Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

edealinfo

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - November 2019

Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:44 pm

After Kochi, Vistara launches flights to Thiruvananthapuram

Offering free tickets to those who can correctly spell and pronounce the name of the destination, ha ha

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/after ... 669661.htm

vadodara

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:40 pm

edealinfo wrote:
anshabhi wrote:
Would an airport at Ayodhya make sense now, on the lines of Shirdi Airport?

Lucknow is anyways only 2 hours away

How big is Lucknow airport and can it handle many more flights to handle devotees?

Gorakhpur I would think is closer. Either way, it makes sense because Eastern UP, Western Bihar probably are the most backward regions of India. Getting tourism to kick-start there would be tremendous for their economies.

Nepal will also benefit. Western Nepal is just across the border and tourist landing in Ayodhya might as well combine their holiday's with a visit to Nepal.

This region also lies at the heart of Indian (Hindu) culture; Patliputra afterall was the capital.

edealinfo

Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:36 pm

vadodara wrote:
Nepal will also benefit. Western Nepal is just across the border and tourist landing in Ayodhya might as well combine their holiday's with a visit to Nepal.
This region also lies at the heart of Indian (Hindu) culture; Patliputra afterall was the capital.

It would really be creative to have an airport that serves (Ayodhya, Pataliputra, and more importantly, Nepal, and heavily market the "circuit" and a new "joint" airport for tourism. The Government should throw this (new airport) open to the private sector so they can move fast.

VTORD

Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:15 pm

http://nyc787.blogspot.com/

Click on the 787 Spreadsheets link >> Current Production tab
ZB806-809

edealinfo

Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:23 pm

VTORD wrote:

ZB806-809

I very much appreciate the link. Excellent. Thanks!

Now, what are the implications of what looks like Vistara taking delivery of 4 787s this month? All in one go! This is, as they say in India, "big, big, news". So, again, I go back to my point as to why Vistara hasn't announced any routes for them? Any idea?

My speculation is that the entire airline industry in India is waiting until Nov 12 (or Nov 15) when it will be officially announced if there are any bids on Jet Airways. We already all know the answer to that. There will be no bid. But, once that deadline has officially passed, the government will be free to announce that all temporary routes allocated from Jet's quote (in prior months) would be made permanent.........but more importantly, they may announce the remaining distribution of Jet's slots/routes...... and then that's probably when Vistara can formally announce its new routes. If my hypothesis is correct, the delay is because of India's administrative system of finally dispensing with the Jet Airways imbroglio.
Last edited by edealinfo on Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lightsaber

Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:57 pm

edealinfo wrote:
VTORD wrote:

ZB806-809

I very much appreciate the link. Excellent. Thanks!

Now, what are the implications of what looks like Vistara taking delivery of 4 787s this month? All in one go! This is, as they say in India, "big, big, news". So, again, I go back to my point as to why Vistara hasn't announced any routes for them? Any idea?

My speculation is that the entire airline industry in India is waiting until Nov 12 (or Nov 15) when it will be officially announced if there are any bids on Jet Airways. We already all know the answer to that. There will be no bid. But, once that deadline has officially passed, the government will be free to announce that all temporary routes allocated from Jet's quote (in prior months) would be made permanent.........but more importantly, they may announce the remaining distribution of Jet's slots/routes...... and then that's probably when Vistara can formally announce its new routes. If my hypothesis is correct, the delay is because of India's administrative system of finally dispensing with the Jet Airways imbroglio.

4 in a month is sudden presence. The other airlines flying in/out of India won't be able to adapt if suddenly a bunch of routes are announced. I wonder what the first routes will be.

Lightsaber

CPS001

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:24 pm

They will probably start with DEL-BOM/BLR/SIN for crew familiarization.

edealinfo

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:33 pm

lightsaber wrote:
I wonder what the first routes will be.
Lightsaber

Here are my top 7 guesses in order of priority:

1) Mumbai to Tokyo Narita (logic: Vistara has made no bones that it wants to start its first 787 flight to Japan; with Narita they can start service right now but if they use Haneda airport, they will have to wait until March 27, 2020, at the very earliest)

2) Mumbai to London Gatwick (or HEATHROW if it can lease another carrier's slots) [Logic: large Indian population and LHR is a premium airport and hub of its codeshare partner British Airways]

3) Mumbai or New Delhi to Australia (Sydney or Melbourne) [Logic: opening up a market with poor direct flights to India]

4) Mumbai or Delhi to Hong Kong [Logic: connects India's and Hong Kong business and financial hubs]

5) Mumbai and/or Delhi to DUBAI [Logic: O&D and Mumbai capacity is constrained; This scenario assumes that the Government will give Vistara un-used bilateral seats, or India will expand the bilateral with Dubai ]

6) Mumbai or Delhi to Newark or San Francisco [Logic: if you have 4 planes in one shot, 2 could be used for a route to the US and then you only have to wonder where to deploy the other 2]

7) Mumbai or Delhi to Frankfurt [European hub of its United States partner - United Airlines]
Last edited by edealinfo on Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

edealinfo

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:35 pm

CPS001 wrote:

You would ordinarily think that this would be the case but just recently they announced that they are switching the BOM/DEL to SIN route from B737 to brand new A320 neos. Now, why would they bother to do that if they are to again switch to 787?

georgiabill

Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:08 am

Is there any chance AI or SG might take any of 9W'S 77W'S?

unrave

Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:26 am

anshabhi wrote:
Would an airport at Ayodhya make sense now, on the lines of Shirdi Airport?

Lucknow is anyways only 2 hours away

Sri Ramchandra airport at Ayodhya is under planning.

edealinfo

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:04 am

georgiabill wrote:
Is there any chance AI or SG might take any of 9W'S 77W'S?

AI: 0% chance (they can barely cover fuel bills)

SG: Good chance as long as the price is very good. [So, basically, if the price is 30% below the fair market rate, why wouldn't they bite?]

maint123

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:08 am

edealinfo wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
I wonder what the first routes will be.
Lightsaber

Here are my top 7 guesses in order of priority:

1) Mumbai to Tokyo Narita (logic: Vistara has made no bones that it wants to start its first 787 flight to Japan; with Narita they can start service right now but if they use Haneda airport, they will have to wait until March 27, 2020, at the very earliest)

2) Mumbai to London Gatwick (or HEATHROW if it can lease another carrier's slots) [Logic: large Indian population and LHR is a premium airport and hub of its codeshare partner British Airways]

3) Mumbai or New Delhi to Australia (Sydney or Melbourne) [Logic: opening up a market with poor direct flights to India]

4) Mumbai or Delhi to Hong Kong [Logic: connects India's and Hong Kong business and financial hubs]

5) Mumbai and/or Delhi to DUBAI [Logic: O&D and Mumbai capacity is constrained; This scenario assumes that the Government will give Vistara un-used bilateral seats, or India will expand the bilateral with Dubai ]

6) Mumbai or Delhi to Newark or San Francisco [Logic: if you have 4 planes in one shot, 2 could be used for a route to the US and then you only have to wonder where to deploy the other 2]

7) Mumbai or Delhi to Frankfurt [European hub of its United States partner - United Airlines]

The Japan route would be great. Lots of people booking flights for the Olympics. Haneda would be best. Narita is too far from the city.

edealinfo

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:49 am

maint123 wrote:
/quote]
The Japan route would be great. Lots of people booking flights for the Olympics. Haneda would be best. Narita is too far from the city.

There are several factors to consider including that the earliest that Vistara can start Haneda is March 27, 2020 whereas they can start Narita NOW and they are getting 4 787s this month. I have laid out the scenario below:

India’s full service non-Government carrier, Vistara, wishes to start service to Japan from either BOM or Delhi, with a code share with Japan Air Lines. Since JAL already operates from Delhi, I am guessing that Vistara will start Mumbai (BOM) to Tokyo. I assume their target market is Japan and west coast USA and Canada (and for N. America they will use JAL Metal).
Vistara will now have a choice of flying from India to Either Narita or Haneda. Given the stated information, Which Of the 2 should they pick and why?

Separately note that The 2 JAL flights to India to DElhi and Bangalore are from Narita but India was allocated a hard to get Narita slot which means Vistara has that as an option.

Also note that Vistara is receiving 4 brand neW 787s this month. The earliest they can operate to Haneda (to avail of that presumably coveted slot) is March 2020 so if Haneda is the best option they would have to deploy the 4 787s elsewhere. But, Vistara is also receiving at least 1 more 787s in February 2020 which they could hypothetically use towards Haneda at that time.

Thanks in advance to your analyzing the situation and rendering an objective opinion.

airboss787

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:31 am

edealinfo wrote:
CPS001 wrote:

You would ordinarily think that this would be the case but just recently they announced that they are switching the BOM/DEL to SIN route from B737 to brand new A320 neos. Now, why would they bother to do that if they are to again switch to 787?

Like CPS001 said, those planes, be it 1 or 4 will probably be used for familiarization on the DEL-BOM/BLR/CCU/MAA and others. That can last a few months. They may announce routes when they announce the arrival of the aircraft probably. They won't however start them for atleast 3-4 months to allow for sales and promotion and awareness to grow. They might even choose to have a couple of aircraft permanently on the domestic routes to free up some 320neo aircraft to open up other routes.

For routes, I would assume Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore will probably be high on the list.

avier

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:58 am

Vistara should try BOM-SYD. That's one route long overdue. There were always hopes of 9W then starting it, but that never happened then. They can also have BOM-LHR and sell the SYD service via BOM as SYD-BOM-LHR, targetting premium pax of that route too. Even Manchester (MAN) similarly maybe.

DobboDobbo

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:15 am

avier wrote:
Vistara should try BOM-SYD. That's one route long overdue. There were always hopes of 9W then starting it, but that never happened then. They can also have BOM-LHR and sell the SYD service via BOM as SYD-BOM-LHR, targetting premium pax of that route too. Even Manchester (MAN) similarly maybe.

I’m anticipating a new BOM-MAN service within the next 12-24 months. Whether that is delivered via IndiGo, Vistara or Virgin Atlantic (or a combination of these) is debatable. They each offer something slightly different than the other.

vadodara

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:13 pm

maint123 wrote:

Precisely the reason Govt of Japan opened up Hanead slots to international traffic.

vadodara

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:15 pm

edealinfo wrote:
vadodara wrote:

It would really be creative to have an airport that serves (Ayodhya, Pataliputra, and more importantly, Nepal, and heavily market the "circuit" and a new "joint" airport for tourism. The Government should throw this (new airport) open to the private sector so they can move fast.

The UP Chief Minister, Yogi Aditynath, is from Gorakhpur. I am sure he has a strategy for this.

Now that Jewar project is a go, W UP is covered. A smaller version of this might be expected for E UP.

unnayan

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:22 pm

avier wrote:

Only thing might be that BOM-SYD might eat into parent SQ's traffic a bit... but i am not sure if they even think that way....but yes it is surprising to see the minimal amount of direct flights from India to Australia given the presence of large Indian diaspora

edealinfo

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:41 pm

Jakarta's (in Indonesia) third biggest undeserved market is New Delhi. [2 way traffic: 64K]: Why hasn't Indigo explored the opportunity as yet?

Guangzhou's (in China) second largest undeserved market is Mumbai. [2 way traffic: 54K]: Why hasn't SpiceJet explored the opportunity as yet?

Seoul's (in South Korea) seventh largest undeserved market is Chennai. [2 way traffic: 43K]: Why hasn't Korean Air Lines explored the opportunity? It would be perfect route for Sky Team which currently has a 0% presence in Chennai (same of them). Also, isn't MAA- Seoul-North America West Coast a sound routing?

https://www.anna.aero/2019/03/06/100-ro ... p-service/

edealinfo

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:45 pm

New Delhi's top undeserved markets are as follows: [Numbers after the City indicate indirect two-way traffic]. What could Vistara do with this information?

1. Los Angeles [130K]

2. Denpasar/Bali [110K]

3. Auckland, New Zealand [107K]

4. Brisbane [75K]

5. Barcelona [71K]

6. Jakarta [64K]

7. Manila [64K]

8. Seattle [55K]

9. Calgary: [55K]

10. Brussels [50K]

edealinfo

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:56 pm

AirAsia aggressively goes after Ahmadabad while adding it as a new destination. Meanwhile, they completely ignore Mangalore which is the 2nd largest city in their home base state of Karnataka.

https://www.businesstoday.in/sectors/av ... 89646.html

edealinfo

Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:07 pm

Tamil Nadu flyers’ fondness for Australia pushes Sri Lanka airlines to add service

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 988704.cms

VTORD

Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:20 pm

edealinfo wrote:
New Delhi's top undeserved markets are as follows: [Numbers after the City indicate indirect two-way traffic]. What could Vistara do with this information?

Not much.
For e.g., 130K is a pretty low number for an airport served 1-stop by ME3, EU3, VS, TK, SV, SQ, CX, CA and soon to begin UA.
The same case could be made for SEA - one stop on EK, DL, BA, LH, JL, SQ and soon to begin UA.

Now if Vistara can explore something like DEL-BNE-AKL along the lines of QF's SYD-LAX-JFK, that could work given the numbers. I suspect as pointed out by someone upthread that SQ probably carries a bulk of that traffic so it will come down to that.

Also I am sure you meant "unserved", not undeserved..... completely different meaning!

CPS001

Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:25 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Jakarta's (in Indonesia) third biggest undeserved market is New Delhi. [2 way traffic: 64K]: Why hasn't Indigo explored the opportunity as yet?

Guangzhou's (in China) second largest undeserved market is Mumbai. [2 way traffic: 54K]: Why hasn't SpiceJet explored the opportunity as yet?

Seoul's (in South Korea) seventh largest undeserved market is Chennai. [2 way traffic: 43K]: Why hasn't Korean Air Lines explored the opportunity? It would be perfect route for Sky Team which currently has a 0% presence in Chennai (same of them). Also, isn't MAA- Seoul-North America West Coast a sound routing?

Indonesia has seen spotty service from several points in India for a while but no one has really been able to hold on. IndiGo will probably target Indonesia soon enough.

Guangzhou is now connected to Mumbai by Rwandair.

MIAFLLPBIFlyer

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:22 pm

edealinfo wrote:

I have long expected a MAA-ICN flight - economic ties between Chennai and Korea have grown. I never thought NRT-MAA would happen before ICN-MAA, but the ties with Japan have grown in recent years.

edealinfo

Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:12 am

VTORD wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Not much.
For e.g., 130K is a pretty low number for an airport served 1-stop by ME3, EU3, VS, TK, SV, SQ, CX, CA and soon to begin UA.
The same case could be made for SEA - one stop on EK, DL, BA, LH, JL, SQ and soon to begin UA.

Now if Vistara can explore something like DEL-BNE-AKL along the lines of QF's SYD-LAX-JFK, that could work given the numbers. I suspect as pointed out by someone upthread that SQ probably carries a bulk of that traffic so it will come down to that.

Also I am sure you meant "unserved", not undeserved..... completely different meaning!

Thanks for providing logic as you respond which is always helpful.

>>>Now if Vistara can explore something like DEL-BNE-AKL

Much the same as Rwanda - Bombay - Guangzhou which is successful
Last edited by edealinfo on Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

edealinfo

Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:18 am

CPS001 wrote:

#1: Indonesia has seen spotty service from several points in India for a while but no one has really been able to hold on. IndiGo will probably target Indonesia soon enough.

# 2 Guangzhou is now connected to Mumbai by Rwandair.

#1: Agree

#2: There were reports that the RwandAir flight from Rwanda to Guangzhou via Bombay was doing better than expected and I wondered why. Kudos to the Rwandans for putting 2 and 2 together and making the most of the opportunity.

edealinfo

Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:21 am

MIAFLLPBIFlyer wrote:
I have long expected a MAA-ICN flight - economic ties between Chennai and Korea have grown. I never thought NRT-MAA would happen before ICN-MAA, but the ties with Japan have grown in recent years.

I just don't know why SkyTeam ignores MAA. Does MAA-ICN-US West Coast make sense in terms of routing? If not, maybe there isn't enough traffic for just O & D alone?

maint123

Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:39 am

Just for informations sake, of India's total international traffic, just googled passenger numbers served by Indian carriers and by foreign ones.
Trying to understand why Indian carriers don't have a healthy bottomline inspite of consistent growth in international traffic.
And its pretty interesting reading. Foreign carriers carry more passengers than Indian ones - 6.7 m by Indian carriers vs around 10 m by foreign ones. The figures are for Jan to Mar 19, including jet Airways. Now what the situation is can't say as jet was the highest international passenger carrier along with AI.
http://dgca.gov.in/reports/stat-ind.htm

MIAFLLPBIFlyer

Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:27 am

edealinfo wrote:
MIAFLLPBIFlyer wrote:

I just don't know why SkyTeam ignores MAA. Does MAA-ICN-US West Coast make sense in terms of routing? If not, maybe there isn't enough traffic for just O & D alone?

DL did fly to MAA from 05'-07'(?) and I want to say AF did for a year or so after. But since then nothing. DL dropped Chennai service when they decided to try and link BOM nonstop to JFK - at that point they stopped the scissors USA-India operation via CDG.

edealinfo

Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:42 am

MIAFLLPBIFlyer wrote:
DL did fly to MAA from 05'-07'(?) and I want to say AF did for a year or so after. But since then nothing. DL dropped Chennai service when they decided to try and link BOM nonstop to JFK - at that point they stopped the scissors USA-India operation via CDG.

But now that DL has taken a 10% stake in Korean Air and Korean serves as their joint venture partner for Asia via the pacific, and there is also O &D between MAA and Korea, maybe DL can lean on Korean. However, I think this will ultimately be a 100% Korean decision whether to start or not.

JOYA380B747

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:46 am

lightsaber wrote:
4 in a month is sudden presence. The other airlines flying in/out of India won't be able to adapt if suddenly a bunch of routes are announced. I wonder what the first routes will be.
Lightsaber

I believe they are bringing in multiple aircrafts for a possible USA non-stop, alongside another route to London or Tokyo. 4 may be sudden presence but is not over-capacity if ULH ops are being considered. Also UK will most likely ply it on domestic and short haul intl routes for a couple of months for crew training.

edealinfo

Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:37 pm

JOYA380B747 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
Lightsaber

I believe they are bringing in multiple aircrafts for a possible USA non-stop, alongside another route to London or Tokyo. 4 may be sudden presence but is not over-capacity if ULH ops are being considered. Also UK will most likely ply it on domestic and short haul intl routes for a couple of months for crew training.

Thank you for this information.

1. Right now USA to India during the peak season (Dec 14 to Jan 10) is already ~$2,500 round trip for economy class seats with even flights on Kuwait Airways on that route exceeding $2K. If Vistara can operate during that peak period, it could make a windfall by charging the current prices but Dec 14 is fast approaching and they don't want to miss that bus.

2. London: Any indication of whether they have slots to LHR? From whom did they acquire it from? Or, are they going for Gatwick.

3. Andy indication whether for Tokyo it is Narita or Haneda?

4. Presumably, with 1 of Mumbai's runways being resurfaced, using larger capacity aircraft such as 787s would benefit Vistara.

5. If Vistara plys its 787s on domestic routes, is there a chance that the aircraft (including IFEs) will get trashed as those not used to it will "play around" or figit with it?

6. Why does Vistata require crew training on the 787s? Aren't the pilots already licensed to fly the aircraft ,and the crew certified to fly the aircraft? Or, are you suggesting that what they went through to get licensed is bogus.

edealinfo

Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:57 pm

SpiceJet considering plans to commence Cochin-Puducherry service
https://centreforaviation.com/news/spic ... ice-953578

SpiceJet to commence Bangalore-Jharsuguda and Bangalore-Jasialmer services in Nov-2019
https://centreforaviation.com/news/spic ... 019-953602

hohd

Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:18 pm

Vistara should fly to Tokyo (preferably Haneda) from DEL. Others in the list are BOM-London (LGW or LHR if they can get the slots), and then consider BOM-CDG (Jet had flights to CDG) and of course the usual Dubai or some other Middle Eastern destination.

edealinfo

Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:26 pm

Bengaluru: Fog, taxiway congestion delays a whopping 129 flights

Question: Will fog-related delays end once Bangalore's 2nd runway, which is CAT III capable, becomes operational in mid-December?

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... 003675.cms?

unnayan

Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:35 pm

edealinfo wrote:
JOYA380B747 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
Lightsaber

Thank you for this information.

1. Right now USA to India during the peak season (Dec 14 to Jan 10) is already ~$2,500 round trip for economy class seats with even flights on Kuwait Airways on that route exceeding $2K. If Vistara can operate during that peak period, it could make a windfall by charging the current prices but Dec 14 is fast approaching and they don't want to miss that bus.

2. London: Any indication of whether they have slots to LHR? From whom did they acquire it from? Or, are they going for Gatwick.

3. Andy indication whether for Tokyo it is Narita or Haneda?

4. Presumably, with 1 of Mumbai's runways being resurfaced, using larger capacity aircraft such as 787s would benefit Vistara.

5. If Vistara plys its 787s on domestic routes, is there a chance that the aircraft (including IFEs) will get trashed as those not used to it will "play around" or figit with it?

6. Why does Vistata require crew training on the 787s? Aren't the pilots already licensed to fly the aircraft ,and the crew certified to fly the aircraft? Or, are you suggesting that what they went through to get licensed is bogus.

AI does a lot of domestic 787.. not saying that they are not trashed... :razz:

I read somewhere that UK sent pilots to parent SQ for 787 training.. but even the biggest of airlines do crew familiarisation flights.. see BA.. always do LHR-MAD, they did it for A380, 787 and now A350

edealinfo

Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:48 pm

I understand that Singapore Airlines doesn't fly from Singapore to Tel Aviv because they aren't allowed to overfly Saudi Arabia on that route (Air India is allowed to overfly Saudi on the DEL to Tel Aviv route). This makes me wonder whether it would be a prime opportunity for Vistara to start DEL to Tel Aviv with a code share with Singapore Airlines.

I mean, if India is the ONLY country in the world allowed to overfly Saudi to fly to Tel Aviv, why don't the Indian carriers milk that route? Millions of Indian Christians probably want to visit the holy land and there are numerous Israelis who visit India. Further, India-Israel military ties presumably are strong since Israel is one of the top exporters of military hardware to India.

So, my suggestions for the top 2 routes that have "inherent value" are:

1) BOM or DEL to Tokyo Haneda (The first time Haneda has opened up to India in 4 decades and only 1 daytime slot pair has been allotted to India so it is "platinum"). Note that Canada, UAE etc, didn't get any such rights.

2) BOM or DEL to Tel Aviv: For reasons stated in my introductory para.

I mean how many times do you have such low hanging fruit???? Will Vistara act or pass or allow other Indian carriers to pull the carpet from under their feet?

VTORD

Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:10 pm

edealinfo wrote:

Crew familiarization is about a lot more than just type rating pilots on an aircraft. Lot of stuff needs to be ironed out from the operational perspective. Getting F/A s used to servicing a larger a/c, efficiently boarding a larger a/c, turnaround, staffing (minimum / optimum), safety etc.,.

edealinfo

Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:07 pm

"To make India truly affordable for travellers, tackle airport monopolies"

This is an op-ed but has a nice chart on the status of airport development in India

https://www.cnbctv18.com/views/to-make- ... 162251.htm

vadodara

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:03 pm

JOYA380B747 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
Lightsaber

The assumption is they have a decent idea of what TCS iemployees are flying with the expected benefits in reduction of stops.

unnayan

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:46 pm

vadodara wrote:
JOYA380B747 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
Lightsaber

The assumption is they have a decent idea of what TCS iemployees are flying with the expected benefits in reduction of stops.

Could not understand the point you are making....

edealinfo

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:40 pm

vadodara wrote:
JOYA380B747 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
Lightsaber

I understand that TCS is a Tata Company so you are suggesting that Vistara would know the volumes they generate to the US. But I don't follow the latter part of the sentence which reads "with the expected benefits in reduction of stops."

Benefits to whom? And how much? And of what value is that to either TCS or Vistara?

vadodara

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:55 pm

Vistara is controlled by Tata Sons, the holding company for Tata companies. Its current head is the former CEO of TCS.

Basically, Tata Sons have a good idea of what their spend is. In addition, they also have idea of their traffic volumes. Hence, it makes sense for them to start limited non-stop flights.

edealinfo

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:25 pm

Carriers bulk up on planes in advance of likely no-bid for Jet on Nov 12

I read a report about a month ago (and posted the link in this forum) that Indian carriers will receive more planes in the first 2 to 3 weeks of November 2019 than any similar period in the history of Indian aviation. This is perfect timing to "bulk up" on aircraft as the Government will have to redistribute the remaining Jet slots (it presumably held in reserve), if there are no bids for Jet by Nov 12 which means that in less than 24 hours we will know the final status on Jet.

Stay tuned!

edealinfo

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:43 pm

Before Air India divestment, Government will require oil companies, airports, and other vendors to forgo receivables from Air India.

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/gover ... 681731.htm

edealinfo

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:00 am

edealinfo wrote:
Carriers bulk up on planes in advance of likely no-bid for Jet on Nov 12

I read a report about a month ago (and posted the link in this forum) that Indian carriers will receive more planes in the first 2 to 3 weeks of November 2019 than any similar period in the history of Indian aviation. This is perfect timing to "bulk up" on aircraft as the Government will have to redistribute the remaining Jet slots (it presumably held in reserve), if there are no bids for Jet by Nov 12 which means that in less than 24 hours we will know the final status on Jet.

Stay tuned!

The deadline is Nov 15 not Nov 12.

https://www.financialexpress.com/indust ... n/1755671/

https://www.financialexpress.com/indust ... n/1735689/

unnayan

Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:02 am

vadodara wrote:
Vistara is controlled by Tata Sons, the holding company for Tata companies. Its current head is the former CEO of TCS.

Basically, Tata Sons have a good idea of what their spend is. In addition, they also have idea of their traffic volumes. Hence, it makes sense for them to start limited non-stop flights.

I can confirm to you that there is no preference to fly only Vistara or Air Asia on domestic legs too.. and will definitely not be on International sectors. Lowest price always wins.

Besides starting a route to NA based o flying patterns of a group company is preposterous, however big TCS is.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos