BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:09 am

Hello everyone.

I didnt find a dedicated thread for Romanian civil aviation so I decided to open one as there are now interesting changes coming up.

1. Blue Air started to retire their B737 classic fleet. As of today, four aircraft are stored at BBU and more will follow.
Currently retired:
YR - AMA, YR-AMD, YR-BAP, YR-BAS (source)

2. Carpatair signed in the summer a MoU to buy 3x E190 which are currently flying for Helvetic Airways but the deal wasnt finalised however the airline didnt scrapp the plans to replace their old F100s with Embraers.

As far as we know, PR-AYO will be the first of three E195 aircraft which will join their fleet. This one will leave Brasil at the end of November and will fly to Europe, later on will be delivered in mid-December. Other two E195 will join their fleet in Q1 2020 while their F100s will be retired in the same period.

3. Rumours: in December Blue Air will fly for a Sudanese airline, currently we do not know exactly for which one and how many aircraft will be wetleased to them.
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:12 am

YR-MXA, Blue Air's first Boeing 737 MAX 8, flown yesterday as BOE257 from BFI to MWH.

TAROM launched two winter routes from Bucharest to Turin and Lyon, both will be operated from 30nov to 29feb2020, 1x weekly (on Saturday). tickets already available for sale.
Blue Air will announce in November 9-10 new routes, CEO confirmed.
 
User avatar
Vio
Posts: 1556
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:23 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:27 am

I guess Carpatair is trying a comeback, but I doubt it'll be anything close to what it was at their peak, when they had the largest fleet (at that time) of Saab 2000s in the world. They'll probably stick to their current business model. Hopefully the Embraer will serve them right.
Superior decisions reduce the need for superior skills.
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:13 am

Currently they don't have plans to restart the scheduled flights but continue to focus on ACMI
 
Blankbarcode
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:10 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:09 am

Coincidental! I'll be flying to Romania tomorrow on Tarom. Got my ATR42 swapped out for a 737-700 which is definitely disheartening...

Hope it's not off topic but how is OTP for longer connections?
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:06 pm

Unfortunately OTP is not the best airport to kill a few hours but there are a few restaurants and coffee shops. if you connect from domestic to international you have to clear the security and passport control (actually you get landside and then airside because of lack of transfer from from domestic to intl and viceversa).

If you have lounge access, TAROM branded one was refreshed a few months back and is quite OK but the food selection is poor.

BoardingPass wrote:
1. Blue Air started to retire their B737 classic fleet. As of today, four aircraft are stored at BBU and more will follow.
Currently retired:
YR - AMA, YR-AMD, YR-BAP, YR-BAS (source)

YR-AMC was ferried this evening from OTP to BBU too.
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:15 pm

BoardingPass wrote:
2. Carpatair signed in the summer a MoU to buy 3x E190 which are currently flying for Helvetic Airways but the deal wasnt finalised however the airline didnt scrapp the plans to replace their old F100s with Embraers.

As far as we know, PR-AYO will be the first of three E195 aircraft which will join their fleet. This one will leave Brasil at the end of November and will fly to Europe, later on will be delivered in mid-December. Other two E195 will join their fleet in Q1 2020 while their F100s will be retired in the same period.


A little update on this.
KRP Vice President confirmed for BoardingPass this evening that the first E195 will join their fleet in December this year and the 2nd one in w20/21. Next year, probably at the end of 2020, one of their F100s will be retired but the other two will continue to fly for them.
 
CLJFlyer
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:38 pm

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:38 pm

I am from Romania, CLJ specifically. My family flies to CLJ at least once a year. CLJ is so congested now-a-days, and it stinks that I can only use Star Alliance carriers to get there without connecting in OTP. I wonder why Air France, KLM does not try to jump on a 3 day-a-week route to CLJ.
 
Blerg
Posts: 2628
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:55 pm

Blankbarcode wrote:
Coincidental! I'll be flying to Romania tomorrow on Tarom. Got my ATR42 swapped out for a 737-700 which is definitely disheartening...

Hope it's not off topic but how is OTP for longer connections?


Tarom insists on selling long connections which makes no sense since the terminal experience is quite horrible. It's overcrowded, too expensive and there is limited seating area. I remember I was walking through the main part of the terminal and flights were boarding on each side. The lines were intertwined through the middle so you had to fight your way through. I like flying on Tarom but OTP is a mess.


Unrelated but does anyone know when RO is supposed to receive the first new Atrs?
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:31 am

CLJFlyer wrote:
I am from Romania, CLJ specifically. My family flies to CLJ at least once a year. CLJ is so congested now-a-days, and it stinks that I can only use Star Alliance carriers to get there without connecting in OTP. I wonder why Air France, KLM does not try to jump on a 3 day-a-week route to CLJ.


KLM is having problems with slots at AMS and 3x weekly wont be enough to compete with LH which is operating to CLJ in W19/2020 20 flights/week (both from FRA and MUC). Might be a chance to see AF at CLJ after it gets the A220s but TAROM wont be so happy... will see.

Blerg wrote:
Unrelated but does anyone know when RO is supposed to receive the first new Atrs?

nothing official but when Mădălina Mezei (ex-CEO) was fired weeks ago the final contract wasnt signed so the delivery is delayed, if not cancelled.
 
debonair
Posts: 3559
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:23 am

Hi, any idea what will happen to the Romanian ACMI-airlines during the winter season after their summer contracts ended on October 31st?!

What will happen to airlines like STAR EAST, COBREX and JUST US AIR?!
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:16 am

most of them do not have contracts for winter season.
Just Us Air just finished its contracts with TUIfly Germany and Jazeera Airways and probably soon will end the one with Sundair too. Last winter the airline didnt fly at all.

Cobrex is now flying for Cabo Verde Airlines but I do not know when the contract will end.

Star East Airlines do not have any contracts until March 2020 when will fly again for Smartwings (if there are no changes).

Carpatair is the only ACMI which will fly during the winter, they are contracted for numerous charter flights.
 
Blerg
Posts: 2628
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:10 pm

How are Romanian airports performing so far in 2019?
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:13 pm

overall single digit growth in the first 9 months, except SUJ, BAY, ARW, BBU, SBZ, TGM. There is traffic decline at OMR, CND and probably for whole 2019 at IAS too.

+6.8% growth at OTP from JAN to SEPT to 11.2mil pax (10.5pax in the same period of 2018)
 
Blerg
Posts: 2628
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:22 pm

BoardingPass wrote:
overall single digit growth in the first 9 months, except SUJ, BAY, ARW, BBU, SBZ, TGM. There is traffic decline at OMR, CND and probably for whole 2019 at IAS too.

+6.8% growth at OTP from JAN to SEPT to 11.2mil pax (10.5pax in the same period of 2018)


Do you know what's going on at IAS? Why is there a passenger drop?
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:34 pm

TAROM, Wizz and Blue Air closed some routes and Ernest Airlines didn't this year restart their services from Italy to IAS so compared to 2018 there are less seats available for 2019.
 
User avatar
albertocsc
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:09 pm

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:52 pm

For third time in a year, Tulcea Airport (TCE) has launched a tender process to award six routes (MAD, BCN, LON, PAR, FRA, MIL).
https://www.anna.aero/2019/10/01/tulcea ... -tender-2/

Having contacted some airlines regarding this tender, they were mainly not happy about the closed list of of routes and the high airport taxes even after the 50% discount offered.
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:09 pm

Just Us Air received its Foreign Air Carrier Permit from DoT (PDF here)

Currently the airline have only 3x A320 family aircraft but it plans to add 2x A330 on its fleet.
 
Blerg
Posts: 2628
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:15 pm

BoardingPass wrote:
TAROM, Wizz and Blue Air closed some routes and Ernest Airlines didn't this year restart their services from Italy to IAS so compared to 2018 there are less seats available for 2019.


Do you know what routes were closed from Iasi?
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:39 pm

Dont have a list of all, but TAROM doesnt operate anymore intl routes from there and WZZ closed some and announced others and two of them were cancelled before the first flight (IAS - MMX is one of them).
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:27 am

For the 2nd time, instead of the regular A310F (JY-AGQ) Royal Jordanian sent to Bucharest a B787 Dreamliner to transport cargo to AMM - video and photos here (first time happened in April 2017).

jY-AGQ is currently AOG at Maastricht, NL.
 
upintheair2018
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:59 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:57 am

More photos with the 787-8 (JY-BAH) at OTP http://www.facebook.com/Aeronews.ro/pos ... 0050065413 and a better video, taxiing for departure: http://www.facebook.com/100007536164839 ... 177900530/
 
Blerg
Posts: 2628
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:23 am

Air Serbia has increased BEG-OTP this winter to daily, up from 6 weekly last year.
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:08 am

the delivery of the first ATR72-600 for TAROM is delayed to Q1 2020
 
Blerg
Posts: 2628
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:46 am

BoardingPass wrote:
the delivery of the first ATR72-600 for TAROM is delayed to Q1 2020


Is this confirmed? Do we know what will be the configuration?
 
debonair
Posts: 3559
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:01 am

BoardingPass wrote:
Star East Airlines do not have any contracts until March 2020 when will fly again for Smartwings (if there are no changes).


Thank you! What puzzled me the most, what will happen to the staff (office and crew) during the winter, when there is no flying? Will they keep the staff to secure the AOC or all laid off until March 2020?
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:44 am

BoardingPass wrote:
3. Rumours: in December Blue Air will fly for a Sudanese airline, currently we do not know exactly for which one and how many aircraft will be wetleased to them.

so the airline is actually from Senegal (Transair Senegal).

YR-AMB will be ferried from OTP to DSS on Nov 8 via AGP and YR-AMD will follow by the end of the Nov. I do not know for how long the contract will be.

Blerg wrote:
BoardingPass wrote:
the delivery of the first ATR72-600 for TAROM is delayed to Q1 2020


Is this confirmed? Do we know what will be the configuration?


sources... the config will be Y72, as far as I remember.

debonair wrote:
BoardingPass wrote:
Star East Airlines do not have any contracts until March 2020 when will fly again for Smartwings (if there are no changes).


Thank you! What puzzled me the most, what will happen to the staff (office and crew) during the winter, when there is no flying? Will they keep the staff to secure the AOC or all laid off until March 2020?


Yes, the staff wont be fired and is paid with the base salary during the winter - they seem to be happy with it :)
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:00 pm

Blue Air introduced, quietly, Blue Benefits and Blue Air Wallet.

Image

Image
 
Blerg
Posts: 2628
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:34 pm

I was looking at some flights and I am in shock since I just found out Tarom turned OTP-LCA to summer seasonal! Flights resume from April.

Blueair remains the only carrier after both Wizz Air and Tarom abandoned winter flying. I remember last winter RO was boarding next to us in LCA and there were only 33 passengers. Seems like that wasn't a one off.
 
User avatar
usdcaguy
Posts: 1387
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:41 pm

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:10 pm

Blerg wrote:
I was looking at some flights and I am in shock since I just found out Tarom turned OTP-LCA to summer seasonal! Flights resume from April.

Blueair remains the only carrier after both Wizz Air and Tarom abandoned winter flying. I remember last winter RO was boarding next to us in LCA and there were only 33 passengers. Seems like that wasn't a one off.


About 20 years ago, RO had cheaper fares from LCA to various places in Europe if you were willing to change planes in OTP. Since then, the LCCs have been offering competitive fares, so there’s less of a reason for Cypriots to fly RO, and their flight always left around 300 in the morning anyway. Most of the RO traffic should now be Romanians on summer holiday, so it makes sense for RO to go seasonal.

On another note, I’m looking forward to seeing a completed airport in Brasov one of these days. I don’t understand why direct service is not offered by CFR out of the Bucharest airport station anyway, but the current logistics seem to warrant an airport being built in Brasov given the region’s potential for tourism.
 
Blerg
Posts: 2628
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:59 pm

usdcaguy wrote:
Blerg wrote:
I was looking at some flights and I am in shock since I just found out Tarom turned OTP-LCA to summer seasonal! Flights resume from April.

Blueair remains the only carrier after both Wizz Air and Tarom abandoned winter flying. I remember last winter RO was boarding next to us in LCA and there were only 33 passengers. Seems like that wasn't a one off.


About 20 years ago, RO had cheaper fares from LCA to various places in Europe if you were willing to change planes in OTP. Since then, the LCCs have been offering competitive fares, so there’s less of a reason for Cypriots to fly RO, and their flight always left around 300 in the morning anyway. Most of the RO traffic should now be Romanians on summer holiday, so it makes sense for RO to go seasonal.

On another note, I’m looking forward to seeing a completed airport in Brasov one of these days. I don’t understand why direct service is not offered by CFR out of the Bucharest airport station anyway, but the current logistics seem to warrant an airport being built in Brasov given the region’s potential for tourism.


Actually, departure time from LCA is not an issue since Air Serbia, LOT, Lufthansa, Alitalia .. have middle of the night flights. I think the bigger problem here is RO's network and frequencies out of OTP. They failed to remain relevant on the market. Sure, LCCs have thrived in Cyprus but so have legacy carriers as well.

More recently I flew LCA-OTP-BEG and I have to say that the whole experience was rather underwhelming, especially the ancient Atr-42 to BEG. OTP is also extremely overcrowded and there isn't much to do... also, it might be me but I found it to be quite expensive.
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:11 am

Air Bucharest will receive in the upcoming weeks its 2nd B733, probably YL-BBS ex-airBaltic. In S20 will operate W flights from OTP and SBZ.
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:44 am

BoardingPass wrote:
Air Bucharest will receive in the upcoming weeks its 2nd B733, probably YL-BBS ex-airBaltic. In S20 will operate W flights from OTP and SBZ.

correction: YL-BBI
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:20 pm

In S20: Satu Mare (SUJ) - Monastir (MIR), after a few years without any charter flights to international destinations from SUJ.
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:17 pm

Memento Group Holding BV (Christian Tour) will launch in 2020 in Romania ANIMA WINGS. The company Anima Wings Aviation SA is owned by Memento Group and Mihai Panait, its managing director is Antonio Stoian (ex general director at EuroJet Romania). No info about fleet as of now.

More here
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:28 pm

OTP-TRN and OTP-LYS will be launched in December 14 instead of November 30 - probably poor sales, both routes were announced at the end of October.
 
SXDFC
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:07 pm

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:19 pm

Does anyone know what TAROMs future fleet plans are? They ordered the 737MAX, however with the MAX having the issues they’ve been having, will they reconsider? Lastly does TAROM plan on refurbishing the interiors of their -700s?
 
Blerg
Posts: 2628
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:37 pm

I noticed RO is increasing Sofia, does anyone know what kind of traffic they carry? Are they mostly locals or are there some transfers?
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:33 am

BoardingPass wrote:
BoardingPass wrote:
Air Bucharest will receive in the upcoming weeks its 2nd B733, probably YL-BBS ex-airBaltic. In S20 will operate W flights from OTP and SBZ.

correction: YL-BBI

YL-BBI will be ferried this evening to BBU.

BoardingPass wrote:
Memento Group Holding BV (Christian Tour) will launch in 2020 in Romania ANIMA WINGS. The company Anima Wings Aviation SA is owned by Memento Group and Mihai Panait, its managing director is Antonio Stoian (ex general director at EuroJet Romania). No info about fleet as of now.

More here

Sources: they will have 2x A320

SXDFC wrote:
Does anyone know what TAROMs future fleet plans are? They ordered the 737MAX, however with the MAX having the issues they’ve been having, will they reconsider? Lastly does TAROM plan on refurbishing the interiors of their -700s?

No news for now... They ordered the MAX but deliveries are scheduled for 2023. It is clear only that the new ATRs will not be delivered this year

Blerg wrote:
I noticed RO is increasing Sofia, does anyone know what kind of traffic they carry? Are they mostly locals or are there some transfers?

is a mix of transfer and p2p.
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:35 am

THY tried to get permission to add a 4th daily flight from Istanbul to Bucharest but it was rejected - reason and schedule unknown
 
Blerg
Posts: 2628
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:51 am

BoardingPass wrote:
THY tried to get permission to add a 4th daily flight from Istanbul to Bucharest but it was rejected - reason and schedule unknown


But isn't there an Open Skies Agreement in place? Maybe the government is protecting RO?
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:49 am

I do not have more information, CAA is refusing to comment.

On the other hand, on Saturday YR-AMD left BBU to DSS, painted in Air Senegal Express livery. Both aircraft (-AMB and -AMD) will be operated by a mix of Blue Air and Air Senegal/Transair crew and after the airline will have its flight deck crew ready for Boeing both aircraft will be dry-leased on long-term to Air Senegal (contract between Transair and Blue Air but operated by Transair for Air Senegal...).
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:18 am

Air Bucharest's second B733 (ex-YL-BBI) will be registered as YR-YAP.

New route: Bucharest - Ivano Frankivsk (Ukraine) from December 27 to March 9, 2020 with Windrose 2x weekly (great for ski-lovers). tickets from 95EUR ow or 75ow if you book a room at Bukovel hotel. Also, free checked bag, ski equipment and transfer from the airport to the ski resort.
 
upintheair2019
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:53 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:16 am

This morning, at a press conference held in Bucharest, Wizz Air announced 2 new seasonal routes:

Effective July 1st: Bucharest - Prague, 3 weekly (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
Effective July 4th, Bucharest - Seville, 2 weekly (Tuesday, Saturday)
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:53 pm

Romanian market is the most profitable WZZ market in H1Y19

Image
 
Blerg
Posts: 2628
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:06 pm

I am surprised Romania ranks so high. I know it's a big country but it's not like it's without competition. I guess it helps that RO is useless, especially outside of Bucharest.I suppose Wizz air has added a lot of extra capacity last year in Romania.
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:34 am

I think that the lack of solid competition from Ryanair, outside of OTP, boosted Wizz Air income as they can afford to sell tickets at higher prices on big cities like CLJ, IAS and TSR.
 
MCTSET
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:45 pm

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:27 am

Is this W6 first route out of Sevilla?
 
BoardingPass
Topic Author
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:38 am

Yup, is their first one. Probably soon will announce more routes to/from SVQ
 
SMKCosmopolitan
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:42 pm

Re: Romanian aviation - 2019 thread

Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:48 am

BoardingPass wrote:
Romanian market is the most profitable WZZ market in H1Y19

Image


Great statistics and many thanks for sharing! Comparing the profits to Wizz Air's size in those markets, one can clearly see margin spikes in Romania and even more strikingly in Georgia and Moldova, whereas Hungary and Germany perform rather poorly (relatively speaking).

Do you have any further data to share regarding other country markets? I have read that Serbia and Bosnia for instance performed worse than last year in terms of the overall profit, but haven't seen any figures from Ukraine, Macedonia or the Baltics.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos