Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Gregd75
Topic Author

Re: Aeromexico could fly Guadalajara to Paris

Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:25 am

I dont think its possible to compare GDL to STL. All of the US - GDL services support the large Mexican population in the US. VFR is very high, and its well known that people from Jalisco settled in California and Illinois, hence lots of connections.

Not so many settled in Texas (where Norteños did) so service is limited.

A new route to Europe is catering for a completely different market. The tourism to Europe is surely growing and AM might think there’s enough traffic to take advantage.

Also, by connecting GDL direct to Europe, maybe this would ease off seat demand from MEX, allowing growth without having to find another slot.

PacoMartin

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:49 am

Volaris is quick to point out that Mexicans take 3.094 billion bus trips in a year. I think about 15% of those trips are on luxury buses (often with only 25 lie flat seats per bus, movies, and a general level of service that mimics business class seating on US airlines). This type of bus travel is almost unknown in the USA.

In contrast, there is 50 million domestic passengers last year and 46 million international passengers. So the entire country of Mexico has fewer air passengers than ATL airport.

Volaris view of the population of Mexico
5.1 million High (more likely to fly Aeromexico or international carriers)
11.5 million Middle-High - current market
11.0 million Middle - current market
38.7 million Middle-Low (target to convert from bus to air | 4.1 million first time flyers since 2014)
58.1 million Vulnerable (unlikely to ever fly)

In the domestic market in Mexico for 2018, Volaris has finally caught AeroMexico at 28% apiece, with 21% going to Interjet, 18% going to VivaAerobus and 5% to "other". As AeroMexico is hobbled by the MAX crisis, Volaris is surpassing them in 2019 with a 32% share in the first half of the year.

Volaris and Frontier Airlines share 23 USA airports, and their codeshare is the first between two ULCC airlines.

Kadish

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:43 pm

Gregd75 wrote:
Good points!

How about Level flying BCN -GDL with connections on Vueling at BCN?

GDL - BCN - MAD stays one-stop just like flying to CDG. I would imagine that there is tourism direct to BCN too, and this feeds into the Vueling network.

So, just as AM started to fly MEX -BCN in order to beat Emirates to the route, it may be that they are thinking about this route to beat IAG to this route.

One thing to remember- AM posted a loss recently, so they’ll have to be very careful selecting any new routes. They won’t want to lose more money.

I think this type of route is what the 787-8 was made for. Long thin, opening new secondary cities.

I seriously doubt GDL - BCN - MAD will work, if someone from GDL wants to get to MAD there are more frequencies if you go GDL-MEX MAD, IB itself is up to 3 daily. Maybe GDL - MAD-BCN could work.

Gregd75
Topic Author

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:34 pm

Kadish wrote:
I seriously doubt GDL - BCN - MAD will work, if someone from GDL wants to get to MAD there are more frequencies if you go GDL-MEX MAD, IB itself is up to 3 daily. Maybe GDL - MAD-BCN could work.

Sorry. The point was that IB is considering flying MAD - GDL. I tried to make the point that maybe using Level to fly BCN - GDL, and then with connections to Europe (Including Madrid) via BCN could be a cost effective alternative that helps the route become profitable.

If someone from Guadalajara wants to fly GDL - MAD, then they'd have 2 options;
AM GDL - MEX - MAD
[Level] IAG GDL - BCN - MAD Probably this would be a cheaper option. Salaries, landing slots etc etc

I agree with you, this option wouldn't be able to complete on the frequencies otherwise offered, but it could on cost. I would imagine.

On the other hand, If you suggest GDL - MAD - BCN on AM (assuming a passenger wouldn't just fly GDL - MEX - BCN) who are you suggesting would be the partner airline to fly MAD - BCN? Not IB, and Not Air Europa anymore, due to the recent buyout.

Kadish

Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:16 pm

Gregd75 wrote:
Kadish wrote:

Sorry. The point was that IB is considering flying MAD - GDL. I tried to make the point that maybe using Level to fly BCN - GDL, and then with connections to Europe (Including Madrid) via BCN could be a cost effective alternative that helps the route become profitable.

If someone from Guadalajara wants to fly GDL - MAD, then they'd have 2 options;
AM GDL - MEX - MAD
[Level] IAG GDL - BCN - MAD Probably this would be a cheaper option. Salaries, landing slots etc etc

In theory must be cheaper, but I ve tried someties mockbookings and is not that cheap as someone may think.

I agree with you, this option wouldn't be able to complete on the frequencies otherwise offered, but it could on cost. I would imagine.

On the other hand, If you suggest GDL - MAD - BCN on AM (assuming a passenger wouldn't just fly GDL - MEX - BCN) who are you suggesting would be the partner airline to fly MAD - BCN? Not IB, and Not Air Europa anymore, due to the recent buyout.

I guess both parties should reach an agreement...the same occurs with Latam if they leave oneworld. It is in both interest....unless IB was really aggresive on price,frecuencies...so IB could make AM redundant.

Cheers

PacoMartin

Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:40 am

Given these passenger numbers out of MEX
779,777 Madrid
506,519 Paris
333,992 Amsterdam
252,446 London
220,346 Frankfurt

What will happen at GDL next? AMS seems unlikely.

Aeroméxico is discontinuing its MEX-TIJ-PVG service to Shangahi next month. I wonder if it is a viable option to go through GDL instead? While TIJ elevation is about 500', GDL is 2300' lower than MEX. I don't know if that is enough to make a difference.

MEX PVG : 8,026 mi (AMSL 7,316 ft )
GDL PVG : 7,792 mi (only 234 miles shorter, but AMSL 5,016 ft)
TIJ PVG : 6,612 mi
MEX NRT : 7,004 mi

Sancho

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:59 pm

PacoMartin wrote:
Given these passenger numbers out of MEX
779,777 Madrid
506,519 Paris
333,992 Amsterdam
252,446 London
220,346 Frankfurt

What will happen at GDL next? AMS seems unlikely.

Aeroméxico is discontinuing its MEX-TIJ-PVG service to Shangahi next month. I wonder if it is a viable option to go through GDL instead? While TIJ elevation is about 500', GDL is 2300' lower than MEX. I don't know if that is enough to make a difference.

MEX PVG : 8,026 mi (AMSL 7,316 ft )
GDL PVG : 7,792 mi (only 234 miles shorter, but AMSL 5,016 ft)
TIJ PVG : 6,612 mi
MEX NRT : 7,004 mi

As far as I know, the capacity from PVG will go to BCN making the route daily.

Regarding GDL-CDG I don’t think it’s going to happen, AM doesn’t have enough widebodies and recently they increased capacity in MEX-CDG. I think the only one that can make GDL-Europe work is IB/UX.

rabader

Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:07 am

Sancho wrote:
As far as I know, the capacity from PVG will go to BCN making the route daily.

Regarding GDL-CDG I don’t think it’s going to happen, AM doesn’t have enough widebodies and recently they increased capacity in MEX-CDG. I think the only one that can make GDL-Europe work is IB/UX.

Yes the capacity of PVG will go BCN, and it seems like the Asia strategy is going daily in ICN to offer connections to the rest of Asia from there, and transfering the Tokyo flight from Haneda to Narita.

I don't think it makes sense to open GDL-CDG since that flight will be direct competition to AF and AM MEX-CDG flights. I think the best way for GDL to get service is from IB opening a route from Madrid. But if they have not done it's because the demand isn't there. IB offers flights to GDL connecting in MEX with 4O. In fact its easier to connect from IB to 4O, than from AF or KL to AM.

ghost77

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:22 am

Sancho wrote:

But they will!! More B787's will come in 2020!!

g77

Sancho

Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:55 pm

ghost77 wrote:
Sancho wrote:

But they will!! More B787's will come in 2020!!

g77

Good news! Do you know many they will be adding?

EddieDude

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:53 pm

Kadish wrote:
IB could make AM redundant.

Apologies, but I got a bit lost and confused with so many quotes of quotes of quotes...

Do you mean on MEX-GDL? I think UX's track record of serving midsize destinations in South America could be an indication that IB/UX might be better positioned to serve this market. The main issue is that the pricing would have to be very aggressive. MAD-GDL has a substantially lower business component than MAD-MEX, and on a GDP per capita basis, Mexico City is twice as wealthy as Jalisco. Also, because of the nature of the GDL market, this would be a very O&D route. If AM is willing to sacrifice yield, the hometown carrier advantage may play in its favor... and any actions to decentralize Mexican intercontinental aviation from MEX would be a welcome thing.

Now, if you mean on MEX-MAD, I don't see a scenario where this could happen. Even if IB were systematically cheaper on MEX-MAD than AM (which it usually is), AM has a large base of frequent fliers who will not seriously consider IB for trans-Atlantic hops. On the other hand, I am certain that AM has a lot of corporate contracts that allow it to comfortably maintain more than 7x weekly flights all year long. So there is no doubt that IB is already and will continue to be the leader in the market in terms of weekly seats, but I am quite sure AM turns a very handsome profit on MEX-MAD. That and the fact that AM has both 788s and 789s, gives them a lot of flexibility to adapt capacity for optimal yield management. Add to that reasonably priced MAD-MEX-[beach/colonial cities/Central America]-MEX-MAD tickets at Spanish PoS, which is just frosting on the cake, and AM will never be redundant.

PacoMartin wrote:

As others have mentioned, the aircraft used for MEX-PVG is needed for a daily MEX-BCN rotation. And to be more blunt, I'd say PVG was just not making money as AM expected. Look at CZ's CAN-MEX service; it is languishing at 2x weekly and likely to be put to sleep soon. Not sure about Hainan's PEK-MEX via TIJ but I cannot imagine it is making money if it still exists. I am sad AM is leaving PVG because its partner MU could provide a lot of feed and connections, but it is smart for AM to focus its Asia efforts on NRT (proven O&D route) and ICN (huge SkyTeam hub) on a non-stop and daily basis.

ghost77 wrote:
More B787's will come in 2020!!

Really? I thought there was only one undelivered 789. Do you have more info?
Upcoming flights:
April/May: AM MEX-SCL 788 (J), AM EZE-MEX 789 (J).

Kadish

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:04 pm

EddieDude wrote:
Kadish wrote:
IB could make AM redundant.

Apologies, but I got a bit lost and confused with so many quotes of quotes of quotes...

Do you mean on MEX-GDL? I think UX's track record of serving midsize destinations in South America could be an indication that IB/UX might be better positioned to serve this market. The main issue is that the pricing would have to be very aggressive. MAD-GDL has a substantially lower business component than MAD-MEX, and on a GDP per capita basis, Mexico City is twice as wealthy as Jalisco. Also, because of the nature of the GDL market, this would be a very O&D route. If AM is willing to sacrifice yield, the hometown carrier advantage may play in its favor... and any actions to decentralize Mexican intercontinental aviation from MEX would be a welcome thing.

Now, if you mean on MEX-MAD, I don't see a scenario where this could happen. Even if IB were systematically cheaper on MEX-MAD than AM (which it usually is), AM has a large base of frequent fliers who will not seriously consider IB for trans-Atlantic hops. On the other hand, I am certain that AM has a lot of corporate contracts that allow it to comfortably maintain more than 7x weekly flights all year long. So there is no doubt that IB is already and will continue to be the leader in the market in terms of weekly seats, but I am quite sure AM turns a very handsome profit on MEX-MAD. That and the fact that AM has both 788s and 789s, gives them a lot of flexibility to adapt capacity for optimal yield management. Add to that reasonably priced MAD-MEX-[beach/colonial cities/Central America]-MEX-MAD tickets at Spanish PoS, which is just frosting on the cake, and AM will never be redundant.

PacoMartin wrote:

As others have mentioned, the aircraft used for MEX-PVG is needed for a daily MEX-BCN rotation. And to be more blunt, I'd say PVG was just not making money as AM expected. Look at CZ's CAN-MEX service; it is languishing at 2x weekly and likely to be put to sleep soon. Not sure about Hainan's PEK-MEX via TIJ but I cannot imagine it is making money if it still exists. I am sad AM is leaving PVG because its partner MU could provide a lot of feed and connections, but it is smart for AM to focus its Asia efforts on NRT (proven O&D route) and ICN (huge SkyTeam hub) on a non-stop and daily basis.

ghost77 wrote:
More B787's will come in 2020!!

Really? I thought there was only one undelivered 789. Do you have more info?

I meant MEX-MAD.

ghost77

Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:15 am

Effectively Feb 4th, AM is going daily on MEX-ICN.

And yes, more B787s are on their way in 2020. Can't say more... for the moment, last one, XA-MFG just started service this week. A record of 19 B787s are flown today.

As for MAX grounding, seems it won't be until maybe February now that comes back.

g77

EddieDude

Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:21 pm

ghost77 wrote:
And yes, more B787s are on their way in 2020. Can't say more... for the moment, last one, XA-MFG just started service this week. A record of 19 B787s are flown today.

Thanks Ghost.

Yes, 19 is the original orders. Nine -8s and ten -9s.

I will venture to say the additional Dreamliners coming on board next year as per your comments would be either leases (very likely= or second hand aircraft (not too likely). If it were an order, it would have been revealed some time ago. In any event, it is great to see more widebodies at the AM fleet. LIM and JFK sould be upgauged to 788s in all rotations.
Upcoming flights:

Gregd75
Topic Author

Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:08 am

I thought the MEX - JFK rotation on 787 is to use a plane that arrives in from Europe in the early morning. It flies out for 9 to 10 hours, returning just in time to fly out to Europe again.

Why would AM want to make MEX - JFK all 787? Surely they’d want to use the new frames to either open new routes (such as GDL - CDG / MEX - FRA or FCO) and/or increase intercontinental frequencies.

Currently MEX - CDG has 3 flights a day. Does it really need a fourth? Or could a new route help reduce the loads on those 3 frequencies?

GDL is not slot constrained unlike MEX.

Maybe the Jalisco government may support the launch if the route?

It just seems theres a lot that could be done with new frames. Is JFK a best option?

ghost77

Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:24 am

EddieDude wrote:
ghost77 wrote:

Thanks Ghost.

Yes, 19 is the original orders. Nine -8s and ten -9s.

I will venture to say the additional Dreamliners coming on board next year as per your comments would be either leases (very likely= or second hand aircraft (not too likely). If it were an order, it would have been revealed some time ago. In any event, it is great to see more widebodies at the AM fleet. LIM and JFK sould be upgauged to 788s in all rotations.

More new frames will arrive. I can tell you that by 3Q20, two more will be delivered. Lets see what comes out from those 2 extra birds!

g77

SCQ83

Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:04 pm

Guadalajara has been mentioned a few times by Iberia, in addition to Monterrey.

Now that Iberia/Air Europa need to expand their portfolio of long-haul destinations, a triangular flight MAD-MTY-GDL-MAD seems logical. And there are not that many realistic new destinations in LATAM for IB/UX.

Let's see what happens with UX itself, but I could see Air Europa (if they become the "budget" airline) flying it and connection into IB/UX's hub in MAD.

EddieDude

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:20 pm

ghost77 wrote:
More new frames will arrive. I can tell you that by 3Q20, two more will be delivered. Lets see what comes out from those 2 extra birds!

Those would be -9s, correct? I would love to see AM return to PVG and maybe switch another one of its daily flights to JFK from 738 to Dreamliner.
Upcoming flights:

HunterATL

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:37 pm

Delta announced at its Investor Day last week that AM is in talks with Delta's European partners to join the Atlantic jv as an associate member. If an agreement can be reached, there will likely be several new routes/flights between Mexico and Europe upon regulatory approval.

dodgers702

Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:53 pm

Too bad AM is a bit conservative when it comes to international expansion. Would really like to see them go a little wild and expand in other parts of the world. Yes, bring back PVG again and maybe start a route like MEX- TLV? I know EL AL use to fly to MEX at one time right? Obviously you will not be able to fly direct for some routes but would really like AM to surprise one of these days outside of the box! Or maybe another Asia destination? Maybe HKG? I guess its just wishful thinking but AM can be bold and expand a little farther out other than America or Europe.

EddieDude

Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:23 am

HunterATL wrote:
Delta announced at its Investor Day last week that AM is in talks with Delta's European partners to join the Atlantic jv as an associate member. If an agreement can be reached, there will likely be several new routes/flights between Mexico and Europe upon regulatory approval.

Wow! Thanks for that. AM becoming a joint business partner rather than just a codeshare partner makes a lot of sense for them (probably not for consumers though, as fares on MEX-CDG/AMS could definitely go up as a result).

It will be interesting to see whether AM launches any new European destinations. MXP anyone?

dodgers702 wrote:
Too bad AM is a bit conservative when it comes to international expansion. Would really like to see them go a little wild and expand in other parts of the world. Yes, bring back PVG again and maybe start a route like MEX- TLV? I know EL AL use to fly to MEX at one time right? Obviously you will not be able to fly direct for some routes but would really like AM to surprise one of these days outside of the box! Or maybe another Asia destination? Maybe HKG?

AM didn't really blame the discontinuation of the flight to PVG on its financial performance, it just said it needed that aircraft to make BCN daily. Even though it is implied that PVG was not a stellar route from a financial perspective, it might have been just borderline break-even, rather than a money-losing route, so hopefully in due time PVG will be back. TLV... yeah, no. HKG no way either; things are not doing well for HKG-routes because of the situation there... launching HKG right now would be a really bad business decision. Some years ago it was speculated that PEK was coming (now it would be Daxing), but nothing came of it. While that would be awesome, I am not sure AM will add anything in Asia other than make MEX-ICN daily.
Upcoming flights:

ghost77

Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:18 am

EddieDude wrote:
Those would be -9s, correct? I would love to see AM return to PVG and maybe switch another one of its daily flights to JFK from 738 to Dreamliner.

Correct. Flying to PVG is like shooting in your foot now. Economy is going to the drain, just like HKG. If AM ever goes back to China, it definitely has to be PEK.

Watch out for Brazil... they're booming, it wouldn't surprise me to see AM flying back to GIG before back to China.

What happened to China is that when Southern came to the game, they started 3X and stole 30 pax a flight, that is 90 weekly pax's. Now they only fly 2X, near to 60pax.

Then Hainan started and since, they've had very cheesy loads, they carry 100 pax average, with their 2X that's around 200 plus 60 going on China Southern, thats 250 pax average now on Chinese airlines., that was Aeromexico's 3rd frequency and better loads on the other 2 frequencies. There's a market but the market's is quite small. And even AM used to connect many people from South America.

If China's carriers keep the routes, they'll loose now less money with AM out of the game but I don't think they'll win on MEX (our economy is doing now BRILLIANT with a 0% thanks to a smart ass), unless they don't care making profits. As soon as chinese carriers go, AM could again launch China with good loads but instead, not flying to PEK. Yet, many things still depend on how our economy folds in the next months and hard years might come as well with our stupid president.

g77

questions

Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:02 am

ghost77 wrote:
EddieDude wrote:

Correct. Flying to PVG is like shooting in your foot now. Economy is going to the drain, just like HKG. If AM ever goes back to China, it definitely has to be PEK.

Watch out for Brazil... they're booming, it wouldn't surprise me to see AM flying back to GIG before back to China.

What happened to China is that when Southern came to the game, they started 3X and stole 30 pax a flight, that is 90 weekly pax's. Now they only fly 2X, near to 60pax.

Then Hainan started and since, they've had very cheesy loads, they carry 100 pax average, with their 2X that's around 200 plus 60 going on China Southern, thats 250 pax average now on Chinese airlines., that was Aeromexico's 3rd frequency and better loads on the other 2 frequencies. There's a market but the market's is quite small. And even AM used to connect many people from South America.

If China's carriers keep the routes, they'll loose now less money with AM out of the game but I don't think they'll win on MEX (our economy is doing now BRILLIANT with a 0% thanks to a smart ass), unless they don't care making profits. As soon as chinese carriers go, AM could again launch China with good loads but instead, not flying to PEK. Yet, many things still depend on how our economy folds in the next months and hard years might come as well with our stupid president.

g77

Does AM follow a similar strategy as DL, partnering with KE and routing a lot of Mexico-Asia traffic through ICN?

EddieDude

Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:20 pm

questions wrote:
Does AM follow a similar strategy as DL, partnering with KE and routing a lot of Mexico-Asia traffic through ICN?

They should. However, AFAIK, AM has not moved to the new SkyTeam terminal at ICN. It'd be interesting to do hypothetical bookings to Asian cities on the AM site. Hopefully I will have the time to play around this holiday season.
Upcoming flights:

Yahnih

Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:43 am

EddieDude wrote:
questions wrote:

They should. However, AFAIK, AM has not moved to the new SkyTeam terminal at ICN. It'd be interesting to do hypothetical bookings to Asian cities on the AM site. Hopefully I will have the time to play around this holiday season.

Aeromexico uses T2 with the rest of SkyTeam.

Only Vietnam Airlines, Saudia, and MU left. I think Vietnam and Saudia will be next to move.

Vietnam Airlines.with only some flights into T2.
As well as MU. MU uses T1 and mainly the satellite terminals. They have quite a sizable operation and I think won’t move into T2 until the expansion is complete I believe.

EddieDude

Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:33 pm

Thanks Yahnih.Very helpful information. Happy holidays!
Upcoming flights:

x1234

Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:22 pm

AM should launch a KE code-share to PEK/PVG/CAN/SZX/HKG/SIN/BKK (the most important Asian destinations) as they're going to be flying to ICN daily.

Sancho

Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:17 pm

x1234 wrote:
AM should launch a KE code-share to PEK/PVG/CAN/SZX/HKG/SIN/BKK (the most important Asian destinations) as they're going to be flying to ICN daily.

Aren’t they already code sharing this destinations through NRT with JAL?

PacoMartin

Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:20 am

CDG Paris is the second most popular airport for Americans to fly to in Europe (no surprise). Perhaps GDL would provide a low cost transfer point to Paris from cities that don't have nonstops. Tijuana (via CBX), Phoenix, Las Vegas and possibly Austin come to mind.
-------------------------------------------
US nonstops to CDG
Norwegian Air Shuttle Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles, New York–JFK, Orlando, San Francisco Seasonal: Denver, Boston, Austin (begins 6 May 2020), Chicago–O'Hare (begins 1 May 2020)
American Airlines Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami, New York–JFK, Philadelphia Seasonal: Charlotte, Chicago–O'Hare
Delta Air Lines Atlanta, Boston, Cincinnati, Detroit, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York–JFK, Raleigh/Durham, Salt Lake City, Seattle/Tacoma
United Airlines Chicago–O'Hare, Newark, San Francisco, Washington–Dulles
Air France Atlanta, Boston, Chicago–O'Hare, Houston–Intercontinental, Los Angeles, Miami, New York–JFK, San Francisco, Seattle/Tacoma, Washington–Dulles, Seasonal: Dallas/Fort Worth

Ishrion

Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:49 am

PacoMartin wrote:
CDG Paris is the second most popular airport for Americans to fly to in Europe (no surprise). Perhaps GDL would provide a low cost transfer point to Paris from cities that don't have nonstops. Tijuana (via CBX), Phoenix, Las Vegas and possibly Austin come to mind.
US nonstops to CDG
Norwegian Air Shuttle Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles, New York–JFK, Orlando, San Francisco Seasonal: Denver, Boston, Austin (begins 6 May 2020), Chicago–O'Hare (begins 1 May 2020)
American Airlines Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami, New York–JFK, Philadelphia Seasonal: Charlotte, Chicago–O'Hare
Delta Air Lines Atlanta, Boston, Cincinnati, Detroit, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York–JFK, Raleigh/Durham, Salt Lake City, Seattle/Tacoma
Air France Atlanta, Boston, Chicago–O'Hare, Houston–Intercontinental, Los Angeles, Miami, New York–JFK, San Francisco, Seattle/Tacoma, Washington–Dulles, Seasonal: Dallas/Fort Worth

LAS is receiving a nonstop to Orly on LEVEL but not CDG.

Also I believe Air France has a seasonal flight to Minneapolis?

EddieDude

Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:53 am

PacoMartin wrote:
Perhaps GDL would provide a low cost transfer point to Paris from cities that don't have nonstops. Tijuana (via CBX), Phoenix, Las Vegas and possibly Austin come to mind.

AM is no low-cost carrier. Certainly not on widebody flights to other continents. Flying from the U.S. to GDL to catch a flight to Europe is nonsensical. There is quite a lot of offer (including super cheap seats) in the U.S.-Europe market.
Upcoming flights:

Thibault973

Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:24 am

PacoMartin wrote:
US nonstops to CDG

Since when has AA's flight from ORD become seasonal ?
+ AF also flies seasonally to MSP.

PacoMartin

Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:35 pm

PacoMartin wrote:
US nonstops to CDG

I forgot to include Air France Seasonal: Minneapolis/St. Paul

Both wikipedia entries (CDG and ORD) list American Airlines flight connecting them as seasonal
Last edited by PacoMartin on Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PacoMartin

Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:49 pm

EddieDude wrote:
AM is no low-cost carrier. Certainly not on widebody flights to other continents. Flying from the U.S. to GDL to catch a flight to Europe is nonsensical. There is quite a lot of offer (including super cheap seats) in the U.S.-Europe market.

Perhaps you are right. Most people would rather make the connection in the USA.

At one point I thought the Dreamliners might attract Delta flyers to Mexico. There was a concerted campaign to try and worry people about the dangers of bleed air (including an aborted film) but it does not seem that too many people embraced the topic.

Delta Widebody fleet (average age)
56 Boeing 767-300 23.6 years
21 Boeing 767-400 19.0
18 Boeing 777-200 14.8
11 Airbus A330-200 14.7
31 Airbus A330-300 11.0
4 Airbus A330-900 0.5
13 Airbus A350 XWB 1.9

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos