DakotaFlyer
Topic Author
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:19 pm

New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:01 pm

New airport to begin operations next week. It's not a major destination, but not everyday a brand new commercial airport is built.

https://bit.ly/2Onvoth
 
Q
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2000 10:29 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:34 pm

No Google Earth Map shows Dang!

Q
 
User avatar
ODwyerPW
Posts: 1571
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:30 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:46 pm

That's a huge deal for the heartland!

Williston has a population of about 27,000 people (fluctuating depending on oil work).
It has an existing airport, Sloulin Field, closer to town with 2 runways, one at 6500' (that's longer than Chicago Midway, Houston Hobby and San Diego Lindberg Field ).
However, folks did the math and the new $265million airport was the way to go..

It's nice looking airport... I like the name: Williston Basin
https://xwaproject.com/index.php

Watching some of the videos, it's amazing how young some of the key directors/managers are. Really cool to see that they did a nice job holding to schedule. Appears to be a fair amount of transparency with all of the companies/contractors that are a part of the project clearly listed right on the website, with full contact info.
Last edited by ODwyerPW on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
learning never stops.
 
Zudnic
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:42 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:57 pm

Wikipedia cites a Wall Street Journal article that indicates the underlying Bakken shale could yield 500 billion barrels of recoverable oil. There's been a huge boom in that area. This will help workers get in and out of there much faster.
 
User avatar
KLMatSJC
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:16 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:19 pm

ODwyerPW wrote:
San Diego Lindberg Field

SAN's runway is 9,400'. I think you mean SNA.
A318/19/20/21/21N A332/3 A343/5 A388 B712 B722 B732/3/4/7/8/9/9ER B744/4M B752/3 B762ER/3/3ER/4ER B77E/L/W B788 CRJ2/7/9 Q400 EMB-120 ERJ-135/140/145/145XR/175 DC-10-10 MD-82/83/88/90

Long Live the Tulip, Cactus, and Redwood
 
User avatar
ODwyerPW
Posts: 1571
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:30 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:24 pm

KLMatSJC wrote:
ODwyerPW wrote:
San Diego Lindberg Field

SAN's runway is 9,400'. I think you mean SNA.


Man.... you are so right. I've had that wrong in my head for the longest time... It's the John Wayne Airport with the short runway in Southern California..... Not San Diego.... I've been working under that wrong assumption for a loooonnnngggg time. Good to know San Diego has a really long runway...
learning never stops.
 
User avatar
SteveXC500
Posts: 513
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:57 pm

Quite a spend for six commercial flights per day.
 
Eugenewats
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:04 pm

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:52 pm

Ah, anybody ever heard of the Bakken? Monster oil play.
 
klakzky123
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:05 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:28 pm

SteveXC500 wrote:
Quite a spend for six commercial flights per day.


I think the issue was that even 6 flights a day was a lot more than what the old airport was designed for. And upgrading the old airport was apparently as expensive as building a new one.

And the Bakken oil boom seems like it will stick around for a while so I imagine they had to do this at some point. Also, apparently the old airport wasn't complying with some FAA requirements so they were almost forced into either upgrading the old airport or building a new one.
 
jetblueguy22
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:26 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:38 pm

The old airport need to go away, it was just in disrepair. Starting from scratch in an area with that much real estate was probably the economically best move.

Williston has the ability to be a much bigger city with oil, but the prices have to be higher for them to really remain a boom town.
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club
 
strfyr51
Posts: 3935
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:03 pm

SteveXC500 wrote:
Quite a spend for six commercial flights per day.

IF they could house some large Hangars? It would be a good airport for Heavy Maintenance or heavy checks for both Engine and airframe Maintenance. that way? Corporate Oil Airplanes ,Helicopters and Freighters could all go there and be serviced in a good place. Because surprisingly enough? Oil work will require a LOT of cargo work for Tools, Materials and People.
 
User avatar
OA940
Posts: 1910
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:30 pm

SteveXC500 wrote:
Quite a spend for six commercial flights per day.


It's really not. It's a way to convenience the people of these areas, and besides there are airports with fewer flights per day, nevermind those that either get done and never see any flights (like that airport outside STL) or get left half-completed after millions have been poured into them (like the new MEX)
A350/CSeries = bae
 
User avatar
spinkid
Posts: 1874
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2001 5:59 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:30 pm

27,000 now, but they expect the city to keep growing. There was a time were there was a serious housing crisis with workers staying in mobile trailers. Having to recruit teachers and add on to the schools in a very short amount of time. Personally I think it would be a cool place to move to if I was "starting over" or looking for a change.
 
DakotaFlyer
Topic Author
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:19 pm

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:04 pm

During the peak boom period flights to/from Williston were at premium pricing due to demand and customer base able to play higher fares. Not sure if it's leveled out. There is some talk about trying to bring in Allegiant, but that would cannibalize nearby Minot service.
 
as739x
Posts: 5164
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:23 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:15 pm

Q wrote:
No Google Earth Map shows Dang!

Q


Weirdly on my iPhone when you bring up the satellite view you can see the beginning of the construction . Image must come from somewhere else
"Some pilots avoid storm cells and some play connect the dots!"
 
FlyingElvii
Posts: 409
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:34 pm

klakzky123 wrote:
SteveXC500 wrote:
Quite a spend for six commercial flights per day.


I think the issue was that even 6 flights a day was a lot more than what the old airport was designed for. And upgrading the old airport was apparently as expensive as building a new one.

And the Bakken oil boom seems like it will stick around for a while so I imagine they had to do this at some point. Also, apparently the old airport wasn't complying with some FAA requirements so they were almost forced into either upgrading the old airport or building a new one.

15 years ago, Williston was a tiny town, an EAS tag on from Dickinson or Sydney, with just a few hundred boardings per month alternately on Great Lakes or Big Sky 1900’s. The growth in the area has been spectacular. Over that time period they have gone from 5-8 pax a day, to hundreds, and demand unfulfilled. It would be no big surprise to see larger RJ’s or even mainline in there soon.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 1739
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:50 pm

SteveXC500 wrote:
Quite a spend for six commercial flights per day.


They were handling 120,000 passengers at the old airport of which even with the slight remodel in 2005 it wasn't designed to handle.
The old airport's runways was not wide enough and was too short.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 1739
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:51 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
klakzky123 wrote:
SteveXC500 wrote:
Quite a spend for six commercial flights per day.


I think the issue was that even 6 flights a day was a lot more than what the old airport was designed for. And upgrading the old airport was apparently as expensive as building a new one.

And the Bakken oil boom seems like it will stick around for a while so I imagine they had to do this at some point. Also, apparently the old airport wasn't complying with some FAA requirements so they were almost forced into either upgrading the old airport or building a new one.

15 years ago, Williston was a tiny town, an EAS tag on from Dickinson or Sydney, with just a few hundred boardings per month alternately on Great Lakes or Big Sky 1900’s. The growth in the area has been spectacular. Over that time period they have gone from 5-8 pax a day, to hundreds, and demand unfulfilled. It would be no big surprise to see larger RJ’s or even mainline in there soon.
Even a possibility of G4 looking at flights to LAS and IWA.
 
sprxUSA
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:17 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:53 pm

When Big Sky was there, they used Metros.
Very different vs Frontier's DHT service to Minot, Bismarck, and Sidney lol.
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"
 
SL1200MK2
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:00 pm

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:55 pm

Interestingly, Signature at ISN will be closing and not relocating to the new field. The FBO at XWA will be Heartland Aviation, though don’t quote me on that exact name.
 
c3000flyboy
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 8:11 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:02 am

I'm sure that Allegiant will pop in there eventually. My family is from Estevan Saskatchewan just over the border and would prefer the drive to the Williston airport than to Regina.
Emergency! Keep your head down, stay down!!
 
User avatar
SteveXC500
Posts: 513
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:06 am

Eugenewats wrote:
Ah, anybody ever heard of the Bakken? Monster oil play.


At today’s price, the Baaken is less relevant than when oil was over $70.
 
Q
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2000 10:29 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:18 am

as739x wrote:
Q wrote:
No Google Earth Map shows Dang!

Q


Weirdly on my iPhone when you bring up the satellite view you can see the beginning of the construction . Image must come from somewhere else


Yes, I saw that but I need to complete paved runway and line markers. Not yet update.

Q
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:39 am

The biggest issue at the old airport was the apron couldn't handle the weight. CRJs needed a waiver to operate there.

Also. They did not have enough parking for biz jets. They were parking then anywhere that they could find space. Also, the airport was lacking good, buildable space and the easiest option was a clean sheet design.

UA/DL are already scheduling larger RJs with 1st class cabins. It'll be interesting to see where the service evolves to.
 
sprxUSA
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:17 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:38 am

I am planning a quick half day trip to ISN Tuesday, to get the use of future old airport before its demise. Then someday hit the new one. Guess I will get ND Lottery tix LOL.
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"
 
DLX737200
Posts: 1656
Joined: Tue May 29, 2001 6:42 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:58 am

Not to beat a dead horse, but like everyone eluded to, the old airport (KISN) was not designed for even CRJs multiple times a day. It did not meet the design safety standards of the FAA and was cheaper to build the new airport (KXWA) instead of redoing ISN.

My in laws have family in Williston and we traveled there in June of this year. I reached out to the executive staff of the airport and they were generous enough to show me around the construction. It was quite impressive! An awesome little 4 gate terminal and a very good looking airfield. It'll do them very well, especially with the snow season, having a longer runway for the airline service. They're also excited about the new FBO opening up. It's run by a local guy who will probably provide much better service than Signature did or could.

Next time I'm up in Williston I hope to get another tour of the opened and operating new facility. Also hoping they continue to see increased air service.
 
KCaviator
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:00 pm

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:31 pm

The oil boom is nowhere near as relevant as it was a few years ago. IIRC, Williston at one point had flights to IAH and even had some mainline flights.

It seems as if this airport is 10 years behind the curve. Yes it’ll serve the region for years to come, but they missed the BIG rush that occurred in the early to mid-2010s.
Last edited by KCaviator on Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
Airontario
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2001 12:04 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:36 pm

The American YMM?
 
DakotaFlyer
Topic Author
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:19 pm

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:33 pm

Williston native scheduled to fly first flight into new airport. Kind of a cool story
shorturl.at/cloS5
 
HPRamper
Posts: 4952
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 4:22 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:46 pm

c3000flyboy wrote:
I'm sure that Allegiant will pop in there eventually. My family is from Estevan Saskatchewan just over the border and would prefer the drive to the Williston airport than to Regina.

I think Minot would come before Williston - much larger city than Williston and still pulls Bakken traffic. Williston is honestly not too far from BIS which detracts.
 
User avatar
spinotter
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:37 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:11 pm

Q wrote:
No Google Earth Map shows Dang!

Q


My version of Google Maps has a location pointer to Williston Basin International Airport, but the satellite map shows not one bit of work - an empty field.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/williston+nd+new+airport/@48.2541935,-103.7502952,4804m/data=!3m1!1e3
 
azstar
Posts: 446
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 5:25 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:25 pm

I think it's interesting that Fargo has one of the worst, and smallest, airport terminal buildings in the state, and they had almost 450,000 passengers in 2018. Bismarck has a much nicer, newer terminal and they had around 248,000 passengers. Grand Forks also has a new, rather fancy terminal with slightly over 100,000 passengers. Now, Williston has the biggest, most expensive terminal building in the state with around 60,000 passengers.
 
Jean Leloup
Posts: 1995
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 10:46 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:30 pm

Airontario wrote:
The American YMM?


If so, expect pax to decrease by 50% within five years of opening the new airport! :S

JL (in YMM!)
Jean Leloup - original a.net moderator and still recovering!
 
User avatar
T18
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:28 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:35 pm

DakotaFlyer wrote:
Williston native scheduled to fly first flight into new airport. Kind of a cool story
shorturl.at/cloS5

Close but (assuming the LOF flight is on time) that will be the 2nd part 121 flight to arrive.
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971
 
stburke
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:11 pm

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:56 pm

azstar wrote:
I think it's interesting that Fargo has one of the worst, and smallest, airport terminal buildings in the state, and they had almost 450,000 passengers in 2018. Bismarck has a much nicer, newer terminal and they had around 248,000 passengers. Grand Forks also has a new, rather fancy terminal with slightly over 100,000 passengers. Now, Williston has the biggest, most expensive terminal building in the state with around 60,000 passengers.


Fargo's isn't all that bad. It underwent a remodel/expansion about 8sh years ago. The rest of the state was horribly dilapidated when that happened so they eventually received new facilities. GFK was pretty awful back in the day.
 
sprxUSA
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:17 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:57 pm

HPRamper wrote:
c3000flyboy wrote:
I'm sure that Allegiant will pop in there eventually. My family is from Estevan Saskatchewan just over the border and would prefer the drive to the Williston airport than to Regina.

I think Minot would come before Williston - much larger city than Williston and still pulls Bakken traffic. Williston is honestly not too far from BIS which detracts.


Well, you are a few years too late. Allegiant already serves MOT from IWA and LAS.
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 5840
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:06 pm

SteveXC500 wrote:
Eugenewats wrote:
Ah, anybody ever heard of the Bakken? Monster oil play.


At today’s price, the Baaken is less relevant than when oil was over $70.


KCaviator wrote:
The oil boom is nowhere near as relevant as it was a few years ago. IIRC, Williston at one point had flights to IAH and even had some mainline flights.

It seems as if this airport is 10 years behind the curve. Yes it’ll serve the region for years to come, but they missed the BIG rush that occurred in the early to mid-2010s.


North Dakota oil production in 2018 was higher than at any time in the last 35 years, and 5x what it was 10 years ago. https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafH ... RFPND2&f=A
 
Chemist
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:46 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:21 pm

Maybe the people who helped manage the construction could help Berlin out. :rotfl:
 
mcg
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:49 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:29 pm

Chemist wrote:
Maybe the people who helped manage the construction could help Berlin out. :rotfl:


or Denver
 
Chemist
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:46 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:30 am

mcg wrote:
Chemist wrote:
Maybe the people who helped manage the construction could help Berlin out. :rotfl:


or Denver


Yes, Denver, too.
Still, Denver has a long, long way to go to equal anything like Berlin.
 
User avatar
ODwyerPW
Posts: 1571
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:30 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:18 am

United and Delta Flights arrived and departed today to and from the XWA (the new Williston Basin Airport). Good on them!
learning never stops.
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:37 am

KCaviator wrote:
The oil boom is nowhere near as relevant as it was a few years ago. IIRC, Williston at one point had flights to IAH and even had some mainline flights.

It seems as if this airport is 10 years behind the curve. Yes it’ll serve the region for years to come, but they missed the BIG rush that occurred in the early to mid-2010s.


MOT had/has the scheduled IAH flights, did ISN ever see them other than on a charter basis?
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:39 am

HPRamper wrote:
c3000flyboy wrote:
I'm sure that Allegiant will pop in there eventually. My family is from Estevan Saskatchewan just over the border and would prefer the drive to the Williston airport than to Regina.

I think Minot would come before Williston - much larger city than Williston and still pulls Bakken traffic. Williston is honestly not too far from BIS which detracts.


MOT detracts more than BIS I would imagine. Ever made the Williston to Bismarck drive? Especially in winter? Not a particularly quick, easy drive with the oil traffic. I hated the drive before the boom happened.
 
User avatar
T18
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:28 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:46 am

T18 wrote:
DakotaFlyer wrote:
Williston native scheduled to fly first flight into new airport. Kind of a cool story
shorturl.at/cloS5

Close but (assuming the LOF flight is on time) that will be the 2nd part 121 flight to arrive.


To follow up... LOF was late so Skywest won that race... by 6 hours.
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971
 
Q
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2000 10:29 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:09 am

ODwyerPW wrote:
United and Delta Flights arrived and departed today to and from the XWA (the new Williston Basin Airport). Good on them!


I checked with flightaware and flightradar24 do not recognize new airport code XWA. What's wrong with programmers not to updated live flights and current USA airports? Huh?

Q
 
hpff
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:20 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:30 am

Q wrote:
ODwyerPW wrote:
United and Delta Flights arrived and departed today to and from the XWA (the new Williston Basin Airport). Good on them!


I checked with flightaware and flightradar24 do not recognize new airport code XWA. What's wrong with programmers not to updated live flights and current USA airports? Huh?

Q


Airport databases update so infrequently it’s probably not even on their radar. Recommend sending them an email.
 
Q
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2000 10:29 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:26 am

Sorry, I don't have a subscriber to them.
Q
 
Chuska
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:52 am

For tys777, remark 42: Yes, ISN did have a United Express nonstop to IAH from Aug. 19, 2014 thru Apr. 4, 2016. It was an Embraer-145, probably ExpressJet.
 
User avatar
KLASM83
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:08 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:19 am

Great news for the Williston Basin. If/when the next oil boom goes up, they'll need something for NW ND and NE MT.

I'm sure the fine people of Williston will like not having jet noise over the town, either.
"The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability" -Edgar Allan Poe

Don't you want to hang out and waste your life with us?
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: New Airport Opens In Williston, North Dakota

Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:31 am

Chuska wrote:
For tys777, remark 42: Yes, ISN did have a United Express nonstop to IAH from Aug. 19, 2014 thru Apr. 4, 2016. It was an Embraer-145, probably ExpressJet.


Awesome. I remember the MOT service but didnt recall ISN having it. Hell of a long flight on a RJ.

Thanks for the info.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos