xiaotung
Topic Author
Posts: 1016
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:58 pm

HO to start 3 weekly PVG-ATH from Jun 2020

Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:53 pm

HO have just announced with Greek tourism authority 3 weekly PVG-ATH flight from Jun 2020 on their B787-9. I would expect a tie-up with A3, as a *A connecting partner.

DUB (2 weekly), MAN (3 weekly), and KEF (2 weekly) are all on the cards but will be served as an extension to their existing HEL route which will see frequency increase to daily from Mar 2020.
 
User avatar
cathay747
Posts: 1174
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:47 pm

Re: HO to start 3 weekly PVG-ATH from Jun 2020

Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:06 pm

HO? What airline is that???
Try a Little VC-10derness
 
777klm
Posts: 550
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:23 am

Re: HO to start 3 weekly PVG-ATH from Jun 2020

Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:09 pm

cathay747 wrote:
HO? What airline is that???

There’s this great thing called Google :)
HO= Juneyao Airlines
I had to look it up too :)
Home airport: AMS
Next flight: CNX - BKK
 
Blerg
Posts: 2617
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: HO to start 3 weekly PVG-ATH from Jun 2020

Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:13 pm

Nice to see another link from Athens to China. This will no doubt be a successful line given the rise of Chinese tourism and Greece's popularity. Anyone know the schedule?

Hopefully ATH starts expanding its terminal facilities as the airport is a zoo in summer.
 
xiaotung
Topic Author
Posts: 1016
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:58 pm

Re: HO to start 3 weekly PVG-ATH from Jun 2020

Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:20 pm

Blerg wrote:
Nice to see another link from Athens to China. This will no doubt be a successful line given the rise of Chinese tourism and Greece's popularity. Anyone know the schedule?

Hopefully ATH starts expanding its terminal facilities as the airport is a zoo in summer.


This is only an tentative schedule:

HO1657 PVG0025 – 0740ATH 789 247
HO1658 ATH1315 – 0455+1PVG 789 247
 
Blerg
Posts: 2617
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: HO to start 3 weekly PVG-ATH from Jun 2020

Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:23 pm

xiaotung wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Nice to see another link from Athens to China. This will no doubt be a successful line given the rise of Chinese tourism and Greece's popularity. Anyone know the schedule?

Hopefully ATH starts expanding its terminal facilities as the airport is a zoo in summer.


This is only an tentative schedule:

HO1657 PVG0025 – 0740ATH 789 247
HO1658 ATH1315 – 0455+1PVG 789 247


Times fit perfectly for Aegean's flights, all that remains to be seen is if they officially cooperate.
 
SueD
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:35 am

Re: HO to start 3 weekly PVG-ATH from Jun 2020

Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:56 pm

Before you think this shell carrier is any good and that the services will be anything close to profitable - Refer another live thread then think again - NONE of the Chinese carriers make ANY real money indeed its not their raison d’etre period stop!

It Is about political power and projection and moving all those cheap plastic and electronic goods (assembled by near slave labour i might add) to the western consumers with the money or maybe without the money to increase the debt due to China in the long game,rather more so than moving the organic blobs in the upper decks imho

The airlines are political tools of both central and regional governments - The Belt and Road initiative and other more potential sinister PRC threats to the liberal western economical models- Do some research and reading across many different sources to inform yourself.

By the way some interesting reading here not exactly encouraging imho

https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/04/09/jun ... e-airline/
 
Antarius
Posts: 1785
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: HO to start 3 weekly PVG-ATH from Jun 2020

Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:20 pm

cathay747 wrote:
HO? What airline is that???


The one that gets with all the other airlines.
19:SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS DOH BLR KTM MFM MEX MSY BWI BNA
 
User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Re: HO to start 3 weekly PVG-ATH from Jun 2020

Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:40 pm

xiaotung wrote:
HO have just announced with Greek tourism authority 3 weekly PVG-ATH flight from Jun 2020 on their B787-9. I would expect a tie-up with A3, as a *A connecting partner.

DUB (2 weekly), MAN (3 weekly), and KEF (2 weekly) are all on the cards but will be served as an extension to their existing HEL route which will see frequency increase to daily from Mar 2020.


Can you provide a source please?
 
SueD
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:35 am

Re: HO to start 3 weekly PVG-ATH from Jun 2020

Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:42 pm

Antarius wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
HO? What airline is that???


The one that gets with all the other airlines.


On close inspection its a shell carrier for China Eastern (Close to 25% holding) yet to be in Star ! and co-operates Air China in mainly China Eastern territory- Usual convoluted Chinese not what it seems business approach .

Its claims to be a private business however much/most of the funding is from other state businesses and some “pension funds” term used loosely
 
UnMAXed
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:55 am

Re: HO to start 3 weekly PVG-ATH from Jun 2020

Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:53 pm

SueD wrote:
Antarius wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
HO? What airline is that???


The one that gets with all the other airlines.


On close inspection its a shell carrier for China Eastern (Close to 25% holding) yet to be in Star ! and co-operates Air China in mainly China Eastern territory- Usual convoluted Chinese not what it seems business approach .

Its claims to be a private business however much/most of the funding is from other state businesses and some “pension funds” term used loosely

Pensioners' funds helping a HO is more prevalent than you think.
 
xiaotung
Topic Author
Posts: 1016
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:58 pm

Re: HO to start 3 weekly PVG-ATH from Jun 2020

Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:58 pm

SQ22 wrote:
xiaotung wrote:
HO have just announced with Greek tourism authority 3 weekly PVG-ATH flight from Jun 2020 on their B787-9. I would expect a tie-up with A3, as a *A connecting partner.

DUB (2 weekly), MAN (3 weekly), and KEF (2 weekly) are all on the cards but will be served as an extension to their existing HEL route which will see frequency increase to daily from Mar 2020.


Can you provide a source please?


https://www.shine.cn/news/metro/1911025130/
 
indywa
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:25 am

Re: HO to start 3 weekly PVG-ATH from Jun 2020

Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:00 pm

Antarius wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
HO? What airline is that???


The one that gets with all the other airlines.


I thought the same thing lol
 
x1234
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: HO to start 3 weekly PVG-ATH from Jun 2020

Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:04 pm

SueD. Juneyao is a PRIVATE Chinese airline that recently got B789's. Also if you want a Western credit card friendly website to purchase airline or train tickets with low prices use trip.com (Owned by Shanghai based CTrip). Never had a problem with CTrip. I agree Juneyao has to allow Western credit cards to purchase their tickets on their official website.
 
xiaotung
Topic Author
Posts: 1016
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:58 pm

Re: HO to start 3 weekly PVG-ATH from Jun 2020

Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:06 pm

SueD wrote:
Antarius wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
HO? What airline is that???


The one that gets with all the other airlines.


On close inspection its a shell carrier for China Eastern (Close to 25% holding) yet to be in Star ! and co-operates Air China in mainly China Eastern territory- Usual convoluted Chinese not what it seems business approach .

Its claims to be a private business however much/most of the funding is from other state businesses and some “pension funds” term used loosely


I always suspect that the cooperation with MU was to get leverage from the government and relevant authority so that HO can get their desired PVG slots which sometimes can be an impossible task. As a small private business, how do you compete with humongous state owned carriers without being a little creative?

Anyway, if you are based in Shanghai, HO provides a nice alternative to MU and they are using their new B787's to fly to under served destinations. They were also considering MEL and CAI but decided against it for the time being. They have pretty good fares and their B787-9's have Vantage XL Business Seats and you get to credit them to the likes of UA and count status. I have no problem with that.
 
Blerg
Posts: 2617
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: HO to start 3 weekly PVG-ATH from Jun 2020

Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:17 pm

Don't forget that some years ago the Chinese government pressured the Greek government to revoke landing rights to China Airlines which planned on flying Taipei-Athens during the summer months. These flights could be Beijing's compensation. Air China only recently introduced non-stop flights to Athens, before they used to operate via Munich.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: HO to start 3 weekly PVG-ATH from Jun 2020

Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:50 pm

xiaotung wrote:
HO have just announced with Greek tourism authority 3 weekly PVG-ATH flight from Jun 2020 on their B787-9. I would expect a tie-up with A3, as a *A connecting partner.

DUB (2 weekly), MAN (3 weekly), and KEF (2 weekly) are all on the cards but will be served as an extension to their existing HEL route which will see frequency increase to daily from Mar 2020.

Any public sources regarding this HEL extension yet?
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
OlympicATH
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2001 8:43 am

Re: HO to start 3 weekly PVG-ATH from Jun 2020

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:14 am

Always good to see more long haul out of ATH but I was hoping China Eastern (or Air China) would pick this one up. Better than nothing I guess but this is a relatively small carrier with very little footprint in Europe. Hope it does well.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos