Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
DALMD80
Topic Author
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:25 pm

Unusual DL Flight-8961

Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:56 pm

https://www.flightradar24.com/DAL8961/22a57df1
What is this? DL doesn't regularly fly HHN-BWI, in fact, nobody does. Aircraft is a 764. Is this a charter, or a new flight?
2 things- Wear a mask, and vote. It's that simple.
 
clrd4t8koff
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:57 am

Re: Unusual DL Flight-8961

Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:03 pm

DALMD80 wrote:
https://www.flightradar24.com/DAL8961/22a57df1
What is this? DL doesn't regularly fly HHN-BWI, in fact, nobody does. Aircraft is a 764. Is this a charter, or a new flight?


Military charter
 
ilovelamp
Posts: 343
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:45 am

Unusual DL Flight-8961

Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:07 pm

If it’s not clear by now, 8000+ number DL flight numbers are charters/extra sections and mainline repos are 9000+.


ILL
Last edited by ilovelamp on Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
NW747-400
Posts: 445
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 1999 4:42 am

Re: Unusual DL Flight-8961

Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:17 pm

ilovelamp wrote:
If it’s not clear by now, 8000+ number DL flight numbers are charters and mainline repos are 9000+.


ILL


Not entirely true! We are operating some revenue segments in the 8000 series on behalf of AM due to the MAX grounding. I recently operated one JFK - MEX. :D

But yes, the one mentioned by the OP is a mil charter.
 
ilovelamp
Posts: 343
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:45 am

Re: Unusual DL Flight-8961

Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:24 pm

NW747-400 wrote:
ilovelamp wrote:
If it’s not clear by now, 8000+ number DL flight numbers are charters and mainline repos are 9000+.


ILL


Not entirely true! We are operating some revenue segments in the 8000 series on behalf of AM due to the MAX grounding. I recently operated one JFK - MEX. :D

But yes, the one mentioned by the OP is a mil charter.


Thanks! I forgot about those extra section flights. I edited my post.


ILL
 
HP69
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:04 pm

Re: Unusual DL Flight-8961

Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:50 am

Its a charter I think
 
smokeybandit
Posts: 1385
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: Unusual DL Flight-8961

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:22 am

Plenty of military charters from all over the world come through BWI
 
DALMD80
Topic Author
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: Unusual DL Flight-8961

Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:25 am

Thanks.
2 things- Wear a mask, and vote. It's that simple.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos