Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
PlaneMad134
Topic Author
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:59 am

Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:08 pm

Its been said on twitter Turkish will operate Istanbul-Vancouver route at 3x weekly on B787-9 next summer, this must be part of the expansion plans!
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2812
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:20 pm

PlaneMad134 wrote:
Its been said on twitter Turkish will operate Istanbul-Vancouver route at 3x weekly on B787-9 next summer, this must be part of the expansion plans!


Can you give a link to the Twitter?
 
lrop
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:05 pm

Re: Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:21 pm

Ishrion wrote:
PlaneMad134 wrote:
Its been said on twitter Turkish will operate Istanbul-Vancouver route at 3x weekly on B787-9 next summer, this must be part of the expansion plans!


Can you give a link to the Twitter?

https://twitter.com/AnalystTK/status/11 ... 6376269825
 
MoonC
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:26 am

Re: Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:22 pm

Ishrion wrote:
PlaneMad134 wrote:
Its been said on twitter Turkish will operate Istanbul-Vancouver route at 3x weekly on B787-9 next summer, this must be part of the expansion plans!


Can you give a link to the Twitter?


This is what he is referring to I believe. https://twitter.com/AnalystTK/status/1180916266376269825

Information taken from the Turkish aviation thread on this very forum: https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1432099#p21707263
 
PlaneMad134
Topic Author
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:59 am

Re: Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:28 pm

Thanks guys, was just about to give a link but yes taken from the twitter source.
 
Cunard
Posts: 2510
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:32 pm

PlaneMad134 wrote:
Thanks guys, was just about to give a link but yes taken from the twitter source.


As your aware when starting such a thread you should always provide a link to the source!

You have a habit of starting threads without providing a link to the source!
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
PlaneMad134
Topic Author
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:59 am

Re: Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:39 pm

My mistake Cunard sorry!
 
gokmengs
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:48 am

This route/rumor was also confirmed on the Turkish Aviation Thread by a poster that is a Director in Canadian Turkish Business Council, he has been a member for a long time and has been accurate. TK wanted this route for a long time, but the bilaterals with Canada doesn't allow it, and the officials behind the scenes have been working on getting more flights to Canada for a long time. I see this route being very successful even though its not daily and will probably never be daily.
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa
 
behramjee
Posts: 5080
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:56 am

Re: Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:13 am

gokmengs wrote:
This route/rumor was also confirmed on the Turkish Aviation Thread by a poster that is a Director in Canadian Turkish Business Council, he has been a member for a long time and has been accurate. TK wanted this route for a long time, but the bilaterals with Canada doesn't allow it, and the officials behind the scenes have been working on getting more flights to Canada for a long time. I see this route being very successful even though its not daily and will probably never be daily.


IST-YVR 3wk B789 will indeed see high loads but also low yields hence overall will be a big "net loss" making route for TK.

Main target markets will be leisure/VFR i.e. IKA, DXB, AMM, BEY, DEL, LHE, BOM, JNB, NBO, CAI, LOS and Eastern Europe via IST.
 
YYZORD
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:45 am

Why can't TK use a 777-300ER if the route is only 3x weekly, I'm sure they'll even get extra pax from Hawaii, SEA, and PDX.
 
upperdeckfan
Posts: 1065
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:59 am

Re: Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:16 am

behramjee wrote:
gokmengs wrote:
This route/rumor was also confirmed on the Turkish Aviation Thread by a poster that is a Director in Canadian Turkish Business Council, he has been a member for a long time and has been accurate. TK wanted this route for a long time, but the bilaterals with Canada doesn't allow it, and the officials behind the scenes have been working on getting more flights to Canada for a long time. I see this route being very successful even though its not daily and will probably never be daily.


IST-YVR 3wk B789 will indeed see high loads but also low yields hence overall will be a big "net loss" making route for TK.

Main target markets will be leisure/VFR i.e. IKA, DXB, AMM, BEY, DEL, LHE, BOM, JNB, NBO, CAI, LOS and Eastern Europe via IST.



TK's 789's are 30J/270Y, thus filing 90 J seats a week with STAR hubs at both ends doesn't seem difficult to me. To put it in perspective, LH/AC offer close to 1000 J seats a week on YVR-FRA/MUC alone.

I fly LH/AC FRA-YVR three or four times a year and always spot indian families (mainly elders) in J.
Last edited by upperdeckfan on Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
748,744,742,741,772,773,762,763,
764, 789, 732,733,735,737,738,739,
752, 722, 717,74M,DC10,DC9,M82,
M83, M87, M88,310,319,320,321,332,
333, 343, 346,359,388,L1011,CR2,
CR7, CR9,CRK, E175,E190,ATR42,
DSH8, CS1,CS3
 
behramjee
Posts: 5080
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:56 am

Re: Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:34 am

YYZORD wrote:
Why can't TK use a 777-300ER if the route is only 3x weekly, I'm sure they'll even get extra pax from Hawaii, SEA, and PDX.


Too expensive to use for a new long haul service when the B789 or A359 is much cheaper to operate plus they are rightly sized to match initial demand requirements.
 
gokmengs
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:50 am

Now its official. I would appreciate if the mods could change the thread title to (confirmed).
Thanks.
https://investor.turkishairlines.com/en ... isclosures
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa
 
HP69
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:04 pm

Re: Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:36 pm

Good for TK.
 
PacificWest
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 3:52 pm

Re: Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:31 am

Nice.

I will prob take this to connect to ATH, rather than go through LHR or the LH hubs.
 
gkirk
Posts: 23411
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2000 3:29 am

Re: Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:53 am

Cunard wrote:
PlaneMad134 wrote:
Thanks guys, was just about to give a link but yes taken from the twitter source.


As your aware when starting such a thread you should always provide a link to the source!

You have a habit of starting threads without providing a link to the source!


Dude, take a chill pill. Some of your replies in threads come across as angry and rather arrogant
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2812
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:12 pm

Now official: https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-us/n ... lease/?p=1

3x weekly from June 9.
 
alan3
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:56 pm

Surprised it's only being announced now, in February for start in June. A lot of overseas markets have already booked summer 2020 already
(FIY: A couple of other articles in English confirming it.
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/vancouv ... h-airlines
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... june-2020/)
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6999
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:03 am

Ishrion wrote:
Now official: https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-us/n ... lease/?p=1

3x weekly from June 9.


Do I read correctly? 90 minutes on the ground at YVR? What are they sending? A 737BBJ? I'm of course jocking but isn't it a bit tight just 90 minutes?
 
alan3
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Turkish Airlines to add Istanbul to Vancouver (rumour)

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:19 am

With no ME3 serving YVR they should be able to capture quite a bit of that connection traffic (esp to India, Pakistan, etc) that EK would otherwise get.

And yes I agree with above 90 mins turnaround for a 12 hour flight seems pretty quick!

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos