Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
TK787
Posts: 4478
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:52 pm

Not sure, it felt busy everywhere. Passport Control and such. D Pier was much calmer, flight left the gate on time.
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:55 pm

Is it just me or has TK drastically improved their on-time performance recently? I wonder how they managed to improve so dramatically.
 
User avatar
TK787
Posts: 4478
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:07 am

No idea why IST was busy today but this is the first time I saw it this busy, especially the Main Terminal area, Passport Control areas, Duty Free shops, TK lounge. When I went down to the D Pier it was lot calmer.
And my IST-JFK flight, TK1 with A333 was one of the slowest ever at 11:20 hrs... I did not enjoy it. Especially following all other US bound TK 77Ws passing us over the Atlantic. They were going about 30-40mph faster :(
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 24521
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:59 pm

AirbusA343 wrote:
Is it just me or has TK drastically improved their on-time performance recently? I wonder how they managed to improve so dramatically.


:old: new airport.

Gone are the many slot issues, long inbound holding over the sea of Marmara and long takeoff queues.

The airport's ontime performance for October was 86.9%, the best in Europe among the largest 10 airports. TK overall network ontime performance for Oct was 83.7%, which ranks in the top 1/3 of all European and Middle East airlines for the period as well.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
ist2014
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:14 pm

I had lots of flights from/to Saw this week (TK and AJ), all of them were ontime
On the other hand, some new b738 are based at saw. I flew by tc-jvk ie
 
aytdxb
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:18 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:59 am

TK787 wrote:
It was crowded today. The whole airport was very busy today. Every DutyFree register had at least 10 people waiting to pay in line. I gave up. Lounge was busy, hardly any place left to sit. Reporting from TK1, A333, TC-LNE. Full flight. 28 min taxi from D13 to 16R. 11 hour flight, already one Y bathroom inop:(



Well SAW was exactly the same yesterday. I was shocked to see such a packed airport in november.

All F&B outlets were full, ISG lounge had a huge queue at the enterance so I didnt even try.

I fly dxb-saw-ayt route at least once every month with pegasus, or alternatively auh/shj-saw-ayt. Timings are perfect for me to do a weekend trip home.

I have to say I am very impressed with pegasus and how they transformed their business model from a domestic carrier to one of the top regional LCC's for transit passengers. This has also paid of financially. Their shares are skyrocketed and they are expected to announce a record profit today.

I think it was also a very wise move with Turkish economy suffering past two years and their domestic numbers are down.

back to saw. I am sure both the airport management and Pegasus cant wait for the 2nd runaway and the additional terminal.

I was also very surprised to see massive construction of the new tower, I can assure you it wasn't there last month :)
 
User avatar
TK787
Posts: 4478
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:59 am

Just like that, 7th and 8th TK 787-9s are in production, might be delivered in January.
 
emre787
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:05 pm

Hey everyone!

As I was filtering TK aircraft on Flightradar24 lately, I saw that TC-LJK operated AYT-JNB as TK3384 and back JNB-IST as TK3385. Does anyone have further information about those two flights? Maybe a charter for the Turkish Airlines Open in Antalya right now.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 24521
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:12 am

Newark back on the schedule effective May 25, 2020.

Hopefully PANYNJ more cooperative with parking this time.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:16 am

LAXintl wrote:
Newark back on the schedule effective May 25, 2020.

Hopefully PANYNJ more cooperative with parking this time.
I am curious about the schedule. Hopefully a good one.
 
gokmengs
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:33 am

LAXintl wrote:
Newark back on the schedule effective May 25, 2020.

Hopefully PANYNJ more cooperative with parking this time.

Good to hear. With what type of aircraft are they planning this route?
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa
 
upintheair2019
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:53 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:33 am

gokmengs wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
Newark back on the schedule effective May 25, 2020.

Hopefully PANYNJ more cooperative with parking this time.

Good to hear. With what type of aircraft are they planning this route?


A330-300, most likely.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
User avatar
TK787
Posts: 4478
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:13 am

Yakamoz wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
Newark back on the schedule effective May 25, 2020.

Hopefully PANYNJ more cooperative with parking this time.
I am curious about the schedule. Hopefully a good one.


TK29 EWR-IST 00:25-17:10
TK30 IST-EWR 18:35-22:30

And to my surprise; at TK website it is bookable now and EWR-IST is $200 more than JFK-IST roundtrip for travel first week of June, Economy Flexible ticket class.
Not sure why but I thought it would be cheaper. Still, nice to have an option for all NY'ers.
 
HB-IWC
Posts: 4100
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2000 1:09 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:27 am

LAXintl wrote:
Newark back on the schedule effective May 25, 2020.

Hopefully PANYNJ more cooperative with parking this time.


I do not think TK received the schedule they were looking for. They seem to have settled for a short late night turn at EWR, but I am pretty sure they would have preferred to leave IST around 2 pm.
 
gokmengs
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:46 pm

TK787 wrote:
Yakamoz wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
Newark back on the schedule effective May 25, 2020.

Hopefully PANYNJ more cooperative with parking this time.
I am curious about the schedule. Hopefully a good one.


TK29 EWR-IST 00:25-17:10
TK30 IST-EWR 18:35-22:30

And to my surprise; at TK website it is bookable now and EWR-IST is $200 more than JFK-IST roundtrip for travel first week of June, Economy Flexible ticket class.
Not sure why but I thought it would be cheaper. Still, nice to have an option for all NY'ers.

Thank you for the info. What connections can be logically made with that IST arrival? What markets are they targeting you guys think?
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 24521
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:04 pm

gokmengs wrote:
Thank you for the info. What connections can be logically made with that IST arrival? What markets are they targeting you guys think?


1710 arrival time similar to summer schedule to many other U.S. flights and provides connections to places like Israel, Iran, Lebanon, Pakistan, big Africa markets like ADD, NBO, Arabian Gulf markets, and tons of other stuff.

Basically its the same time as TK12 from JFK that today arrives at IST af 1725 with all those same beyond connections.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 4767
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:08 pm

It seems most TK US-Turkey services arrive around 1700-1800 (MIA, JFK, LAX, SFO, IAD, IAH, ORD, etc), so new EWR flight matches schedule.
mercure f-wtcc
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:09 pm

Is this an addition to the existing 3 daily JFK or replacement for one daily JFK?
 
emre787
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Yakamoz wrote:
Is this an addition to the existing 3 daily JFK or replacement for one daily JFK?


It will be an addition :) There'll be a total of 4 flights to the New York Area, with JFK mostly beeing double daily 77W and an A333 while EWR also gets an A333. But I'm pretty sure that EWR will be upgraded to the 789 or A359 :bouncy:
 
User avatar
TK787
Posts: 4478
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:41 pm

Yakamoz wrote:
Is this an addition to the existing 3 daily JFK or replacement for one daily JFK?

Looking at June'20 dates, JFK stays at 3 x Daily, 2 x 77W, 1 x A333.
 
mict
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:19 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:15 am

So I read that the new TK lounge in MIA isn't even in the concourse TK operates out of and isn't connected airside... I found that pretty bizarre. You need to clear security 2 times if you wanna use the TK lounge?
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 774
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:41 pm

That unfortunate and lonely TK 332 (TC-JIP) stranded at IKA for almost 3 months, finally made it home today. The flight was not a direct one and included a technical stop at TZX, before arriving to IST (and not to ISL/AHL where the major MRO facility is still located...). The TZX stopover seems to be a technical one for re-fuelling. This gives me the impression that TC-JIP made a one-engine dispatch from IKA with min fuel load, no other load, etc.
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
gokmengs
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:29 am

LAXintl wrote:
gokmengs wrote:
Thank you for the info. What connections can be logically made with that IST arrival? What markets are they targeting you guys think?


1710 arrival time similar to summer schedule to many other U.S. flights and provides connections to places like Israel, Iran, Lebanon, Pakistan, big Africa markets like ADD, NBO, Arabian Gulf markets, and tons of other stuff.

Basically its the same time as TK12 from JFK that today arrives at IST af 1725 with all those same beyond connections.


I must have asked that before my coffee my bad:) , yes indeed very good connection times just like the many US flights thank you.

mafaky wrote:
That unfortunate and lonely TK 332 (TC-JIP) stranded at IKA for almost 3 months, finally made it home today. The flight was not a direct one and included a technical stop at TZX, before arriving to IST (and not to ISL/AHL where the major MRO facility is still located...). The TZX stopover seems to be a technical one for re-fuelling. This gives me the impression that TC-JIP made a one-engine dispatch from IKA with min fuel load, no other load, etc.


Finally, thank for the info. TZX stop over is indeed interesting, but I'm pretty sure you cannot legally dispatch a twin engine aircraft with one engine, I know this is an extreme situation but I'm pretty sure I read here on a net from good authority that you can't let a twin engine start a take off roll legally with 1 engine. If thats the case and they have done it, it deserves its own thread here:)
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa
 
stylo777
Posts: 2808
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:42 am

TK787 wrote:
Yakamoz wrote:
Is this an addition to the existing 3 daily JFK or replacement for one daily JFK?

Looking at June'20 dates, JFK stays at 3 x Daily, 2 x 77W, 1 x A333.

...and starting winter 20/21 the A359 has been scheduled already on some flights
 
gokmengs
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:48 am

@stylo777 what flights do you see the 350? Thanks
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa
 
stylo777
Posts: 2808
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:48 am

I also don't believe it's possible to take-off with one operable engine only; however, there sure were other limitations to justify the stop in TZX.
according to FR24 flightlevel was quite high (40.000ft.)
 
upintheair2019
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:53 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:50 am

gokmengs wrote:
@stylo777 what flights do you see the 350? Thanks


See here: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-13nov19/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
stylo777
Posts: 2808
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:51 am

gokmengs wrote:
@stylo777 what flights do you see the 350? Thanks

TK 003 127 IST JFK 1 0835 1130 0 01NOV20 09MAR21 359 10:55
TK 001 12 IST JFK 1 1455 1825 0 02NOV20 09MAR21 359 11:30

see also https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-13nov19/

Turkish Airlines on Wednesday (13NOV19) extended schedule listing into winter 2020/21 season for selected markets, effective from 25OCT20. Preliminary listing as follows.

Istanbul – Bangkok eff 27OCT20 TK068/069 A350-900XWB replaces A330-300 on Day 246
Istanbul – Montreal eff 25OCT20 A350-900XWB replaces A330-300 (787-9 in S20)
Istanbul – New York JFK eff 25OCT20 A350-900XWB operating along with 777-300ER
TK001/012 359 Day x357 77W Day 357
TK003/004 359 Daily

Istanbul – Seoul Incheon eff 25OCT20 TK088/089 A350-900XWB operates 3 weekly, A330-300 1 weekly
Istanbul – Tokyo Narita eff 26OCT20 787-9 operates 4 weekly, instead of 3 weekly 787 and 1 weekly 777 in S20
Istanbul – Washington Dulles eff 26OCT20 TK187/188 A350-900XWB replaces 787-9, 3 weekly
 
User avatar
TK787
Posts: 4478
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:59 pm

According to airporthaber.com;
TK to shut down two routes from SAW; Abu Dhabi and Riyadh.
I am sure they can use those planes better in other money making destinations, instead of competing with Pegasus.
 
User avatar
ChrisNH38
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:55 pm

When is the BOS flight supposed to switch from A333 to 789? The web site shows the 333 throughout most of the next summer.
https://my.flightradar24.com/ChrisNH
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 24521
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:22 pm

IGA released a 17-minute documentary in English called "The Great Move" detailing behind the scenes activity that culminated with the airport transfer between April 5 and 6th.

Available on YouTube.
https://youtu.be/xtHejk-tvCw
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 774
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:42 pm

TK787 wrote:
According to airporthaber.com;
TK to shut down two routes from SAW; Abu Dhabi and Riyadh.
I am sure they can use those planes better in other money making destinations, instead of competing with Pegasus.



Partly true. Riyadh will be daily on summer TT, 4 weekly in winter. Abu Dhabi will be 4 weekly for summer TT, no flights for winter.
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 774
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:47 am

LAXintl wrote:
IGA released a 17-minute documentary in English called "The Great Move" detailing behind the scenes activity that culminated with the airport transfer between April 5 and 6th.

Available on YouTube.
https://youtu.be/xtHejk-tvCw


Please note that this video is only a release from IGA and mostly comprises of the merge of previous individual footages from different videos. It's not the actual video announced before to be captured by National Geographic or somebody else.
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
Blerg
Posts: 3996
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:05 am

Does TK have a special set of flight numbers for charter flights? I noticed there is a BEG-ADA TK 3354 flight so I am just trying to figure out what it is all about.
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:48 am

Blerg wrote:
Does TK have a special set of flight numbers for charter flights? I noticed there is a BEG-ADA TK 3354 flight so I am just trying to figure out what it is all about.
3XXX flights are mostly charter flights. Maybe a sport team?
 
emre787
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:24 pm

Airlineroute reported details about TKs upcoming Xi'an flights :D IST-XIY will start 3 times weekly with A332.

Turkish Airlines from late-December 2019 is launching new route to China, as the airline opened reservation for Istanbul – Xi’An route on Thursday (14NOV19). From 30DEC19, Airbus A330-200 aircraft will operate this route 3 times weekly.

TK196 IST0155 – 1610XIY 332 135
TK197 XIY0035 – 0610IST 332 246

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -dec-2019/
 
stylo777
Posts: 2808
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:31 pm

emre787 wrote:
Airlineroute reported details about TKs upcoming Xi'an flights :D IST-XIY will start 3 times weekly with A332.

Turkish Airlines from late-December 2019 is launching new route to China, as the airline opened reservation for Istanbul – Xi’An route on Thursday (14NOV19). From 30DEC19, Airbus A330-200 aircraft will operate this route 3 times weekly.

TK196 IST0155 – 1610XIY 332 135
TK197 XIY0035 – 0610IST 332 246

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -dec-2019/

Great news and yet another dot on TK's worldmap and destination portfolio.

I'm actually wondering if I missed the point of next Chinese destination is going to be Xi'An or does it come out-of-nowhere? I mean, there are constant talks with both authorities and limited traffic rights due to tight bilaterals, but I don't recall hearing about XIY. Was it even on the short list?
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 4767
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:26 pm

stylo777 wrote:

I'm actually wondering if I missed the point of next Chinese destination is going to be Xi'An or does it come out-of-nowhere? I mean, there are constant talks with both authorities and limited traffic rights due to tight bilaterals, but I don't recall hearing about XIY. Was it even on the short list?


LAXIntl mentioned Xi'an and Xiamen as next TK stations in China earlier this year.

He seems to have good insight to their network plans.
mercure f-wtcc
 
emre787
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:36 pm

mercure1 wrote:
stylo777 wrote:

I'm actually wondering if I missed the point of next Chinese destination is going to be Xi'An or does it come out-of-nowhere? I mean, there are constant talks with both authorities and limited traffic rights due to tight bilaterals, but I don't recall hearing about XIY. Was it even on the short list?


LAXIntl mentioned Xi'an and Xiamen as next TK stations in China earlier this year.

He seems to have good insight to their network plans.


As far as I can remember from what LAXIntl said, the chinese side gave TK the option to choose between Xi'an and Xiamen and TK selected Xi'an. Probably because Xiamen is already served by another european airline, KLM
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 24521
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:10 pm

Back in May following bilateral talks TK was awarded rights to both Xian and Xiamen which I posted. The agreement was ratified last month at which time TK opted to launch XIY immediately. Goal is to be to operate it daily for summer 2020.
Xiamen and 2 yet to be designated future China markets can hopefully be started in the coming years.

Greater China access has much to do with Chinese airline also increasing service to Turkey. With CZ commencing A380 service and record Chinese visitors, that all bodes well for Turkish side to gain additional frequencies and cities in the future.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 774
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:47 am

emre787 wrote:
Airlineroute reported details about TKs upcoming Xi'an flights :D IST-XIY will start 3 times weekly with A332.

Turkish Airlines from late-December 2019 is launching new route to China, as the airline opened reservation for Istanbul – Xi’An route on Thursday (14NOV19). From 30DEC19, Airbus A330-200 aircraft will operate this route 3 times weekly.

TK196 IST0155 – 1610XIY 332 135
TK197 XIY0035 – 0610IST 332 246

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -dec-2019/


There is a rather long layover of 8+ hrs. at Xİ'an? What are the valid reasons?
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
emre787
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:50 am

mafaky wrote:
emre787 wrote:
Airlineroute reported details about TKs upcoming Xi'an flights :D IST-XIY will start 3 times weekly with A332.

Turkish Airlines from late-December 2019 is launching new route to China, as the airline opened reservation for Istanbul – Xi’An route on Thursday (14NOV19). From 30DEC19, Airbus A330-200 aircraft will operate this route 3 times weekly.

TK196 IST0155 – 1610XIY 332 135
TK197 XIY0035 – 0610IST 332 246

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -dec-2019/


There is a rather long layover of 8+ hrs. at Xİ'an? What are the valid reasons?



Xi'an is located in central China, so the flight time won't be that long in comparison to other Chinese destinations like PEK and PVG. The arrival time is like those other chinese and far eastern flights.
 
emre787
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:51 am

Another update from airlineroute :bouncy:

Turkish Airlines has increased planned A330 service for Manchester in Summer 2020, from 29MAR20. Currently schedules 7 weekly A330-200 instead of previously filed 2 weekly -300 and 1 weekly -200. TK operates Manchester service 14 weekly
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:54 am

TC-JSU has lost its special Lego livery.
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 4767
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:43 am

Is Onur operating charters to Chengdu?
mercure f-wtcc
 
stylo777
Posts: 2808
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:57 pm

emre787 wrote:
Another update from airlineroute :bouncy:

Turkish Airlines has increased planned A330 service for Manchester in Summer 2020, from 29MAR20. Currently schedules 7 weekly A330-200 instead of previously filed 2 weekly -300 and 1 weekly -200. TK operates Manchester service 14 weekly

love your excitement :)
...and with 57x (passenger version) Airbus A330 in the fleet, they surely have to fly everywhere they can.
those flights connect well especially to places like DLM and AYT; after ThomasCook's insolvency I see it as some more capacity-push into the market.

a bit of A330 trivia:
- TK is currently the largest Airbus A330 operator globally (combined pax/cargo versions);
- Air China operates one more in pax version than TK (58 CA iso 57 TK), but doesn't have any freighter versions; not counted in are 6 frames of subsidiary Shenzhen Airlines;
- this is followed by two other Chinese carriers (54x MU China Eastern (+2 of subsidiary FM Shanghai Airlines) and 47x CZ China Southern);
- two other top-spots for TK are: largest fleet of single type versions (A330-300 with 39 and A330-200F with 10 units);
- TK doesn't seem to care at all about the A330neo variants
- due to the fact that many frames are actually leased-in from beneficial market opportunities, the fleet is equipped with all different engine types:

TK/A330-200 (total: 18)
- 8x GE CF6-80E1A3
- 10x PW PW4168A

TK/A330-300 (total: 39)
- 19x GE CF6-80E1A3
- 1x GE CF6-80E1A4
- 19x RR Trent 772B-60

TK/A330-200F (total: 10)
- 1x PW PW4170
- 9x RR Trent 772B-60

Engine split:
- 28x GE powered (with one odd higher trust GE CF6-80E1A4 version and the other 27 being conventional GE CF6-80E1A3)
- 11x are Pratt&Whitney powered (again, one odd higher trust version (PW PW4170) and the remaining 10 are PW PW4168A)
- all 28x aircraft with Rolls Royce engines are powered by the Trent 772B-60
 
gokmengs
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:53 am

Was wondering if there is any more info on the ferry flight details of the 330 stuck in IKA. Wish there was an insider here with more juicy details:)
Also Dubai airshow is in Sun Express ordered 10 737 Max's, so congrats to them and Boeing.
I don't ever recall TK announcing an order at an airshow even in Istanbul, you'd think as a company that pays so much for marketing and global ads they would use the opportunity to announce an order. I for one love would love an announcement of A220 at Dubai, but chances are slim to none.
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa
 
stylo777
Posts: 2808
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:06 pm

gokmengs wrote:
Also Dubai airshow is in Sun Express ordered 10 737 Max's, so congrats to them and Boeing.

this is the press release by Boeing:
https://boeing.mediaroom.com/2019-11-18 ... -Airplanes

being an all-Boeing operator (except for the wet-leased 320's due to the MAX issues), this is more or less a "forced" transformation from options to firm orders.
do they actually have any other options in view of upcoming fleet renewal and availability of other aircraft? clear answer, no... it is still very interesting and well appreciated by Boeing indeed.

btw. how many MAX are already built for XQ, but not delivered?
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:10 pm

stylo777 wrote:
gokmengs wrote:
Also Dubai airshow is in Sun Express ordered 10 737 Max's, so congrats to them and Boeing.

this is the press release by Boeing:
https://boeing.mediaroom.com/2019-11-18 ... -Airplanes

being an all-Boeing operator (except for the wet-leased 320's due to the MAX issues), this is more or less a "forced" transformation from options to firm orders.
do they actually have any other options in view of upcoming fleet renewal and availability of other aircraft? clear answer, no... it is still very interesting and well appreciated by Boeing indeed.

btw. how many MAX are already built for XQ, but not delivered?
5 are stored in US, not yet delivered. 37 now to be build.
 
emre787
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:12 pm

mercure1 wrote:
Is Onur operating charters to Chengdu?


Onur Air has a long but undefined saga with flights to China. Some years ago they wanted to introduce like a whopping 9 destinations in China all being flown from Istanbul. All also being secondary cities. Apart from the apperance of those destinations in the route map nothing actually really happened :P

Here you can see the route map: https://www.goklerdeyiz.net/onur-air-ci ... sliyor-mu/

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos