Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

OA260

Re: Irish 11/19: One more to go and then one more ...

Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:07 pm

City of Derry Airport Loganair Manchester flights suspended

Loganair has suspended flights between Londonderry and Manchester less than six months after introducing the route.

There had been a daily service between the two cities since May but Loganair said flights will not run between January and May 2020, with the exception of some flights over Easter.

The Scottish airline apologised for the cancellation, blaming a drop-off in bookings after the new year. Customers which had a booking are being offered an alternative.

https://amp.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/busi ... 05789.html

BrianDromey

Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:54 pm

kaitak wrote:
I think the interesting part of EI's planning will be with their short haul - what they're going to do about an increasingly ageing A320 fleet and also, how they're going to streamline their partner's (Stobart/Cityjet) fleets.

I think IAG are evaluating regional aircraft/small narrowbodies at the moment, I think the future EI fleet will become clearer after that process has been completed. Apparently the decision has been delayed and BACF will take some E190s as a stopgap. If IAG do order the A220, I can see a role for that aircraft at EI. They might take a small number, around 5 for LCY, the -300s would be perfect for routes where the ATR is a bit small at peak times and the A320 is a bit large off-peak. They would also be ideal for basing at SNN, NOC and BHD.

The latest IAG fleet plan does show 3 A321s coming to the end of their lease in the next 12 months that IAG anticipated will be replaced. I'm assuming these are the 3 remining A321-200s in the EI fleet, all of them have seen 20 years in EI service. I think the future for EI is likely to be an A221/3 and A320/1 mix.

EI321

Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:02 pm

I think EI own their remaining 3x A321s? The 3x that left the fleet a few years ago were leased as far as I recall.

Have to agree that the A220 would be a great fit for EI. It has really low CASM and is ideally sized between the ATRs and A320s for opening new routes from DUB/SNN/CRK.

kaitak
Topic Author

Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:52 pm

EI321 wrote:
I think EI own their remaining 3x A321s? The 3x that left the fleet a few years ago were leased as far as I recall.

Have to agree that the A220 would be a great fit for EI. It has really low CASM and is ideally sized between the ATRs and A320s for opening new routes from DUB/SNN/CRK.

That would be my thinking and I think the A320 is probably too big for a lot of EI routes and certainly restricts them insofar as launching new routes is concerned - at least at a decent frequency. The don't really have a lot between the ATR72 (which is hardly suitable for anything other than UK routes) and the A320, apart from the Cityjet RJ85s - only too left of those, so not long left for them I suspect. I do wonder if Stobart's E-190s could be put to some use for EI, for example on DUB-EDI and some busier regional routes.

In addition, EI/IAG will certainly be interested in the A220-500 recently mentioned by AF as a potential for any top up order from them (they've already ordered the A223).

They'd lose the Cross Crew Qualification, but I doubt if that's a major issue. I do wonder, however, if there is any chance of Airbus redesigning the A220 cockpit to make it more like a standard Airbus cockpit, even as an option?

Incidentally, on the subject of A220s and the recent rumour about MS serving DUB next Summer, I see they have just announced Moscow with A220s (they already serve it with 738s), so if they were to serve DUB, the A220 would be a strong possibility. It's certainly well within the range ring from CAI.

OA260

Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:16 pm

Got an email today :

NEW PREMIUM LOUNGE AT DUBLIN AIRPORT
Hi ,

Just to let you know that Dublin Airport has opened The East Lounge, a new premium Lounge where we aspire to deliver the balance of hospitality with touches of luxury. The East Lounge offers the perfect opportunity to sit back, relax and experience á la carte dining and table service at the airport. Available to passengers flying from both Terminal 1 and 2, walk-in guests welcome at €55 per person, online bookings available for Lounge entry between 1-6pm for €50. Services include:

Á La Carte table service
Finest buffet style food
Premium spirits, wines and cocktails
Barista style coffee and a wide variety of teas
Private business booths
Tranquil relaxation spaces
Free unlimited WiFi

ShamrockBoi330

Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:29 pm

kaitak wrote:
I do wonder, however, if there is any chance of Airbus redesigning the A220 cockpit to make it more like a standard Airbus cockpit, even as an option?

Not currently, and being built and designed by different manufacturers would probably mean a complete redesign which i imagine would not be cheap.

There was an interview last week on the a220 tour where this was mentioned re type rating, as follows:

This is not the same type as other Airbus aircraft and we do not currently have a plan to harmonise them. They were designed by different manufacturers so there are some limitations in terms of what we can do for commonality.

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/ec ... 952393.ece

Clydenairways

Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Maybe the A220-300 and 500 could replace the whole A320 fleet and the A321 NEO LR/LRX for long haul and replace the economy config A321's currently flying to ACE,FAO AGP etc.
The 321 retains cockpit commonality with the 330.
So an A220 pilot fleet
And an A321/330 pilot fleet

Seems logical.

BrianDromey

Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:25 pm

I don't think Airbus can do a huge amount to bring the A220 to A320 family layout. Its not just about the cockpit layout, aircraft systems, sub-systems, cabin controls, doors, etc. Its worth considering that the the design of the A320 hasn't changed since 1987 (how can we forget!) it might be the the A220 design is superior. Commonality has been a good marketing tool for Airbus, but it hasn't stopped Boeing from selling a lot of 777s and 737s.

Clydenairways wrote:
Maybe the A220-300 and 500 could replace the whole A320 fleet and the A321 NEO LR/LRX for long haul and replace the economy config A321's currently flying to ACE,FAO AGP etc.
The 321 retains cockpit commonality with the 330.
So an A220 pilot fleet
And an A321/330 pilot fleet

Seems logical.

I don't think EI fly the A330 and A320 as a common pool though, so there would be no great benefit. If EI choose the A220 and A320/1 fleet both will have to stack up on their own.

AmricanShamrok

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:21 pm

kaitak wrote:
EI321 wrote:

That would be my thinking and I think the A320 is probably too big for a lot of EI routes and certainly restricts them insofar as launching new routes is concerned - at least at a decent frequency. The don't really have a lot between the ATR72 (which is hardly suitable for anything other than UK routes) and the A320, apart from the Cityjet RJ85s - only too left of those, so not long left for them I suspect. I do wonder if Stobart's E-190s could be put to some use for EI, for example on DUB-EDI and some busier regional routes.

In addition, EI/IAG will certainly be interested in the A220-500 recently mentioned by AF as a potential for any top up order from them (they've already ordered the A223).

They'd lose the Cross Crew Qualification, but I doubt if that's a major issue. I do wonder, however, if there is any chance of Airbus redesigning the A220 cockpit to make it more like a standard Airbus cockpit, even as an option?

Incidentally, on the subject of A220s and the recent rumour about MS serving DUB next Summer, I see they have just announced Moscow with A220s (they already serve it with 738s), so if they were to serve DUB, the A220 would be a strong possibility. It's certainly well within the range ring from CAI.

What about WX SSJs sitting in storage at SNN for the last year...would EI be interested in those?

eicvd

Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:50 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
kaitak wrote:
EI321 wrote:

What about WX SSJs sitting in storage at SNN for the last year...would EI be interested in those?

The fact they’re in storage says it all about them.
COYBIB

OA260

Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:13 am

Irish aviation industry is flying high

The growing demand for commercial aviation provides a significant opportunity for Ireland to continue to punch above its weight globally, writes Lorraine Courtney

www.businesspost.ie/focus-on/irish-avia ... igh-457058

DUBLIN AIRPORT UNVEILS NOSTALGIC 2020 CALENDAR TO MARK ITS 80TH BIRTHDAY

Dublin Airport celebrates its 80th birthday on January 19, 2020, and has produced a commemorative 2020 calendar to mark the occasion!

The calendar has 12 iconic images including famous sports and political figures arriving at Dublin Airport during the past eight decades.

It features famous historic moments such as President John F Kennedy’s visit, the Beatles’ arrival for two concerts at the Adelphi Cinema, and the return of the Ireland team after Italia 90.

Dublin Airport opened on Friday, January 19, 1940 at 9am when the very first commercial flight, an Aer Lingus Lockheed 14 aircraft, departed for Liverpool.

www.airport-world.com/news/general-news ... thday.html

EIEIDW

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:38 pm

Apparently Juneyao are interested in launching Dublin & Reykjavik Fifth Freedom.
Nothing confirmed

EIEIDW

Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:18 am

https://m.thepaper.cn/newsDetail_forward_4791238
Chinese paper reporting they are interested in MAN,ATH & DUB

OA260

Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:50 am

Schoolboy injured on Aer Lingus plane awarded €15,000
Child left with scar on face after part of bulkhead above seats fell and struck him

A schoolboy injured on an Aer Lingus plane while travelling to New York has been awarded €15,000 damages in the Circuit Civil Court.

Owen Donnelly, counsel for 11-year-old Dylan Lynch, told Judge John O’Connor on Tuesday that the boy was sitting beside his mother, Ann Lynch, awaiting take-off from Dublin Airport in March 2018. During this time part of the bulkhead above their seats fell and struck Dylan, of Cahernorry, Ballysimon, Co Limerick, in the face. The incident had not interfered with the flight schedule.

www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/c ... 3?mode=amp

—-

New Northern Ireland sun holiday route heralded by easyJet in wake of profits slump

easyJet will announce a new route to a sun holiday destination next month as part of their Northern Ireland offering, the airline has said.

Speaking after annual results revealed a 26% drop in pre-tax profits to £427m, the company said Northern Ireland continues to be one of their most important bases. It flies to 35 destinations from Belfast International Airport.

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/nor ... 07885.html

Council Can’t Afford To “Prop Up” Shannon Airport

It’s claimed Clare County Council simply can’t afford to alleviate the commercial rates bill for Shannon Group.

It’s in response to a call from the group’s Chief Operating Officer to ease rates, in an effort to provide support for further economic development for the region as a whole.

www.clare.fm/news/council-cant-afford-p ... n-airport/

EI321

Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:28 pm

Surprised an airline with only 5 long haul aircraft is looking to start Shanghai - Dublin. Would still love to see them operate it though.

Would the likes of Air China or China Southern not be a less risky operator considering their massive networks.

ShamrockBoi330

Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:30 pm

EIEIDW wrote:
https://m.thepaper.cn/newsDetail_forward_4791238
Chinese paper reporting they are interested in MAN,ATH & DUB

MAN has already been announced this week, 3 x weekly via HEL

tomgle

Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:39 pm

Skyblue39 wrote:
IrishLessor wrote:
Expect Cairo by Egyptair from Dublin next summer and LOT to Warsaw...

Any source for this?

LOT have applied for slots for a Dublin route according to the ACL slot report.

EIEIDW

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:36 pm

tomgle wrote:
Skyblue39 wrote:
IrishLessor wrote:

Any source for this?

Do you know when they start?

EI121

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:23 pm

tomgle wrote:
Skyblue39 wrote:
IrishLessor wrote:

Any source for this?

Do you have a link to this document by any chance?
EI121

NiallS

Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:45 pm

EI121 wrote:
tomgle wrote:
Skyblue39 wrote:
Any source for this?

Do you have a link to this document by any chance?
EI121

https://www.acl-uk.org/wp-content/uploa ... port-1.pdf

Page 7.

tomgle

Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:00 pm

The report can be downloaded at https://www.acl-uk.org/latest-airport-info/. I'm not sure this is confirmed yet, I think this might just be a list slots that airlines would like to have. If it does start, I guess it would start around the beginning of the summer season for WAW. Or maybe the slots have been allocated but LOT haven't announced the route yet b/c they're not confident the MAX's will be flying in time, causing shortages in the short-haul fleet. This is pure speculation on my part, I'm not 100% sure how to understand that report.

HTCone

Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:41 pm

alancostello wrote:
BrianDromey wrote:
klm617 wrote:
That is why Detroit should be the next logical add for EI. Van we agree on that ?

I'm sure Detroit is on the list of potential new US destinations. I was surprised that EI entered the MSP market, I don't think there is an especially large diaspora market and the place is a DL fortress. I'm less sure that Detroit is the next logical add, but Im sure its on the list. For example I would like to see Cork-BOS and JFK. I also happen to think that SIN would be a great addition to the EI network, but that depends on the economic climate, a suitable aircraft and the second runway being operational. An extension of SIN service onward to MEL or PER would be cool. With IB and BA at SIN, a sort of scissor hub would be possible, which might make it work. Im not a route planner or commercial officer at EI, so I appreciate that my ramblings will remain confined to the internet.

CX can just make it to HKG with an A359 and that's 800 miles shorter than SIN.....

The A359 can get off 10/28 at MTOW so anywhere within the aircraft’s published range can be reached from DUB. Its the first ULH capable widebody that can get out of DUB at MTOW

OA260

Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:16 am

Flying Solo: Dublin Airport trials new €5 seat for solo passengers
New 'MyStop' seat and pod offer private space, tea, coffee and hand luggage storage... for a fee

Flying solo? Instead of scrambling for seats in airside restaurants or lounges, what about setting up camp in a private pod?

That's now an option - albeit on a trial basis - at Dublin Airport.

A new initiative called 'MySpot' provides a dedicated seating and private pod area specifically designed for passengers travelling on their own, the airport says.

https://amp.independent.ie/life/travel/ ... 12868.html

Hares are being shot at Dublin Airport because they keep getting sucked into plane engines

Hares and birds are being sucked into the engines of planes at Dublin Airport more than once a week, new figures show.

Dublin Airport Authority confirmed there were 54 incidents of bird strikes and hares being mangled by powerful jet engines so far this year.

www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/hare ... 293816.amp

ChrisNH38

Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:18 pm

By the time S20 rolls around, will any more of the A330s get a re-paint into the new scheme? I’m talking about those in the fleet already.
https://my.flightradar24.com/ChrisNH

shamrock604

Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:12 pm

ChrisNH38 wrote:
By the time S20 rolls around, will any more of the A330s get a re-paint into the new scheme? I’m talking about those in the fleet already.

This is arguably the slowest rebrand I’ve ever seen. There are still traces of the old brand around DUB - from check in kiosks, to airbridges, to the interior of the elevated walkway that connects pier 3 to Terminal 2. Still only a single A330 in the new livery, and no apparent hurry.

alancostello

Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:46 pm

shamrock604 wrote:
ChrisNH38 wrote:

This is arguably the slowest rebrand I’ve ever seen. There are still traces of the old brand around DUB - from check in kiosks, to airbridges, to the interior of the elevated walkway that connects pier 3 to Terminal 2. Still only a single A330 in the new livery, and no apparent hurry.

Of course they're not in a hurry, they said when they revealed it that it won't be done until 2022. They're not going to strip paint off aircraft that is perfectly fine, they'll be repainted in the new livery when their current paint has to be removed for heavy checks at the regularly scheduled time.

EI321

Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:57 pm

I don't think a heavy check (C or D) and a repaint can be done at the same time as surely they require different hangar facilities. I think EI's A330 heavy maintence is all done in other countries, Bordeaux France was one location and I think one has gone to the middle east recently. I would think the paint is more likely to be done in SNN or DUB during shorter downtime or possibly the UK. I just hope that A330s that were delivered in the last few years arent still wearing the old scheme in 5 years time (which would be normal in with a standard repaint schedule when no rebrand applies).

I noticed that the 777F that air France sent to Dublin last weekend was still in their old scheme which they phased out in 2009!

alancostello

Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:55 am

EI321 wrote:
I don't think a heavy check (C or D) and a repaint can be done at the same time as surely they require different hangar facilities. I think EI's A330 heavy maintence is all done in other countries, Bordeaux France was one location and I think one has gone to the middle east recently. I would think the paint is more likely to be done in SNN or DUB during shorter downtime or possibly the UK. I just hope that A330s that were delivered in the last few years arent still wearing the old scheme in 5 years time (which would be normal in with a standard repaint schedule when no rebrand applies).

I noticed that the 777F that air France sent to Dublin last weekend was still in their old scheme which they phased out in 2009!

EI have used Abu Dhabi in the past, likely will again. A D check involves the paint being stripped to check for fatigue, so a repaint has to happen at the same time. It’s not required for C checks but if that aircraft is gonna be down and is several years away from a D check they may do it at the same time just to get it done

EI-GCF and EI-GAJ are 2.2 and 2.5 years old, respectively. They’ll be due for D checks in mid and late 2023, I doubt EI is going to repaint them now or in 2022 only to have them stripped a few months later, so perhaps they’ll go for D check early? EI said in their launch of the livery that it wasn’t going to cost them much to implement as it would be phased in with the fleet’s existing maintenance and repaint schedule.

ClassicLover

Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:24 am

OA260 wrote:
Got an email today :

NEW PREMIUM LOUNGE AT DUBLIN AIRPORT
Hi ,

Just to let you know that Dublin Airport has opened The East Lounge, a new premium Lounge where we aspire to deliver the balance of hospitality with touches of luxury. The East Lounge offers the perfect opportunity to sit back, relax and experience á la carte dining and table service at the airport. Available to passengers flying from both Terminal 1 and 2, walk-in guests welcome at €55 per person, online bookings available for Lounge entry between 1-6pm for €50. Services include:

Á La Carte table service
Finest buffet style food
Premium spirits, wines and cocktails
Barista style coffee and a wide variety of teas
Private business booths
Tranquil relaxation spaces
Free unlimited WiFi

That is excellent that you can pay in. I think €55 is a decent enough price considering it's table service, premium spirits, barista service and what not. I'm itching to get in there and give it a bit of a look see.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

OA260

Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:21 am

Ryanair statement after 'eight fire appliances' rush to runway as Dublin Airport flight lands

Ryanair eased fellow fliers' worries on Friday night after videos and pictures emerging from Dublin Airport showed what one person described as "eight fire appliances" rushing to a plane on the runway.

One Twitter user took to social media to say that there was "something going down in Dublin Airport".

www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/ryan ... 305518.amp

—-

Cork Airport takes home marketing award

Cork Airport have been honoured with the Best B2C (business-to-consumer) Campaign at last night’s 2019 Spider Awards.

The award comes for its most recent drive to increase brand awareness and maximise bookings through its digital marketing campaign Love Taking Off.

https://amp.irishexaminer.com/breakingn ... 65943.html

—-

EI321

Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:50 pm

Very poor visibility at DUB right now. Several go-arounds in last half hour.

EIEIDW

Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:16 pm

DUB-TLV appears to be operating year round with EL AL. Operates on a twice weekly basis in the winter with flights on Sundays and Thursdays.

EI321

Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:15 pm

Nice to see a year round Israel connection.

EIEIDW

Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:44 pm

EI321 wrote:
Nice to see a year round Israel connection.

It is indeed,

Will be interesting to see how Arkia will react to the new competition. This is very similar to S7 Moscow.

OA260

Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:49 pm

EI321 wrote:

Yes landed earlier and crew implemented low visibility rules in cabin. We were nearly on runway before we could see it .

AmricanShamrok

Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:58 pm

OA260 wrote:
EI321 wrote:

Yes landed earlier and crew implemented low visibility rules in cabin. We were nearly on runway before we could see it .

What are low visibility rules in the cabin?

OA260

Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:10 am

AmricanShamrok wrote:
OA260 wrote:
EI321 wrote:

All electronics such as iPads,phones, laptops have to be fully turned off and even those on flight mode have to be turned off.

JAmie2k9

Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:39 am

Aegean will expand ATH during peak summer adding a fifth weekly. Great to see them do well particularly up against both EI/FR.

EI321

Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:36 pm

Flew ATH to DUB with Aegean last year, they seem like a good airline with decent prices, nice alternative to FR.

kaitak
Topic Author

Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:46 pm

OA260 wrote:
AmricanShamrok wrote:
OA260 wrote:

All electronics such as iPads,phones, laptops have to be fully turned off and even those on flight mode have to be turned off.

Did not know that; thanks for the info! You learn something new every day!

Good to hear about LOT and hopeful that Juneyao and Egyptair will come to fruition.

OA260

Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:57 pm

EI321 wrote:
Flew ATH to DUB with Aegean last year, they seem like a good airline with decent prices, nice alternative to FR.

Im a regular on their flights and always have good service. They are the only full service carrier operating DUB-ATH . The aircraft are clean and crews very friendly. Free hot meals and bar service. Summer did exceptionally well this year so having MON TUES WED FRI SAT for next Summer will be great. Most will be connections to the likes of JTR JMK. etc

EIEIDW

Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:26 pm

ACL Slot Report 2020 includes some very interesting stuff:

New Routes:

WestJet Toronto
Juneyao Shanghai (Via Helsinki)
EgyptAir Cairo
LOT Warsaw
EL AL Tel Aviv
BA Faro & Reus

Increase:

Air Canada Vancouver
Air France Paris
Sun Express Izmir
Laura Vienna
Lufthansa Frankfurt
Transavia Paris Orly
Vueling Barcelona
TUI Palma
Icelandair Reykjavik
Finnair Helsinki
BA London City

Decrease:

Etihad Abu Dhabi
Flybe Doncaster

Cancelled Routes

TUI Malaga, Faro, Paphos and Salzburg
Hainan Shenzhen
Arkia Tel Aviv!
Air Arabia Maroc Agadir
Great Dane Aalborg

Credit: Plane mad 134 (Pprune Forum)

Very interesting stuff,
Hainan still hold slots for Beijing!

User001

Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:33 pm

It's worth noting Juneyao appears on the 'significant changes' page, but in the actual slot section, it lists that they don't actually hold any slots at this time as it shows as blank (no slots held).

One to watch as it could depend on whether they have applied to the CAAC for the route authority, and I've not seen anything to suggest they have done that yet.

EIEIDW

Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:35 pm

User001 wrote:
It's worth noting Juneyao appears on the 'significant changes' page, but in the actual slot section, it lists that they don't actually hold any slots at this time as it shows as blank (no slots held).

One to watch as it could depend on whether they have applied to the CAAC for the route authority, and I've not seen anything to suggest they have done that yet.

Lets just hope they apply for them.
They fly Shanghai - Helsinki Daily which mean they have 4 available days. 3 To Dublin and 1 for the planned Reykjavik could work

EI121

Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:13 pm

EIEIDW wrote:

New Routes:

WestJet Toronto
EgyptAir Cairo
LOT Warsaw
EL AL Tel Aviv
BA Faro & Reus

Increase:

Air Canada Vancouver
Air France Paris
Sun Express Izmir
Laura Vienna
Lufthansa Frankfurt
Transavia Paris Orly
Vueling Barcelona
TUI Palma
Icelandair Reykjavik
Finnair Helsinki
BA London City

Decrease:

Etihad Abu Dhabi
Flybe Doncaster

Cancelled Routes

Hainan Shenzhen
Arkia Tel Aviv!
Air Arabia Maroc Agadir
Great Dane Aalborg

Very interesting stuff,

Thanks for this EIEDW. Very intersting stuff indeed.

I wonder if the WestJet YYZ will be direct or via YHZ similarly to their St John's operation a few years back.

From the document, it looks like Egypt Air will be a 4 p/w service and LOT a daily operation. Great to see them finally back in DUB!

Some other things from the Initial Co-Ordination Report that I've noticed:

- The report states that EI is increasing SFO (This must be the rumoured increase to 10 p/w? )
- QR appear to be operating a longer season with 11 p/w.

Something to keep an eye on... UA appears to have increased their weekly frequencies for an additional daily departure for the peak week. Possibly the resumption of the second daily EWR?

Thoughts...?
EI121

EIEIDW

Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:28 pm

A second frequency on Newark would be great, really is the next step after the 78X was deployed.
Good to see QR with the extended 11pw. Would be nice to see a daily operation in the future potentially on the 359.
Great News with the SFO. Really deserves the increase in freq, would be interesting to see which time the additional flights are at.

Overall S20 Looks to be very good!

EINA320

Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:01 pm

EIEIDW wrote:

New Routes:

WestJet Toronto
EgyptAir Cairo
LOT Warsaw
EL AL Tel Aviv
BA Faro & Reus

Increase:

Air Canada Vancouver
Air France Paris
Sun Express Izmir
Laura Vienna
Lufthansa Frankfurt
Transavia Paris Orly
Vueling Barcelona
TUI Palma
Icelandair Reykjavik
Finnair Helsinki
BA London City

Decrease:

Etihad Abu Dhabi
Flybe Doncaster

Cancelled Routes

Hainan Shenzhen
Arkia Tel Aviv!
Air Arabia Maroc Agadir
Great Dane Aalborg

Very interesting stuff,

Interesting proposed EI expansion too. New services to Alghero, Bournemouth, Heraklion, Ibiza, Krakow, Menorca And Poznan mentioned. Presumably HER, IBZ, AHO and MAH will be charters?

JAmie2k9

Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:17 pm

Emirates have slots for 3rd daily DXB and United have slots for a 4th daly service so will EWR be restored or will they look at IAH/DEV/SFO. Over 100,000 extra seats suggests wide body slots.
Last edited by JAmie2k9 on Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EIEIDW

Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:19 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
Emirates have slots for 3rd daily DXB and United have slots for a 4th daly service so will EWR be restored or will they look at IAH/DEV/SFO.

Can you provide a link to the PDF please

JAmie2k9

Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:19 pm

EIEIDW wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:
Emirates have slots for 3rd daily DXB and United have slots for a 4th daly service so will EWR be restored or will they look at IAH/DEV/SFO.

Can you provide a link to the PDF please

https://www.acl-uk.org/wp-content/uploa ... Report.pdf

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos