Ishrion
Topic Author

American Airlines Senior VP Of Customer Experience To Retire + Leadership Changes

Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:40 pm

http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/20 ... fault.aspx

So... not DP?

Operations/Commercial Realignment:
The following four leaders will assume responsibility for these teams and each individual will report to Isom:

David Seymour, Senior Vice President of Operations
Vasu Raja, Senior Vice President of Network Strategy
Don Casey, Senior Vice President of Revenue
Kurt Stache, Senior Vice President of Customer Experience

Is this the rumored shakeup of management? Will this have an effect on Project Oasis?

LAXintl

Re: American Airlines Senior VP Of Customer Experience To Retire + Leadership Changes

Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:47 pm

Basically changes are:

Out:
Kerry Philipovitch - SVP Customer Experience

Promotions:
David Seymour becomes SVP Ops (current VP integrated ops)
Vasu Raja becomes SVP Network Strategy (current VP planning)
Kurt Stache becomes SVP Customer Experience (current VP marketing, loyalty, sales)
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

Miamiairport

Re: American Airlines Senior VP Of Customer Experience To Retire + Leadership Changes

Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:53 pm

Notice nothing was said about the C level. Could this be (and not a definite) that certain C level officers are negotiating their severance packages. Notice the press release did not say whom the SVPs would report to.

OKCDCA

Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:54 pm

JonNYC touched on this on Twitter last night so I guess it’s finally official. Sounds like it’s a retire publicly but get fired privately situation. Maybe this will be good for AA, we all know the customer experience side of things needs a change. Unfortunately DP is still at the helm... Guess he needs his shares to rebound before bowing out.

apodino

Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:56 pm

Miamiairport wrote:
Notice nothing was said about the C level. Could this be (and not a definite) that certain C level officers are negotiating their severance packages. Notice the press release did not say whom the SVPs would report to.

The SVPs will all report to Isom according to an internal memo.

LAXintl

Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:01 pm

Miamiairport wrote:

Sure it does

With this announcement, American is realigning its Operations and Commercial teams around four key pillars of the business: Operations, Network Strategy, Revenue and Customer Experience. The following four leaders will assume responsibility for these teams and each individual will report to Isom:
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

drdisque

Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:55 pm

Vasu Raja has worked his entire career at AA, working his way all the way up from Analyst to SVP.

That's pretty unheard of these days.

Detroit313

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:01 pm

Vasu is a very smart guy. Good for him.

chepos

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:08 pm

In my opinion Vasu is excellent at what he does. Good call in promoting him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

WindyBaseball

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:15 pm

Detroit313 wrote:

Yeah just ask him and he’ll tell you.

You’ve clearly never worked with him. Often in error, never in doubt.

This move assured that AA won’t dig themselves out of the hole they’ve put themselves in.

But the good news for consumers is there will be cheap flights to whatever whimsical market he decides to start (and that fails) or whatever fringe airline he tries to run out of the market (KEF anyone).

People like Vasu because he’s an expert at manipulation, but I have been in meetings with him and I can tell you, his ideas range between awful and terrible. He embodies all the problems with AA culture. Cocksure, but completely misguided.

Dieuwer

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:20 pm

Shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.

#Sad.

NYCAAer

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:24 pm

Dieuwer wrote:

#Sad.

I was just going to post the very exact words and you beat me to it!

tphuang

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:29 pm

What can aa really do to turn around? I mean even if they can bring Ed Bastian or Scott Kirby in, would that turn things around at this point?

chepos

American Airlines Senior VP Of Customer Experience To Retire + Leadership Changes

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:43 pm

tphuang wrote:
What can aa really do to turn around? I mean even if they can bring Ed Bastian or Scott Kirby in, would that turn things around at this point?

I get that we Anetters are alarmist and a bit on the dramatic side, case in point some of the post on this thread. But being an observant of the airline industry as many of you are, have you not seen some of the extremely messy periods many airlines have been through and survived? Look at UA all through the 2000’s and up to a few years ago, look at DL the years leading into the BK. Look at the very turbulent years at CO. Even B6 which you tend to put on a pedestal has hit some rough and choppy air during their existence (eg, the lengthy tarmac delay fiasco and the fallout).

Fly the Flag!!!!

par13del

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:56 pm

Well AA already had their's right, they stripped all their assets and stockpiled cash to finance their Chpt.11, then decided to merge, so now we should be seeing them coming out strong like DL not UA, UA's experience was in Chpt.11....including CO....

Antarius

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:59 pm

WindyBaseball wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:

This move assured that AA won’t dig themselves out of the hole they’ve put themselves in.

But the good news for consumers is there will be cheap flights to whatever whimsical market he decides to start (and that fails) or whatever fringe airline he tries to run out of the market (KEF anyone).

People like Vasu because he’s an expert at manipulation, but I have been in meetings with him and I can tell you, his ideas range between awful and terrible. He embodies all the problems with AA culture. Cocksure, but completely misguided.

The vast majority of people here (including me) have never met Vasu Raja or could pick him out if we crossed paths on the street. Our opinions are based on what we see as the end result - over the last 5 years, AA has dramatically grown their network. Yes, some of the flights like KEF were reactionary (albeit successful) and some failed, like BLQ, but there appears to be a method to the madness here. This is dramatically different from whoever was responsible for Oasis and the other moves AA has made.

I get you don't like him - we just don't know. But his results seem to be leaps and bounds above the rest of AA's senior management.
2019: SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS DOH BLR KTM MFM MEX MSY BWI DEN

chepos

Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:07 pm

par13del wrote:
Well AA already had their's right, they stripped all their assets and stockpiled cash to finance their Chpt.11, then decided to merge, so now we should be seeing them coming out strong like DL not UA, UA's experience was in Chpt.11....including CO....

UA struggled through their merger with CO as well. Recall Jeff Smisek, the Dr Dao incident (which happened during the tenure of the current CEO, the integration cabin crew, etc, etc. With strong leadership today they seem to be turning a corner.

I Recall after the Dr Dao incidentUA was everyones favorite punching bag (on this site, in the media, etc)

Fly the Flag!!!!

TW787

Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:14 pm

This seems like an exercise just so when the Board asks Doug what the hell he is doing to solve the issues, he can point to this and say he's doing something.

WindyBaseball

Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:26 pm

Antarius wrote:
WindyBaseball wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:

The vast majority of people here (including me) have never met Vasu Raja or could pick him out if we crossed paths on the street. Our opinions are based on what we see as the end result - over the last 5 years, AA has dramatically grown their network. Yes, some of the flights like KEF were reactionary (albeit successful) and some failed, like BLQ, but there appears to be a method to the madness here. This is dramatically different from whoever was responsible for Oasis and the other moves AA has made.

I get you don't like him - we just don't know. But his results seem to be leaps and bounds above the rest of AA's senior management.

That’s the exact problem with Vasu. He chases highly visible projects. What big network pieces have come out of DL’s network planning recently? It’s not exotic destinations, it’s taking what already works and expanding on it. AA chases the Bologna and Casablancas of the world while DL builds a hub in Seattle and now Boston.

The job of a network planning leader is to build a profitable network, not just one that goes to sexy places that people on a.net or flyertalk talk about. It’s no surprise how DL and UA have outperformed AA, it’s largely network strength, not customer service.

tphuang

Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:38 pm

chepos wrote:
tphuang wrote:

I get that we Anetters are alarmist and a bit on the dramatic side, case in point some of the post on this thread. But being an observant of the airline industry as many of you are, have you not seen some of the extremely messy periods many airlines have been through and survived? Look at UA all through the 2000’s and up to a few years ago, look at DL the years leading into the BK. Look at the very turbulent years at CO. Even B6 which you tend to put on a pedestal has hit some rough and choppy air during their existence (eg, the lengthy tarmac delay fiasco and the fallout).

Sorry, I wasn't saying that to knock aa, but it seems to me turning things around isn't as simple as firing Doug Parker as some have suggested here. I would say b6 has its own set of problems which in some ways are just as challenging. Not everyone has nice fortress hubs with no competition like delta does. At current time, whoever could replace Doug Parker would have a lot of tough choices to make.

Miamiairport

Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:43 pm

DL has ATL but other hubs are either very competitive markets (like NYC) or smaller O&D markets. AA has hubs in major cities. Over the years they've been chased off routes by DL and B6. They've forced the network down to solely mainline hub flying with a couple of exceptions. Meanwhile DL has exploited the use of focus cities.

catiii

Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:45 pm

WindyBaseball wrote:
Antarius wrote:
WindyBaseball wrote:

That’s the exact problem with Vasu. He chases highly visible projects. What big network pieces have come out of DL’s network planning recently? It’s not exotic destinations, it’s taking what already works and expanding on it. AA chases the Bologna and Casablancas of the world while DL builds a hub in Seattle and now Boston.

The job of a network planning leader is to build a profitable network, not just one that goes to sexy places that people on a.net or flyertalk talk about. It’s no surprise how DL and UA have outperformed AA, it’s largely network strength, not customer service.

Well put. DL and UA chase the exotics too BUT they do it from a position of network strength. AA’s network is a mess. Random Boston adds, schizophrenia in JFK, a faltering alliance...he hasn’t knocked it out of the park.

usairways787

Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:15 pm

Good start, let's keep going.

PhilMcCrackin

Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:32 pm

Dieuwer wrote:

#Sad.

Hate to disappoint, but as long as they're making annual profits in the billions with another $7B hanging around in current assets, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

I do think DP and the current leadership team need to go, but there's no need to be overdramatic about it.

Antarius

Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:32 pm

WindyBaseball wrote:
Antarius wrote:
WindyBaseball wrote:

When AA does non-sexy things like build up CLT - people complain too. Moving away from loss leading routes like ORD-Asia and some in JFK are non-sexy moves that were long overdue.

Do you feel these were bad moves? (Curious to hear your opinions)
2019: SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS DOH BLR KTM MFM MEX MSY BWI DEN

Art at ISP

Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:36 pm

Until everyone who worked for HP/US is gone, little will change. That whole corporate culture of "the employee and the customers are the enemy" and stepping over dollars to pick up pennies has to change. D0ug and his team should read Gordon Bethune's book "From Worst to First" again and again to see how it's done.

MSPNWA

Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:43 pm

IMO, these changes wouldn't even make the news if it wasn't AA at its current time. It's a minor change at most that happens regularly at companies. But since people are salivating at the perception that the current leadership is the problem, any change is a big deal.

catiii wrote:
Well put. DL and UA chase the exotics too BUT they do it from a position of network strength. AA’s network is a mess. Random Boston adds, schizophrenia in JFK, a faltering alliance...he hasn’t knocked it out of the park.

Agreed, but having a high-cost structure will make the network and network team appear disappointing. It's much more difficult to create a strong network when the margin to play with is less. Side projects like BOS and JFK have to be axed. AA doesn't have the structure to tolerate either straight up losses or opportunity cost losses in strategic areas.

wenders825

Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:44 pm

WindyBaseball wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:

alright, let's bring this up to all five of your posts now:

wenders825 wrote:
WindyBaseball wrote:
LAL is smart. They know where the biggest ego in network planning is (and worst actual network planning knowledge). That's the one most likely to start something as silly as LAL. DL wouldn't sniff this ever, meanwhile I'm sure AA is dying to serve it to squat on gates in DFW.

all three of your posts are direct attacks on Vasu Raja. what do you have against him? he bully you in high school?

CLT-LAL would be fine and a near effortless service for AA. if they have had success with places like DAB, TOL, etc there's no reason this won't do well

OB1504

Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:48 pm

chepos wrote:
par13del wrote:

UA struggled through their merger with CO as well. Recall Jeff Smisek, the Dr Dao incident (which happened during the tenure of the current CEO, the integration cabin crew, etc, etc. With strong leadership today they seem to be turning a corner.

I Recall after the Dr Dao incidentUA was everyones favorite punching bag (on this site, in the media, etc)

I wonder how much Scott Kirby had to do with United’s turnaround. After he left, United started recovering and AA started getting even worse.

PhilMcCrackin wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

#Sad.

Hate to disappoint, but as long as they're making annual profits in the billions with another $7B hanging around in current assets, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

I do think DP and the current leadership team need to go, but there's no need to be overdramatic about it.

Is it too much to ask for AA to be an airline that people actually enjoy flying on?

NYCAAer

Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:54 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
IMO, these changes wouldn't even make the news if it wasn't AA at its current time. It's a minor change at most that happens regularly at companies. But since people are salivating at the perception that the current leadership is the problem, any change is a big deal.

catiii wrote:

Agreed, but having a high-cost structure will make the network and network team appear disappointing. It's much more difficult to create a strong network when the margin to play with is less. Side projects like BOS and JFK have to be axed. AA doesn't have the structure to tolerate either straight up losses or opportunity cost losses in strategic areas.

However, what remains at BOS and JFK is profitable. To cede what’s left wouldn’t offer a network that might be attractive to business fliers. The problem is the current management has no clue what potential JFK had, when it was supposed to be a “cornerstone” hub during the previous management’s strategy. Yes, the BOS and NYC markets are highly competitive and there’s a lot of low fares, but the higher paying business travelers make up for the cheaper fares and then some. That’s why Delta is going after these markets, with their customer-oriented service. When passengers aren’t happy about something at DL, DL listens and works to make the customer satisfied. At AA, the complaints fall on deaf ears and the management just comes up with a reason why they’re going to continue doing the same things that made the customer unhappy in the first place. The biggest problem at AA is that it’s an opportunity lost from something that had a lot of potential.

SteelChair

Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:59 pm

TW787 wrote:
This seems like an exercise just so when the Board asks Doug what the hell he is doing to solve the issues, he can point to this and say he's doing something.

I agree with this assessment. Who was it that said never mistake motion for action?

UpNAWAy

Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:01 pm

WindyBaseball wrote:
Antarius wrote:
WindyBaseball wrote:

He has cut a lot of longtime money losers that caused great concern on A.Net. He is absolutely building a profitable network and he is willing to take some risk too. Nothing in your post is accurate.

MSPNWA

Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:37 pm

NYCAAer wrote:
However, what remains at BOS and JFK is profitable. To cede what’s left wouldn’t offer a network that might be attractive to business fliers. The problem is the current management has no clue what potential JFK had, when it was supposed to be a “cornerstone” hub during the previous management’s strategy. Yes, the BOS and NYC markets are highly competitive and there’s a lot of low fares, but the higher paying business travelers make up for the cheaper fares and then some. That’s why Delta is going after these markets, with their customer-oriented service. When passengers aren’t happy about something at DL, DL listens and works to make the customer satisfied. At AA, the complaints fall on deaf ears and the management just comes up with a reason why they’re going to continue doing the same things that made the customer unhappy in the first place. The biggest problem at AA is that it’s an opportunity lost from something that had a lot of potential.

But is the rest profitable/profitable enough to continue operations? Is it worth resources to chase or retain a "network" passenger even if at their "home" base it doesn't lend itself to profitability? Do you think it's "customer-orientated" to give your premium customers an inferior J product, no F product, and no premium lounge? I have to chuckle at the notion that DL listens to its unsatisfied customers. AA's problems are more on the cost side. Positive product changes won't directly help that.

DL thinks it can afford to subsidize the likes of JFK and BOS with profits from their fortress hubs. Good for them. It doesn't make it the right decision for them or AA.

NYCAAer

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:12 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
NYCAAer wrote:

But is the rest profitable/profitable enough to continue operations? Is it worth resources to chase or retain a "network" passenger even if at their "home" base it doesn't lend itself to profitability? Do you think it's "customer-orientated" to give your premium customers an inferior J product, no F product, and no premium lounge? I have to chuckle at the notion that DL listens to its unsatisfied customers. AA's problems are more on the cost side. Positive product changes won't directly help that.

DL thinks it can afford to subsidize the likes of JFK and BOS with profits from their fortress hubs. Good for them. It doesn't make it the right decision for them or AA.

I’m a bit confused by your post. Inferior J product, no F product and no premium lounge? AA is using 777s exclusively out of JFK, which offer a fairly competitive product. No F product? AA is the only airline that has a true first class anymore, on the transcons, to LHR and GRU, the markets that warrant it. No premium lounge? JFK was the first station to get a revamped Flagship Lounge and Flagship Dining.

DL has a decent J product, the Delta One suites will be offered out of JFK next month, and the Sky Club is a nice lounge with its Sky Deck. Both airlines aren’t going after the basic economy fares with those amenities. The corporate contracts out of New York are the most lucrative in the country.

WindyBaseball

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:19 pm

wenders825 wrote:
WindyBaseball wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:

wenders825 wrote:
WindyBaseball wrote:
LAL is smart. They know where the biggest ego in network planning is (and worst actual network planning knowledge). That's the one most likely to start something as silly as LAL. DL wouldn't sniff this ever, meanwhile I'm sure AA is dying to serve it to squat on gates in DFW.

all three of your posts are direct attacks on Vasu Raja. what do you have against him? he bully you in high school?

CLT-LAL would be fine and a near effortless service for AA. if they have had success with places like DAB, TOL, etc there's no reason this won't do well

He’s single handedly leading the effort to get people fired for posting things online. You don’t think I would take precautions to protect myself when I am speaking openly?

WindyBaseball

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:25 pm

UpNAWAy wrote:
WindyBaseball wrote:
Antarius wrote:

He has cut a lot of longtime money losers that caused great concern on A.Net. He is absolutely building a profitable network and he is willing to take some risk too. Nothing in your post is accurate.

Do you work at AA? Have you seen the numbers? The routes that were cut were no brainers but still plenty more to go. Just wait for the aircraft cancels to come in soon.

VS11

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:29 pm

If AA has any issues, it is because of slow pace, not wrong strategy. Their thinking is correct but the pace is kinda slow. The MAX situation did not help either even though others got affected as well.

alasizon

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:06 am

LAXintl wrote:
Basically changes are:

Out:

Promotions:
Kurt Stache becomes SVP Customer Experience (current VP marketing, loyalty, sales)

So the question becomes, where does Devon May go who is the current SVP of Network Strategy?

For Don Casey and Kurt, this is no actual promotion other than maybe expanded areas of oversight.

EDIT: Courtesy of Skift, someone posted the internal jetwire that has better details.
https://3rxg9qea18zhtl6s2u8jammft-wpeng ... Letter.pdf
Last edited by alasizon on Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manager on Duty & Tower Planner

catiii

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:10 am

alasizon wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
Basically changes are:

Out:

Promotions:

So the question becomes, where does Devon May go who is the current SVP of Network Strategy?

For Don Casey and Kurt, this is no actual promotion other than maybe expanded areas of oversight.

It’s in the press release where Devon is going...

“In addition, Devon May has been named to the new role of Senior Vice President of American Eagle and Operations Planning. May will have responsibility for American’s regional operation and will lead the airline’s operations planning teams”

catiii

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:11 am

WindyBaseball wrote:
wenders825 wrote:
WindyBaseball wrote:

wenders825 wrote:

He’s single handedly leading the effort to get people fired for posting things online. You don’t think I would take precautions to protect myself when I am speaking openly?

Maybe he should worry a little less about trying to be Corporate Security and more about Network. He hasn’t been good at either.

JonNYC

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:18 am

WindyBaseball wrote:
...He’s single handedly leading the effort to get people fired for posting things online.

What a utterly wacky thing to claim-- calls into very serious question your other statements.

WindyBaseball

Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:18 am

JonNYC wrote:
WindyBaseball wrote:
...He’s single handedly leading the effort to get people fired for posting things online.

What a utterly wacky thing to claim-- calls into very serious question your other statements.

Oh yeah? Who do you think got your Aadvantage source fired for taking a picture of that PowerPoint with the changes, Jon?

Vasu is the one who is actively trying to figure out who is leaking things to you yourself. It’s pretty ironic. Two have already been fired.

bourbon

Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:42 am

tphuang wrote:

Kirby is god awful. Keep him away from AA. Anyone that has ever been in the PHX C - Suite or Northwest that didn’t make the cut in the Delta Merger should never be allowed to hold an executive level airline position.

questions

Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:47 am

SVP, Customer Experience at AA sounds like a pretty cushy job. With Operating Philosophy #1, The Customer Is The Enemy and Operating Philosophy #2, The Customer Is Not Willing To Pay For It, the role’s only objective is to win the race to the bottom.

This guy will be working T2T... Tuesday to Thursday, Ten to Twelve.

Sydscott

Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:49 am

LAXintl wrote:
Basically changes are:

Out:

Promotions:

Probably a good thing for the SVP of Customer Experience to leave AA given the number of problems AA has namely:

- Inconsistent configuration of aircraft;
- Different long haul business class products with no plan to standardise the experience;
- Botched Oasis conversion;
- A densification strategy that appears to be backfiring in terms of consumer expectations.

If AA wants to start resolving some issues then focusing on a consistent customer experience is a godo place to start and they can't do that under the leadership that they've had there.

questions

Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:02 am

NYCAAer wrote:
The corporate contracts out of New York are the most lucrative in the country.

Is this based on publicly available data or anecdotal. Not disputing it; I’d be interested in seeing the top ten.

juliuswong

Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:18 am

Is Glenn Tilton is active in corporate world?
- Life is a journey, travel it well -

apodino

Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:27 am

juliuswong wrote:
Is Glenn Tilton is active in corporate world?

Oh lord, please don't let him join AA. Jeff Smisek took a lot of the blame for things that happened at United, and rightly so, but a lot of the issues that Smisek dealt with were because of things that Glenn Tilton did. Glenn Tilton is the reason United still runs a more RJ centered domestic business than the others. Glenn Tilton was the brainchild behind Ted that flopped. There was no morale at all under Tilton.

N649DL

Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:23 am

Art at ISP wrote:
Until everyone who worked for HP/US is gone, little will change. That whole corporate culture of "the employee and the customers are the enemy" and stepping over dollars to pick up pennies has to change. D0ug and his team should read Gordon Bethune's book "From Worst to First" again and again to see how it's done.

Gordon is almost 80 years old and is basically senile. Operating from a 25 year old playbook isn't realistic either. If you wanna replace Doug with Gordon expect a nightmare.

And Tilton Vs. Smisek? Jesus Christ Tilton was dragged into Chicago to clean UAL during BK and was ready for a marriage and Smisek royally screwed that up. Tilton is a saint by comparison.

Im noticing this forum seems to be overly critical of AA management but more or less gives a pass to UAL. And that company in my eyes has really f'ed up a lot over the last few years and yet still get a pass despite how aloof Oscar and Kirby are.

Art at ISP

Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:55 am

Kirby is no prize, and I agree that UA is a mess too, but they are trying and making small moves in the right direction. While Gordon may be old, he is by no means senile, and his principles are timeless: take care of the employees, empower them to help customers. Happy customers will come back, making for happy investors. Ignoring the first two and concentrating on the investors means disaster, as D0ug has proven over and over again. Death by 1000 cuts is still death. Employees and customers are assets, not liabilities.
Why do you think DL just announced record earnings?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos