Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

Flyerqf

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - November 2019

Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:36 am

getluv wrote:
EK413 wrote:
Wasn’t QF exploring the option to operate the A380 on SYD-HND? (I know A380 Ops to HND are not permitted only NRT)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QF are in negotiations with Japanese authorities to use A380s, which they alluded to in their IASC application.

Maybe they are waiting to see if they call pull this off, then QF could go 388 on existing QF25/26 and with the new slot move MEL-NRT to HND.

a19901213

Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:16 am

Flying 388 to HND is out of the question.

Operationally and politically it’s unfeasible at the moment.

If they accept QF’s 388 into HND then it means theyll have to allow all other airlines flying their 388 into HND. It’s chaotic and unnecessary trouble.

Let alone the bridge over to D runaway has structural limitation hence 388 can’t takeoff and land using that runway, which will lead to major traffic control trouble on the ground and in the air.

There are still several I can list out, at this stage it’s very unlikely it’s gonna happen.

eta unknown

Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:57 am

A lot of those MKY and TSV flights are mining boom dependant. Hit a downturn and they will be the first ones to be suspended.
Scheduling is often about frequency- the leisure pax usually doesn't care what time a once daily MEL-ROK flight might be, but it's far easier to send pax via SYD or BNE and have multiple connecting opportunities, especially when you can filter pax to other QLD regional destinations in BNE.

kriskim

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:47 am

IndianicWorld wrote:
Goodbye wrote:
qf789 wrote:
BITRE for August out
Thai AirAsia X averaging around 50% on BNE-DMK

Yikes, that's pretty poor. I wonder why it's so low when they have pretty good fares all the time?

Maybe the market just isn’t that strong.

Will see how it plays out though as it may need time to build.

TG has already decreased its BNE services last year to only 4 weekly services, I wonder how likely TG will make BNE daily again with XJ now vying the route. They are keeping SYD at daily, however have increased MEL back to double daily.
A world built upon connectivity.

eamondzhang

Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:20 am

TasFlyer wrote:
Thanks so much qf789 for posting the story, see the following link, on last month's thread about the top 20 domestic connecting passenger markets: https://www.airliners.net/forum/report.php?f=3&p=21761251

It's a shame the airlines appear in consolidation mode domestically, because there appears to be some potential — perhaps VA had some of them in mind prior to the rumour of new domestic routes being off the table now. The negative growth in most of these markets probably justifies this.

It would be fascinating to see more data around these connecting passengers to discern why more non-stop services aren't offered, i.e. a breakdown by day of week and time of day. I'm surprised that three of the top four markets on the list have so many connecting passengers given non-stop flights exist: ADL-HBA, MEL-TSV, and CBR-PER. Some other markets on the list have been tried in the past but since cut: MEL-MKY, MKY-SYD, CBR-HBA, ROK-SYD, and CBR-DRW being the top five. Others have never been tried: MEL-ROK, LST-OOL (AN ran a seasonal once weekly service in the 90's), and PER-TSV being the top three.

Did you accidentally put up a report thread link? :rotfl:

Cheers
Michael

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:30 am

eamondzhang wrote:
TasFlyer wrote:
Thanks so much qf789 for posting the story, see the following link, on last month's thread about the top 20 domestic connecting passenger markets: https://www.airliners.net/forum/report.php?f=3&p=21761251

It's a shame the airlines appear in consolidation mode domestically, because there appears to be some potential — perhaps VA had some of them in mind prior to the rumour of new domestic routes being off the table now. The negative growth in most of these markets probably justifies this.

It would be fascinating to see more data around these connecting passengers to discern why more non-stop services aren't offered, i.e. a breakdown by day of week and time of day. I'm surprised that three of the top four markets on the list have so many connecting passengers given non-stop flights exist: ADL-HBA, MEL-TSV, and CBR-PER. Some other markets on the list have been tried in the past but since cut: MEL-MKY, MKY-SYD, CBR-HBA, ROK-SYD, and CBR-DRW being the top five. Others have never been tried: MEL-ROK, LST-OOL (AN ran a seasonal once weekly service in the 90's), and PER-TSV being the top three.

Did you accidentally put up a report thread link? :rotfl:

Cheers
Michael

Good catch, here is the correct link

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1432073&p=21762287#p21762287
Forum Moderator

allrite

Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:32 pm

Sydney Airport to get an Aerotel in early 2020. Plaza Premium Group will build the 600 sq m short stay hotel within the international arrivals hall. They are also in negotiations with Melbourne Airport. Link: https://www.commercialrealestate.com.au/news/pay-by-the-hour-sydney-airport-to-get-countrys-first-aerotel-2-901874/
I like artificial banana essence!

qf2220

Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:17 pm

allrite wrote:
Sydney Airport to get an Aerotel in early 2020. Plaza Premium Group will build the 600 sq m short stay hotel within the international arrivals hall. They are also in negotiations with Melbourne Airport. Link: https://www.commercialrealestate.com.au/news/pay-by-the-hour-sydney-airport-to-get-countrys-first-aerotel-2-901874/

I bet this coincides with the new QF/EK terminal space too.

EK413

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:04 am

allrite wrote:

Convenient & handy during a long layover transit. I used one at HKG whilst transiting and had a good 8 hrs to kill, I wasn’t keen on a trip into town & just wanted to freshen up & relax.

I’m not sure how the concept would work at SYD though considering there’s a curfew between 11pm-6am

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

moa999

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:09 am

As I understand it, the Aerotel will be landside, just in the terminal building itself and with smaller sized rooms.

getluv

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:32 am

ben175 wrote:
Very interesting to see Batik’s numbers change so rapidly in the time they’ve been flying to PER. They’re obviously building consumer confidence. Has anyone tried their J Class?

I’ve alwaus been curious why they use the ID brand to PER but the Malindo brand to the Eastern states.

ID have benefited from JQ not expanding services out of PER. JQ have been on the same 3x daily flights for years now and you just have to look at the JQ website to see the constant sold out flights.

My understanding of the situation is that JQ is not willing to expand its PER crew base who operate the 1st and 3rd flights from PER-DPS. Getting another aircraft to operate additional flights would also be disruptive to JQs network.

Obviously the biggest beneficiaries out of this has been JQ’s competition.
I'm that bad type.

Morrofinch

Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:41 am

getluv wrote:
ben175 wrote:
Very interesting to see Batik’s numbers change so rapidly in the time they’ve been flying to PER. They’re obviously building consumer confidence. Has anyone tried their J Class?

I’ve alwaus been curious why they use the ID brand to PER but the Malindo brand to the Eastern states.

ID have benefited from JQ not expanding services out of PER. JQ have been on the same 3x daily flights for years now and you just have to look at the JQ website to see the constant sold out flights.

My understanding of the situation is that JQ is not willing to expand its PER crew base who operate the 1st and 3rd flights from PER-DPS. Getting another aircraft to operate additional flights would also be disruptive to JQs network.

As JQ receive their new aircraft, I would like to think that if they chose to expand short haul international operations then this would be one of the first routes to get a frequency added.

smi0006

Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:57 am

Morrofinch wrote:
getluv wrote:
ben175 wrote:

As JQ receive their new aircraft, I would like to think that if they chose to expand short haul international operations then this would be one of the first routes to get a frequency added.

They could probs already increase capacity currently with 321s couldn’t they? Surprised they don’t use their 321s across the Tasman a bit more also during high season.

Sydscott

Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:01 am

chewybacca wrote:
Fuling wrote:
EK413 wrote:
Wasn’t QF exploring the option to operate the A380 on SYD-HND? (I know A380 Ops to HND are not permitted only NRT)

Actually I think HND A380 ops are permitted, but with very strict (and uneconomical) conditions like times and taxiways/runway usage.

Also, and this was mentioned previously, if somehow HND made an exception for QF to operate their A380 given HND’s strict regulations, then NH and EK would also want the same for their A380 ops. Hence QF would probably downgauge to 787/A330 over time if they went double daily to SYD and wanted to accelerate 747 retirements.

If IASC / ACCC allowed JL and QF to codeshare their HND services then QF may be able to avoid going double daily, but wouldn’t that necessitate another round of approvals and submissions?

Haneda does permit A380 ops but the trick is that they don't permit more than 1 on the ground at any time. That complicates QF's operation because the aircraft sits there all day which is why QF has been negotiating with Japanese Authorities for an exemption. Obviously NH and EK couldn't piggy back off of that for their A380 operations because none of their aircraft sit on the ground like QF's does.

With JL on MEL-HND I think it is now inevitable that QF goes double daily on SYD-HND. I'd say that regardless of what NH is doing and I'd say we'll see a mixed 789 / A333 operation post 744 retirement barring an A380 exemption.

lessredtape

Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:02 am

qf2220 wrote:
Re ABX I think it's a turboprop route. I don't know the CASK difference between an ATR72/Q400 and the small jets but I assume they're lower. I suspect that QF and VA have more profitable routes to put them on however. I think REX could have a win there though if they were to have a plane that could do it (Saab 2000 maybe), though I don't see them going out and buying any additional frames.

Re QF and HND, I'm wondering if Qantas is waiting to see what others do before making their announcement.

BNE/ABX a turboprop route ?

It’s approx. 100 miles further than BNE/CBR & approx. 20% less than BNE/MEL & who's talking QF or VA or Rex ?

Think many of Alliances F70s/F100s are based at BNE.

Someone even suggested that ADL/ABX might work in winter twice a week or

BNE/ABX/ADL/ABX/BNE

anstar

Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:34 am

getluv wrote:
ben175 wrote:

JQ don't have a crew base in PER. Flights are operated with Singapore/Thai/Aussie cabin crew and AU pilots.

Pcoder

Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:48 am

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-u ... 46a78f9c35

QF108 (PEK-SYD) had some clear air turbulence and a few people were hurt.
Last edited by Pcoder on Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whatsaptudo

Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:49 am

anstar wrote:
getluv wrote:
ben175 wrote:

JQ don't have a crew base in PER. Flights are operated with Singapore/Thai/Aussie cabin crew and AU pilots.

You have been misinformed. JQ most definitely do have a pilot base in Perth.

RyanairGuru

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:15 am

lessredtape wrote:
qf2220 wrote:
Re ABX I think it's a turboprop route. I don't know the CASK difference between an ATR72/Q400 and the small jets but I assume they're lower. I suspect that QF and VA have more profitable routes to put them on however. I think REX could have a win there though if they were to have a plane that could do it (Saab 2000 maybe), though I don't see them going out and buying any additional frames.

Re QF and HND, I'm wondering if Qantas is waiting to see what others do before making their announcement.

It’s approx. 100 miles further than BNE/CBR & approx. 20% less than BNE/MEL & who's talking QF or VA or Rex ?

BNE/ABX/ADL/ABX/BNE

BNE-ABX would be about 2h30m on a Q400. It might not be the most comfortable experience, but when your alternative is via SYD or drive to MEL it will be competitive for whatever corporate market does exist.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:09 am

Today is the 9th anniversary of QF32

https://qf32.aero/2019/11/04/9389/
Forum Moderator

Milesdependent

Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:20 am

I cannot see VA’s seasonal DPS-DRW in the schedules for 2020. Any idea if there has been an official announcement that it is not coming back?

TN486T

Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:41 am

https://australianaviation.com.au/2019/ ... 3e68310bb1
Hmm, do we think QF will ditch Boeing and go Airbus in domestic fleet replacement for QF mainline

RyanairGuru

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:34 pm

TN486T wrote:
https://australianaviation.com.au/2019/11/jetstar-expects-first-airbus-a321neolr-to-arrive-in-august-2020/?inf_contact_key=2a20b4bf2e900b36553b4a78123315d8680f8914173f9191b1c0223e68310bb1
Hmm, do we think QF will ditch Boeing and go Airbus in domestic fleet replacement for QF mainline

I think you've read too much into that article. Where they mention Qantas, as distinct from Qantas Group, it's in having the flexibility to move more Jetstar A320s to QantasLink branded intra-WA flying.

Is there a chance that Qantas mainline goes Airbus for their fleet renewal? Absolutely. However Qantas have made it pretty clear that decision won't come until after the Project Sunrise decision. Don't expect an order for 2+ years yet.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

IndianicWorld

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:53 pm

I think it’s wise for all airlines to keep an open mind as that brings the best competitive outcome in discussions with the manufacturers.

Qantas seen to be the masters of smoke and mirrors in their PR strategy. Very little substance in many of their public comments but the media eat it up (ie. Research flights with 40 passengers sitting in business class, delivery of 789’s being revolutionary years after other airlines already had them).

On another note, the HND routes have turned into an interesting game of musical chairs. If JL do end up allocating the slot to MEL, this will be a very interesting change of course, as the common view was that they would give that to SYD without much consideration.

In some ways though, with NH and QF almost guaranteed to use their slots to double their presence on SYD-HND, that will leave JL to tap into international connection traffic, which would likely still be largely focused on NRT. It would make more sense to try and find different avenues than the competition, which moving to MEL-HND and keeping SYD-NRT may well offer them.

qf2220

Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:04 am

lessredtape wrote:
qf2220 wrote:
Re ABX I think it's a turboprop route. I don't know the CASK difference between an ATR72/Q400 and the small jets but I assume they're lower.

BNE/ABX/ADL/ABX/BNE

My views have nothing to do with the operational specifics of the route but are about the cost base. AFAIU turboprops are lower cost than small jets (like the F70) and so would be less risky from a profitability perspective, assuming pax book onto the flight. ABX is a regional area and whilst not a poor place is not a wealthy place like the large cities are, so is perhaps more price sensitive. Good point on Alliances fleet, but again, i think theyre going to be too costly to be able to charge a sustainable profitable fare.

qf2220

Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:07 am

IndianicWorld wrote:
On another note, the HND routes have turned into an interesting game of musical chairs. If JL do end up allocating the slot to MEL, this will be a very interesting change of course, as the common view was that they would give that to SYD without much consideration.

Im wondering if QF and JL are inking a cooperation agreement of some sort in response to the VA/NH tie-up.

Sydscott

Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:17 am

qf2220 wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:

Im wondering if QF and JL are inking a cooperation agreement of some sort in response to the VA/NH tie-up.

They'd be silly not to go the whole hog and do a joint business. With QF, JL and JQ on one side and VA and NH on the other the competition on the route would now allow for it.

smi0006

Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:52 am

TN486T wrote:
https://australianaviation.com.au/2019/11/jetstar-expects-first-airbus-a321neolr-to-arrive-in-august-2020/?inf_contact_key=2a20b4bf2e900b36553b4a78123315d8680f8914173f9191b1c0223e68310bb1

I think more telling will be 2024 when the 321XLR delivered if they go to QF at all. So much can change, I think it’s too early to call.

moa999

Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:25 am

All the signs point to it, but as you say things can change.

By 2024/25 the earliest four 332s are hitting 22/23 years and XLRs could be used as a replacement on some routes.
And the 333s (probably replaced by more 787s) are only a couple of years behind.

smi0006

Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:57 am

moa999 wrote:
All the signs point to it, but as you say things can change.

By 2024/25 the earliest four 332s are hitting 22/23 years and XLRs could be used as a replacement on some routes.
And the 333s (probably replaced by more 787s) are only a couple of years behind.

I know QF is very focused on its ROIC- but equally I feel they are mindful of the 767/744 where they had an older less reliable fleet tarnishing their brand, and not fit for their network.

Morrofinch

Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:34 am

TN486T wrote:

I mean it would make sense. It would mean JQ and them could share more facilities as well as adding the flexibility of easily switching aircraft between JQ and QF demanding on the needs

CraigAnderson

Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:02 am

moa999 wrote:
By 2024/25 the earliest four 332s are hitting 22/23 years and XLRs could be used as a replacement on some routes. And the 333s (probably replaced by more 787s) are only a couple of years behind.

Joyce has been talking up the '797' a lot, he's one of the airline CEOs who is really keen to have it on the plate and has said how it would work equally for SYD-MEL peak periods, east-west and also into Asia, but here we are at the end of 2019 and there's almost no way the 797 will on sale by 2025, not the way things are going to Boeing already pushing back the 777-9 and 777-8, I can't see them adding an entirely new clean-sheet design to the to-do list. And given Boeing's delays on its last two 'new' jets, the 787 and 777X, even if Boeing said it would offer the 797 by 2025, why would you even take Boeing at its word? It's a bit of a shame because QF has all those orders & options for the 787 from its original order at a bargain basement price, which it could exercise and really clean up on the purchase price or use to get something like the 797. But right now it's hard to see that Boeing will have a chance against the 321neoLR and XLR, unless Qantas decides to go big on another round of 787 orders.

IndianicWorld

Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:07 pm

Just noticed a story in the Geelong Advertiser (unfortunately behind a paywall) that seems to indicate that JQ are looking at starting AVV-DPS when the new A321LR arrives.

Are they looking at splitting ops with DPS flights from both MEL and AVV, maybe to block any potential moves by Air Asia to fly the route.

Will be interesting if they are looking at further options out of AVV, including NZ and maybe Fiji, but I really don’t see that much value in the idea.

Could well just be the usual media talk up the the QF Group (and Avalon Airport also) are very good at :)

qf789
Topic Author

Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:24 pm

IndianicWorld wrote:
Just noticed a story in the Geelong Advertiser (unfortunately behind a paywall) that seems to indicate that JQ are looking at starting AVV-DPS when the new A321LR arrives.

Are they looking at splitting ops with DPS flights from both MEL and AVV, maybe to block any potential moves by Air Asia to fly the route.

Will be interesting if they are looking at further options out of AVV, including NZ and maybe Fiji, but I really don’t see that much value in the idea.

Could well just be the usual media talk up the the QF Group (and Avalon Airport also) are very good at :)

The following story also refer to AVV-DPS as well. Also JQ could potentially look at AKL-CNS and MEL-NAN with the A321LR

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/personal-fin ... d=12282325
Forum Moderator

IndianicWorld

Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:31 pm

qf789 wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:

The following story also refer to AVV-DPS as well. Also JQ could potentially look at AKL-CNS and MEL-NAN with the A321LR

Thanks for that.

Seems like they are just putting some options out there at this stage but will be interesting to see if JQ follow through with international flights from AVV.

It appears that other news stories in the Geelong Advertiser (also behind a paywall) talked about trying to expand domestic flights at AVV.

Will be interesting to see how that is achieved, given that not long ago JQ were looking to pull out and only the deal struck with stakeholders saved the day there. Seems things may have turned around for them, but just whether there would be other airlines interested in starting domestic flights there isn’t so clear.

Can’t see TT’s appetite being that high to recommence ops there and It really doesn’t seem to be something well suited to VA either.

Captdasbomb

Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:47 pm

ZNJ is ready for delivery now. Anyone know the delivery flight details?

a320fan

Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:22 pm

IndianicWorld wrote:

DPS could work well out of AVV. Perhaps split ops with a 788 out of MEL and a 321 from AVV. AKL would probably work too but at lower yields than MEL. Don’t see NAN working from AVV though. It’s more of a high end destination not comparable to DPS. The basic demographics of the state/city position MEL as more favourable/easy to access for that market.
A319, A320, A321, A330-200, A350-900, A380, 737-700, 737-800, 777-200ER, 777-300, 777-300ER, 787-8, Q300, Q400

DavidByrne

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:53 pm

qf789 wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:

JQ have tried AKL-CNS and given up, what, twice before? Or was it just the once?
This is not my beautiful house . . . This is not my beautiful wife

Zkpilot

Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:09 pm

qf789 wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:

Don’t need an A321LR to do AKL-CNS NZ does it with an A321NEO and A320
64 types. 45 countries. 24 airlines.

smi0006

Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:14 pm

qf789 wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:

MEL-NAN would make sense; not sure about AKL-CNS, NZ are on the route seasonal but I also believe get a fair amount of traffic from the US, not sure NZ traffic only could support year round AKL-CNS. CNS-NRT, I’m the low season could work?
Would JQ enter ADL-SIN? ADL-AKL?

Some of these routes sound like good QF 321XLR routes also- MEL/SYD-NAN/DPS To take over from the 738s.

TasFlyer

Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:33 pm

smi0006 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:

MEL-NAN would make sense; not sure about AKL-CNS, NZ are on the route seasonal but I also believe get a fair amount of traffic from the US, not sure NZ traffic only could support year round AKL-CNS. CNS-NRT, I’m the low season could work?
Would JQ enter ADL-SIN? ADL-AKL?

Some of these routes sound like good QF 321XLR routes also- MEL/SYD-NAN/DPS To take over from the 738s.

Add to this list a pay-walled story about HBA, which mentions DPS, SIN, and AKL — must be the season for it: https://www.themercury.com.au/news/tasmania/future-tasmania-overseas-flights-from-hobart-could-be-possible-as-early-as-next-year/news-story/e30d43cb8e4f6ddd210b5a7815b8f495

qf2220

Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:48 pm

CraigAnderson wrote:
Joyce has been talking up the '797' a lot

Is it just me or does QF love to talk up new models but when theyre designed, walk away from them? 777 is a standout, but the 787 is perhaps also one (though this is perhaps impacted by slow orders to manage the debt book), as well as the A380. It seems that QFs needs as an end of line carrier are quite niche in many ways and the Boeing/Airbus designers don't go far enough to meet these needs, instead going for the average designs that the other carriers in the world need, and QF then doesnt see them as fitting. IDK could be reading more into this than not, aircraft choice is always a compromise but seems like QF is always out there asking for something but its never what they want in the end and they take what is available (eg A330, 738 top ups).

CraigAnderson

Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:59 pm

Here we go, Virgin Australia is axing MEL-HKG. No surprise there!

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... ng-flights

Obzerva

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:10 am

CraigAnderson wrote:

Interesting they’re not exiting the HKG market altogether, so they must see some sort of future there.

smi0006

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:18 am

Obzerva wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

Interesting they’re not exiting the HKG market altogether, so they must see some sort of future there.

If I were VA, I’d look to no focus primarily on BNE and maybe expand there- aim to own one market, not scatter gun approach across MEL/SYD/BNE. But I feel it could be too late after QFs expansion to the US

Pcoder

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:24 am

qf2220 wrote:
777 is a standout

Although Qantas might have been on the design committee for the 777, the requirements it had were probably a bit different too the other airlines with higher restrictions by CASA at the time on ETOPs, the fact that it had already taken on a number of 747-400s and 767s in the recent history.

So I'd imagine that Qantas got the least out what the wanted and is probably why they never ordered the 777.

moa999

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:46 am

Been discussed many times but remember Qantas had plenty of late model 747s and 747ERs so it was really a 380 v 777 choice, and at least from a passenger perspective they made the right choice

qf789
Topic Author

Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:21 am

smi0006 wrote:
Obzerva wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

If I were VA, I’d look to no focus primarily on BNE and maybe expand there- aim to own one market, not scatter gun approach across MEL/SYD/BNE. But I feel it could be too late after QFs expansion to the US

The A332 from HKG will be redirected to HND

Other cancelled routes include

SYD-CHC
PER-OOL/CBR

Reductions
SYD-TMW reduces from double daily to 6 weekly
SYD-PQQ increased by 4 weekly
AKL-SYD down from 19 to 14 weekly
ADL-BNE increasing by 5 weekly replacing TT

Resuming MEL-DPS during Easter 20

TT axing BNE-DRW, PPP-SYD, ADL-BNE

3 F100’s out from March , 2 A320’s leaving TT
Forum Moderator

An767

Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:35 am

CraigAnderson wrote:

And after the olympics in Tokyo next year, will we see the headline " Virgin axes Tokyo"
Nothing but a basket case of an airline IMHO

An767
If its got wings put me on it. If it floats on water take it away

allrite

Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:40 am

Does anyone here have any experience of what it's like flying into AVV on an A320 when things get a bit windy? Trying to work out what it may be like tomorrow. My last few experiences flying into MEL haven't been the most pleasant. Melbourne weather doesn't look the nicest over the next couple of days...
I like artificial banana essence!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos