Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

kaitak
Topic Author

Irish 11/19: One more to go and then one more ...

Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:44 pm

Welcome to our penultimate thread for 2019!

October was a relatively slow month; not much to report, although we say goodbye to two airlines - Hainan and Air Arabia Maroc - and au revoir (hopefully!) to Cathay, which will hopefully returning next Summer.

EI has received its third A321LR, bid farewell to the first of the ASL 757s to be retired and also its two new A333s have seen the light of day. The first should be delivered later this month.

With the threat of a no-deal brexit apparently off the table, hopefully Britain's exit from the EU will cause as much upset as feared, though clearly, a dip in demand from one of our biggest markets won't help.

It hasn't been too bad a year for Irish aviation and let's hope we get to the end of the year as we've completed the first 10 and the previous several years, with the number of landings equalling the number of takeoffs: always a good indicator of a safe year!

Here's the last thread, if anyone wants to refer back: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1432109

ChrisNH38

Re: Irish 11/19: One more to go and then one more ...

Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:35 pm

I’d love to see a retro 330, a la what BA did with three 747s.
https://my.flightradar24.com/ChrisNH

OA260

Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:40 pm

Aer Lingus owner to slow growth in short-haul flights

IAG chief Willie Walsh said that the move is being considered in light of “macro economic” weakness in Europe

Aer Lingus owner International Airlines Group (IAG) could slow short-haul growth next year on signs of economic weakness in Europe, according to chief executive Willie Walsh.

Mr Walsh stressed that Aer Lingus would continue growing its transatlantic business. “I would be hopeful by this time next year we will have announced new destinations for 2021,” he said.

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... -1.4067929

---

STRIKE THREAT Immigration staff at Dublin Airport threaten strike action over Sunday pay

PASSPORT checkers at Dublin Airport have threatened to strike over anger at not being paid more on Sunday.

Border Management Unit staff are currently at war with the Department of ­Justice over their wages.

Union reps for workers at the unit — who are responsible for immigration and border controls — have said they'll ballot for industrial action unless a Sunday premium payment is brought in.

This would cause travel chaos at Dublin Airport, which deals with over 100,000 passengers a day on average.

A memo sent to members by the Forsa Trade Union said they'd issued the Department of ­Justice with "a final ultimatum" to meet their demands.

www.thesun.ie/news/4707463/immigration- ... unday-pay/

klm617

Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:20 pm

OA260 wrote:
Aer Lingus owner to slow growth in short-haul flights

IAG chief Willie Walsh said that the move is being considered in light of “macro economic” weakness in Europe

Aer Lingus owner International Airlines Group (IAG) could slow short-haul growth next year on signs of economic weakness in Europe, according to chief executive Willie Walsh.

Mr Walsh stressed that Aer Lingus would continue growing its transatlantic business. “I would be hopeful by this time next year we will have announced new destinations for 2021,” he said.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/tran ... -1.4067929

---

STRIKE THREAT Immigration staff at Dublin Airport threaten strike action over Sunday pay

PASSPORT checkers at Dublin Airport have threatened to strike over anger at not being paid more on Sunday.

Border Management Unit staff are currently at war with the Department of ­Justice over their wages.

Union reps for workers at the unit — who are responsible for immigration and border controls — have said they'll ballot for industrial action unless a Sunday premium payment is brought in.

This would cause travel chaos at Dublin Airport, which deals with over 100,000 passengers a day on average.

A memo sent to members by the Forsa Trade Union said they'd issued the Department of ­Justice with "a final ultimatum" to meet their demands.

http://www.thesun.ie/news/4707463/immig ... unday-pay/

Without any new destinations mentioned I don't believe there will be any adds. I see the term hopeful which means nothing without any real commitment to any future destinations.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

eieoin

Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi all. Rumour from a while back mooted that Aer Lingus were due to unveil their new staff uniforms in November 2019? Has anyone heard/know of any updates on the new uniforms and/or a possible unveiling date?

Go raibh maith agaibh,
eieoin.

OA260

Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:47 pm

eieoin wrote:
Hi all. Rumour from a while back mooted that Aer Lingus were due to unveil their new staff uniforms in November 2019? Has anyone heard/know of any updates on the new uniforms and/or a possible unveiling date?

Go raibh maith agaibh,
eieoin.

The uniform has had to have some amendments. The female jacket was initially a 3 1/4 length arm and the staff gave out as its not really suitable for Irish weather. From what I heard looks like February launch . It will be a big change from the current green thats for sure. I have seen a few sketches so will be interesting to see them in real life.

EI321

Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:27 am

Planning dispute before An Bord Pleanála over the temporary pier at DUB

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/tra ... -1.4069237

Personally I would like to see the permanent pier 5 built, including air bridges. It was never intended to be used as a widebody pier due to space issues IIRC but now that Aer Lingus has a sizeable A321neo fleet coming it would surely be an important option to accommodate them.

OA260

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:59 am

New options with Bia although according to crew there have been issues with catering all last week and no hot food on many flights.

eicvd

Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:35 pm

Rumors on another thread that Juneyao Airlines are interested in a Shanghai route via Helsinki twice weekly
COYBIB

Galwayman

Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:39 pm

eicvd wrote:
Rumors on another thread that Juneyao Airlines are interested in a Shanghai route via Helsinki twice weekly

That would be brilliant , hope they get full fifth freedom on the DUB > HEL leg

SNN99

Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:22 pm

Rumor on Shannon FB group that EI are to announce SNN-CDG&BCN next Wednesday

Skyblue39

Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:35 pm

SNN99 wrote:

This was posted here already a couple of days ago.

AmricanShamrok

Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:01 am

SNN99 wrote:

If true I wonder why they chose BCN. Barcelona is already served to some extent with FR to REU. CDG is an obvious gap but I would've thought AMS or BRU might have been higher up the list. At any rate I hope the announcement does come to fruition on Wednesday.

BrianDromey

Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:27 am

AmricanShamrok wrote:
If true I wonder why they chose BCN. Barcelona is already served to some extent with FR to REU. CDG is an obvious gap but I would've thought AMS or BRU might have been higher up the list. At any rate I hope the announcement does come to fruition on Wednesday.

There is a fairly high demand for Barcelona and good yield. It's a great combination of city and beach break. Its not massively exciting from a spotters perspective but seems to keep the revenue management folks happy. BRU has never done that well from Ireland. I think it was twice-weekly from Cork for a few years, but was never a hectic performer. It was replaced by DUS around the time of the IAG purchase and some noise was made about cooperation with AirBerlin, but that never really went anywhere.

OA260

Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:59 am

BrianDromey wrote:
AmricanShamrok wrote:

There is a fairly high demand for Barcelona and good yield.

Its also a large cruise port and the EI DUB-BCN gets a lot of cruise passengers P2P and transiting from US cities.

shamrock604

Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:35 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
SNN99 wrote:

Slots are almost impossible to come by at AMS currently as the airport has reached its movement cap. That cap will probably be lifted in due course, but not just yet.

OA260

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:33 am

Planning appeal could force demolition of €22m Dublin airport facility

Residents’ group lodges appeal over Terminal 2 ‘South Gates’ boarding facility

A residents’ group living near Dublin Airport has lodged a planning appeal which, if successful, could result in the demolition of a €22 million passenger boarding facility, which opened only two years ago.

The St Margaret’s/the Ward Residents’ Group is challenging a recent decision of Fingal County Council to omit a condition contained in the original grant of planning permission for the building.

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... 7?mode=amp

—-

Ryanair passengers returning to Dublin Airport furious after being told they could be stranded in Krakow, Poland for five days

Holiday makers returning to Dublin Airport have vented their fury at Ryanair after they were told they may be stranded in Poland for up to five days.

www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/ryan ... 191745.amp

cc47

Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:04 pm

OA260 wrote:
Planning appeal could force demolition of €22m Dublin airport facility

Residents’ group lodges appeal over Terminal 2 ‘South Gates’ boarding facility

A residents’ group living near Dublin Airport has lodged a planning appeal which, if successful, could result in the demolition of a €22 million passenger boarding facility, which opened only two years ago.

The St Margaret’s/the Ward Residents’ Group is challenging a recent decision of Fingal County Council to omit a condition contained in the original grant of planning permission for the building.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/tran ... 7?mode=amp

—-

Ryanair passengers returning to Dublin Airport furious after being told they could be stranded in Krakow, Poland for five days

Holiday makers returning to Dublin Airport have vented their fury at Ryanair after they were told they may be stranded in Poland for up to five days.

http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-ne ... 191745.amp

I was on EI353 MUC-DUB yesterday morning and a whole 39 elderly folk bussed from KRK-MUC so they could fly together. They had a fascinating story to tell and we're good-humoured given their circumstances.

BestWestern

Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:27 pm

eicvd wrote:

Juneyao are quite a good airline with a solid service offering for a Chinese airline. They don't have the connections that China Eastern have though I don't believe there are route authorities for Shanghai Dublin and don't know how a 1 stop gets around that. The route authorities for decades have been Beijing and Shenzhen.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

shamrock321

Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:43 pm

BestWestern wrote:
eicvd wrote:

Juneyao are quite a good airline with a solid service offering for a Chinese airline. They don't have the connections that China Eastern have though I don't believe there are route authorities for Shanghai Dublin and don't know how a 1 stop gets around that. The route authorities for decades have been Beijing and Shenzhen.

Really what’s the point? Noth No other than direct will work, I’ve not even heard of this airline never mind your average joe.

BestWestern

Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:18 pm

Your average Mr Tao from Shanghai will have heard of them, but that doesn't matter. This is all about China -> Ireland tourism and they fly what ever turns up.

They've just received the 787

https://www.businesstraveller.com/busin ... er-cabins/

and are a Star 'lite' member.

Much better than China Eastern and Air China. Not far behind China Southern. Leagues behind Cathay.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

OA260

Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:32 am

Kerry Airport marks 50 years

Confirmation of seven routes for 2020, a new-look website and a charity partner to underline plans to reach out to communities more throughout the Kingdom are among Kerry Airport's key plans as it celebrates its 50th anniversary.

Kerry Airport was officially opened on Saturday August 30 1969 by the then Minister for Transport and Power, Brian Lenihan TD, and 50 years on the vision of its founding fathers has been realised in the shape of a successful and respected international airport.

Half a century on from that historic occasion, modern passengers will be delighted to learn that Ryanair will continue to serve Kerry with flights to Berlin and Frankfurt Hahn in Germany, London Luton and Stansted in the UK and, to the delight of sun-seekers, Alicante and Faro in 2020.

https://amp.independent.ie/regionals/ke ... 43797.html

kaitak
Topic Author

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:36 am

Only two Cityjet RJ85s still active. It will be interesting to see how long the rest remain in service:

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... 5-acmi-ops

BrianDromey

Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:34 am

kaitak wrote:
Only two Cityjet RJ85s still active. It will be interesting to see how long the rest remain in service:

I guess they will be harvesting some of them for parts and one or two as spares for maintenance cover, etc?

Am I right to say that rhe LCY route is now an EI commercial risk, which happens to be operated by WX as a wet-lease? There are a pair of E190s at Stobart which might be suitable, for example. IAG are looking at the E2 and A220, so that might be playing into it too, maybe we might see BA cityflyer operating for both BA and EI?

kaitak
Topic Author

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:14 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
m I right to say that rhe LCY route is now an EI commercial risk, which happens to be operated by WX as a wet-lease? There are a pair of E190s at Stobart which might be suitable, for example. IAG are looking at the E2 and A220, so that might be playing into it too, maybe we might see BA cityflyer operating for both BA and EI?

I think it's just like Stobart; operating EI flights with someone else's aircraft. I have a feeling that there are a lot of chips up in the air at the moment and I am hearing rumours that the E-190s grounded after the KLM wet lease over the Summer are going to be reactivated, but for BE. I thought they might have been operated on the EDI flights for EI, which are permanently busy. I suspect that we will see some significant development over the next few months as far as EI's wet lease carriers (Stobart/Cityjet) are involved and I wouldn't rule out BE/Virgin Connect being involved in some regard as well. The RJ85s aren't going to go on forever and while the ATRs are useful on some routes, they are clearly becoming too small on others.

While writing, I'm wondering if there are any developments on EI's short haul fleet. The long haul has been seeing all the action, but the A320s arent getting any younger. It would not surprise me if something smaller than the A320 were chosen as a replacement, i.e. the A220-300. This could then allow Cityjet/Virgin Connect/Stobart to use A220-100s on their routes and have agreements as far as spares/ maintenance/ training etc are concerned.

SNN99

Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:04 pm

eicvd

Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:22 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
kaitak wrote:

I guess they will be harvesting some of them for parts and one or two as spares for maintenance cover, etc?

Am I right to say that rhe LCY route is now an EI commercial risk, which happens to be operated by WX as a wet-lease? There are a pair of E190s at Stobart which might be suitable, for example. IAG are looking at the E2 and A220, so that might be playing into it too, maybe we might see BA cityflyer operating for both BA and EI?

Kaitak is correct, those 2 Stobart E-jets will be flying for BE from LCY to BHD & EDI
COYBIB

OA260

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:41 am

Ryanair
Boeing 737 cracks: Ryanair grounds three planes due to cracking between wing and fuselage
Exclusive: budget Irish carrier is the latest airline worldwide to be affected by ‘pickle fork’ cracking, but has not disclosed the problem

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/20 ... d-fuselage

Fears for Derry airport: Council to ask government to help secure future

Derry & Strabane Council is to ask central government in London for more funding to secure City of Derry Airport’s future amid warnings it could become unsustainable within two years if additional money is not found.

Members of the Council’s Governance and Strategic Planning Committee last night gave their approval for Council to engage formally with Central Government to request financial assistance to secure the sustainability of the airport beyond March 31, 2021.

www.derryjournal.com/business/fears-for ... 131680/amp

Clydenairways

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:29 pm

kaitak wrote:
BrianDromey wrote:
m I right to say that rhe LCY route is now an EI commercial risk, which happens to be operated by WX as a wet-lease? There are a pair of E190s at Stobart which might be suitable, for example. IAG are looking at the E2 and A220, so that might be playing into it too, maybe we might see BA cityflyer operating for both BA and EI?

I think it's just like Stobart; operating EI flights with someone else's aircraft. I have a feeling that there are a lot of chips up in the air at the moment and I am hearing rumours that the E-190s grounded after the KLM wet lease over the Summer are going to be reactivated, but for BE. I thought they might have been operated on the EDI flights for EI, which are permanently busy. I suspect that we will see some significant development over the next few months as far as EI's wet lease carriers (Stobart/Cityjet) are involved and I wouldn't rule out BE/Virgin Connect being involved in some regard as well. The RJ85s aren't going to go on forever and while the ATRs are useful on some routes, they are clearly becoming too small on others.

While writing, I'm wondering if there are any developments on EI's short haul fleet. The long haul has been seeing all the action, but the A320s arent getting any younger. It would not surprise me if something smaller than the A320 were chosen as a replacement, i.e. the A220-300. This could then allow Cityjet/Virgin Connect/Stobart to use A220-100s on their routes and have agreements as far as spares/ maintenance/ training etc are concerned.

It looks like the A220 is becoming a mainline operated jet in most recent cases and not so much a regional Jet operated on behalf by partner airlines. I think that the A220 could end up a mainline jet in either EI/BA or IB and you could still see the E190 still in a role in the regional side such as Cityflyer and Stobart.

In the case of Swiss, the A220 is operated mainline and partner Helvetic recently took delivery of the E190E2... Also AF went with the A220 as a mainline aircraft whilst keeping the E190 for the regional operation, i suspect they will keep this setup with the regional wing replacing these with the E2..

AmricanShamrok

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:43 pm

New EI SNN routes formally announced. To operate in the mornings using the freed up A320 previously used on the early SNN-LHR-SNN.

https://mediacentre.aerlingus.com/news/ ... 0?ref=Home

The timings of the BOS and JFK arrivals do not allow for connections to BCN though...

OA260

Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:20 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
The timings of the BOS and JFK arrivals do not allow for connections to BCN though...

Thats a shame but maybe they want that traffic kept through DUB HUB

BrianDromey

Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:44 pm

Clydenairways wrote:

It looks like the A220 is becoming a mainline operated jet in most recent cases and not so much a regional Jet operated on behalf by partner airlines. I think that the A220 could end up a mainline jet in either EI/BA or IB and you could still see the E190 still in a role in the regional side such as Cityflyer and Stobart.

In the case of Swiss, the A220 is operated mainline and partner Helvetic recently took delivery of the E190E2... Also AF went with the A220 as a mainline aircraft whilst keeping the E190 for the regional operation, i suspect they will keep this setup with the regional wing replacing these with the E2..

Given its size it is highly unlikely that any pilot unions will allow either A220 variant to be operated in significant numbers, long term as a non-mainline aircraft. Apparently IAG are looking at their future regional jet needs, but taking longer than expected. If the MAX order is related, I don’t know. I suspect EI will be bidding for ~150 seat aircraft, with the second runway opening the A223 would seem ideal.

At LX the A220 and 77W are operated by Swiss Global Air Lines. Which used to to Swiss European and Was formed out of Swiss to operate the Avros. It’s arguable if the A223s are operated by mainline or not, I guess. At IAG BA Cityflyer can’t fly aircraft Certified for more than 100 seats, which might count against the A221.

kaitak
Topic Author

Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:14 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
Clydenairways wrote:

A few days ago, AF introduced a new fleet plan which included reference to an "A220-500", which would presumably be equal to the A320 in size; Airbus Canada hasn't publicly announced it yet, but certainly, a push from the likes of AF, which has a large fleet of A320s to dispose of (as indeed many other carriers to, over the next few years) would be a big boost. With Boeing's Max problems, the NMA not yet defined and the Embraer E-jets unlikely to get a stretch (I could be wrong, but I couldn't really imagine 150 seater E-jet, let alone an A320 size stretch!!), the A220 could have this market pretty much all to itself and I can't imagine IAG not being in on it.

OA260

Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:19 pm

737 pickle fork crack reports are 'rubbish' - Ryanair

Ryanair has described as "rubbish" reports that some of its Boeing 737NGs have been affected by the 'pickle fork' issue.

Pickle forks are components that attach the wings and the aircraft's body.

Last month Boeing announced that 50 of its 737NG aircraft had been grounded. It had previously reported a problem with the model's pickle fork.

www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/1106/10890 ... oeing-737/

NiallS

Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:08 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
At LX the A220 and 77W are operated by Swiss Global Air Lines. Which used to to Swiss European and Was formed out of Swiss to operate the Avros. It’s arguable if the A223s are operated by mainline or not, I guess. At IAG BA Cityflyer can’t fly aircraft Certified for more than 100 seats, which might count against the A221.

Not any more, Swiss Global Air Lines was dissolved last year and its aircraft and staff were transferred to Swiss International.

iRISH251

Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:04 pm

OA260 wrote:
737 pickle fork crack reports are 'rubbish' - Ryanair

Ryanair has described as "rubbish" reports that some of its Boeing 737NGs have been affected by the 'pickle fork' issue.

Pickle forks are components that attach the wings and the aircraft's body.

Last month Boeing announced that 50 of its 737NG aircraft had been grounded. It had previously reported a problem with the model's pickle fork.

http://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/110 ... oeing-737/

The information in the original Guardian article that said that two FR B738s had recently been ferried to VCV is correct and this was reported on various on-line enthusiasts' sites at the time. I'm surprised that it has only hit the mainstream media now but then they have so little specialist insight that they need to be pointed to the information before reporting it. The airline may be concerned that bookings will be affected if the average customer starts to believe that "Ryanair has aircraft with cracks", but a PR strategy that involves less-than-forthright statement of the facts carries risks for the company as well.

shamrock350

Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:27 pm

Good news for Shannon with the Aer Lingus announcement, hopefully they’ll prove popular. Aer Lingus is claiming these additions will make them Shannon’s largest airline next summer in terms of destinations and frequency offered, has Ryanair really pulled back that much?

JAmie2k9

Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:04 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
New EI SNN routes formally announced. To operate in the mornings using the freed up A320 previously used on the early SNN-LHR-SNN.

https://mediacentre.aerlingus.com/news/ ... 0?ref=Home

Deferring 20-30 minutes to have connections and you will not meet LHR slot at 12.25.

There also slot issues at BCN and operationally delay’s build quickly there. Get in/out early is best for for flights to BCN!

shamrock350

Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Latest A333 now fully painted and engines installed;

Aer Lingus A330-302 msn 1950 by dn280tls, on Flickr

Airbus following the new paint guidelines perfectly, note how the green sweeps further forward than on repainted aircraft.

SNN99

Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:51 pm

EI website allows for outbound connections to JFK/BOS and back via DUB so still hope for outbound pax

eicvd

Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:12 pm

According to the French routes thread Transavia France look like adding a Dublin to Montpellier link
COYBIB

shamrock350

Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:27 pm

eicvd wrote:
According to the French routes thread Transavia France look like adding a Dublin to Montpellier link

Interesting. Aer Lingus began operating MPL in 2016 with a twice weekly service in the summer, it's currently loaded for next year at three times weekly.

VanBosch

Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:54 pm

kaitak wrote:
BrianDromey wrote:
Clydenairways wrote:

A few days ago, AF introduced a new fleet plan which included reference to an "A220-500", which would presumably be equal to the A320 in size; Airbus Canada hasn't publicly announced it yet, but certainly, a push from the likes of AF, which has a large fleet of A320s to dispose of (as indeed many other carriers to, over the next few years) would be a big boost. With Boeing's Max problems, the NMA not yet defined and the Embraer E-jets unlikely to get a stretch (I could be wrong, but I couldn't really imagine 150 seater E-jet, let alone an A320 size stretch!!), the A220 could have this market pretty much all to itself and I can't imagine IAG not being in on it.

Why would Airbus stretch the A220 to be the same as a A320neo? If the same why not just build one?

For Air France, why buy a stretched A220 over a A320 - cost?

OA260

Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:59 am

Level of damages to be decided as Aer Lingus pilot gets apology over defamatory emails

The Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) has apologised to an Aer Lingus Airbus pilot for false and defamatory statements in emails it circulated internally and to its UK counterpart six years ago.

A High Court jury is now being asked to determine damages payable to Captain Padraig Higgins, who the apology said was "a person of high personal and professional integrity."

https://amp.irishexaminer.com/breakingn ... 62295.html

—-

Airport's tough stance on Albanian migrants

Immigration officers at Dublin Airport have been ordered to adopt a more robust stance in dealing with bogus asylum seekers from Albania.

Unofficial figures show that the number of claimants from Albania travelling with false identity documents has reached levels of up to 10 a day at the airport in recent months.

If officers are satisfied their documentation is bogus, they will be put on the next flight back to where they had departed for Dublin.

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/a ... 69370.html

Irish aviation executive would have ‘no problem’ flying on Boeing 737 Max
John Slattery set to become president and chief executive of Boeing Brazil Commercial if venture deal with Embraer is approved

A leading Irish aviation executive who is in line to take up a senior role with Boeing next year said he would be happy to be one of the first passengers to travel on a Boeing 747 Max jet whenever the aircraft is certified as safe to fly again by regulators.

Speaking to The Irish Times on a trip to Dublin to promote Embraer’s new E195-E2 jet, John Slattery said: “From a personal perspective I would have no problem being one of the first guys to book a regular ticket on a Max 7, a Max 8, a Max 9 or a Max 10 once they start flying. I’ve complete confidence in the Boeing company.

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... 8?mode=amp

dergay

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:02 pm

Maybe someone could tell Mr Slattery about 747 Max, or is this a subtle message.........
Flown on A300,A310,A318,A319,A320,A321,A330,B707,B720,B727,B737,B747,B757,B767,L382,L1011,C5,DC-3,DC8,

OA260

Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:53 am

Aer Lingus grew passenger numbers by 1.1% last month
People travelling with airline up 2.8% in the year to date compared with last year

Aer Lingus grew its passenger numbers by 1.1 per cent last month compared with the same period the year before, the latest figures from its parent show.

International Airline Group, which owns Aer Lingus, said the airline carried 1,022,000 passengers compared with 1,011,000 in October 2018.

Revenue passenger kilometres, a metric which is calculated by multiplying the number of revenue-paying passengers aboard by the distance travelled, increased by 4.8 per cent.

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... 8?mode=amp

EI321

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:45 am

Am I right in thinking that there are only 8 A330-300s left on order that are going to be delivered, including the 2 on their way to EI. Looks like Aer Lingus will be receiving some of the last off the line as well as having received some of the first in 1994.

OA260

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:18 am

Ryanair named the filthiest flight operator in Which? Travel survey
Fewer than half of passengers (42%) scored the Irish budget airline as good for cleanliness in a survey of almost 8,000 people.

Ryanair has been named the filthiest flight operator in the UK by passengers, according to a Which? Travel survey.

In the survey of almost 8,000 people, fewer than half of passengers (42%) scored the Irish budget airline as good for cleanliness.

In contrast, the survey found that on average, eight in 10 (81%) of passengers rated hygiene positively across 42 airlines.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/ryanair- ... y-11857736

kaitak
Topic Author

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:19 am

That's correct; I think 'EIM and 'EIN will be THE last two -300s off the line. There's a nice symmetry to that. The A330 has served EI very well over the last quarter of a century and it's fair to say that EI has been a contributor to its success, having been the first airline to operate it in ETOPS.

Galwayman

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:57 am

OA260 wrote:
Ryanair named the filthiest flight operator in Which? Travel survey
Fewer than half of passengers (42%) scored the Irish budget airline as good for cleanliness in a survey of almost 8,000 people.

Ryanair has been named the filthiest flight operator in the UK by passengers, according to a Which? Travel survey.

In the survey of almost 8,000 people, fewer than half of passengers (42%) scored the Irish budget airline as good for cleanliness.

In contrast, the survey found that on average, eight in 10 (81%) of passengers rated hygiene positively across 42 airlines.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/ryanair- ... y-11857736

Which magazine has become tedious with its non stop whinging about FR . They have chosen to completely misunderstand the FR model from day one publishing non stop drivel about FR night and day to appease its Daily Mail style readers . The survey is meaningless ...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos