Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 772
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:24 am

Blerg wrote:
stylo777 wrote:
I strongly believe that the additional 319's are to bridge the gap created by the MAX.

I also heard news that KK will be back on Monday. With almost the whole fleet is gone, what is actually left there to be flown?


If they are coming back (which I doubt) then it means they secured additional funding so they could lease new frames to compensate for the ones that were taken away.


1) TK actually did need additional 319s for short and thin routes (both domestic and international) after those 6 (or seven) operational leased frames were sent to Shaeen Air. So it's pretty obvious they do need some brand new 220s if they want to build up a strong and new fleet on that segment.
2) KK Staff were called in to resume duty for next Monday (16th) but that doesn't mean they will again start flying on this date. There was another date whispered as 21st for "re-starting ops" but with the present state of the fleet that looks over-optimistic.
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
ARNbased
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:43 am

If it's true, I'm VERY surprised about the decision to change the seat type in C on the B787 (/A350), albeit also very happy. I've been an extremely loyal fan of TK C for many years but just tried it in B787 and hated the seats. So much in fact that I cancelled a couple of upcoming TK flights between EU and US and switched to LOT, who still has roomy 2-2-2 seats on their B787s..
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:47 am

TC-LSP, a TK A321neo was delivered a few days ago and is in service now.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 772
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:09 pm

An interesting issue; will be interesting to find out what will happen on the 16th...???

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1436775

Quite a number of comments (all in Turkish...), on the same issue. Some are pretty much rational!...

https://www.airporthaber.com/havacilik- ... lacak.html
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4470
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:41 pm

Isn't it nice to see 3 x TK 787-9s at Paine Field :) (zoom in to the left side of the photo)
http://www.paineairport.com/images/fl20191212.jpg
 
stylo777
Posts: 2808
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:35 pm

TK787 wrote:
Isn't it nice to see 3 x TK 787-9s at Paine Field :) (zoom in to the left side of the photo)
http://www.paineairport.com/images/fl20191212.jpg

You missed the one in front of El Al, so in total 4 ;)
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4470
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:42 pm

I think the one behind the Westjet 787 is not a TK 787. It is probably a TK 77F (TC-LJS)
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4470
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:17 pm

From ANKER report:
Turkish Airlines leads European long- haul expansion rankings in 2020 Q1 vs. 2019 Q1, adding 184,000 seats, a 15% growth.
https://anker-report.com
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:43 pm

Are there any load factor data available for the Nigerian flights of Turkish Airlines?
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:54 am

TK seems to have upgraded their Nigeria flights to A330s, for today at least.
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:06 pm

stylo777 wrote:
TK787 wrote:
Isn't it nice to see 3 x TK 787-9s at Paine Field :) (zoom in to the left side of the photo)
http://www.paineairport.com/images/fl20191212.jpg

You missed the one in front of El Al, so in total 4 ;)

There are only 3x B787 and one B777F for THY.

3x Airbus A321 ex-Thomas Cook UK will join THY fleet: OE-IKM (ex-G-TCDR), OE-IKO (ex-G-TCDL) and OE-IKP (ex-G-TCDN) + an B738 ex-LN-NGQ for Anadolu.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4470
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:44 pm

TC-LLH, TK's 8th 787-9s first flight yesterday:
https://twitter.com/JenSchuld
 
Turkish350XWB
Posts: 487
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:14 pm

Will it have the announced new business class seats?
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4470
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:57 pm

Turkish350XWB wrote:
Will it have the announced new business class seats?

I have no idea. This new J Class seat needs to be confirmed still. I haven't seen similar news in any other place.
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 4755
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:01 pm

From Anna.aero

In 10-years Turkish market has tripled in size!

Image
mercure f-wtcc
 
gokmengs
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:11 pm

Another photo of the first TK A350 entering into Commercial Outfitting

https://twitter.com/dn280/status/1207716941395365892


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa
 
aldrigsomandre
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:30 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:42 pm

So will the A350 come with a different Biz class as well?
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4470
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:13 pm

If the rumors are true, I expect the first A350 and the almost ready; 3 x 787-9s, at KPAE to have the new J class.
6 x 787-9s in service could be converted during the longer B checks in the coming months.
Now, that would be my guess, if the retrofit is confirmed. This would be the ideal time.
But by now, the new J seat supplier should have announced something:
Another take on this issue is here:
https://onemileatatime.com/turkish-airl ... lass-seat/
 
mict
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:19 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:15 pm

Does anyone have more information on the new Cesme Alacatı Airport that is apparently being built?
Couldn't gather much info with my limited Turkish and there aren't many article in English on the subject.

Will this be a GA airport or will there be commercial flights as well? I am reading 2020 opening plans, that sounds optimistic?
 
ushuaia
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:25 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:24 pm

The Incorporation has decided to start operating scheduled flights, based on market conditions, to Malabo, Equatorial Guinea.

Source:
https://www.kap.org.tr/en/Bildirim/804978
 
aldrigsomandre
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:30 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:16 pm

mict wrote:
Does anyone have more information on the new Cesme Alacatı Airport that is apparently being built?
Couldn't gather much info with my limited Turkish and there aren't many article in English on the subject.

Will this be a GA airport or will there be commercial flights as well? I am reading 2020 opening plans, that sounds optimistic?


Project got cancelled.
 
emre787
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:01 am

TK announced Malabo in Equatorial Guinea as a new destination. Flights will go via Port Harcourt, Nigeria, a nice solution to fill the A330 to Nigeria now :lol:

"The Incorporation has decided to start operating scheduled flights, based on market conditions, to Malabo, Equatorial Guinea."

https://investor.turkishairlines.com/en ... isclosures
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:47 pm

TK took delivery of their 13th A321neo TC-LSO on the 24th, it entered service yesterday

Also I noticed TC-LSB to Vienna was diverted back to IST, any idea why?

Another question is, do TC-JMM and TC-JMN have some sort of special configuration? They appear on the morning Manchester flight a lot of the time.
 
User avatar
Yakamoz
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:10 pm

AirbusA343 wrote:
TK took delivery of their 13th A321neo TC-LSO on the 24th, it entered service yesterday

Also I noticed TC-LSB to Vienna was diverted back to IST, any idea why?

Another question is, do TC-JMM and TC-JMN have some sort of special configuration? They appear on the morning Manchester flight a lot of the time.

It was TC-LSC which returned to IST on the way to VIE. Engine issue.

JMM and JMN have standard C20Y158 configuration. Both leased and should leave the fleet.
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:35 am

Sorry yes meant to say LSC.

TC-LSN is on its way to IST now, TK is really taking delivery of their neos quickly!
 
Delta28L
Posts: 326
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:00 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:39 am

AirbusA343 wrote:
Sorry yes meant to say LSC.

TC-LSN is on its way to IST now, TK is really taking delivery of their neos quickly!


They need to make up for lost capacity due to the MAX grounding
 
emre787
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:31 pm

The 3rd and last ex Wow Air A330-300 is now operating for TK.

TF-GAY is now TC-LOL (lol :lol: )

The A333 flew ISL-IST yesterday and started first service with IST-ADB. Seems like that it also still has the Wow Air configuration and is so only going to be used on domestic ops like the 2 other ex Wow A333s (LOJ, LOK).
 
Blerg
Posts: 3960
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:38 pm

emre787 wrote:
The 3rd and last ex Wow Air A330-300 is now operating for TK.

TF-GAY is now TC-LOL (lol :lol: )

The A333 flew ISL-IST yesterday and started first service with IST-ADB. Seems like that it also still has the Wow Air configuration and is so only going to be used on domestic ops like the 2 other ex Wow A333s (LOJ, LOK).


Could we see it retain the high density configuration for busy regional and European routes? Especially to airports that are slot restricted.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4470
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:28 pm

I recently flew San Juan, Puerto Rico- Newark with UA. I just wanted to share few points with you folks, so you can make your own comparisons of UA vs TK.
Since it is the holiday season I paid close to $1000 round trip for the 3.5 hr flight even though I purchased the ticket in June. Few days before the return flight I was able to get an Economy Plus seat for another $65 fee. I visited the Avianca lounge at SJU and it was packed. It is smaller than DLM lounge and food options were very limited, but there is basic self service booze, which helped my mood.
On a full flight, there was only "Chicken Wrap" to buy; for food. Not sure but I think it was $12. Also if you wanted a glass of wine it was another $9.
I was really surprised that most people around me did not even get the free pretzels and soft drinks, wow!! On a 3.5 hrs flight !!
Also no one was interested in the IFE. They were too busy, playing games on personal devices, erasing old emails, retouching selfies :)
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 24264
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:51 pm

TK787 wrote:
I visited the Avianca lounge at SJU and it was packed.


I was in there also and people were standing and waiting to get in. Way too small for the volume of traffic it gets. Ended up getting a take out from Popeyes and taking it in !
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4470
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:12 pm

OA260 wrote:
TK787 wrote:
I visited the Avianca lounge at SJU and it was packed.


I was in there also and people were standing and waiting to get in. Way too small for the volume of traffic it gets. Ended up getting a take out from Popeyes and taking it in !

I also saw people having "Popeye's" meals at the lounge :)
I do not think it is Avianca's fault. Even the UA lounge at EWR is crazy busy. As you can imagine, we are a bit spoiled by TK at IST :)
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:13 am

Blerg wrote:
emre787 wrote:
The 3rd and last ex Wow Air A330-300 is now operating for TK.

TF-GAY is now TC-LOL (lol :lol: )

The A333 flew ISL-IST yesterday and started first service with IST-ADB. Seems like that it also still has the Wow Air configuration and is so only going to be used on domestic ops like the 2 other ex Wow A333s (LOJ, LOK).


Could we see it retain the high density configuration for busy regional and European routes? Especially to airports that are slot restricted.

LOJ and LOK seem to be flying to Port Harcourt quite regularly too as well as Saudi Arabia. I saw LOK slipping onto Paris too a few months ago.
 
Blerg
Posts: 3960
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:42 am

AirbusA343 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
emre787 wrote:
The 3rd and last ex Wow Air A330-300 is now operating for TK.

TF-GAY is now TC-LOL (lol :lol: )

The A333 flew ISL-IST yesterday and started first service with IST-ADB. Seems like that it also still has the Wow Air configuration and is so only going to be used on domestic ops like the 2 other ex Wow A333s (LOJ, LOK).


Could we see it retain the high density configuration for busy regional and European routes? Especially to airports that are slot restricted.

LOJ and LOK seem to be flying to Port Harcourt quite regularly too as well as Saudi Arabia. I saw LOK slipping onto Paris too a few months ago.


They also have the high density configuration?
 
Blerg
Posts: 3960
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:54 am

Greetings from BEG, I'm on my way to IST, the JU A319 is leaving full with only 3 empty seats!
 
aytdxb
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:18 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:21 pm

There are some unconfirmed news that TK and Boeing agreed on the compensation amount for Max issue.

I saw it in few tourism web sites as well but I believe they are all referring to the below.

agreed amount is 120 Mil USD. TK shares increased about 2.20 % today

link in turkish only.

https://www.airporthaber.com/thy-haberl ... lasti.html
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4470
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:40 pm

Blerg wrote:
Greetings from BEG, I'm on my way to IST, the JU A319 is leaving full with only 3 empty seats!

Bon Voyage,
I'd like to hear after you land about your experience. IST is experiencing high winds gusting up to 44Knots.
By the way, is IST limiting the tandem landings during high wind situations, like today at IST?
Thanks.
 
Blerg
Posts: 3960
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:02 pm

TK787 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Greetings from BEG, I'm on my way to IST, the JU A319 is leaving full with only 3 empty seats!

Bon Voyage,
I'd like to hear after you land about your experience. IST is experiencing high winds gusting up to 44Knots.
By the way, is IST limiting the tandem landings during high wind situations, like today at IST?
Thanks.


Thank you but it was an exhausting flight. First the plane arrived late then we were sitting in the plane for over 30 minutes only to find out that crew time expired. We had to go back to the terminal only to board the plane again. Then we took off and once we reach Istanbul we circled for around 40 minutes. Landing was wild, I thought the plane was going to break apart upon landing as we hit the runway with the left wheel and it seemed as if the wing was going to hit the runway. Luckily it all ended quite well. Interestingly enough, the flight back is full as well with transfers to Paris (15x), Frankfurt (11x), Stuttgart (12x) and Amsterdam (15x) so 53 transfer passengers, the rest are locals from what I was told at BEG.

Seems like JU is doing quite well in Istanbul this time around. The route should do really well once JU and TK sign that code-share agreement.
 
PHXWRLD
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:49 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:33 pm

Any chance TK adds SEA service?
 
Turkish777X
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:54 pm

[threeid][/threeid]
TK787 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Greetings from BEG, I'm on my way to IST, the JU A319 is leaving full with only 3 empty seats!

Bon Voyage,
I'd like to hear after you land about your experience. IST is experiencing high winds gusting up to 44Knots.
By the way, is IST limiting the tandem landings during high wind situations, like today at IST?
Thanks.


Runways 34L is used for landings only. 35L for takeoff only. The traffic in the air is crazy with long holding patterns.

Runway arrangements are a disaster at this airport. Generally, 34R ist not used at all (only for taxi traffic after landings). Taxi to 35L means detouring 35R resulting in long delays. Unbelievable.
 
Blerg
Posts: 3960
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:03 pm

Turkish777X wrote:
[threeid][/threeid]
TK787 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Greetings from BEG, I'm on my way to IST, the JU A319 is leaving full with only 3 empty seats!

Bon Voyage,
I'd like to hear after you land about your experience. IST is experiencing high winds gusting up to 44Knots.
By the way, is IST limiting the tandem landings during high wind situations, like today at IST?
Thanks.


Runways 34L is used for landings only. 35L for takeoff only. The traffic in the air is crazy with long holding patterns.

Runway arrangements are a disaster at this airport. Generally, 34R ist not used at all (only for taxi traffic after landings). Taxi to 35L means detouring 35R resulting in long delays. Unbelievable.


Why did they place them like that? What was their reasoning?
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4470
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:23 pm

PHXWRLD wrote:
Any chance TK adds SEA service?

Welcome to a.net.
As a former Seattleite myself, fingers crossed, I expect in a few years.
As of now only EWR is confirmed for next May.
But with the arrival of 25 x A359s and 19 x 787-9s in the next 4 years ( that's almost 1 brand new long haul frame a month for the next 4 years), I am very hopeful :)
 
PHXWRLD
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:49 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:23 am

TK787 wrote:
PHXWRLD wrote:
Any chance TK adds SEA service?

Welcome to a.net.
As a former Seattleite myself, fingers crossed, I expect in a few years.
As of now only EWR is confirmed for next May.
But with the arrival of 25 x A359s and 19 x 787-9s in the next 4 years ( that's almost 1 brand new long haul frame a month for the next 4 years), I am very hopeful :)


Thanks!
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 772
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:02 am

emre787 wrote:
The 3rd and last ex Wow Air A330-300 is now operating for TK.

TF-GAY is now TC-LOL (lol :lol: )

The A333 flew ISL-IST yesterday and started first service with IST-ADB. Seems like that it also still has the Wow Air configuration and is so only going to be used on domestic ops like the 2 other ex Wow A333s (LOJ, LOK).


The primary utilisation for these three ex-WowAir 333s with a somewhat catastrophic cabin layout will be for the Hadj & Umrah flights to KSA. They will replace the 4 retired (and disposed of) 343s. While not in use for KSA flights they are being used for some domestic destinations as well as some Nigerian destinations with heavy excess luggage problems...
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4470
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2019

Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:14 pm

Please continue here: Turkish Aviation January 2020
Moderators, if you could please archive this thread, since I've started a new one. Thank you.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos