Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

emre787

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2019

Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:13 pm

Yakamoz wrote:
stylo777 wrote:
gokmengs wrote:
Also Dubai airshow is in Sun Express ordered 10 737 Max's, so congrats to them and Boeing.

this is the press release by Boeing:
https://boeing.mediaroom.com/2019-11-18 ... -Airplanes

being an all-Boeing operator (except for the wet-leased 320's due to the MAX issues), this is more or less a "forced" transformation from options to firm orders.
do they actually have any other options in view of upcoming fleet renewal and availability of other aircraft? clear answer, no... it is still very interesting and well appreciated by Boeing indeed.

btw. how many MAX are already built for XQ, but not delivered?
5 are stored in US, not yet delivered. 37 now to be build.

Yes but also 3 737 Max 9 for SunExpress Germany, D-ASMx

emre787

Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:36 pm

stylo777 wrote:
emre787 wrote:
Another update from airlineroute :bouncy:

Turkish Airlines has increased planned A330 service for Manchester in Summer 2020, from 29MAR20. Currently schedules 7 weekly A330-200 instead of previously filed 2 weekly -300 and 1 weekly -200. TK operates Manchester service 14 weekly

love your excitement :)
...and with 57x (passenger version) Airbus A330 in the fleet, they surely have to fly everywhere they can.
those flights connect well especially to places like DLM and AYT; after ThomasCook's insolvency I see it as some more capacity-push into the market.

a bit of A330 trivia:
- TK is currently the largest Airbus A330 operator globally (combined pax/cargo versions);
- Air China operates one more in pax version than TK (58 CA iso 57 TK), but doesn't have any freighter versions; not counted in are 6 frames of subsidiary Shenzhen Airlines;
- this is followed by two other Chinese carriers (54x MU China Eastern (+2 of subsidiary FM Shanghai Airlines) and 47x CZ China Southern);
- two other top-spots for TK are: largest fleet of single type versions (A330-300 with 39 and A330-200F with 10 units);
- TK doesn't seem to care at all about the A330neo variants
- due to the fact that many frames are actually leased-in from beneficial market opportunities, the fleet is equipped with all different engine types:

TK/A330-200 (total: 18)
- 8x GE CF6-80E1A3
- 10x PW PW4168A

TK/A330-300 (total: 39)
- 19x GE CF6-80E1A3
- 1x GE CF6-80E1A4
- 19x RR Trent 772B-60

TK/A330-200F (total: 10)
- 1x PW PW4170
- 9x RR Trent 772B-60

Engine split:
- 28x GE powered (with one odd higher trust GE CF6-80E1A4 version and the other 27 being conventional GE CF6-80E1A3)
- 11x are Pratt&Whitney powered (again, one odd higher trust version (PW PW4170) and the remaining 10 are PW PW4168A)
- all 28x aircraft with Rolls Royce engines are powered by the Trent 772B-60

Thank you, TK really means a lot to me, like really :D

I try to only fly TK on my trips between Germany and Turkey every time I can. They are also my favourite airline. Many say that I do only admire TK because of me being turkish but they're really different than other airlines imho :bouncy: For some years now I'm also a Miles and Smiles member and so far have made many memories on my flights.

For example I made an Umrah and of course flew with TK to MED and home from JED. And who did fly me 4 hours to Medina? The good old Deli Mike TC-JDM A343 :)

Also I analysed TKs usage of the only 737-700, TC-JKO, and bought a ticket (6 months in advance!) for my family to go to our home town Kayseri from Frankfurt like every year with hopings to fly the little "Kadiköy". And I made a bingo and flew exactly with her to Kayseri :lol:

In meantime I flew TC-LNB, the ex-Kingfisher A332 with Star Alliance c/s and different Business Class, from FRA to IST. Also flew with TC-JRO the Euroleague A321... :bigthumbsup:

Lastly, I made my dream come true and fly TKs 787 to and from Antalya, also first time being in Business Class. Oh man I love this aircraft :spin: have been LLC and LLA btw

Also ask me anything about TKs route network, I'm really into it and know all the destinations and frequencies alongside the used equipment :D

Regarding A330neo at TK: wasn't there a rumour about acquiring 7 or so A339s which were actually destined to Air Berlin? But I think the 787 and A350 are enough for now, maybe we'll also see some ex Thomas Cook A330 coming :rotfl:

stylo777

Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:20 pm

Great enthusiasm Emre; aviation as well as the airlines need more people like you :)

Tabito

Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:13 am

Official, ANA launch IST-HND from March 2020
https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/201911/20191119.html

stylo777

Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:19 pm

TK and (the new) IST airport are surely the main drivers of Turkish aviation and news around it, but I want to take up an article by an Turkish aviation reporter about SAW.

Just a few days ago the airport received it's very first longhaul flight after a decade of operations.
To bring this into relation:
- after IST and AYT, SAW is the 3rd largest airport of Turkey in terms of overall movements (197.000) and passengers (29mil.)
- it serves a metropolis with a population of more than 15mil.
- it runs only with one runway (yet)
- the mentioned longhaul flight is one-weekly MH charter service from KUL; not surprising considering Malaysia Airport Holding Berhad being part of the consortium running the airport

And yet, very limited coverage in the news...

It is also extremely quiet around the biggest SAW and Turkey's 2nd largest airline PC. With a fleet around 83 aircraft and more than 30mil. transported passengers in 2018 surely not a small fish in the overall context.

In previous threads we discussed some of the topics here and there; however, I personally have a feeling that even ESB gets much more attention.
What are your thoughts about it? What is the market outlook for SAW and PC?

gokmengs

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:22 pm

Tabito wrote:
Official, ANA launch IST-HND from March 2020
https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/201911/20191119.html

Great news, a great airline addition. From the table couldn’t figure out frequency hope its not 1.
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa

LAXintl
Topic Author

Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:44 pm

stylo777 wrote:
In previous threads we discussed some of the topics here and there; however, I personally have a feeling that even ESB gets much more attention.
What are your thoughts about it? What is the market outlook for SAW and PC?

Maybe taking about SAW is not as sexy, but the airport plays an important role both for Istanbul and Turkey. Its obviously the home base for Pegasus and also 2nd busiest airport for TK still (~80-90 daily flights)

With 2nd runway finally coming online and added future terminal(with airbridges), along with metro link the airport will have the capacity for comfortable further growth.

Pretty amazing that Istanbul is now a 100million+ market.

gokmengs wrote:
Great news, a great airline addition. From the table couldn’t figure out frequency hope its not 1.

It will be daily. Hopefully, schedules are coordinated with TK so the timings are complimentary.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

aytdxb

Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:39 am

I know that 2nd runway is almost there but is the additional terminal also under construction?

current international terminal is just over crowded, especially during morning and evening hours. Domestic terminal is better and still bearable. But I started to avoid saw if the waiting hours are too long as there is no where to sit, dine or chill. ISG lounge is by far the worse I have ever been ( and I have been to really bad lounges) I only sit at big chef's if I find space. washrooms, hallways, boarding gates, particularly the ones downstairs are unbelievable during peak hours.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:02 pm

aytdxb wrote:
I know that 2nd runway is almost there but is the additional terminal also under construction?

Land clearing for new terminal is pretty much complete. Actual building construction commences in 2020.

aemoreira1981

Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Curious as to why TK has/had one lone 73G and a tiny subfleet of A319 in a fleet of almost 400 (counting the domestic AnadoluJet fleet).

Also, while IST is the mega-hub for TK, I have to wonder if SAW or AYT might ever see long haul service.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:26 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
Curious as to why TK has/had one lone 73G and a tiny subfleet of A319 in a fleet of almost 400 (counting the domestic AnadoluJet fleet).

Also, while IST is the mega-hub for TK, I have to wonder if SAW or AYT might ever see long haul service.

737-700 fleet numbered 6 while A319 fleet was 14.

When first acquired TK fleet was only about 175 and models were needed for performance limited airports and smaller domestic and international markets. Over years they have been subleased to folks like AnadoluJet, Air Albania, etc.

emre787

Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:19 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:

If I remember correctly TK actually had plans to start AYT-JFK with A343 before some years but they never realised it.

Correct me if it only was a rumour

dozerman

Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:28 am

stylo777 wrote:
Just a few days ago the airport received it's very first longhaul flight after a decade of operations.
- after IST and AYT, SAW is the 3rd largest airport of Turkey in terms of overall movements (197.000) and passengers (29mil.)
- the mentioned longhaul flight is one-weekly MH charter service from KUL; not surprising considering Malaysia Airport Holding Berhad being part of the consortium running the airport

If we are counting charters, that flight was certainly not the first long haul flight to/from SAW. QF flew a one time SYD-PER-SAW in 2015. If that doesn't count as long-haul I don't know what would. The schedule for that flight is here:
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... pril-2015/
The flight is also mentioned in this article, it was actually the first non-stop European service for QF (and possibly for any airline).

mafaky

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:52 pm

LAXintl wrote:
aytdxb wrote:

Land clearing for new terminal is pretty much complete. Actual building construction commences in 2020.

Well, this has become a rather "delicate" issue. Yes, the construction of that 2nd Terminal will start at some point of time during 2020. The exact location is now finalised. It will be located between the two runways, for sure. The location will be almost the opposite of the present terminal, nearer ro the seaside direction. If you know where the MRO facilities and cargo terminal are located today, the 2nd Terminal will be built on the extension of that land strip to the eastern side...

Now it looks like this will be a totally independent facility and will have no functional connection with the present terminal. So, it will be basically a standalone terminal building having its own entrance & parking, check-in facilities, baggage claim and immigration areas. What is still uncertain is how it will be integrated to the Metro (underground) station which will be located at the west side of the airport, at the same latitude as the present terminal: quite a big distance around (if not a bit more!) 2.0 km, even with an underground APM. This second terminal will supposedly have some 35-40 million pax/year capacity but this is not the verbal truth. The terminal that will start to be built will boast only 15-20 million. And will not have too many gates, particularly for wide bodies. Surely, they will be installing M.A.R.S. Gates and PBBs where 2 narrow bodies can dock and only one wide body can dock. Still, a max of 12 maybe 14 narrow bodies will be able to dock on this terminal's airside, as it will be only a single airside terminal...

The "touchy" part is that they will later build two (not one) satellite terminals facing this terminal each having 7.5-10 million pax capacity but actually having a much bigger docking capacity (as they will have double sided gate areas).

I don't know if these sats will be utilised only for departures or for both departures and arrivals. And how they are going to link these two sats to the Main 2nd Terminal. The only way seems to be another underground APM, again something like 1.0-1.2 km long or so...

And the other question still remains: Will they allocate the present and (new) 2nd (inc. the sats) terminals to all airlines or will they dedicate these terminals according to respective airlines or if they split the domestic and the international ops?

Note: I am not competent enough to post images/videos here, at this Forum. If somebody who is more competent than me can help, pls. let me know his daily life e-mail address thru the private PM. I'll send this person the prelimanary/prospective images (as attachments) in my possession, asap and he can re-post.
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.

stylo777

Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:52 pm

dozerman wrote:
stylo777 wrote:

If we are counting charters, that flight was certainly not the first long haul flight to/from SAW. QF flew a one time SYD-PER-SAW in 2015. If that doesn't count as long-haul I don't know what would. The schedule for that flight is here:
The flight is also mentioned in this article, it was actually the first non-stop European service for QF (and possibly for any airline).

Correct, totally forgot about the QF flight; however, that was an one-off charter whereas MH is a "regular" or repeating charter flight (as far as I understood...).

aldrigsomandre

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:46 pm

stylo777 wrote:
dozerman wrote:
stylo777 wrote:

Correct, totally forgot about the QF flight; however, that was an one-off charter whereas MH is a "regular" or repeating charter flight (as far as I understood...).

OA260

Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:16 pm

Turkish Airlines Boeing 737-800 suffers nose gear collapse during landing at Odessa, Ukraine

On 21 November, a Turkish Airlines Boeing 737-800 (TC-JGZ) operated flight TK467 between Istanbul, Turkey and Odessa, Ukraine. During the first approach, the aircraft made a go-around before entering into a holding pattern.

On the second attempt the aircraft suffered a nose gear collapse during landing. Passengers and crew members evacuated the aircraft using the emergency slides.

http://www.aviation24.be/airlines/turki ... raine/amp/

emre787

Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:28 pm

OA260 wrote:
Turkish Airlines Boeing 737-800 suffers nose gear collapse during landing at Odessa, Ukraine

On 21 November, a Turkish Airlines Boeing 737-800 (TC-JGZ) operated flight TK467 between Istanbul, Turkey and Odessa, Ukraine. During the first approach, the aircraft made a go-around before entering into a holding pattern.

On the second attempt the aircraft suffered a nose gear collapse during landing. Passengers and crew members evacuated the aircraft using the emergency slides.

Oh no... I even flew her in the summer in Business Class :(

TK787

Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:27 am

Me too :(
My notes tell me that I was on TC-JGZ twice; both from DLM to Ataturk. First flight was on June19th, 2009 and second on August20th, 2017.
Not knowing the severity of the damage above the gear, there is always a chance of a write off :(

A321Lufthansa

Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:17 am

TK787 wrote:
My notes tell me that I was on TC-JGZ twice; both from DLM to Ataturk. First flight was on June19th, 2009 and second on August20th, 2017.
Not knowing the severity of the damage above the gear, there is always a chance of a write off :(

I got on it's board after a sudden replacement from B739 on VKO-IST and it was an awful experience. The air conditioning was smelly and the seats were really worn out. I was so disappointed that moment as this route is always served by at least new B738s...
Although on the way back I had A333 TC-JNP and that was a very nice experience.
Last flown aircrafts: A21N TC-LSF < B738 TC-JVY < E190 D-AECF < B77W VP-BGC < A320 VP-BOM < A320 VQ-BES < A320 OE-LBO < A21N CS-TJO < A21N CS-TXC < E190 CS-TPQ < A319 F-GRXC < A321 F-GTAH < B738 SP-LWF < E175 SP-LII

emre787

Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:51 pm

A321Lufthansa wrote:
TK787 wrote:

I got on it's board after a sudden replacement from B739 on VKO-IST and it was an awful experience. The air conditioning was smelly and the seats were really worn out. I was so disappointed that moment as this route is always served by at least new B738s...
Although on the way back I had A333 TC-JNP and that was a very nice experience.

I flew with TC-JNP twice :D

Thenoflyzone

Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:41 pm

dozerman wrote:

No it wasn’t. The very same article you posted mentions that QF flew non stop from London to Sydney in 1989 with a B747-400.
us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!

dozerman

Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:47 pm

Thenoflyzone wrote:
dozerman wrote:

No it wasn’t. The very same article you posted mentions that QF flew non stop from London to Sydney in 1989 with a B747-400.

Sorry, you’re right. It says the SAW flight was the last time QF flew to Europe non stop, I read that as first.

flyingclrs727

Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:11 am

OA260 wrote:

My wife informs me that all Turkish Airlines flights between IST and ODS are cancelled till Saturday, 30 November. She was supposed to fly on flight 466 from ODS to IST on Monday. Is TK so short of aircraft due to the 737 MAX grounding that they can't handle contingencies like damaged aircraft?

stylo777

Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:49 am

I strongly believe that the decision on ODS is rather based on safety concerns than aircraft availability.

emre787

Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:17 pm

stylo777 wrote:
I strongly believe that the decision on ODS is rather based on safety concerns than aircraft availability.

Yes, I think so too. Seems like pax got bussed to Kherson instead. Yesterday TK flew an A321 to KHE instead of the usual A319.

Hope there aren't that many pax for the next few days... :roll: still impressive that TK flies to ODS 3 times daily

TK787

Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:26 pm

Well, like I said earlier, unfortunately it is a write off.
News are saying that TK crews salvaging the undamaged electronic parts from the -JGZ, to use as spare parts :(
https://www.airporthaber.com/thy-haberl ... derdi.html ( in Turkish Only)

Blerg

Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:06 pm

TK787 wrote:
News are saying that TK crews salvaging the undamaged electronic parts from the -JGZ, to use as spare parts :(

Is the damage that extensive? The plane isn't that old, only 11.5 years old.

emre787

Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:58 pm

Blerg wrote:
TK787 wrote:

I think so actually. Maybe there aren't facilities at Odessa too? Well the good thing is that this was one of the 738s with european Business Class :lol:

Blerg

Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:59 pm

emre787 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
TK787 wrote:

I think so actually. Maybe there aren't facilities at Odessa too? Well the good thing is that this was one of the 738s with european Business Class :lol:

Now that you mentioned it I for some reason remembered that TK A330 in Kathmandu. Is it still there? TK does seem to have an issue when such things happen to its planes abroad. The other A330 stayed in Tehran for months and only returned recently.

emre787

Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:05 pm

Blerg wrote:
emre787 wrote:
Blerg wrote:

Now that you mentioned it I for some reason remembered that TK A330 in Kathmandu. Is it still there? TK does seem to have an issue when such things happen to its planes abroad. The other A330 stayed in Tehran for months and only returned recently.

It was written off because of too high repair costs. Looking at Google Maps, there aren't facilities either which could have accomodated the A330 though.

After standing for some time a Nepalese Pilot bought her up for 600 thousand Nepal Dollars and made a museum out of her :)

fidelidade

Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:32 pm

I hear Turkish Airlines is beginning a flight to Lima via Bogota. Is this true? Also, how is the flight to Mexico City doing?

flyingclrs727

Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:52 pm

stylo777 wrote:

I don't think the weather is the issue for a whole week. My wife texted me and said that MAY Airlines (Ukraine International) has been chartered to provide flights for TK between ODS and IST. I have seen notices on the TK website and via email saying lots of TK flights have been cancelled due to the grounding of the 737 MAX.

TK787

Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:58 pm

fidelidade wrote:
I hear Turkish Airlines is beginning a flight to Lima via Bogota. Is this true? Also, how is the flight to Mexico City doing?

What is the source of this? We've heard in the past about Lima, Peru, just rumors. It never made to the TK's wish list.
IMHO, with the arrival of more 787-9s both Lima and Santiago, Chile could make the wish list one day.

taxiing787

Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:28 pm

Our trip with my friend to LTBA revealed some interesting aircraft in front of Turkish Technic hangar. Have a look, you can also download 8192px picture from Flickr :)

ImagePB240366-Pano by 3mirhan, on Flickr

emre787

Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:48 pm

taxiing787 wrote:
Our trip with my friend to LTBA revealed some interesting aircraft in front of Turkish Technic hangar. Have a look, you can also download 8192px picture from Flickr :)

Nice picture :D The ex Thomas Cook will go to TK and that A333 from CAN is a new addition to Onur Airs fleet

taxiing787

Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:11 pm

emre787 wrote:
taxiing787 wrote:

Nice picture :D The ex Thomas Cook will go to TK and that A333 from CAN is a new addition to Onur Airs fleet

Interesting, I guess its gonna be only CFM powered A321 after long time?

Yakamoz

Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:44 pm

taxiing787 wrote:

Thanks for sharing.
OCE is on ground for very long time now. ATE is probably the next which leave KK fleet.
According to technicians Thomas Cook A321 in ISL is not for TK. Maybe Onur.
Would be great to know if the scrapped frame was TC-OCG?! OCF left this weekend Istanbul and flew to MZJ.
Great catch, new bird OCS.

ankaraflyjet

Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:03 pm

Tunis Air is losing its 4 weekly slots at LHR, great opportunity for THY to get them and to move LGW ESB flights to LHR, 4 weekly will be very good for Ankara London, the slots are two on weekday two on weekend so is ideal...Delta is after the slots too, I hope someone from TK sees this and will move on this matter.....

OA260

Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:19 pm

taxiing787 wrote:

Interesting pic I flew on the TCX Reg TCDC from ACE-BFS a few years back.

aemoreira1981

Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:28 pm

ist2014 wrote:
Can 359 ulr or potentail 351 ulr do syd/mel non stop with reasonable payload

TK would be wise to watch what QF ultimately decides, but QF operates a much more premium configuration (TK B789s are 300 seats in 2 classes, while QF B789s are 236 seats in 3 classes). TK couldn't even reach PER in its configuration.

Is there a reason why TK would not consider introducing a W and Y+ cabin to its planes? W could be 3 rows and Y+ 2 rows...which would take about 6 rows of the current Y cabin. Example: on the B789, instead of J30Y270, the configuration would be J30-W21-Y+18-Y216...reduction of 15 seats from 300 to 285, but more premium revenue (keep in mind the B789 Y seats are 30"/17.3" pitch/width---pitch before R3/L3 in Y would increase to 31").

taxiing787

Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:03 pm

Yakamoz wrote:

Would be great to know if the scrapped frame was TC-OCG?! OCF left this weekend Istanbul and flew to MZJ.
Great catch, new bird OCS.

It had reg like N33?? but its really hard to read, I posted raw + extra info at Twitter btw

https://twitter.com/taxiing787/status/1 ... 96096?s=21

taxiing787

Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:51 am

TK787

Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:06 pm

According to routesonline.com TK will switch to 359 on GRU and EZE starting 13July2020
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... july-2020/

emre787

Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:17 pm

TK787 wrote:
According to routesonline.com TK will switch to 359 on GRU and EZE starting 13July2020
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... july-2020/

Wow, IAD will get the 77W besides the 2nd daily 787 and ICN another 77W :bouncy:
Also nice that there will be 1x weekly frequency more to LAX with the change from A359 to 789 on the additional frequency :D

Now it's clear where the 777s will go

emre787

Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:04 pm

routesonline reporting the change of aircraft on Istanbul - Manila.
The A350-900 will replace the 777-300ER on the daily flights.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... june-2020/

behramjee

Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:57 pm

emre787 wrote:
routesonline reporting the change of aircraft on Istanbul - Manila.
The A350-900 will replace the 777-300ER on the daily flights.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... june-2020/

I am actually liking these moves by TK downgrading certain long haul flights from B77W to A359 as the premium class cabin size of the B77W is too big for the routes + the total costs of operations reduces by 15% almost which is quite substantial $$$ wise on an annual basis.

Yakamoz

Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:53 pm

There are media reports that Turkish carrier Atlasglobal ceased operations until mid december 2019 due to financial instability.

upintheair2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:57 pm

This evening, the airline has sent its employees an email about this: https://aeronewsglobal.com/atlasglobal- ... mber-16th/

In Turkish: https://havahaber.com/atlasglobalden-ko ... ler-durdu/

Blerg

Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:44 pm

They posted on social media a message that they won't be operating from 26.11 to 21.12.

I hope they make it, it would be such a shame to lose them here in Belgrade especially since they were carrying many tourists.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos