User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 23964
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Turkish Aviation November 2019

Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:07 pm

Hello everyone welcome to November. :wave:

I am starting the thread on behalf of TK787 who is occupied on-location filming at the moment.

Here is some random (non TK) news.

o IST airport technically celebrated its 1-year anniversary on Oct 29th. How fast time has flown by.
o IST rolled out a new app available in Android and iOS which includes wayfinding capability around the airport
o For those with PriorityPass - the IGA Lounge at IST now accepts PP customers. It looks to be a huge lounge at 4,440sqm seating 585. (video https://youtu.be/MjGSCFWwqKU)
o Even with government hostility in the media, Israelis are flocking to Turkey approaching record numbers, especially to Antalya. 2019 expected to see about 480,000 Isreali tourist which is approaching the 2010 record of 540,000.
o Freebird Airlines which created a Malta AOC, will base aircraft in Germany - first base being Leipzig starting May 2020 and will operate flights on behalf of TUI Group to 11 destinations.
o Freebird also won a new contract replacing Aegean Airlines and will base an aircraft in Dubrovnik for winter charters from across Europe.
o On the cargo side - MNG which sold its Technic division to Turkish Airlines in 2013 no longer seems to be sending planes to to THY Techic instead signed a deal with Jordan's Joramco for 4 A300/A330 C-checks.
o VietJet Air will again lease pair of Onur Air A321s during the winter season
o More management shakeups at AtlasGlobal including departure of General Manager and a VP in October
o AtlasGlobal continues to experiment with its network with more A330 flights including upgauging existing services to markets like Kuwait and Iraq with larger type.
o AtlasGlobal also picked up a contract in Uzbekistan to operate pilgrimage flights in 2020.
o In addition as part of a brand refresh AtlasGlobal revealed new flight attendant uniforms. Uniforms were designed by 12 groups of students as part of a hackathon competition. Not too exciting in my opinion. Have a 1940s retro look.

Image



As always, please continue below with your own news, views, photos and rumors.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
stylo777
Posts: 2744
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:53 pm

Thanks for the new thread...
The lounge is definitely a must-visit on my next visit. Sure, it probably isn't as good as the TK one, but it looks great and worth a visit.

I like the uniforms, they are retro, but they also look kind of "Russian". Please don't get me wrong and no offense to our Russian friends, but would you say those are the new uniforms of Rossiya, Nordwind or Red Wings Airlines I would totally believe you :)
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23669
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:42 pm

LAXintl wrote:
o In addition as part of a brand refresh AtlasGlobal revealed new flight attendant uniforms. Uniforms were designed by 12 groups of students as part of a hackathon competition. Not too exciting in my opinion. Have a 1940s retro look.

Image



Dreadful uniform. They could have done something a lot better.
 
aldrigsomandre
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:30 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:27 am

I wonder what's going to happen with AtlasGlobal and Air Serbia now that Turkish Airlines is inching closer to a codeshare agreement with Air Serbia.
Any ideas?
 
Blerg
Posts: 2594
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:32 am

aldrigsomandre wrote:
I wonder what's going to happen with AtlasGlobal and Air Serbia now that Turkish Airlines is inching closer to a codeshare agreement with Air Serbia.
Any ideas?


Most likely nothing, things will stay as they are especially since JU is getting a lot of feed from KK flights. Turkish Parliament approved a rigid ASA so no more flights can be added unless JU approves it, that is the Serbian directorate. What will most likely happen is that JU will return to IST with a noon departure from Belgrade and will carry both a KK and TK code.

I think it's a shame KK can't add more flights, the four they have now are full and mostly operated by the A321.

As for their uniforms, they are not bad. They look practical which matters the most.
 
Scotron12
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:13 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:21 am

OA260 wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
o In addition as part of a brand refresh AtlasGlobal revealed new flight attendant uniforms. Uniforms were designed by 12 groups of students as part of a hackathon competition. Not too exciting in my opinion. Have a 1940s retro look.

Image



Dreadful uniform. They could have done something a lot better.


Hmm...the models are certainly not dreadful! :x
 
stylo777
Posts: 2744
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:30 am

what's the reason behind this demand to Belgrade?
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:43 am

Today, Turkish Airlines take delivery of 2 Airbus A321neo's. TC-LSJ and TC-LSK.

Both are on the way heading Istanbul.
 
aldrigsomandre
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:30 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:44 am

Blerg wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:
I wonder what's going to happen with AtlasGlobal and Air Serbia now that Turkish Airlines is inching closer to a codeshare agreement with Air Serbia.
Any ideas?


Most likely nothing, things will stay as they are especially since JU is getting a lot of feed from KK flights. Turkish Parliament approved a rigid ASA so no more flights can be added unless JU approves it, that is the Serbian directorate. What will most likely happen is that JU will return to IST with a noon departure from Belgrade and will carry both a KK and TK code.

I think it's a shame KK can't add more flights, the four they have now are full and mostly operated by the A321.



KK cannot up-gauge to 330, same as TK, no?
 
Blerg
Posts: 2594
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:07 pm

aldrigsomandre wrote:
Blerg wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:
I wonder what's going to happen with AtlasGlobal and Air Serbia now that Turkish Airlines is inching closer to a codeshare agreement with Air Serbia.
Any ideas?


Most likely nothing, things will stay as they are especially since JU is getting a lot of feed from KK flights. Turkish Parliament approved a rigid ASA so no more flights can be added unless JU approves it, that is the Serbian directorate. What will most likely happen is that JU will return to IST with a noon departure from Belgrade and will carry both a KK and TK code.

I think it's a shame KK can't add more flights, the four they have now are full and mostly operated by the A321.



KK cannot up-gauge to 330, same as TK, no?


The bilateral forbids anything larger than A321/B739. Naturally this does not apply to the charter traffic that is completely liberalized.
 
Blerg
Posts: 2594
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:09 pm

stylo777 wrote:
what's the reason behind this demand to Belgrade?


Tourist numbers started booming since Serbia suspended the visa regime for Turkish passport holders. I think there is potential for more flights from other cities as well but nothing will change as long as this strict bilateral is in place. Sun Express operated some charter flights from Izmir but they didn't come back this year.

Mind you, some months ago TK requested to increase BEG to 17 weekly with certain morning/evening flights upgraded to widebodies. All requests were turned down.
 
User avatar
TK787
Posts: 4197
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:17 pm

Thanks LAXintl for the new thread :)
Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia.
I've been here for a week and working long hours. Yes, why wouldn't Turks love it here. No VISA, very affordable hotels, food and beverage prices, Casinos in the middle of the city and you can smoke cigarettes pretty much anywhere :lol:
 
Blerg
Posts: 2594
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:22 pm

TK787 wrote:
Thanks LAXintl for the new thread :)
Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia.
I've been here for a week and working long hours. Yes, why wouldn't Turks love it here. No VISA, very affordable hotels, food and beverage prices, Casinos in the middle of the city and you can smoke cigarettes pretty much anywhere :lol:


Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Actually there is a law that came into force that was supposed to ban indoor smoking. However it says that places smaller than (I think) 50m2 can't have indoor smoking all those that are larger can chose what they want to be so naturally they all allow smoking. :D
 
MoonC
Posts: 277
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:26 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:13 pm

TK's first A350-900, MSN403 entered the FAL.

Source: https://digitalairliners.com/2019/10/31/log-toulouse-blagnac-30-31-10-2019/
 
Tomotron
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:03 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:14 am

Anyone know the status on potential IST-SYD/MEL flights on TK?
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 23964
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:46 am

Dont hold your breath for Australia.

Longhaul focus still centered on Far East and Americas.

Australia will come, but not around the corner.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
Tomotron
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:03 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:00 am

LAXintl wrote:
Dont hold your breath for Australia.

Longhaul focus still centered on Far East and Americas.

Australia will come, but not around the corner.

Thanks for your reply!

Tomotron
 
ist2014
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:11 am

Can 359 ulr or potentail 351 ulr do syd/mel non stop with reasonable payload
 
ist2014
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:12 am

If not TK should wait for 778 which might take an other 5-6 years and we are not sure whether boeing will launch 778 or not
 
mict
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:19 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:45 pm

When can we expect further details on the YVR flight? Any chance flights will start by S20?
I imagine they are in the process of finalizing the schedule?
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:04 am

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkis ... ear-148256

And EWR is back on the drawing board again
 
Blerg
Posts: 2594
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:36 am

Starting from June 2020 TK will be increasing Minsk from 7 to 10 weekly while RAM launches AYT flights.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... june-2020/
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 23964
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:02 am

Nicknuzzii wrote:
And EWR is back on the drawing board again


Little details about international gate availability.

Not sure 2020 will be any better unless TK willing to change its proposed schedule significantly, but that changes the routes entire business case as intended hub connectivity is largely lost.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6063
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:17 am

Anyone know why TK decided to remove 1 weekly 789 service to MIA?
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
TK787
Posts: 4197
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:56 am

[threeid][/threeid]-Finally, after me requesting couple of times TK 789 seat plan is on seatguru.com
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Turki ... _787-9.php
-By the way, no one mentioned that there is a very tall new control tower being built at SAW. It must be at least 40m or so from what I can see, two cylinder shaped towers adjacent to each other.
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 4525
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:17 am

I saw IATA published a chart showing ASKs growth at the worlds 50 busiest airports since 2010, and the IST growth was spectacular 151 percent!
If one excludes the ME3 hubs, only Jeddah experienced more growth on percentage basis than IST.
mercure f-wtcc
 
peterinlisbon
Posts: 1576
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:19 pm

I think Turkish is missing out in India. It surprises me that they don't fly to a lot more cities there.
 
aldrigsomandre
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:30 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:28 pm

peterinlisbon wrote:
I think Turkish is missing out in India. It surprises me that they don't fly to a lot more cities there.


They'd like to, but the relations between the two countries aren't good, hence, the bilateral agreement is rather limiting.
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 293
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:48 pm

Apparently TK is retiring their only 737-700, TC-JKO, quite imminently. It's odd how long they kept a single 73G for!

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/82997-turkish-airlines-to-retire-only-b737-700-in-mid-4q19
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23669
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:22 pm

Got to try out the new seats at WTM today. I really like the design .


Image
.
Image
.
Image
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:23 pm

AirbusA343 wrote:
Apparently TK is retiring their only 737-700, TC-JKO, quite imminently. It's odd how long they kept a single 73G for!

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/82997-turkish-airlines-to-retire-only-b737-700-in-mid-4q19
Do you have access to the whole article? It will be scrapped or for sale?
 
aldrigsomandre
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:30 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:05 pm

OA260 wrote:
Got to try out the new seats at WTM today. I really like the design .


Image
.
Image
.
Image


It looks extremely cramped though. I'm guessing these are the Singapore 787-10 seats - so damn cramped those were.
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 293
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:18 pm

Yakamoz wrote:
AirbusA343 wrote:
Apparently TK is retiring their only 737-700, TC-JKO, quite imminently. It's odd how long they kept a single 73G for!

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/82997-turkish-airlines-to-retire-only-b737-700-in-mid-4q19
Do you have access to the whole article? It will be scrapped or for sale?

Unfortunately I don't have full access, I imagine more news will come in the following days. If you take "mid Q4 2019" literally, then that means it will be gone in 10/11 days but it's probably not that exact!
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 4525
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:41 pm

aldrigsomandre wrote:
It looks extremely cramped though. I'm guessing these are the Singapore 787-10 seats - so damn cramped those were.


There is a an extensive trip report from last week, and the very experienced poster calls then one of his top 3 or maybe even top 2 business class products in the world.

https://onemileatatime.com/turkish-787- ... ss-review/
mercure f-wtcc
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 4525
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:47 pm

Turkish Airlines posted its Q3 financials

Net income profit 655mil USD

https://investor.turkishairlines.com/en ... ly-results
mercure f-wtcc
 
ricq
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:25 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:39 pm

mercure1 wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:
It looks extremely cramped though. I'm guessing these are the Singapore 787-10 seats - so damn cramped those were.


There is a an extensive trip report from last week, and the very experienced poster calls then one of his top 3 or maybe even top 2 business class products in the world.

https://onemileatatime.com/turkish-787- ... ss-review/


His actual quote about the seats is:

"So, overall how does the seat rank? I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite business class seat, though I do think it’s an above average staggered seat, particularly for the privacy it affords. I’d say it ranks in the top five seat “styles” out there."

Regarding the overall business class experience, which includes food and service, as well as the comfort of the seat:

"I’ve long thought that Turkish Airlines has one of the best business class soft products out there, though their hard product wasn’t competitive.

"Their new 787-9 is a massive improvement, and all things considered this business class experience ranks in my top three in the world, and maybe even top two."
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 23964
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:17 am

Next TK lounge has opened -- Miami - located in Concourse E. Will accept Priority Pass.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 23964
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:26 am

Xi'an launch official. Effective late December - 3x weekly. Will go daily effective summer 2020. A schedule should be published shortly.

Image
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
Zesta
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:05 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:35 am

Turkish Airlines signed an agreement with Global Eagle and Profen to bring IFC to its narrow body airplanes.

http://investors.geemedia.com/news-rele ... nnectivity
 
User avatar
TK105
Posts: 578
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:07 pm

Zesta wrote:
Turkish Airlines signed an agreement with Global Eagle and Profen to bring IFC to its narrow body airplanes.

http://investors.geemedia.com/news-rele ... nnectivity

Interesting! Havelsan was supposed to fill this business line in Turkey.
The future is in the skies.
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6063
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:05 pm

LAXintl wrote:
Next TK lounge has opened -- Miami - located in Concourse E. Will accept Priority Pass.


Fifth outside of IST.

https://onemileatatime.com/turkish-airl ... nt-4277997
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 23964
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:21 pm

Miami wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
Next TK lounge has opened -- Miami - located in Concourse E. Will accept Priority Pass.


Fifth outside of IST.

https://onemileatatime.com/turkish-airl ... nt-4277997


6th. JFK opened last month.

TK rents the space and Turkish airport operator TAV manages them.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6063
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:22 pm

LAXintl wrote:
Miami wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
Next TK lounge has opened -- Miami - located in Concourse E. Will accept Priority Pass.


Fifth outside of IST.

https://onemileatatime.com/turkish-airl ... nt-4277997


6th. JFK opened last month.

TK rents the space and Turkish airport operator TAV manages them.


6th*. Still an impressive number.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
Zesta
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:05 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:43 pm

TK105 wrote:
Zesta wrote:
Turkish Airlines signed an agreement with Global Eagle and Profen to bring IFC to its narrow body airplanes.

http://investors.geemedia.com/news-rele ... nnectivity

Interesting! Havelsan was supposed to fill this business line in Turkey.


Actually there's another press release which I forgot to post along;

http://investors.geemedia.com/news-rele ... le-deliver
 
mict
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:19 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:12 pm

LAXintl wrote:
Miami wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
Next TK lounge has opened -- Miami - located in Concourse E. Will accept Priority Pass.


Fifth outside of IST.

https://onemileatatime.com/turkish-airl ... nt-4277997


6th. JFK opened last month.

TK rents the space and Turkish airport operator TAV manages them.


Technically, this isn't a TK lounge right? It uses the Primeclass brand.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 23964
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:10 pm

mict wrote:
Technically, this isn't a TK lounge right? It uses the Primeclass brand.


Its a TK lounge, the one they have talked about for 2-years, but they use TAV Primeclass branding as they seek to avoid Star Alliance conflict in the terminal(which is partially owned by LH) and also position lounge independently to attract many contract carriers. Already CA, J2, MU, JL, SV, AT, KX, and DY have agreed to use the lounge.

TAV runs TK branded lounges in places such as IAD, NBO, plus many in Turkey including ones in Ankara and Izmir while running others jointly under Primeclass branding.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
stylo777
Posts: 2744
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:58 pm

Speaking of lounges, I had the chance to visit the TK Miles and Smiles lounge at IST for the first time and left with mixed feelings. Choice of meals is for sure top-notch, but it felt much much smaller than the one at Ataturk. Is that related to the fact that they have exactly the same one located on the East wing of the terminal just for business class passengers?
 
User avatar
TK787
Posts: 4197
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:04 pm

It was crowded today. The whole airport was very busy today. Every DutyFree register had at least 10 people waiting to pay in line. I gave up. Lounge was busy, hardly any place left to sit. Reporting from TK1, A333, TC-LNE. Full flight. 28 min taxi from D13 to 16R. 11 hour flight, already one Y bathroom inop:(
 
User avatar
ankaraflyjet
Posts: 462
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:34 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:49 pm

The flights will start in June 2020, slots assigend at YVR already, the Air Service Agreement between Canada and Turkey is expected to be ratified in the coming months and then the Press Release will be made. I expect this to happen in January or February as there were elections in Canada in the mean time...

mict wrote:
When can we expect further details on the YVR flight? Any chance flights will start by S20?
I imagine they are in the process of finalizing the schedule?
 
Blerg
Posts: 2594
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:43 pm

TK787 wrote:
It was crowded today. The whole airport was very busy today. Every DutyFree register had at least 10 people waiting to pay in line. I gave up. Lounge was busy, hardly any place left to sit. Reporting from TK1, A333, TC-LNE. Full flight. 28 min taxi from D13 to 16R. 11 hour flight, already one Y bathroom inop:(


Any special reason why the airport was busy today? Have they considerably boosted November flying compared to last year?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos