Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

sargester
Topic Author

How is Hawaiian doing on HNL-BOS?

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:27 am

Lads,

I was on FlightRadar 24 recently and I happened to stumble across Hawaiians Honolulu-Boston flight, how is that flight doing? I haven't heard much and the only complaints read or heard is the very early arrival time to BOS...Loads and all that Jazz how we doing?

Please enlighten me...J

xxcr

Re: How is Hawaiian doing on HNL-BOS?

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:42 am

whoa, i forgot HA flew that route. Im kinda curious to

LAXintl

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:46 am

From an analyst note based on an interview last month, HA SVP revenue management Brent Overbeek said:

New BOS route - the longest domestic route doing really well
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

airway1

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:15 am

Someone posted numbers in the Boston thread. Seems they are doing great.

RWA380

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:48 am

sargester wrote:
Lads,

I was on FlightRadar 24 recently and I happened to stumble across Hawaiians Honolulu-Boston flight, how is that flight doing? I haven't heard much and the only complaints read or heard is the very early arrival time to BOS...Loads and all that Jazz how we doing?

Please enlighten me...J

The flight has been mentioned several times in the Hawaii thread & the same report, it has been exceeding expectations from it's launch. HA moves slowly with their adds, especially outside of their proven markets. I expect this second successful foray to the East Coast to possibly bring another add inland well past the West Coast. As far as Hawaiians BOS-HNL schedule goes, from a random Weds in April.

BOS Lv: 9:10 am
HNL Ar:10:40 am

HNL Lv:12:40 pm
BOS Ar: 7:30 am + 1

The connecting traffic with B6 must not be significant given the departure time from Boston, how many places even connect properly? Except JFK maybe & then one would be on the HA n/s from there. However the return flight likely offers quite a bit of the East Cost markets served by B6 out of BOS. I am under the impression this is mostly O/D traffic.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

Max Q

Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:34 am

Seems like a no lose proposition, no one else serves this route non stop, they’re providing a unique getaway to a warm, exotic destination from a large, wealthy but often very cold city
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

bendytendy

Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:12 am

It looks like there are enough flights to provide some B6 feed even with the early departure from BOS. ATL, BWI, ORD, DCA, SYR, RIC, RDU, PIT, LGA, JFK, DTW, & CLE all have early enough arrivals into BOS to make a reasonable connection. They can also get some 9K connections from AUG, BHB, LEB, MVY, ACK, PVC & RUT

MIflyer12

Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:49 am

Max Q wrote:
Seems like a no lose proposition, no one else serves this route non stop, they’re providing a unique getaway to a warm, exotic destination from a large, wealthy but often very cold city

The competition isn't one-stops to Hawaii but cheap, quick (under 4:30) AA/DL/B6 nonstops to a dozen Caribbean or Mexican destinations.

wawaman

Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:53 am

That sure is an interesting route. Is this to far for the A321 or do they use the A332?

RyanairGuru

Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:18 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
Max Q wrote:

The competition isn't one-stops to Hawaii but cheap, quick (under 4:30) AA/DL/B6 nonstops to a dozen Caribbean or Mexican destinations.

Not really the same market in this context. Boston is closer to Istanbul than it is to Honolulu. Hawai'i isn't a convenient or quick getaway. That does not mean, however, that there is no market for a more 'unique' destination for people who have already been to those dozen or so destinations. People who fly 10 hours to lie on a beach or play golf generally have money to burn, and as Max Q said Boston is an affluent city with a lot of people who have that sort of money.

In a different market, consider that there are 21 weekly flights - 3 daily on average - from Australia to Honolulu. Australia is blessed with some of the best beaches in the world, not to mention that South East Asia is closer and much, much cheaper than Hawai'i is.

For whatever reason Hawai'i attracts a clientele who are happy to pay more to go there.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

adamh8297

Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:19 pm

wawaman wrote:
That sure is an interesting route. Is this to far for the A321 or do they use the A332?

A332 since it's over 5k statute miles. The flight is actually longer than BOS-IST!!!!
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

shamrock137

Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:24 pm

wawaman wrote:

Too far for the 321, 4,427nm according to great circle mapper. The average flight time from BOS-HNL seems to be about 11.5, 12 hours.
Time to spare? Go by air!

tphuang

Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:01 pm

I took a look at comparables like JFK hnl. For a first quarter of operation, it's pretty good yield. Will have to check back again when q3 comes out

klm617

Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:19 pm

bendytendy wrote:
It looks like there are enough flights to provide some B6 feed even with the early departure from BOS. ATL, BWI, ORD, DCA, SYR, RIC, RDU, PIT, LGA, JFK, DTW, & CLE all have early enough arrivals into BOS to make a reasonable connection. They can also get some 9K connections from AUG, BHB, LEB, MVY, ACK, PVC & RUT

Sorry but if I live in Detroit I'm not flying to Boston to catch a Hawaiian flight to Honolulu.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

CALMSP

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:03 pm

klm617 wrote:
bendytendy wrote:

Sorry but if I live in Detroit I'm not flying to Boston to catch a Hawaiian flight to Honolulu.

but plenty of people will. I used to check in people all the time in MSP routing MSP-IAH-LAX/SFO/SEA. People do backtrack.

jagraham

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:26 pm

CALMSP wrote:
klm617 wrote:
bendytendy wrote:

but plenty of people will. I used to check in people all the time in MSP routing MSP-IAH-LAX/SFO/SEA. People do backtrack.

Which is why DL is adding nonstops from MSP and DTW to HNL

https://www.google.com/flights?lite=0#f ... .USD.81719
https://news.delta.com/deltas-new-detro ... ach-hawaii

However, I agree that the Boston metro area has enough people who would like to go to Hawaii nonstop to fill an HA A332 daily. Connections are a bonus but I am sure HA is not counting on them. More connections at JFK but there is less backtracking and it's B6's home.

PacoMartin

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:27 pm

wawaman wrote:

They have not put the A321 to PHX yet. BOS is way too far xcept possibly for XLR when it delivers.
CUN is much closer.

Western727

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:57 pm

I find the success of BOS-HNL a bit surprising. Growing up in SEA, Hawaii was it for those seeking warm beaches and such. The western Mexican destinations (Cabo, Mazatlan, PVR, etc.) were also popular destinations, but places like CUN generally weren't mentioned often by folks up there, presumably given the longer distance involved vs. the aforementioned destinations. In that vein, the Caribbean was seldom mentioned, presumably for the same reason.

Then, living in DC for 6 years I was fascinated by the shift in travels to, and mentions of, the Caribbean and eastern Mexico destinations. Hawaii was seldom mentioned as an actual or sought-after destination. I recall a close childhood friend's destination wedding (in Cozumel) in 2011 which had numerous people attend from the eastern US where he lived; his family from SEA were the "odd ones out", and they mentioned as much, opining that Cozumel wasn't a typical destination for Seattleites.

So...why is Hawaii attractive to those in the BOS area? If I were in BOS, I can't imagine finding Hawaii that attractive, knowing about the multiple available nonstop flights to Caribbean destinations that are much shorter (CUN being significantly less than half the distance to HNL as an example). TIA for the insight.
Jack @ AUS

richierich

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:19 pm

Western727 wrote:
I find the success of BOS-HNL a bit surprising. Growing up in SEA, Hawaii was it for those seeking warm beaches and such. The western Mexican destinations (Cabo, Mazatlan, PVR, etc.) were also popular destinations, but places like CUN generally weren't mentioned often by folks up there, presumably given the longer distance involved vs. the aforementioned destinations. In that vein, the Caribbean was seldom mentioned, presumably for the same reason.

Then, living in DC for 6 years I was fascinated by the shift in travels to, and mentions of, the Caribbean and eastern Mexico destinations. Hawaii was seldom mentioned as an actual or sought-after destination. I recall a close childhood friend's destination wedding (in Cozumel) in 2011 which had numerous people attend from the eastern US where he lived; his family from SEA were the "odd ones out", and they mentioned as much, opining that Cozumel wasn't a typical destination for Seattleites.

So...why is Hawaii attractive to those in the BOS area? If I were in BOS, I can't imagine finding Hawaii that attractive, knowing about the multiple available nonstop flights to Caribbean destinations that are much shorter (CUN being significantly less than half the distance to HNL as an example). TIA for the insight.

I don't know, maybe because Hawaii is in the US? No sketchy islands where you shouldn't leave the resort to deal with, and far less sketchy resorts for that matter. Also, no foreign language issues and yet HI still has a unique culture and history all of its own. Oh, and the Hawaiian islands are much less prone to hurricanes than the Caribbean is, although they obviously do get some terrible cyclones (and volcanic activity) from time to time.
In my opinion, if you can stomach the 11+ hour flight and the additional cost - Hawaii is more expensive than the Caribbean from the east coast, generally - it is a fantastic place to visit! Each of the islands has its own subculture. Waikiki is the tourist mecca but Maui, Kauai and the Big Island offer far more varied and engaging vacations catering to those who just want to sit at the resort and be pampered all the way to those seeking full-on adventures.
None shall pass!!!!

Western727

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:25 pm

richierich wrote:
Western727 wrote:

I don't know, maybe because Hawaii is in the US? No sketchy islands where you shouldn't leave the resort to deal with, and far less sketchy resorts for that matter. Also, no foreign language issues and yet HI still has a unique culture and history all of its own. Oh, and the Hawaiian islands are much less prone to hurricanes than the Caribbean is, although they obviously do get some terrible cyclones (and volcanic activity) from time to time.
In my opinion, if you can stomach the 11+ hour flight and the additional cost - Hawaii is more expensive than the Caribbean from the east coast, generally - it is a fantastic place to visit! Each of the islands has its own subculture. Waikiki is the tourist mecca but Maui, Kauai and the Big Island offer far more varied and engaging vacations catering to those who just want to sit at the resort and be pampered all the way to those seeking full-on adventures.

Sketchy makes some sense. I've been to Oahu (only) and I agree, it's a beautiful place to visit. At the same time, beach vacations tend to last from a few days to a week, so I don't see the appeal of flying on an 11-hour flight; I'd rather save 11-hour flights for vacations of greater durations, like 10 days or more, but that's just me, I guess. :old:
Jack @ AUS

tomaheath

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:48 pm

Western727 wrote:

I live in New Hampshire and recently traveled to Hawaii (3 islands) it was a fantastic trip. The fact that is still the US is very attractive to me. I have no interest in traveling to the Caribbean what’s so ever.

DoctorVenkman

Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:01 pm

I've been to all the main Hawaiian islands as well as a few Caribbean islands, having lived on both coasts of the USA. I would say that Hawaii has much more of a DIY adventure feeling... you can just rent a car and see all these things on your own. It's still the USA, the roads are in good condition, people speak English, etc. Whereas the islands I visited in the Caribbean were mostly all-inclusive resorts, where an "adventure" would be taking the package trip from your resort to go zip-lining or whatever. Everything I did felt very by the books and rehearsed in the Caribbean.

That's not to say one type of trip is better than the other, but people will have their preferences. Personally, I would rather fly 11 hours to Hawaii than 4 hours to the Caribbean, but that's just the way I like to travel.

dennypayne

Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:14 pm

Hawaii isn't just about beach. Someone already mentioned the unique culture, plus there's volcanoes, surfing, Pearl Harbor history, etc. that you won't find in the Caribbean. And now Bostonians can get there nonstop - bonus.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
A300/310/319/320/321/332/333/343/380 AN24/28/38/148 ARJ AT6/7 B190
B717/722/732/3/4/5/7/8/9 741/744/752/753/762/763/764/772/773/788/789
CR1/2/7/9 D8S D93/4/5 DHC2/3/7/8 D28/38 EMB/EM2/ER3/D/4/E70/75/90
F50/100 J31 L10 L4T M11/80/87/90 SF3 SU9 TU3/TU5 YK2

Cointrin330

Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:36 pm

The B6 feed at BOS should be helping the HA route. A lot.

vikkyvik

Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:54 pm

RWA380 wrote:
HNL Lv:12:40 pmBOS Ar: 7:30 am + 1

That flight must have a stop. The nonstops that I see leave HNL at 3:15 PM and arrive in BOS at 5:50 AM the next day. Travel time is about 9:30, plus 5 hour time change.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

Western727

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:06 pm

tomaheath wrote:
Western727 wrote:

I live in New Hampshire and recently traveled to Hawaii (3 islands) it was a fantastic trip. The fact that is still the US is very attractive to me. I have no interest in traveling to the Caribbean what’s so ever.

Thank you for taking the time to rebut my views, tomaheath, DoctorVenkman and dennypayne. Great points, and they are appreciated.
Jack @ AUS

tphuang

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:09 pm

Having just visited HI a week ago from NYC, I think HI still feels kind of far. For me, it's super easy to have a long weekend at Paris or Madrid. But going to HI is a hike, especially if I'm not going to HNL. It takes almost as long to go to HI as it does to Tokyo. So at least on East Coast, you will see far more people going to Europe for longer distance holidays than HI.

RJNUT

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:15 pm

bendytendy wrote:

At present HA and 9K don't have an interline ticketing and baggage agreement and their mutual B6 codeshare cannot override that fact. I would think they would be working on an agreement but who knows.

seat38a

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:24 pm

richierich wrote:
Western727 wrote:

From what I read a while back, everything you mentioned above is exactly the same reason the Japanese and other East Asian's love to vacation in Hawaii. According to the article, they feel safe in Hawaii vs going to other island paradise's in SE Asia or the Philippines.

santi319

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:33 pm

The east coast is shifting their views in regards to Hawaii, even my buddies in East Canada have been visiting a lot of the different islands.

Hawaii could be like a tropical Iceland- and equally expensive, but not a big deal for a lot.

tomaheath

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:56 pm

DoctorVenkman wrote:
I've been to all the main Hawaiian islands as well as a few Caribbean islands, having lived on both coasts of the USA. I would say that Hawaii has much more of a DIY adventure feeling... you can just rent a car and see all these things on your own. It's still the USA, the roads are in good condition, people speak English, etc. Whereas the islands I visited in the Caribbean were mostly all-inclusive resorts, where an "adventure" would be taking the package trip from your resort to go zip-lining or whatever. Everything I did felt very by the books and rehearsed in the Caribbean.

That's not to say one type of trip is better than the other, but people will have their preferences. Personally, I would rather fly 11 hours to Hawaii than 4 hours to the Caribbean, but that's just the way I like to travel.

I agree about the DIY adventures I went on a Caribbean cruise and that wasn’t for me great way to put it “by the books”.

TWA902fly

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:59 pm

RWA380 wrote:
sargester wrote:
Lads,

Please enlighten me...J

The flight has been mentioned several times in the Hawaii thread & the same report, it has been exceeding expectations from it's launch. HA moves slowly with their adds, especially outside of their proven markets. I expect this second successful foray to the East Coast to possibly bring another add inland well past the West Coast. As far as Hawaiians BOS-HNL schedule goes, from a random Weds in April.

The connecting traffic with B6 must not be significant given the departure time from Boston, how many places even connect properly? Except JFK maybe & then one would be on the HA n/s from there. However the return flight likely offers quite a bit of the East Cost markets served by B6 out of BOS. I am under the impression this is mostly O/D traffic.

The B6 arrivals that connect to this BOS flight are as follows (using today's schedule, 40 minute minimum connection time);

0614 SYR
0622 BWI
0634 RIC
0635 PIT
0642 CLE
0649 DTW
0654 RDU
0715 PVC (CapeAir)
0723 DCA
0725 BHB (CapeAir)
0730 ATL
0731 ACK (CapeAir)
0750 MVY (CapeAir)
0755 LEB (CapeAir)
0803 RUT (CapeAir)
0806 LGA
0806 SJU
0808 AUG (CapeAir)
0817 ORD
0817 SDQ
0819 PHL
0820 JFK
0826 BUF

Realistically, a lot of those are tiny markets in general, so the focus is BOS O&D.

'902
life wasn't worth the balance, or the crumpled paper it was written on

KanaHawaii

Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:34 pm

The attraction of Hawaii in comparison to the Caribbean has to do with safety of the tourists. As many on the East Coast know, if you go to certain places in the islands there, you are literally living at the resort and not venturing outside to see anything. If your idea of a vacation is to stay at a resort, that is fine and dandy. However, for many who like to have adventure in their travels, Hawaii provides both safety (for the most part) inside and outside of the resorts. That means you can pretty much go anywhere on the islands and feel safe. Considering the types of crimes that are reported to happen in the Caribbean, Hawaii as a destination resort becomes very attractive. This was the reason why Hawaii's tourism bounced back so quickly after 9-11, simply because people felt safe in the state but wanted to still take a vacation in a tropical place. I get the feeling that the thought is still relevant in the minds of many travelers.

airbazar

Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:06 am

Western727 wrote:

Why? Because it's awesome! :)
I live outside of Boston and have been to Hawaii 3 times and look forward to returning, soon. I'd go to Hawaii over the Caribbean any time.
In my case the distance is not a deterrent anymore because I have a lot of vacation time. That's really the main difference these days. Companies are giving more paid vacation time, in some cases unlimited days off such as in my wife's case, and people are taking advantage of it. Factor in the ease of renting a condo in Hawaii over the Internet and vacationing in Hawaii is now significantly cheaper than it has ever been. Last time I visited was 2 years ago and the cost was very comparable to most Caribbean vacations that I took that didn't include the DR or Mexico. The world is very small these days. For the current generation of young professionals who are used to travel the globe, Hawaii just doesn't feel that far away.

WPvsMW

Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:24 am

airbazar wrote:
... Hawaii just doesn't feel that far away.

Especially in a lie-flat seat.

USAirALB

Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:45 am

I wonder if we could see HA give IAD a shot. Income levels in the BWI metro area are similar to that of BOS (IIRC the BWI metro has the highest income level of any US metro).

Then again, if it could be served year round on a decent schedule, UA may already be doing it. I know they fly IAD-HNL but I think it is only once weekly.
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744ER, 752, 753, 762, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388

WPvsMW

Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:56 am

Knowing some of the NP thinking at HA, I think HA will avoid major E.Coast hubs. I read the hexagram as BWI being next. That's a hunch, not a rumour.

usxguy

Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:44 am

I am not sure I see HA and 9K doing an interline agreement when HA won't even do one with Mokulele in its own backyard.... why do all that work to feed 1 flight that operates a few times a week vs a guy offering 90+ flights a day inter-island to feed everything else.
xx

RWA380

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:38 am

vikkyvik wrote:
RWA380 wrote:
HNL Lv:12:40 pmBOS Ar: 7:30 am + 1

That flight must have a stop. The nonstops that I see leave HNL at 3:15 PM and arrive in BOS at 5:50 AM the next day. Travel time is about 9:30, plus 5 hour time change.

Whoops, yep that was via SJC HA/B6. The dates I looked at in April the n/s is 1:55 pm - 5:50 am + 1
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

RWA380

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:44 am

TWA902fly wrote:
RWA380 wrote:
sargester wrote:
Lads,

Please enlighten me...J

The B6 arrivals that connect to this BOS flight are as follows (using today's schedule, 40 minute minimum connection time);

0614 SYR
0622 BWI
0634 RIC
0635 PIT
0642 CLE
0649 DTW
0654 RDU
0715 PVC (CapeAir)
0723 DCA
0725 BHB (CapeAir)
0730 ATL
0731 ACK (CapeAir)
0750 MVY (CapeAir)
0755 LEB (CapeAir)
0803 RUT (CapeAir)
0806 LGA
0806 SJU
0808 AUG (CapeAir)
0817 ORD
0817 SDQ
0819 PHL
0820 JFK
0826 BUF

Realistically, a lot of those are tiny markets in general, so the focus is BOS O&D.

'902

Wow, more than I thought for sure. WTH time does ATL & SJU leave to arrive BOS at that time? I'm guessing no too many fly DTW/ORD-BOS-HNL & JFK has it's own non-stop that also fills up nicely.
As you said, the rest are smaller markets & do likely help a bit to the bottom line, but O/D is the target audience.

TWA902fly

Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:02 pm

RWA380 wrote:
TWA902fly wrote:
RWA380 wrote:

0614 SYR
0622 BWI
0634 RIC
0635 PIT
0642 CLE
0649 DTW
0654 RDU
0715 PVC (CapeAir)
0723 DCA
0725 BHB (CapeAir)
0730 ATL
0731 ACK (CapeAir)
0750 MVY (CapeAir)
0755 LEB (CapeAir)
0803 RUT (CapeAir)
0806 LGA
0806 SJU
0808 AUG (CapeAir)
0817 ORD
0817 SDQ
0819 PHL
0820 JFK
0826 BUF

'902

Wow, more than I thought for sure. WTH time does ATL & SJU leave to arrive BOS at that time? I'm guessing no too many fly DTW/ORD-BOS-HNL & JFK has it's own non-stop that also fills up nicely.
As you said, the rest are smaller markets & do likely help a bit to the bottom line, but O/D is the target audience.

B6 996 leaves ATL at 5:03am, arrives BOS 7:30am
B6 962 leaves SJU at 2:10am, arrives BOS 5:13am
B6 862 leaves SJU at 5:01am, arrives BOS 8:06am

'902
life wasn't worth the balance, or the crumpled paper it was written on

RWA380

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:54 pm

WPvsMW wrote:
Knowing some of the NP thinking at HA, I think HA will avoid major E.Coast hubs. I read the hexagram as BWI being next. That's a hunch, not a rumour.

You & I must be reading the same tea leaves ... Many speculate IAD, I do not, I believe it'll be BWI as well if HA lands near the Potomac. Just a hunch as well ...

Kno

Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:53 am

People who keep saying why don’t Bostonians just go to closer islands or Mexico are missing the point.

- many of the islands and Mexico have had safety issues lately.
- it’s not ONLY about having a beach and warm weather, the culture and everything aside from sun and sand Hawaii has to offer are completely different.
- Bostonians aren’t intimidated by a longer flight time, HAs flights are reasonably priced
- Bostonians have always been going to Hawaii, we just had to stop somewhere west before.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos