Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
sand26391
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:05 pm

VTCIE wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
KLM PAX LOAD AT BLR (from 31/10/19 to 07/12/19)

Image

Are these numbers better than the 9W BLR–AMS flight? Of course, that was a 777-300ER, so had more passengers.


Jet used to operate A330 on this sector. The numbers were more or less the same, but the frequency was daily. There are rumours that AF may send the 350 next winter instead of the 777, but nothing confirmed.
The same goes for Qatar Airways too.
 
sabby
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:06 pm

VTCIE wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
KLM PAX LOAD AT BLR (from 31/10/19 to 07/12/19)

Image

Are these numbers better than the 9W BLR–AMS flight? Of course, that was a 777-300ER, so had more passengers.

It was mostly A330-300 with seasonal 77W. BLR-AMS sector load was definitely better than that but fares were low. KLM is doing better on AMS-BLR sector I think, kinda expected.
 
sand26391
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:15 pm

BLR airport's T2 model was kept on for show last month in GES 2019.

Image

Image

Image

Image
 
VTORD
Posts: 776
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:51 pm

Malayil wrote:
I’m actually shocked that Kathmandu has more demand to Sydney than BOM. That makes no sense to me.

I agree that is surprising but I don't think it is entirely out of place.
The Nepalese diaspora is quite widespread from the ME to as far as the EU - in blue collar professions (everything from manufacturing to restaurants) as well as the international student community which ends up in the high educated jobs eventually. They are also extremely well connected and close knit. I was surprised to learn about this while working with a (for the most part) Nepalese and Bengali (Bangladesh) work force in DXB. Most of this demand will be VFR / low yield IMHO.
 
JOYA380B747
Posts: 794
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:31 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:06 am

Malayil wrote:
I’m actually shocked that Kathmandu has more demand to Sydney than BOM. That makes no sense to me.


Makes perfect sense. There is a huge (like really huge) Newari community in Australia, who are ethnically the indigenous inhabitants of Kathmandu valley. That and the immense popularity amongst Australians for adventure tourism in Nepal.

VTORD wrote:
The Nepalese diaspora is quite widespread from the ME to as far as the EU


Their community is far more extensive in the mainland US & Canada than most of EU combined. While the Nepalese disaspora in ME is more labor workforce, that of the US/UK/Australia is of the doctors/engineers/lawyers etc. Skilled Nepalese migrants have mostly moved to the purely English speaking countries.

Less job and academic opportunities, coupled with decades of political instability (Maoist war, fall of monarchy, delay in formation of a constitution, etc) back in Nepal has 'forced' skilled and unskilled labor to migrate (to India, and rest of the world).
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2784
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:24 am

NCLAT plays head games with Synergy on Jet

1. The tribunal told Synergy Group that “slots are a perishable asset. The government will not give any guarantee”. Just the other day, all the Indian newspapers were reporting that "because slots are a perishable asset they would guarantee the Jet airways slot to the buyer" [which I had pointed out sounded contradictory to begin with.]

2. Synergy wants the Government to guarantee the London LHR slots but it is not for the Government to give because those slots are owned by Etihad. I mean how can the NCLAT, the so called Resolution Professional and NCLAT not know that?

Why is there a continued rigmarole?

https://www.financialexpress.com/indust ... p/1799282/
 
pune
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:34 pm

Just saw this as the minister is one who has independant charge to aviation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PihTCMDCoJk

all and any comments welcome.
 
CaliguyNYC
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:46 pm

edealinfo wrote:
NCLAT plays head games with Synergy on Jet

1. The tribunal told Synergy Group that “slots are a perishable asset. The government will not give any guarantee”. Just the other day, all the Indian newspapers were reporting that "because slots are a perishable asset they would guarantee the Jet airways slot to the buyer" [which I had pointed out sounded contradictory to begin with.]

2. Synergy wants the Government to guarantee the London LHR slots but it is not for the Government to give because those slots are owned by Etihad. I mean how can the NCLAT, the so called Resolution Professional and NCLAT not know that?

Why is there a continued rigmarole?

https://www.financialexpress.com/indust ... p/1799282/


I read somewhere that the GOI had given Jet’s slots now until March and any buyer of Jet would have to wait until then to restart. I am so confused what is going on, Why are they still trying to bring back Jet. Everyone has moved on.
 
pune
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:58 pm

pune wrote:
Just saw this as the minister is one who has independant charge to aviation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PihTCMDCoJk

all and any comments welcome.


I dunno how many people saw it, the Minister is Hardeep Singh Puri (Minister of State, Civil Aviation)

one of the points that he made during the show that Kannuar was making ATF pretty cheap, the taxation on ATF was as low as 1.5% or something and that is why it is drawing as much traffic as it is. He also went to make a point that they are trying that other airports also follow suit so that ticket prices are low, airlines are full and everybody makes money. How much of that would be reality and how much politiking only time will tell. I would be enthused if lower fares are there although looking at reduced competition (no Jet) and neither MAX, the airlines can more or less charge what they want which they have been doing.
 
pune
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:03 pm

I dunno if anybody had come across this or not, this happened again on a Delhi-Pune flight, this is the second time I remember. We had a women captain and a male 2nd in command. Before taxing, the gentleman came on air and introduced him and the captain and shared how many hours of actual flying she had done and so the same for himself. Now when you have an all male-crew I don't remember that either being asked or being shared, but this has happened twice now. This was on Indigo. Now I don't want to believe that he was being sexist or was working on the presumption that many people have that women are inherently bad and unsafe drivers. Please let me know if anybody has had similar experience.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2784
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:29 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
NCLAT plays head games with Synergy on Jet

1. The tribunal told Synergy Group that “slots are a perishable asset. The government will not give any guarantee”. Just the other day, all the Indian newspapers were reporting that "because slots are a perishable asset they would guarantee the Jet airways slot to the buyer" [which I had pointed out sounded contradictory to begin with.]

2. Synergy wants the Government to guarantee the London LHR slots but it is not for the Government to give because those slots are owned by Etihad. I mean how can the NCLAT, the so called Resolution Professional and NCLAT not know that?

Why is there a continued rigmarole?

https://www.financialexpress.com/indust ... p/1799282/


I read somewhere that the GOI had given Jet’s slots now until March and any buyer of Jet would have to wait until then to restart. I am so confused what is going on, Why are they still trying to bring back Jet. Everyone has moved on.


It sounds like the NCLAT and the Resolution Professional are desperate for buyers (perhaps because they think they can get a higher recovery amount than otherwise). Desperate is an accurate word for this situation because there is no other word for this being repeatedly dragged on. You may recall that one round of bidding already concluded in Aug and Naresh Goyal’s ghost companies, Adani, and the Hindujas all dropped out. yet the NCLAT continues to beg for bids instead of declaring Jet bankrupt and auctioning off the assets.

Synergy would be fools to bid if they don’t get all their conditions in writing. Wait a minute, they are already fools because they are primarily interested in the value of slots when LHR slots belong to Etihad, AMS slots are with the AMS slot coordinator, and the
DGCA slots that were awarded to other Indian carriers can’t be recouped because potential legal challenges to recoupment could take years to resolve in India courts.
 
CaliguyNYC
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:24 am

edealinfo wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
NCLAT plays head games with Synergy on Jet

1. The tribunal told Synergy Group that “slots are a perishable asset. The government will not give any guarantee”. Just the other day, all the Indian newspapers were reporting that "because slots are a perishable asset they would guarantee the Jet airways slot to the buyer" [which I had pointed out sounded contradictory to begin with.]

2. Synergy wants the Government to guarantee the London LHR slots but it is not for the Government to give because those slots are owned by Etihad. I mean how can the NCLAT, the so called Resolution Professional and NCLAT not know that?

Why is there a continued rigmarole?

https://www.financialexpress.com/indust ... p/1799282/


I read somewhere that the GOI had given Jet’s slots now until March and any buyer of Jet would have to wait until then to restart. I am so confused what is going on, Why are they still trying to bring back Jet. Everyone has moved on.


It sounds like the NCLAT and the Resolution Professional are desperate for buyers (perhaps because they think they can get a higher recovery amount than otherwise). Desperate is an accurate word for this situation because there is no other word for this being repeatedly dragged on. You may recall that one round of bidding already concluded in Aug and Naresh Goyal’s ghost companies, Adani, and the Hindujas all dropped out. yet the NCLAT continues to beg for bids instead of declaring Jet bankrupt and auctioning off the assets.

Synergy would be fools to bid if they don’t get all their conditions in writing. Wait a minute, they are already fools because they are primarily interested in the value of slots when LHR slots belong to Etihad, AMS slots are with the AMS slot coordinator, and the
DGCA slots that were awarded to other Indian carriers can’t be recouped because potential legal challenges to recoupment could take years to resolve in India courts.


I think the indian slots can be recouped. They have always been “given” on a temporary basis. The issue, in my opinion, is more about debt and other liabilities in buying Jet. If India had a US style bankruptcy code, Jet would have been sold long ago. But that does not exist in india, so they should just close Jet and move on.
 
avier
Posts: 1310
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:01 am

CaliguyNYC wrote:
I think the indian slots can be recouped. They have always been “given” on a temporary basis.

If all the Jet slots, especially the BOM slots, are taken back from other carriers, one other carrier is likely going to collapse.
 
airboss787
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:13 am

Looks like UA82 is a 777-300ER today and also happens to their newest 777 and also the first one in the new livery. I wonder what caused the sub since this is not a permanent replacement.
 
CaliguyNYC
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:36 am

airboss787 wrote:
Looks like UA82 is a 777-300ER today and also happens to their newest 777 and also the first one in the new livery. I wonder what caused the sub since this is not a permanent replacement.


No direct knowledge, my guess - it is ultra peak season between the US and India with super high fares and full full flights. Perhaps they did a last min sub to take advantage of very high J sales and pulled the aircraft from a route that didn’t need it because it is winter or low business travel over Xmas.
 
User avatar
trinidadeG
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:43 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:38 am

What are the chances of Jet being re-born as a Low Cost Carrier re-branded as TruStar? Ironic. Because not too long ago, Jet was in negotiations to sub-lease their ATRs to TruJet!

Come to think of it, there are TWO AOPs up for grabs, so.....

Turbo Aviation shows interest in Jet Airways

Ashish Chhawchharia, the appointed resolution professional of Jet Airways, had recently informed the Mumbai bench of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) on December 17 that two entities had shown early interest to invest in in the grounded airline.

Turbo Aviation Private Ltd has emerged as one of those entities. Earlier this week, Turbo Aviation Pvt. Ltd had firmed up an investment of about 100 million pounds from a UK based Group. Turbo Aviation had announced its plans to launch a new low-cost airline ‘TruStar’ by mid 2020.

One of the persons close to the development said "The Indian company reached out to the RP about six days ago. The RP is yet to receive any formal request from it."


https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/ec ... 372862.ece
 
unnayan
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:52 pm

DL24 is about to land in BOM in some time for its inaugural flight, first flight is a bit delayed.

Anyone knows if any celebration is planned?
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2784
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:42 am

Hindujas will invest in Jet only if NCLAT will give a “clean chit” on past liabilities , which is a pipe dream. however, NCLT has told Synergy “ not to worry about it (past liabilities)”. However, If anyone takes NCLAT’s oral words to the bank, they are fools

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livemi ... 89134.html
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2784
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:47 am

Fresh bids sought for Jet as Turbo Aviation too jumps in the fray. What’ Claiguy’s take on inviting another round of bidding?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thehin ... 2.ece/amp/
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2784
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:56 am

Air India to launch BOM to London Stanstead, and, separately, double Flights to Toronto

https://www.eturbonews.com/537460/air-i ... d-service/
 
CaliguyNYC
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:19 am

edealinfo wrote:
Hindujas will invest in Jet only if NCLAT will give a “clean chit” on past liabilities , which is a pipe dream. however, NCLT has told Synergy “ not to worry about it (past liabilities)”. However, If anyone takes NCLAT’s oral words to the bank, they are fools

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livemi ... 89134.html


Crazy NCLAT won’t grant the “debt free” tag. Hindujas are totally right. I am in BOM right now. Been asking about Jet on the Xmas party circuit, BOM business types say this is the way business is done in India. There is always a GOI bank behind these types of businesses and they will shut the business down and get zero before they forgive debt. Makes no sense, but as they say, “this is business in India”. What ever...
 
CaliguyNYC
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:36 am

edealinfo wrote:
Air India to launch BOM to London Stanstead, and, separately, double Flights to Toronto

https://www.eturbonews.com/537460/air-i ... d-service/


Good for AI. As a tourist or business traveler to LON, I don’t mind either LHR, Stanstead or LGW. They are all basically the same for me from central London.I assume the BOM route will just fill in days the ATQ route doesn’t operate. Good times that are different than current BOM-LHR so gives choice
 
Sharma737
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:14 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Hindujas will invest in Jet only if NCLAT will give a “clean chit” on past liabilities , which is a pipe dream. however, NCLT has told Synergy “ not to worry about it (past liabilities)”. However, If anyone takes NCLAT’s oral words to the bank, they are fools

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livemi ... 89134.html


https://www.livemint.com/news/india/ibc ... 71616.html

It seems Hinduja brothers got what they asked for in form of gov ordinance. No more relying on oral assurances, its here in black & white, now let’s see if they will put money where their mouth is.
 
georgiabill
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:53 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:12 pm

At some point AI is going to need more long range aircraft. More 787'S, A321XLR'S or A350'S. I could see more 787'S and A321XLR short term and perhaps a future order for A359'S.
Would the 78J be a good aircraft for LHR and other high demand european airports?
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2784
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:29 am

Sharma737 wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
Hindujas will invest in Jet only if NCLAT will give a “clean chit” on past liabilities , which is a pipe dream. however, NCLT has told Synergy “ not to worry about it (past liabilities)”. However, If anyone takes NCLAT’s oral words to the bank, they are fools

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livemi ... 89134.html


https://www.livemint.com/news/india/ibc ... 71616.html

It seems Hinduja brothers got what they asked for in form of gov ordinance. No more relying on oral assurances, its here in black & white, now let’s see if they will put money where their mouth is.

While this is fanatastic news, why does the Government think of this only now and now when the original IBC law was drafted? Anyway, better late than never
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2784
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:31 am

georgiabill wrote:
At some point AI is going to need more long range aircraft. More 787'S, A321XLR'S or A350'S. I could see more 787'S and A321XLR short term and perhaps a future order for A359'S.
Would the 78J be a good aircraft for LHR and other high demand european airports?


I think you have to focus on Air India’s survival. Everything else is on hold. The Government rightfully decided to give it zero budgetary support which means it will have to figure out how to pay fuel bills to keep the aircraft in the air. Fleet decisions are now a pipe dream.
 
CaliguyNYC
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:32 am

Sharma737 wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
Hindujas will invest in Jet only if NCLAT will give a “clean chit” on past liabilities , which is a pipe dream. however, NCLT has told Synergy “ not to worry about it (past liabilities)”. However, If anyone takes NCLAT’s oral words to the bank, they are fools

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livemi ... 89134.html


https://www.livemint.com/news/india/ibc ... 71616.html

It seems Hinduja brothers got what they asked for in form of gov ordinance. No more relying on oral assurances, its here in black & white, now let’s see if they will put money where their mouth is.


I just read this today in the paper and thought of Jet. Maybe the GOI is getting serious because economy is slowing down for real. If you think about it, Spice and Vistara will just reallocate the BOM capacity to other cities. That said, the amendment to the law has not been made (to my knowledge), it is just proposed. So you know India...
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2784
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:07 am

Mangalore airport traffic tanks as Kannur competes with just 1 percent tax of fuel as opposed to Mangalore’s 28 percent
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.economic ... 964445.cms
 
Sharma737
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:38 am

CaliguyNYC wrote:
Sharma737 wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
Hindujas will invest in Jet only if NCLAT will give a “clean chit” on past liabilities , which is a pipe dream. however, NCLT has told Synergy “ not to worry about it (past liabilities)”. However, If anyone takes NCLAT’s oral words to the bank, they are fools

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livemi ... 89134.html


https://www.livemint.com/news/india/ibc ... 71616.html

It seems Hinduja brothers got what they asked for in form of gov ordinance. No more relying on oral assurances, its here in black & white, now let’s see if they will put money where their mouth is.


I just read this today in the paper and thought of Jet. Maybe the GOI is getting serious because economy is slowing down for real. If you think about it, Spice and Vistara will just reallocate the BOM capacity to other cities. That said, the amendment to the law has not been made (to my knowledge), it is just proposed. So you know India...



Whenever Parliament is not in session Government can bring new laws or amendments to existing ones by issuing an Ordinances without consent of the legislature. The ordinance will come into force as soon as Hon. President puts his signature on it which is just a formality as it has already been approved by the Union cabinet. This will then be tabled whenever parliament is in session where it will most probably sail through as the government is in brute majority. So from what I can understand it is a done deal and will come into force within a day or two but I can totally understand your scepticism.
 
avier
Posts: 1310
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:28 am

IndiGo adds new destination : Aurangabad .

Will connect with one daily each from Mumbai/Delhi/Hyderabad from Feb '20.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2784
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:06 pm

avier wrote:
IndiGo adds new destination : Aurangabad .

Will connect with one daily each from Mumbai/Delhi/Hyderabad from Feb '20.

Is this the last remaining City that has yet to be renamed by the Government?
 
VTORD
Posts: 776
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:40 pm

I did not see this posted here:
Air Asia Abu Dhabi has released a list of destinations. JAI is first India destination.

https://www.bangaloreaviation.com/2019/ ... aipur.html
 
VTORD
Posts: 776
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:46 pm

georgiabill wrote:
At some point AI is going to need more long range aircraft. More 787'S, A321XLR'S or A350'S. I could see more 787'S and A321XLR short term and perhaps a future order for A359'S.
Would the 78J be a good aircraft for LHR and other high demand european airports?

AI should stay away from buying anything until they can get any semblance of order in their ops. Haven't kept a tab on it recently but their WB fleet is not the best utilized fleet in the industry. Let them get a handle on that first before going on another shopping spree. Note user @yashk 's posts on utilization of AI777s upthread or in the Nov thread.
 
avier
Posts: 1310
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:49 pm

VTORD wrote:
I did not see this posted here:
Air Asia Abu Dhabi has released a list of destinations. JAI is first India destination.

https://www.bangaloreaviation.com/2019/ ... aipur.html


There's nothing like Air Asia Abu Dabhi. It's Air Arabia (Abu Dabhi).

Not surprised at the India launch for this airline's network. Tons of available seats between India-AUH which was made available when EY took stake in the now defunct Jet Airways.
 
VTORD
Posts: 776
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:16 pm

avier wrote:
VTORD wrote:
I did not see this posted here:
Air Asia Abu Dhabi has released a list of destinations. JAI is first India destination.

https://www.bangaloreaviation.com/2019/ ... aipur.html


There's nothing like Air Asia Abu Dabhi. It's Air Arabia (Abu Dabhi).

Not surprised at the India launch for this airline's network. Tons of available seats between India-AUH which was made available when EY took stake in the now defunct Jet Airways.

Sorry! Air "Arabia".... WoW!! Whatever I had last night must have been good :lol: My bad!! :lol:
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 22922
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:23 pm

VTORD wrote:
georgiabill wrote:
At some point AI is going to need more long range aircraft. More 787'S, A321XLR'S or A350'S. I could see more 787'S and A321XLR short term and perhaps a future order for A359'S.
Would the 78J be a good aircraft for LHR and other high demand european airports?

AI should stay away from buying anything until they can get any semblance of order in their ops. Haven't kept a tab on it recently but their WB fleet is not the best utilized fleet in the industry. Let them get a handle on that first before going on another shopping spree. Note user @yashk 's posts on utilization of AI777s upthread or in the Nov thread.

AI has a surplus of long haul aircraft that just need service for an expansion.

They shouldn't buy anything until privitized
 
vadodara
Posts: 1146
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:00 am

VTORD wrote:
georgiabill wrote:
At some point AI is going to need more long range aircraft. More 787'S, A321XLR'S or A350'S. I could see more 787'S and A321XLR short term and perhaps a future order for A359'S.
Would the 78J be a good aircraft for LHR and other high demand european airports?

AI should stay away from buying anything until they can get any semblance of order in their ops. Haven't kept a tab on it recently but their WB fleet is not the best utilized fleet in the industry. Let them get a handle on that first before going on another shopping spree. Note user @yashk 's posts on utilization of AI777s upthread or in the Nov thread.


Buy? They should pay for their aviation fuel first!
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2784
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:47 am

Bangalore airport targets 95 million passengers annually once simultaneous operations commence on both runways effective October 2020
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.deccan ... 88744.html
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2784
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:50 am

GoAirways problems accentuate pilot shortage problem plaguing the Indian aviation sector

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbctv ... 31.htm/amp
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2784
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:55 am

Tatas take operational control of Air Asia India


https://wap.business-standard.com/podca ... 289_1.html
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2784
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:59 pm

FM Nirmala Sitharaman may announce 100% aviation FDI in budget speech


The government is getting its act together for the proposed air India sale

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timesn ... ech/532183
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2784
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:14 pm

No more tickets to government agencies on credit: Air India


According to sources, Air India has stopped issuing tickets on credit to IB, CBI, ED, Defence and paramilitary forces among other agencies
Tickets on credit are not being issued to the government departments or agencies against whom the pending dues is ₹10 lakh or more
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 22922
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:07 am

edealinfo wrote:
Bangalore airport targets 95 million passengers annually once simultaneous operations commence on both runways effective October 2020
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.deccan ... 88744.html

That article is too optimistic. With moderate weather, one runway can allow for 450 operations in 14 hours. That link is predicting too many operations for two runways. I believe 95 million, with 4 runways (like ATL). London is the highest premium city with a disproportionate quantity of widebodies and LHR hasn't hit 95 million pax/yr on two runways.

I see the demand, but neither the terminal space nor runways will take BLR there today. With future expansion, yes.

Lightsaber
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 22922
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:23 am

edealinfo wrote:
Mangalore airport traffic tanks as Kannur competes with just 1 percent tax of fuel as opposed to Mangalore’s 28 percent
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.economic ... 964445.cms

From 70 flights to 50 with a new competing airport 175km away seems about right. Compounded by Jet's collapse.

In general, the aviation tax in India is punative. Looking at Indigo's reports, fuel is 40% of cost, so cutting tax from 28% to 1% is cutting costs 10.8% (or about 5%, since that is only one side), Since that is far more than aviation profits in India, it will spur service.

But the level of drop should have been anticipated. If fares elevate, rational airlines will meet demand.

Lightsaber
 
YouGeeElWhy
Posts: 496
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:28 am

lightsaber wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
Bangalore airport targets 95 million passengers annually once simultaneous operations commence on both runways effective October 2020
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.deccan ... 88744.html

That article is too optimistic. With moderate weather, one runway can allow for 450 operations in 14 hours. That link is predicting too many operations for two runways. I believe 95 million, with 4 runways (like ATL). London is the highest premium city with a disproportionate quantity of widebodies and LHR hasn't hit 95 million pax/yr on two runways.

I see the demand, but neither the terminal space nor runways will take BLR there today. With future expansion, yes.

Lightsaber
DXB is close to that 95M number on two runways but obviously they are flying A380s like RJs. That number is theoretically possible on two runways if they operated 24x7 with big enough planes, but yes the article (or BIAL) is too optimistic.

It seems like the premise is the 20% growth will keep happening for years to come, which it will not. If 65M annual passengers happen by 2030 that would still be amazing.
 
sand26391
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:38 am

lightsaber wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
Bangalore airport targets 95 million passengers annually once simultaneous operations commence on both runways effective October 2020
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.deccan ... 88744.html

That article is too optimistic. With moderate weather, one runway can allow for 450 operations in 14 hours. That link is predicting too many operations for two runways. I believe 95 million, with 4 runways (like ATL). London is the highest premium city with a disproportionate quantity of widebodies and LHR hasn't hit 95 million pax/yr on two runways.

I see the demand, but neither the terminal space nor runways will take BLR there today. With future expansion, yes.

Lightsaber


I wud agree, 95MPPA is more like an ultimate goal for the airport. It does not even predict a 95 MPPA till after 2029. Ofcourse this FY the DOM pax growth has been around ~5-7% YoY avg. Intl traffic s growing around 12% every month AFAIK. Anyways heres the projected forecast(s) for the airport...

1) PASSENGER FORECAST
Image

2) AIR TRAFFIC MOVEMENTS
Image

3) FREIGHT
Image
 
sand26391
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:44 am

lightsaber wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
Mangalore airport traffic tanks as Kannur competes with just 1 percent tax of fuel as opposed to Mangalore’s 28 percent
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.economic ... 964445.cms

From 70 flights to 50 with a new competing airport 175km away seems about right. Compounded by Jet's collapse.

In general, the aviation tax in India is punative. Looking at Indigo's reports, fuel is 40% of cost, so cutting tax from 28% to 1% is cutting costs 10.8% (or about 5%, since that is only one side), Since that is far more than aviation profits in India, it will spur service.

But the level of drop should have been anticipated. If fares elevate, rational airlines will meet demand.

Lightsaber


Also surprising fact is that in UDAN 4.0, IXE again is not being listed.. for the 4th time in a row. Possibly due to the high ATF at IXE and/or low demand to some cities in India. They need to invest in some bigger cargo warehouse too AFAIK... can get some extra revenue possibly(?).
 
User avatar
trinidadeG
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:43 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:24 am

sand26391 wrote:
Also surprising fact is that in UDAN 4.0, IXE again is not being listed.. for the 4th time in a row.

The Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS), also known as UDAN, is only applicable to Unserved and Under-served airports - which operators may bid to fly TO under Viability Gap Funding (VGF) FROM a suitable larger airport (choice of operator) .

IXE already has a lot of flights so it doesn't qualify for UDAN.
 
hohd
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:36 pm

1% ATF tax is unrealistically too low. Something like around 5 to 10% tax would be ideal for airports to operate and generate revenue for the state and still have enough traffic.
 
PlaneMad134
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:59 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - December 2019

Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:43 pm

Air India announce 3x weekly Mumbai to London Stansted from 20th February 2020.

Thanks to @SeanM1997 for the info.

Link: https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/12 ... 49632?s=19

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos