Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Jonne1184

Re: Aeroflot New Livery?

Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:26 am

scbriml wrote:
aerokiwi wrote:
Whereas the now former Aeroflot livery had a good silver that looked great every time I saw it.

As a photographer, I would dispute that any livery looks as good on a grey day vs a sunny day.

I spent a couple of days spotting at SVO last August, I can tell you that there’s plenty of variation in the Aeroflot silver. The 737s definitely look more grey than silver compared to the Airbuses and the silver doesn’t seem to age well, often taking on a mottled appearance.

Anyway, there’s little point in arguing since the matter is entirely subjective. :)

I alway thought the 737 had a different color than the rest of the fleet. They certainly all look grey instead of silver. Actually the whole 737 thing always feels misplaced in the Aeroflot fleet. They not only look different, due to the different color, but also the interior is not up to Aeroflot standard. Maybe it has something to do with a different leasing company.

As the current Aeroflot livery was always my favorite non-unique, I am very sad to see it go for another boring white.

Spiderguy252

Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:27 pm

It's like Delta met Air France.
Vahroone

Antaras

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:00 am

In my opinion, SU's revised livery is a FAILURE as the grey/silver fuselage had become their icon, changing the color will make everyone feels unfamiliar.
SU should study VN how to revise the livery, as VN keeps the iconic blue fuselage and the golden lotus.

VN's old livery:

VN's new livery applied first on B789 and A359 in 2015:

P/s: I wonder for years that would SU make the Skyteam logo next to the cockpit a little bit smaller. And now it is kept on the new livery and still seems stupid.
Last edited by Antaras on Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edit signature
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Antaras

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:01 am

Antaras wrote:
In my opinion, SU's revised livery is a FAILURE as the grey/silver fuselage had become their icon, changing the color will make everyone feels unfamiliar.
SU should study VN how to revise the livery, as VN keeps the iconic blue fuselage and the golden lotus.

VN's old livery:

VN's new livery applied first on B789 and A359 in 2015:

P/s: I wonder for years that would SU make the Skyteam logo next to the cockpit a little bit smaller. And now it is kept on the new livery and still seems stupid.
Edit signature
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Antaras

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:04 am

I just quoted myself for nothing and can't delete it (502 error). Mods can you delete my self-quoted reply and also this reply please :D
Edit signature

CHRISBA35X

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:07 am

I think the new iteration looks great. Really smart.

VTCIE

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:53 am

The thing with SkyTeam airlines is that there is a SkyTeam logo not only next to the cockpit (à la Star Alliance) but also the passenger doors (à la Oneworld). That huge SkyTeam logo next to the cockpit was not required.

That said, the livery is a definite improvement. The silver/greyish colour is an immediate identifier of Aeroflot, SAS and American (the current livery, not the old bare metal one), as well as Jetstar. However, while SAS retained the greyish colour, though in a different shade, Aeroflot has abandoned it altogether. This will certainly mean a much easier paint-maintenance job in the winter months. Anyway, the colour is not pure white, as it differs slightly from the white at the top of the Russian flag.

BlueberryWheats

Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:51 am

BDKLEZ wrote:
I think I'm in the minority on here, but I always liked the AC toothpaste! :white:

It was certainly better than the new one.
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut.

hloutweg

Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:30 am

It’s the renaissance of the Deltaflot livery
In Varietate Concordia

AirPacific747

Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:35 am

The silver fuselage made the Aeroflot livery. Without it, the livery looks dull and even cheap.

cougar15

Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:38 am

PM wrote:
:thumbsup: Big improvement.

Eurowhite.. reduces Friction!
some you lose, others you can´t win!

Delta777Jet

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:03 pm

Simply ugly ! Welcome to the Eurowhite Community !
I still miss Trans World Airlines and the L-1011

res77W

Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:14 am

Jonne1184 wrote:
scbriml wrote:
aerokiwi wrote:
Whereas the now former Aeroflot livery had a good silver that looked great every time I saw it.

As a photographer, I would dispute that any livery looks as good on a grey day vs a sunny day.

I spent a couple of days spotting at SVO last August, I can tell you that there’s plenty of variation in the Aeroflot silver. The 737s definitely look more grey than silver compared to the Airbuses and the silver doesn’t seem to age well, often taking on a mottled appearance.

Anyway, there’s little point in arguing since the matter is entirely subjective. :)

I alway thought the 737 had a different color than the rest of the fleet. They certainly all look grey instead of silver. Actually the whole 737 thing always feels misplaced in the Aeroflot fleet. They not only look different, due to the different color, but also the interior is not up to Aeroflot standard. Maybe it has something to do with a different leasing company.

As the current Aeroflot livery was always my favorite non-unique, I am very sad to see it go for another boring white.

My first post on here was about this topic. Newly delivered Boeings always seemed lighter than the Airbuses. Something to do with the painting technique IIRC? Also the lighter gray doesn’t fade so easily...

The new livery could be much worse.

-Rowen

lollomz

Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:27 am

in a word: ugly!
[url="http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/collection/Lollomz"]Image[/url]

Wayfarer515

Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:22 am

I am not sure the old livery is going away, maybe this will only be for the A350 fleet, from what I've seen all their new SU95s are being still delivered with the metallic grey.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos