jetsetterusa
Topic Author

The announcement of DFW-TLV timing.. why?

Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:13 pm

I hope this makes sense so please forgive me if it does not... I found it odd that when AA announced that they will be flying DFW-TLV they made the start date WAY further out than normal... Is there a reason behind it? Is is because they don't have the AC yet till Sept or is it political/law to make is so far out for TLV?
Crazy Day Tripper

Varsity1

Re: The announcement of DFW-TLV timing.. why?

Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:37 pm

Trying to drum up corporate clients (contracts) in a corporate market.

Most of AA's previous intl flights are seasonal tourist type. No need to call around for corporate contracts on those.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

sargester

Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:55 pm

Its a new market for them theoretically, you have to give those routes lots of time to build up sales and contracts wise and its big for AA to return to Israel even if its not on a daily basis

FSDan

Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:34 pm

I think they just wanted the 2020 international expansion announcement to be even bigger/more press-worthy, so they threw this one in with the other routes starting earlier in the summer.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

MIflyer12

Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:36 pm

jetsetterusa wrote:
I hope this makes sense so please forgive me if it does not... I found it odd...

How far in advance should a new international route be announced? Please outline your logic.

Aeroflot777

Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:53 pm

Would make sense to include some more information in your post when asking the question. When is the announced date, the timing of which you are bothered by?

adamh8297

Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:30 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
Trying to drum up corporate clients (contracts) in a corporate market.

Most of AA's previous intl flights are seasonal tourist type. No need to call around for corporate contracts on those.

TLV has a lot of business and VFR to USA (NYC, SFO, BOS) but there's a LOT of Christian tourism to Israel and I wouldn't be surprised if these are booked far in advance.

One example: https://www.americaisraeltours.com/chri ... rs-israel/
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

HP69

Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:34 pm

It gives them time to sell tickets.

stl07

Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:46 pm

Tourists book far in ahead. This flight will definitely be included in packages.
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

maxkd

Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:21 pm

Interesting because LY announced ORD-TLV over a year in advance to the start date. Possibly because it's unique to the region/airport, not the airlines, or it's simply a coincidence.

LAXdude1023

Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:45 pm

This is going to be targeted towards church groups which book their packages far in advance. There isnt much of a corporate base between the US and Israel outside the Northeast, California, Florida, and Chicago.
"I dance and laugh among the rotten"

pbody

Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:16 am

Because it’s a nonsensical route they need more time to drum up sales. It is way out of the way for most of the biggest US markets for TLV

superjeff

Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:07 am

LAXdude1023 wrote:
This is going to be targeted towards church groups which book their packages far in advance. There isnt much of a corporate base between the US and Israel outside the Northeast, California, Florida, and Chicago.

There is actually a large Israeli Telecom connection to the North Texas (Dallas/Richardson/Plano) area, so I think there is likely a not insignificant amount of business travel which will help this route.

SkyVoice

Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:14 am

I wonder how many ex-TWA people are still with American to help plan the route & sell tickets to long-time contacts. TWA flew from the USA to TLV for many, many years.
"Your talents may take you where your character can not keep you." - Terry Nelson

flybaby

Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:42 pm

maxkd wrote:
Interesting because LY announced ORD-TLV over a year in advance to the start date. Possibly because it's unique to the region/airport, not the airlines, or it's simply a coincidence.

Wouldn’t surprise me. AA and LY codeshare a lot. Pretty much to any domestic non-LY destination that JetBlue doesn’t serve from BOS or JFK, AA is LY's go-to partner.
Last edited by flybaby on Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flybaby

Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:43 pm

SkyVoice wrote:
I wonder how many ex-TWA people are still with American to help plan the route & sell tickets to long-time contacts. TWA flew from the USA to TLV for many, many years.

They don’t need to go back to TWA contacts since AA served TLV from PHL several years ago themselves.

winginit

Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:52 pm

SkyVoice wrote:

Why on earth would they need to go back to the TWA days? AA flew TLV as recently as 2016...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos