 
a320fan
Posts: 854
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:04 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:13 am

What I don’t understand with the 100 jet is the red on the belly. Afaik no Qantas livery in its history has had the red go along the belly like that, makes the whole scheme look bottom heavy and busy. With just the usual tail and the rest as is I think it would look quite nice. But people would probably complain it was too simple and just some logos decaled on (rolls eyes)
A319, A320, A321, A330-200, A350-900, A380, 737-700, 737-800, 777-200ER, 777-300, 777-300ER, 787-8, Q300, Q400
 
Qantas16
Posts: 771
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:51 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:23 am

a320fan wrote:
What I don’t understand with the 100 jet is the red on the belly. Afaik no Qantas livery in its history has had the red go along the belly like that, makes the whole scheme look bottom heavy and busy. With just the usual tail and the rest as is I think it would look quite nice. But people would probably complain it was too simple and just some logos decaled on (rolls eyes)


I think the red belly looks great, wish that was part of the normal livery ;-)
 
moa999
Posts: 980
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:37 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:23 am

smi0006 wrote:
Whilst I miss the 767, very hopeful we see QF go with some 797s should they ever be offered.


Looking less and less likely.
See the 767-400neo thread which suggests a cheap reboot of the 767, and focus investment on a NSA or 737 replacement
 
Obzerva
Posts: 501
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:48 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:06 am

Qantas16 wrote:
a320fan wrote:
What I don’t understand with the 100 jet is the red on the belly. Afaik no Qantas livery in its history has had the red go along the belly like that, makes the whole scheme look bottom heavy and busy. With just the usual tail and the rest as is I think it would look quite nice. But people would probably complain it was too simple and just some logos decaled on (rolls eyes)


I think the red belly looks great, wish that was part of the normal livery ;-)



Agree, the red belly does look great!

the "collect the set" sticker collection of logos however :shakehead:
 
smi0006
Posts: 2581
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:57 am

moa999 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:
Whilst I miss the 767, very hopeful we see QF go with some 797s should they ever be offered.


Looking less and less likely.
See the 767-400neo thread which suggests a cheap reboot of the 767, and focus investment on a NSA or 737 replacement


Ahh started off reading it, but the thread degraded. Sounded to start with this would be freight only. Interesting.

Hopefully we see some more orders from either supplier when QF announce sunrise.
 
User avatar
qf2220
Posts: 1982
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:27 pm

moa999 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:
Whilst I miss the 767, very hopeful we see QF go with some 797s should they ever be offered.


Looking less and less likely.
See the 767-400neo thread which suggests a cheap reboot of the 767, and focus investment on a NSA or 737 replacement


I think im pretty rational and am pretty brutally unsentimental when it comes to fleet and nostalgia etc, but to me the 767 is a more real part of QF than the 747 is.... Id get excited for a 764NEO at QF....

If Sunrise goes ahead, id see that the 764NEO would be a nice compliment
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11163
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:37 pm

Qantas 789 VH-ZNI departing PAE on delivery flight to LAX

Image

https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status/11 ... 00736?s=20
Forum Moderator
 
 
Boof
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:16 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:45 am

qf789 wrote:
Qantas 789 VH-ZNI departing PAE on delivery flight to LAX

Image

https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status/11 ... 00736?s=20


When there is a photo of ZNJ side on like this I’ll make a judgement on if I like it or not... for now I think it’s hard to tell if it is as bad as it looks from the close cropped photos but I do agree with those on here who say at first glance it’s not great!
Bring back Virgin Blue!
 
tullamarine
Posts: 2590
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 1999 1:14 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:49 am

Boof wrote:
qf789 wrote:
Qantas 789 VH-ZNI departing PAE on delivery flight to LAX

Image

https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status/11 ... 00736?s=20


When there is a photo of ZNJ side on like this I’ll make a judgement on if I like it or not... for now I think it’s hard to tell if it is as bad as it looks from the close cropped photos but I do agree with those on here who say at first glance it’s not great!

I agree it is not great but I tend to find all photos of 787s on the ground as slightly awkward. I think it is the comparatively low landing gear that does it making the whole plane look quite squat. They tend to look more elegant in flight with the landing gear retracted. The 78J is not so bad as the length tends to relieve the squat look a bit but overall the A350 is much more handsome with better proportions.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR
 
tullamarine
Posts: 2590
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 1999 1:14 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:28 am

I flew back into MEL from SIN this morning and notice that the famous old Solari arrivals board in the Landside Arrivals Hall has gone as part of the extensions that have started there. Illustrations of the new Arrivals Hall suggest the board won't be returning unfortunately.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR
 
User avatar
EK413
Posts: 5574
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:11 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:15 am

Correction on previous post.

Friday 18/10
QF6027 LAX ETD 09:55 JFK ETA 18:15

QF7879 JFK ETD 21:00 SYD ETA 07:10 (Sunday 20/10)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!
 
346fetish
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:00 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:59 am

What QF FINs are currently under heavy MTCE in BNE?
"BA have got waterfalls in their head office. The only time we have waterfalls in the Ryanair office is when the toilet leaks."
 
JRPLANES
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:03 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:47 am

Another ex Virgin Australia Boeing 737 aircraft has joined the tigerair fleet. Registered as VH-VUX, it began operations today with the airline operating flight TT550 (MEL to OOL)
 
User avatar
EK413
Posts: 5574
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:11 pm

Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:54 pm

Flight QF6027 from Los Angeles to New York
https://fr24.com/QFA6027/22861f60

Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11163
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:06 pm

EK413 wrote:
Flight QF6027 from Los Angeles to New York
https://fr24.com/QFA6027/22861f60

Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


ZNI has just departed LAX, next stop JFK
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11163
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:29 pm

Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11163
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:32 pm

Qantas Press Release on first research flight

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media ... -take-off/

Some additional information on QF7879 JFK-SYD

50 passengers and crew on board
Will take off with maximum fuel, restricted passenger and baggage load and no cargo
Purpose of the flight is to conduct research on passengers and crew including increasing health and wellness, reducing jetlag and identifying optimum crew rest and work periods
Expect to take 19 and half hours subject to wind versus 22hrs and 20 minutes JFK-LAX-SYD
Months of flight planning including daily plans to establish and wind and weather patterns
Four pilots operating the flight plus 2 that operated on the positioning flight to JFK, overall experience is 67,000 hours
ZNI will depart with maximum fuel load, approx. 101,000kg of fuel, arrive into SYD with 6,000kg remaining
MTOW for 789 is 254,000kg, QF7879 takeoff weight 233,000kg
101,000kg is also the same amount of fuel Qantas departs with on PER-LHR
Initially will climb to FL360 and will further climb to FL400 a few hours into flight
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11163
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:38 pm

Effective 29 Mar 20, QR will replace A359 on DOH-ADL with A350-1000

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... arch-2020/
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
EK413
Posts: 5574
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:11 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:17 am

Flight QF7879 from New York to Sydney
https://fr24.com/QFA7879/2287630a

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11163
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:36 am

QF7879 is now airborne
Forum Moderator
 
Fuling
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:41 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:32 am

Just curious as to what the charter/tour VH-OEE has been operating for the passed few weeks. It left SYD on 30 Sept. and is returning today after flying SYD-ICN-TLV-MLA-BCN-CTG-LIM-IPC-SYD.
 
User avatar
EK413
Posts: 5574
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:11 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:06 am

Fuling wrote:
Just curious as to what the charter/tour VH-OEE has been operating for the passed few weeks. It left SYD on 30 Sept. and is returning today after flying SYD-ICN-TLV-MLA-BCN-CTG-LIM-IPC-SYD.



https://www.constellationjourneys.com.a ... -the-world

Not bad for $21,000


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!
 
a320fan
Posts: 854
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:04 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:04 am

qf789 wrote:
ZNI will depart with maximum fuel load, approx. 101,000kg of fuel, arrive into SYD with 6,000kg remaining
MTOW for 789 is 254,000kg, QF7879 takeoff weight 233,000kg
101,000kg is also the same amount of fuel Qantas departs with on PER-LHR
Initially will climb to FL360 and will further climb to FL400 a few hours into flight

I know range decreases as you add payload but with full tanks and still 21,000kg until MTOW the 789 must be quite fuel volume limited.
A319, A320, A321, A330-200, A350-900, A380, 737-700, 737-800, 777-200ER, 777-300, 777-300ER, 787-8, Q300, Q400
 
Fuling
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:41 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:59 am

EK413 wrote:
Fuling wrote:
Just curious as to what the charter/tour VH-OEE has been operating for the passed few weeks. It left SYD on 30 Sept. and is returning today after flying SYD-ICN-TLV-MLA-BCN-CTG-LIM-IPC-SYD.



https://www.constellationjourneys.com.a ... -the-world

Not bad for $21,000


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Oh cool. Thanks for that. Didn't realise they were still doing the Constellation tours. I remember the first one had some pretty cool places too!

Wonder what equipment they'll use once the Queen is retired :stirthepot:
 
User avatar
EK413
Posts: 5574
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:11 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:32 am

Fuling wrote:
EK413 wrote:
Fuling wrote:
Just curious as to what the charter/tour VH-OEE has been operating for the passed few weeks. It left SYD on 30 Sept. and is returning today after flying SYD-ICN-TLV-MLA-BCN-CTG-LIM-IPC-SYD.



https://www.constellationjourneys.com.a ... -the-world

Not bad for $21,000


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Oh cool. Thanks for that. Didn't realise they were still doing the Constellation tours. I remember the first one had some pretty cool places too!

Wonder what equipment they'll use once the Queen is retired :stirthepot:


QF will have A380’s (to BIG), B789’s (to small) & PS aircraft (just right)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!
 
smi0006
Posts: 2581
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:50 am

qf789 wrote:
Effective 29 Mar 20, QR will replace A359 on DOH-ADL with A350-1000

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... arch-2020/


Wow that’s a surprise!! Please to see QR doing well.

Hopefully with the 321s we see QF give ADL some love.
 
smi0006
Posts: 2581
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:54 am

No announcement from NZ but only from airport companies - NZ increase MCY seasonal service starting 2months earlier, OOL - AKL gets 100 new flights next year making it daily with some weeks 9 flights a week, and increase in CNS-AKL with mixed operation of 320,321,789 and 777 through the season.

Be great to see NZ in HBA or CBR one day! But certainly nice to see more international flights outside the key gateways.

https://www.cairnsairport.com.au/corpor ... to-cairns/

https://www.goldcoastairport.com.au/lat ... vices-grow

https://www.sunshinecoastairport.com.au ... ine-coast/
 
Captdasbomb
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:08 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:36 pm

a320fan wrote:
qf789 wrote:
ZNI will depart with maximum fuel load, approx. 101,000kg of fuel, arrive into SYD with 6,000kg remaining
MTOW for 789 is 254,000kg, QF7879 takeoff weight 233,000kg
101,000kg is also the same amount of fuel Qantas departs with on PER-LHR
Initially will climb to FL360 and will further climb to FL400 a few hours into flight

I know range decreases as you add payload but with full tanks and still 21,000kg until MTOW the 789 must be quite fuel volume limited.


Limited by the size of the wings you can attach to composite frame, Yes.
Can always engineer an additional centre tank but then it eats into cargo volume.
Or if you're Airbus modify your fuel system & chuck in an extra 24000litres & call it a ULR
 
WingsOfLove
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:54 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2019

Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:56 pm

The first up-dated A380 is back in service and QF has signed for 9 more frames to be overhauled by Elbe Flugzeugwerke in Dresden.

https://www.airliners.de/efw-kabinen-qa ... otte/52313 (pics of the new Biz & Premium Y seats)

beside increasing the number of premium seats QF added a self-serve bar for Premium Economy
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 9

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos