Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

The Embraer E190-E2 was named Project of the Year by the Project Management Institute

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:18 am

Source: https://airinsight.com/embraer-honored- ... r-e190-e2/

Excerpts:

"The Embraer E190-E2 was named Project of the Year by the Project Management Institute. The Project of the Year award recognizes a large and complex program that best delivers superior performance in project management practices, superior organizational results, and positive impacts on society."

"PMI described the E190-E2 as an extremely complex program, with a virtually new airplane, new production system, a more connected airplane, with additional customer support and a global supply chain spread throughout the US, Brazil, Europe and Asia. They also cited Embraer’s performance in bringing a new family of commercial aircraft to the market on schedule and on budget while at the same time exceeding several performance targets."

We down here are very proud of it !!!

Congratulations to all team !!!

airtran737

Re: The Embraer E190-E2 was named Project of the Year by the Project Management Institute

Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:01 am

Too bad they can’t get significant orders for their project
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

Jomar777

Re: The Embraer E190-E2 was named Project of the Year by the Project Management Institute

Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:38 am

Sorry for my ignorance but what kind of award is this? In my line of work, you actually can PAY for certain awards (which are given based on the amount of contribution you give rather than the merits alone).
SKYTRAX is also another well know award which tends to be considered unreliable.

Not saying that the E2-190 does not deserve the award - it is a great project although not having sold much so far. But I do not recognize the award granted.

scbriml

Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:23 am

airtran737 wrote:

But the project was brilliantly executed. :rotfl:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

SheikhDjibouti

Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:34 am

Congratulations indeed!
Although it is slightly worrying when a professional standards organisation allows such a basic spelling mistake.

In the context of the aviation industry, maybe "projet" was an example of parapraxis?

Nothing to see here; move along please.

raylee67

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:58 pm

That project team needs to be moved to Seattle then. Boeing needs them there.
319/20/21 332/33 342/43/45 359/51 388 707 717 732/36/3G/38/39 74R/42/43/44/4E/48 757 762/63 772/7L/73/7W 788/89 D10 M80 135/40/45 175/90 DH1/4 CRJ/R7 L10
AY LH OU SR BA FI LX
AA DL UA NW AC CP WS FL NK PD
CI NH SQ KA CX JL BR OZ TG KE CA CZ NZ JQ RS

gatibosgru

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:45 pm

scbriml wrote:
airtran737 wrote:

There are some projects that sold fairly well but were executed horribly, not sure anyone should be laughing here.
@DadCelo

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:46 pm

airtran737 wrote:

Time will tell ...

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:48 pm

Jomar777 wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance but what kind of award is this? In my line of work, you actually can PAY for certain awards (which are given based on the amount of contribution you give rather than the merits alone).
SKYTRAX is also another well know award which tends to be considered unreliable.

Not saying that the E2-190 does not deserve the award - it is a great project although not having sold much so far. But I do not recognize the award granted.

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_M ... _Institute

Excerpt:

The PMI serves more than 2.9 million professionals including over 500,000 members in 208 countries and territories around the world, with 300 chapters and 10,000 volunteers serving local members in over 80 countries.

Its services include the development of standards, research, education, publication, networking-opportunities in local chapters, hosting conferences and training seminars, and providing accreditation in project management.

PMI has recruited volunteers to create industry standards, such as "A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge", which has been recognized by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). In 2012 ISO adapted the project management processes from the PMBOK Guide 4th edition.

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:49 pm

gatibosgru wrote:
scbriml wrote:
airtran737 wrote:

There are some projects that sold fairly well but were executed horribly, not sure anyone should be laughing here.

Let him laugh ... who cares ???

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:56 pm

raylee67 wrote:

It will be the other way around: part of Boeing has bags packed for SJK in Brazil.

In January 2020 the 15,000 employees in SJK and BHZ will go on collective vacations to separate the units:
- Faria Lima unit in SJK will be part of the Boeing Brasil Company;
- Eurgenio de Melo units in SJK, Botucatu and Gavião Peixoto - GPX will be part of the current Embraer.

The staff of each unit is already defined for Boeing and Embraer. This is the reason for the collective vacation: allocation of physical units and staff ...

LegoAir

Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:09 pm

raylee67 wrote:

Totally agree.

And Boeing should fire Embraer entire sales force team. The E2 sales are ridiculous. One of the biggest business failures of all time.

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:09 am

LegoAir wrote:
raylee67 wrote:

Totally agree.

And Boeing should fire Embraer entire sales force team. The E2 sales are ridiculous. One of the biggest business failures of all time.

Pardon me to disagree.
Sales are in full steam but the agreements are stalled waiting for better conditions till JV Boeing-Embraer, aka Boeing Brasil Co., is finalized ...

LegoAir

Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:48 am

EMBSPBR wrote:
LegoAir wrote:
raylee67 wrote:

Totally agree.

Pardon me to disagree.
Sales are in full steam but the agreements are stalled waiting for better conditions till JV Boeing-Embraer, aka Boeing Brasil Co., is finalized ...

I'm sorry, but as an Embraer fan, I am fed up with all excuses Embraer executives have given during the last years to justify the E2 weak sales.

When the E2 program was launched a few years ago, I expected it to be a bestseller. It is disappointing to realize that I was wrong and that today Embraer is selling its commercial division to Boeing, being limited to defense and executive aircraft.

Even though I'm not Brazilian, I'm very sad about what is happening with Embraer.

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:29 am

LegoAir wrote:
EMBSPBR wrote:
LegoAir wrote:

Totally agree.

Pardon me to disagree.

I'm sorry, but as an Embraer fan, I am fed up with all excuses Embraer executives have given during the last years to justify the E2 weak sales.

When the E2 program was launched a few years ago, I expected it to be a bestseller. It is disappointing to realize that I was wrong and that today Embraer is selling its commercial division to Boeing, being limited to defense and executive aircraft.

Even though I'm not Brazilian, I'm very sad about what is happening with Embraer.

As an insider, I have to say this is a case of to survive with 20% on the JV or to let die with 100% ...

UE wants "to make sure that mergers in commercial aircraft do not significantly reduce effective competition on prices and product development .."

Funny is, they did not had the same concern when some industry bought a full program for mere US$ 1,00 and start to crush prices ...

Do you got when I say is to survive or let die ???

LegoAir

Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:11 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
LegoAir wrote:
EMBSPBR wrote:

Pardon me to disagree.

As an insider, I have to say this is a case of to survive with 20% on the JV or to let die with 100% ...

UE wants "to make sure that mergers in commercial aircraft do not significantly reduce effective competition on prices and product development .."

Funny is, they did not had the same concern when some industry bought a full program for mere US$ 1,00 and start to crush prices ...

Dear EMBSPBR, more and more excuses. Please, consider the following excuses suggestion:
- Trade war between China and USA
- Macron does not like Brazil
- Brazilian president, Bolsonarro, is disturbing the E2 sales
- The passengers prefer the middle seat from the A220
- The Amazon rain forest in burning
- Brazil has not won a World cup since 2002
- Messi is better than Neymar

VC10er

Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:54 pm

I get really sad when there is a GOOD AND POSITIVE posting of something anywhere, on any platform, on any topic and the first handful of comments are cynical people who just love the drop a turd in the punchbowl. Lately I have just stopped reading Instagram and others because of the vitriol.
I know Embraer well. I have worked closely with Embraer and the development team to launch the Executive Jet line and the Phenom. Of the hundreds of clients I have worked with in my 35+ years, the folks at Embraer were not just lovely people, they were wickedly smart, extremely passionate, dedicated to perfection and were open, transparent and OBJECTIVE when they were reflecting on themselves, their strengths and weaknesses. Honest and fearless to face their shortcomings and FIX them. I couldn't have more respect for them and I have had many clients in the US and EU who were far more screwed up, political and disorganized.

I don't know why Macron does not like Brazil. France has had to apologize in the past for making very insulting remarks about Brazil. I cannot recall which French President said "Brazil is not a real country" - it was extremely hurtful and he had to sincerely apologize, especially because the French love Brazil and Brazilians, and love their style and free love of the good things in life.

I don't know enough why the E2 did not sell as they were expected. Here on A.net I keep hearing about scope clauses not allowing for anything bigger than a E175. But I for one would be very happy to see the US3 flying the E2-195, very comfortable and beautiful aircraft.
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:13 pm

LegoAir wrote:
EMBSPBR wrote:
LegoAir wrote:

Dear EMBSPBR, more and more excuses. Please, consider the following excuses suggestion:
- Trade war between China and USA
- Macron does not like Brazil
- Brazilian president, Bolsonarro, is disturbing the E2 sales
- The passengers prefer the middle seat from the A220
- The Amazon rain forest in burning
- Brazil has not won a World cup since 2002
- Messi is better than Neymar

I am you sorry for you as you feel disapointed ... many of us are too ...
However, this industry is more complex, how may I say, than just produce and selling Lego’s blocks ...

When Airbus gambled on A380, Boeing went to a different way ... and they were right as time passed prove it ...
Last edited by EMBSPBR on Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:16 pm

VC10er wrote:
I get really sad when there is a GOOD AND POSITIVE posting of something anywhere, on any platform, on any topic and the first handful of comments are cynical people who just love the drop a turd in the punchbowl. Lately I have just stopped reading Instagram and others because of the vitriol.
I know Embraer well. I have worked closely with Embraer and the development team to launch the Executive Jet line and the Phenom. Of the hundreds of clients I have worked with in my 35+ years, the folks at Embraer were not just lovely people, they were wickedly smart, extremely passionate, dedicated to perfection and were open, transparent and OBJECTIVE when they were reflecting on themselves, their strengths and weaknesses. Honest and fearless to face their shortcomings and FIX them. I couldn't have more respect for them and I have had many clients in the US and EU who were far more screwed up, political and disorganized.

I don't know why Macron does not like Brazil. France has had to apologize in the past for making very insulting remarks about Brazil. I cannot recall which French President said "Brazil is not a real country" - it was extremely hurtful and he had to sincerely apologize, especially because the French love Brazil and Brazilians, and love their style and free love of the good things in life.

I don't know enough why the E2 did not sell as they were expected. Here on A.net I keep hearing about scope clauses not allowing for anything bigger than a E175. But I for one would be very happy to see the US3 flying the E2-195, very comfortable and beautiful aircraft.

Thanks for you words ...

We down here appreciate a lot you respect...

lightsaber

Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:49 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
VC10er wrote:

Thanks for you words ...

Embraer executes. No doubt on that. Their interface control documents are the best in the industry, obviously in my opinion.

What they need is sales to apply that discipline to production.

Lightsaber
I cannot wait to get vaccinated to live again! Warning: I simulated that it takes 50%+ vaccinated to protect the vaccinated and 75%+ vaccinated to protect the vac-hesitant.

kaminari

Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:47 am

PR-ZIQ (Profit Hunter Circuit Livery) is at FLL right now after spending time in Toronto and Las Vegas. This is the second time they've come here to court a certain local airline.
I'm not sure how they would look in bright yellow. :scratchchin:

Jomar777

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:15 am

EMBSPBR wrote:
VC10er wrote:

Thanks for you words ...

I think those above are a really great point.

for your information, the President that questioned whether Brazil was a serious country was Charles de Gaulle - the very same that opposed the Uk joining what would be the EEA (pre-EU). French Politicians tend to comit faut-pas like this (Jacques Chirac was found to crtiticize British cuisine just on the eve of the award of the Summer Olympics 2012 - which went to London rather than Paris).

I do not know whether Charles de Gaulle really apologized to Brazil for this comments.

I wold suggest we parking politics aside because, specifically with Macron, we would go a long way given he seems to try to redefine France's overall position in the World. I leave for any French based colleague here to coerrect me and add more.

Specifically on the E2, I would say that it is not excuses that can be applied for the lack of sales but pure facts. The same ones already disclosed several times. Scope on the American Market, huge success of the E1 Series, the drastic change onthe market with the BBD's demise in the benefit of Airbus and the delay and lack of clarity in regards to the tie up with Boeing.

It is a great project but it came at the wrong time given the turmoil created by BBD's C-Series demise and its conversion in what is now the A220. The US scope is making the E175 one of the best selling aircrafts in the US for that range but does not allow anything to fit on that. The E2-195 positions Embraer on the same bracket as the A319 (where Embraer never been...) and the E2-190 is still being certified.

I would suggest a bit of patience for the market to settle. Because of the Airbus tie up, I do believe a lot of A220s will be sold but, as KLM proved, this does not means the end of the E2. With the tie-up with Boeing completed, and the MAX issues behind, they will get plenty of attention and sales too.

GmvAfcs

Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:07 am

Leeham has a series of analyses comparing the E2-195 with A220-300 and they are much more closer than many here believes. The E2 problem is not technical, it is marketing. Airbus sales team are superb and know how to market the A220 much better then Embraer.

Amiga500

Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:18 am

lightsaber wrote:
Embraer executes. No doubt on that. Their interface control documents are the best in the industry, obviously in my opinion.

Yep - Embraer have for a long time been the best at executing any project of any major airframer.

Zero doubt on that.

Unfortunately, it seems airlines do have doubts about where the E175-E2 will fit in. Without the benefit of scale provided by it in the US RJ market, the rest of the line is struggling to stand on its own feet at the moment.

lightsaber

Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:49 pm

GmvAfcs wrote:
Leeham has a series of analyses comparing the E2-195 with A220-300 and they are much more closer than many here believes. The E2 problem is not technical, it is marketing. Airbus sales team are superb and know how to market the A220 much better then Embraer.

Yet the E170/175 and E-190/195 sold very well. These are sophisticated customers. They buy for the business case.

Bombardier sold to DL, AirBaltic, and a few others. While Airbus has sold, it has been on aftermarket support and PiPs.

One can never stop selling. Boeing taking over the 717 didn't help. I think as the E2 has more of its own space, Boeing will sell better. But the main benefit will be PiPs, mostly on the software side, and parts/support.

Economy of scale plays a role. I am of the opinion that a hundred per year is the minimum viable scale.

Airbus is trying to reduce costs 20% per A220. I think they can do it. Hopefully Boeing puts in a cost reduction effort.

Since Leeham is restricted and I refuse to give an email, what is the summary. What mission length is the E2 superior?

We know Embraer can execute.

Lightsaber
I cannot wait to get vaccinated to live again! Warning: I simulated that it takes 50%+ vaccinated to protect the vaccinated and 75%+ vaccinated to protect the vac-hesitant.

GmvAfcs

Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:50 pm

lightsaber wrote:
GmvAfcs wrote:

Yet the E170/175 and E-190/195 sold very well. These are sophisticated customers. They buy for the business case.

Bombardier sold to DL, AirBaltic, and a few others. While Airbus has sold, it has been on aftermarket support and PiPs.

One can never stop selling. Boeing taking over the 717 didn't help. I think as the E2 has more of its own space, Boeing will sell better. But the main benefit will be PiPs, mostly on the software side, and parts/support.

Economy of scale plays a role. I am of the opinion that a hundred per year is the minimum viable scale.

Airbus is trying to reduce costs 20% per A220. I think they can do it. Hopefully Boeing puts in a cost reduction effort.

Since Leeham is restricted and I refuse to give an email, what is the summary. What mission length is the E2 superior?

Lightsaber

The E2 is better for the same routes operated by the 195E1. The A220-300 is better for longer routes (30% greater than E1). But E2 maintenance costs are lower (A checks are 1000 FH against 850 FH from A220) and crew costs are lower as well. The 195E2 has lower seat-mile fuel consumption than A220-300, and lower trip costs due to lower weight. Therefore, the A220 is more flexible, but there is a price to pay for this flexibility.

Faro

Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:14 pm

Congratulations to Embraer on excellence in its E2 project management...up to their sales team now to emulate their engineering brethren...and don’t mind the hecklers...A.net wouldn’t be A.net without them...

Faro
The chalice not my son

lightsaber

Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:48 pm

GmvAfcs wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
GmvAfcs wrote:

Lightsaber

The E2 is better for the same routes operated by the 195E1. The A220-300 is better for longer routes (30% greater than E1). But E2 maintenance costs are lower (A checks are 1000 FH against 850 FH from A220) and crew costs are lower as well. The 195E2 has lower seat-mile fuel consumption than A220-300, and lower trip costs due to lower weight. Therefore, the A220 is more flexible, but there is a price to pay for this flexibility.

The numbers I've seen have the A220-300 having a lower seat Mike fuel cost for 2+ hour missions. What mission did Leeham use? What seat density? There are aircraft excellent for certain seat configurations. If the E2-195 indeed has lower maintenance,,
Fuel burn per seat, and pilot costs, sales would reflect that. I've read the A220-100 has a slightly higher fuel burn per passenger than the E2-195. The opposite for the -300.

As I alluded above, use the excellent planning skills to make production efficient. But that takes economy of scale. At least a hundred per year.

Lightsaber

GmvAfcs

Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:57 pm

lightsaber wrote:
GmvAfcs wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

The numbers I've seen have the A220-300 having a lower seat Mike fuel cost for 2+ hour missions. What mission did Leeham use? What seat density? There are aircraft excellent for certain seat configurations. If the E2-195 indeed has lower maintenance,,
Fuel burn per seat, and pilot costs, sales would reflect that. I've read the A220-100 has a slightly higher fuel burn per passenger than the E2-195. The opposite for the -300.

As I alluded above, use the excellent planning skills to make production efficient. But that takes economy of scale. At least a hundred per year.

Lightsaber

He uses a typical 800 nm mission. E2 has lower drag and lower weight than A220-300.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos